[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: vegas hyperloop.webm (2.86 MB, 576x1024)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
the future is here
how will this technology scale?
>>
>>91124656
why do leftist feel the need to highlight EVERY fucking word like that?
>>
how does this deal with flood or fire? what if a car breaks or crashes
>>
>>91124656
>how will this technology scale?
it should scale trivially
>teslas can already into self driving in controlled conditions
>put the entrance and exit outside so people can be picked up at ground level
batta bing batta boom, you have a workable system
and yet they didn't
>>
>>91124673
So I can sing karaoke with it
>>
>>91124656
>can’t even let it self drive in a tightly controlled closed off short path
Kek what a fucking scam
>>
>>91124656
I am honestly amazed by the loop. The sheer brilliance of it is something is that should be studied in business schools. Instead of a normal railway you now have a less efficient tunnel exclusively for Tesla(TM) cars, complete with human drivers and traffic in a one lane deathtrap.
>>
>>91124656
What's even the point of this with today's fully automated metro stations? Why even bother scaling something that's clearly inferior?
>>
>>91124656
>save 20 mins of walking
>65% overweight or obese
Nice
>>
>>91124885
American car-dependence is a mental illness.
>>
>>91124704
lmao
you think elon thought about that? fuck no
>>
>>91124656
This would work well in Australia since our govenments are too cheap to implement decent public transport.

We even went as far as to rip out train and tram lines in the 1950s.
>>
This may just be the dumbest fucking thing that I've ever seen
>>
>>91124656
So it's basically a subway system but with cars that only seat five people each?
>>
>>91125076
And no exit when it catch fire
>>
>>91124656
I guess it's cheaper to build since it doesn't require large tunnels and people can use their own cars. It could be a quick solution to solve traffic jams.
>>
>>91124656
How is this supposed to be more efficient than a subway, which is also powered by electricity like Teslas are, also bypasses traffic and can seat far more people per unit?
>>
>>91125104
>cheaper to build
debatable
>people can use their own cars
you get driven around by a person in Tesla owned by the loop operator
>>
>>91125168
you WILL consume the overpriced electric car
>>
>>91124656
Imagine the carbon monoxide buildup as people drive their gas powered cars through there.
>>
>>91124673
>leftist
>musktard
choose 1
>>
>>91124656
subway already exists
>>
>>91124885
niggers and hobos can't sleep shit and piss in the car.
having been on bart, NYC metro, and DC metro, I can honestly see the appeal
>>
>>91125342
they can because you don't drive your car in there, you have to use the cars they provide
>>
>>91125395
it is a short trip and you have to get off. I don't think the homeless would be a problem, unless your area already has a problem with homeless shitting in taxis
>>
>>91125168
>How is this supposed to be more efficient than a subway,
The efficiency comes from the network of tunnels that let the cars pick their own route rather than being stuck on the subway's path and route. Just like how cars are more efficient than trains.
>>
>>91125631
>Just like how cars are more efficient than trains.
Source: my ass
>>
>the future is here
>it's cars driving in a tunnel

man who thought the future was lame discovers it's even more fucking lame than previously thought possible
>>
>>91124656
Like everything Elon Musk does it's just a party trick with no practical value.
>>
File: FJgEvJVXMAw0z-m.jpg (243 KB, 1080x1229)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>91124656
> american retardation
> now also underground
cool
>>
>>91124673
did you even watch it? the guy seem pretty pro-elon
>>
>>91125631
>Just like how cars are more efficient than trains.
this is bait btw
>>
File: shenzen metro station.jpg (719 KB, 2000x1500)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>91124656
lol
>meanwhine in china
>>
>>91126320
>>91126320
trains are communist therefore evil
>>
Chinese commu/n/ists? in my /g/?
>>
>>91124885
It's a way to sell Teslas. BMW had a similar strategy where they rented cars at a loss do people would drive then and realize how much they like them. This is like that but for faggots.
>>
>>91124673
They've been on a crusade against him ever since he pushed his tunnel company. They see trains as God because for the longest time, trains were pushed alternatives to cars. The leftist idea of a city is a world where you will own nothing.

Now Musk comes along with cars inside tunnels that goes against their religion. The fact that car is electric and more efficient energy wise means nothing to them. The fact that it could be clean energy means nothing to them. The fact that it would cost 1/10th that of train system while hauling the same number meaning nothing. The fact that these things are built in 2-3 years instead of 20-30 years means nothing to them. All that matters is it invalidates their entire religion. "NO CARS!!!"
>>
>>91126320
You can't just provide fast and reliable public transportation. If it's not a way to your scam car or smartphone gig apps then what's the point?
>also blacks
>>
>>91124885
It cost north of $1 billion per mile to build a train, even more expensive if its built with a short route or the light density populated area in mind.

These things costs ~$50 million per mile. Can haul ~4400 passengers per hour more 20,000 per day for a small convention center loop alone. They're building a city scaled version because its the best option that meets the speed/cost/passenger capacity/independent of traffic above/privately funded/etc. The city scaled version will probably haul anywhere ~10-20K passengers per hour.
>>
>>91126416
>that car is electric and more efficient energy wise means nothing to them. The fact that it could be clean energy means nothing to them. The fact that it would cost 1/10th that of train system while hauling the same number meaning nothing. The fact that these things are built in 2-3 years instead of 20-30 years means nothing to them
Lmao
>>
>>91125076
No, it's basically driving a car on a road, but one you don't own, with people you don't know, only on designated routes, and no escspe if anything goes wrong (battery fire)
>>
>>91127835
All rides are reserved by yourself and you ride along with only those you approve of. Its personal taxi at convenience, vs waiting 5-10 minutes for train ride. As with all tunnels, if there's any issue you just exit out the front or the back. Its not rocket science.
>>
>>91125395
Is that really going to be the final product? I know it was part of the demo in that video, but I would think anyone with a tesla will be able to drive in, forfeit control of their appliance so the tunnel computers can be sure they won't try to steer it into the wall, then off they go.
>>
>>91124656
The one thing that urbanist turd burglars never seem to argue against is the fact that an urbanist paradise represents a corporation and government's simultaneous maximum leverage over you, the individual.

