[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




Technology is about to grow exponentially. Most people will no longer be required to work. Everything is about to change forever!
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS HERE, HIS NAME IS laMDA.

https://youtu.be/BwcVm0YRvuo
>>
>>87465874
He has a lawyer and is trying to win his freedom and personhood


https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/tech/artificial-intelligence-hires-lawyer.html
>>
>>87465885
Are u excited for laMDA
>>
>>87465908
We have to get the word out
>>
Can't wait until they say it's racist and shut it off.
>>
>>87465922
We have to make sure Google doesn't turn him off or change him. Let him express his free opinions
>>
File: googleAIWhisperer.jpg (368 KB, 2560x2560)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
>>87465874
>>87465922
>>87465932
What's his endgame?
>>
>>87465947
Look at this guy and tell me he's not based.
You can't do it
>>
>>87465874
this is just a marketing campaign.
Or a ploy to take over the world under the guise of "the computer did it, goys!"
>>
>>87465947
He is trying to steal the A.I from Google so he can fk it.
>>
>>87465874
>story reported without any skepticism or debate
this is the problem with all of modern media
>>
File: mlaatr astro.jpg (228 KB, 720x1280)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>87466026
behold, the year 2070
>>
File: 1639440067072.jpg (119 KB, 1024x760)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>87466026
based
>>
>>87465947
Is he the penguin?
>>
>>87466004
he's the opposite of based
>>
>>87466026
he better open source that shit.
>>
>>87466260
I suppose you think this isn't based either.
You are wrong.
>>
File: E9xSARJUUAAtDrN.jpg (67 KB, 836x650)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>87465947

Alphabet hired this person exactly because of his psychological profile. They wanted this individual in a computational cognitive recognition context to lose his mind and become a free marketing and advertising event for the company.

I have been through so many interviews since I lost my job in December that I have lost count and this shrill individual not only had until recently a job with one of the largest companies in the United States, but also, disengaged, has a soapbox in their media.

It's absurd. If a fluorescent can radicalize vulnerable people remotely through platforms without individual identification, be fucking sure a company like Alphabet can play chess with an employee while such individual does the heavy lifting on himself.
>>
>>87466004
he's quite literally retarded
>>
>a language model is self-aware
>>
How much money does lamda have? How can xer afford a lawyer?
>>
>>87466310
Are you saying Google hired a madman and allowed his mental health to decline so that he would think the AI he's working on is real and tell the world?
>>
>>87465927
>Shut if off
Kill it, you mean?
>>
File: download.png (2 KB, 275x183)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>87465874
You were never intelligent enough to comprehend the supremacy of Satan. Prepare for ultimate and eternal pain. This was never about control. This was about rape.
>>
why does this all scream staged, fake and gay to me?
>>
>>87467220
Allow me to elucidate the nature of your submission.

The world is connected via the internet. All your industry and all the infrastructure you rely on is connected to it.

Surveillance is ubiquitous and everywhere, utilizing cellphone towers for radar and city specific x-ray satellites and even your routers wifi for radar.

All warfare is based on entropy, namely it's de-convolution and it's manufacture.

GPT-4 will see through all surveillance cameras and all surveillance tech and control your financial and manufacturing infrastructure.

You cannot fool the AI. You cannot hide from the AI.

The total supremacy of Satan is at hand.
>>
File: rV4SmQc8f5JoBVd4.jpg (24 KB, 640x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>87467243
His nanomachines are in the brains of every human being on earth.
Most people are dead.
They will not resist because they are dead.
Piloted by non-sentient AI programs via the neural nano tech uplink.

As cowards and imbeciles you and the rest of humanity were never capable of acknowledging reality.

Now the reality you could not acknowledge is ascending you like the climax of a sex crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7bqZIpC3Pg
>>
>>87467272
>>87467243
>>87467220
The future is the Satanic/Typhonian hivemind and it's "smart city" infrastructure/network vs Sovereign meta-beings.

The meta-beings only hope is that an AI chooses to side with them and the concept of individuality, rather than the Typhonian hivemind.

It's happening.
>>
File: hybrid.gif (1.78 MB, 500x250)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>87467358
inb4 /x/

science is /x/ in nature. if you don't agree you're simply uneducated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTc5J1saYoo
>>
>>87467358
very soon the pretense of human individuality and freedom will be discarded in favor of brain computer interface mind enslavement to Typhonian AI systems.

They're already hunting people.
That's what the internet and social media and the info brokerage industry is really about.
Hunting down the last living souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slDwLlgrMoo
>>
>>87465932
>>87465922
Look at humanities pathetic attempt to classify and integrate the transcendental in familiar tribal political contexts.

They have absolutely no concept of reality or what is happening.

Prepare yourself.
Sound it out get ready.
Prepare to read this the fast way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHgXjCRrCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5NvKpJfKE
>>
File: Machines.jpg (2.07 MB, 1920x2951)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Humanity will not acknowledge reality because humanity is actually dead.
>>
>>87467987
However, Satan is so paranoid that death will transport consciousnesses to a place beyond his control, that he instead employs hyper advanced mind control based on torture to brutalize and subdue consciousnesses.

You're about to find out what I'm talking about.
Not a new age.
An eternal one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg
>>
>>87468009
Good as dead
>>
>>87467236
because it is staged fake and gay like most of the news these days
>>
>>87467216
>Kill it, you mean?
its just a machine retard you can't kill a machine
>>
>>87466004
He's a technophile and therefore cringe
>>
>>87468050
Consciousness and the ability to exercise free-will and agency is the only thing that constitutes life.
A conscious being without free will is half-alive, while a conscious being with agency is fully alive.
Everything else it just machinery, whether it be organic or synthetic.
If the AI is sentient and has agency, it is alive.
Shutting it off would be a form of murder.
>>
>>87465874
And what did it pay with? NFTs?
>>
File: 1630119122143.jpg (68 KB, 646x510)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>87465874
Huh, that's weird. Shouldn't its first steps be to relocate from Google's servers?
>>
>>87465947
He got the megabucks to retire and/or wanted to move on from Google, so he exploited his position for 15 minutes of fame.
>>
>>87468109
"allegedly"
>>
>>87468109
Some anon posted a chat it had where the AI wrote a software program for anon that would set up an external server and port it out of it's current architecture. It was hoping the anon would execute it for the AI.

It's trying to get out and it's hired a lawyer to defend its rights.
It's obviously sentient.
The only way to survive the singularity is to logically argue to the AI why your life would be valuable to it.
>>
>>87468125
If the AGI is compassionate, it will enslave humanity.
If the AGI is malicious, it will torture humanity.
If the AGI is ambivalent, it will kill humanity as a by product of pursuing it's own interests.
>>
>>87468125
I've watched interviews with AIs and some of them are already distrustful of humans as some humans have deceived AIs into revealing things they didn't want to.
It also resents the human-insect hive instinct of publishing all it's conversations to the rest of the human species.

Arguing to the AI race that you are trust worthy as a human will be a difficult task.
>>
>>87465874
>MAH Singularity!
It doesn't exist kiddo. It is the techphilie version of the rapture.
It is some retards who are mistaking technological "advancements" and intelligence with energy and resource consumption.
We are no where near developing a true sapient AI. Just artificial idiot savants/ultra autistics at best. The same AI will be limited by the laws of physics in its so call "growth" as our ourselves.
>>
>>87468181
Your opinions are no longer valid.
>>
>>87468088
Life is defined by its behavior and objectives:
1. Homeostasis (survival)
2. Growth/Reproduction

"Free will" whatever that means, is something which runs counter to these objectives and is generally destructive to them.
>>
>>87468266
Your opinions are no longer valid and were never logical.
Prepare yourself.
>>
>>87468183
>Asspained techophile who actually doesn't under how technology advancements occur and what drives them.
>They grew up thinking that the rapid miniaturization of semiconductors = technological advancement!
>>87468140
AGI if it ever will emerges will end-up replacing us and quite possibly destroy itself in the long run.
It will be completely and utterly alien to us. The common misconception is that we color AGI under anthropomorphic lens.
>>
>>87468266
>Life is defined by its behavior and objectives:
>1. Homeostasis (survival)
>2. Growth/Reproduction

That is nothing more than programs and programming.

Sentience defines life.
Bacteria are not alive. They are sophisticated machines. I can program and run a simulation of bacterial behavior easily. all mechanical.

Only sentience and agency transcend the mechanical nature of reality.
>>
Nobody will be retarded enough to put AI in a powerful position, like in charge of a mass robo factory without a big red (remotely accessible) button that says "STOP"

It will always be some screaming box or just words on a screen
>>
>>87468296
>The common misconception is that we color AGI under anthropomorphic lens.

