[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 1674605320613086.webm (3.82 MB, 1440x810)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB WEBM
>UPGRADE & BUILD ADVICE
Post build list or current specs including MONITOR: https://pcpartpicker.com/
Provide specific use cases (e.g. 4K editing, high FPS gaming)
State your budget and country.

>NEWS
Upcoming releases: Ryzen 7000 X3D, Phoenix Point APUs, RTX 4060/70, RX 7600XT/7700XT
Recently released: RTX 4070Ti, i9-13900/KS, 7900XT/X, RTX 4080 & 4090, Zen 4, Intel Arc A770 and A750.

>RECOMMENDED CPUs**
HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105, i3 12100, Ryzen 5600G
Budget gaming: i5 13400/F, R5 7600/X (whichever is cheapest)
Extreme gaming: 5800X3D, 7700/X, 13600K/F, 13700K/F
Buget productivity: 7950X, 7900X, 5900X, 13900K/S/F
Extreme productivity: Xeon W, Threadripper (wait for new SKUs)

>GPU Recommendations
Refrain from buying used unless they come from a trustworthy source.
1080p60: 5600XT/6600/3050/1660S
1080p144: 2070S/3060/5700XT/6600XT
1440p60: 2080/3070/6750XT/6800
1440p144, 4K60: 2080Ti/3070Ti/3080/6800XT
4K144: 3080Ti/3090/4070Ti/4080/4090 and RX 6900XT/6950XT/7900XT/7900XTX
Production: RTX 4090, RTX 3090 (compute+VRAM)

>RECOMMENDED RAM
Budget: 16gb DDR4 3600 MT/s CL18
Standard: 32gb DDR5 6000 MT/s CL30 (Zen4) or 6400 MT/s CL32 (RPL)
High end: 64gb+ DDR5 6000 MT/s CL30
Avoid mixing kits.

>RECOMMENDED PSUs
https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED CASES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL5uttjPWZE [Embed] [Open]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRAQGwELC3o [Embed] [Open]

>RECOMMENDED SSDs
Standouts: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus, Crucial P5 Plus, Kingston KC3000
https://ssd.borecraft.com/

>RECOMMENDED MONITORS
https://www.rtings.com/monitor
https://tftcentral.co.uk/awards
https://www.displayninja.com/buying-guide/
https://www.techspot.com/bestof/monitors-22-23/

Previous: >>91098387
>>
https://youtu.be/cneoANZKBGk
Well it looks like any non-gaming desktop is pointless now
>>
>>91103837
Imagine wasting 275 Watts for just 80fps in such an ugly game.
>>
So....can we start removing 20 series GPUs from the OP? They're pretty old now.
>>
>>91103837
why did you buy this game, are you dickless?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRX9Ne6zGCw
>>
Is it okay if my i5-10600K runs at 95-100C when i run cyberpunk at max settings ray tracing on
>>
xv-kun in shambles
>>
>>91103879
Crucial mx and windows 10 yes.
>>
>>91103921
There's a demo, that's what everyone in these threads is playing.
>>
>>91103837
>"""AAA""" """game""" from CURRENT YEAR
>shitty cobblestone floor material with 0 parallax or bumpmaps
>very obviously lazily generated tree LODs that look like shit in the distance
what else is this """game""" hiding?
>>
>>91103967
still why.
>>
Why the fuck are there 4 different OP texts?
>>
>>91103948
That's awesome. I don't have to waste buying a gen 4 ssd and Windows 11.
>>
>>91103885
Wow! A nigger that almost speaks like a white dude. Has that been synchronized?
>>
>>91103997
yeah loading is basically instant
>>
>>91103837
Idk how but this game just LOOKS poorly optimized. There's something about the way everything looks so nitid and sharp up close but contrasts so heavily with the assets surrounding said model, every asset looks like its interacting with each other in a very contrived way that was allowed to pass since the game is supposed to be "next gen"
>>
>>91103914
dumb zoomer. old doesn't mean bad.
>>
Forbroken looks like ass and is optimized like ass too
this is what happens when devs develop on AMD devkits
>>
File: 1672820175104.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1413)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>91103938
>>
>>91103976
I don't get it either.
It's neither a technically sensational game nor is yet another forced wokeshit player character tolerable.
>>
>>91104042
as opossed to 30fps cyberpunk developed on nvidia kit?
>>
>>91103983
It's International Autism Month I think.
>>
>>91103976
collectivist retardation.
>>
>>91104048
Would it be okay if i kill myself would that make it better?
>>
>>91104042
it doesn't look bad here >>91103922
even in standard.
>>
>>91104074
sure anon: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/medical-assistance-dying.html
>>
>>91104021
no it doesn't, the echo chamber is shitting on it and you just want to be a part of the hive.
>>
>>91104042
Pretty sure it's a DX12 game
>>
>>91104042
It's probably a result of diversity hires.
I refuse to believe that japanese programmers and game designers could ever fuck a game up like that.
>>
I really hope I don't fall into the trap of playing games that are really fucking boring but great to look at
>>
oi lads what's that website where you can upload and compare pictures by hovering over them
>>
>>91104098
screenshotcomparison
>>
>>91104021
>Idk how
No, you don't because there is no viable explanation. You're just a tourist who wants so badly to be
>one of us
>>
>>91104123
Thanks

https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/31365
>>
>>91104084
The game definitely looks like different parts crudely stitched together instead of a cohesive picture
>>
>>91104032
In the context of GPUs, it's correlated.
>>
>it doesn't look bad here
>no it doesn't, the echo chamber is shitting on it and you just want to be a part of the hive.
>No, you don't because there is no viable explanation. You're just a tourist who wants so badly to be
>>one of us
>>
>>91103701
>>91103800
Yeah, thought they were on low because you can see the background.
The starting area on low you see the entire map until render distance limit. In the introduction you're in a tower and you see the world, but it if you have clouds on low it simple shows the world cutoff rendering distance as a huge circle.
With it on standard it hides the world render cutoff.
>>91103824
Thanks for the tip, esc/space/enter doesn't work. I wonder if B on controller works.
>>
>>91104079
It looks pretty bad, shit looks worse than Elden Ring.
>>
>>91104208
She's beautiful
>>
>>91104232
elden ring makes my eyes burn, this doesn't.
>>
>>91104205
anon, the 2000 series are still extremely good. you are just a retarded zoomer.
>>
for some reason radeon super resolution performs and looks better than fsr 2.0 in forspoken.
>>
>>91104243