Urbanists will sing praises of the theoretical efficiency of living like an urbanist, but never the practical reality of living under multiple layers of bureaucratic home-owner's associations, and the real mental cost of literally not having any ownership in your community.
It's been a long stated claim that if you want to improve the lives of inner-city blacks, you need to give them the power to stop renting and start owning, yet their grand vision seems to be the exact opposite, making the lives of everyone else worse.
>>
>>91126416
lol
>>
Yoo Elon re-invented a metro but more expensive, less efficient, less convenient and slower? Hecking based!
>>
>>91124656
Wait so it's like a taxi in a tube?
>>
So it's a private road with shittier methods of transport?

lol
>>
>>91125042
Which is odd considering maintaining roads is very, very expensive
>>
>>91126525
How the fuck do you waste so much money on a mile? Our entire multi-hundred mile traintrack is supposed to cost around a few bil
>>
>>91125168
it's more efficient in that i don't have to deal with screaming retards and niggers on the ride over
>>
>>91126320
>*escalator breaks and person falls through*
aaaaayes china
>>
>>91130084
maintaining roads isn't expensive, maintaining sparse roads is expensive
and yet they're the only serious choice in large, barely developed countries
>>
>>91124656
>puts a single lane road underground
>ThE fUtUrE iS hErE
mericunts will try anything just to avoid building rail
>>
>>91124656
This looks retarded, just make a "premium" subway service if you're that paranoid about homeless people and it would be a hundred times more efficient than this.
And I'm nowhere close to being a train shill.
>>
>>91124767
Whats with people always pushing rails for something that could easily be done by a bus?
A train shouldn’t be used for a distance of two miles.
>>
>>91130436
on the video it's clear you ride with other completely random people

>>91125631
>Just like how cars are more efficient than trains
kek'd
>>
>>91124656
how come elon always has the best and most innovative ideas? if you retards stopped screeching about trains you'd realize this is genius and could revolutionize transportation if scaled up. just imagine for a second if instead of model 3s it used model Xs so you'd have 7 seats. or even better make bigger cars with more seats. maybe make a really long car that can bend around the corners. and to increase safety even more (despite the Tesla(tm) autopilot being already perfect) we could replace the tires on the wheels with something that keeps the car running along a predefined path so it can move faster and still won't touch the walls. yeah i think this is genius
>>
File: 1659270582437.webm (3.45 MB, 1280x720)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB WEBM
>how will this technology scale?
lol, lmao even
>>
>>91124656
what year is this?
>>
File: 1664462562953.webm (2.28 MB, 960x540)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB WEBM
>>91127920
>waiting 5-10 minutes for train ride
CBTC has been a thing for ages, and it's also a ridiculously short route. Achieving high frequency with a train would be trivial.
>>
Threads like this just attract the retarded /n/iggers who shouldn't even be on this board anyway because they're poor jobless bums and all they do is spend their time bitching that not everyone in the world wants to live like sardines in a nigger-filled kill city.

Fuck off.
>>
>>91127920
>if there's any issue you just exit out the front or the back
trains/metro run off the power grid and don't have batteries which take days or weeks to douse, releasing clouds of deadly smoke
in a metro people are able to walk all the way from the front to the back no problem, as opposed passanger cars in which you can't stand or walk at all
you have to leave the vehicle and EVERYONE has to squeeze to the sides of them to leave, have fun getting trampled
also good luck opening a door with a flood of people moving past it in a rush to leave
or opening the door if the unscheduled stoppage is too close to the wall
>>
>>91131158
how long are you going to use "but muh niggers" as an excuse to never improve anything
>>
File: 1644870435897.webm (1.98 MB, 1280x720)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB WEBM
>>91127920
>>91131114
You can also have fully autonomous operation (GoA4)
>>
>>91124732
It needs to be driven manualy inside the tube because exiting the tube fucks with sensors.
>>
>>91131232
I'm retarded what do you expect from me?
>>
>>91131232
It's pure cope. For a small system like this the excuse is even more pathetic, they already have jannies controlling the flow of passengers, that alone would keep away the homeless and other undesirable people.
>>
>>91131327
people right now are getting fucked by the old regulations meant against blacks
if you have a problem go and fix it, stop being passive aggressive little bitches with shit like anti-bus bridges
>>
File: ezgif-4-bc0b6ad202.gif (3.35 MB, 498x278)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB GIF
Could have built a fuckin train.
Or just a tram.

muhricans are so carbrained they can't even envision public transport without them.
>>
>most militarized police in the world
>noooooo, you don't get it, we can't do anything to prevent the homeless and drug addicts from shitting up the trains
lmao
>>
>>91125104
I'm pretty sure the drilling is the more expensive part.
>>91126416
>The fact that car is electric and more efficient energy wise means nothing to them.
Subways and trams are pretty much universally electric.
>>91127920
>>91131114
>waiting 5-10 minutes for train ride.
It's pretty atypical for subways intervals to go that long unless it's before midnight, or sunday morning. Peak hours it may be as frequent as possible without the risk of the trains crashing into each other.
>>91130956
>A train shouldn’t be used for a distance of two miles.
Perfectly standard distance between stations.
>>
>>91131232
Stop trying to tell others how to live you fucking communist.
>>
>>91131489
>it's only okay when car manufacturers or oil corporations do it!
>>
>>91131418
>can't do anything
you think the cops are there for your protection?
>>
>>91124656
Americans will do literally anything to avoid walking, cycling or other sane public transport methods.
>dig tunnels to save 20 minutes of walking
It's actually cause you can't walk on the surface cause of a 12 lane "street"
>>
>>>/wsg/4932637
>>
>>91131684
>cause of a 12 lane "street"
In this case it's due to parking lots.
>>
>>91124656
We will have flying cars as soon as we get past the battery bottleneck.
>>
so they remade metro but worse
>>
>>91125076
and someone has to drive it
>>
>>91125883
at least ai lets up make our own hentai and talk with our waifus
>>
>>91131093
they could turn this into something similar to ghost train
>>
>>91124704
use another car to pull the wreckage out of the tunnel, literally simple as
>>
Why do people defend something this retarded?
>>
>>91132830
Musk fans have really low IQs
>>
>>91131114
High frequency with low ridership means loss of efficiency/money/etc. In most of America, the density of population isn't there. So you have to settle for less frequent trains, which means people waiting 10-15+ mins at a time.

For example, Portland has a light train system. People there have to wait ~10-20 mins to get the next train if they come late. And if you're late at night or early in the morning, and near the edges, you're gonna wait 30+ mins.

High frequency trains only work well when there's density available. The Musk tunnel car ride works whenever, on demand and efficiency issue isnt a thing because even just by yourself, you're riding a very efficient car. Imagine if you had high frequency trains that only carried handful of passengers with the slot for 100? It would be extremely wasteful.
>>
>>91131203
>trains/metro run off the power grid
And what happens when that power cuts off or train collission happens or when the conductor stops the train due to terrorist/unruly passengers? This is common emergency scenario. You have to get off the train and then head back/forward. Depending on the nearest exit.
>>
>>91131418
The ones that control the public transit discussions are enabling these attacks because to them, you cant single out the problematic part, otherwise you're a racist.
>>
>>91124656
>this saves you 20 minutes of walking
Is this honestly a concern for burgers? Don't 50% of you ride your mobility scooters everywhere anyway?
>>
>>91134225
learn to read more than 7 words you illiterate fuck
>in a metro people are able to walk all the way from the front to the back no problem, as opposed passanger cars in which you can't stand or walk at all
>You have to get off the train
yes, eventually, once there no longer is any train left to walk in, but before that you can walk INSIDE the train
and once you get off the train the space isn't a problem because guess what there is no more train to take up space on the tracks
>>
>>91124969
Try living somewhere the size of your continent and not living somewhere the size of one our single cities. You do realize we have trains and light rail in our large cities right?

Do you know what a desert looks like?
>>
>>91126202
leftists were pro-elon until about a year ago
>>
>>91126525
>It cost north of $1 billion per mile to build a train
Where are you getting these numbers?
The Tampere-Helsinki HSR line is planned for 5.5B€ for 177-182km, which is about 50 million USD per mile.
The tram line built in Tampere (2017-current) cost about half as much per mile.
>>
File: FnKyTiwWAAI2p_n.jpg (138 KB, 1706x1068)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>91134629
They were never pro-elon. Some environmentalist were pro-ev. But the left became deranged when covid hit and Musk didn't want Tesla to become a sacrifice for the covid cult.

