[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Google uses this particular style of illustration a lot, does it have a name? How do i destroy it?
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 593x734)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
https://www.ls.graphics/whoosh
>>
article about this very style

https://qz.com/quartzy/1728767/why-editorial-illustrations-look-so-similar-these-days/
>>
>>385014
Everyone uses that kind of illustration now, it will eventually become too overplayed and fade out like those cross arrow logos from a couple of years ago.
>>
>>385020
Very interesting read that explains the trend, thank you
Now i want the "1980s scrapbook punk aesthetic" to make a return
>>
>>385014
trans commie style
>>
>>385026
Yea, the soul vs soulless thing is a meme here but in a way this truly is soulless art. Its preferred by big corporations because of its quick turnaround and adaptability
>>
>>385038
sometimes i forget this board is on 4chan, then the retards come out
>>
>>385026
so stefan sagmeisser?
>>
it's inoffensive and the new corporate identity of any trendy company toying with the idea of not being a soulless entity. it's easy on the animators because of tools like rubberhose for after effects, and it's cool with the webdevs because even the animations can be exported as vector animations for web.

this will look cool to your kids in 30-40 years but it's on death's door as of now.
>>
>>385067
hello trans commie cunt, how are you?
>>
>>385054
its lacking in original features, so it is soulless yes. soul vs soulless isn't a "meme" its a an existing concept in nature.
>>
File: 1586046348650.jpg (3.65 MB, 1233x4254)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
>>385014
>>
>>385104
Im willing to the people ranting that harshly in that thread arent very skilled craftsmen anyway...
>>
>>385026

i’m not even a designer and i know that that ‘punk/zine’ style has already been around for the past year. lot of rappers have been using it for albums/singles as well
>>
>>385102
>its an existing concept in nature
>nature
no, it isn't. It's a concept entirely conceived by man.
>>
The style reminds me of old propaganda
>>
this is the worst style ive ever fucking seen. ZERO aesthetic factor.
>>
>>385067
Kill yourself.
>>
It's just flat design, which I hope never goes out of style because I can't draw and this is the only style I'm capable of producing.
>>
>>385147
lmao, I bet you are not and that's why you can't recognize the screencap's greatness.
>>
I don't like it because any lazy "designer" can do it. No need to study proportion or anything related to art.

It really hurts my eyes as there is nothing to focus on, just flatness everywhere with oversaturated colors only bearable with the occasional use of pastel colors and textures. Proportion is hard, shading is hard, studying nature is hard, mediocrity is always there to carry you.
>>
>>385104
That guy is very wrong about how Bauhaus (the actual school) came to be and what the founder's intentions were. If anything (and if you want to be pretentious about it), the guiding principle behind Bauhaus was to re-conceptualize art as the Aristotelian techne, meaning that it sought to re-unify artistry with craftsmanship.

The fact that the Bauhaus style (especially in the visual arts) ended up looking like someone's first session in MS Paint doesn't change that the idea behind it wasn't anti-traditionalist at all, let alone fucking postmodern.
>>
>>385387
Bauhaus was a project to weaken social fabric by making horrible art, and also helping to attempt to control people.
>>385104 is right.
>>
>>385416
That's retarded and wrong.
>>
'subtle anti-white'
>>
>>385381
>because any lazy "designer"
>easy to create, doesnt need think about literal body proportion
thats the fucking point boomer
>>
>>385622
If the point is creating literal shit then don't count me in. I rather starve with honor rather than becoming a queer that pleases the masses.

Flat design is for hacks.
>>
>>385014
I believe the movement is called "Globalist Agenda", after the famed Zionist design house
>>
>>385638
god fucking bless mate
>>
>>385014
Yeah it's called a soulless rebellion against traditional beauty standards(which exist for a reason) and idealized forms in favor of low effort minimalist all encompassing blobs
>>
>>385067
commit sewer side
>>
>>385016
>https://www.ls.graphics/whoosh

I call this style "shitty extra-small-head google art". but does it have a real name?
>>
>>385014
it's called "Humans of Flat Design"
there's a twitter account by that name that documents it (and I think it was the first term coined), but it's currently locked.
>>
File: beatles.jpg (43 KB, 840x472)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Something about the small heads and big limbs reminds me of the Yellow Submarine cartoon.
>>
>>
File: 2134234.jpg (70 KB, 470x503)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>
bauhaus of animation, soulless
>>
>>385147
Michelangelo didn't die rich you retard guppie. Money =/= Skill now shut the full up and never insult art again
>>
>>385067
>calls non-delusional people retards

Now this is a laugh
>>
>>385014
corporations think its an easy way to make their coporation not appear so soulless because they see other corporations doing the same

>>385363
as long as developers are lazy, youre good. they sure as fuck dont wanna mess around with anything more complex than this style
>>
>>385067
do a suicide commie scum.
>>
>>385016
Feels like what common sans is to fontography but for illustrations
>>
>>385014
Eli Schiff did nothing wrong
>>
>>388825
I don't know, he's an amazing designer and he's why I love design in the first place but the taxi thing was a bit questionable. Still shouldn't have had his twitter account banned though
>>
>>385016
That looks bad. Is it a parody?
>>
>>385638
based and true

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.