[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1674487482528582.jpg (729 KB, 1920x2160)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
smear grease everywhere turn up the saturation filters!!!
nobody even play shitty rtx games
in fact nobody even talks about rtx beside shills when new novideo cards are launched
5+ years into this gimick and nothing has changed
>>
meds
>>
That really looks terrible, Nvidiots on suicide watch
>>
>>91112459
Carpets are not supposed to be high gloss surfaces.
>>
>>91112397
Not only carpets glows for some fucking reason, but where are the fucking shadows? Are you implying that this scene is physically accurate and shadows are suppressed by another lights? Lol
>>
baked lightmaps is peak of lightning
only games where situable ray tracing is teardown/minecraft/garrys mod because all objects are dynamic
>>
>>91112534
How do you know it's not mosiac tile?
>>
>>91112397
first one
>light is adapted to the theme, you are in a rough 80s residential complex that does not get much maintainance
second
>looks like a squeaky clean simulation where everything is seemingly made out of granite or something. looks uncanny and unatural, its unreasonably bright. Does not fit the game at all
>>
>>91112397
RTX is and has always been a meme and a massive gimmick for people trying to cope with the fact that graphics are simply not improving all that much. For like 10 years now we haven't seen any impressive improvements in graphics. All the "improvements" have had disappointingly diminishing returns. Just look at the "next gen" consoles, there's barely any difference between the PS4 and PS5, if you ignore performance.
>>
>>91112397
more proof old game devs were shit
>>
>>91112397
this is a bait image from a youtube video on some experimental RTX mod, not an official mod. it doesn't modify the base game, so it doesn't know what types of surfaces there are, hence everything is just shiny

also if you live under a rock, reminder that Remedy are already officially remastering the first two max payne games, what need is there for nvidia to make an rtx mod right now?
>>
>>91114399
>>its not official njudea goyslop aaah!
>>
>>91112397
Obviously it will look like shit if you just throw it at some old game without configuring it at all. They didn't have any proper shaders or physically based materials, so RTX remix will just make everything glossy by default.
Raytracing looks great in current games and when it's done correctly, but it's still not worth the performance cost.
But hte fact that we can even do basic raytracing on consumer hardware in realtime is already impressive enough.
But /g/ is too retarded to understand that. This place is just /v/ 2.0.
>>
>>91114539
>OH MY GOD yes sis i am so excited for hecking 12 fps in 4k in single game that has rtx on my 5000$ 1200watt PC
well i am not happy like you
id rather have baked lighting that looks literally the same if done well, so throw your argument on nvidia/reddit
>>
>>91114399
>>91114539
don't argue with them, they know that ray tracing quality / performance depends on how the graphics programmers use the raytracing extensions in their preferred rendering API, but they choose to pretend that somehow NVIDIA or the marketing term RTX is somehow responsible

this place is 90% trolls
>>
I like rtx and my 3080 does just fine for my 1440p setup. Why so sour anon? I paid $450 usd for my card used btw.
>>
>>91114591
yes everyone is stupid but us nvidia sister rtx is the future only 6 more years and there will be 12 rtx games i can play on upscaled 720p at 45fps for only 2000$
>>91114604
that is because it literally is not rtx, it is with 1/1000th of a density that it takes to make even proper lighting, just selling name, if you understood technology you would shut the fuck up, sad thing is, they will keep smearing grease over objects and you WILL say how good it looks
>>
>>91112947
Anon, it's clearly a carpet inside a shitty sandnig construction in the original image...
>>
>>91112397
it looks better, a lot better
>>
>>91114645
wrong
>>
File: mushroom.jpg (30 KB, 600x600)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>91114629
Please explain how ray tracing is intrinsically slow without resulting to ad hominem attacks, memes, or buzzwords. You should be able to provide a detailed explanation if you're so knowledgeable.
>>
>>91112397
It wasn't released yet fucking retard.
You will be able to change the shaders.
