[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: MockupChukirawa1.jpg (779 KB, 2000x2000)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
Hi I didn't find a WAYWO thread so I'll start one.

Im looking for critique on this package design.
>>
>>390873
It's pretty, it's legible, the colours are feminine friendly. What's the brief?
>>
>>390887
>This is litterally the brief:
A monthly subscription box that delivers home décor goods each month to subscribers needs to revamp their packaging to reflect a more modern, urban feel. Currently they use plain brown boxes with colorful, branded tape – they want to move in a much more comprehensive packaging design direction, much like Hello Fresh and Thrive Market. They are open to various color schemes and icon ideas, as they currently only use a wordmark for their logo.

>Also thanks for your reply, I think /gd/ is one of the most helpful boards on this site
>>
File: Camiseta2mockup1.1.jpg (4.66 MB, 4000x4000)
4.66 MB
4.66 MB JPG
>>390873
Soooo no one else is doing shit on the board? sad
Your design looks good, it seems to similar to stitch fix's tho.

Im working on this tshirt for a coffee shop trying to do merch.

Any critiques?
>>
File: Camiseta2mockup1.2.jpg (4.52 MB, 4000x4000)
4.52 MB
4.52 MB JPG
>>390899
I ment crewneck sorry. also, heres the back mockup
>>
>>390873
looks great actually
>>
>>390873
>>390873
pretty generic... font choices could be better and/or have better kerning (K & I are too close to each other, A & W too far etc), mark could use some varied stroke thickness

inconsistencies between logo at the top and on the box (italics, underline distance and width)

it's fine but just feels unfinished because of all these things, doing them would take it to the next level

>>390899
nice mockup template! i hate the design though soz lol, looks like you made it in 3 minutes
>>
>>390925
Hey very helpful. Really.

I get what you say bout the crewneck lol, I don't despise it a much as you but I'm def not 100% convinced. I was trying to go for a sot of "brutalist" look. I guess I have to keep trying.
>>
>>390928
Oh I didn't even realise all the designs were the same person! I think one thing to keep in mind when doing minimalist type things is that the small things REALLY matter, like kerning, spacing, weighting, balance, symmetry. All that kinda stuff, sort of the subconscious part of the design that you don't think about so much as you feel them.

Like try typing out a word in a font you like and then JUST work on the kerning for each letter until it FEELS right to you as a whole entity, not even as individual letters. And then consider the letters in the word and how they relate to and work with each other, maybe the word itself doesn't really feel pleasing to look at because of the way the glyphs interact with each other so you might have to change the word or change something to make it work
>>
>>390873
really like the minimal design, I think one thing that needs to be fixed is the italic
>>
>>390932
Amazing.
This was really great advice. thx! I will def be paying mre attention to detail on type. (I sometimes worry Ill mess up the work of the original type creator if I get too involved with modifying the originals. I guess it takes a trained eye and sublte work)

/gd/ is mostly a great place
>>
>>390934
Yes! someone else mentioned that. I will be fixing it.
>>
>>390937
show us when ur done :)
>>
>>390873
>>390899
1) kerning
2) where did you find that mock-up
3) where do you find your clients
>>
>>390873
>What-Are-You-Working-On
Nothing because I can't land a job.
>>
File deleted.
Trying to make some a logo for a shirt or something in my free time.
>>
i just started making a karen/boomer-tier POD shop.

what are some boomer ass webstores i can steal inspo from
>>
>>390899
Hey do you have a mockup template pack somwhere to share?
>>
>>391105
not OP but it kinda looks like a photific storefront mockup. i may be wrong, but they have tons that look just like that, in tons of diff poses.
>>
It's poopy
>>
>>391105
Hey Op here, I dont remember were I got this one, but theres tons of free mockups online, and some really amazing paid ones too. I ussually just goolge
>"insert needed surface" free mockups
and usually find preety good stuff.

Maybe we should create a mockup sharing thread

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.