[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

minimalism has meant the total death of creative graphic design, EVERYTHING looks the same now when it comes to logos, i get shit like removing the metallic sheen of the apple logo, but ffs, why are corporations like Firefox butchering iconic logos with disgusting oversimplification?
>>
>>408866
meme thread
>>
I don't like how the new logo looks like someone's fat belly sticking out from between his shirt and trousers.
>>
>>408866
minimalism is only bad if you dont recognize the brand afterwards... the current Pepsi logo works pretty fine, same with Firefox.
>>
everything up until 1962 is a bad coca cola rip off
everything after that isn't significantly different from the current logo to make any sort of point in your favour.
>>
>>408901
Not bad =/= good.
>>
File: bepis.jpg (5 KB, 226x190)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>
>>408918
true
>>
>>408866
There is a scientific basis as for the oversimplification. The simpler the logo: the better your brain assimilates it. It's something called pregnancy which you would know about if you actually went to college instead of being a faggot, OP.
>>
>>408986
Pragnanz* sorry, was a little bit of a faggot myself there.
>>
>>408866
This. Why does everything have to be so soulless now? Everything is catered to your average urban, phone-garking bugperson. Brewing companies are among the worst culprits for engaging in competition to see who can release the most bland and sterile labelling
>>
File: 1616841275855-0.png (45 KB, 249x255)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>408986
>muh science ,therefore good
>>
Adobe Illustrator is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity
>>
>>408986
graphic design is an artform
i don't give a shit about MUH SCIENCE
>>
>>408986
simple logos are all well and good, but sometimes you need some more additions and complications to express what you need to do
>>
File: konami logos.jpg (134 KB, 998x1350)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>408986
I must be a rare case then. I simply find it all disgusting and soulless. I usually avoid that company at all costs or at least never get anything modern. I've been aware of this shit long since it caught on with smartphones or other people online. For example here with the Konami logos. This is one perfect instance where I dropped that company flat with never buying anymore games from them or even packs of Yugioh cards. If I wanted cards, I'd deal with someone directly and not giving Konami any of my fucking money.
>>
>>409058
Completely chad and utterly based, I do this
>>
File: 1614101366144.png (182 KB, 508x508)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>408990
>MOM I POSTED THE BASEDJACK AGAIN

You actually can't refute him so this is your cope that minimalist pregnanz is the gigachad of design
>>
Graphic Design is not art. Graphic Design is communication. Logos are a form of communication for companies and companies like pepsi, firefox, apple, make these updates to their logos to say something new about them. Whatever the change is, there is a reason behind it, as I told you before, graphic design is communication; graphic designers dont just change a logo to "make it look better" sometimes is to reposition themselves, sometimes is to say something new about the company; as the company's objectives evolve, the company wants the public to witness and be part of that change, so their logos change too, even if is a small change.
>>
>>409115
That’s gay as shit. Nobody cares about the changes a company does. People like stability, even if it’s in something as stupid as a brand.

My life is constantly changing, I like to see something stay the same and still feel familiar.
>>
>>409115
>Art is not art
>>
I think minimalism works for large corporate brands and tech startups, but not so much for trade shops and traditional businesses. I had a client with a small family business come to me last week looking for something simple but recognizeable. Had to spend half an hour explaining why his business wouldn't benefit from such a rebrand.
>>
File: bc2.jpg (7 KB, 364x295)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
The logos just represent the actual soulless and dull society we are living in, just look at the 60~80 logos and look how colorful and full of energy they are, every company wanted to have the coolest logo, now we this because a "scientist" said it's easier for zoomer brains to remember simpler logos.
>>
>>409058
>bideogames
>yugioh
jeez grow up man
>>
>>409118
>Nobody cares about the changes a company does
>People like stability, even if it’s in something as stupid as a brand.
Debunked
When burger king change their logo, everyone care and loveeee it
>>
>>409186
Oh, excuse me. I better go out and pick up a six pack of beer and play beer pong with the bros like a real man. Can't play any of these childish ass games or especially a children's card game such as Yugioh. I need a real man's card game like Texas Hold 'Em. Fuck me boy, I'm so damn motherfucking sorry.
>>
File: 7bd.png (8 KB, 218x231)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>409093
>ummmm are you able to refute him using accredited sources that soullessness is bad?
>>
>>409093
it was already refuted
>>
It's not about minimalism, it's about adjusting to making everything readable on a cellphone, so they employ minimalism but in order to achieve something else not necessarily to serve minimalism as a design aesthetic. Blame the fact that everything has to work as a cellphone icon.
>>
>>409264
"Smartphones", indeed the worst invention ever to embark mankind.
>>
>>408990

