[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51svvqLPS4L.jpg (52 KB, 1000x1000)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
How far can I go to rip off the asshole eBay seller who sold me a used thinkpad with a long list of problems on a supposedly "excellent condition used"? Can I go as far threaten as to threaten to leave a shit review and make a complaint case unless he lets me keep it for 80% off? Or is there a more subtle way of doing that?
>>
tell him your bf will beat him up if he doesn't comply
>>
>>91124577
What problems does it have?
>>
Did the listing say "as-is" or "no returns"? This is pretty much code for "broken" but there's not much you can do since the seller has plausible deniability: "It worked when I put it in the mail. No refunds. ;)"
>>
>>91124688
Accepts returns, but I'd rather get something out of this. Listing says something like excellent condition or cosmetic damage only at multiple points
>>
>>91124729
Seconding >>91124646, what's wrong with it? The first step is to message him via eBay (so it's logged) with your problems and try to come to an agreement before escalating to filing a claim.
>>
>>91124646
No internal battery, touchpad registering clicks, charging cord frayed and broken, POS dim 1080p display unlike my other t480 1080p, white spots when screen is light colored and a bunch of what I assume are like hundreds of dead pixels with dark backgrounds
>>
>>91124785
I want to message him but get the best outcome possible through intimidation and insincere anger like getting a big partial refund.
>>
shouldve bought a zbook
>>
Just say it's broken and return it.

>>91124688
Except it's eBay and they always side with the buyer, regardless of what bullshit the seller puts on the advert.
>>
File: bert-that-word.jpg (36 KB, 600x655)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>91124785
do this. there's no real reason to act so aggressive to someone where having a rational talk with the seller usually resolves most of the issues with it. usually you can send it back and get your money back, or sometimes they give you a discount for keeping it, possibly 30% if what you said is wrong with it >>91124859
is correct.
>>91124729
so you want something free out of it? i can only assume what kind of person you are from this...
>>
>>91124893
they'd probably play it off as if they sent you the wrong one out of their inventory. from the problems it has it seems it'd be easier to just send it back and get a different one and just leave shit feedback.
>>
File: NoSignal.png (126 KB, 344x342)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>91124893
Just return it as Item not as described.
>>
>>91124967
Free software, why not free hardware too?
>>
>>91124577
you got scammed for wanting to buy a thinkpad in the first place
>>
>>91127250
/thread
>>
>>91124577
Stop payment on it. Its that simple.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.