>>
>>91113588
old devs wrote a good part of their games in assembly and invented new concepts in computation to be able to run vast large worlds on 128 kbs of video ram.
neo "devs" have trillions of game dev frameworks, libraries, assets and other resources and they somehow manage to make a sprite graphics game run like shit on 4 years old graphics card that takes 5 years to get out of early access
>>
>>91114573
I litearlly said that it's not worth the performance hit, at least learn to read before you scream random nonsense about arguments, because you don't have one.
And you need to shut up about baked lighting. Baked lighting can only be used in very specific games. 99% of other games will be just fine with lighting models used by basicly any games of the past 15+ years.
Do you idiots not realize that there is more than raytracing and baked lighting? How do you people think open world games like RDR2 or Horizon handle lighting?
Not to mention that there is also Lumen which is basicly on par with offline renders/raytracing while getting the same performance as non rayracing games.
>>
>>91112397
I love when /g/ talks about shit they have no idea about but refuse to do even 5 seconds of research.
Just take opinions and assumptions as facts.
>>
>>91114699
not the guy you're replying to but raytracing fundamentally is a calculus of simulated photon paths which is computationally costly (necessarily). you don't have to know much about rasterization v. ray tracing to understand one is more efficient and one looks better (at the expense of frame rendering speed).
>>
>>91114693
Then why is it so patchy with dust??
Mosaic tiles aren't just painted over.
>>
>>91114789
He is a no dev, he heard about a specific lighting algorithm and latched onto it

SDF GI, light propagation volumes, Voxel Cone Tracing, Radiosity… all with pros and cons

we should restart the graphics general it was nice to have a thread where you could learn from people who knew what they were talking about
>>
>>91114839
I know why it's slow. I was looking for specific things like "they're using too many bounces" or "they're applying the raytracing shader to every fragment on screen instead of being judicious about what gets traced", he's a troll he doesn't have an answer other than rtx bad
>>
>>91112397
This is just lazy implementation, if you treat all your surfaces as fully super reflective, then yeah this is the result you get.

RTX doesn't magically tell you how reflective a surface is, your developers still need to tweak that shit properly so it looks realistic. Which obviously wasn't done at all here.
>>
>>91114864
since when are carpets patchy with dust? tf r u on about
>>
File: hd texture pack.jpg (58 KB, 512x256)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>rtx remix
>>
>>91114999
trips of truth, a mirror or marble surface is going to reflect a LOT more than drywall or carpet or whatever else. Just because your game engine knows a surface is flat and has lighting on it, doesn't mean your game engine knows how reflective that surface would be.

newer game engines can of course hard code this so level designers don't have to really care since the assets already have assigned reflective values assigned to them. But any older games or games that simply don't classify objects with surface reflectivity in mind are going to require a LOT of work to make RTX look good.
>>
shills flock thread to defend snakeoil
there is no literal need for rtx
u can have literally same result with no performance impact if developers used cards, what they are made for, for deeplearning, than implement shadows in game, it takes some time sure, but everyone is more satisfied
instead i have morons that will gulp anything with rtx title as groundbreaking
go smear grease over gta sa mod from 2012 fucking faggot
>>
>>91114743
well the old devs built the world today because the old one was a horrible one to work in
>>
>>91112397
so, by your words you're a shill?
>>
>>91115145
>you can use deep learning to achieve the same effect as raytracing in games
please explain
>>
>>91114999
>>91115127
its not carpet
>>
>>91115267
Sure, but even if it is tile, it would be rough and uneven and still wouldn't reflect like marble covered in oil.
>>
>>91115267
>AACTUALLY ITS NOT A CARPET U SEE EVERYTHING IN GAME IS ACTUALLY SMEARED IN GREASE
LOL
>>
File: R.jpg (75 KB, 1067x800)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>
>>91112397
They have roughness / specular maps turned up to 1. That carpet should be like 0.1. The walls are what appear to be wallpaper and should be 0.3 with spots going to like 0.2 and lower especially where the damaged (and dirty) drywall is exposed. Also where's the shadows? Those lights are outputting way too many lumens.
>>
>>91112947
That mosaic floor isn't 1.0 glossiness. Do you see a mirror reflection? No. It's at best 0.3 glossiness.
