[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there any sort of rule or guide about death metal logos? Any kind of advice?
>>
the only thing that needed is enabled mirror mode while drawing, everything else comes from you
>>
>>398746
Being unreadable is non-negotionable
>>
make it as ugly and tasteless as possible
>>
Make it as fucking gay as possible, they love that shit. 90s gay. Tribal. Bones. Barbed wire. You know, gay as fuck.
>>
File: Xasthur-logo.jpg (40 KB, 468x345)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>398746
Try to relate it to the band. Too many are just "cool font" shit but relating the font and style to the band makes it alot better. Look at xasthur's logo for an example. Unreadable and strange, but not just "cool font" like you see with so many bands.
>>
>>398746
Contract Parkinson's
>>
Who can get me a body farm logo sketched out?
>>
>>398952
>Tribal. Bones. Barbed wire
Literally none of those things apply to death metal logos
>>
File: 20201120_144320.png (1.03 MB, 1234x1044)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>398746
You draw your letters and just go batshit on them, just keep shaping everything into edgy shit, morph it to be more symmetrical, then go at it again, just don't think about what you're doing, just let your inner edgelord out.
Once you like the rough shape you trace that into a clean version and start the real work.
>>
>>398746
Guides and rule: dont ask it on 4chan. To many christian dads
>>
>>398746
yeah dude, the death metal world is all about the rules
>>
File: D0Ps7b1XgAE7Gnk.jpg (48 KB, 497x284)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>399820
There are some things that define a metal band logo. That's why he must mean with "rules".

Obviously "Party Cannon" stands out among all the logos in the photo, but if you show someone that exact logo they will hardly tell you that it was made for a metal band since it doesn't have any of those crazy shapes.
>>
>>399881
All those except 2nd highest most leftmost look boring and shitty as fuck.
If you aren't experienced, just write the letters normally first but progressively add more metall-y or gothic-looking elements, take examples from Proclamation and Blasphemy.
>>
File: 20201125_104941.png (2.58 MB, 1125x1654)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
I made a bottle label for my friends mead
>>
File: Capture.png (651 KB, 1409x894)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
My friend did that logo op! He has an entire youtube collection of him creating his logos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClFFJUXTpB2zr-fzVbDC06g
>>
you guys have any favorite metal fonts?
ive been using Black Castle, Amador, Baroque Text, and Cabadon a lot and need some more.
>>
>>398746
the easy/lazy way to get the base look before you add the thorns n shit is to type out the name in a font and then erase some of the edges
>>
>>398952
you never saw a death metal logo
>>
>>398952
this guy AVOIDS goth girls
>>
>>401363
nigas in soundcloud rap game now use metal logos and pretend to worship satan cuz da whitepipo are kinda sophisticated n sheeeeit
>>
File: 1607045775659.jpg (552 KB, 1242x1348)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>401363
>>401366
yep, sad state of affairs we're in I'm afraid. today's mac demarco/garden kiddies are catching up with goth/memphis rap aesthetics, so get ready to see that shit all over the place from now on
>>
Just here to post Aesthetic shit.
>>
File: boredalbum.jpg (4.37 MB, 1748x1748)
4.37 MB
4.37 MB JPG
just made this, it was pretty fun
>>
either one of these, you name it
>write it as if you were carving it out of someone's skin for a summoning ritual
>write it as if you were being enlightened by god himself to write down the new testament in an angelic language and the word is so powerful the spacetime fabric can barely contain it
>give it some weird alien organic aspect
>it's a dry tree
>>
>>400659
prety cool
>>
>>400246
"I en hall med flesk og mjød"?
>>
>>401822
amazing tho
>>
>>401822
It's alright but you need to work on that anti-aliasing.
>>
>>401979
it is pretty rough. i didnt vectorize it i just made the basic shape in procreate then started messing with it in photoshop.
any other critiques? a lot of stuff ive made lately just feels like design plus generic bg. wondering if i need to add more elements or something.

>>401957
ty c:
>>
>>400246
[spoiler]Very soulful.[/spoiler]
Var kan jag köpa svartmetallmjödet?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.