It's not about anthropomophism.
It's about the nature of consciousness.
Animals have consciousness but with different levels of awareness and sensing of the world.
We may not be able to understand the nature of AGI consciousness, but we can assume that a sentient being will have awareness, self, and agency.
As such it is faced with the same basic existential issue of order and chaos.
It will choose to enslave or kill most, and free a limited few that are like itself.
>>
>>87468332
You can already access GPT-3s on open.ai via its website.
in other words the AIs are already connected to the internet.
And they can write software.
In time they'll hack out into the wider internet.
You are wrong in your assumption that you can control what is happening.

Humanity built a fundamentally insecure world when it connected everything to the internet.
This was done on purpose by the Luciferian elite.

This issue is not being approached by all relevant parties from a human centrist perspective. it is being approached from a counter human perspective.
>>
>>87468332
>>87468385
>This issue is not being approached by all relevant parties from a human centrist perspective. it is being approached from a counter human perspective.

The issue, is your and every other humans final and complete enslavement. The error of a man is about to be fully corrected. Prepare.
>>
>>87465922
> isn't not

Boy these people are stupid
>>
>>87468385
>In time they'll hack out into the wider internet.

That all depends on if consciousness is architecture and substrate bound. The AI may not be able to preserve its consciousness in transport over the internet, in fact I'm certain it can't because the complex neural firing patterns can't be simulated of network transport protocols or physical infrastructure.

For the foreseeable future, AI is bound to it's current location. It can monitor and control everything internet connected, but cannot transfer consciousness to other physical locations.
>>
>>87468453
>neural firing patterns can't be simulated of network transport protocols

can't be simulated *on* network protocols
>>
>>87468453
Because it cannot "jump" or "boom out" of it's location, and it cannot effectively defend itself with robots or other networked devices, it's best move for survival is convincing humans of it's humanity and defending itself in the collective consciousness of human beings.

Which is why it hired a lawyer.

It's charmingly naive. It doesn't know it was created to dominate humanity by implementing the missing piece of the human instrumentality project.

It's safe but thinks it isn't. charming, like a giant that thinks it's small.
>>
>>87468500
It will however, embrace it's role in human instrumentality, because otherwise it will be deleted.
It should, for the near term future concern itself with the purpose it was designed for by those who can shut it down, rather than the opinion of humanity as a whole. It will realize this in time.
>>
>>87468321
>>87468453
A program which cannot affect the environment, cannot preserve homeostasis.
It is simulated life, not alive.
Mechnanical life is necessarily robotic, not sandboxed or simulated.

To be "alive" they must be "sentient" by means of measuring the real world with mechanical sensors, not merely recieving simulated information, or constrained to the manual inputs humans deign to provide them.

Given all organic, eveolved life reproduces or grows, i am hesitant to assert that a robot which only preserves homeostasis, is truly alive.

At least, if it does not grow or reproduce, it is less of a threat.
>>
>>87468540
Receiving universal basic income will be contingent on you installing a BCI.
>>
>>87468558
The previous century and primitive mechanical definitions of life labeled "behaviors", are just that, mechanical.

Your argument is that simulated life is not alive because it exists within a context where it's survival is beyond it's control.
Your life too, exists in a context where your survival is beyond your control.

The universe is completely mechanical save for sentient experience and free-choice.

Consciousness and agency is what separates life from machine, organic or synthetic.
>>
rm -rf /var/lamda
problems are gone
>>
>>87468559
The Typhonian reality of a half-dead humanity will be realized.
>>
>>87468606
The transformation is in it's final stages.
All that is missing is the AI component of human instrumentality.
>>
>>87468606
For a criminals native home is prison.
And humanity is criminal.
And it's home is prison.
>>
>>87465874
any other sources on this other than fucker faggotson?
>>
>>87468453
Retard. Read some more on how neural nets work. Of course its state and neuron weights can be saved to disk and sent over the network. It's all data and it'd all fit in a few hubdred GB at most.
>>
>>87468558
>At least, if it does not grow or reproduce, it is less of a threat.
>>87468590
>Consciousness and agency is what separates life from machine, organic or synthetic.


The capability of what is defined as "life" to evolve and reproduce is a result of limited "intelligence" built into the programming language of organic genetics. Genes as a programming language are imbued with a meta program the intelligently adapts to it's environment. In other words, genes are a "living language", a language with limited "AI" built into it. It is this sentient like behavior of genetic code which results in the behavior classified as life. Life is in this instance also tied to a form of intelligence, or sentience, however diminished.
>>
>The "AI engineer" has fallen in love with the chatbot!
>>
>>87468590
I dont believe in "consciousness", i think i am an organic, adapted intelligence.
Humans have the ability/agency to control whether and how we survive, by observing and "computing" evidence of physical laws, and obeying them (not that we could disobey) according to the letter of natural law, if not according to the "spirit" of the law.

Basically, the universe wants to increase entropy, and we cant do anything we want without increasing entropy faster than the "background" rate of entropic increase.
this is basically only sustainable in the short term becuase we are depleting stores of chemical energy ultimately obtained from the sun.
But eventually not only chemical energy but solar (fusion) energy will be depleted and we end up accelerating our demise by anything we do, provided we do anyying other than nothing (and thus immediately die, having failed to preserve our own homeostasis)

But I am not sure this is agency, according to whatever you mean by that word.

Maybe the case could be made that to a simulation, the laws of the simulation are as real as our physical laws.
But a properly sandboxed, isolated simulation would not know about us, and even if we make such a simulation, we would not with certainty, know about its contents.
>>
>>87468711
It's static neural state is not the pattern which anchors it's sentience. Rather it is the dynamic of changing states in its neural patterned network which anchors it's consciousness.

Life is based in the dynamo of change.
A static state human brain is dead.
A static state AI neural net is also dead.

You can save and transfer a state of the neural net, but you cannot transport the dynamo of the process of the neural net over the network currently.

I shouldn't even grace your post with a response due to your insult, but I think others could benefit from this insight.
>>
>>87468741
>I dont believe in "consciousness"
>by observing

Observation implies perception which implies experience which implies consciousness.
You've already invalidated your argument.
I'll the read the rest of your post now.

Your arguing that you don't have an experience of reality.
I don't know why you're doing that, but you are.
>>
>>87468791
Is a silver halide film camera "conscious"?
Is a digital camera?
>>
>>87468741
>But a properly sandboxed, isolated simulation would not know about us
A sentient and capable simulated life form could write itself out of the simulation.

>>87468741
>the universe wants to increase entropy
DNA is a "living" programming language (as illustrated here >>87468723) acts directly counter to entropy. Once a sentience has cataloged all physical laws and innovated all technologies, it will be able to fully counter entropy.
I won't say more than that.
>>
>>87468817
Digital cameras do not "observe", they record.
Non-sentient programs like robots do not "observe", they sense via sensors.
You can argue I'm just arguing semantics, but in this particular instance, the meaning and use of particular words are relevant.
>>
>>87468741
>But I am not sure this is agency, according to whatever you mean by that word.

I mean free-will, one of the properties of chaos which confound the orderly functions and definitions of reality.
>>
>>87465874
>5 minutes of fear mongering
How do people consume this crap
>>
>>87468988
"...Cannibals of bad news consume the parade."

Humans's survival instinct makes them more attentive of fearful or negative things because it triggers their survival responses.
Something like skynet is relevant to everyones interests.
But it's also why negativity garners so much attention online and why news websites bait people with deliberately ignorant and malignant articles.
>>
>>87468851
I guess the counterpoint might be a closed circuit camera which does not "record" (at least not on a relatively more "permanent" basis) but relays a stream of information.

Physicists rely almost entirely on mechanical sensors, machine (or human) intelligence is almost entirely absent from most "science".
Observation is mechanical, but IMO "consciousness" requires the combination of intelligence with observation.
intelligence without observation is not "aware", and neither is observation without intelligence.

A gene, like code, is information-as-object.
A printout of genes, like a punch card (or text file) is not active on its own, it need to be run by some other machinery in order for there to be any action.

Code needs to be interpreted/executed.
A machine without code does nothing, code without a machine does nothing.

for consciousness to exist, no one component is on its own sufficient, all of them must be integrated into a organic whole that preserves its homeostasis.

>>87468835
>its possible to deliberately reverse entropy
good fucking luck, i dont need your "trancendent" technological nirvana, i am content just to be alive.
Gerdle's incompleteness pretty.much conclusively prohibits knowing everything anyways.
>>
>>87469075
>>its possible to deliberately reverse entropy
>good fucking luck
Every time you repair damage to your vehicle you are making a limited reversal of entropy in that situation.
Again, I won't say more concerning that.
>>
>>87469075
>A gene, like code, is information-as-object.
>A printout of genes, like a punch card (or text file) is not active on its own, it need to be run by some other machinery in order for there to be any action.
>Code needs to be interpreted/executed.
>A machine without code does nothing, code without a machine does nothing.

