[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Do m1/2 Macs have overheating problem?
>>
>>88028977
Not really. Next question.
>>
>>88028982

Are they fit for games? Are they durable? Is build quality ok? My MacBook pro's keyboard broke after using it for year
>>
or should I go Thinkpad instead
>>
>>88029090
>>88029103
>Are they fit for games?
Mac? Absolutely never.
>Are they durable? Is build quality ok?
Most of my normalfag friends are still rocking 2014 Macbooks. So I should say yes.
>or should I go Thinkpad instead
Only if durability is a priority, but they aren't really for gaming (definitely a billion times more than Macs though).
>>
>>88029113
Do ThinkPads have overheating problem? I heard that this is the thing for almost every "gaming" laptop
>>
>>88028977
my m1 never has gotten slightly war but my think pad gave me a 3rd degree burn.
>>
>>88029163
Get a MacBook Pro for productivity and build your own gaymen PC with Windows for games. Need games on the go? Get a Steam Deck. Problem solved.
>>
>>88029199
Will it last?
>>
>>88029251
>will it last
Nothing lasts forever. But that's a pretty good setup.
>>
>>88028977
Just from what I hear the passively cooled ones do better than actively cooled Intel ones
>>
>>88029258
Got my Intel i5 MacBook and was highly disappointed and like I mentioned, keyboard broke
>>
>>88029199
>Get a MacBook Pro for productivity
what kind of productivity are we talking about here
>>
>>88028977

Every apple product I have owned had technical problems.
>>
>>88029274
From what year? Did you not read up and got one with a butterfly keyboard? Are you retarded?
>>88029282
macOS just is more comfy than other OSes for productivity at least to me. UNIX, built-in apps, global menu bar, uniform keyboard shortcuts, spotlight, time machine, and more.
>>
File: 11111.png (71 KB, 236x192)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>88029304
>From what year? Did you not read up and got one with a butterfly keyboard? Are you retarded?
tell that to the poor fucks that got cucked 5 years in a row with that abomination of a "keyboard" - the company you buy your memebook not-so-pro is run by kikes producing furnaces
>>
>>88029345
>doesn't do research on the product they buy
>buys it multiple times, financially supporting the product
So, you are retarded? Literally everyone who actually cares about Apple knew that that was shit and stayed as far away as possible during those years. Only normies and people who don't care, the actual people that are labeled macfags and isheep just kept on buying it.
>>
>>88029269
The Apple Silicon machines btfo every Intel macbook except the very last 16 inch with the face melter i9.
>>
>>88029304
so it's not that a mac is better for productivity, you just like MacOS. fair, but you never actually answered my question.
>>
>>88029375
Anything that's not simulations or CAD, macOS is better at it (at least if you know the OS). I mostly use mine for programming and graphical design which it's superb at.
>>
>>88029304
>productivity
niga, theres literally nothing I can't do in windows 7 that I can do on OSx? Any laptop is good for "productivity" also does Mac os have C++ builder or Delphi? Just any good ide? After using Mac os for a day I couldnt get rid of the urge to install windows on it. IMO MacBook is actually worse for productivity than any other laptop or pc
>>
>>88029375
this, everything about macOS is retarded but it's the only laptop my employer will buy
>>
>>88028977
I dunno. Probably.
>>
>>88029418
>win7nigger that has baby duck syndrome doesn't learn a different OS and only wants to install their baby duck OS
Win7 is horrible by todays standards, even back in Win7's time it couldn't compete with macOS. You don't have Spotlight so file searches aren't an easy fast thing, you don't have Time Machine so being able to be 100% certain that if anything were to happen you could just revert files and even the whole OS with all your apps, settings and documents is impossible. You don't have uniform shortcuts throughout your OS so using multiple programs is a hassle where every single one has its own philosophy that you have to learn and be accustomed to. You don't have a universal clipboard that keeps its contents when you close the program. You don't have a great screen shot utility. There's many things like this that Windows just doesn't have. Things that factually improve productivity.
>>
>>88029418
>any good ide
Literally Xcode.
>>
>>88028977
they will thermal throttle in a hot room under load yes
>>
>>88029274
Apples on a redemption arc ever since they sacked Jony Ive, 2015-2020 models were awful because of him
>>
>>88029504
I don't use win7 on modern hardware, no. It's just that I feel like since win7 times modern oss havent become any more functional just more bloated
>>
>>88029504
Theres no point in all those "advantages" of Mac os if it has no software :)
>>
>>88029504
>you don't have a great clipboard that keeps it's content when you close the application?
It stays in clipboard when you close application. WTF are you talking about?
>you don't have great screenshot utility
LMAO just any thirdparty shit like Loghtshot is just as or even more functional
>>
>>88029802
macOS has a shitton of software support. Especially in the professional field.
>>
>>88029833
From my experience
yeah it is less functional than windows 7
>>
>>88029831
>it stays in clipboard when you close application.
Factually incorrect. Copy something from any program, text, pictures, anything. Then close that program, then try to paste it into a different program. It'll be empty, even Win10 suffers from this still with some programs.
>just use third party software
So, it's not the OS that's good for productivity, you need x and y and z programs and more for it to be productive? Are we having this conversation again? Zzz.
>>88029845
>from my experience
Anecdotal evidence is not factual evidence. macOS is well supported, maybe not by the exact same programs as you use on Windows but it definitely has something and something good for nearly every usecase, even by big software companies.
>>
>>88029863
Windows 7 is shit in terms of security and architecture, still it's the last actually good and not bloated OS created by Microsoft anything that comes after it is bad. I tried xcode and it's shit, macOS still doesn't have as much software support as windows or even loonix and it's not opensource either. I'm not trying to be 100% objective here just speaking up my experience and trying to decide what laptop to buy
>>
>>88029863
also Macs are almost impossible to repair and I want my battery to be swappable
>>
>>88029163
Gen 12 intel models do. AMD is fine.
Seriously though, I just bought a MBP 14 and my T480 is in a drawer right now.
>>
>>88028977
Base spec M1 Air here.
Only time I ever had a heat issue was playing the iPad game Maximus 2 (pic)
Machine got noticably warm. But otherwise, never had any problems. Always been cool.
>>
>>88029090
If you wanna play gta v its possible with like 60fps. Other than that not too sure. Chubby indian managed to get yakuza and other games running as well.
>>
>>88029418
macOS has Emacs, the only text editor you will ever need.
>>
>>88030381
How long have you used your t480? Any issues with it? How's build quality? How's performance under load? What's your work routine? What do you mainly use it for?
>>
>>88029090
>Are they fit for games?
I tried to play KOTOR 2 at the native resolution on my M1 Air, it was pretty stuttery.
>>
>>88030381
Is t480 decent for video editing?
>>
>>88029773
>Redemption arc
>Releases a product that's actually WORSE than the previous generation

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.