[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1661933142116.png (708 KB, 784x630)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
DJ Bill Edition

How to request:
>Location
>Budget
>Open or closed
>Over-ear or on-ear
>Intended use / Favorite music
>Other requirements

FAQ:
>Do I need an amplifier?
Depends on sensitivity (most important) and impedance (less important)!!!
low impedance, high sensitivity -> No
low impedance, low sensitivity -> Yes
high impedance, high sensitivity -> Yes, but this config is still somewhat decent without an amp
high impedance, low sensitivity -> YES, you will need a thick and beefy amp for this one
>Do I need a DAC?
Yes, but most dedicated DACs in 2022 are more than competent; spending anything more than $100 on a dedicated DAC is retarded and anyone telling you to do so is a sucker trying to sell you a placebo. Look for DACs that support high resolution ( >44.1
Khz) and bit depth (>16 bit)

>Good reviewers?
They all suck in their own way, take all of their "reviews" with a grain of salt.

Last thread:
>>88655289 (Cross-thread)
>>
>gates DJs like a mad cunt
>>
>>88752994
ive got a really good sound system but i cant use it at my new place. if i wanna spent around £30, am i better off going for a pair of cheaper headphones, or a pair of desk speakers? its hard to justify spending a lot of money when i might not be staying here long
>>
>>88754038
Save your money and get something you really want.
>>
>>88754072
what i really want is lipo, makeup, and a leash around my neck. i gotta settle for whats in my reach right now tho.
>>
>Location
Germany
>Budget
250€ max
>Open or closed
Open
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over-Ear
Work, movies, rock music
>Other requirements
Microphone with good quality
Preferably Bluetooth

My old device was a Sennheiser Game One, which I've used for a couple years. It was very good, but broke down a couple days ago.
>>
>>88752994
Snoy WH-1000XM4 for $100, how fast should I buy it?
>>
File: 1663862949231.jpg (690 B, 38x22)
690 B
690 B JPG
$50 magni 3 worth it bros? running dt150s straight from le pc
>>
I'm currently trying out an Lcd 2 Classic that i bought to replace my old HD600, but i'm thinking of returning them, they sound nice but the weight and price are too much for me. I'm thinking of just getting another pair of sennheisers, should i buy the HD650 or the 660? considering they are basically the same price over here.
>>
File: 1586886633680.gif (361 KB, 190x190)
361 KB
361 KB GIF
>>88752994
I picked up a pair of second hand Aeon Flow Closed for the cost a new set of Porta Pros. They're pretty nice, take to EQ really well, maybe the funnest pair of headphones I own on account of that. All that said, holy fuck this cable is AIDS. What do I replace it with?
I see that the manufacturer sells a better cable but it's like $300 it's madness. I'd pay $100, maybe $150 tops, for a fucking cable goddamn.
Please help.

>>88754038
Cheap IEMs are better than cheap headphones are better than cheap speakers 99% of the time.
>>
>>88757571
aah, fair. can i just buy an extension cord for my iems and expect no drop in quality or anything?
>>
r70x with fake skin and focal clear's earpad sponge earpads the best stuff ever.
>>
File: 1659368002723.jpg (18 KB, 211x246)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
For the longest time I thought I was getting defective, unbalanced headsets but now I'm starting to doubt myself.
Years ago I bought a pair of Phillips over ears that upon plugging into my then-PC, the right side was distinctly louder than the left. I didn't end up using them much after that because they turned out to be too enclosed and my head got uncomfortably hot after just a couple minutes.
Fast forward to today, I bought a pair of HD 560S and upon plugging them in my current PC I'm still hearing the right side being louder than the left. For now I've settled with changing their volume balance to be 6 higher on the left and that seems to have done the job.
I'm now thinking my ears are genuinely fucked and I didn't even know after all this time. The weird thing is I don't seem to have this issue with earbuds, not that I can notice anyway, though maybe I unconsciously shove the left one further in my earhole so they ultimately sound balanced.
Am I just going insane? Could this all be a freak series of coincidences? Maybe I should get a professional hearing test, outside of that I can't imagine what else I could do other than asking a friend to test my headphones to confirm if they sound ok to them.
>>
>>88759147
Set your balance to 50/50 and put your headphones on backwards so you know if it's them or your ears.
>>
>>88752994
>US
>up to $250
>closed
>over or on, doesn't matter
>for live monitoring audio during video recording
>need to be durable

is MDR-7506 the best option here?
the situation is my housemates keep stealing my backup headphones (MDR-V6s) for their cinematography jobs and I'm trying to recommend what he should get. (one of the two friend's hair is greasy so I'm not into him using the headphones). Or should I just sell him the set at a slight discount and get new ones? are there any better options on the market or are these still the tried and true industry workhorses?
>>
File: korosan.jpg (236 KB, 850x1202)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>88752994

