[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

mid century and googie character designs are just as flat and usually geometric but nowhere near as offensive as the usual 'flat design.' why?

>accurate proportions and body sizes, often in shape, only over weight if thematically appropriate
>attractive character representations
>men are masculine, confident and reassured
>women are feminine, flirtatious and endearing

meanwhile, 'flat characters' are the exact opposite. the proportions are ridiculous. worm hands and big whale bellies. the people are ugly, the men's faces are subservient and often confused, the women are masculine, and dominant, or the gender is just unidentifiable and androgynous

it's not that they're flat, it's that they are purposefully made ugly and inoffensive, they're soulless, and it rejects the natural order. it inflicts psychological warfare amongst it's viewers and many people naturally pick up on this, if only subconsciously
>>
>it's not that they're flat, it's that they are purposefully made ugly and inoffensive, they're soulless, and it rejects the natural order
Welcome to life under increasing amounts of communism. It's not about creating something of quality, it's about tearing down any established white culture, and I don't mean (((white)))
>>
File: 1611005553818.jpg (23 KB, 320x322)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>404768
neoliberal communcapitalism where natural order which requires being a bit disciplined is replaced with whims and desires (often delusional, antilife and contradictory one(s)) fulfilling commodities for every aspect of life.

not being disciplined and not getting criticized for being a fat human abomination or coom addict faggot are also such a commodified desires. in fact it's easier to be a lazy abomination slob and squanderer in parallel of being loyal electorate of power structure that enables exactly that, so the corporate art reflects that demand. deterioration and decay within self and around requires no additional effort.

kind of like imitating human behavior for godless people.
>>
File: N0nsfw0JEAw.jpg (152 KB, 604x504)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>404774
btw biggest abominations, spiteful mutants etc. are attracted to such all encompassing power structure that would cater to and enable them. and will be the most loyal to it. bureaucracy enabled losers. they are absolutely nothing without this power structure propping them up. principle of 'biological leninism'.

the art with ugly limbed diseased looking hermaphrodite characters is meant to cater to these people.

no coincidence that 90s memphis boomer office clipart that is all around very similar technically
but still lacked that purposely ugly-human abrasive characteristic.
>>
>>404768
>only over weight if thematically appropriate

ah yes, I too am only overweight when it's thematically appropriate.

These designs are just as bad/good as today's flat designs, they just reflected a different sort of stereotypical society.
back in the day it was all about skinny white families and now it's about diversity, the only real difference is the ubiquity of the designs which make them feel inescapable and boring
>>
>>404768
I read somewhere that these kinds of gender-neutral funny characters are a good way to promote globo-homo. Characters are becoming more and more obscure and random. Like no one in these pictures could be identified as mexican or black or asian or gay or straight... Anything they are just on big, multi cultural family with no background, mixed together.
Just as they want us to
>>
>>404768
>why?
Because they're made by hand with an actual pen, so the end result is organic, pleasing to the eye and natural, not with the shape tool and pathfinder in the case of flat design, which always looks like hot garbage.
>>
>>404768
>Psychological warfare
>natural order
Back to /pol/ with you
>>
File: 1608569865939.jpg (67 KB, 758x802)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>404824
>designers again not taking any responsibility for nightmareworld they create
>excuse it with capitalist words like 'market demands' and 'business needs'

many such cases
>>
>>404853
also

SAD!
>>
>>404770
If you're really that worried quit bitching and put something out with your creative genius to combat it.
>>
>>404856
this, we need to create an art style that solves the same problems as 'flat' but isn't as reprehensible to look at
>>
File: peretz.png (96 KB, 357x531)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>404770
>(((white)))

Paul Rand was jewish and enormously influential to midcentury graphic design, so your romanticism is just a fantasy. Back to /pol/.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK is happened to this /gd/
>>
>>404768
>it's that they are purposefully made ugly and inoffensive, they're soulless, and it rejects the natural order.
beauty is offensive to the Ugly. see Modernism in general for further examples. who started all this, by the way? i wonder.
>>
>>405934
It’s like /pol/ is leaking into other boards with tangential topics to bait people in
>>
>>405966
>/pol/ is leaking
pol was always here. you're the outsider
>>
>>404768
this is boring too
>>
>>404768
maybe line proportions or spacing?
>>
>>405967
>pol was always here. you're the outsider
Negative, go back to your containment board you aspie.
>>
>>406100
Ignoring OP's asinine rant about gender specific features. The difference is truly proportion and facial feature detail. And in this case, limited color palette vs all the whacky pastels and muted tones in homoglobo
>>
>>404768
>purposefully made ugly and inoffensive

I don't know about inoffensive because I'm offended by them and their use of fat and non-White people. Flat characters don't need to look like that. There's a company called RockAuto and they sell car parts on the internet and have terrible tv commercials that use a flat style that's not globohomo. It just looks like a cheap commercial done on a budget, so it can be done, but ad agencies and large corporations are pushing an agenda that's best served by globohomo art.
>>
>>406103
I would prefer looking at 90% of globohomo art rather than this shite
>>
>>406103
too many white characters
>>
>>404776
This

https://spandrell.com/2017/11/14/biological-leninism/
>>
>>404770
Soviet propaganda and realism looked significantly more high effort than globohomo.
>>
>>404770
Don't diss on Communist art
>>
>>405967
>pol was always here
imagine saying where oldfag me still exist
>>
>>404768
its good because its makes your peepee feel good, got it
>>404873
all good things are created by jews, copied by smart whites and appropriated by dumb whites
>>
>>404770
>MUH COMMINUSM
>>
File: 1610924535653.gif (24 KB, 60x95)
24 KB
24 KB GIF
I think there is point in assuming that current far left "anti-capitalist" movements in not being a treat whatsoever to corporate oligopoly, in fact them being symbiotic to each other in consolidation of power. Amazon & Walmart loves commies because commies harass owners of, or even burn down smaller businesses w/o government insurance, while taking the blame. It all works out because the smaller competition is bourgeois or petit bourgeis, so that's progress!
>>
>>404873
Even his name is stolen LOL
>>
>>404768
I hate the globohomo style so much
There's this one shitty TV ad here and they always use awful blob looking 3d characters to sell insurance or something.
One of the main characters they use is a fuck-ugly fat black woman with neon blue hair, it looks horrific and is basically a feminist OC from tumblr. I don't know how so many different people come up with the 'black woman with neon blue hair' look but it's really getting old

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.