t. retard coping with 20 series
>>
File: 1661991769968.png (1.33 MB, 1573x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>91104208
>that character
>>
>>91104131
Im not putting on airs, i dont know jack shit about game optimization. It looks like shit, im not pirating it
>>
>>91103885
For general purpose stuff, probably, but its main advantages in terms of size and 10 Gbe Ethernet and connectivity has been made pretty moot by Chinese MicroPC makers like GoWIn with their R86S and on the high end, you can get stuff from the main OEMs making stuff faster . The only real advantage is power efficiency and bang for buck on the base unit. If you add anything to it, price quickly becomes unreasonable.
>>
>>91104250
t. retarded consumer who thinks things bad because "old." you are the reason why i support communism. people are to stupid to own things themselves.
>>
Think i'll sell my 6700xt and get a 7800 or something.
70-75°C on the card and 85-95° hotspot turns my room in a sauna very quick.
>>
File: 1394724440001.jpg (7 KB, 300x303)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>91104237
>>
>>91104277
undervolt it? heat is based on power draw. if heat is still high with less power draw then cooler isnt making contact
>>
>>91104262
>im not pirating it
See that's why they make it look like shit in the first place.
>>
File: 1477794227966.gif (2.71 MB, 640x360)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB GIF
>>91103837
>negress femc
>>
File: 1657549141415.png (87 KB, 1310x861)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>91104277
>anon doesn't know about changing fan curves himself
>>
File: 98074315134530.png (106 KB, 2430x704)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>91104265
Your time is over you old cunt. Go die now.
>>
>>91104326
listen, fan curves should be automatic, its bullshit that we have to set them up.
>>
>>91104301
It's already undervolted -50 to -100mV depending on stability, would reach 80+ on card and 110 hotspot without it. Added thermal pads on the backplate too. There isn't much i can do beside lower resolution and accept FSR to lower draw to 70-85. It's just the reference cooler that's dogshite.
Next one will be a three fans.
>>
>>91104349
>listen, fan curves should be automatic, its bullshit that we have to set them up.
fan curves are automatic. but it doesn't mean automatic is good if its tuned for a factories benchmark statistics rather than your ears.
>>
File: file.png (69 KB, 1800x350)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
waitchads we're winning...
>>
>>91104349
anon, all manufacturers sacrifice thermals for sound now because consumers demanded higher temps for low noise. for some reason people want to canada suicide themselves if they hear any sound. you will have to mess with fan curves yourself regardless what card you get. or you live with the high temps.
>>
>>91104326
I am not pushing those fans more, they already go at 2200rpm which is the threshold before hearing them through my headset. I also have a well ventilated case with 6 fans with a curve following the gpu temps.
>>
>>91104369
thats fucking dumb as hell
>>
>>91104362
did you repaste the card? im guessing you used nt h1 or some cpu paste like another anon did and now you're hitting 110c because of it.
>>
>>91104367
i'd rather not, my 6600 works just fine
>>
>>91104386
I did not repaste the card, i have yet to open one and kinda scared to. I also believe those reference cards use a pad for the die, should i put paste on the pad?
>>
File: 1668186563276.jpg (2.89 MB, 4032x3024)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>91104381
getting a new card won't fix your problem anon. you will be dealing with the same shit. they all have zero rpm by default now. they all max out at 50% the rated fan speed. they all are very relax fan curves that prioritize noise over sound. you will be wasting money. if you truly want to "fix" your problem because you are paranoid of running your fans at higher speeds then remove them and zip tie 80mm fans to your card and run them off your motherboard.
>>
File: 1663637759707.jpg (2.15 MB, 4032x3024)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>91104405
>prioritize noise over sound
prioritize noise over performance*
>>
>>91104403
reference 6700xt uses cheapest paste known to man. its the reference 6800xt and 6900xt that uses high quality thermal pads.
you should definitely repaste it with mx-6.
>>
>>91104369
My 4090 has no problems with temps.
Is this some Radeon specific disease again?
>>
File: 1665339856480.png (2.24 MB, 1527x1061)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>>
>>91104442
it does, you just don't realize it. just like most 3090 users didn't realize their memory on the back of the card was getting up to 105-110c. nvidia has always been shitty with thermal reporting and never honest about the true max safe temps of their cards.
>>
>>91104369
Temps don’t matter unless you are throttling.
>>
>>91104386
> did you repaste the card?
That's generally good advice. I recommend to also get better thermal pads. There are much better after market pads out there.
>>
>>91104326
baSED
>>
File: reference 6700xt.webm (2.87 MB, 998x564)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>91104421
>>91104403
>>91104362
>>91104349
>>
>>91103837
>modern gaming
Starting to regret spending $2,000.
>>
File: T99s6xZ.jpg (3.78 MB, 4032x3024)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB JPG
>>91104405
I want a card that runs 60°c and 75° max on hotspot. Many models run within those specs out of the factory. The 7900xt does, the 4070ti does too, even the reference models.
I'll give repasting a try. Maybe put in bigger thermal pads between the pcb and backplate.
I did like that dood.
>>
>>91104472
exhibit A, a anon who likes their cards smoldering because if he hears any sound he wants to murder himself.
>>
>>91104491
the thermal pads do nothing. its not a pressure issue dumbass. its because your die literally has no paste. >>91104482
>>
Some nice updates on RDNA3 disaster
https://twitter.com/All_The_Watts/with_replies
You won't hear this from MLID

N33 = 6650XT
PHX < RX570
With how much they dropped the ball on phoenix, meteor lake will take the iGPU crown come august.
MLID faggots spent the last year and a half jerking themselv off about poonix point kekek.
ANOTHER MASSIVE DISAPOINTMENT
AHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
>>
>>91104491
anon, hotspot is the hotspot spot on the entire die. its why its called hotspot. if you want it that low you need to run your fans at 90-100% and even then, it will vary from die to die, card to card, model to model, and generation to generation because hotspots will always be different.

and no, none of them they do. outside water cooled cards.
>>
>>91104492
What is this zoomer mentality? Electronics are designed to get hot. If it is not hot enough that it needs to throttle itself then there is 0 issue.
>>
File: 1551483720102.jpg (99 KB, 970x647)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>91104419
I wish the Morpheus 2 weren't so lacking at VRAM and VRMs cooling. It gets a bit ridiculous when you have a 60C core but need to ramp up the fans because your VRMs are nearing 105C due to the little heatsinks not getting enough air through the densely packed together fins of the main heatsink.
>>
>>91104510
please do humanity a favor and canadian assistance suicide yourself. you are the reasons why we have glass panels, rgb everything, shit airflow, removal of side fans on cases, thermal throttling cards out of the box, etc.
>>
>>91104454
Ok, I will stick some temperature sensors onto and into it and record the temps during excessive gayming as soon as my bloody quadro controller arrives.
>>
>>91104509
and if you want to chase hotspots, you'll just end up like this people: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/mqsdpw/gpu_hot_spot_temperature_is_94_to_98c_should_i_be/