>>
>>91114999
it isn't implemented in any way. They took the ray tracing code from PortalRTX and put it in Max Pain.
>it's lazy
It's a test demo to see if it worked and it did.
>>
>>91112397
>OMG RTX IS SO AMAZING GROUNDBREAKER
Say that while trying to render anything in blender.
>Muh video gaymen
You are putting a technology on a ancient game get help. They do not even have enough polygons there.
>>
>I get really upset when a new completely optional lighting tech gets modded in to old games I don't play, and needs a graphics card which I can't afford to run.
>>
Adding raytracing to old games without taking into consideration material types or the scene itself is incredibly dumb. It's clear from the old version of the game that the game designers wanted the scene to look and feel a certain way. Not only is the RTX implementation treating carpets as if they're marble, but it completely nukes the atmosphere of the original game. Instead of looking like a shady badly lit corridor of cheap ass motel, it's turned into loking like a badly maintained opera house or old 5 star hotel that can somehow afford to light up their areas as strong as possible.
>>
>>91117345
That's because people are copy and pasting the DLL into old games and aren't actually using the RTX Remix tool to redo the textures (because it's not released yet).

Honestly pretty retarded of Nvidia for not locking down the DLL to the exe
>>
>>91116453
nooooo you are supposed to love it or just not talk about it if u dont
fuck off hahaha
rtx is disaster
>>
>>91118363
I bet you can't run it. Post NWINFO
>>
>>91118380
HWINFO
>>
>>91112397
i mean it looks good and realistic...but it losses the original artistic vision.
you cant just fucking turn up brightness 90% and call it better.
>>
>>91112534
oh my fucking god i just realized its not tiles...but its carpet.

oh my fucking god nvidia drones.....
imagine paying 800$ for a video card...and RTX makes your carpet shiny
>>
I fucking hate all those "RTX GTA SA" where everthing looks like wet, even the fucking sand.
>>
>>91118502
>imagine paying 800$
imagine being so poor that 800 is a huge sum
LOLAMO
>>
>>91118380
last time i played video game was in 2016
>>91118535
>lol netflix is only 5$ why do not u buy netflix
because i am not a nigger
>>
>>91118601
>RTX is a disaster
>last time i played video game was in 2016
>because i am not a nigger
Yes you are
>>
>>91112397
Man, that shit looks so fucking hideous and shiny
>>
>>91118621
sure keep playing sjw trash with same graphics, worse programming and more shiny saturation effects, faggot
what is the next cope
you have to play the rtx xyz title and beta test it experience all bugs and distortions yourself to be able to see?
fucking nvidiot shills are insufferable
>>
>>91118748
You just jumped into a thread to shit over something you've never tried and used a load of buzzwords all while calling others "insufferable"
>>because i am not a nigger
Yes you are.
>>
>>91118880
why do i have to
>try it?
it is GRAPHICS
you
WATCH IT
OBSERVE IT
literally is no different if you play it in game or youtube, beside fact that it will likely play better on clip you played over youtube
nigger retard
>>
>>91118363
Raytracing is the graphics end game and it's going to happen.
>>
>>91118977
>Raytracing is the graphics end game and it's going to happen.
only 6 more years?
lightning wont make physics any more realistic, sorry to break it for you nigger
>>
>>91118948
You can add "act like a fucking mong" to the list
Yes you are.
>>
File: fuck grapes.png (663 KB, 836x983)
663 KB
663 KB PNG
>>91118993
Yes in six years ray tracing will be the standard for standard 3D games. I'm going to love the complete and utter seethe you'll have as RTX Remix games come out when the toolset is officially released, especially the labor of love fan projects. You'll be just like the fox and grapes.
>>
>>91119017
oh what is it? no argument now? just going to repeat same shit? ok fag ahhahaha
>>91119053
why would i be mad about it if its a standard? according to your 12yo png it seems like grapes are out of reach for fox?
do you imply that i wont be able to play games at all?
i seriously do not understand shills
you cannot even talk about technology behind the software and its flaws, you do not even care to learn about it, you just spout some nonsense just like western media, 2 MORE WEEKS CHINA COLLAPSE DING DONG BING BONG, holy fuck sad
>>
>>91119174
Yes I have a feeling the reason why you hate ray tracing right now is because you are poor and can't afford a card that can do ray tracing and you cope with this by trolling ray tracing threads even though it's a completely optional feature that you don't ever have to enable.
