[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Will tools like NeuralBlender.com re-define graphic design in the future?

Seems quite abstract at the moment, but would be great to explore some results here. Got to NeuralBlender.com, enter a text, press go and wait. Post the result here.
>>
"simple shapes"
>>
I am confused
>>
>>
Graphic design requires precision and very specialized applications, there will probably always be someone touching it up
Also I'm not sure how much a GAN can redefine it when it requires existing work to be trained
>>
>>419135

look up rune madsen and some of those other creative code design people (casy reas, ben fry,dan shiffman)

basically i think design in the future is going to be more designing the system that creates the design so we are more concerned with which constraints and parameters/variables we will allow in the system, less on any one set of guidelines. think flexible branding design.
>>
>>419142
GANs have latent space you can "travel through" which effectively tweaks the result
>>
Check out the interactive demo for DALL-E: https://openai.com/blog/dall-e/.

DALL-E is not available to the public, but other folks have created a lesser version that is available to the public: https://huggingface.co/spaces/flax-community/dalle-mini .
>>
>>419190
>Check out the interactive demo for DALL-E: https://openai.com/blog/dall-e/.
very interesting and the results are good.

>>419157
>design in the future is going to be more designing the system that creates the design
i've started with creative coding for a few weeks so i'm only in the very beginning of understanding it.
what would you see being the system for using it for flexible branding design?
much of the creative coding/generative as art is about co-ercing randomness to get results which are pleasing to the artist. how do you think that could work when doing branding if branding is (supposedly?) about associating a message to the image or result? it would be a new form of branding or design and not necessarily what we have today be done via code, yeah?
>>
>>419206
this is sort of a deep hole but basically its nothing new at all.
corporate branding is basically generative design before code, if you think about it.
it defines a set use of colors and type that should be used in a particular way across various media
this is what generative design can do.
what youre probably seen so far is people use it to make generative art projects with coding. thats a bit different. coding design systems doesnt have to be random. it can just be spitting out a range of designs that depend on constraints that you define.
>>
>>419988
adding on to this, its basically a brainless design intern and you are the art director. the art director conceptualizes and chooses which colors, which type, the grid, etc.
they then give the design intern the brief, and the design intern is supposed to come back with a whole bunch of different iterations using what the art director told them to use.

which means that yes, most of you are out of a job. learn improv theater and sales. it'll get you farther in the design industry than most of you people's skill at this point
>>
>>419989
Stop giving advice. This thread and the social media one.
>>
>>419991
what social media one? this is the only thread im on. you are paranoid and overestimate your ability to discern randoms on the internet by a wide margin. chill out. also you are gay
>>
>>419993
Cringe
>>419991
Also cringe
>>
>>419135
You'd use this for the same reason you add random noise for a design and then "see" something in the randomness to work from. Or collect a bunch of references to design from. It's basically a good way to start but you still have to do the rest of the design.
>>
File: op is a faggot.png (147 KB, 256x256)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>
>>419989
>>419988
since i posted that post i found a video course about Processing by a graphic designer instead of an artist and even in the intro video he shows some examples & i can see how it is different from art and as you say. using assets instead of lines/shapes like art does (at its most simple) and then getting the code to iterate versions and tweaking.
i've not got far into learning Processing but it looks interesting. i only do gd as a hobby & this has been a nice development.
>>
Here's mine, can't say I'm pleased
>>
>>
>>419138
depthcore would like a word
>>
>>419135
there will be no graphic design in the future
>>
File: 5e3c7737997ecd89f.jpg (44 KB, 550x550)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>419135
>>419136
>>419137
>>419138
>>420415
>>420642
>>420853
When I no longer can tell that these pictures was generated by a computer, i'll be impressed. I've never seen any AI-generated art that made me feel the same as looking at something human made. As pretentious and copium it might sound, I truly think that great design requires soul - something only humans have.
>>
>>420886
I have no idea why smoothbrains parrot the if-else thing as some kind of rebuttal against AI. Of course they use if-else logic, they're fucking computer programs. That's like complaining they use numbers.
>>
File: huh.jpg (64 KB, 853x598)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>419190
Weird but ok
>>
File: killme.png (30 KB, 136x135)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>
this shit takes years to load come on

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.