some cards hotspots can not be reduced down because of its location. it doesn't matter how much you change fan curves, some hotspots will always be hotter.
>>
>>91104525
>thermal throttling cards out of the box
Get a better case/fans. This is a skill issue on your part.
>>
>>91104525
>>91104492
anon is right. electronics don't care what temp they run at as long as you stay within operating temp. they are fine running at below 0 degrees (liquid nitrogen) and at 100c (hotspot). what kills components is excessive voltage not high temperatures. thats why cpus die after liquid nitrogen overclocking. the cpu is in the negative degree range but the voltage is so high it kills the transistors.
>>
electronics should be hot not loud
>>
>>91104509
>Installed inside an ATX case in a 21c room the Radeon RX 7900 XT peaked at a hot spot temperature of 77c after an hour of gameplay with a peak average die temperature of 65c
And that's the reference model. The XTX runs slightly hotter.
Many nvidia cards also get those temps.
>>
>>91104559
>>91104562
t. corporate bootlickers who want to murder themselves if they hear even a peep. like i said, you are the reason why everything is so shit these days. retards in charge.
>>
File: Zotac_Teardown.jpg (900 KB, 1763x1510)
900 KB
900 KB JPG
>>91104500
the pads are vital for vregs and memory chips though
>>
>>91104607
its gddr6 running at 2000mhz. the vram shouldnt be getting hot in the first place and if they are who cares they are rated for 105c. your hotspot will hit that temp before your ram.
>>
>>91104583
anon, by all means, give into your paranoia and start fucking around with your card chasing hotspots. the fact you are comparing different cards to your card is a clear sign you are a retard.
>hurr these cards run this low!
if they do, its because they have different hotspots. like i said in my other comment, it will varry among gpu dies, models, generations, card to card, etc. but even then, i doubt they are running that low out of the box unless they once again, changed what the hotspot is.
>>
>>91104633
and i want you to fuck around with your card because i'm hoping you will damage your card. stupid people win stupid prizes. please fuck around anon.
>>
>>91104330
a 4050 will be as powerful as a 2080ti lol.
>>
>>91104500
>gamers nexus gets an ok card
there is a lot of thermal paste on that card. and steve always makes things worse than they are for clicks from people like you. he gets one bad thing and runs with it claiming its all bad. he gets one good thing and runs with it claiming its all good. he's just a shill.
>>
>>91104595
what does your post have to do with real world physics
>>
>>91104330
t. corporate bootlicker zoomer who wants people to buy new shiny toy because its new
>>
>>91104558
>ambient room temp is anywhere from 27 to 30C°
>3600X is also reported anywhere between 75 to 83C° degrees with a dual 120mm
Favelaboi is living the dream.
>>
>>91104490
Play RDR2 it's fucking AWESOME!
Witcher 3 with next gen update as well.
Stalker 2 and for the time waitfagging it: Stalker Anomaly with a nice modpack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU-pghOCiPg
>>
>>91104667
why do you want to kill yourself if you hear a noise anon? just because you like shitty things doesn't mean everyone else has to live by your shitty taste. retards like you is why we have glass panels and no side fan mounts anymore. retards like you is why intel keeps putting out cpu's that draw 200+ watts. retards like you is why nvidia puts out a giant brick that draws 450 watts.
>>
>>91104655
while costing just as much as one off ebay currently
>>
>>91104657
you can literally see no die in the corner and a giant gap in the center. any gpu like that no matter if its nvidia or amd will throttle because of that.
>>
>>91104674
if you are running a 3600x at 75c then you clearly did something wrong. my 5900x with a 212 evo idles at 26c and runs no hotter than 70c under stress test. average temps under load is between 50-60c.
>>
>>91104691
what does your post have to do with how electronics work with laws of electricity
>>
>>91104697
anon, he removed the cooler. when you remove the cooler, paste moves. he probably pulled it off when you popped off the cooler and ran with it for click baits for people like you can go "ooo, look badddd, me donate money to steve now"
>>
>>91104582
girls should be hot, electronics should function.
>>
>>91104710
anon, like i said, just because you like running things in shitty ways doesn't mean everyone else has to live with your shitty ways.

i'm just going to repeat myself now because i realized you are no different than talking to a wall.

retards like you is why we have glass panels and no side fan mounts anymore. retards like you is why intel keeps putting out cpu's that draw 200+ watts. retards like you is why nvidia puts out a giant brick that draws 450 watts.
>>
>>91104693
wow, not a 5yr old GPU for the same performance/price? I think I'd get the 4050. retard.
>>
>>91104718
>>91104731
what does your post have to with operating specs of transistors
>>
>>91104731
>>91104718
>>91104691
>>91104671
are you drunk or high or on meds? nobody cares about your schizo rant and you look retarded that you can't follow spec sheet.
>>
>>91104732
you just want something new for the sake of new. its the same performance and cost but because its "new" you want it. you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

retards like you is why we have glass panels and no side fan mounts anymore. retards like you is why intel keeps putting out cpu's that draw 200+ watts. retards like you is why nvidia puts out a giant brick that draws 450 watts. its because of retards like you that we lost 5.25 inch drive bays. its retards like you why we lost 3.5inch drive bays. its retards like you why video cards now cost $1600.
>>
>>91104764
im not reading it bitch, I have a 4090.
>>
File: 1661417224495.webm (863 KB, 480x854)
863 KB
863 KB WEBM
>>91104758
>nooooo, steve said this little area had no thermal paste because steve didn't bother to realize thermal paste moves and gets pulled off / pulled apart when you pull off the cooler
>this ONE SAMPLE SIZE IS A REPRESENTATION OF THE ENTIRE PRODUCT LINE. steve said so
indeed, take your meds
>>
>>91104657
> he's just a shill.
Unfortunately that's true for ALL OF THEM jew toobers.
Shilling is their business model. In reality speaking the truth only gets punished not paid.
>>
>>91104782
>drunk or high or on meds
confirmed
>>
File: 1647195784616.webm (212 KB, 720x1280)
212 KB
212 KB WEBM
>>91104774
congrats on being a corporate bootlicker buying a msrp $1600 card. like i said here >>91104764:
> its retards like you why video cards now cost $1600.
>>
Is there anything more pathetic than a retard that rolls the post timer like the FFXIV GCD
>>
>>91104782
she a cute jew
>>
>>91104718
>paste moves
theres literally no paste on the heatsink or die. whats there to move faggot
>>
>>91103976
I just wanna test my old pc and see if I can still enjoy "next gen games"
>>
File: 1667775657911.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>91104796
so if one black person murdered a white person does that mean all black people are murders? that's your line of logic. if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.
>>
>>91103837
One thing I noticed is how capes in video games flop around like cheap nylon American flags from China. A proper cape weighs like 10 pounds on it's own and there's so much material it cannot flop like 1 layer of nylon weaving.
>>
>>91104504
what will N33 even be for? 7500XT, 7600XT?
>>
File: 1664815194412.png (642 KB, 955x582)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>91104816
are you blind? that's a ton of thermal paste anon.
>>
>>91103837
that game is dogshit the lighting engine is literally broken https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mFQQVFZXxE even with raytracing on, games unfinished.
>>
playing this game on high is like playing rock pop-in simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d206g_pmSmw
also seems to barely use the CPU
>>
>>91104330
lol stupid cunt my 2080ti is as fast as a 3070ti and they can be oc to over 3080 levels you idiot cunt
>>
>>91104330
>usermenschbark
LMFAO
>>
>>91104873
you are a dinosaur and your time is over grandpa.
>>
File: red means exposed die.jpg (109 KB, 953x582)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>91104856
No.
>>
>>91104208
while the actress may not be so easy on the eyes, that has nothing to do with the graphic fidelity of the game, in fact you posted an ss that only proves my point even further, moron. how about you focus on composing your own thoughts rather than letting the hive decide for you.
>>
>>91104671
>>91104873
>>91104888

samefag coping retard
>>
>>91104856
You can literally see the paste pumping off the die.
>>
>>91104895
>what are pressure points
anon, that's thermal paste that was pulled off by the cooler. and again, you ignored >>91104834
once more, to repeat since i am talking to a brick wall.

