[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: twitter_adobe.png (8 KB, 400x400)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
what do you guys think about adobe subscription model

how do you manage to pay those high fees, do you even?
>>
>>414306
that shit is why i dont use adobe
>>
fuck that
im still using cs4
>>
>>414306
I pirate everything
>>
>>414306
I use Affinity by Serif because of it.
>>
>>414334
so is every single person
>>
>>414306
If you can't afford $50 a month, you're either a shithead teenager or a third world savage.

And, nobody here needs to pay that, because they're not professional designers who need all of the tools and apps, Affinity exists, most of the poos and teens who post here only use PS, and that's $20 a month. If you can't scrape $20 a month together, you've failed as a human being. That's not a high bar to reach, considering most of you are probably posting on $500+ phones and spend more than $50 a month on vidya, the few who aren't surviving on your single mother's credit cards.
>>
>>414358
lol if i can save $20 a month by pressing a few buttons I will
>>
>>414306
I hate subscription models, but at this point, who gives a shit. It's pretty cheap, and if you're a professional you can either write it off as a business expense or your company pays for it. Only pajeets and tweenages still complain about this shit.
>>
>>414358
it's also about the principle of it
adobe hasn't updated photoshop or illustrator significantly in 15 years
hell, the newest versions don't even work as well as the as the old ones do, i have an old computer i keep kicking down the road just so i can use cs6
yet these jackals have the ego to charge a monthly fee for this shit?
fuck that
>>
>>414358
I can use that $20 to buy tissues for those fucking tears of yours. Just pirate it and stop crying about nothing.
>>
>>414306
I use the pirated shit, even if I had the money to afford it I would still hate paying a monthly rental, fuck that.
>>
>>414358
>U$635 a year is cheap
You just subscribe if you really use the functions. Adobe typekit and shared files/libraries are a must depending on how you work or if you work with a team, otherwise you are losing a lot of money
>>
it should literally be illegal
>>
>>414545
it's coercion if that stuff is essential.
adobe should be split up of have their stuff forced open / public domain if it is deemed actually essential to client companies as it's an effective monopoly
>>
>>414306
pirate it if you're just screwing around.
if you use it for work than bake it into your pricing. all trades require some form of equipment, $600+ a year is very little. you'd spend more on tools and make less an hour if you installed drywall.
>>
Dgaf
Their software makes me 25x what I spend on it minimum every month
Cost of doing business
>>
>>415175
so it's taking up 4% of your income before tax?
>>
>>415170
how can i pirate it?
>>
yeah I subscribe to adobe Cretive cloud

S
U
B
S
C
R
I
B https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5953645
E
>>
>>414306
I live in the third world and have the full suite sub
>>
Good for Adobe.
>>
>>415397
You wouldn't know how to subscribe to the OS X version would you? I'd like to subscribe to the Mac version of Adobe.
>>
I hate it. Fuck Adobe.
>>
>>415444
here https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5897868
>>
>>415454
Thanks anon, I haven't used a subscription program before and don't know Russian, is there anything extra I need to do to make sure my subscription works after downloading?
>>
>>414306
Guys, anyone using Premiere Pro here?
I'm on the brink of killing myself because of the crop tool.
>>
>>415467
haven't used macshit version in a while, look for some sort of README or *.nfo file
>>
I just use my work account at home and don't have to pay anything *shrugs*

I think the pricing for the photography bundle is actually pretty fair, but as soon as you want more than 1 app you're charged almost the same as for the all apps bundle which is a little stupid.

If you could bundle a few apps and get an acutally good discount, I think that'd be a good bit fairer.