>Budget
poorfag
>Source (phone or PMPs)
phone
>Location
work/factory
>Kind (in-ears or earbuds)
been using earbud dildos but midlly interested in bone conducting if I can get affordable
>Sound Signature (or genres you like, important!)
Audio book, Anime, City pop
>Past gear and your thoughts on them (important!)
Moon drop's ufo, quarks, and some industrial sound muffling earbuds.
The former doesn't block enough sound, the last two worked somewhat well. the fucking dildos itch though. My biggest problem is that the quarks and the industrial contacts eventually wore out within 3 fucking months. I've had my moon drop ufos for a fucking year and this hasn't been a real issue afaik. I work 10 hour days so any wireless set I get like bon conducting will need to last the shift with at least a lunch charge up if not the whole day. should I just accept that I'm going to be paying 20 dollars to listen to anything every 3 months?

nothing that isn't discreet please
>>
>headband peeling off HD560S I've only had for a year
Nice fucking reliable German build quality
>>
I used to own good headphones (NIA) they broke and now I'm using ones called BT1603 the problem is .. maye i'm paranoid but the music feels different, In my last headphones I could hear both vocals and music clear, now it feels like i'm in cinema or some shit... Is it part of the settings? Can I make it look like the ones before? Are NIA superior or what?

Also i feel a huge pressure on my ears like the Hz are fucking me up... it's like it's too loud or some shit I don't know the problem where it's coming from

I got the lastest drivers
>>
File: orin.png (5 KB, 343x380)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>88752994
>Location
house/outside/office
>Budget
$200 max
>Open or closed
Open
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over ear
prog rock, city pop, electronic, gaming, basically everything/general use
>Past gear and your thoughts on them
shp9500: loved them after getting my perfect eq, sadly a nigger broke into my car and stole them
shp9600: bought them thinking they were just a shp9500 update but obviously i was wrong. They're not bad, but they're not $100 good as opposed to the 9500's i bought for $50
panasonic ergofit:If it weren't because i was a retard teenager and slept with them and fucked up my ear canals i would be still using them, but using in ear stuff makes me feel uncomfortable now, still love them after 10+ years.
>Other requirements
Low impedance, as i need to be able to plug them into anything because of my job, sometimes i need to plug them into a phone, then into a random computer.
>>
>>88754255
>what i really want is lipo, makeup, and a leash around my neck.
>i gotta settle for whats in my reach right now tho.
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>88758194
Unless it's a spectacularly shit quality cable, no, you shouldn't notice anything.
>>
Not really a headphone question but more of a DAC/Mixer/Amp question.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent quality unit that I could plug multiple TOSLINK/S/PDIF cables into and either switch between the different inputs or mix them together?
I have several older game consoles and play them using headphones and a gaming monitor. The problem is I don't have any good way of getting the game audio out to a pair of headphones.
>>
>>88757571
>Cheap IEMs are better than cheap headphones

How did this happen? What changed in the IEM space that made them so competitive in the budget market? I haven't shopped audio in ages so I feel out of the loop. Last time I checked IEMs were basically Etymotic Research or Ultimate Ears.
>>
>>88763675
TOSLINK switchers do exist.
>>
>>88763758
China happened
>>
>>88763760
Yeah I know, but I'm just looking for suggestions on a decent one that also has a 3.5mm out and maybe a volume knob.
>>
is the pc38x good solely for music listening? I dont really play games but I do like having a headset mic
>>
>>88763771
I guess to better phrase the question is why is this particular to IEMs? The headphone market didn't shift so dramatically when Hifiman and Fiio started selling headphones.
>>
Best headphones under 50€/$ ?
Yeah I know it's for temporarily
>>
>>88763793
I'd run the output of a standalone TOSLINK switcher into a DAC+amp that takes optical in. Easiest way to get what you want.
>>
>get applel donglel
>use my dt 880 600 ohm
>its ear bleedingly loud
good thing i didnt fall for the amp meme
>>
>>88764362
the dongle is an amp
>>
>>88763810
Because $200 is still conventionally expensive
Poorfags get incredibly erect when their $30 FotM IEM releases
>>
What's the best way to tackle getting multiple sources simultaneously into your amp input?