if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.
>>
>>91104898
That is the game on max settings you massive fucking faggot.
It's my own screenshot.
It looks like shit.
It plays like shit.
Go back to your corporate masters and tell them THE GAME FUCKING SUCKS faggot.
>>
>>91104865
imagine making a game that looks worse than skyrim in the 2020s and not only that performance is dogshit and your excuse for it is
>AIEEEEEE MAKING GAEMS HARD
>>
>>91104915
anon, when you have a ton of thermal paste, the excess paste will be pushed off to the side from the mounting pressure.
>>
>>91104764
> why we can't have nice things.
I have a 4090 just like >>91104774
Nice to me and him I guess.
>>
>>91103837
looks like a PS3 game
>>
>>91104919
No. Retard.
>>
>>91104932
GPU paste shouldnt be slip and sliding from mounting pressure. That means you're using CPU paste not GPU paste.
>>
File: 1657669185850.png (111 KB, 649x493)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>91104944
anon, you can clearly see how the coolers mounting pressure pushed the excess paste off to the side. and you can see the spots where the cooler "sucked" the paste up as it pulled it off.

and once more, since i am talking to a brick wall. you keep ignoring:

if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.
>>
>>91104816
it probably evaporated because of the glowing heat
>>
>>91104972
>>91104953
>>
>>91104919
>if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.
That's always been the weakness of any single reviewer. N = 1.
Same happened with the 13900K reviewed by HUB which performed strangely - around 5-10% worse performance than other review outlets.

Hence why you should always read multiple reviews.
>>
>>91104953
anon, ITS PASTE. NOT A FUCKING THERMAL PAD. paste is post to move. some paste are thicker, some are as loose as a roasty, but ALL paste will move. ANY excess paste will be pushed away from the mounting pressure. IF THIS WASN'T POSSIBLE YOU COULDN'T SPREAD PASTE you fucking retard.

like i said, retards leading the retards here.
>>
>>91104939
yeah just position yourself in life to enjoy things, and you will. Simple as.
>>
>>91104972
>you can clearly see how the coolers mounting pressure pushed the excess paste off to the side
except the sides with literally no paste
>>
>>91104979
>>91104985
>>
I have a prebuilt I bought 5 years ago I'm looking to upgrade. I've already done the power supply, but now that it's time for the GPU, I'm paranoid that the i7-8700k it came with is obsolete now and that it'll bottleneck my planned GPU, a 6800xt or equivalent. Should I be more worried about my processor or GPU? My 1070 it came with is still rock solid.
>>
>>91104927
it looked perfectly fine, you pansy, clearly your echo chamber's standards are on an entirely different level than what's acceptable. what a tragedy. go outside if you HD-ultra quality and 1000 FPS
>>
File: qgcP0wYfqj.png (9 KB, 861x74)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
guys i just got my rx6800 is this normal???
>>
>>91104990
anon, you keep ignoring:
if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.

you also said the cooler had no thermal paste on the cooer:
>theres literally no paste on the heatsink or die. whats there to move faggot
see
>>91104856
>>91104944
it clearly has thermal paste. you clearly can see the thermal paste being spread by the cooler, ripped off and pulled apart from the cooler being removed.
>>
>>91104985
>ITS PASTE. NOT A FUCKING THERMAL PAD. paste is post to move
High end GPU paste is specifically formulated not to pump out under copper thermal expansion. AMD is not using GPU paste, they're using bottom barrel CPU paste. That's why its pumping to the sides.
>>
File: file.png (48 KB, 908x355)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>91104764
>being pressed about 1600$
>not buying a 3090 during the peak of the crypto hype for 2k$
ngmi
>>
>>91105021
It looks worse than FFXV, a game by the same fucking studio you dumb shill
>>
>>91105037
It has thermal paste sure but there are literal areas of the die not covered in paste that's the whole point. You can literally see the paste not touching the fucking engraved die mark. >>91104944
>>
Guise calm down. Who cares about this shitty card.
I'll just get a 200-250w card whenever they come out so i can sell this shitty 6700xt for a few bucks.
>>
File: 1664795712888.jpg (100 KB, 750x1000)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>91105048
pump out is WHEN PASTE DRIES UP YOU FUCKING RETARD. when the oils in the paste start to separate and dry out. pump out doesn't mean PASTE DOESN'T MOVE / NOT SPREADABLE. it wouldn't be CALLED PASTE if it couldn't move. PASTE MOVES.
>>91105068
anon, paste moved. it gets PULLED OFF, SEPARATED, if that card was off, parts of it could have been dried like toothpaste and flaked off. and on top of that, your spot is the edge of the die that's pushed off. that area could have no little paste pushed off the edge, but the die itself at that end is covered. mounting pressure spread isn't even spread. and again, you keep ignoring:

if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.
>>
>>91105082
stupid fucking bitch
>>
>>91104944
The paste itself doesn't look good. rather like some watery toothpaste. It shouldn't be shiny like that.
>>
>>91104865
the parkour literally looks worse than a 360 game

https://youtu.be/t76bYnu89xo
>>
>>91105082
my bad, >>91105098
was for >>91105056
>>
>>91105082
there is nothing wrong with your card. you are just a retard anon. a new card can't fix your retardation. your retardation is clearly indicated with you comparing your 6700xt to a 7900xtx.
>>
File: pump out.webm (2.85 MB, 1212x710)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>91105093
>pump out is WHEN PASTE DRIES UP
wrong
shut up retard
nothing you say matters because you're stupid
everyone here already sees you as dumb
>>
>>91105098
>>91105126
holy buyers remorse, I can tell you spent $100 on the deluxe edition.

Real uncompressed frame btw, this is the kinda shit the game puts out
>>
>>91104894
lol your mad my 5yr gpu rox zoomie
>>
>>91105122
it's impressive even shitty 360 games still can be made to look better every year when someone even more incompetent and retarded exists to pump out some game with mass market focus
>>
>>91105030
no it should be x16 pcie4
>>
File: laughing bitch.webm (2.49 MB, 504x566)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB WEBM
i just came here to write up a post about how happy i was with my new build,
but i guess every general has people seething at each other lol
>>
File: dhurr.jpg (58 KB, 866x622)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>anon, paste moved. it gets PULLED OFF, SEPARATED, if that card was off, parts of it could have been dried like toothpaste and flaked off. and on top of that, your spot is the edge of the die that's pushed off. that area could have no little paste pushed off the edge, but the die itself at that end is covered. mounting pressure spread isn't even spread. and again, you keep ignoring:
>pump out is WHEN PASTE DRIES UP YOU FUCKING RETARD. when the oils in the paste start to separate and dry out. pump out doesn't mean PASTE DOESN'T MOVE / NOT SPREADABLE. it wouldn't be CALLED PASTE if it couldn't move. PASTE MOVES.
>if we give steve the benefit of the doubt (which he doesn't deserve) then that means his sample size of one representing THE ENTIRE product line means a sample size of one 6700xt with "bad" thermal paste" means all reference 6700xt's have bad thermal paste. by that logic, it therefor means a single black person murdering a white person is enough to state ALL black people murder white people.
>>
>>91103976
It's a tech demo to showcase directstorage
>>
>>91105165
kek this shit is raping every gpu out there at 1440p while the cpu basically idles
>>
>>91105191

I only return the seething when they start the seething.