Also fuck libraries Adobe pls let me disable that shit
>>
>>414306
They charge monthly for software they have barely updated in years. Good hustle.
>>
File: 1625850423622.jpg (132 KB, 739x673)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
use the software every agency in the world uses. a subscription to creative cloud is the only thing we all have in common. everyone suggesting alternatives has no need to find work in the field. your $ each month goes to real updates and hard new features and gpu compatibility tests. i hated the idea at first but bluhhhh now i dont care, i've stolen so much i just pay for shit now. do you have any food on you
>>
I remember when it was £2000+(per user) just for ps on cd, a monthly subscription was a god send, if it made you more than pocket money you wouldn't moan and you wouldn't pretend you like other shitier companies
>>
>>414306
just pirate
>>
semi-related, some fag is using elementaryos (a loonix distro) ui toolkit to build something like adobe xd/sketch for loonix
https://youtu.be/MZ27OqE0mZw?t=2477
>>
if you are gonna work for an agency or work with others; go Adobe 100% (sub or pirate it). If you are gonna be a 1 man operation; you can use alternatives like Affinity Suite; I'll be doing it for 4 years and I've done fine. Honestly, is a matter of principle for me; I don't like the idea of renting my tools. I use:
Affinity Photo
Affinity Designer
Affinity Publisher
Clip Studio Paint (mostly sketching)
Inkscape (for Affinity Designer missing features)
Blender
Davinci Resolve
Figma
Capture One
VS Code / Neovim
>>
>>414369
I agree with most of that but illustrator us constantly updating. I think the issue is that the software updates way faster than people update their machines
>>
>>415467
Have a firewall installed (I use Lulu), and block everything related to Creative Cloud, or you risk getting threatening messages from Adobe
>>
>>417181
I used creative cloud uninstaller. They practically give you the tools lol. I also kill processes and disable shit in services. Check firewall too
>>
>>414306
get your work to pay for it, also if you have paying job with GD this could be deducted in your taxes
>>
>>417179
the fuck has illustrator updated?
>>
>>414306
I don't. I have a pirated copy of CS6.
>>
>>414306
The perks of being a university student. I get a free subscription to every Adobe program from my department. Though in truth the only thing I actually use is Acrobat.
>>
>>414365
>hate subscription
Yeah, companies have to fund updates somehow. A different model I've seen is that when you buy a software license you get access to the next three versions of the software. I like that model as an inbetween subscription and one-off purchase. You can still keep using the software for as long as you like (at that version) and there is an incentive for the developers to improve.
>>
>high fees
lol
it's a tool you can use to make tens of thousands of dollars a month with
ninja is u srs
>>
>>415373
Zii patcher + LuLu
>>
File: 1618776956150.jpg (232 KB, 1080x785)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>417340
Lucky bastard, I'm an architecture student and we don't get shit from my uni despite illustrator and cc essentially being requirements for all my courses. I guess it's good to have a student discount but fuck man this is a slightly prestigious archi school and we have to pay for all our software.
>>
>>417360
so it's not included in your tuition and you can actually choose to pirate everything?
>>
>>414306
It pays for itself. Cracked and alternatives aren't as good or well-integrated despite what people will have you believe.
>>
>>417371
What exactly do you think is changed in a cracked version that would be significant? You could argue updates but there are tons of professionals working on Adobe software as far back as cs4
>>
>>417360
They don't make it easy do they
>>
i pirate everything from adobe + i pirate plugins for after effects
>>
>>418377
What's your list of subscriptions?
>>
>>414306
my school forgot to take me off the list so im still using the school's adobe software
>>
>>414358
this is the most jewish post i've ever seen on 4chan
>>
>>419016
where do people like him come from?
>>
>>419052
it reminds me of
>DUDE i just LOVE the hustle and bustle of the big city, it’s so DYNAMIC and makes me feel like i’m in one of my favourite TV SHOWS. you should totally come on down to my studio apartment, it’s got EXPOSED RED BRICK walls and everything, we can crack open a nice hoppy ipa or three and get crazy watching some cartoons on adult swim! and dude, dude, DUDE, we have GOTTA go down to the barcade- listen here, right, it’s a BAR where us ADULTS who do ADULTING can go DRINK. BUT!!!! it’s also an ARCADE like when we were kids, so we can play awesome VIDEO GAMES, without dumb kids bothering us. speaking of which megan and i have finally decided to tie the knot- literally -we’re both getting snipped tomorrow at the hospital, that way we can save money to spent more on ourselves and our FURBABIES. i’m fuckin JACKED man, i’m gonna SLAM this craft beer and pop open another one!!!

basically continuous expenses and iphone create resemblance of 'personal growth'
>>
>>419054
sounds like one of those types of person who complains about men not being real men, then next minute goes on twitter to cry about people not worshiping marvel or something kek
>>
I subscribe to Photoshop. I don't want to. But honestly, all the cheaper/free alternatives are missing major features, or they have things implemented way less smoothly than Adobe. They are a scummy company, but they are the industry standard for good reason.
>>
>>415308
Its also a tax write-off

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.