[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: business cards.jpg (138 KB, 1224x720)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
So which business card is best looking?
>>
Wasn't there a fifth seen?
>>
File: luis_carruthers.jpg (90 KB, 1239x729)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>382873
>>
File: sss.jpg (421 KB, 1455x1436)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>382872
Cleaner image, watermark aside.
>>
>>382875
Timothy Bryce has the littest one, no cap, deadass.
>>
File: 1564116980966.jpg (49 KB, 692x969)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>382872
It's just a contest between Pat and Paul, the rest are garbage
If you're part of an upper echelon NY company and you're using sans fucking serif, you get the rope. also that white is blinding
David's card has too much space under the address line, and the whole card feels floaty because of that. Also >not using small caps for Van
Luis' card screams eurotrash because he puts his last name first like an idiot. Also horizontal lines? Really?
Paul's card is pretty damn good in terms on placement, but his typeface is trash.
Pat's has perfect typeface but he's got too much room above the number and company name, also there's no texture to his cardstock which might be good or bad depending on personal preference. His white is better than Paul's too.

If I could get a hybrid of Pat's and Paul's with the best of both I'd cream
>>
>>382872
I'd probably go with Paul Allen's card, though Bateman's is a close second. It doesn't looks yellowed and the phone number is spaced better. Could go either way on the font choices between the two and whether or not the address/fax should be split into two lines.
>>
>>382875
Paul Allen ofc
>>
>>382875
Why are they all on the same phone extension?
>>
>>382872
Bottom left. David and Paul's cards use basic ratios for their margins, making them look too generic and simple. Tim's is the right combination of style, a nice texture to set itself apart from the standard and a good choice in margin ratio. Timeless classic.
>>
>>382911
Based. Paul's card with Pat's typeface would be best.
>>
>>382872
It's always been Bateman.
>aesthetic camelcase phone number
>didn't choose a faggot tryhard font like Arial or Copperplate Gothic Light
>strong emboss, for premium handfeel
>no shitty texture to distract you from the information
10/10 would hire
>>
>>382872
Allen>Bateman>=Van Patten>>>Bryce
Carruthers' disqualified for bringing a two color card to a one color fight (I'd dock him points for that fucking top right corner, holy shit it bothers me more than it should)
>>
I seriously cant believe that they have forgotten to spell the word "acquisition" correctly, complety messing with the scene's tone.
Bateman's card is completely fucked due to stupid typography and the & symbol being not aligned correctly, Bryce's card has bad p&p to phone alignment, actually every card has terrible alignment, but the best card from these is Van Patten's card. It has the best alignment and the bold lettering makes the name stand out properly.
>>
>>383340
I think it's because they work in the same office
>>
>>382872
its fucking American Psycho dumbass
>>
>>382872
4th one looks nice i dont like how exaggerated the texture's look on the 2nd and 3rd one
>>
>>382875
This went for over 3,000 pounds I think
>>
>>384646
damn, they lifted them so effortlessly in the movie you wouldn't even guess they weighed that much
>>
>>382872
The gold one from later
>>
>>382872
>making your card look like it's made of meringue
>>
>>383418
>Camelcase numbers
Oldstyle Figures
>>
>>382872
checkem
>>
>>382872
>American Horror Story

Hmmmm
>>
Paul Allen is the right answer.
Funny how Pierce and Pierce doesn't have an official logotype.
>>
>>382872
Got to go with "eggshell".
>>
>>382875
oh my god, it even has a watermark
>>
...Why the fuck is the thread title American Horror Story?
>>
>>386501
Tasty
>>
>>387530
lmao just noticed that
>>
>>382872
Tim
>>
>>387530
>iqlet got filtered
>>
>>382872
>So which business card is best looking?
Those all SUCK.
>>
>>382875
I think 1rst is better has a more uniform typology
>>
>>388585
>posts no examples of something he considers good
>>
>>382875
idk luis seems like he knows how to party
>>
>>383340
Its the main satirical theme of the movie , they also have the same occupation as vice president of the firm . showing that these characters are just imposed by their owners and whether their numbers or their occupations differ or not they're still shallow and incompetent.
>>
>>382911
To me it's got the be Patrick's.
Copperplate Gothic is like the comic sans of the business world and every time I see it used on some company website, business card, door sign or whatever I just wince and my face curls into a tight butthole with nostrils poking through.
>>
>>382872
> Aquisitions
good job burgers
>>
>>382907
YES,clean sans serif almost always wins.
>>
>>390724

>copperplate gothic = comic sans

this is so true. Paul's is preety awful.
>>
>>382875
>Bryce
Best readibility and alignment, but pretty boring compared to the others, blame the lack of serifs
>Van Patten
Probably my favourite, but the use of caps, small caps, lowercase and different weights just makes it a bit less consistent.
>Luis
Life of the party, but that print job is horrid.
>BATEMAN
Underrated imo, but that kerning on the ampersand is inacceptable. Old Style numbers are an acquired taste and can be less pleasing on the adress as a single line, but it is a nice touch.
>Allen
Objectively the best, but I can't take copperplate seriously, needs to be a different font imo.

They all have their weaknesses and strengths. But Paul Allen wins this one.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 665x499)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>387506
>I'm the leader
>I say "bone white"
>>
>>382872
Patrick's and Paul's look the best both font-wise and texture-wise, i.e. in every category that matters here. Other two are lowkey trash.
>>391230
>the ampersand
the only real flaw
>>
>>382875
Luis Carruthers looks old money. I'm into it
>>
>>383708
>I seriously cant believe that they have forgotten to spell the word "acquisition" correctly, complety messing with the scene's tone.
it's literally the whole point. they all had it mispelled but nobody actually cares about the content, just the image, that's the message of the entire film.
>>
>>382872
the one that spells "acquisitions" correctly. Now all of you will never unsee this.
>>
>>392082
holy shit :O
>>
>>390724
>>382911
If Patrick had gone with Allen's dual bottom address line it would be top
>>
>>392082
NICE ONE!
>>
I don't want to eat anywhere without a reservation.
>>
imagine if you had jeff eps business card, not saying i agree with what he did, just a pretty cool antiquity to have

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.