[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: audiobooks.png (123 KB, 485x706)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>Spotify now has audiobooks

Spotify just gets better and better, I feel sorry for all those that dislike subscription based services because they perceive it as "goyslop".

This will probably mean the end for sites like audible as well, I think that's based personally
>>
>>89936276
>mp3 files with timestamps took a decade to be made available
the absolute state of adtech
>>
Still using AntennaPod.
>>
>>89936276
>Audiobooks
Literally for people too lazy to use their eyes on a book
>>
>>89936276
I've been listening to audiobooks on Spotify for years.
>>
>I feel sorry for all those that dislike subscription based services
If I wanted to stream something I'd host it myself. Fuck your subscriptions, fuck your ads, and fuck your garbage content.
>>
>>89936276
>audiobooks
imagine needing someone to read you a book because you're too retarded to do so by yourself
>>
>>89938015
Maybe not the best idea while running, cycling, or driving.
>>
>>89940174
don't know about you, but i cannot focus on someone talking while doing just about anything else
>>
>>89936276
the only reason why im using spotify is for discover weekly. i dont want podcasts or audiobooks shoved down my throat.
>>
>>89936276
>you will own nothing
>>
literally kill yourself, unreal that nu/g/ unironically has people supporting paying to rent media
>>
>>89936276
>not having an automated Lidarr instance with a three-digit TB server that downloads so much music your ISP is begging you to stop and you'll never have enough hours in your life to listen to everything and you just listen to the same Nujabes album 99% of the time anyways

Also audiobooks are gay.

>>89940087
based
>>
>>89936276
Stupid feature bloat. If I wanted to listen to audiobooks, I'd go to a service that provides that.
>>
>>89940266
I bet you focus below the average while reading too.
>>
>>89940534
true, I often find myself "reading" without actually taking it in and have to go back up to half a page at times
>>
>>89940471
>audiobooks are gay.
most stories are better enjoyed narrated because most writers don't make full use of the mediums and write books that could have worked much better as oral stories
>>
>>89940488
>feature bloat
peak /g/
>>
>>89941366
Am I wrong?
>>
>>89941395
if adding a feature that people use and enjoy is "feature bloat" then I'm scared to see what software you consider good. Adding audiobooks is such a logical extension of an audio streaming service that I'm surprised they hadn't implemented it sooner
>>
I use Apple Music instead. They offer WAVs instead of shitty mp3s. You know know that Spotify downgraded from 320kbps bitrate to 160kbps, right?
>>
>>89940708
Books that don’t follow shit like poetic meters or make proper use of language are trash
>>
>>89941616
>downgraded from 320kbps bitrate to 160kbps
I bet it's not mp3 though is it
>>
>>89941616
>Apple music offers WAVs
That is both unlikely and would be extremely wasteful. More likely they do something like FLAC or ALAC, some type of lossless compression if not just high quality AAC.

I use YouTube Music currently for /vt/ music along with the normal stuff. The YouTube app stuff is just a bonus, but I don’t like paying Google.
>>
I think that rutracker and library membership are free and i would rather spend my 5$ on a cup of coffee

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.