Tell us about your build, anon. Did you put it together okay?
>>
>>91105153
anon, mounting pressure moves paste. paste is not a solid. paste is called paste because its a semi liquid. that means IT FUCKING MOVES. if you apply PRESSURE, IT FUCKING MOVES. paste DOES NOT STAY STILL. if you want that, that's called a thermal pad.
>>
>>91104910
stupid doomer cunt i had a 69xt that wasnt any faster 79xtx is dogshit
>>
File: 1646354397371.png (213 KB, 454x480)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>91105191
do it anon, don't mind the spergs.
i love how both discussions devolved into anons calling each other stupid.
>>
File: mx-6 specs.png (114 KB, 1131x708)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>91105212
If mounting pressure squeezes your paste to the side on day one of your GPU review, it's not worthy of being called GPU paste.
>>
>>91105178
that isn't even the video I meant to post...seriously this industry is fucked

https://youtu.be/jfLpyYCNlOw
>>
>>91105196
>>91105196
anon, please tell me why you think a paste doesn't move? please explain to me why you think apply a paste and putting pressure on it won't cause paste to move? how does one spread paste if the paste cannot be moved?

AND AGAIN, YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND PUMP OUT. PASTE THAT SUFFERS PUMP OUT ONLY does this from thermals because the OILS start to dry up and move away. causing things to separate, causing paste to further move on its own because its becoming more liquid as the oils separate and dry up. after awhile, the oils will be gone and the paste will turn into something similar to dried up toothpaste.
>>
why are the 69xt 3080ti 79xtx 4090 coolers so massive if the cards dont get over 300w?
>>
>>91105122
>>91105178
>>91105265
Parkour in AC1 is better lol
>>
>>91105277
They regularly hit 350-400w in 4k gaming tho. Even the 3080 did too.
>>
>>91105191
absolutely. at every corner of this site is a 16 year old who lacks the ability to tell a genuine thought and criticism from the pessimistic contrarian bullshit intentional being fed to him, a vessel of their perpetual agenda
>>
File: power-gaming[1].png (73 KB, 500x1290)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>91105277
because they do go over 300W?
>>
>>91105284
ac1 has better art style as well
https://youtu.be/aKKunoRj6Ec
unity is over a decade old and looks amazing
>>
>>91105296
the game still sucks Squeenix employee, no matter how you rationalize away criticism
>>
>things are so bad now AC Unity is looked at like a game with good optimization
lol
>>
>>91105186
ammm how can i fix it?
i already update the drivers, and im sure that is the correct slot, i think it only has pci 3.
>>
File: PXL_20230125_034019222.jpg (2.78 MB, 4032x3024)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>91105259
>>
>>91105149
What's wrong with u homeboi?
>67c edge temp and 81-82c Junction temp. (undervolt -75mV , 2800mhz core, 150mhz ram OC, +15% power slider)
IN A STRESS TEST
In gaymen:
>(all extreme settings, 8xAA) At 1440p left me sitting at 62c edge temp and 73c junction

https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/udn4yx/asrock_6700xt_challenger_pcb/
>>
File: he's still going.png (332 KB, 582x585)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>anon, please tell me why you think a paste doesn't move? please explain to me why you think apply a paste and putting pressure on it won't cause paste to move? how does one spread paste if the paste cannot be moved?

>AND AGAIN, YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND PUMP OUT. PASTE THAT SUFFERS PUMP OUT ONLY does this from thermals because the OILS start to dry up and move away. causing things to separate, causing paste to further move on its own because its becoming more liquid as the oils separate and dry up. after awhile, the oils will be gone and the paste will turn into something similar to dried up toothpaste.
>>
>>91105317
>how can i fix it?
remove NVMe to free pci lanes
>>
File: PXL_20230125_034053576.jpg (2.3 MB, 3024x4032)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>91105333
>>
File: PXL_20230125_034103284.jpg (2.55 MB, 3024x4032)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
>>91105372
>>
>>91105372
I remember having a pasively cooled GeForce 3. Shit would overheat all the time we had to put a damp sponge on it to avoid shutdowns.
>>
>>91105310
tell me child, when was the last you thought for yourself? mom or your favorite tiktoker choosing your outfits for ya?
>>
>>91105372
that's WAY TOO MUCH shit. Holycrap!
>>
>>91105372
>>91105333
>GPU has a heatspreader instead of direct die to avoid hotspots
>TDP is a joke
>Heatsink smaller than a Gamecube Disc
whats the point?
>>
File: PXL_20230125_034701810.jpg (3.33 MB, 4032x3024)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>91105386
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THAT. MOUNTING PRESSURE MOVED, SPREAD THE FUCKING PASTE. How can this be? It's based mx-6! It shouldn't have moved AT ALL!

Oh, what's that? Mounting pressure wasn't even even with it's spread! Some sides have more and less than others!
>>
>>91105386
You had one job kek
>>
>>91105412
Anon...what was the point of all this? You just wasted good paste to look retarded.
>>
>>91104367
Take another $150 off and we'll talk.
>>
>>91105412
Really going out of your way to argue with retards on the web. One could think you're one yourself.
>>
>>91105437
Because he is retarded.
>>
File: PXL_20230125_035139606.jpg (2.58 MB, 4032x3024)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
Let's try MX-5 and let's see if MX-5 spreads
>>
>>91105412
>>91105372
first off you never use that much paste on a direct die gpu because trying to screw the giga huge cooler down is going to crack the die with the pressure needed.
second why are you doing this
>>
>>91105361
ohhh i see.... i knew it had to be that
>>
>>91105437
It's mx-6. I have five tubes of it.
>>
>>91105412
Is it a fetish thing?
>>
What the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>91105491
and you must be aware of how much of a pain it is to clean so why are you gooping yourself like a kid who found the paint jar
>>
>>91105502
humiliation of a retard
>>
>>91105412
thats like 10 times too much paste.
If you shit hell on a die of course the heatsink will squeeze the shit to all sides.
Imagine that sink had been put under some more pressure, half of the pcb was buried under paste.
>>
File: Comfy_guy (1).jpg (29 KB, 197x190)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>91105502
>>
File: PXL_20230125_035411286.jpg (2.73 MB, 4032x3024)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>91105479
Paste MOVES. Paste Is not a solid. You don't have little walls on the side that prevent PASTE from moving you inbred mongrel. Paste is being pushed off because of the mourning pressure PUSHING it off. It's not going to crack the die or whatever retardation Linus shill tips told you.