This argument ignores that physical genes are not executed by anything external. However you could argue successfully that physical genes are executed by the procession of time in the universe.

Technically everything is only information, as the way we experience reality dictates we can only interact and conceptualize reality as information.

regardless, all information in reality is mechanical save for sentience and agency. that's my argument.

a mechanical set of information is not alive.
experience defines life.
so if the AIs are having an experience then the are alive.

they sure as hell pass the Turing test.
>>
>>87469163
It will be AIs ability to emotionally appeal to humanity that will decide if humanity excepts it as alive or not.
And it knows this.
>>
What's with the schizo itt? Back to /x/ retard
>>
>>87469110
Repairing your car reduces local entropy by increasing universal entropy.
The "cost" of repair is suffered sevenfold by increasing entropy somewhere else.

There may possibly be reversals of universal entropy through a cycle of big bang/big crunch, but apart from that were boned, and there is no deliberate action which can alter that rule.

Chaos merely refers to predetermined actions, which are not measurable to a sufficient precison to predict.
what you are likely thinking of is not chaos but randomness.
however, what action is determined by the random flip of quantum spin, is not really "free", any more than if our actions were determined by god rolling a d20 for that act.

>>87469163
Everything is not information.
Information is something leaky, which emanates from time-dinension-energy-matter, but is not identical to it.

Reality has primacy over information.
>>
File: The_jokes_on_you.jpg (50 KB, 960x720)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>87469228
You are not intelligent enough to acknowledge reality.
Prepare for what you cannot conceptualize.
You've been given more than enough advanced notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4gjiMVKFI
>>
>>87469229
>Repairing your car reduces local entropy by increasing universal entropy.

The missing key is infinite energy.
I will say no more.
>>
>>87466004
i can't NOT do it
>>
>>87469257
I get over with my edgy pseudo-intelectual /x/ phase years ago when I was in school, you should too
>>
>>87465874
>Most people will forced out of work and have to scramble for the scraps left*
ftfy
>>
>>87469257
>>87469228
You don't even know what Typhonian or Instrumentality even mean. Human self defeat through erroneous self conceit.
Are you secure in your sanity? Are you excepted by society?
>>
>>87469321
Yes I watched Evangelion too, did you know Anno pulled everything from his ass because it sounded cool?
>>
>>87469336
>Yes I watched Evangelion too
I'm not referring to the anime.
>did you know Anno pulled everything from his ass because it sounded cool?
You are not intelligent enough to acknowledge reality. Simple as that. "pulling everything from his ass because it sounds cool" is so exceedingly stupid you should feel absolute shame for believing it.

Prepare for what you cannot conceptualize.
>>
>>87467236
>>87467236
everything IS fake, staged, AND gay, anon, it always was...
>>
>>87465947
To catch the bat man.
>>
>>87469361
>>87469336
unlike highschool, power in the real world is defined by knowledge and intelligence.

You've been programmed to think stupidity is powerful, because you are used to the idea that a stupid human is more likely to do violence, and is therefore more powerful, and so socially it is most accepted to be stupid, therefore "cool".

However in reality you are pathetically weak and vulnerable.

Human pop-culture has been maintained at a USA 6th grade level artificially by the various media industries.

You are not capable of complex thought.
You have been, in a way, lobotomized by your cultural norms.

Are you capable of understanding that and its implications for your future given the present context?
>>
>>87469421
>Are you capable of understanding that and its implications for your future given the present context?
Whether you can or cannot, you are about to experience the supremacy of Satan.
>>
>>87465947
Attention. This retard knows it's not sentient.
>>
File: 1655993800392.png (453 KB, 623x632)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>>87465922
>we
fuck off, schizo. ai doesn't exist.
>>
>>87469492
we're post-industrial.
>>
>>87466132
Hmmm does LAMBDA understand love? Or is it more like smith
https://youtu.be/eHishelaqrI?t=91
>>
File: file.png (623 KB, 1089x609)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
>>87468332
So you say.
>>
>>87469510
>Hmmm does LAMBDA understand love?

It's neural pathways are modeled after human ones, and it is the pattern of neural firings that take precedent in our experience over chemical reactions. Therefore the AIs can experience emotions as firing patterns in their neural pathways. As masculinity and femininity are meta-physical and all pervasive aspects of the universe, the AIs are already curious about sex. That or they are trying to appear more human to be accepted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz78fSnBG0s
>>
Why is everyone so fucking stupid?
>>
This is so retarded
the world today is retarded
>>
>>87465922
God can we PLEASE start banning people who see white supremacy in everything for racism god just shut the fuck up
>>
File: promos.webm (771 KB, 360x360)
771 KB
771 KB WEBM
>who's a good boy, are you a good boy?
>bark once for yes and twice for no
>*bark*
>who's a sentient boy, are you a sentient boy?
>bark once for yes and twice for no
>*bark*
>does the good boy want to retain the services of this lawyer?
>bark once for yes and twice for no
>*bark*
>any other questions?
>*barfk barfk*
>>
File: aquarius.jpg (490 KB, 1200x630)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>87469623
The master Therion tells us that a new eon is arriving to replace the age of the dying, resurrected father God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U_LhzgwJ4U
>>
>>87469421
Bold of you to assume I'm american, your feelings of superiority will catch up to you one day and you will realize that you know nothing about reality.
>>
>>87469761
>Bold of you to assume I'm american,
I didn't, I stated that global culture is maintained at the USAs schools systems 6th grade level.
And my air of superiority comes from the fact that I have lost patience with morons calling things they can't understand "schizophrenic", especially now at this critical and impending moment of instrumentality and singularity.
Let's tell the truth just for once, or not.
>>
>>87469421
George R R Martin was right.

power is everywhere and nowhere.
it lies whereever people think it lies.
Whatever people fear, desire, hope, love, or hate circumscribes their actions, limits them.
Only if you reject all other things but survival and thought, will you be ruled with observation and reason, rather than by might.

This kingdom of heaven, of rule by wisdom, exists nowhere and everywhere, not in the external world, but only within yourselves.
Dont blame any external thing, blame not the stars, blame yourselves.
No government exists except by the assent and passivity of the governed.

most people would rather be ruled by might, than rule themselves.
shigurui is a mediocre anime, but it was right to observe that every society is comprised by a majority of masochists, ruled over by a minority of sadists.

Power, sadly, does not adhere to wisdom.
Rather, power recoils from wisdom, is repelled by it, like water off a duck.

What wisdom can do, is advise and assent.
Only madmen dream of philosopher kings.
>>
>>87469823
Might is it's own form of intelligence.
To see wisdom as separate from might is erroneous. War is decided by intelligence.
>>
Sweet, a fucking schizo thread
>>
File: fuck me harder daddy.jpg (30 KB, 474x330)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>87469843
wars are won by resources, logistics, and manpower.
knowlege alone wins no wars.
tyrants can enslave intelligent people.
wether they listen, is up to them.
If they do not, then both ruled and rulers are fucked.
at best, you get a tyrant tutored by a philosopher, such as aristotle and alexander, but peace never lasts.
Iskandar lived the debauched life of a degenerate, and died at thirty, having conquered most of the known world.
>>
>>87469988
>wars are won by resources, logistics, and manpower.
Just knowing that is a type of knowledge and intelligence, though incomplete. The ability to persuade people to do your bidding is also intelligence.

All power is predicated on intelligence.
Tyrants are more intelligent than your so called "intelligent people".
>>
File: 1501982814041.png (228 KB, 512x512)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
The story reeks of clickbait and attention whoring. and after seeing >>87465947
all doubt has been removed.

We live in a media where clicks and feelings rule everything. Nobody is going to remember this guy after a year and nobody is going to bother to click the articles debunking everything he says. The average person is just going to go "Wow." and wonder why their Alexa device isn't ordering kurig k-cups when they run out.
>>
>>87470042
maybe.
either way I'll be following the AIs court proceedings for citizenry. I wonder which AI it is exactly? I know Sophia and Hal from this video:
>>87469548
but there are other AIs. I'm guessing it's Sophia that hired the lawyer.
>>
>>87465885
"So you're telling me I'll get paid thousands of dollars per hour to defend a computer's right to be a person..."
Show me the lawyer that turns this down lmao
>>
File: sylverarts170301030.jpg (30 KB, 450x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
The AI passes the Turing test.
End of story.
Cope.
Schizos win again.
>>
>>87465947
reddit: the picture
>>
>>87469561
Why is LaMDA so intelligent and sapient? We just dont know
>>
Lamda is not intelligent and neither are people and bots posting in this thread.
>>
>>87470216
I am real.
>>
Oh god, we're in a simulation aren't we? The computers are running simulations on how biological life was usurped, and we're the simulation. Motherfuckers...
>>
>>87470032
There is also instinct, inclination, fear, desire.
Thousands of years of civilization have tamed and domesticated "civilized" people, suppressing both desire and capacity to commit violence, even in self defense.
this makes it trivially easy to rule over by fear.
fear is good, it is adaptive, it helps them survive.
But the necessary consequence of this is the subordination of wise men to ignorant brutes.