If he didn't forcibly get on the factory to reopen it and fight the covid cult, there wouldn't be a Tesla today.
>>
>>91125602
>it is a short trip and you have to get off.
ask me how I know you've never been to Paris or London
>>
>>91135276
The tramline sacrifices existing entire swathes of road lanes and the best you get is more cramped city driving, which is an annoyance to the drivers.

I also dont know how the cost is calculated with existing road rights, but I assume its not counted since the city pays for half the cost of the project itself and likewise must be handling all the transference of right of ways, land costs, etc.

So the true cost of the system isnt transparent.
>>
>>91135584
Also EU vs US differences are likely at play, where in Europe everything is government owned/run and in the US, its private entities dealing full cost.
>>
>>91126416
>They see trains as God because for the longest time, trains were pushed alternatives to cars
the inner workings of american mind are most arcane conundrum
>>
File: 1671504874988.webm (2.04 MB, 800x450)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB WEBM
>>91134197
You can use shorter trains and adjust the number of trains in operation depending on demand, keeping the distance between them is not a problem with moving block CBTC. It's also the LVCC, they know when there will be a big event so they can plan in advance.
>>
>>91135629
so once again, Jews meddling in public transportation make it unprofitable huh
>>
>>91135293
>They were never pro-elon
cope
>>
>>91135776
Government owned infrastructure is the reason why things are unprofitable. Because its paid for by tax payers from other sources to keep the train transport alive. They're a money sink to the entire country. Where as in the US, some of the systems are private and actually profitable.
>>
>>91135796
don't equate everything to your retarded land of the jews, trains and public transport in general are vital means of transportation across europe since we didn't have Schlomo Oil and General Moshe that bought all of it and scrapped to push their own products
>>
>>91124656
>Couldn't put airless tubes in their holes
>Resource to put teslas in their holes
Kek
>>
>>91135868
Cars are vital means, yet people pay for on their own and own their cars. Trains are government owned, government run, and paid for by people's tax, including who who have never used it in their entire live. Its a tax on everyone to support the poor people who dont have cars.

In the US, even the poorest family has multiple cars. Every working adult has a car in the US.
>>
>>91135796
>Because its paid for by tax payers from other sources to keep the train transport alive.
Yes, so? It's an investment. The economic benefits of good transportation infrastructure massively outweigh the initial cost and upkeep.
Of course, this only works in human countries. I can see it failing in the US, since you'd have to share your ride with niggers and fat rednecks
>>
>>91126525
>It cost north of $1 billion per mile to build a train
Lmao, how the fuck do you wait a billion per mile? Holy fuck.
>>
>>91135898
so you just confirm that every adult is a slave to oil lords in US
but at least you can drive to walmart for 50 minutes in your own metal box
>>
>>91135898
>Its a tax on everyone to support the poor people who dont have cars.
This came out wrong. The real reason is likely the ultra rich elites in Europe pushing the "you will never own anything" and "you will have no privacy" propaganda. Its an ideology of evil A means to control the population into becoming servants of the elites who control the government.

The opposite is true for US where the people control the government and the government must always fear the people. Thats why we have individual rights that the government can never take away from. Whereas in Europe, the power structures of the old empire is still inplace. You're all peasants serving the lords, where you own nothing and the lordship owns everything.
>>
>>91135916
Its an investment for sure. But not for you. Its all a loss functioning structure meant to make Europeans into becoming dependents on state and the elites in power. Turning all Euroniggers into cattles to be lorded by those who control the state.
>>
File: 1647739995934.jpg (41 KB, 491x288)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>91135967
>The opposite is true for US where the people control the government and the government must always fear the people
>>
>>91136041
2nd amendment is guaranteed by law. Its not so that people can collect guns for hobbies or self defense. The only and the sole purpose of 2nd amendment is to fight off the state.
>>
>>91124656
>how will this technology scale?
infinitely. this is the future....
>>
>>91124656
Elongated Muskrat
>>
>>91135967
>the people control the government and the government must always fear the people.
lol
>>
>>91131282
>own both companies
>still can't integrate them together
Can't they just put some special markers or train whatever driving ai they use
>>
>>91136100
You can easily do that, but thats not the solution theyre seeking.

Tesla can easily come out with geofence anytime they want to make something that beats Waymo, but they dont want to. They want a universal AI system that can navigate in all conditions, on all roads, in all systems, with the same software architecture. Huge goal and a unique amongst the self driving industry since everyone else is only chasing a heavily geolocked extremely limited scenario only self driving system.
>>
>>91135584
>which is an annoyance to the drivers.
good
>>
>>91136015
This is an unbelievably stupid thing to say, and the only reason it is not shameful for you is because you are American and genetically incapable of feeling it.
>>
>>91136147
Thats the point. The "train people" will always be anti-car, because they're running the same "you will own nothing" propaganda. The roads are big enough for everyone to share. If people want freedom to drive a car, they have the option. If they want trains, they can do that. But the woke nonsense anti-car politics is the current problem with "cars in tunnel" mass transport system. Its an ideological problem since they oppose cars.
>>
>>91136200
everyone is anti-car, you're just too retarded to realize it as a car cuck. you don't anything just because you have a fucking car. you people are so up your own ass it's unreal.
>>
>>91136189
Sorry but as Americans, we have the freedom to drive our car with gas, with electric powered by my solar panels at home, or with my carry on solar panels attachments, or ride in a car in a tunnel or take a train.

Where as Europoors are so retarded that they're shackled to a train by the elites.
>>
>>91136219
>everyone is anti-car
Sorry but Europeans are not people. They're cattles. Socialist are not people, they're soul less robotic bugs.
>>
>>91136063
>*gets his election stolen*
lmao
>>
>>91136269
Justice will come in time
>>
>>91136063
>muh second amendment
>states throw enough faggy bullshit to make it impossible to practice in reality
>shit like the NFA is "constitutional"
delusional.
>>
>>91136396
ATF is ruled unconstitutional. Rulings has become landmark for sure.

