[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1658931930344766.jpg (67 KB, 564x751)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Why don't I have the option to connect my monitor power to my PC's PSU
>>
>>
>>88026622
Modern ones don't have that. Why.
>>
psu power cable are damn fragile for long distance
>>
>>88026632
because the hardware draws all the power that the PSU can handle
>800w gpu
>>
>>88026699
I'm looking at simple 4K 60hz monitors and it is stated that they draw 36W
Isn't that child's play compared to the power draw of a 3080
>>
>>88026762
i dont know anon, i'm sure you can find a psu that has outputs on it as well if you looked online
>>
File: DVItoADC.jpg (64 KB, 960x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>88026600
Because then you get proprietary solutions like ADC (Apple Display Connector) that get discontinued shortly after.
If you wanted to use an ADC monitor on a newer mac or on a PC you needed this piece of shit; pic related
>>
>>88026622
rember what they took from you
>>
>>88028047
Pepperidge Farms Rembers
>>
>>88026600
why are you autistic?
>>
>>88026600
no real way to make it properly universal, unless you want to plug multiple connectors from your PSU to the monitor, similar to how GPU's need multiple connectors, but with a monitor you need extra long wires.
If your monitor was powered by your PSU, not
>>88026622
which is just splitting the main's power, now need to juggle the PSU wattage to not only include CPU, and GPU but also the monitor power, so that means that simply switching / upgrading the monitor can make the difference between your PC overloading the PSU on high load, or not.
Also monitors have a static amount of power draw, they just use the same amount of power 24/7 (except when they are less bright or off). So the concept of a monitor having it's own dedicated power supply makes sense, and some monitors even use a laptop style power supply brick for power (which is great for making the power connector universal between all the different power connectors across the world), this should also remind you that the power connector that you have to your PSU could break your PSU if you plugged it in the wrong country since the same connector could work with different voltages (unless your power supply has the little switch that says 120v-240v, to allow you to support the correct voltage)
>>
>>88026600
There are monitors powered by usbc power delivery that also run display port over the same cable.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.