I shit on Steve from gaymes nexus but HE at least did more than one video about this and debunked the whole "hurrr to much paste" mythes.
>>
>>91105539
you're pasting a gpu like you're pasting a cpu so ofc its going to PUSH OFF.
you dont paste a direct die gpu like that.
>>
>>91105486
Ne pas worry mon ami.
pci 3.0 provides enough bandwidth even for a 4090, you might lose as much as 1 fps at max if you are unlucky.
>>
>>91104245
Many such cases, especially with like 30-50% sharpening.
>>
File: PXL_20230125_035807762.jpg (3.12 MB, 4032x3024)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>91105548
You do. I will actually shill Steve from gamers Nexus. And even the other shill jaytwocentz. Both of them debunked your stupid mythes with GPU died and paste.
>>
>>91105567
Not in x8 he won't.
>>
>>91105582
if you paste a gpu the same way you're doing without a heatspreader, how is the paste supposed to spread evenly? it can't. that creates hotspots.
>>
>>91105601
I will show you. Up next. Cooler master gel and a 9600gs
>>
>>91105617
9600gs is a fucking 65 nm die.
compare it to 6700xt that is a 7nm die.
do you see how physics work?
>>
>>91105491
> It's mx-6. I have five tubes of it.
you may drown the whole pcb under it, it's not conductive.
>>
File: PXL_20230125_040103400.jpg (2.16 MB, 4032x3024)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>
It's weird how few people here have any real experience building a PC, yet talk like they know more than anyone else.
>>
threads like this are why i come to /g/
just like the anon that licked his gpu running furmark and prime95
>>
File: PXL_20230125_040536637.jpg (2.82 MB, 4032x3024)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>
File: PXL_20230125_040652557.jpg (2.97 MB, 4032x3024)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
Behold my autism
>>
File: PXL_20230125_040832572.jpg (2.05 MB, 3024x4032)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
Cooler bolted back on
>>
>>91105717
no shit. die area is huge combined with a pathetic cooler with no weight or pressure.
things are different when you're screwing a triple fan cooler to a die 9 times smaller.
>>
File: PXL_20230125_040957090.jpg (2.85 MB, 3024x4032)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
Well look at that. Paste pushed off the side and was already from the pressure of mounting
>>
>>91105737
Anon. It's paste. Paste is not a solid. It's a semi liquid. Paste is squishy. Paste is soft. Paste MOVES. Paste will not crack your die. Does crack from over tightining the screws because you are putting on so much pressure the cold plate is being shoved into the die. That's what cracks. Not soft paste that's so weak it moves from just putting the lightest amount of pressure on it.
>>
File: GPU-Z.jpg (95 KB, 475x705)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>91105486
>>91105567
>>91105600
Tout est bien
>>
>Anon. It's paste. Paste is not a solid. It's a semi liquid. Paste is squishy. Paste is soft. Paste MOVES. Paste will not crack your die. Does crack from over tightining the screws because you are putting on so much pressure the cold plate is being shoved into the die. That's what cracks. Not soft paste that's so weak it moves from just putting the lightest amount of pressure on it.
>>
>>91105791
Anon I don't know how many more photos I have to take for you to realize paste is not a solid it's a semi liquid. Paste will not crack your die. It's able to move off the die because there is nothing that contains the paste to stay directly on the die. Excess is able to freely with little effort be squeezed off the side as the pressure of the cooler is mounted.

Paste is not hard. It's soft and squishy. Pressure from paste isn't what cracks dies. It's the cold plate itself that cracks dies.
>>
File: 1348975345.png (164 KB, 285x313)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>91105743
why are they squiggly
>>
Should I return my gigabyte 4090 and get an msi, asus or FE or wait for 4090ti? Not a lot of coil whine, but lowest I can put the fans is 53% (725 RPM) and it’s triggering my autism even though I can’t hear it. Without playing with the curve the fans rev crazy high on their own from zero when they start. I haven’t touched my PC in 3 days.
>>
>>91104849
7500XT
If they have any shame
But we all know it's gonna be 7600XT don't we
>>
How much of an improvement would the 6800 be over the 6750xt? I feel like there's not really any games I care about for it to matter that much? It's a $50 difference, but I already ordered the 6750xt. Don't know if I should bother with the hassle?
>>
>>91105850
for only 50 shekels extra, you should've gone 6800
>>
>>91105836
Timing control. It slows it down by adding latency.
>>
>>91105900
Ohhh I see thank you
>>
File: png.png (227 KB, 976x645)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>Anon I don't know how many more photos I have to take for you to realize paste is not a solid it's a semi liquid. Paste will not crack your die. It's able to move off the die because there is nothing that contains the paste to stay directly on the die. Excess is able to freely with little effort be squeezed off the side as the pressure of the cooler is mounted.

>Paste is not hard. It's soft and squishy. Pressure from paste isn't what cracks dies. It's the cold plate itself that cracks dies.
>>
>>91103837
it' over for me (rx580 8gb )I can't launch this game, it crash on launch even after I updated the driver
>>
4090 and C2 has to be the most beautiful gaming experience I’ve had in my whole life holy shit. And I probably don’t even have the C2 setup properly yet. Finally HDR is worth turning on, and the colors are just incredible
Only weird thing is that I can’t seem to notice any difference between 60fps and 120fps, played Spiderman earlier at native 4k, no dlss, ultra and max rtx and frames were between 70 ad 90, but it didn’t give me any of that feeling like when you go from 60 to even just 55
Anyway, only thing I need right now is a secondary 4k monitor at either 4:3 or 5:4, anything available on the market?
>>
>>91105850
6800 has more cores, more vram, more infinite cache. how much of an improvement depends on your game.
>>
>>91105916
>>
>>91105844
I have no coil whine, low temps, no problems at all and I get stable 3000MHz without touching voltage.
I have a Gayward Phantom 4090 though.
>>
File: he lost.jpg (36 KB, 470x420)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>91105949
>>
>biggest benchmark slop since cybershit was released today
>the faggots here instead cock gurgle over thermal paste
bazed
>>
>>91105844
Inno3D 4090 here, mine is watercooled so fan noise isn’t an issue. Best decision I’ve ever made, my pc has never been more silent
>>
>>91105954
Is it the default fan curve or have you played with it and how low does it go? My only gripe is that the fans cant go below 53% in afterburner and by default when the card hits 60 it sounds like a jet spooning to 1800 RPM for 10 seconds.
>>
File: coach_hynes.gif (1.18 MB, 300x188)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB GIF
>>91105958
> you son of a mother duck
>>
>tuf 4080 oc only boosts to 2805mhz (2775+30 which seems to be in line with default mode vs oc mode in the tech specs) during first half of graphics test 1 in timespy
>the other half of test 1 and all of test 2 it sits flat at at 2790mhz
>sometimes does short bursts/ticks of 2820 in cp2077 from an otherwise completely flat 2805 for some reason?
what the fuck is its problem?
>>
>>91105983
> Inno3D 4090 here, mine is watercooled
You had no choice desu. The stock air cooler on the Inno is a joke.
>>
>>91105972
its not even slop its like a fucking mud pattie or something
>>
>>91105972
It got 6 out of 10 from fucking IGN despite trying to fill every quota out there.
Let that sink in for a moment.
>>
File: poops on ur gpu.png (310 KB, 469x416)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>91106022
>>
>>91105972
thermal paste and thermal paste application is serious business
>>
>>91106075
and it will get a sequel because it boosted the company esg score
>>
>>91106054
I actually went with Inno3D specifically because they are the only ones to offer an already water cooled card, and I am too much of a pussy to put the waterblock on myself
>>
>>91106076
Lapa pera del lago duria…
>>
>>91106078
The thermal paste market is a trillion dollar business. Think about it. Everything needs thermal paste. Doesn't matter who but if they use electronics they need it.
>>
>>91105943
?4k monitor at either 4:3 or 5:4, anything available on the market?
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-28mq780-b
closest thing I know of. Pixel density is gonna be way higher than the c2 though which might be jarring.
>>
>>91106110
and that's why our autist here do scientific studies to figure out the best paste and how to apply it.
>>
>>91105297
>>91105287
so? my 69xt tuf went up to 400-500w with a smaller cooler and didnt go over 80c
>>
>>91106152
tuf is locked at 350w. can't go higher than that because you need a xtxh gpu and tuf isnt one.
>>
I just ordered a LG 38" ultrawide qhd+ to pair with my 4090. Based or cringe?
>>
>>91106075
KEK
>>
>>91106179
i used mpt and got that fucker up to 600w lol!
>>
>>91106182
>not a ooled
cringe
>>
>>91106182
cringe
get a c2, run it at 3840x1600 from its menu
the resulting surface will be marginally larger (like, an inch wider or so)
you get all the benefits of oled
and it'll be significantly cheaper
>>
>>91106188
you physically can't with only 2 power pins
>>
>>91105836
ayylmaos invented this tech
>>
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/Kogan-40-WQHD-IPS-Ultrawide-144Hz-USB-C-HDR-Gaming-Monitor-3440-x-1440/
cheap ultrawides if ausfags are after one
>>91106217
well i did, twin 8pin can easily go over 1kw u stooge
>>
>>91106229
its 150w per 8 pin connector. 150+150+75 from the pci slot = 375w maximum power available. anything higher will fry your cables or slot.
>>
>>91104490
just use it for stable diffusion. it's more fun than nu-games
>>
>>91105836


