[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ManifestV3.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>
if I tell you they'll stop me, but just keep an eye on the news coming out of santa clara ;)
>>
By using Firefox
>>
>he uses a browser controlled by the biggest advertising company on earth
>he is going to be forced to consume ads as they strip him of his adblockers
lol
lmao
can we laugh at chromies for a minute here
>>
i moved all my shit from edge to firefox last week, dont even care that we're still months away from the change. i don't mind it so far, although it is a bit slower.
>>
>>88765074
By using Trannyfox
>>
>>88765074
by just stop using internet
>>
File: 1642938728060.jpg (960 KB, 2000x2000)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>88765114
>can we laugh at chromies for a minute here
yes, we can.
>>
>>88765159
This.
>>
File: 1892731.png (69 KB, 256x256)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>88765074
>How Are You Preparing For Manifest V3?
my browser of choice wont support it
>>
By continuing to never touch the AIDS that is any Chrome-based browser, something I have done since the fucking thing was first conceived in the depths of hell itself.
>>
>>88765074
I use Brave.
>>88765299
Why do you not like Chromium as a base?
>>
I'm out of the loop. What is this and why should I care?
>>
>>88765109
woah! ive never seen a post glow like that!
>>
>>88765074
it'll probably be fine to keep using ungoogled chromium, people always find a way. if not, by the time manifest v3 actually happens, firefox might actually have usable site compatibility. the only reason i'm not using it right now is because they broke context menu ricing on the stable channel.
>>
>>88765112
I thought Firefox was dead. People on /g/ always complained about the colored hair people ruining it. What changed?
>>
>>88765399
its still just firefox. actualy normal people dont care about their politics, its a just a web browser after all. it became pretty fast 2 years ago or so, but that doesnt really matter anyway if u have a reasonable pc, and a non-third world internet connection
>>
By just using Trannyfox for another decade.

>>88765399
Colored hair people control Chrome/Chromium too, but somehow people still believe Google is a conservative Christian white man company and not the quintessential woke behemoth and I still have no idea how such a thought pattern is even possible given the plethora of freely accessible information about Google's politics.
>>
File: superior-choice.png (1.53 MB, 2000x2000)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>88765074
i don't use an adblocker.
>>
>>88765344
They're getting rid of adblockers in chrome.
>>
File: xRL0.png (1.18 MB, 1118x976)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>88765074
I'll switch from Ungoogled Chromium to a fork of Firefox that doesn't have Mozilla pozzware built-in. Either Librewolf or Waterfox I guess. Until manifest V3 is required I'll still be on Ungoogled Chromium. Maybe it won't be so bad and it'll stick around in dev builds for a couple years longer.
>>
File: 1663905324516.jpg (18 KB, 360x280)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I migrated to Furryfox, at this point Chromium browsers are my boot loader for Google Suite's crap and some shitty stuff like Figma, Lucidchart or Teams for work. If i knew about an extension that let me open links on Firefox from Chromium's context menu, i'd use it.
MAYBE, i'll try luck with the newest build of a V2 compatible Chromium that is still around for that use case, but i don't know if is possible to portabilize those like you can do with FF.
>>
>>88765433
>>88765537
So Firefox isn't compromised anymore? What changed? I thought they tanked it on purpose.
>>
i like reading this board because i have no idea wtf any of you are talking about 95% of the time. The literal FUCK is Manifest V3 and what possible practical use could it have for the average person
>>
>>88766086
It's not that Firefox isn't compromised. The competition just happens to be more compromised. Stick with the lesser evil when you can.
>>
>>88765687
i dont usually remember how shitty is internet without an adblocker, just when someone tries to show me a youtube video and ads keep popping, but the other day ive restarted my pc and adblocker did not load while recovering many tabs and i experienced the same sites i usually visit and the experience was utter crap, 50% of the ads are straight up scams and they use a lot of the screen and a lot of resources too.
>>
>>88765074
I don't
https://brave.com
>>
>>88765745
>>thinking the """"""""forks"""""""" aren't also compromised by George Soros
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/03/study-ranks-edges-default-privacy-settings-the-lowest-of-all-major-browsers/
>Firefox: includes identifiers in telemetry transmissions that can link these things over time (telemetry is on by default but can be disabled). Firefox also opens a persistent websocket for push notifications. The websocket, the researcher said, is linked to a unique identifier and can potentially be used for tracking that’s not easily disabled
>>
>>88766086
everything else you run it on- or alongside it- hard or software- is probably more compromised
>>
>>88766086
It is, see >>88766253
>>
>>88766140
>Stick with the lesser evil when you can.
>*open Firefox*
>"HI WOULD YOU LIKE TO DONATE TO NIGGERS AND TRANNIES"
>Telemetry everywhere
>can't even disable it with policies.json or user.json anymore because "it's just too hard to maintain" so they remove the option completely.
Great suggestion.
>>
>>88765074
Don't care, pi-hole blocks all the ads.
>>
>>88765399
That's still a problem, but we're weighing downsides here and Firefox comes out on top when Manifest 3 kicks in.
>>
>>88766294
That opens once. You close it and it never shows up again.
You're talking as if dozens and dozens of other open-source apps don't ask for donations or have donation buttons/links.
As if that were a huge crime. Go download Chrome then and get anal raped daily by it.
>>
>>88766336
>Don't care, pi-hole blocks all the ads.
Ha, not even close.
>>
>>88765074
windows 7, firefox 69. simple as.
>>
>>88766374
seethe
>>
>>88765399
>dead
Sure is dead, if you are incapable of using css to make it not look like a giant steaming pile of shit. So just to normalfags who want to think they are tech gods really.
>>
>>88765074
I added a bookmark to download trannyfox.
>>
>>88766383
How am I the one seething?
I use a pi-hole. I just use ublock as well because pi-hole isn't sufficient on its own.
>>
>>88766417
LibreWolf acts exactly the way I remember FF working back in the day. And with no shitlib propaganda baked in.