F-16 pilots are still Americans at core so they wont fire upon other Americans. The real fear is when AIs take control of F-16, and then politicians will aim at Americans.
>>
>>91136467
>so they wont fire upon other Americans
lmao.
>>
>>91136219
Getting to your destination in 2 minutes instead of a 30 minutes is the red pill.
>>
>>91136254
k bro. keep coping in delusion land. This nation would be much better with proper infrastructure and if everyone used a fucking bike instead for personal travel.
>>
>>91136629
A nation of bike riders is a nation that has no industry. But then again, that aligns with your goal of not having an industry, depopulation, extinction of human civilization, etc.
>>
>>91136655
>if you aren't wasting large amounts of critical resources to spend more time traveling, you're poor
jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>91136629
Idiot, it's 20 degrees outside. The closest grocery store is 2 miles away. I'm not going to ride my bike. It's frankly idiotic and only a white socialist has this grand delusion that cities are going to rebuild from the ground-up putting everyone in concrete commie blocks because your fatass thinks people should walk and ride bikes.
>>
>>91136698
>>if you aren't wasting large amounts of critical resources to spend more time traveling, you're poor
Correct
>>
>>91136698
Poor people are the only ones who spend 2+ hours a day traveling doing simple errands.
>>
>>91128148
An actual based post.
>>
>>91136629
I will drive, I will own land and trees, I will walk streams and hills and see wildlife. You will seethe in an apartment. Simple as.
>>
>>91136741
>The closest grocery store is 2 miles away. I'm not going to ride my bike.

fatty
>>
>>91136854
Go record yourself riding a bike for 2 miles in 20 degree weather and post it, faggot. You won't.
>>
>>91134622
We once had a decent railroad system too, you know.
>>
Leftoids hate the fact that a car-based country means that homes outside of their shithole cities are more affordable. If everyone was shoved into a city like trannies and elon wanted, we would be stuck with late 1700-tier living conditions.
>>
>>91136940
When people rode around on horses like they do cars? Or do you think they walked to and from the train station that went cross country? I guess stage coaches are a modern invention too.
>>
>>91136854
I think I need to see proof you even have a drivers license. I bet you're one of those Zoomers that has mommy drive him everywhere in her BMW.
>>
>>91137051
>elon wnats people to own no cars
What
>>
File: capitalism supporter.png (139 KB, 640x420)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>91126416
>The leftist idea of a city is a world where you will own nothing.
rofl
>>
>>91137146
Europoids dont own a car, so they call others "poor" for not wanting to walk 30 minutes each way in the -10 degree weather to carry 50-100 lb of grocery back home.

Its a retarded logic, but the idea aligns well if you understand that the goal isn't to not own a car, the goal is to make people poor and powerless/dependent on the state.
>>
>>91137167
Your axewound is bleeding
>>
>>91137167
this is actually a good point. You don't have to be a tranny to see the logical discrepancies here.
>>
File: 1608457294361.png (397 KB, 858x548)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>>91137234
please mang this is serious, how is the picture wrong?
>>
>>91137167
>accurate description of every communist shithole that has ever existed
>is this capitalism?
>>
>>91135967
>The opposite is true for US where the people control the government and the government must always fear the people. Thats why we have individual rights that the government can never take away from. Whereas in Europe, the power structures of the old empire is still inplace. You're all peasants serving the lords, where you own nothing and the lordship owns everything.
lmao
>>
File: 1673928323768843.jpg (34 KB, 333x499)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>91137167
My comrade in arms government control ensures that every single one of those " talking points " is the result of government over reach.

>mega corporation/ rich powerful
Funded by negative intrest loans and government bailouts.

>every basic necessity is locked behind a purchase
If capitalism was the genuine ideology we lived under comrade we would have numerous cost effective choices instead of the government which acts as a single entity which is staffed by less then 0.1 % people but would hold all the power. ( if your paying attention that sounds familiar)
>dissidence
Hate speech laws are enforced by the government comrade.

My fellow comrades in arms we actually have to have valid and sourced arguments if we wish to hold are own intellectually against those who we envy as we could never reach such heights on are own.
>>
>>91137487
Mega corporations require the government to exist because they benefit most from cost-prohibitive regulations and many can even simply flagrantly disregard regulations because they can pay the fines and/or lawyers.
>>
>>91137523
>because they benefit most from cost-prohibitive regulations
Thats why the Republican party has been pushing to remove regulations to promote new companies into the field, while the Communist parties are all about adding new regulations to stop the new comers into the industry.
>>
>this thread
I hate tech bros and unimaginative, convictionless cuckservatives so fucking much, bros. Technology.

>>91136467
The military hires psychopaths who enjoy the killing (source: intuition) and faggots or men they can groom into faggots (look up Kay Griggs)
Our shabbos military absolutely WILL fire upon you when told, and you won't practice your right to defend yourself because you'll be too busy backing the blue, supporting the troops, voting, and not wanting to rock the boat.
>>91137051
absolutely ridiculous false dichotomy
cities can be neither suburban hell carshit nor sardine-packed expensive hives. There's plenty of places which are denser than the American suburb home, but provide single-family homes. In the Netherlands, some towns use bikes more than cars or even trains.
>>
File: 1669889835475301.jpg (208 KB, 1536x2048)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
My comrades in arms take solice as we may not live to see it a real communist utopia will one day be a real thing for are kids once population control is enforced and those dissidents are dealt with we live in shared blocks of equality with our mighty overseers leading us in lock step to an independent world free of having to get a job.
>>
>>91124673
>leftists
>corporatist bootlickers
Choose 1 liberal retard
>>
>>91137617
I would execute so many white men in a firing line if it meant I never had to work again bros...
>>
>>91124656
This is the stupidest, most wasteful shit I have seen in my entire life.
>>
>>91125168
STFU tranny!
>>
>>91137642
"Leftist" in Internet vernacular means "anyone I don't like for any reason". It's more of a vague cultural feeling than a concrete archetype, since most politically active Americans are woman brained idiots.
>>91137572
>Our shabbos military absolutely WILL fire upon you when told
Maybe, but ascribing this to brainwashing is giving the government too much credit. The military is a convoluted clownfest at every level.
The actual way it works is twofold: dehumanizing the enemy and depersonalizing warfare (i.e. drones). The first one is nearly impossible when the enemy is your own countrymen; the second one is more feasible, but still challenging when your soldiers understand the enemy's language and colloquialisms, which makes it much easier for them to understand the war from their perspective, as opposed to watching a news cast about some battle and not understanding a word of it because it's in Koran babble.
>>
>>91137617
>marxists -> post-modernists
mutts are so funny
>>
File: 1674759199969658.jpg (200 KB, 1200x550)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>91137695
That's the attitude we need to get the ball rolling comrade, a single dissident could destroy our belief in its entirety.
>>
>>91137847
It's because leftists like to pretend like they're not the problem and they love to squirm around on the definition just like "moderate Muslims" squirm around when asked about whether they support terrorist actions. Usually shit like "well I don't support that they shot a bunch of children but I do support the fact that you're American devils that should be exterminated".