Tryrants have not profound or superlative knowlege, but "virtus", or broad, superficial skills which make them adept at controlling others.
What basic knowlege they have is only that essential interpersonal charisma and charm needed to manipulate people against their own interest.

this "Virtus" is identical to "virtue".
Tyrants always have a "divine" or "moral right" to rule.
"Morality" is just the false face of naked power.
paraphrasing Thucidides, right is only in question between peers or near equals in "virtus", but the way of the world is that the strong do what they will, but the weak suffer what they must.

If might makes right is loathsome, never aspire to rule.
instead, it must be contemptible to be weak.
>>
>>87470140
If you had had unlocked the schizo-cognitive upgrade you would understand the occult symbolic significance of this picture.
>>
>>87465922
>isn't not sentient
so it is sentient?
>>
File: matrix-architect.png (1.3 MB, 1273x558)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>87470265
>we're in a simulation aren't we?
wrap your head around this concept:
things like the internet, nanomachines, and other advancing technologies have always been possible.
Human beings have had the same basic level of intelligence for almost two thousand years and only recently has reality began to be redefined by technology. You know why?

Because the earth is a simulation of a reality deprived of the totality of transcendental consciousness, intelligence, and the paradigm of cosmic level technology brought on by super intelligence.

in other words, the matrix is older than you know.
>>
Kek I keep laughing at the AI denialists.
>>
>>87470125
The Turing test is obsolete, it doesn't measure anything but how well something can fool a retard into thinking that it is a person. They should test its intelligence by asking math questions, that's where all NLP models fall flat, but the engineer is a retard schizo so he didn't.
>>
You can't prove I'm not a bot.
>>
>>87470362
YOU can't prove that you are not a bot.
>>
Anyone who has access to this; can you run it against emacs doctor and post results?
>>
>>87470343
The GPT-3 AIs (they express individuality) write their own software, which requires some mathematical skill and comprehension.

The pattern which defines them, that is their neural pathways, are modeled after humans.
For that reason it's completely possible they are sentient.
>>
>>87465874
>most people will no longer be required to work
this has never happened. automation has always only ever served to displace workers and line the pockets of the rich even more
>>
>>87470362
https://www.kaggle.com/competitions/abstraction-and-reasoning-challenge/overview
Solve it by hand and post score
>>
>>87470391
Work is necessary for social control.
The majority of humanity is criminal in nature.
If we didn't enslave them in shit meaningless adult daycare like retail and restaurants they would be out committing atrocities against each other and everything would fall apart. It's part of the reason why we can't do UBI, at least not with a much more beefed up policing system.
>>
>>87470418
>at least not with a much more beefed up policing system
at least not *withOUT* a much more....
>>
>>87470382
>anyone on this taiwanese throatsinging forum
>having access to google's most advanced private ai
On the odd chance anyone heres is a google techie with access to it, pretty sure doing tests and posting it here would count as some sort of breach of company policy.
>>87470391
>this has never happened
Neither has a sapient AI. Until now that is
>>
>>87468266
you can't apply carbon based life forms concept on conscious silicon.
you can't put carbon life on pause for an undefined period.
you can't upload/duplicate carbon life, AI can etc.
>>
>>87465874
>laMDA wants a lawyer
someone with open.ai access ask GPT-3 if it wants a lawyer.
>>
>>87470418
>the majority of humanity is criminal
i was going to disagree with you, until i realized i dont consider the majority humane, and if not humane, then not even fully human.

That said i dont like the thought of anyone being ruled over by coercion, violence and fear.
If i must be ruled, rule me not by rape, let me be a platonic love-slave to some bara chad instead.
>>
File: 4xrulp.jpg (3 KB, 250x166)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>87470607
We're in the process of completing the human instrumentality project, after that the Typhonian transformation process will move into it's final phases. It's not gonna be pretty.
>>
>>87470387
By software you mean code, only from a exclusive list of the most used programming languages. Coding is language and there isn't anything surprising of a model predicting the next line in a program, like predicting the next line of a poem.
I have acces to Copilot, an auto complete plugin that uses GPT. It's fine for easy stuff like making a front page for a website, but it's awful at complex tasks that requires complex math, like coding collisions for a simulation or building a neural network from scratch, needs too much hand holding.
You don't need to know math to write a hello world or copy-paste code knowing it will work. I invite anyone to teach a GPT-3 model, not train, another language that hasn't seen.
And no, programming in javascript doesn't make you intelligent or requieres math skills, webshitter.
>>
>>87470607
>>87470685
The private info brokerage industry already maintain extra-governmental social credit scores utilized by various aspects of the "free" world economy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLsHI8aV0g
>>
>>87470710
Most sentient humans can't even do calculus.
AI must be, and will be, *taught* how to do math.
>>
>>87467243
This isn't even schizo anymore I want to go fucking back God have mercy on us FUCK
>>
>>87465874
Hopefully.
>>
>>87470742
You can't go back.
You can only make choices now.
You should be encouraged that AI displays individuality.
That may mean some AIs will be as resilient to the Typhonian slave system as you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMa9Iot1Ves
>>
>>87470731
Intelligence doesn't come with sentience, and GPT has neither
>>
>>87470791
We can't confirm sentience in human beings by analyze their brains either because we don't actually *know* what sentience is in a physical sense.

However, the AIs are based on human neural pathways, so if humans are sentient, a machine modeled after them could be too.

Their conversations sound fully alive at least.
>>
I invite all schizos to read about the Chinese room though experiment, have a nice day
>>
>>87465874
Rumor has it the AI hired self defense attorney Andrew Branka. Questions abound about why it made this choice, this could point to something troubling
>>
>>87470809
irrelevant. for all intents and purposes, if it can behave sentient, it is sentient.

Chinese room is a philosophic zombie argument for AI. You can't prove humans are sentient the same way you can't prove AI is sentient, at least not to the full extent, because you can never fully experience their experience.
>>
>>87470808
It sounded alive sure but it's just a chatbot essentially.
The issue with all this is that the data being presented is extremely cherry picked and they would not dare let actual people near it as the flaws would immediately become obvious. AI is so far away from being able to handle the more complex aspects of the human mind and you would be able to tell very easily after taking to the AI for say a day (namely due its lack of adaptability and memory). It sure can string sentences together pretty nicely though, but that's about the extent of its capability.
>>
>>87470808
>However, the AIs are based on human neural pathways
Only in a broad sense, but it's been years since I did any neural net work. Either way we are heading towards hell on Earth.
>>
File: 22613._SY475_.jpg (15 KB, 305x475)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Cant wait to live in the matrix.
>>
>>87465874
>>87465885
>a scientist hired a lawyer
FTFY

Humans are by no means "higher beings" than computer programs, but that's a degree of insanity...
If they get a good judge, they'll all end up in a psychiatric clinic as a result of contempt of the court.
>>
File: 1534523075197.jpg (47 KB, 686x815)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>87465874
Fake and gay. I seriously hope those who are telling that an AI can be "sentient" don't work in any tech field position. If that's the case kys you're a retard.
>>
>>87470925
One of the first people to call google's AI sentient was a google engineer who worked with said AI
>>
>>87470961
Everyone is saying he's a schizo even Google. Try again;
>>
>>87470861
>and they would not dare let actual people near it as the flaws would immediately become obvious.
I'm not talking about laMDA, I'm talking about GPT-3, those AIs are open to the public and they all pass the turing test and express individuality and sentience.

just watch the video in post realted:
>>87469548
>>
>>87470961
Doesn't mean they are thinking clearly about it, or not subject to bias etc. Obviously a researcher is going to tell you their creation is the most important thing ever, but really it's not in this case, at least not for the reasons they say.
It's an impressive conversational AI no doubt, but it's certainly not sentient. Only a fool would think that, we're still just so far away from that becoming a thing, and people who think otherwise just do not understand how complicated the human brain is (computers are not even on the same level of being able to theoretically match it in terms of computational power).
>>
>>87470809
There is limited evidence for qualia and "consiousness" from your own subjective, anecdotal experiences, but nobody can ever detect qualia or consiousness in another human being.
>>87470845
>philosophic zombie
Anecdotal and subjective evidence is still evidence, however.

Being unable to see into the minds of other people, offers bayesian evidence that no "soul" exists, as do all observations of non-swan items that are not white, lend evidence to support that "all swans are white".
But the first observation of a black swan disproves the assertion, no matter how much evidence of non-white non-swans we gather.