I use Brave as well, but I don't know if it will be affected by these changes.
>>
>>88766426
Brave shields mops up whatever pi-hole doesn't catch, either way there's no reason to care about the MV3 transition.
>>
>>88765074
If it sucks on desktop I'll just use Ff ESR with ublock. On my shitdroid Samsung I will use still femboychrome and on my iPad trapfari.
>>
>>88766253
Edge runs the antivirus of Windows which is cloud-based. So no surprises there.
>>
>>88766467
So what is the point of this conversation?
Admitting you were wrong?
>>
>>88766372
They ask for donations for their own development, their own developers. Not nigger and tranny (((charities))).
>b-b-b-but it just happens once
Lmfao, yeah no
>>
>>88765334
>Why do you not like Chromium as a base?
No source code, only distributed as a binary. Phones home to Google at the rendering engine level. Binary blobs. DRM. Shall I go on? Oh, and you know, manifest V3 ending all extension-based adblocking. Have fun with that you stupid cocksucking faggot.
>I use Brave hurrr durrr it's a privacy browser!
Chromium with a cryptominer. Lmfao. Is there anything more hopelessly retarded than fucking zoomers? Anything at all?
>>
>>88765721
>They're getting rid of adblockers in all chromium-based browsers because this is part of the Blink engine and cannot be changed or mitigated
FTFY
>>
>>88766426
Try using more than list and updating them more than once every 5 years you fucking retard. DNS level blocking stop everything except YouTube ads, and if you're not using FreeTube/LibreTube you're a double fucking retard anyway.
>>
>>88766584
>They ask for donations for their own development
what's bad about this
>>
>>88766187
I. don't. care.
i used to use fuckinf hardened furryfox with pihole and ublock. went full circle to google chrome on freebsd
>>
By using PiHole
>>
>>88765074
2 years of constant bitching and /g/ didn't make a chromium fork with ubo integrated into the request pipeline
> the absolute state of /g/