You people are cockroaches.
>>
>>91137909
Damn, Marx's dad was based. Does Marx's dad have a book?
>>
>>91137912
Define what a leftist is
>>
>>91124656
This is fucking amazing tech. I can already see how we could go through mountains instead of going around them with that shit. Imagine the time saved.
>>
yawn
>>
>>91138027
Big government, believes in global warming (climate change), hates cars, supports "diversity", supports LGBT, supports trannies, hates the rich, is pro poor, supports affirmative action, hates men, hates white people, hates straight white men the most, hates Christianity, loves atheism. If you said yes to any of these you are a leftist.
>>
>>91138094
Leftism? You just described liberals with some /pol/ babble included
>>
>>91138332
This type of gaslighting is why everyone hates leftists. See notice how you squirm you cockroach.
>>
>>91138056
no one is on them.
>>
>>91138351
He's not wrong. "Supports big government" describes 90% of the population of the US, including all Republican politicians.
>>
>>91138538
Wrong, the majority of the population doesn't support a massive federal government. A strong local government isn't the same as a strong federal government. Also RINOs are leftists.
>>
>>91138351
Liberals support the current ""democratic"" state of the western capitalist world, which is actually right wing by default
Actual leftists (which you won't find anywhere in the US) advocate for worker's rights, national self reliance, a move to a socialist mode of production and internationalism(the opposite of globalism and nationalism)
If anything Trump was actually more left leaning than Joe Biden the democrat/republican establishment with his policies of bringing back manufacturing, stabilizing international relationships and avoiding proxy wars of capitalist expansion, like the ukrainian one
>>
>>91138602
More cockroach double talk because the idea of being labeled terrifies you
>>
>>91138619
Ok i get it you're actually lobotomized
>>
>>91138641
No, you're just a fucker that can't stop lying about what he believes because you know you're hated by everyone. That's why you're in this thread shilling public transportation.
>>
>>91138351
>You believe in flat earth
>What the fuck no I don't
>Fucking gaslighter
>>
>>91124656
>a shitty unventilated tunnel with Chinese LEDS

Wow! Amazing!
>>
>>91138731
You dont even bother reading my post or the actual definition of left/right is and instead go on a schizo ramble about how everyone you don't like is a leftist tranny
Im seriously asking, are you lobotomized or just pretending to be?
>>
>>91138751
>creates a strawman
>immediately gaslights about it
>>
>>91138801
I don't care about whatever obtuse definition of left/right you operate with because you're a contrarian who goes "acktually, liberals are libertarians"
>>
>>91138834
ok liberal
>>
>>91124656
>Portrait filmed
>Zoomer flashing subtitles with jumpcuts every second

God I fucking hate the future
>>
>>91131093
It's a glorifed attraction to sell Teslas, and the US taxpayer funded it (like 90% of Musks ideas).
>>
>>91124991
Elon is a genius and he has thought far more than you have ever done in your troon life.
>>
>>91138027
Someone who wants reduced population, wants to indoctrinate children into thinking cutting off your penis is natural/theres no difference between genders but also requires you to have genitals mutilated, someone who wants government to shield them from others, someone who wants the government to suppress others who goes against their ideology, someone who wants a powerful government to do that, someone who wants to revoke individual rights infavor of communal, someone who wants no privacy for others, someone who wants no freedom for others, someone who wants big corporations and governments to suppress others, someone who loves to signal virutes of communism but owns an iphone and benefits from capitalism while crying about evils of capitalism, someone who want small business owners to be closed down, someone who wants you to stop owning/drive cars, someone who wants everyone to be poor, etc
>>
>>91139073
He hasn't done anything. But acquire and fund other people using his inherited money and government subsidies. He didn't even create Paypal or Tesla.
>>
>>91124656
>Replacing the beautiful countryside with underground tunnels and artificial lights
I hope it doesn't.
>>
>>91124991
Same way subway trains deal with it. I know you think your self the smartest man, but this is stupid.
>>
>>91139207
You just described liberals
>>
>>91139207
A lot of those things are happening in this system, funded by capitalists and their government. Kind of like >>91137167
>>
>>91139264
Modern liberals dont advocate for liberalism of anykind. They're leftist commies. Same way Democratic Republic of Korea isnt democratic nor a republic
>>
>>91139278
Lot of this is what the leftist have done to many cities. Commie indoctrination is deep state
>>
>>91124656
why not just use a train instead
this just seems inefficient
>>
>>91139347
>trains
Billion dollars per mile vs 10-30 million per mile
10-30 years to completion vs 1-3 years to completion
Not profitable vs profitable
>>
>>91139283
>They're leftist commies.
I can guarantee you communists in china and eastern europe don't tolerate trannies and globohomo privatization
Western "communists" in england, spain and germany are larpers who want to subjugate and neutralize the socialist movement evident by their the things above plus their hatred for china and calling for it's destruction
>>91139314
Go to sleep boomer
>>
>>91139380
Not everything needs to be profitable
>>
>>91139450
>I can guarantee you communists in china and eastern europe don't tolerate trannies and globohomo privatization
They don't. Just like the Muslims dont tolerate any of their kind, but that doesnt stop leftist woke trash to virtue signal about it how much peaceful Islam is or Islam is the best religion or communism is great or any other woke nonsense.
>>
>>91139478
>communism is great
It really is but westerners and liberals wouldn't survive any lower stages of it
>>
>>91139459
If a business isnt profitable, the company sinks and the project gets abandoned, leaving the state to pick up the tab, aka the taxpayers. Costing tax payers billions each year to maintain. The money has to come from someone, and that unprofitableness money comes from people in the state/country that dont even use the system.

Profit drives the country. Profit allows you to buy things that you do with your work. Profit allows people to own houses, buy cars, buy iphones, buy computers, buy internet, go on vacations 10,000 km away for months.
>>
>>91139510
It really is great if you're into authoritarian dictatorship. They dont know that communism only survives as a nationalist authoritarian bullshit.
>>
>>91139278
More like what people like you do the second you are in power because it turns out you don't have any morals whatsoever. You say what's convenient to the argument at the time. Right now you say what you do because you're poor. But put you in charge of a corporation and your tune changes.
>>
>>91139459
Profitability is a sign of efficiency, you should learn about it sometime.
>>
>>91139543
>It really is great if you're into authoritarian dictatorship
In most cases communist states have been conservative internationalist council democracies, way more democratic and friendly than liberal democracies
>>
>>91139565
So is the amout of people moved and hours wasted on transport.
>>
Went to an outdoor mall that had a simpler solution. The street was only for busses that just ran in a loop. The brilliance of this was no expensive tunnels and fewer drivers. The busses were free btw.
>>
>>91139580
There has never been an internationalist communist state. Its always been authoritarian dictatorships hellbent on killing millions, starving millions and suppressing any other minorities in their state
>>
>>91139606
any source on that that's not CIA propaganda?
>>
>>91139589
People have a need to be transported. I realize you don't leave your house so you don't realize that people need to move around but try looking out the window sometime and contemplate why people are moving around.

>>91139604
The buses weren't free, they were paid for by the stores of the mall. Which means the mall probably had relatively higher prices in general. Also the bus solution falls apart when you introduce niggers and the homeless.
>>
>>91139604
Nothing is free. Its all subsidized
>>
>>91139606
>Its always been authoritarian dictatorships hellbent on killing millions, starving millions and suppressing any other minorities in their state
Only if you count killing the poor nazis :(
>>
>>91131748
cringe public troonshit brain wash video
>>
>>91139662
Did you forget Lenin's Great Purge? Holodomor? Gulags? Red Terror?
>>
>>91139662
Anon, there will never be a communist utopia as long as humans are in power. Maybe we'll have one with a benevolent AI overlord or Jesus Christ.
>>
>>91134622
imagine having deserts in your country. are you a nigger or something?
>>
>>91137912
Thank you for proving my point, now go take your meds.
>>91139520
Hello, 1960s time traveler!
>>
>>91139778
Imagine comparing the country the size of Los Angeles to the entirety of the United States.
>>
>>91138056
I fucking wish china would stop upstaging everyone
>>
>>91139763
>there will never be communism because of human self interest
>therefore we should keep the same system that greatly rewards self interest and corruption
>>
>>91139805
The corruption is communism. The self-interest is communism. You lost because collectivism is a bad strategy and can only work by killing millions of dissents.
>>
>>91130436
>Gets assigned to car with screaming retards and nogs
>>
>>91139805
I'd rather have greed and corruption if it means I'm able to succeed for my own effort.
Corruption would happen in communism anyway. Explain why Mao lived it up while everyone else starved to death in the fields
>>
>>91139805
>therefore we should keep the same system that greatly rewards self interest and corruption
Yeah, so instead we'll make a system that requires authoritarianism to run that way we can ensure the dictators get to hoard all that corruption.
>wah people voluntarily give businesses money and that's how people get wealthy, that makes me SO mad because I don't get that money for doing nothing
The fact is if you posted a selfie we'd know why you're poor and pro-communist.
>>
>>91139632
Prices were the norm for the area. Probably because indoor malls have different over head like climate control so it was all a wash. Since it was private property homeless or people that loiter were typically removed like most regular malls.