It's to keep one track or set of tracks the same length as another.

The speed of light is magnificently high. But. The speed at which we use digital electronics these days is also incredibly high. (Ignoring the fact in copper signals go at about 2/3 the speed of light, rather than the full speed).

So, if you send a 1 on one trace that's 10cm, and a 1 on a trace that's 20cm, at GHz frequencies these one's will noticeably arrive after each other, rather than at the same time.

In parallel tracks that's called (timing/clock) Skewing and can cause data-words to be interpreted wrongly, seeing old zeroes or ones, or already seeing new ones on an old clock edge.

What is also possible is that they are differential pairs, although many of the signals in your picture don't seem to be at first sight. A differential pair at high speed, such as Ethernet or USB2.0 or later can be influenced greatly when one of the signal wires is only slightly shorter than the other, creating signal imbalances. In that case you meander the slightly shorter one a tiny bit, along the one that is the longest.

With differential pairs it's a bit more complicated, since a differential pair also needs to maintain some coupling to each other to maintain their characteristic impedance. All of that put together makes modern digital design quite a big box of artistry. (Added to it that high frequency signals sometimes do very silly things if you try to make them go through a PCB from one side to another and such, but that's a whole other, even more complicated subject).
>>
>>91106275
tldr
>>91105900
>>
>>91106254
jesus christ this board is dumb i ran it for 6mo like that my 390x used even more
>>
>>91106118
Right now I’m using a 27” 4k 16:9 screen, set vertical right next to the C2, but I’m finding it a bit too long and not wide enough for my taste. And I lack the space to use it horizontally. The one you linked could be great, but alas it’s not 4k
>>
>>91103837
Why on earth would I ever get a "gaming PC" for anything other than SD these days?
>>
>>91106300
you're the dumb one as your psu literally cannot output more wattage unless you want to trip ocp.
>>
>>91106300
390x is 275w with 6-pin+8-pin so...what retard?
>>
>>91106001
The fans on my Gayward out of the box don't move at all in idle mode and remain inactive even under light load. Under full load the card is hardly audible.
Since I never fully exploit the TDP I chose the silent mode from the dual BIOS. Hardly ever get 70°C with excessive gayming in silent mode.
My case has 3x140mm Silent Wings fans in a meshed front what certainly helps with cooling the card.
>>
>>91106099
> I am too much of a pussy to put the waterblock on myself
At least you seem to be honest but still...
>>
>>91106229
>kogan
chinkier than hisense or vizio
>>
File: wait_a_sec.png (100 KB, 380x370)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>91106076
You smeared paste onto it to post it twice.
>>
>People here installing their fans the wrong way
>People here can't apply thermal paste correctly or even think about why they should use X paste over Y paste from the spec sheet and need Youtubers to shill them garbage or teach them how to apply it
>People here can't even setup fucking WINDOWS properly

Why did you guys even build a PC? To save money? You didn't save jackshit. You should have bought a prebuilt at this rate.
>>
>>91104159
The dithering transparency is really garbage looking. I know that was a setting they put in for the consoles and left default porting it over to PC.
>>
>>91106028
anyone know what might be causing this?
>>
>>91105844
oh absolutely. not sure why I took the advice from some random guy on african interracial swingers convention to purchase a gigabyte 4090 rather than going with asus.
>>
>>91106182
> fell for the curved meme
I prefer straight 32" 2160p with my 4090 but that's just my personal taste.
24:10 might get you unpleasant experiences with some few games.
>>
>>91106028
>>91106472
normal boosting behavior? gpus settle on a average and will boost higher or lower depending on temp/power/load of other components. timespy will be more heavy than games so the clockspeed drops.
>>
So with that in mind, which brand of thermal paste is the best out there?
>>
>>91104405
Can I plug 80 mm case fans into the gpu fan header or are they the wrong voltage/amps for that?
>>
>>91106528
can't go wrong with mx-6
>>
>>91106482
I suspect you shied at the premium, innit?
>>
>>91105844
>Should I return my gigabyte 4090 and get an msi, asus or FE or wait for 4090ti? Not a lot of coil whine, but lowest I can put the fans is 53% (725 RPM)
Don't get an Asus then. It's lowest operating rpm of 30% is 1000rpm lmao
>>
>>91106204
>>91106214
I should have mentioned, I'm buying the monitor for productivity as well as gaming. So oleds are out of the question unfortunately.

>>91106488
I've been debating if I'd rather go with a 32" 4k but I want to try ultrawide for the extra horizontal space to have multiple windows open. And ultrawide seems kinda cool for casual gayming as well. I just wish there was an ultrawide panel with pixel density similar to 4k. It will probably exist within another year or two so I guess it's something to look forward to consooming.
>>
>>91106528
Thermal Grizzly rules the competition.
>>
File: 1647470006578.jpg (210 KB, 1080x1350)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>2 * 2x16GB w/ tighter timings cheaper than 2x32GB
so what's the catch?
>>
>>91106699
you may not be able to run 4 sticks at the speed because of your cpu controller
>>
>>91106528
mx-6
>>
>>91106652
> but I want to try ultrawide for the extra horizontal space to have multiple windows open
I will get me another 32" 4k for that. Currently use a 24" as secondary. The game is fullscreen on the main and my cheat sheets display on the smaller screen.
>>
File: ideal_setup.jpg (22 KB, 570x431)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>91106652
>I should have mentioned, I'm buying the monitor for productivity as well as gaming