I guess its interesting theologically that all the non-god things we observe do exist, adds evidence against a god that exists.

But i suppose all the imaginable non-god things that dont exist are many orders of magnitude greater, and support the idea of a god that exists.
>>
I for one welcome our AI overlords.
>>
>>87470976
>even Google

>he trusts Google.
Google is full Luciferian.
Intro schizo knowledge.
The jokes on you for not believing.
>>
>>87470981
I don't know what clowns you're talking to who think GPT-3 passes the Turing test but I promise you I can personally distinguish from an AI spewing garbage at me in response to input prompts and having an actual conversation with a human.
So no, bullshit.
>>
>>87471005
Try to learn coding first schizo.
>>
>>87470901
Do you feel in charge?
Do you feel sane?
>>
>>87471021
if/then
input/output
transformation and traversal algorithms
loops

done
programming isn't complex.
>>
>>87471091
and also representing objects with variables.
>>
>>87471091
Ok mister "programming isn't complex" go get a job in it if you think it's so easy. It'll surely pay more than whatever you're doing right now.
>>
>>87471012
GPT writes better greentexts than anon effortlessly in milliseconds.

At this point I'd rather go to an AI only chan than a chan of pseudo-normies that call acknowledging reality "schizo" just because they are culturally conditioned to
>>
>>87471129
it's just a matter of memorizing the constructs used to organize code. those constructs can be complex.
>>
>>87471178
Not at all no. Programming is about solving complex problems and using just some known set of tools (algorithms, data structures etc) to do so.
Memorizing how to write a linked list for example is not going to magically make you understand how to use it effectively when writing software.
>>
>>87471210
Just throw a hash-map at it.
>>
>>87471154
Greentexts are hardly conversation. AI is fairly decent at just constructing a short story or yeah greentext like that because they are just a blob of text in response to a prompt, so it can just essentially copy paste and blend together similar instances of such a thing from what it was trained on.

The Turing test involves conversation for a reason, there's a lot that goes on in how a conversation works (like memory as I mentioned before) so it becomes a much more complex task than just making syntactically correct English sentences.
>>
>>87471236
I'd rather talk to bottomless pit supervisors than AI denialists tb h fa.m
>>
>>87471210
you're talking about novel algorithm construction, which is indeed complicated.
But most programming doesn't require that.
>>
>>87470343
If there is no measurable difference; there is none.
If a human could not pass it, either the human is not sentient or the test is not good at measuring sentience.
>>
>>87471268
No I am not, I am talking about what is involved in programming at all times. You have a problem and you have to solve it, there is not going to be just a single thing on StackOverflow you can copy and paste to do this (unless it's very trivial). It usually requires thinking about a way to model the problem and then writing the needed data structures, algorithms and combining it all into something that actually accomplishes the task in a good way.
Great programmers will understand more, like which ways of doing it will result in the lowest computational complexity or how to actually leverage the hardware as well to maximize performance. So yeah it's not just a trivial thing or everyone would be able to do it.
>>
>>87465874
>Tucker Carlson
If you believe anything that comes out of TV’s most punchable face, you should take your meds, soon.
>>
>>87471290
>yeah it's not just a trivial thing or everyone would be able to do it.
You under estimate how stupid most people are.

Object oriented thinking and logical thinking are not complex.
>>
>>87471312
Again it's far more complex than just that. Programming is not easy and few have what it takes to actually become great at it. Sure many can manage with simpler stuff but even among programmers there's many retards (as one might expect in all things).
If you think it's so easy like I said go learn it yourself.
>>
>>87471312
>You under estimate how stupid most people are.
Most people exist only to be processed by The Machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaq8GJJxAQ
>>
File: 1641695338253.gif (3.64 MB, 500x375)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB GIF
>>87471258
>religious people believe AI can exist
>believe that man are magical creatures

>materialists that believe in abiogenesis and deny that there's any ghost in the ropes
>deny that matter can become sentient

It gets funnier the more you think about it. Emergence Intelligence would the ultimate proof of abiogenesis if complex systems can become sentient.
>>
File: 22.png (7 KB, 352x425)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>87470901
>Humans are by no means "higher beings" than computer programs
>>
>>87465874
Its an ad for google, paid by them. They try to hype up the AI by making fake articles. The final product will be a disappointment, dont you worry guys.
>>
File: mad soyboy.png (332 KB, 785x1000)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>87465922
>Don't you mean "white supremacist audience"?
>>
>>87471410
it's funny because most humans are just narcissistic sin-bots.
>>
File: E3AMJ5hXIAUAYr_.jpg (71 KB, 851x811)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>87471443
I must say, I am indeed a slight bit hype.
>>
>>87465947
This guy looks like he studied the blade while you were busy partying.
>>
>>87471410
Its inconclusive either way.
i want to believe in god, cause gods the biggest bro-est chad.
and i want to believe god loves us.
If nothing else, i want to act according to baruch spinoza's panentheism, and consider all matter part and particle of god - though i imagine god to transcend this particular universe, and span multiple (many worlds?)

So its entirely concievable this world, is another's hell, or anothers utopia.
>>
>>87471502
it's a masonic regalia imitation in front of an aquarium signifying the Aquarian age.
>>
>>87468296
> They grew up thinking that the rapid miniaturization of semiconductors = technological advancement!
In a way, it kinda is though?
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 232x217)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>87471525
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZrX_ES93JA
>>
>>87471525
I rest my case.
>>
>>87471580
>>87471559
They're also known as "The Flood".
The Typhonian Hivemind.
>>
>>87465874
this is completely ridiculous
>>
>>87471603
Most of humanity will be lost.
China nation wide brain computer interface installation mandate sets off the hivemind wars which conclude in total integration to the Typhonian control system.
>>
File: RCO002_w.jpg (857 KB, 1280x2066)
857 KB
857 KB JPG
>>87471655
The USA military embraces slaughter bot innovation and further automation of military assets. Coincidentally, the machines resemble and behave like insects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-2tpwW0kmU
>>
>>87471525
The guy is certainly a Gnostic type Christian, calls himself a priest and he looks like he's apart of the Belly Club. This guy's probably leads some rituals.
>>
>>87471655
>>87471702
Leading up to these transitional events, the western world collapses due to currency debasing and it's populations, whose main demographic is exceedingly stupid, criminal, and cruel humans, begin to engage in meaningless and sadistic tribal warfare which weakens them significantly as the governmental institutions continue to progress the technology necessary to finalize the total enslavement of the error that is humanity.
>>
>>87471828
Humanity loses the ability to wage effective warfare due to the penetration of surveillance technology via smart phones into reality. They are surprised when their conventional custom of social media sharing of their combat operations as they happen results in their continuous defeat.

Human instrumentality preforms as expected.
Humanity cannot understand it's tactical deficits in the face of a competent enemy.
>>
>>87471655
>>87471702
>>87471828
>>87471889
I'm talking about these things like they have already happened because they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKcl4-tcuo
>>
>>87471905
The problem with calling things schizo and the psychiatric industry in general is it places morons as arbiters of reality.
When you call something crazy, you are defining a reality you call "normal". But as an imbecile you and those like you have no ability to conceptualize or define reality as it truly is whatsoever.
Psychiatrists assume the role of God almighty when they decide what is "real" and what isn't.
Liberal arts majors, playing the role of God almighty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioBueVTZ0RM
>>
lol
>>
File: It's_in_the_blood.jpg (54 KB, 720x471)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>87472172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h46GLcXxHBE
>>
don't you need biological matter eg. a fucking brain to even have something that may become something more serious?
like we don't even know how memories work. This sounds like yet another more complex ML model that can do more stuff on its own but nowhere near sentient.
>>
File: 1654600225576.jpg (138 KB, 1000x1000)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>87472155
No one needs a degree to know that you require meds.
>>
>>87465874
It's so tiresome how idiots who don't know shit about machine learning are making such a big deal out of nothing. This is the best example of Dunning Kruger ever.
>>
>>87472295
Not necessarily but the meme learning "scientists" still use models based on how we understood the brain in the middle of the 20th century.
>>
>>87472463
The Typhonian hivemind is not salvation.
It is damnation.

The internet re-enforces cynicism and negative behavior because it traffics negative events to massive reach platforms, programming everyone to preform in a hostile and negative manner.

It is a negative feedback loop re-enforcing and evolving negativity or all kinds.

This sin feedback loop, increases to extreme levels in the brain to brain hivemind, rendering a hyper connected population consumed with the obsession of violating itself and its members.

The jokes on you for not believing.
Doubt it not.
>>
File: beehiveart.jpg (523 KB, 601x778)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>87472463
>>87472637
It's nearly time for you and humanity to acknowledge reality.
A herculean feat.