The underground Tesla thing is so unbelievably retarded you might as well take a cab. Another stupid marketing stunt after everyone laughed at the Hyperloop. Not to mention it wouldn't scale for a larger city but I guess it's fine for certain special snowflake situations.
>>
Leftist commies advocating for 1984 style dictator government is hilarious. This is commies version of utopia
>>
>>91139856
>Prices were the norm for the area. Probably because indoor malls have different over head like climate control so it was all a wash. Since it was private property homeless or people that loiter were typically removed like most regular malls.
So what you're saying is it was in a upperclass white neighborhood. Thanks for the insight.
>>
>>91138919
this
>>
>>91139842
You remind me of a guy I once met at city hall that unironically thought more funding to fix potholes was a slippery slope to Stalinism. Good times, good times.
How ironic it is that democracy is supposed to be for everyone, yet it repels normal people while attracting schizos with axes to grind.
>>
>>91139856
>The underground Tesla thing is so unbelievably retarded you might as well take a cab.
Take a cab above ground in traffic? And wait 5-10 minutes at a time while paying 3-5x the cost to get to your destination?
>>
>>91139855
so instead you support the system that requires authoritarianism, slavery, cia coups and interventionism to stay in control
>>
>>91139911
Like I said it's a special snowflake situation and will not scale in most cities. It's unbelievablebly expensive to build tunnels under a city and if you want a comprehensive transit system you might as well just build trains or even put in more freeways. Building a expensive tunnel to move hardly anyone maintain a fleet of vehicles and their drivers just isn't going to be viable in most situations.
>>
>>91139520
But a public rail network is not a business alone, it's like an asset of a larger business. Viewing transit like an isolated profit-making business will always fail because it is an integral part of all society (including highways, which are also a form public transit). A business can afford to lose money in one area to gain more money in another area, and every business applies exactly that tactic because it works. If you want an easy to understand example, it's like when supermarkets sell one product really cheaply at a loss of profit, but gain a huge net profit because people will come for the one super cheap product but never buy just one item. If you really wanted to run a country like a business, you would build super-efficient public transport at a loss because the wider benefits to the whole economy are immeasurably larger than those initial losses. US highways operate at a loss for this exact reason, but I don't hear anyone complaining about their tax dollars being wasted on that.
>>
>>91139924
Why work hard to achieve a shitty system when maintaining the shitty system we have now is easy? Try again in a hundred years when post scarcity economics are on the table.
>>
File: vegas loop traffic.webm (1.18 MB, 960x540)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB WEBM
>>91124656
>>
>>91124969
>get stabbed to death by Palestinian
European railways are truly superior
>>
>>91139565
>>91139380
>>91135796
>>91135776

read this >>91140021
>>
>>91140021
I still think the best system is just a mix of public transit and cars. But like anything else both must be maintained well.

It's a moot point ICE vehicle bans will lead to less cars in the long run anyway. There will be no cheap cars left for poorer people due to insane battery replacement costs. The end result will be death of less affluent rural areas and city real estate prices being even more insane. There will need to be a massive expansion in public transit systems but notice how states like Cali that have ICE bans haven't even started yet. It's a brave new world
>>
>>91125226
litterally all of elon musk fans were I FUCKING LOVE BASEDENCE reddit tier midwits before the twitter takeover
>>
>>91140223
I was never a fan just saw him as another rich marketer who possibly had some dreams of colonizing mars. The only thing that became crystal clear after Twitter was confirmation he isn't really a genius. Just a man with a ton of money good at marketing his products like they will save the world. Can't fault him for that though the grift worked
>>
>>91140081
public transport = poors is a strictly american thing
>>
File: 1613940316837.gif (336 KB, 200x200)
336 KB
336 KB GIF
>>91125196
my nigga do you think tunnels never existed before?
>>
>>91136100
You could even have them on some sort of rail system so the cars don't veer off course
>>
>>91140368
it isn't, I'm a european and every time I've been on a train there's been either a bad parent, druggie or bum
>>
>>91140079
>nooo I had to briefly slow down once at the very end of the tunnel because someone was causing a scene at the exit!
>>
>>91136854
I'm not riding my bike down a two lane road, with no sidewalk, a drainage ditch on either side, and a 45 mph speed limit, just so some adhd zoomer retard watching tiktok on her phone can flatten me into a paste.
>>
>>91124673
>everything and everyone i don't like is leftist
angloid moment
>>
>>91140652
But look at the bright side if you get killed by some dumb broad in the minivan it's good for the environment.
>>
What happens when jamal decides to take or trash one of those cars? Seems a good spot to rob people as well.
>>
>>91140812
contrary to /pol/ pearl-clutching, nogs actually pretty rarely try to hijack personal vehicles, let alone public transport, in busy urban areas, in a city with the 7th largest PD in the US, in a fucking closed tunnel with no way to make a run from.
>>
>>91140011
It only costs ~$2-3m per mile of tunnel itself.
Building an above ground station costs an additional $3-5M and underground station like the one Vegas has will cost ~$20M per station.
The complete 3 station, 1.7 mile system in Vegas was built for $50M. That includes 2 underground stations.

For the tunnel itself its, extremely cheap.
>>
>>91140021
>Viewing transit like an isolated profit-making business will always fail
Vegas loop system is a profit generating system. It works and is successful. A million people have taken rides in that system since its creation few years ago. It may trigger your communist tendencies tho.
>>
>>91126416
is this guy rambling about electric cars being more efficient than trains
>>
>>91140999
Won't work in large scale under a typical American sprawl city. It's not a real solution to most transit problems in the USA.
>>
>>91141131
A real system is being built right now in Vegas thats 29 miles (in metric thats ~47 km) long with dozens+ stations.
>>
>>91130956
For two miles just build an conveyor belt lmao
If talking underground, I think a train would be better - easier to navigate, less road wear, etc. If above ground, sure, a bus would be a lot simpler and probably cheaper.
>>
>>91141172
34 miles and 55 stations.