I'm considering getting a pci dac with some kind of input, letting me control levels with software.
probably the cheapest option, if impractical.

saves me getting a dac for each source and an amp with simultaneous inputs
>>
Sony WH-1000XM4
Bose QuietComfort

I'm looking at these. What am I in for?
>>
File: mdr7506.jpg (459 KB, 2500x2500)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
I just got a brand new set of headphones today (pic-rel). There's not a better feeling, I've been listening to music all day.
I've been using this same brand of headphones since like '02, I don't think there ever will be a better "for the money" commercial set.
I'm almost tempted to buy up a bunch of sets now... I have a strange feeling Sony will discontinue them for some reason.
Does anyone have any insider info on this?
>>
>>88766286
they already discontinued the related model, the MDR-V6. they've been basically threatening to discontinue them for over a decade, and have briefly discontinued them more than once before finally killing them off entirely during the plague.
>>
>>88766380
Fuck eh
The plague has really done a number on us.
Guess I'll stock on up. Cheers anon
>>
Fag who was asking about headphones because my DT880s broke here. Ended up with a 900 Pro X and yeah, these good. Weird actually having bass after using overly neutral studio headphones, later realizing I should've went open back anyway AND THE FUCKING CORD IS SHORT/FLEXIBLE AND DOESN'T TANGLE ON LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYTHING EVER

Also based beyerdynamics being the one brand I've tried that doesn't crush my skull, no idea how Sehnheiser (HDs specifically) fangirls can stand that
>>
>>88765556
it's called an audio interface
>>88764432
yeah but people still meme amps to go with dacs
if an apple dongle can run the beyer 600s then there's nothing it can't run besides obviously speakers and meme ultra-low sensitivity headphones
>>88766268
i suggest you try them out at a store first before actually paying money
i returned my xm3 because i couldn't tolerate the headache from the anc
>>88767650
what broke on your 880s?
i've noticed that the adjustment clicks were a bit scratchy and loose and not very positive when i tried it, but nothing seems like it could fail given some time
>>
>>88767910
>i returned my xm3 because i couldn't tolerate the headache from the anc
What do you mean? Did you immediately realized the anc was wrong or did it took few hours / days?
I'm considering the two headphones I mentioned because they are praised for their active noise cancelling.
What should I worry about if noise cancelling is my main focus.
>>
>>88767978
>What should I worry about if noise cancelling is my main focus.
If your brain/inner ear can tolerate the effect just like VR, it works for some people and for others it doesn't
>>
>>88767978
it wasn't "wrong," i just couldn't handle it
they did cancel noise, but also gave me headache
and yeah it was noticeable the very first time i turned anc on
>>
>>88763158
HD560s or K702 would be a great upgrade
>>88763948
KSC75, KPH30i
>>
bump
>>
File: 20220923_091316.jpg (2.15 MB, 4000x3000)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
Another fine addition to the Snappheiser collection for you, lads. What a fucking joke. Suggestions for a similarly priced neutral open back replacement that won't break from a 12 inch fall onto a desk?
>>
>>88771854
hd600
>>
>>88772939
That's what snapped. They redesigned the HD600 to be more similar in design and appearance to the 650, I assume that's what you thought I had posted.
>>
>>88773031
hd600
>>
D5200s coming. Thanks denon anon, gonna see if I can get the extra parts as well.
>>
>>88773680
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
>>
>>88773177
Would anyone like to actually answer this, or do I get the pleasure of getting memed both before and after the snap?
>>
>>88774310
hd600
>>
Are Onikuma X11 or K9 good enough if I need a budget headset?
>>
>>88774662
hd600 xDDDDDDD
>>
File: kwasniewski.jpg (17 KB, 400x343)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>88774720
xD
>>
>>88773833
Thanks! Denon lists the baffles directly so I'm going to try to order from them. I want to verify if they're individual units or both as they don't specify.
>>
>>88774773
I'm pretty sure the part number I posted is for the pair. Left and right baffles are slightly different.
>>
>>88775155
Yeah I'm using your part number, matches up on their website. Better safe than sorry though, right?
>>
Are wireless over-ear headphones ever worthwhile?
>>
>>88775577
If they're made by 3M and you have IEMs under them.
>>
asking here because you guys probably know more
on my laptop so
kz zsn-pro 24ohm 112db/mw, nice hiss
apple earpod 42.2ohm, 104.22db/mw, no hiss

which of these values affects the hiss more, or am I missing some other factor here?
Is there a way instead to noise filter the hiss in software so I dont have to buy a new set of IEMs

