[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1592844639983.gif (465 KB, 500x570)
465 KB
465 KB GIF
Is anyone having trouble posting replies on 4chan? Or at least 4channel?
>>
>>91122296
You are being filtered by the Jannies.
>>
>>91122296
are you talking about when your posts don't actually show up? that's an antispam measure by 4chin when there's suspicious activity on the board. just give it 5 min
>>
>>91122296
how did you make that picture move.
>>
>>91122333
Good trips and that's what I was wondering. I've been trying to post stuff on /co/, but nothing's showing up. Is this normal?
>>
>Wait five minutes
>Try to post something on /co/ again.
>Decide to make a thread.
>Post was successful
>Get redirected to a fucking basedjak thread that's not mine.
What the fuck is happening in /co/? [spoiler]I actually had a similar experience in /mu/ a while ago when I tried to post about lost remixes. All the other boards worked fine except that one for some reason.
>>
>>91122296
>>91122519
Are you using that mass reply extension? It might be it.
>>
>>91122790
Mass reply?
>>
>>91122804
Are you using that soogu extenstion?
>>
>>91122849
No, I don't really use any extensions for these sites aside from adblockers. After testing it out, I found that I can't post on /co/ through Firefox, at least on PC. I can post there through Firefox on mobile and Chrome on PC, but not Firefox on PC. Is it just a weird glitch with this browser in particular?
>>
>>91122966
To clarify, it seems I can post just fine on any other board on the PC Firefox. So, I'm wondering what's going on here.
>>
If anyone here could give a good idea on what's happening and why it's only affecting me on one board on one browser on one device, I'd be grateful.
>>
>>91123508
4chan introduced shadowbans last month, on boards with particularly bothersome repeat spammers, like /co/, /a/, and /r9k/
>>
>>91123536
Wait, is that actually a thing or are you just speculating? If it's the former, how long do these shadowbans last? Are they indefinite or is there like a time limit? Either way, if this is a shadowban, why is it only affecting me on one browser and on one machine in particular?
>>
>>91122519
try replying in some random thread on /co/ before making the thread, that usually fixes it for me
>>
I found the problem after repeated testing, and then I found repeatable solutions. The basic layout of the issue is
>you can not reply with an image
>you can not create a new thread ( again image posting)
>you can reply with text
>making a new thread shows you a random thread
>>
>>91123665
So, what are the solutions? I tried waiting for a bit before posting again, I tried clearing cookies for both 4chan and 4channel, and I cleared the cache for Firefox. What else can I do? It's so weird because to my knowledge, it's only really affecting /co/ for me. No other board had this happen to me. I'm wondering if what >>91123536 said is true. If it is, do I have to switch to another browser to post on /co/ or is there a time limit I can wait out?
>>
>>91123665
I've expireienced this too but I think it was only an issue when phone posting
>>
>>91123829
Is it still ongoing for you or did it go away after a while?
>>
File: 1673900168931397.png (314 KB, 405x554)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>91123756
It isn't a shadowban,filter, or anti spam measure, but many people seem to think it is. If you are able to post, clearing your cookies is the worst thing to do. The problem is cloudlflare and the chan/channel cookies. Cloudflare is getting in the way of the posting subdomain on certain boards. The solution if you can't post
>clear cookies
>go to both the chan and channel homepage
>get past the cloudflare checks including the captchas
>try posting an image on your problem board
congrats
>if it doesn't work try posting a picture on a chan board
>come back to your problem board and test a picture
congrats
>if it still doesn't work then clear cookies
>get past both cloudlflares
>post image on chan board
>come back to your problem board and test a picture
congrats
If it still doesn't work go to all the 4chan subdomains to try and get those sweet sweet cookies, once you are able to post just keep those cookies/cache because cloudlfare is a real bastard. If your problem was solved keep complaining because this cloud flare shit is annoying as fuck.
>>
File: 1405648294120.png (511 KB, 969x900)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>91124296
So, you're saying that something's up with Cloudflare and that's resulting in some cookies getting fucked up. I tried what you suggested and while I could post on chan and channel boards just fine, I'm still struggling to post on /co/ for some reason. At this point, should I just wait it out?
>>
>>91124613
waiting will probably do nothing, try a different chan board like /b/ or /trash/. Also it has to be an image, that is the important part.
>>
>>91124648
That's the thing. I did try it. I cleared the cookies, I tried posting an image on /co/, but that didn't work. I posted an image on /trash/ and it worked just fine, but when I tried posting an image on /co/ again, it still didn't go through. Just how many subdomains do I have to go through here? The only thing I could think of is that it might be a Noscript thing, which is what I have on Firefox, but not on Chrome.
>>
first off if you're having issues replying how are you replying?
Second check your web console and copy paste it here.
>>
>>91124787
if it works on chrome just use chrome, otherwise continue to troubleshoot on firefox. make sure you are not blocking the cloudflare pages for step one. Just to be perfectly clear, can you post a text only reply on /co/?
>>
>>91124818
I can't paste it because it gives me a connection error and I don't know how to get around it. Since I don't use /g/ a lot, that's probably a me problem. That said, I'm noticing that something called Danbo is failing to load in the console.
Is Danbo the problem? Do I have to enable that on Noscript?
>>
>>91125046
I should also note that this code comes up when I try to post something.
>"Cookie “4chan_name” has been rejected because it is already expired."
This only ever comes up on /co/ when I try to post through Firefox on desktop, nowhere else. Not even on mobile. It does seem like Cloudflare is breaking some cookies.
>>
>>91124881
And to clarify, I can't post either text or an image on /co/. And I'm pretty sure I didn't block the Cloudflare pages either since those showed up and loaded just fine. It seems like I'm getting some weird stuff since the console says the cookies I have doesn't have SameSite attributes, whatever those are. I don't know what's going on with Cloudflare or /co/ in particular on either end, but this really is annoying.
>>
>>91125046
not sure what danbo is... did you try clearing your cookies and refreshing the page?
If that doesn't work you can block the cookies on 4chan. You won't be able to see (you)s though.
>>
>>91125220
time to be a real /g/entooman and troubleshoot it yourself, I believe in you
>>
File: 1660509647368562.jpg (1.22 MB, 2580x2922)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>91125324
I mean, I have Danbo already blocked on all boards, so maybe that's not it. This is honestly the weirdest thing I've ran into. I know if this is like a glitch with the version of Firefox I'm running on my desktop or just /co/ and Cloudflare doing something stupid. Either way, I've heard some people say it just does this sometimes and it goes away after a while. Maybe I should wait it out, but I'm not sure how long it would take.
>>
>>91122296
Yes every day I find it harder and harder to reply to the inane comments and stupid people that never learn anything and insist on being wrong about everything.

It's all so tiresome
>>
>>91122296
no

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.