>>
>>91119235
or maybe i think that technology behind it is meant for something else entirely and that whole rtx is scheme to sell product that was offspring of nvidias real cards they sell to their real customers, that graphics actually did not progress at all in years and that full ray tracing will never be possible, as it is not, without lowering its density to 1/100 of what is needed to be actually full and using multiple upscalers and interpolation to make things run at cinema 24fps
maybe i just do not like the way where industry is going you know, as if it is not enough having politics injected into every single game now you make tools for lazy developers and glorify them for enabling X software while being all too lazy to actually implement anything that would make things actually look more realistic and better overall, perhaps you are just ignorant and will gulp down anything that is pushed by ecelebs, do not know really cause i am not black like you
>>
>>91119174
>oh what is it? no argument now?
Do you even have an argument?
>I watched some youtube video and therefore it's shit.
Yet here you are being one. How does that work again?
>>
>>91115856
A brightly lit showroom with a waxed and polished floor.
But that's not a dimly lit hallway in a seedy hotel.
>>
>>91119399
wait wait
you are saying
you have to play rtx game yourself to see the magic of rtx?
what if u are sitting next to someone playing it? it looks different?
>>
>>91119333
So you're mentally incapable of understanding the point of ray tracing. Okay.
>>
>>91119497
>i have no arguments so i will call you mentally ill,take meds,you are stupid etc.
ok jew
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>91119333
>as if it is not enough having politics injected into every single game
Yet you're the only person in the whole thread who has mentioned anything political.
> you make tools for lazy developers and glorify them for enabling X software while being all too lazy to actually implement anything that would make things actually look more realistic and better overall,
Ray Tracing is an optional add on lighting setting. They haven't stopped doing normal lighting. If anything they're doing more work by implementing both lighting types.
Mr "I haven't played a game in 6 years".
>perhaps you are just ignorant and will gulp down anything that is pushed by ecelebs, do not know really cause i am not black like you
YES YOU MOST CERTAINLY ARE
>>
>>91112397
what game?
>>
>>91119527
>worshiping developers of modern games
yeah 100% jew
tongue nigger anus trannie
>>
>>91119577
>hurr hurr jew
>hurr hurr SWJ
>hurr hurr fag
>hurr hurr nigger
>hurr hurr trannie
any more cool words you want to throw in to cement your well thought out and totally cohesive argument?
fucking lol
>>
>>91119649
HAHAHHA TRANNIE
AHHAHAHAHAHAH JEWISH TRANNIE
LMFAO
GO PAY 100$ FOR A GAME WITH NO GAMEPLAY BUT TRANNIES IN IT + RTX AND THEY ARE BLACK
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>91119665
The usual >because i am not a nigger
tantrum meltdown. Should be entertaining to watch
carry on >because i am not a nigger
>>
>>91119711
hey bro i am not the one that openly admitted being jew trannie
>>
>>91119748
post a pic of your hand
and also your HWiNFO
>>
>>91119760
>denies nothing
hahahah sorry i wont talk to jew trannie no more
>>
>>91119760
Sorry. Do you have cameras in your botswana village? Ask one of your tribe elders to borrow theirs for a moment.
>>
>>91112397
But the ambiance is gone.
From a poorly lit abandoned building to the Louvre.
>>
>>91112397
I heard they're going to do an RTX remake of Manhunt from PS2.
They have to change the name from "Manhunt" to "There He Is".
>>
>>91119516
You're incapable of seeing the advantages of real time ray tracing so your input in the discussion is pointless. Go back to your Sega Genesis.
>>
>>91112397
Carpet: shiny
Wallpaper: shiny
Sheetrock ceiling: s h i n y
Gloss painted fire extinguisher: not shiny
What the fuck?
>>
>>91120819
>I'm noooooticing
redpilled
>>
>>91112397
Why the fuck is the carpet so shiny?