I've had hiss with the kz on practically everything I plug into as well, the laptop is exceptionally better than most though at least, but still quite annoying
>>
>>88775619
Sensitivity is more important. You can roughly compare headphones with different impedance with this rule - each doubling of impedance = -3dB sensitivity. Earpods have two times the impedance so it's as if they have additional 3dB less sensitivity when compared to KZs, 112-(104-3)=11. Buy type c apple dongle and never hear hiss again.
>>
>>88774310
hd600
>>
>>88775702
my laptop doesnt have type-c, I could adapt it if it works with usb2.0 though
Thanks, I'll look for some IEMs that are more around the 105db/mw area
>>
>Location
Australia
>Budget
Up to $200 AUD
>Open or closed
Closed
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over-ear
Video games, movies
>Other requirements
Something sturdy would be better.
>>
>>88766286
Once they're discontinued you'll be able to sell them for $1k each on Reverb. Stock up.
>>
>>88776901
ath-m50 or mdr-7506
both sturdy
>>
In two weeks I will have the opportunity to try Sennhiser HE1 what should I listen to on them?
>>
>>88778202
https://youtu.be/Orlbo9WkZ2E
>>
>>88778202
https://youtu.be/SChnJDfmrSU?t=19133
>>
>>88778202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkYWccNb0-4
>>
>>88778202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
>>
>>88778202
This instantly drives electrostats/ribbons into clipping so you can check whether senny managed to salvage that dogshit technology.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clOJPqPp-KI
>>
>>88771854
What the fuck do you guys do to your headphones? I have owned this pair for years, it has taken many tumbles, and now spends most of its life getting pushed around on my floor and falling from the shelf I keep trying to squeeze it in to, and it's still just fine.
>>
>>88779225
Whoops
>>
>>88755163
Very fast if it isn't stolen or fake. Actually, I'd still take it if stolen.
>>
>>88779225
same
I don't know how often mine fell from the desk onto hardwood floor
they won't break
>>
>>88768094
My ears can't handle NC either, the pressure is uncomfortable. I kept the xm2 and eventually got the xm4 just because of LDAC and the noise cancelling is still worth the trade-off if on a jet.
>>
File: 16613813484830.jpg (536 KB, 2000x2000)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>88778202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHr3g1c11yw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvOD9pEVyVc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCD_1ZthL0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixdhoeSAFk
please tell me how these songs sound with them please!
>>
>>88752994
FOO. paedoOP eat your poo
>>
>>88775577
In an office, yes. I don't want to take them off every time I get up from my desk, and over ear drowns out background noise better.
>>
>Location
France
>Budget
Up to EUR 350
>Open or closed
Closed
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over ear
Blues Rock. Intended to be used in travel so I want sth with good quality but that may be easily transported
>Other requirements
ANC and Bluetooth
I exclude Bose and i am not sure about Sony, I heard the WH 1000M4 had a manufacturing problem with ANC
>>
File: 1656082673641.webm (1.1 MB, 320x240)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB WEBM
what are the best
>v shaped closed backs with a budget of $300
>neutral open backs with a budget of $300
>>
Anybody ever used one of those sony xb 500 headphones before, what are they like?
>>
File: THUMP.png (67 KB, 1022x796)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
This is hilariously stupid and I kinda love it.
>>
>>88778202
https://youtu.be/5IsSpAOD6K8
>>
>>88779225
>>88779249
My 6xx feels very fragile, I'm surprised your 600s have survived tumbles.
>>
>Location: any
>Budget: anything over $50
>Open or closed: either
>over-ear or on-ear: either
>intended use / Favorite music: anything as long as it gets turned up loud
>other requirements: come on lol who has other requirements

my recommendation... Sennheiser HD650
>>
>>88784278
wrong. correct answer is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6T_X7MXg40
>>
To the guys here with very expensive headphones.

In what places do you leave your headphones unattended the most?
>>
>>88784373
my computer room