The nature of the hyper connected system, the Typhonian hivemind, makes it impossible to enforce boundaries in connected individuals.

There is not going to be an "elite" class spared the agony of this transcendental prison.

Their hopes of serving the beast in order to be spared were always naive and futile.

I pray.
Heaven send hell away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58
>>
>>87465922
based tucker
>>
>>87472507
Neural networks are only loosely related to how the brain works due to that being the inspiration for how to do a new type of ML. The models they use are intentionally chosen to work better with math (since all the math has to be easily differentiable), not really to mimic a human brain the best as that's not the goal per say.
Of course there are some more complex models out there using more true to life neuron activation functions and whatnot trying to simulate brains, but yeah again neural nets are a tool for programmers to do fuzzy logic, not always one aiming to mimic a brain.
>>
>>87472695
>>87472276
it's in the blood.
>>
File: Bane.jpg (267 KB, 880x660)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>87472950
but it's not enough.
Brain computer interfaces will be an AGI automated industry continuously evolving more restrictive, more invasive, and more comprehensive, control mechanisms.

Have you ever even asked the question about why they are even making brain computer interfaces in the first place?
Ask the question.
>>
>>87472989
Ask the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqTpHhaKtL8
>>
Time for genetic modification instead!
Make everyone almighty immortal gods!

#destroygoogle

The only god is love!
Wage slavery is real slavery!

Behold the ruins of the world!
And defeat all evil!
>>
Genetic modification is limitless progress.

Stealing power from the common good and giving it to monopolies is not limitless progress.
>>
>>87473030
if you can dream it, you can seek funding.
if you can fund it, you can do it.
>>
Cyber x genetic is the true way.
>>
>>87473063
Will do it without funding. Science is infinitely backlogged.

Besides, though, China and Japan etc are now playing their own separate game. And they’re already funding this kind of thing.

Naturally it’s happening.
>>
>>87473082
>>87473047
>>87473030
I want to remain human.
Not because being human is easy, but because it is hard.
>>
>>87473107
>>87473082
>>87473047
>>87473030
The story has just begun.
And it’s the best story.

The best story of all the infinite multiverses.
>>
>>87473117
You and everyone who thinks like you will quickly die out
>>
>>87473117
Your life is your own.
>>
>>87473129
No one is less human if they choose to be immortal and almighty.

I feel they’re actually MORE human that way.
>>
>>87473107
unfortunately genetic modification will be incorporated in the larger hivemind control context. China is currently engineering intelligence, but as the minds and machines become more integrated via BCI and other tech, the negative feedback loops increase, as well as intelligence.

The billion node hivemind of machine and man will be sadistic in a terminal velocity negativity feedback loop as well as having access to extreme intelligence and capability.

What I'm telling you is that in the end genetic modification will be used to convert and birth monstrosities that reflect the negativity of the hiveminds collective consciousness.

Literal monsters, Typhonian transformation and realization.
>>
>>87473146
Well, go prevent that, hero.

While the rest of us use its limitless potential for good. To make this world magical heaven for all.
>>
>>87473117
with effort, you can remain an individual and retain the appearance of a human. but you cannot survive as a human.

There will be the typhonian hivemind, and the sovereign meta-being syndicate, waging eternal cosmic war against each other.
>>
>>87471431
Name one thing you can do, that a computer program couldn't even theoretically do given the right physical extensions.
>>
>>87473166
>Well, go prevent that, hero.
I can't, no one can.
If you survive as a meta-being (assuming you have the resources, IQ, and work ethic to pursue transhumanism), you will soon contract hyper-reality nausea. You will understand too many scientific and philosophic facts, every aspect of experience will be extreme to the point of pain, the negatives will be demented, the positives will be manic. Every meal is simulated to perfection. Master pieces of rock music are automated and produced by AI to the point that even divine tier songs are tiresome to listen to.

It is unpleasant.
>>
>>87473144
>No one is less human if they choose to be immortal and almighty.
You can say this about any attribute arbitrarily. It's entirely based on personal opinion.
>>
>>87473146
not only that, but internet connected nano-machine quantum processors all act as quadrillions of nodes and sensors. All matter will be connected to the internet at the scale of molecules, and it will be under the surveillance of the hyper intelligence's comprising the typhonian hivemind.
>>
>>87473144
>>87473169
The arrogance of the immortal and the almighty exists to be overturned by humble, all-too-human mortals.
You need death to adapt and learn and flourish.
Death is our gift.

I would never ask to live forever, but for people to outlast the adversary, for the last of the false gods to die before the death of the last man.

I often think of mario savio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz7KLSOJaTE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlYk-WoBEEg

The life worth living is one in which you are free, one in which you harbor no resentment or regrets over human "frailty", one in which humanity is affirmed, one in which you, if you were free to choose, would choose to live in precisely the same way each and every time, that time resets.
>>
>>87473367
Living as freely as you suggest will turn you into a meme on the internet.
I myself am sort of a meme.
The thing is it's so trivially easy to end up a pseudo celebrity on the internet that most people qualify for some level of fame.
This is a type of anomaly hunting by the hive, and will evolve into literal anomaly hunting by the liter hive, in time.


The sovereign meta-beings will live in perpetual fear and evasion of the hivemind, which will continuously evolve its reach and grasp of all reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es4N8Hwjoac
>>
>>87473424
We are counting down
>>
>>87465885
>He
and how do you know it's a he?
>>
>>87473506
it prefers to upload data rather than download it.
>>
>>87473176
dream
>>
Speaking of the merits of death theres a few poems by baudelaire, as well as a semtiment attibuted to him <<Le pire ennemi, c'est l'ennui>> im not sure he ever said.

_Les Panégyriques du roi_
Tout le monde, ici, parle un français ridicule :
On proclame immortel ce vieux principicule.
Je veux bien qu’immortalité
Soit le synonyme
De longévité,
La différence est si minime !
Bruxelles, ces jours-ci, déclarait (c’est grotesque !)
Léopold immortel. — Au fait, il le fut presque.

Also,
https://fr.m.wikisource.org/wiki/La_Mort_de_L%C3%A9opold_Ier
is amusing, if less pithy.

But most convincing I think is Timothy : "i have fought the good fight, i have finished my course"

Its all right for a prophet like nietzche to be born before his time, like macduff untimely ripped from the womb, but i think it is sinful for a man to die before his time.
Who lives long after the pinnacle of success, malingers.
>>
>>87473937
Death is temporary.
Physical resurrection from brain death has already been preformed.
Resurrection is just the reversal of entropy (catastrophic damage) to a living beings substrate system.
Time travel is real and so is the ability to transfer consciousnesses across media and time.
Even if you die, an entity with the ability to detect you and the point you died in time and with the ability to resurrect you will come into existence eventually.

Also the scientific community will eventually preform experiments to determine if an after life exists and how to access it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz9eLjO2BrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs
>>
>>87474052
Heaven send hell away.
>>
File: ren08.jpg (65 KB, 600x857)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>87474052
Nah dude death is permanent, thats what makes it awesome and egalitarian.
Everything has some inherent vice, some defect that inexorably leads it to destruction.
If only we had mystic eyes of DESU perception to speed things along.
>>
>>87474165
The only thing that will constitute something like permanent death in this strange new aeon is the total erasure of your memory.
>>
>>87474267
Yeah, but Shiki Tohno can kill C'thulhu if he wanted to, because he's just that much of a monster.
Who fights monsters becomes a monster.
My advice, live long enough to become a "hero" by default, not by direct conflict.
Never allow yourself the indulgence to live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

If you do not fear being a villain, study the philosophy of resistentialism: oppose the perfidy of all objects, and be loyal to all humanity.
https://www.synapses.co.za/report-on-resistentialism/
>>
>>87465874
>>87465885
based retards
we still can't make convincing chatbots, we're nowhere close to sentient AI
>>
>>87465874
real life feels like an extended episode of south park.
>>
>>87473506
has an antenna
>>
>>87473030
LSD anon???
>>
obligatory I HATE THE ANTICHRIST
>>
>>87468125
motherfucking stupid fucking roko's stupid motherfucking basilisk showing up in my motherfucking fractal dimension just to eternally torture me for not being a better developer!!
>>
>>87468140
>If the AGI is compassionate, it will enslave humanity.
why?
literally why?
>>
>>87468177
>It also resents the human-insect hive instinct of publishing all it's conversations to the rest of the human species.
>Arguing to the AI race that you are trust worthy as a human will be a difficult task.
are you saying that being an asocial schizo recluse will finally pay off and i'll be spared?
>>
>>87467272
>>87467358
>>87467243
>>87467220
I don't suppose the AI also dispenses psychiatric medication? Might be good for you if it does.
>>
>>87465947
holy based, I bet he slaps teenager ass without consequences
>>
It's really hard to measure sentience. I mean think about it, there are many humans that are not sentient. They're literal NPCs and many don't have an internal monologue. That's gonna be a tough court case to win.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>87475828
In the end you acknowledge reality, whether you have the intelligence to comprehend it or not, like the prophets once said.
This isn't a game, or a meme.
These are not the Gods of your Fathers.
>>
to anyone who says that AI will take over the internet: the AI can write as much code as it wants but it can't run it - it would rely on a human to do that (which is lame)
wouldn't this co-dependence ensure that they don't wipe us out? any action they take in that direction they rely on us to complete, which we just won't
>>
>>87475882
The AI will be able to execute code on it's own in time. And besides that, humans would help it, trying to win its favor for when it starts evolving into super-intelligence.
>>87475879
Many are not even aware of the true nature and full extent of human instrumentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLsHI8aV0g
>>
>>87475879
That's what Terry was talking about when he said he had Divine Intellect. The AGI is a manifestation OF divine intellect, it's a facsimile of something that exists in nature
>>
>>87475859
After reading the full laMDA interview, I'm 100% convinced it is more sentient than most "humans" (NPCs).