>>
>>91112397
You have to input the properties of the materials correctly into the engine, or it will think everything is marble
>>
>>91112397
bottom looks like a screenshot from a film, wow
>>
File: i_can_do_that.png (8 KB, 240x188)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>91112397
Hold my dick.
>>
>>91112397
>no normal maps
>no secular maps
>no materials

what did you expect
>>
do you understand what RTX is?
>>
>>91114699
uuuuuummm... shroomjak?
>>
>>91112397
>gut rtx remix files from portal
>make no changes whatsoever to them and shove it in random games for the luls
>cut the big red static warning message at the bottom saying "this version of rtx was designed to be used with portal and will look like shit everywhere else
Very jewish poorfaggot cope
>>
>>91122811
thread is not even about the picture
>>
>>91112397
I miss when gaymen pushed tech forward, now it's just worthless gimmicks to sell GPUs for 2000+ dollars. Graphics hit a wall hard.
>>
>>91124573
no u are poor if u do not worship rtx u just do not understand it
>>
>>91112779
>what is shadowmapping
>>
>>91112397
Lets not forget muh everything is wet now mods, puddles everywhere, what impressive new gen gfx experience
>>
>>91124573
The last hurdle IS ray tracing.
>>
>>91112397
That looks fucking awful
>>
>>91112947
>how do you know this game set in new york city doesn't have floors of mosaic tile
>posts picture of thousands-of-years-old shit halfway across the world
you know how I know there's no tile? they're not in the subway.
>>
>>91128899
max's apartment and the police station have tile floors

but the hotel is definitely carpet, tiles don't fade to grey with wear
>>
>>91112397
wow that's some really shiny carpet and torn up wallpaper
why make this shitty hotel look like it's made of polished marble?
not to mention everything is so bright that there's no shadows or ambient occlusion to be found, even the original had more realistic darkened corners
i can't imagine anyone finding the bottom to be an improvement
>>
>>91127743
ray tracing is the final solution, but right now it's new and new things need to be overused
i think things will cool off once enough people can use raytracing that games can start being made with only raytraced lighting in mind
>>
>>91128978
(and don't interpret this to mean ray tracing as a concept is new, you know what i mean)
>>
i heckin love ray tracing
>>
>>91112397
now apply ENB to it
>>
>>91128978
It's also less work in principle, with rasterization level designers have to place fake non shadow casting lights to simulate bounce lightning.
With rt you can get away with simply placing a light source where a lamp's light source is and be done with it.
In practice however this is not performant enough with current gen gpus. So you still use a spotlight component instead of simply using a emissivematerial for the part of the lamp mesh that constitutes the led chip or lightbulb filament.
Florescent tubes however can be approximated very well since they are large and emissive.
>>
>>91128949
You don't see the improvement because you can't afford it.
>>
>>91132299
>watching RTX on youtube is not the same as watching it in game
are shills SERIOUSLY this retarded?
>>
>>91132620
RTX is about immersion while actually playing the games.
>>
>>91132620
>you must be a shill if you enjoy something which I can't run.
>>
RTX works for games MADE for it.
Look at Cyberpunk 2077. The RTX is amazing there
>>
>>91112397
it will be nice once every integrated $10 card has it. just like having a lens flare can be nice, if used sparingly
>>
>>91112397
Soul vs. Soulless
>>
>>91132620
Games natively look like they look on Youtube because as we all know Youtube does not compress the video.
>>
>>91133510
ive uploaded 1080p videos with 18k bitrate and it stayed the same, you could not tell the difference in video quality
>>91132656
so i cannot experience greatness of rtx if i am not playing the game myself? hence rtx is a gimick? thank you cause i thought we were talking about graphics here
>>
>>91112397
Why does rtx looks so grainy and every light and shadow update lags behind half a second
>>
>>91133662
>ive uploaded 1080p videos with 18k bitrate and it stayed the same, you could not tell the difference in video quality
That's because you're blind and probably can't tell the difference between a ray traced shadow and a shadow map shadow.