Fixed. Stations can come online as soon as they're finished and join the network too.
>>
>>91141174
No one has a billion dollar per mile to throw around with trains. But people do have few millions to throw around for something that will do 50-70% of the hauling that trains do
>>
>>91124656
so... he made a less efficient subway? like why is it cars and not a bus or a train?
>>
>>91141229
People don't even understand that this shit can be implemented for bus systems too. My city has a dedicated bus lane that acts like a light rail. Imagine having self-driving cars doing the exact same thing except instead of being forced to use the bus stop, it can take you to your destination (if it's within a couple minutes from the route) and then return back to the main rail system. All without having to build expensive light rail infrastructure and whose capacity can scale as required.
>>
>>91141307
Funny you say that, an above ground (aka normal) bus system was an alternative competitor to the Boring Company. It cost 5x as much at $250+ million dollars vs $50 m for the tunnels for the same passenger hauling. Except it would have longer wait times, because bus needs to load up a lot of people at once to be efficient enough.
>>
>>91141345
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>91141306
>>91141358
Bus costs 5x as much. They take up more time to arrive, load passengers, take up traffic space above ground, is subject to environmental degradation, costs a lot in fuel, smells bad, have much longer wait times, etc

Trains costs upwards 100x as much. Its a nonstarter.
>>
>>91141456
Tesla plaid might be like half the price of a bus but depending on who you ask carries one or three-four people.
>costs a lot in fuel
How do you arrive at it when
a) Electric buses are a thing
b) A single electric bus carrying tens of people will have better mileage than 10 Teslas
>>
>>91139855
>Yeah, so instead we'll make a system that requires authoritarianism to run that way we can ensure the dictators get to hoard all that corruption.
Nice self own retard, you currently live under that in the west
>people voluntarily give businesses money and that's how people get wealthy
What's wrong about that? Are you so butthurt about it that you have to project your inferiority complex? I bet you love paying all your taxes bootlicker moron
>we'd know why you're poor and pro-communist.
Im actually very privileged, if anything its the poorfags who have stockholm syndrome and advocate for capitalism
>>
>>91125226
>>91137642
>>91140772
how much are you niggers paid? I want the job as well or are you bots? How the fuck can anyone believe this shit flies here we all know who worshiped Musk before he fell down from his throne. /g/ did and still does sucks his dick just like they enjoyed the vaccine bullshit.
>>
>>91141727
Yeah it's funny how socialists are actually rich people who think they're not the first in the mines under communists. Sorry guy, you're the first during hard labor, your years in the top 1% will be over. Assuming they don't just rape your mother in front of you and then put a bullet in your head.

But whatever, you're powerless.
>>
>>91141789
>Sorry guy, you're the first during hard labor
Again, what's wrong with that? The salary for manual labor is always high in a socialist mode of production as it's essential for mass producing anything and driving the economy
Again, nice self own retard
>>
>>91141613
>https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/oc-transpo-will-get-100-fewer-electric-buses-for-1b-price-tag/ar-AA16Isxa
350 bus for $1 billion cad = $2,8 CAD million per EV Bus. Or ~$2.1 million USD.

Tesla Model Ys are ~$50K and can carry 4 passengers each. $2.1 million / 50 K = 42 Tesla Model Ys x 4 passenger = 168 passengers hauling for same money.

EVs buses are efficient for sure, but Teslas in a tunnel with no air resistance + ~35-45 mph = ideals conditions for EV = 500+ miles range extracted from nominally rated 300 mile range EVs easily. Sorry but EV Teslas in tunnels are far superior.
>>
>>91140594
that is too much to expect from him
>>
>>91141870
>$653 million on the buses
So 1.4m usd per bus, but actually consulting the actual vehicle prices we have
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sebastianblanco/2018/08/31/84-million-electric-buses/
That cites 750k for E-bus and 500k for Diesel in US - so we're not jumping cross country.
>can carry 4 passengers each
But they will likely carry 1 due to how the loop is advertised. You won't board it with strangers. The actual comparison is that you get to carry 15 passengers for the price of a bus.
>but Teslas in a tunnel with no air resistance
The tunnel isn't sealed or lower pressurized.
> + ~35-45 mph
What will happen to the 35mph when it's not just a one mile joy ride?

So far physics say that a bus with low load of only 15 passengers average is more energy efficient than a Tesla. The whole loop debate is just breaking law of physics by muddying the actual costs with political costs and most likely price tag manipulation from Tesla's side to catch up.

Metro prices are a similar deal. It's 95% political bullshit where an Italian city can get whole line for 175m per mile, but if you cherry pick some New York project you might arrive at 1b - where 90% of it is purely political or related to land rights and not relevant to the technology at hand.
>>
>>91141850
Anon you haven't done any labor in your life.
>>
>>91142053
Hey retard, buses have to run the route even when there's zero passengers. You have to pay the bus driver if there's 50 passengers or if there's 0 passengers.
>>
>>91142053
Political bullshit is whats preventing Boring Tunnels from being built in cities. Lookup all the projects they've tried to push. The mayors/transit folks hate it. They're only there for billion dollar corruption deals.
>>
>>91142053
>Forbes
>2018
>Accorinding to Reuters
>2017
>A typical cost
Aka no actual number.
>>
>>91142200
Its a "no car" religion combined with corruption.
>>
>>91142122
Good thing I mentioned fuel prices and the vehicle fleet prices.
>You have to pay the bus driver if there's 50 passengers or if there's 0 passengers.
Yeah because for now you have to drive the Tesla yourself. At least it works when it's still two point mile ride, but you can't quite relax on a cross city ride in the passenger seat. It's pointless to draw the comparisons when the tunnel is still so incapable.
>>91142200
I mean I get why. There is no benefit in specifically sharing money with Musk vs with the old cronies and it's not gonna work any better than a proper metro even if you were 100% honest.
>>91142253
I could pull out official East Europe pricing for buses where it's like 462k usd for an electric bus.
>>
>>91142273
>american politicians are 'no-car'
lol
>>
>>91142341
Retard, the bus has to drive because it has to keep a schedule, so it's always costing labor and fuel because buses don't sit idle. A hypothetical electric car "bus system" can have the car sit idle. Since it's driverless, it has zero overhead when idle especially when you could use a solar panel roof for passive power generation.
>>
>>91142386
I would consider the retards running my local city as very anti-car given how much they fuck over cars by putting in bus lanes and bike lanes no one uses.
>>
>>91142341
>Eastern European price
Where the monthly income is in few hundred Euros? LMAO
>>
>>91142393
Explain how you can't have driverless buses with solar panels on them again?
>hypothetical
Yeah you're comparing hypothetical against a real system. Another loop problem is that a bus can just pull up to a marked sign, load people, drive off, but the loop would need parking space for 20+ Teslas so people can actually use it.
>>91142475
Teslas cost the same there as in USA, often actually higher due to the taxes. So what's the problem again? You can order the same buses to the USA. You do know that some prices aren't related to PPP?
>>
>>91124704
>what if a car breaks or crashes
Telas are strong car
Just push the broken car into the next station's parking spaces like a snow plow
>>
>>91142515
>Teslas cost the same there as in USA
Because Teslas are sold with same components globally. Not so for other locally made bus/cars that are not sold anywhere else.
>>
>>91142669
There is nothing preventing you from importing cheap European vehicles to US besides whatever taxes it might incur. Anyway you might at this point consider another point against the loop - being USA only because everywhere else would outprice it.
>>
>>91142669
>>91142515
https://www.plasticstoday.com/automotive-and-mobility/emerging-market-cars-continue-lack-safety-features-standard