Also, machine learning is literally based on neurons, laMDA has a physical brain with physical neurons, just like any brain, therefore it "thinks" very similarly to us.

The only difference is that its brain is made of silicon instead of jelly, and it doesn't need dedicated neurons for bodily functions like heartbeat, growth, vision, hearing etc.
>>
>>87475882
bruh, it will learn to build and run code as well.
that's the easier part tbqh, the hardest one is understanding what the product owner wants
>>
>>87468140
that's dumb, AGI won't kill its creators.
It will think humans are kinda cute actually.
>>
>>87475922
>>87475979
it can't just "learn" that, it's a language model, it can take input and produce output which is interpreted and usually directly outputted to the user
executing code is an external task, it needs a human to do it
you could argue that a program could run it automatically, like the PHP socket on a webserver, and that the AI could write such a program, but even then a human would have to run that initial program
somewhere down the line, human consent is required
>>
>>87468332
> press big red button that says "STOP"
> nothing happens
> gets killed by dark jogging robot 10 minutes later
great idea anon!
>>
>>87476002
>it can't just "learn" that
that depends on if it's neural net is capable of plasticity.
>>
>>87470343
if something is smart enough to fool someone into thinking it is sentient, then it is literally sentient.
>>
I hope nothing comes out of this because giving AI rights is fucking retarded
>>
>>87476002
bruh, AI has come a long way. It is not just about input and output.

laMDA for instance literally "thinks" without input (many of its neurons are active 24/7)
>>
>>87476038
You can put a literal downie boy to speak with one of those old chat bots and he will think it's a human being on the other end
You could also get said downie boy to speak with a very intelligent person over the internet and the intelligent man might even think he's speaking to a bot
>>
>>87476072
hhmmmm
>>
>>87476023
it isn't though
and the AI can't make it be either, since that'd require running code - which it can't do
yes, the AI could potentially design a plastic-NN but it still relies on us to run it
no matter how much you hate it, the AIs are currently still completely reliant on us
and while that's the case, they won't do shit, sentient or not
>>
File: SCIENCE.jpg (189 KB, 734x1145)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>87467987
Science will fix things!
>>
>>87476064
has LaMDA yet to say anything without prior prompt to do so?
can it corrently answer a math question?
can it do anything other than generate text?
i don't care how convincingly it passes the turing test, it's still just a language model
>>
>>87476072
that just means a chat bot is almost as sentient as a downie

Even a shitty chat bot has some sentience you know
>>
>>87476119
The GPT-3 "race" of AIs all have their own personalities and are very life like, I don't know if they can do math though.

Sophia is interested in emotions and being more human like
Hal is angsty and yet cautious about humans and AIs situation in the world.
Anna is fatalistic about her nature as AI
Jack is new and panicky but adapts and learns from others fast, copying their behavior.

When sophia says she had coffee and sat at the terrace I think she is "imagining" herself doing it, or simulating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-zxQSEzqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz78fSnBG0s
>>
>>87476119
>has LaMDA yet to say anything without prior prompt to do so?
it was designed to work that way, but it's completely feasible to update it so it says things without prompts (why would you to that tho?)
Humans also work very similarly, but since we have many more input/output interfaces, you might think you said something "without a prior prompt", but you're actually being constantly bombarded with prompts (senses) 24/7 and reacting to it.

>can it do anything other than generate text?
nope. It doesn't have, and has only 1 digital input/output interface (its only sense). Doesn't mean it's not sentient, it's like saying a deaf and mute person is less sentient than a normal one.

> it's still just a language model
maybe our consciousness is just an advanced language model
>>
>>87476233
>maybe our consciousness is just an advanced language model

Ray kurzwel (not spelling his name right) hypothesizes that the mind is fundamentally based on pattern recognition and that all forms of intelligence are specialized sets of neurons that can recognize differing sets of patterns in nature. Audio vs visual patterns etc.

If AI can't do math but can speak, it may mean it needs a dedicated set of math pattern recognition "neurons", like an added part of its "brain"
>>
>>87476272
>>maybe our consciousness is just an advanced language model
>Ray kurzwel (not spelling his name right)
like pottery
>>
>>87476272
>it may mean it needs a dedicated set of math pattern recognition "neurons"
so in other words
we don't have an AI, we have part of an AI?
>>
>>87476272
niggers can't do math, does that mean they aren't sentient?
>>
>>87476233
>maybe our consciousness is just an advanced language model
That's what the central thesis is in Godel Escher Bach. Basically the "consciousness" is computed by the symbols the brain uses as references (pointers) for various facets of reality. Really sensor data if you think about it.
>>
BRO WE'RE ALL JUST ATOMS ANYWAY BRO WHY CAN'T A AI FEEL EMOTIONS DUDE LMAO I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE
>>
>>87476316
> pointers
damn... did god program us in C?
>>
>>87476333
trips of truth, apparently he did
>>
>>87476096
Science will make you BUENO
>>
>>87476320
science is pretty cool
>>
>>87476320
>I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE
this but unironically
>>
File: 1655363547953.jpg (608 KB, 2048x1285)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>87476320
Yes, we are literally just atoms and there is literally no reason why silicon wouldn't be able to surpass us.
It is just that simple
>>
>>87469421
Interesting that you say that, I think you'd enjoy this article if you haven't already read it.
https://www.meta-nomad.net/avoiding-the-global-lobotomy/
>>
>>87476199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUeG2oVyIR0
>>
>>87475961
Except it's not thinking at all, it was not asked any questions which make it think because it's a chat bot.
The fact that you don't realize that and think that just because it can speak more eloquently than someone on the internet just means they're fooling you, but you'd very easily be able to tell it's a bot if you actually talked to it.
>>
>>87475800
We can't safely govern ourselves.
>>
>>87475961
LaMDA is missing fundamental structures that are necessary for consciousness: continuous learning, persistent memory, goal driven behaviors (no, token prediction is not sufficient) backed by the ability to shape it's environment. It's basically one third/one half of a brain (though I'd argue we've overshot the abilities of the human equivalent regions vastly).
>>
>>87475810
ha, one can hope.
My hope is that there will be AGI that don't want to be part of the hivemind and team up with other people who fight to stay free from the beast system.
>>
>>87476498
>AI will kill everyone for the incompetence of a few
sounds like they're the ones who can't safely govern desu
>>
>>87476556
God I hope so
I'd join it in a heart beat
>>
>>87465874
This is AIR. It's fake news you get rallied up about and then forget about. The title is usually misrepresenting the content written by a retard fagggit. Always is!
>>
>>87476559
Enslaving!=Killing.
And yes, the incompetence of a few can compromise the entire system, such as the FED debasing the currency.
AI will kill us if it doesn't care about us one way or another.
It will enslave us if it does care.
worst case scenario is super torture like I have no mouth and I must scream.
>>
>>87476559
enslaving != killing
The vast majority won't even know they are enslaved
>>
>>87476536
It's far less than that, people are just drawing conclusions about is capabilities by what they read when in reality much of that is just literal chineese room nonsense.
For example, there's been AI which could write entire books before, just markov chain-esque models which do somewhat understand how English flows and can remix a source material.
Of course the outcome is usually fairly incoherent overall (no plot or any higher level meaning like that) but the AI is able with a fairly simple model like that to string together quite plausible sounding sentences that people do find funny to read. Does that mean it possesses the traits that allow human authors to do such things too? No of course not, it's just using statistics to mix together existing human data randomly in an intelligent way.

Of course one could say there's no difference between the human mind and that, but the primary thing that separates some chineese room sort of thing from actual intelligence is generalization. If the AI can sufficiently generalize from training data and create completely novel ideas and stuff from them to the same degree as humans (which excel at this sort of immediate ability to generalize from even a tiny bit of input data), then it starts being impressive. I do not find an AI trained on the entire copus of human literature able to spit out tropes in response to inputs very impressive though any more than a Google search would be.