Also:
> le shill lion pays you for watching ads!
If I have to watch ads anyway I will do it to support the sites I love.
> use trannyfox
> ywnbaw
Rent free
>>
>>88766294
/thread
>>
>>88766664
>DNS level blocking stop everything except YouTube ads
Absolute retard.
>>
>>88765132
same here, the only feature I miss is the ability to add any search engine to the address bar, in ff it's severely castrated
>>
>>88766824
you must be 18 to post here
>>
>>88766605
So a bunch of schizobabble then, as expected.
>>
the only reason I'm using chrome right now is because youtube runs like shit on trannyfox
if chrome starts being a bigger nigger than it already is I'll find some other browser
I'm not a faggot cultist, just using what works best
>>
>>88765074
I got rid of my internet/phone addiction and I'm happier than ever. Visit this sad place once in a blue moon, download some books and movies, and that's that. I only use my phone to message my wife/parents/friends, and that's that. Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
I'd rather kms than use trannyfox. Although in that case I turn into a trannyfox user either ways
>>
>>88765399
The fact that it didn't die and a bunch of people still use it? You think this crabs in a bucket armpit of a board has a meaningful pull on web browsing trends of all things? Seriously? If every single anon here switched off firefox mozilla likely wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>88767995
right click in the url bar when on a search page and add it to ff. then in settings you can edit it.
>>
>>88766584
What chud brainrot does to a motherfucker
>>
File: hemphewculf21.jpg (47 KB, 568x568)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>88768129
Congrats on kicking the habit mate. You went from using it every day to using it every day
>>
>>88766605
You don't know much about what you're talking about, considering the errors you've made, yet you insult me. I asked a question in good faith knowing I know more than you judging from your original reply.
>Anything at all?
Nothing that I can think of. I certainly was amused. You can stop typing now and embarrassing yourself, young man.
>>
>>88766605
Chromium is open-source. Google is not worried about this, they know nobody else has the developing power they have. The other browsers will continue to copy and paste the Chromium code. Google accepts that some browsers will not have binary blobs from them and in exchange they can shape the web.
>>
>>88765399
>>88766086
Do you have a single original thought or do you blindly believe memes?
>>
>>88768151
I see, I'll try that when I get home
>>
>>88765074
I switched to Firefox. It's way better than Chrome both on PC and phone.
>>
>>88766485
How am I wrong? There's no need for MV2 to have perfect adblocking. Adblocking can be done via pi-hole + built in blocker.
>>
File: 20220921_082220.jpg (65 KB, 537x537)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>88765399
>listening to /g/
bro this is shitposting central and tranime board
>>
>>88765387
>by the time manifest v3 actually happens
That'll be in three months.
>>
While this is kind of bad, there are other browsers out there and most normies I know already don't use an adblocker and that's assuming they browse the web on anything other than mobile anyway.
Considering how much you all say you hate Chrome, I don't see why any of you care anyway. Just keep using whatever you're using.
>>
>>88765112
Brave
>>
>>88766584
>They ask for donations for their own development, their own developers.
You have no idea where the money ends up.
Still, simply close the tab once in your life and don't give them any money. Crazy, I know.
The software itself is good and that's all that matters.
>>
>>88765334
>>88766203
>>88766467
>>88771979
>>88766451
>brave
You guys are so fucking gullible.
>>
What's there to "prepare"? What's the need to make this thread daily? If and when ad blockers stop working, I'll change the browser. Until then, fuck off.
>>
File: 1539176839465.jpg (254 KB, 900x1200)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>88766253
>>thinking the """"""""forks"""""""" aren't also compromised by George Soros
everything is pozzed
everything is botnet
everything is soros funded
there's no escape. the best you can do is use something that infringes your privacy in the least way possible. no it's not ideal but preventing at least some of your shit being sent to big corpos is better than preventing nothing
>>
>>88772628
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/03/study-ranks-edges-default-privacy-settings-the-lowest-of-all-major-browsers/
>The rankings were revealed in a research paper published by Trinity College Dublin computer scientist Doug Leith. He analyzed and rated the privacy provided by Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Brave, Edge, and Yandex. Specifically, the study examined the browsers’ sending of data—including unique identifiers and details related to typed URLs—that could be used to track users over time. The findings put the browsers into three categories with Brave getting the highest ranking, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari receiving a medium ranking, and Edge and Yandex lagging behind the rest.
>>
>>88772851
The only valid point is the websocket that MIGHT hypothetically track something.
And that's a much lesser evil that all the Brave's drawbacks.
If you're too fussed about it, just disable it, but it's not a real issue.
>>
>>88773060
>And that's a much lesser evil that all the Brave's drawbacks.
Which drawbacks?
>If you're too fussed about it, just disable it, but it's not a real issue.
How?
>>
>>88765112
For me, it's Firefox Nightly
>>
>>88765074
Using Brave or Firefox
>>
If Firefox becomea the only viable ad blocking browser then websites will simply ban Firefox. It's the same reason why Brave doesn't put its name in the user agent.
>>
>>88765074
>eating lunch
>receptionist comes up to ask me to reset password
>"Did you hear?"
>what
>"Google's gonna make ads worse with chrome"
>stare at her for several seconds because this is the type of woman who would unironically look for an any key
>at one point she insisted her laptop was broken because the kettle cable for the brick was loose
>I mean... there's always Firefox.
>"That still works?"
>ya
>"Oooh. Thank you."
>have had quarter of the office come in at some point this week to verify Firefox and unlock will still work
I think we'll be fine.
>>
>>88765074
i have openwrt on my router with adblock
>>
>>88765074
I already finished preparing by switching to Firefox. I also started learning how to use Firefox's container tabs and I don't know how I lived without this feature before. When is Chrome going to catch up?
>>
>>88774809
Isn't brave pozzed?
>>
>>88775874
https://github.com/brave/
where is the pozzed section of code?
>>
>>88768168
ywnbaw
>>
>>88766383
go to bed
>>88766426
case in point
>>
>>88768039
kys
>>
>>88765074
I'll switch to firefox, it's worse than chrome performance wise but meh, I can live with it.
>>
File: brave_logo_stacked.png (52 KB, 1139x1139)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
Manifest v3?
>>
>>88773158
>Which drawbacks?
https://www.kevinmuldoon.com/do-not-use-brave-browser/
https://www.zdnet.com/article/brave-browser-the-bad-and-the-ugly/
https://cryptobriefing.com/basic-attention-token-rebounds-despite-brave-autofill-controversy/
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/06/07/brave-browser-caught-adding-its-own-referral-codes-to-some-cryptcurrency-trading-sites/
A quick search.

