[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1669333423872.jpg (148 KB, 994x271)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
Any thoughts?
https://youtu.be/z6ep308goxQ
Basically summarizing:
>japan websites have a lot of sovl because they didn't adapt the globohomo trends of smartphones in the same way the west did it.
>>
File: 1644118465915.jpg (135 KB, 612x611)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>vocal fry female
Sorry, OP, I can't
>>
>>89945777
>hostinger
bitch don't go around throwing slurs
>>
3 minutes into the video, nothing of substance only wondering about her own perceptions
>>
>>89945777
jap web design is utter chaos. Try browsing 5ch or something it's a nightmare. There's a comfy middle ground between shit and globohomoshit.
>>
I'm not going to sit through the whole video, but does this zoomoid goblina eventually figure out that the western internet used to look like this too, and that the reason Japan's doesn't is because it's not pozzed to the same degree yet?
>>
>>89945777
Checked, and based.
The problem is that mobile-first is taught and pushed, but often becomes mobile-only in practice because mobile and desktop costs more money.
>>
File: 1652810480445.png (49 KB, 1200x800)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>89946680
to be honest, only normies watch 5ch from browser
we use application or script like 4channer
>>
>>89945777
Japan websites don't have SOVL as you call it, they are like that because 99% of Japanese population are COOMSUMERIST, all of those busy as fuck Japanese websites is all trying to sell stupid shit that wouldn't fly over here, but there they will eat like goyslop
>>
>>89947704
Nonsense. USA is literally mutt golem consoomers.
Japanese care for their things, everything sold on websites is in perfect state, whereas broken stuff are much more common in ebay due to pig usa culture.
>>
>>89947730
Japs will literally buy the same game 3 times to "support" creators and create shrines of whatever media is popular over there, they are exactly the type of COOMSUMERIST American corps would love to have here in the USA
>>
>>89949002
yes but japanese have a high trust society. if someone started scamming them like a jew authorities jakuza or someone would get you or the whole country would collapse.Im not saying it doesnt happen sometimes but if everything was out to get you like it is in the US japan would be a third world country.
>>
>>89945777
fucking hate the YOUTUBE VOICE man. shit website filled with low-iq consoomer rats.
>>
all their websites are even more ad ridden than any site here
>>
File: it_shouldve_been_me.jpg (88 KB, 940x668)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>89945777
>R18 is ded
>forced to use dmm.co.jp
>shit don't even have a dedicated categories page
>>
>>89947704
but they don't use spa frameshits so SOVL
>>
File: 11.jpg (1.02 MB, 2240x1680)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>89945777
Something I realized while traveling. The countries with the ugliest street signs have the ugliest web designs. No wonder these countries are controlled by companies.
>>
woman and fat. fuck you
>>
honestly the websites remind me of early 2000s designs, i like it
>>
>>89945777
She is trying so hard to be fun and quirky lol and just ends up overdoing it hard. But unfortunately this is what works on normie Millenials.
I will never know what the content of the video is.
>>
>>89949676
you mean usa
>>
>>89949932
>She is trying so hard to be fun and quirky lol and just ends up overdoing it hard. But unfortunately this is what works on normie Millenials.

This kind of stuff is like dragging me over rocks, I want to add in sponsorblock stuff to skip every single one, but I don't give enouhg of a shit.
>>
>>89947703
what program is this?
>>
>>89945777
Does this thot have an onlyfans?
>>
>>89945777
It's cultural you retards (including the person in the video), they don't trust websites with too much whitespace and too little info as it appears like it's hiding something, plus the information density of Japanese is huge so they expect tons of info without needing to move the page. Learn to UI
>>
>>89949388
Kek
>>
>>89945777
What is that creature?
>>
>what's wong?
>>
>>89945827
thanks for the warning
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (77 KB, 786x445)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>Women in tech
>AHHHH THERE'S TOO MUCH TEXT ON THE SCREEN
>>
As always, a woman of color does something no /g/tard on this board will ever be capable of doing (large scale automated analysis of websites in all countries), and all you chuds can comment ITT is "wahmen bad" and "utub bibeo bad!!!"
>>
>>89950144
i think its chmate on gplay
>>
>>89949676
>No wonder these countries are controlled by companies
Are you a North Korean?