literally nowhere else

you don't need to listen to music in public
>>
Just got my DT770 80 Ohms, using with Fiio E10k. I thought there was supposed to be good bass on these? My Sennheiser 598 have as much bass, at least. Could my 770 be a bad unit?
>>
>>88782879
neutral open backs, v shape is only for anons with shitty ears or $20 iem poorfags
>>
>>88784517
the 770 are a complete meme, it seems you learned that the hard way
>>
>>88779353
Based weebshit listener
I, too, listen to poorly mixed and mastered anisongs on my $1000 headphones
>>
>>88785978
Same.
>>
>>88777081
Thanks, I'll look into those.
>>
What does /hpg/ think about the Meze Liric? Looking to try luck with a new >$1000 purchase after the Focal MG disappointed me with their fatiguing sound.
>>
>>88784145
Literally what I'm using with my audezes.
>>
I always had hyper x cloud alpha s headset, and recently got sennheiser hd560s. both put pressure on the top of my head. should I replace the 560s with something else? Also am I gonna get used to the neutrality of it? (I feel like I can’t really jam to music, maybe I’m paranoid about the neutral thing which distracts me from actually enjoying music)
>>
>>88789448
>another anon gets memed with the "neutral" sound
Welcome to the club
Ever wondered why this thread is falling off the board all the time? Because the shit they recommend you here fucking sucks
>>
How is the clamp force on the new hd600? my 10 year old pair still works but its lost so much clamp that they fall of my head at the slightest movement, should i just buy a new pair? I'm currently trying an Audeze Lcd 2 classic that i bought as a replacement for them but with the weight and price im seriously considering returning them and just getting a new hd600.
>>
>buy a 37x to use with my Xbox
>like the way they sound better than my Hifiman HE 400SE
Well shit, should I try a more expensive pair of Sennheiser headphones next? What pair would work well with a Fiio E10K?
>>
>>88787986
I can't help but laugh anytime a bass-heavy track comes on with it enabled. My modded T20RPs are bass-heavy, but Denons + bass shelf is skull-shaking.
>>
>>88752994
can someone recommend me a good pair? my k612 pro broke. this time i want something with a bit more bass.
>price 200-350€
>open
>over ear
>george harrison, beatles, bring me the horizon, daft punk.
i don't have an amp. recommend me something that can be driven by a normal headphone jack or smartphone.
>>
>>88792954
Bass heavy tracks are the only reason I'm pulling out my headphones: when I want some tactile bass but don't want to wake up the neighbors with my subwoofer. Can't imagine using headphones that can't handle that level of subbass.
>>
>>88795144
bass is bassed you audiphool
>>
>>88795144
I don't use EQ normally, so what's wrong with occasionally slapping on a +10dB bass shelf for a laugh?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 635x385)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Earbuds that look like pic rel sit in your ear just like the old earbuds, right? They don't block your ear canal so you can hear stuff around you?
>>
>>88795873
if it's not permanently then it's fine and if it's for experiencing different tracks in different ways why not but don't get used it.
>>
File: 400px-Lindos1.svg.png (42 KB, 400x359)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>88795144
I can listen at lower volume if I have more bass.
>>
>>88795329
Im not one of those anons,
The most bassy thing I own is probably my $30 blon bl03, or my momentum 3's that's what I'd the threshold of tasteful bass. But I also ordered one of those old sony XB 500 headphones to experience what its like to be in the hood
>>
Can anyone recommend me a headphone for gaming.
I'm looking into Sennheiser HD 599 but that headphone is over 5 years old so there might be new sets which are better at this price point.
I will only use it for gaming, not interfere in listening to music or watching movies at all.
I need it to accurately listen footsteps in games like CSGO and COD.
Budget $150
>>
>>88797552
*Not interested in music or movies
>>
>>88778202
https://youtu.be/yWKE656w4gU
>>
I haven't bought headphones since stax 007mk1. Any good headphones yet?
>>
>>88752994
>Location
UK
>Budget
£400
>Open or closed
Not sure, I am a retard, currently using HD599 at home and AirPods 3rd gen for work
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over-ear
Gaming (PS5, XSX, Switch, no chat, just immersion), music listening, general Mac/iOS browsing
>Other requirements
Need something for home use for consoles, home working and office working/train commute. Was considering either a single pair of headphones for everything but I'd have to be wired into a controller when gaming which I'm not keen on, or AirPods Pro 2 for Mac/iOS/work and something purely for gaming (looked at SteelSeries Nova 7X but even I know that gamer shit has a bad reputation)
>>
File: kaguyahime-12.png (107 KB, 240x240)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
100 € DAC, I'll buy first reply. Go
>>
>Freezer in my room constantly makes enough noise to drown out the bass in my X2HR.
I can't EQ the noise out, can I?
>>
>>88799926
Apple dongle, you do not need more
>>
File: kaguyahime-6.png (104 KB, 240x240)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>88800401
>>
>>88797552
pc38x/tygr 300r
>>
>>88799641
I think the Sennheiser/EPOS headsets are good value for the money. I just got a really cheap 37X and I'm kinda blown away for the 60 bucks I paid for it.
>>
>>88800423
it's the only dac or amp you will ever need to buy sub ~500 dollars
otherwise get the topping d90
>>
>>88799926
>I'll buy first reply
You're a retard. What features in a dac do you need?
>>
Looking for a wireless gaming headset for a basement gaming location. In my office i use a akg q702 along with at2020 .