My favorite thing conservatives and reactionaries did was deciding that science is bad. How much one must seethe about being wrong to decry thr scientific method.
>>
File: yes.jpg (15 KB, 322x375)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>409394
corporate lobby is the best scientific method! fucking love science IM A PICKLE RIIIIICK

you should read the C code for the monte carlo simulation most initial covid related political decision directing papers in were based on

trust the science! IM A PICKLE RIIIIICK
>>
refinement culture
>>
>>408990
brands don't want to be good they want to be profitable
>>
>>408990
The kinda shit high school dropouts say
>>
>>409231
You don't need a fucking accredited source, you nigger. What you need is any form of actual argument besides posting wojaks.
>>
tbf the first ones all look like theyre made by trannies
>>
>>409115
Why would you try to give any agency to the fatal heat death of creativity instead of pointing out its actual pernicious nature and then blaming the jews for it?
>>
>>409434
shut up mutt, no one needs your anti jew conspiracy
>>
File: water vs water.jpg (33 KB, 641x481)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Which one would you rather drink?
>>
>>409440
The one that's more aesthetic obviously. Granted this image isn't a shoop, I'm wondering if it's filtered water and spring water here.
>>
>>408866
I agree, but as 3d-ish logos were a trend in early smartphone days, this is just a trend that'll pass soon enough.
>>
>>409450
How can you be so certain? Everything becomes more and more soulless by each passing day.
>>
>>408987
Spotted the UX Designer
>>
File: animephilo.jpg (99 KB, 358x450)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>408937
you sir are a philosopher king
>>
File: libtarddoublethink.jpg (168 KB, 1193x717)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>409394
fuck off back to red dit libtard. 4chan is for ultra uber right wingers to the extreme for the 90s.
>>
>>409394
Sir, this is /gd/, not /polsci/ or /his/.
>>
>>408866
i find it funny that you try to make an argument against minimalism but use wojaks
>>
File: pepsi.jpg (96 KB, 799x1164)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>408866
https://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf
Pic related from the Pepsi logo design documentation which is the link.
>>
>>409482
nice ironic pic title
>>
>>408989
did you know that instead of posting this soulless meme u couldve been making money?
>>
>>408866
I think the logo can be read from right to left, and it's about how a mix of capitalism and communism are the de facto ideology of the West, totally consuming nationalism (white) and therefore killing the human spirit.
>>
>>408866
Better question, why did Firefox sign the Stallman open letter to exile him from his own creations for muh trans retard feelings?
Even better question, why haven't you uninstalled Pozzilla software and switched to Brave or some other depozzed Chromeclone?
>>
>>408868
>>408937
I can't unsee it.
>>
>>409394
The concept of science isn't bad you retard
SCIENCE! is the modern day religion with therapists/academics being the priest class.

You retards are so afraid of actual science that you still think men with penises are women and IQ has nothing do with your genetics
>>
>>408986
>The simpler the logo: the better your brain assimilates it.
that's retarded. if the logos are too simple then they all look the same.
by taking away subtle points of reference you take away the brain's ability to make quick differentiations. eventually the logo is so simple that it has to just be a word to be understood at all. fuck modern design trends and fuck you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.