>>
>>89949676
this is true for south korea only
samsung grew so big that if they fail south korea essentially go into default the next day
>>
>>89951072
The neets here don't like to be reminded of their shortcomings.
>i bet my g-gentoo install is more r-riced than her mac shit!
>>
>>89945777
What a dumb annoying cunt
>>
>>89945777
Holy shit she made something vaguely interesting boring as fuck.
>>
>15 minutes
Ain't got no time for that shit.
>>
I miss when youtube was cluttered and had stars instead of likes and video responses. When I see someone complain about one of the popular websites changing their design I just can't give a fuck, because what people had before that was already another unwelcome change after another unwelcome change. The only legitimate complaint for new youtube for instance is that on toasters the background ambient light thingamajig in dark mode it might cause high CPU usage. The rest doesn't really look that much worse. It's shit, it was shit, it was shit before being shit.
>>
>>89951089
That looks like it's on PC though.
>>
>>89945777
Chinese websites are worse than both
>>
Why are her biceps thicker than mine, is this a tranny?
>>
>>89949676
fag
>>
>>89950762
Gem IAS
>>
>>89945777
(her) part at 8 minutes about fonts and glyphs is not correct. she is looking at that issue through a western lense and cannot see that the chinese, japanese and koreans who have that issue have figured out over a few thousand years that they don't need capitalisation for design.
>>
>>89949676
>pic
soul
>>
>>89945827
GOOD FUCKING LORD I HATE THE AMERICAN METROSEXUAL ATTITUDE SO MUCH IT'S UNREAL
>>
>>89945777
she really thinks a lot of herself. she is her audience.
>>
>>89950762
that's funny, i barely understand how to use leddit without the old.subdomain
>>
>>89952743
Maybe you should lift more.
>>
>>89954381
I just want to bend her over a table and violently pound her tight puffy cunt so hard she gets put in her rightful place wbu anon?
>>
>>89954904
I want someone cuter.
>>
File: 1669388498619.gif (73 KB, 320x312)
73 KB
73 KB GIF
>>89946680
You have not seen chaos, boi
https://lingscars.com/
>>
>>89955587
>https://lingscars.com/
holy soul
>>
>>89955587
Holy shit, that felt like I was back in 2001 for a brief moment, that feels like some of those number stations meant for sleeper agents.
>>
File: ireland.gif (48 KB, 895x550)
48 KB
48 KB GIF
>>89955587
Actually fun website. Reading about her missile truck and playing The grooviest Scalextric rip off with realistic UK backgrounds.
>>
>>89949932
>She is trying so hard to be fun and quirky lol and just ends up overdoing it hard
Oh so every woman since 2010?
>>
>>89955587
there is no chaos here, everything is placed with some sort of purpose
>>
File: 1669400156115.png (816 KB, 1049x1464)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
>>89956238
Remember when browsing the web was FUN?
>>
File: shit.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>89945777
why does this bitch look like bonnie from toy story with normie syndrome?
>>
File: 1665929548082.png (2.73 MB, 1920x1080)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>89949676
You are right
>>
File: 1657952124912.png (613 KB, 600x375)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
>>89959751
>>
this bitch is so anoying
>>
>>89950144
sorry for the late, its Siki
used Electron and supports other anonymous boards like futaba, open etc
>>
>>89945777
japan and china both still uses WAP aesthetic ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Application_Protocol )
WAP sites or wapsites are basically lighter version of the web targeted for devices with only 512kb-8mb memory (back when webdev was sovl or even mobile game dev were all retro-aesthetic)
yahoo jp even isn't bloated as it's accessible to their T9 dumbphones.
only google abandoned sovl, it used to have WAP stuff too and even had a proxy (currently now AMP) for making websites appear as wapsites (now for smartphones) kinda like the OG opera browser (before losing sovl to chromium reskin).
yes, google killed the sovl of (mobile) web, as much as chromium's UI looks like old school and never changed that much.
>>
>>89949676
you call that ugly when you have lgbtqia+nigger propaganda on the road, on the streets (rallying), and on your children's netflix subscription and youtube music.
>No wonder these countries are controlled by companies.
better than countries controlled by a literal cult it's almost anime minus the anime protagonist.