>How?
I don't know. Do your fucking homework.
It's irrelevant for your privacy. If you care that much, investigate.
>>
>>88765074
I use SRWare Iron, its a Chrome fork. I'm still able to use all kinds of extensions and add-ons. I barely see ADs anymore with noscript, youtube ad-block, and a user agent spoofer to get past cloudflare's retarded "unsafe browser" block.
>>
>>88765074
by using brave
>>
>>88779906
see >>88780292

>>88779863
>it's worse than chrome performance wise but meh
Since Firefox got all those multi-threaded improvements a few years back, I've never had a moment where I felt Chrome was faster in real-world usage.
>>
>>88765112
this
>>
>>88780340
>I've never had a moment where I felt Chrome was faster in real-world usage.
I don't know, everytime I reload the 4chan catalogue it has to wait like 1 second and then it auto refreshes, while in chrome it's instant. Same with image loading, firefox just takes more time to render the whole png while chrome is instant.
Youtube also takes a while to load the thumbnails and start the video.
>>
>>88780385
Just tested and 4chan catalogue loads instantly on both, thumbnails included. Note that when 4chanX is enabled, it's a bit slower.
Youtube is probably coded in a way to run worse on non Chrome browsers. They're dirty like that. Try changing the user agent to impersonate a Chrome browser.
>>
>>88780340
>Since Firefox got all those multi-threaded improvements a few years back, I've never had a moment where I felt Chrome was faster in real-world usage.
sorry tranny but some of us are using computer that are not 10 years old and can actually notice performance difference between Firecucks and Chrome
all the benchmarks confirm it and you can check timings for most popular site, side by side, and see it yourself
>>
>>88765112
fpbp
>>
>>88780538
>Note that when 4chanX is enabled, it's a bit slower.
There is no other way to browse this site. Also why is that I wonder. It's 2022, soon 2023, there is no excuse. Internet speeds are fast, M2 drives exist and powerful cpus and gpus are available for everyone, howcome firefox is still slower loading trivial stuff like this?