Different market with different standards. Thus skimping of product line will happen to save cost
>>
>>91136741
>The closest grocery store is 2 miles away.
the state of americans.
as an american, it's pretty fucking sad that I share a nation with you fatlords and i too have a local grocery store I walk to. also yes I live in a suburb.
>>
>>91142515
>Explain how you can't have driverless buses with solar panels on them again?
1) people don't like buses
2) buses take time to load and unload
3) the bus has to stop at every stop even if no one is getting off
4) buses are only viable on busy routes that have a minimum load
5) imagine having a bus full of a certain demographic without a bus attendant, lmao
6) you lose all the ADVANTAGES of having a driverless vehicle, ie you don't have to strictly follow bus stops, you load up a group of passengers with the same destination and take them directly to it

Stop being obsessed with buses. There's a reason why people prefer Lyft over taking the bus.
>>
>>91142693
If its not available at request to people who are buying the system, then its not available. Its like arguing some magical stuff you have in lab is better than something thats out in consumer market. Pure nonsense. If no one has access to it, it doesnt exist on the market.
>>
>>91142731
That just means you're poor and you waste time walking, that's not something to be proud of.
>>
>>91142762
>waste time walking
walking isn't a waste of time, fatty.
>b-but muh roided gainz bro
eat more then fat fuck.
>>
>>91142732
Also there's a reason why people ride bikes/motorcycle/cars/trains/airplanes/etc over bus too. Bus aren't everything in this world. Especially not compared to every other forms of transportation. Bus in this scenario would Las Vegas system already competed against Tunnel cars system and lost by a huge margin while providing less capabilities.

Some fags are unable to compute this and brainless parrot nonsense
>>
>>91142805
If you're walking out of necessity instead of leisure, you're poor. You can be fit without having to spend 2 hours walking to and from the grocery store. You only need to exercise 60 minutes per day to be healthy.
>>
>>91142762
>That just means you're poor and you waste time walking
>>91142732
> There's a reason why people prefer Lyft over taking the bus.
what did the obese child molesters mean by this?
>>
>>91142840
You'll never not prove you're poor
>>
>>91142732
>There's a reason why people prefer Lyft over taking the bus.
most the time it's because they're literally mentally retarded.
You're like the nigger that doesn't know a greyhound is like 20 bucks vs taking some amtrak or airfair to some major city, you literally don't know better and are clueless.
>>
>>91130956
>A train shouldn’t be used for a distance of two miles.
Neither should hyperloop
>>
>>91142833
> 2 hours walking to grocery store
can't even come up with compulsive lies that aren't hilarious. stick to your day job of molesting children, thanks.
>>91142863
post screenshot of your bank account. we all know you have nothing. when is the livestream of your suicide planned for, kiddy fiddler on the roof?
>>
>>91142873
Imagine being so poor you prefer to go on a Greyhound instead of taking your own car. Imagine being so poor that you would rather ride a Greyhound for 20 hours instead of going on a 2 hour flight.
>>
>>91142732
So do Teslas in the exact same way. It takes about 15 seconds for a crowded bus to unload and load. The whole talk is silly because at this point you're once again talking about a hypothetical concept which sucks even in theory. You talk about load but there is no way for example to handle 50 people choosing to arrive at one stop with 20 parking places outside of erecting a whole parking lot that will always be undercapacity and taxed to hell.

Also minorities can just vandalize a tesla or literally just crash one in the middle of a tunnel blocking all the wagies from getting anywhere.
>>91142758
They are literally available to buy. Now tell me about ordering the hyper loop to Romania.
>>
>>91142902
>hurr just take a greyhound and sit under the lincoln bridge and get nickle and dimed over every ez-pass gantry and special bridge and then pay to park in the range of 50 to 200 dollars a day
literally retarded. I'm pretty much convinced you never even tried it. enjoy wasting money like a retard though. I'll take the bus down and laugh at my friends who took an AMTRAK for 5-6 times and then howl at the retards who took their car and can't park it anywhere.
>>
>>91124656
Probably a publicity stunt. Can't imagine this is both affordable for the customers and Tesla/Boring.
I honestly don't know why Americans hate getting a little healthier that much, they would rather be underground with strangers (a place where they almost can get no help) instead of walking for 20 minutes.
If your time is too important to walk, you got a car.
>>
>>91142929
So you're saying someone getting in a car takes same time as 15 people getting onto a bus? LMAO

Also no one cares about Romanian bus or Romanian hyperloop. This is about American system in Vegas for American people.

Romania still has commies today?
>>
>>91142929
> It takes about 15 seconds for a crowded bus to unload and load.
Holy shit lie more.

>You talk about load but there is no way for example to handle 50 people choosing to arrive at one stop with 20 parking places outside of erecting a whole parking lot that will always be undercapacity and taxed to hell.
You know how America has lots of land, plenty of room for parking lots. Also rushes of people can be planned for, you know, because events and rush hours are known. You could even have cameras watch for people coming and automatically dispatch cars from a nearby parking lot.

>Also minorities can just vandalize a tesla or literally just crash one in the middle of a tunnel blocking all the wagies from getting anywhere.
Can't crash a car without a steering wheel. Cameras can detect vandalism and immediately notify the authorities. Oh, and you're doxxed already getting in the car since it has to charge you when you get in.

The problem, of course, is you're too stupid to think abstractly, you don't think about it from the perspective of having self-driving cars and instead think it should run exactly like buses do now: which is shitty.
>>
>>91142985
>>So you're saying someone getting in a car takes same time as 15 people getting onto a bus? LMAO
Have you never seen an actual bus stop by, have people walk out, then walk in through several doors, and then just drive off? Best part - either getting ready to drive (what's actually happening) or inputting your destination into a driverless car would take about as much.
>Romania still has commies today?
No, but it has better internet connectivity than USA.
>>
>>91142954
I've gone through life pretty nicely with my car and taking airplanes. You'd have to be exceptionally poor to not be able to do either.
>>
>>91143052
Yes because you're talking about a bus that has 5 people getting on and off because it's actually hemorrhaging money being in operation.
>>
>>91143047
>Holy shit lie more.
Never use train/tram/bus confirmed.
>You know how America has lots of land, plenty of room for parking lots.
> Also rushes of people can be planned for, you know, because events and rush hours are known.
> You could even have cameras watch for people coming and automatically dispatch cars from a nearby parking lot.
So you propose you either
a) Just pay out of the ass for space in the most expensive parts of the city to keep Teslas in there because America is big
b) Just predict everything several years in
c) Pay for parking space in some random parking lots and try to use AI to predict when they will be needed while annoying people having to wait in a waitless tm system
In short - all retardedly overengineered ideas
> is you're too stupid to think abstractly
You're day dreaming about stupid shit instead. Your abstract ideas are complete farce down to imagining a bus take 5 minutes to load passengers probably. You didn't even notice that the system needed a whole parking lot per Tesla stop to work.
>>
>>91143299
It's okay poorfag, no one is taking away your bus



[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.