>>
>>89954858
>lift
I bet I can beat your scrawny ass Im lean as fuck, she's a fat fuck and so are you.
>>
>>89954423
This, new layout constantly lags and readjusts elements
>>
>>89945777
That's a really ugly woman. Is she a tranny?
>>
File: 20220825_020223.jpg (16 KB, 514x533)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>89955587
Ill be honest with you anon.
That page is extremely usable compared to the average tech selling website here. I was browsing Lenovo and Samsung looking for a decent tablet and its pages upon pages of scrolling past niggers and cunts while they downplay displaying actually useful information in hopes you get confused and buy something.
>>
I'm like 30 seconds in.
Does she have Bell's palsy?
>>
>>89949073
this comment says otherwise, japan is a low trust society and they will stay quiet when taken advantage of instead of complaining:

"@rizkytanrian6092
22 hours ago
As a UI/UX and web designer in Japan, I can tell you based on my experience is that many of the reasons are due to the many Japanese companies are obliged to print everything as it is required by the law, or they’re afraid that someone will make a claim if they didn’t write it clear enough, and there’s something about the language that makes writing a formal sentence seems longer ....

But back to culture, does culture affect this a lot? Yes, because often times the companies tends to provide most information possible to avoid customer claims that are dreaded by Japanese business, and some law that also made in order to avoid those claims. One of my friend who studied Japanese social capital mentioned that Japanese people, despite of its welcoming and harmonious attitude actually have a low trust and very suspicious of others (or in this case a website). A website that does not provide detailed information often gets avoided, and on it also made worse by the fact that many Japanese business actually plays in grey area in a very unfair manner, often time they will trick you with colorful or encouraging title, but makes the fine print complicated to exploit you, even big companies that people used most of the time (several greatest offenders are mobile network, insurance, housing, etc), now imagine if they don’t write the fine print… a society where people don’t usually voice their opinion will tends to just be quiet when exploited, would instead be extra careful to choose website with more information than less, and when they voice their opinion they would be gets too petty that the company would instead write the details to avoid that. It is that circular relationship in Japan that shape the country’s website."
paraphrased to fit poast lmit
>>
>>89945827
this is a pretty specific thing i didn't know i hated
thanks anon
>>
What is with the influx of women "data scientists" on youtube that cropped up ~2 years ago?
>>
>>89964671
They got replaced by AI, so now they are getting neerbux from making videos.
>>
>>89964635
look up "valley accent" and "uptalk" to crystalize the hatred
>>
>>89964711
>>89964635
>>89945827
bitching about vocal fry is the most reddit thing I can think of.
>>
>>89964727
t. Kim Kardashian
>>
>>89950013
saw vocal fry warning, tried to watch still but this shit was irritating. I stopped about a minute in and then took a look at the rest of the channel. I know this is a generalization but I can't help but notice how content aimed at the normalfag market is made in a very specific way. I noticed that whenever they're talking to the camera there's constant cuts (audio may or may not be synced or cut) like they cant say more than a few words without editing and I just find it annoying, also I feel like as if they're trying to make it relatable and super quirky OMG like they're my friend and we're buddy buddies and I guess this kind of shit works on normalfags but it's just irritating to watch. And then I realized how pathetic the audience really is because they're so deprived of genuine human interaction, that they'd watch these people and delude themselves into thinking they are friends, just look at the comments and how and how they are on a first name basis or some shit its creepy. kinda funny saying this on the website for anonymous retards but i know some of you are self aware aware lmao. Check out the content for the new york pizza video if you can stomach it, this shows what I'm trying to say. It's difficult to quantify these types of things because I find it so irritating and stupid but it is there and I don't wanna waste more mental energy. What do you guys think?
>>
>>89964635
>this is a pretty specific thing i didn't know i hated
In the 90s and 2000s NPR used to be good, some time during the 2010s every fucking asshole woman they put on that fucking radio network has the vocal fry, even the bug man guests they invite on have vocal fry. Another thing I started noticing is people dropping the t in words everywhere. Dea'hs instead of deaths.
>>
>>89947656
But then why is every website such a pain to use on mobile? All website are shit. Show me one that isn't.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.