>Youtube is probably coded in a way to run worse on non Chrome browsers
I don't really care if that's the actual issue, the fact is, I'm not gonna gimp myself and go out of my way to be nice to some other free browser. I'm not paying for any of them so I'll choose the faster one. When Manifest V3 comes around I will switch to firefox permanently though, or until Chromium browsers become unfucked.
>>
File: file.png (403 KB, 1758x990)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>88780550
>sorry tranny but some of us are using computer that are not 10 years old and can actually notice performance difference between Firecucks and Chrome
It's the other way around dumbfuck. The faster the CPU, the less difference you notice.
Jesus Christ this board is fucked.

>I'm not paying for any of them so I'll choose the faster one.
If speed is your only metric of what a good browser is, go right ahead and join the cattle on Chrome.
And still, this video shows a mixed bag of results between FF and Chrome, so you might even be wrong in your speed claims:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBEEIajDrNg

Maybe the 4chanX developer has a slower codepath for Firefox than Chrome? I don't know, ask there.
>>
>>88780831
>It's the other way around dumbfuck. The faster the CPU, the less difference you notice.
nope, barely 2 year old Ryzen CPU, Trannyfox is still noticeably slow and laggy, any Chromium based browser mogs it hard
>>
>>88765109
godspeed
>>
>>88780831
>cattle on Chrome.
yikes
>>
>>88780292
https://www.zdnet.com/article/firefox-tests-cliqz-engine-which-slurps-user-browsing-data/
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/16/16784628/mozilla-mr-robot-arg-plugin-firefox-looking-glass
https://madaidans-insecurities.github.io/firefox-chromium.html
https://www.weforum.org/organizations/mozilla-corporation
https://calpaterson.com/mozilla.html
https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/03/a-glitch-is-breaking-all-firefox-extensions/
A quick search.
>I don't know. Do your fucking homework.
It's irrelevant for your privacy. If you care that much, investigate
You need to re-read the article and also get your dose of HRT anon
>>
>>88780292
I'm open to criticism of Brave, I think all fanboys are retarded, but I don't often see valid criticisms of it.

Most critiques of Brave's privacy stem from its BAT revenue program and alternate ad system (which you can largely opt out of). In every other way, Brave is consistently rated better on privacy, and adds new features to advance user privacy at least monthly. Try using it instead of being a zealot.

Their broader goals are ambitious and may be a viable alternative to current invasive, personalized ad models. For what it's worth, I wish it wasn't based on Chromium, but if it gains enough support I can see it becoming independent of Jewgle. They'll certainly have the incentive if Google keeps heading in this direction.
>>
>>88765074
Tried the current firefox on relative's fairly old laptop and it doesn't feel sluggish. Once ungoogled can no longer use ublock, I will use firefox as main browser.
>>
>>88780870
what am i supposed to see here?
>>
>>88775874
I don't care
>>
I downloaded librewolf on windows yesterday, it's suprisingly usable. I think I'm going to stick with Brave as long as they maintain MV2 support, but I'll drop it once they don't.
>>
>>88783038
My only real criticism of Brave is I wish they would flesh out the shields more. You still can't choose individual things to block or allow right? They are either on or off? I use custom filters in Ublock as well to hide some Youtube stuff like Youtube shorts section on the front page. This filter doesn't seem to work through Braves shields though. Other than that, I tend to agree. If you're going to use a Chromium browser and care about privacy, Brave is the way to go.
>>
>>88765074
Don't have to, I'm sticking with firefox
>>
>>88765132
Slower, but ads seen on chrome could potentially make it even slower. Even still, fuck ads.
I’ll stare at a wall for entertainment before I ever subject myself to corporate ads.
>>
>>88765074
I'm preparing to see Firefox's marketshare to soar to unprecedented new heights.
>>
>>88780831
>WALMART
Most american benchmark ever

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.