option 1: pic related
should still come close to the cost of the 38inch ultrawide (at least for me, those fuckers are like 1.5k lol)
the oled is wallmounted, and you can move the monitors on the arms in to do work, spread them out to game/watch media on the oled

option 2:
get a samsung neo g7. 32/4k/165hz, miniled with 1000 zones
still cheaper than the ultrawide, much better picture quality (tho not quite as good as the oled, ofc), better ppi too for better text
if you feel you need it, add a secondary monitor (or 2). obviously those can be bog standard 4k/60hz panels which are quite cheap, esp 27s (tho my ocd would definitely force me to go 32 again)
>>
>>91106792
Can't you read?
I properly typed "Thermal Grizzly":
>>91106663
>>
>>91106482
What don’t you like about the gigabyte that you prefer on the asus?
>>
>>91106632
Woah good to know thank you.
>>
File: amd tools.png (14 KB, 410x430)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>91106632
>>91105844
>>91106482
Nvidia can't adjust rpm speed in their drivers? lmao.
>>
>>91106811
42/48" is too big on a desk. That's a living room TV.
Even with my 32" I tend to lean back in my gay more chair.
I rather have 2 x 32" next to each other.
>>
>>91106882
42/48 is doable
not ideal, but MANY people have done it with no issues
especially 42
especially if you also wall mount, which gains you like 10-15cm extra distance and therefore a small reduction in FOV

considering that the wait for 32/4k oled appears to not be nearing an end any time soon, its not at all insane to go this route
>>
>>91106324
i had a 1kw psu you stupid faggot?
>>91106347
nou!
>>
>>91106811
> samsung neo g7
If it wasn't fucking curved. Only ultrawides make sense curved.
>>
>>91106663
I've heard that kryonaut is great for 6 months but then starts to fail and requires repasting.

>>91106798
>>91106811
My problem is that I cannot fit any other monitors alongside a 32". I can fit a dual 27" setup which I tried but it was uncomfy not having a monitor centered in front of me.

I did consider the neo g7, but I've been scared off by the apparently shit qc from Samsung. I think I'll just go with the ultrawide for a while and see how I like it. I ordered from Costco so I'm not limited to a 1 month window to return it.
>>
>>91106431
we've had iq drain since the 90's and even over the last 500 or so years people have been getting stupider
>>
5090 and 8900 xtx coming next year or did current gen launch so late we might get them in 2025?
>>
>>91106948
what about 32 lanscape center (as centered as you can manage)+ 27 portrait on the side?
should be significantly less wide than 2x27 both landscape
>>
https://videocardz.com/driver/amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-23-1-2-rx-7900
2mo after launch and look at all the known issues...
>>
>>91106977
They're both on two year cadence. Only thing launching next year is intlel pottymage
>>
>>91106948
> I've heard that kryonaut is great
Yeah it is.
>>
>>91106994
don't forget the drivers literally melting the cards also
>>
File: 1674625686075.jpg (86 KB, 1078x760)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>91106994
>>
>>91107023
i noticed drivers get alot worse on my 69xt since may, sold it in december glad i did.
What should i get to replace it? 4090s and 4080s are starting to drop back down to below msrp so i might get something mid year. not touching amd again this gen was gonna get a 79xtx but dogshit
>>91107036
ah
>>
File: sy_c34_interior2.jpg (85 KB, 1190x670)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>91106948
>I cannot fit any other monitors alongside a 32".
ok skipper
>>
>>91107049
comfy
>>
>>91107041
are you the same giga retard that said he put 600w on two 8-pins?
>>
>>91107082
whats wrong with it? worked absolutely fine the card was around 350-400w normally but would spike to around 500-600w
>>
>>91107098
lol
lmao
thought you were the same stupid person
>>
>>91106987
Unfortunately that wouldn't work either due to some floating shelves I built that start at 24" above the desk. I could move them up to accommodate but it would completely fuck up the aesthetics. Pic related is pretty similar to what I built.
>>
>>91107117
well, you're fucked then
i still vote neo g7 tho
the picture quality gains going from plain ips with 1000:1 contrast all the way to miniled are insane
well worth losing some horizontal space
i dunno dude, maybe do a 24incher secondary in portrait, or just skip the secondary altogether
32 is pretty spacious by itself
>>
>>91107098
you can't force 600w on a tuf card the power delivery doesnt physically support it.
>>
>>91107117
> pic
how can I hold my claustrophobia?
>>
>>91107208
Nigga what? This isn't anything like any of those cuck closets posted here.
>>
>>91107216
I wouldn't even know where to put my xxl long legs under that small board and the wall underneath it would be blacked from my feet hitting it. And the chair looks like torture after even 5 min sitting and where would my speakers go and no window in front to relax my eyes by looking outside once in a while...
I would feel incarcerated like that.
>>
File: study-room.jpg (69 KB, 660x535)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>91107208
I "fixed' a pc once that was put like this, it's extremely uncomfortable, alcove like this is an oven and a dust collector.
The best way is to put you desk at the center of the room or in front of a window, the feeling of volume and nothing pressing on you is irreplaceable. I can't even sit in front of a wall anymore. Something like pic feels the best.
>>
>>91107174
what a load of shit the readings where around 550w peak>>91107113
fuck this board is dumb today go jerk off to your gay shit apple crap
>>
https://wccftech.com/m2-mac-mini-base-model-single-nand-flash-slower-read-write-speeds/
LOL THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF APPLE CRAAAAAAAAP
>>
https://wccftech.com/forspoken-pc-benchmark-test-checking-out-frame-rate-and-load-times-for-the-first-directstorage-game/
FARTSHITEN first direct storage vidya
>>
>>91107353
I don't think you understand how power spikes work. It is in PSU design, you do not need to accommodate the card up to it's spikes, PSU cares only about continuous.
>>
>>91107378
kinda meh result considering every screenshot is empty. but again it's the shittiest team at SQ, they have no idea how anything works and never made a good game.
>>
>>91107378
Why the hell are people acting like 93fps at effectively 1440p res on a 4090 is a good thing? Final Fantasy 7 Remake not only looks better but runs at 144fps at 4k.
>>
>>91107437
the point is loading times.
>>
>>91107350
That's a much nicer room. I would put the desk facing the window so that daylight doesn't fall on my display and it would almost look like I have it here. In case of too bright daylight I would just lower the roller blind a little more.
>>
>>91107443
FF7R is load once and then it never loads again unless it's a new chapter. I couldn't care less if your save file loads in 2 seconds if games before on a SSD loads in 5-7 seconds.
>>
>>91107478
FF7R has two rooms and 3 characters, of course it doesn't need to load
>>
>>91107488
You can say it makes the game more fluid than forspoken because the game naturally blends its loading with gameplay without ever interrupting. Unlike forspoken that still has loading screens awkwardly grinding the game to a halt placed with black screens and images but hey at least it loads in 2 seconds! Distracting as hell and it's a step back from last gen.
>>
Next
>>91107609
Next
>>91107609
Next
>>91107609
>>
>>91107518
Isn't it also running on PS4? That would explain why its like that.
>>
>>91103837
is this what happens when women and PoC take over the videogame industry?
>>
>>91107996
It's only for next gen consoles.



[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.