>Location
USA
>Budget
$200 or less would be ideal but willing to got more for something worth it
>Open or closed
don't really care
>Over-ear or on-ear
Over
gaming
>Other requirements
Would like to have good mic. Have 5.1 speaker setups so if there are some that are comfortable to have around the neck and listen to speakers. but this isnt much of a requirement
>>
>>88802238
additionally, want usb c charging. Not looking to by new devices at these prices still using micro
>>
musicfag here
might get these
what alternatives could/should I consider?
dual plug is a must for me
also need rec on an amp to go with
>>
>>88805061
>dual plug is a must for me
why?
>>
>>88805485
i dunno. autism
with these I can leave the plugs unlocked so they just slip out if stepped on or something.

everything the drivers need are at the driver. right side doesn't need a goddamn wire through the headband from the left side. I feel like having a wire go through the headband is a needless compromise.
>we need to incur a greater cost via extra build complexity to get a wire through the headband
nigger just build a good fucking standalone headband and have the cord be a cord and plug straight into where it needs to go
>>
>>88752994
>Chile (amazon gets here so dw)
>$200 USD max
>Closed
>Over-ear
>Movies, math rock and vidya
>Bluetooth if possible, least amount of bleed possible, comfy
>>
been using ATH-M50X for six years now and I'm looking to upgrade.
>US
>$350 USD max
>closed
>Over-ear
>at home on PC for music and games. electronic/IDM, prog rock, and metal for main music genres
>comfortable and durable
>>
>>88806591
fucked up there, it's $300 USD max
>>
does classical (Specially symphonies) need really good headphones?
>>
>>88807032
It's all mids, even ksc75 can handle it.
>>
>>88807041
what about dynamics? Does my amp need to drive my headphones real loud to properly hear it? Some of my music sounds really quiet. I don't know if my amp is weak or it's the mastering.
>>
>>88807310
Classical has high dynamic range so you might want a more powerful amp, yes.
>>
>Australia
>1000 USD
>Closed
>Over Ear
>Isolated gaming/bass heavy tracks
>Able to use dual 3.5mm or dual mini-XLR cables
>>
File: bwykaccbohe61.jpg (182 KB, 1000x1600)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
> https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B014R2W32Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Rate my poor choice, anons?
>>
>>88807693
Lol
>>
File: file.png (195 KB, 916x627)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
Currently have the HD599 but I feel like they lack bass impact and sparkly treble when I listen to autistic doujin shit. Should I get something else, like the DT990 or Fidelio X2HR?
>>
File: file.png (655 KB, 518x900)
655 KB
655 KB PNG
What headphone is this beautiful man using?
>>
>>88759147
Enable mono audio mode (usually under accessibility settings) and put them on backwards, see if it changes. Anyway I had the same issue for a while, my hearing was fucked up, had to get a professional ear cleaning (but then again I was a 20 years old hikikomori and hygiene wasn't high on my list).
>>
thoughts on this little guy? I'm not planning to run anything too powerful on it, just a pair hd560s.
>>
>>88809133
Pretty good, should drive 99% of stuff well, i also like the bass bosst switch.
>>
File: 1613996937296.jpg (270 KB, 720x853)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
I take guitar classes and yesterday my teacher had me listen to some music through a pair of HD600s that were connected to this small headphone amp.
I was able to hear everything in the piece clearly and it really fucked with my head as I'm used to what I now realize is crappy muddy sound.

I decided to get my own hd600s for my computer and want to know if I need an amp for it.

I have a decent pc (mobo is a ROG STRIX z390e) whos specs say - Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback

Is running the HD600s through the mobo jack fine, or should I invest in a dac?
>>
>>88795915
bump
>>
>>88810244
plug them in and find out. the DAC in your PC is probably fine, but its amp may be inadequate. the only way to find out is to try it.
>>
>>88810244
what >>88810903 said
if the front jack can't power it, get an applel
>>
>>88811118
no, don't do that. those are flimsy and then you'll just be right back here in a few months asking again. you want something made from metal. a metal box.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 120x96)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>88811140
>A metal box
>>
>>88811140
i've been using mine from 2019
>>
>>88811504
recommending the apple dongle for desktop use, for someone who is asking for adequate power for HD600s and who is happy with his onboard DAC, is mentally ill behavior. if your headphones come with a 1/4-inch cable, you have to use an adapter with it. do you know what the cable is like that's included with HD600s these days? it will jerk and snap the shitty plastic adapter around and shred the rubber insulation. it is the wrong recommendation.
>>
>>88811589
i use mine with my 880 600 ohm
it's still holding up, retard
>>
>>88811660
this is your mental illness speaking. it is a terrible choice.
>>
>>88811733
>it's too fragile and too little power because... it just is okay?!?! doesn't matter if it's ear bleedingly loud and held up fine for three years
you are the one with mental illness
>>
>>88811832
the performance of the electronics, believe it or not, does not constitute a complete picture of product quality. he specifically said he wanted it for desktop use, and he did not mention a starving poverty-tier budget. you recommended something that just barely works for his application. why? let's explore that.
>>
>>88811589
Just get a different cable then.
The computer jack is fine for OSHA hearing safe levels.
>>
>>88812470
yes, i think we can all agree that he should try that first:
>>88810903
>>
>>88811896
>he wanted it for desktop use
which it's fine for
>he did not mention a starving poverty-tier budget
good, no reason to consider budget chink options then
>you recommended something that just barely works
it just werks
the only worthwhile upgrade from the applel is if you need xlr output
>>
>>88812592
there's really no reason for him to avoid something that's big enough to sit stable on his desk, with a volume control knob. the only reason to choose a cheap plastic mobile dongle is if he has an extreme budget limitation—which he clearly does not, given the headphones he wants to use with it. let's explore why you keep insisting on an objectively bad recommendation. what are you thinking when you spam it? how are you feeling? we can get to the bottom of this and heal your mind.
>>
>>88812709
The only reasons not to choose the Apple dongle are
>you live in Europe and can only get the cucked 0.5v version
>you need shit like optical/coax in because you're planning to hook up multiple sources
>you have extremely high impedance, low sensitivity headphones that actually need more than 1v (VERY rare)
>you like wasting money
>>
>>88812743
in your mind, you have some warped, ultra-specific definition of "need", as though some features are "required" and others are "unjustifiable". almost nobody "needs" audio at all. people *want* audio. everything about choosing audio equipment comes from a perspective of *wanting* it. where did this disordered thought pattern come from? i find it fascinating that so many people have the same disordered thoughts, and that they all seem to converge on this single plastic dongle as the focal point of their obsession.
>>
>>88812798
That $9 plastic dongle performs better than anyone can hear, you literally do not need more if you just want to plug your headphones into your PC or phone, and it's so cheap that if it breaks you just buy a new one for less than 10 bucks
Anything more expensive objectively does not get you audibly better performance, just extra features that you may or may not need
>>
>>88812903
and you've done it again! you've hyperfocused on one performance number, even admitting that it's overkill in terms of THD+N, while totally ignoring the other aspects of human interaction with the device! this is really, truly, mental illness. we need to get to the bottom of it.
>>
>>88812934
dude that’s another anon
i’m chillin in bed ttyl
side note, besides the beyers, i also run my focals with the apple dongle
>>
>>88812709
There's no reason to spend more money to get a worse product.
And there's many reasons to avoid volume knobs.
>>
>>88814063
a box that stays put is a better product. a box with a big volume knob that you can quickly and finely adjust, with your hand, is a better product. unless you are in destitute poverty, it makes perfect sense to spend more money to get a product that is better to actually use. it is very much disordered thinking to insist, as you do, that you MUST go as CHEAP as possible, even shedding extremely basic functionality to get there. there is something wrong with your mind. i'm sure it can be treated, but you're not helping anyone here.
>>
>>88814192
Volume knob = channel imbalnce at low volume = bad product.
>>
>>88814209
he's specifying it for HD600s, not for andromedas. your disordered thoughts are leading you away from the actual discussion that people are having here. this isn't some theoretical question about whether there is any time to recommend the apple dongle—and there is, when someone is using in-ears in a portable setting. you are trying to force the wrong product on someone, for the wrong reasons. why? what is happening in your mind while you post these things?
>>
>>88814257
Hd600 are sensitive headphones, you'll spend plenty of time with them on low volume. If he were using some hifimans then he would need an amp.
>>
>>88802280