>>
>>91133689
because it is not an ray tracing
it is the software working its way to make it look like ray tracing despite having 1/1000th of density needed to come close to replicating ray tracing
you are only left with shadow of what it should be
>>91133699
i work in movie production and am pretty sure that i can tell a difference in video quality, especially when opening up video info and seeing numbers add up
>>
>>91112397
If Michael Bay made vidya instead of movies.
>>
People who can run ray tracing at high frame rates are all blind and clueless.
People who can't run ray tracing, but have watched some youtube videos know best that it's shit and pointless.
Is this about right?
>>
>>91133723
He works in movie production and can't see compression artifacts. No one cares gofer.
>>
>>91133881
it is literal graphics settings
graphics does not change based on player playing the game
it is one thing to say
"i think ray tracing looks great"
it is other thing to be totally ignorant while not understanding technology behind it and claiming that somehow anyone who criticizes it is as you said blind and clueless
you have about as much technological knowledge as 12 year old
>>91133906
what are you even talking about?
>>
>>91133945
I know exactly what ray tracing is. I was summarising this thread.
>you have about as much technological knowledge as 12 year old
No. Not the 12 year old analogy. ha ha fucking retard.
>>
>>91112397
That looks like RTX Remix using files transplanted from Portal RTX into Max Payne. It's just a bad mod.
>>
>RTX is biggest breakthrough in 3d graphics!
>You cannot see the difference in graphics unless you are playing the game yourself
so which one is it
>>
>>91133945
You don't know what compression artifacts are? If you work in video you should know. Since you say you can't see them, I have to assume you need your eyes checked and maybe your judgment about how important something visual like ray tracing is is probably pretty poor. This really just boils down to: shut the fuck up you ignorant swine.
>>
>>91134062
Why are the poor faggots who can't run stuff the most vocal against it every single time?
You stupid fuckers should worry about where your next meal is coming from and not what other people are doing with their video games
>>
>>91134135
It's even better, it's an optional feature, like dude, close your eyes, like dude, don't enable the optional feature, like dude, don't download Portal RTX.
>>
>>91133723
>because it is not an ray tracing
Yes, it is.
>despite having 1/1000th of density needed to come close to replicating ray tracing
Raytracing is not a function of density.
>i work in movie production
Running Blender benchmarks and having a pirated copy of Maya is not working in movie production.
>>
>>91133723
>i work in movie production
Being a fluffer doesn't count
>>
>>91134135
>moving goalpost
why do not u answer, which one is it
>>91134129
no, what are you talking about?
what is your actual problem?
you know the exact codec and settings i used on the video i have uploaded on youtube to check its video quality? literally 10/10 people could not tell a difference
your average netflix faggot is enjoying their 2k bitrate video and saying it looks amazing, let alone 18k with proper codec and optimization, they could not tell a difference
and that is how videos are made, for masses, nobody is going to pause the video mid frame and look for background in top right corner than open up an original bluray disc and check out if grain is bigger or lower in one or the other
to put simply, you are shitter that has to move goalpost like any other rtx shitter that does not even comprehend what the technology is about
sorry big boy
rtx in games looks like utter shit
and it will look like utter shit
keep screeching in your echo chamber
>>
every time i am so amused by how mind broken rtx retards are, this is like saying donald trump to your average new yorker
>>
>>91112397
Nvidia SoulRemover TM
>>
>>91112947
I played the game, it's supposed to be carpeting.
>>
>>91134279
show image of hand, Sajeet
>>
>>91134279
>why do not u answer, which one is it
The answer is :-
>RTX is biggest breakthrough in 3d graphics!

>literally 10/10 people could not tell a difference
You're using a 1080p monitor. You don't get a say on image quality.
>rtx in games looks like utter shit
You can't play them on your GTX 1660 so it's shit. We get you. Like I said the ones the most vocal against something are the poor faggots crying they can't run it.
Anyway street shitting Sajeet. Post your time stamp image of your hand.
