[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 10 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey guys,
So an artist friend of mine recently got a Huion Tablet, but unfortunately she only has a Chrome Book. All the drivers for the tablet are incompatible with her OS
does anyone have a fix for this?
>>
Your friend did two rather stupid mistakes: buying a laptop with an exotic OS nearly nobody uses and not even checking if there were compatible drivers for her tablet. That's like buying an SD card without bother to see if your camera takes SDs or micro SDs.

Since there are probably no programmers making open drivers for that thing, and as any graphics-related product they'd probably be unstable as hell if they existed anyways - so moot point -, she can do one of these three things:
1. Simply take the tablet back and trade it in to get/buy a Wacom instead (sanest option)
2. Take the laptop back or sell it and get a normal laptop with Windows or MacOS (best option if she's not tech-savvy and it's also a recent purchase), because honestly, isn't a Chromebook just going to make your life harder if you draw? What's even supported on it?
3. Void her warranty and buy a cheap key online to install Windows on her laptop (best step if her Chromebook isn't that new)
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>408586
a guy already told you everything >>408524
what are you selfbumping for?
>>
Could a Kamvas 16 (2021) run on an external batterpack?
>>
>>408516
Shouldn't've gotten a fucking chromebook
>>
>>409268
For what purpose?
>>
>>408618
because i'm a fucking retard
>>
File: 1617728331971.png (90 KB, 309x319)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
just in case chromeos runs x11 display server and just in case it allows installing third party things and just in case this driver supports your хyиtablet
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wacom_tablet#Installation

works ok on normal linux distros at least. i had to use xsetwacom in command line to inrease wacom intuos4 pen threshold so the cursor wouldnt sperg out on hovering pen over the tablet and then it was usable. but linux and a low power netbook tier laptop for graphics work either way is a waste of time.
>>
FUCK I hate that with some windows 10 update every single month something bad happens to my UGEE driver
bloody hell I'm tired of rollbacking this shit every single time
>>
>>408516
why in the fuck would anyone ever buy a chromebook

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.