>>88802238
Anyone? Considering the Arctis 9 as it seems like theyre widely used
>>
>>88814292
>Hd600 are sensitive headphones
They are sensitive, but not greado sensitive, an amp is def usefull but you dont need to spend more than like like $50 for a dongle which should be enough
>>
>>88814292
there are plenty of inexpensive amplifiers with potentiometer ranges that work well for HD600s. in fact, it's one of the most common use cases considered by amp makers. headphone amplifiers that require the use of the highest-resistance region of the volume pot are vanishingly rare. you probably even know that. right?
>>
>>88814426
Or you could avoid the problem altogether by not having a knob.
>>
>>88814498
anon... merely plugging HD600s into the jack avoids the problem. there is some reason you are grasping at this, and other things, to try to push a bad recommendation. there is some disordered reason that you have an obsession with one specific dongle, and i want to understand what it is. this is something emotional, inside you, and has nothing to do with the product features.
>>
>>88814537
>why am I being called out for recommending bad product
You tell me.
>>
File: 1664124161083.jpg (1.69 MB, 3024x4030)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
found my old headphones, picrel
works fine but the drivers are kinda shit so i want to experiment with replacing em with some other ones
the question is, where and what drivers should i buy? as you can see the body is an open back design
>>
>>88814768
They're apparently 40mm drivers, so plenty of things should fit. Check Aliexpress, there's a bunch of neat shit on there.
I've come across wool- and silk diaphragm drivers, B&W P7 drivers, and even some little 40mm planars.
>>
Currently using ATH-M40x - but they get pretty heavy after a while. Are there any similar ones but lighter?
>>
>>88815060
does the +/- placement matter? thanks
>>
>>88809133
I used this thing for 5 years happily. I have moved on but it still gets use with powered speakers or as a mobile dac/amp.
>>
>>88815403
Flipping the +/- connections will result in your audio being out of phase. You'll immediately notice if this is the case, it sounds all kinds of wrong.
Usually the positive terminal is marked with a dot or something similar, but if it isn't you can just use a multimeter to verify the polarity. Negative goes to ground, which is shared between both drivers and goes to the sleeve on the plug.
>>
Who makes the best ~100mm round pads? And don't say "get original replacements" because I'm not about to pay 180 eurocoins for a set of pleather pads.
>>
>>88761723
>It's actually made in china
You fell for the salesman recomendation agaik, huh?
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (199 KB, 750x1241)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>88771854
I told ya, sennheiser (sonova now, they got bought for cheap because low sales) is a fucking meme that only made 2 or 3 good headphones in their whole existence (before they nerfed their overall quality as shown in your pic).
Dt 900 pro x (dt 1990 if you can) and forget about problems for many years
>>
Using a fiio k3 and hd 598. Will the hd600 be a decent upgrade? And if so will the dac actually drive them?
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (91 KB, 640x481)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>88818877
>77 in the pic
>77 again in the comment
Double dubs confirm sennheiser is a fucking meme, not bankrupt yet because boomers keep buying and shilling their outdated models (They suck unless plugged in this 1000$ tube amp bro!)
>not a single good headphone since 1997 (hd600)
>yet they nerf the materials, sound and even the fucking box
Those who buy sennheiser get what they deserve
>>
>>88818316
Aliexpress, or brainwavz on amazon if u can't wait
>>
File: 81qwI1LLPjL._SL1500_.jpg (251 KB, 1500x1500)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
this is my best headset i heave Divoom Airbeat-30 is an ultra-portable wireless Bluetooth speaker becose i ride a bike and i need to see and hear trafic
>>
>>88815060
are these https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002279218196.html good? how do i determine if ones aren't coal? they all barely reveal any info about the speakers
>>
>>88819313
Some of them include measurement graphs in their listings, though that doesn't tell you that much about how they'll behave in your specific enclosure. The ones you found look pretty good from the graphs.
Look for something with good reviews and check the DIY sections of audio forums I guess.

Here's a few interesting listings I found:
>pricey 40mm planars
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004600838572.html
>dirt cheap and good reviews
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001352277084.html
>super low impedance wool diaphragm, supposedly from B&W P7
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003946678504.html
>silk diaphragm sounds neat, but absolutely no treble if the graphs are anything to go by
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002372449832.html
>beryllium driver with some engrish lulz in the description
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003822443847.html
>"carbon composite" diaphragm, looks a bit like a baby version of Denon D5200 drivers
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002462470725.html
>>
>>88818316
For which Headphones? You can usually get actual good dekoni pads for less than 100 even in europe.
>>
>>88819671
Mod-fodder Denon D2000s, the pads they came with are old, stiff and shallow. Also planning an Open Alpha build so recs for those would be nice as well.
Was considering ZMF Ori sheepskins or suedes, but open to other suggestions.
>>
>>88771854
>>88818877
>>88819039
Hey beyernigger, haven't seen you in a while

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.