[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 10 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oct_celt_tile.png (2 KB, 178x178)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
https://markshomepage.neocities.org/
>>
No one is going to say whether it looks good or bad?
>>
>>398911
Anon, we have a thread for everything web-design.

>>398765
>>
>>398935
I didn't see it. I come to this board off and on and haven't seen a web dev general before.
>>
Bump
>>
To me the site is pretty comfy as a site, but you come out as a bit of a creep. Then again it might appeal to your demographic
>>
>>399782
How do I come out as a creep?
>>
>>398924
>https://markshomepage.neocities.org/
it looks shit mate & is a shit idea shittly executed
>>
File: 1530953266534.jpg (58 KB, 409x618)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>398911
>>
>>398911
>comp sci
>conspiracy theories
>virgin
OHNONONOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>399886
Could you explain why it looks bad? It sounds like you just want to say that. I get why other people think the idea is bad when I asked /wsr/.
>>399905
OHYESYESYESYESSSSSSSS

I'm superior.
>>
File: greta-twin.jpg (55 KB, 944x732)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>398911
Holy cringe. I sent it to my boyfriend, so we can laugh at it.
>>
>>398911
You really did create a neocities site so you could try to find a /po/lack young catholic virgin girl who likes old things so you can webdate, didn't you?
Just give up and join an amish community
>>
>>399933

I'm open to other women who aren't Polish and are into papercraft and origami.

I like new things too by the way, such as technology improvements. The Amish are almost totally against technology.
>>
checker background under text is busy, makes the text harder to read. The yellow color scheme might not convey your intended feeling/emotion. Image is neutral to unhappy, casts a shadow over everything else.
>>
>>398911
Your CSS is ugly. I've made some changes to it and you can find em over at https://hastebin.com/colukireda.css . Compare this to yours and decide what to implement and what not to implement. Although i strongly encourage you to just delete your CSS and use mine. I'd also recommend changing the discord button to something without a shadow and without serifs.
>>
>>400175
Finally a real answer. What if I toned down the checkers? I probably could use a happier photo too. The colors to me convey warmth, but if I did something like red and pink, it would look cheesy imo.

>>400208
You aren't going to like this, but I don't like the alternative CSS. It just makes it look too plain. What's wrong with serifs? The shadow on the Discord logo makes it pop more I think.
>>
File: MessageMeOnDiscord.png (68 KB, 2000x588)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>400231
To answer your question about serifs. They were originally invented to make printed text easier to read but in the digital age it can be a strain to some people to read them, Not to mention they're just out of style.

And as for the shadow on the Discord link. I do agree that the shadow makes it pop, But again it makes it a strain to read. The better way to do this would be to but it on a solid background and make the background have a shadow and/or border. A bit like the Find it on App Store buttons you'd find on websites. I've designed a mock-up of what's in my head and you should consider something like the attached image.

And since you don't like my CSS i'll just say that you should switch to a solid background (or anything but patterns, please!!!) and perhaps you should change your photo to one where you don't look sad and stoned. And jsyk i'm still open to helping you and giving advice if you want it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.