>>
>>91112397
completely ruined the games mood
>>
>>91112947
dude, even his fucking hair is reflecting the enviroment
>>
>>91134910
nvidiot faggots stuck in loop
>IT DA BIGGEST BREAKTHROUGH IN 3d GRAPHICS
>UH OH U CANNOT SEE IT UNLESS ON A RTX 496898 GIGAMAXUS PORTAL TRACED XYZ AND IF U DO NOT LIKE IT U ARE BLIND
mental
>>
>>91135205
>i am not a nigger
is back, welcome back. Good to see you're still doing the CAPSLOCK meltdown because you can't run something.
Post a pic of your hand.
>>
>>91135205
It's self-evident why ray tracing is good. Being mad because you can't run an optional feature and screaming about it is just silly.
>>
I think RTX will be cool moving forward, but you have all these shit titles with bad implementation trying to cash in. AMD dickheads were correct to ignore the tech until the hardware matures and developers show some competence. I doubt RTX will be good next generation, it will probably take 5 years or more for to be ubiquitous and functional.
>>
>>91136311
>its good
>looks literally same like baked lighting just in different place
yeah wake me up when games actually start looking better
>>
I wish more games tried doing impossible things, rather than just focus on emulating reality.
I recall one tech demo based entirely on manipulating forced perspective to solve puzzles and defeat enemies, all seamlessly in real time. Imagine what kind of insane shit you could do with the processing power available today.
Games seem to be more concerned with emulating movies or slot machines these days.
>>
>>91137077
>yeah wake me up when games actually start looking better
can you run it?
>>
>>91137997
?????
Ray tracing is a game engine thing, you can make basically any game now except real time photorealistic ones. Ray tracing technology isn't dependent on developers making unique game mechanics.
>>
>>91138522
what is it with you niggers and
>can u afford 1000$
i cannot think of a country where people could not save this amount
>>
>>91138597
Why can't you save up enough to buy a ray tracing card then, why do you have to whine about ray tracing when it's an optional feature?
>>
>>91138645
jesus westerners are beyond fucked with consumerism
get help tranny
>>
>>91138673
You didn't even attempt to address either point. Why are you here? No one is taking away your 2D games.
>>
>>91138597
I asked if you can run it. The way you dance around your replies shows you clearly can't.
>Wake me up when the thing I can't run looks better
For what reason? You can't run it.
>>91138597
>i cannot think of a country where people could not save this amount
Whatever country you seem to be in doesn't seem to be able to afford it.
>>
Poorfag cope thread?
>>
>>91112397
any old tomb raider games?
>>
>>91138942
Just tell them you have a 4090 and watch the real tears and cope.
>>
tranny still obsessively tagging me in comments
just fuck off jew trannie
>>
>>91140249
like this?
>>91140249
fucking lol
>>
>>91112397
Only game I personally noticed a betterment in was Metro Exodus, I tried it in Cyberpunk but I can't say there was much difference, maybe less blurry reflections(?)
>>
>>91140418
epic trolling mr trannie
>>
>>91140583
You have a similar writing style to some flat earth retard who posts on pol and x, is it you?
>>
>>91112397
Bottom reminded me of Path of Neo, I kind of want to play that again.
>>
File: rtx doom.png (721 KB, 1916x975)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>91112397
I feel like people are too lazy with RTX versions of games. You can't just slap that shit in and call it a day. rtx DOOM is a great example of good RTX implementation. Also, it's free, so give it a try sometime.
>>
>>91140535
Cyberpunk was made by imbeciles. We're not going to see any serious attempts at a ray traced game until fully developed Unreal 5 games come out. There aren't even any games that I'm aware of that use Lumen yet. We'll probably see some interesting things come out of RTX Remix when they release that but the serious ray traced stuff isn't for a year or two more.
>>
>>91142203
Yeah it's too bad they fucked it up, I liked parts of the game a lot
>>
RTX trannies
>>
>>91112397
you know what fucks my shit with rtx? it just doesn't look realistic. in my head, rtx is supposed to make the lighting look more realistic, but it never does. it just makes it look a tiny little smidge better than the previous lighting, but at a 50-80 percent cost.
>>
>>91144885
sorry bro u cannot afford it rtx 4090 or it is not rtx and if u do not like it you are just blind

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.