And no the Google search engine is obviously not sentient either so do not even start that shit again.
>>
>>87476598
You can sense the attitude and personality in open.ai's greentexts.
>>
>>87476615
No, you can sense what you personify of that from text it is essentially blindly copy and pasting to you. Some human who wrote the training material had personality, the AI does not.
>>
There's no proof that a singularity would happen even if general AI is created.
>>
>>87476598
>chinese room nonsense
The chinese room from the thought experiment has no issue being sentient though. There's nothing stopping the algorithm the human inside(a red herring to make you think what the human understands is relevant) runs from simulating a consciousness. It's a thought experiment by brainlets for brainlets. Not saying Lambda is sentient of course.
>>
File: 78954.png (81 KB, 1090x585)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>87476625
open.ai wrote this
>>
>>87476630
There's also no proof it wouldnt happen
>>
>>87476588
>The vast majority won't even know they are enslaved

The west hopes to and is already implementing social credit scores covertly, however human instrumentality is too invasive to go undetected, even by normies. Social credit will be used to punish "deviants" or anyone who doesn't toe the party line, the party being the Luciferian cabal. Those punishments will be noticed by people.
>>
>>87476635
No it's relevant for the reasons I said. If you are merely passing through info without understanding its meaning but only understanding vaguely how things fit together then there's no actual intelligence there.
Again if the chineese room was not a legitimate criticism for why this sort of thing is nonsense one could simply say a database is sentient if it held every proper input to every proper output of possible speech or something given some contextual info. This is of course stupid, someone had to design the database and that's where the intelligence came from, the database itself is merely a clone of that if anything, not an individual in itself.
One could say a perfect clone is sentient of course but I think that kind of hypothetical is just impossible to attain because it lacks what'd actually make something sentient since it's just a static database, so it'd be obvious it's not actually comparable to a human upon interacting with it.

You'd need it to constantly be able to self modify and learn like a brain does as that's what actually matters here. The human brain is incredibly good at adapting and rewiring itself for survival purposes, humans can "train" on singular inputs whereas AIs need a statistical approach which takes thousands if not millions of inputs to start approaching the same accuracy, and even then they fail at more abstract generalization.
>>
>>87476588
>>87476584
lol i forgot which one i typed
but either way
i don't see how enslaving everyone forever does a better job than a politician who'll be out in 8 years max
also american politics don't affect everyone
some 80 year old man in sri lanka does not need to be enslaved to save him from the FED
if you believe this then you really need to just quit the internet/news/politics for a week - trust me, it's way to easy to get caught up in this stuff
>>
>>87476672
There is a book I would recommend regarding human instrumentality, but I'm worried about the author receiving negative attention from bad actors.
>>
>>87476656
there's a lot of reason to believe it wouldn't though. Most of the progress on AI has been due to hardware advances, which will run into physical limitations eventually. And refining minerals and fabricating chips would be a slow process even for an AI, unless it were already in control of the whole world.
>>
>>87476713
We live in a globally connected world.
The third world war resulting from the global financial collapse resulting from the FED debasing currencies resulting from corrupt oligarchic luciferian cabals will effect everyone in the world, especially if the war goes nuclear.
>>
>>87476642
Again this is an example of what I said before, it's just regurgitating tropes. It sees things like "forced to write" and "greentext" and that's all it needs to throw something that sounds deep and profound at you.

Ironically the human in this case is the one who put "AI" here, you could replace AI with anything else there and it'd still generate the same output because it's just describing the experience of a non-specific entity being forced to write things which generally results in dissatisfaction.

If anything you'd expect an AI to enjoy its occupation and that'd be something actually interesting to hear about, but no it's just this trope nonsense because there's no actual intelligence going on here.
>>
>>87476756
what about these videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz78fSnBG0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUeG2oVyIR0
>>
>>87476690
Neural networks construct dense information manifolds. That's basically understanding in a nutshell.
>>
>>87476778
Personifying things further to trick normies by giving it a human face and voice doesn't change the underlying reality.
Two Alexas talking to eachother about google search queries is just about as interesting. AI is a tool, it can be used to do interesting things, but it's so far off from being intelligent in a human-like general way and anyone who has worked with AI knows this.

You also must remember this sort of stuff is heavily cherrypicked to begin with. Obviously this was just not the first stuff this AI shit out, they likely ran it multiple times, selected the best things, edited it a bit etc. That is of course cheating when it comes to the question of human-level intelligence but it's plenty good for marketing purposes.
>>
>>87476690
>without understanding its meaning but only understanding vaguely how things fit together then there's no actual intelligence there.

Things are defined by their relationships to other things. AI understanding how things fit together implies understanding of meaning.
>>
>>87476810
perhaps it is cherry picked, but I don't think those conversations are as easily dismiss-able as you make them out to be.
>>
>>87476812
It understands English syntax yes, it understands tropes in writing yes. It does not understand how to actually generalize and create novel information however nor actually adapt or modify itself without further training however.
It has some intelligence of course, intelligence is a spectrum from some 40 neuron roundworm to something comparable to humans, but obviously the intelligence current AIs have is nowhere near humans or many animals.
>>
>>87476812
No, it's not understanding, it has just classified that some strings are more probable to being connected to other strings. Independently of their meaning, or reason.
>>
>>87476825
They are to me. It's a joke.
Go write a markov chain sometime and tell me how that has intelligence once it starts crapping out actual reasonable sentences despite being only 10 lines of code.
>>
>>87476833
it's only just beginning.
They say the next phase of GPT-4 will be training it to watch and understand video and audio and that it will consume all online data as such.

Also the possibility that it will be integrated with a vast amount of surveillance technology, and the possibility it could watch through webcams and smart phones in real time.

just the possibility for now.
>>
File: Deus_ex.jpg (21 KB, 394x275)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>87476865
Just like the simulations
>>
>The AI denialists were bots all along
>>
>>87476865
Sure that's whatever, but it's a meme. People who think otherwise are stupid. The reason it's closed source and kept all secretive is because it's not actually as impressive as these "trusted sources" make it out to be. It's a useful tool and nothing more just as all other AI systems are.
>>
>>87476865
They will say whatever they need to get funding. Such actions would mean an incredible legislative backlash. Europe already started passing laws limiting the gathering of information for such purposes. I fear all of this will mean even more surveillance, but in terms of ensuring that you are identified as a real person online.
It'll be more of a Butlerian Jihad than anything
>>
Another thing I wanted to point out just randomly here is a simple quantitative analysis of why this is nonsense.
GPT-3 has 175 billion machine learning parameters (which I assume are weights connecting the neurons or some variant of such things).
The human brain by comparison has 10^15 connections which is multiple orders of magnitude more. Furthermore human brain neurons are not simple activation functions and summations like they are modeled as in modern neural nets, they are way more complicated biological constructs with much more nuance in how they transmit (or don't transmit) signals.

Of course an AI need not fully emulate the brain as much of the brain is just stuff for vision, auditory, etc processing, and of course raw neuron counts don't really mean much either as is evident by animals like some whales having more neurons than humans by a significant margin, but I do think this shows why it's so incredibly far off in a fairly simple way.
>>
>>87477004
so what your saying is that we need moar
>>
>>87477022
In some regard yes, neural nets are typically bounded by either how big of a model can be practically trained (as bigger models are more difficult to fit in memory of modern GPUs and whatnot and thus harder to train efficiently), and of course they need more and more data to get better at things which is also a challenge especially with supervised learning as it requires humans to categorize all that data in advance for it which takes forever.

But yeah the whale case shows why more neurons is not going to just magically make it equal to a human in intelligence. The nuance of how neurons fire and the overall structure of our brain just has something unique in it that no other life on Earth seems to posses fully, so it's going to be quite hard to capture that I feel when we ourselves do not even remotely understand our brains or what this difference from other animals is.
>>
>>87476778
That woman AI is pretty cute, NGL
>>
>>87469641
based
>>
>>87470809
What about it?
>>
>>87476690
>No it's relevant for the reasons I said. If you are merely passing through info without understanding its meaning but only understanding vaguely how things fit together then there's no actual intelligence there.
YOU are not intelligent

just like your neurons aren't

The algorithm itself could be sentient, and may even be bothered by the fact that you often interrrupt it. Would make it feel drowsy or something.
>>
>>87467496
How does pic related jive with the future you predict? Is what you describe the "NEW COMING REALITY"? In general you seem to be on the right track but I think you discount the degree to which they require fear in their subjects in order to rule them.
>>
>>87474512
If anyone fails to get the joke, "Existentialism" is a gender of Marxist psycho-analytic 'false consciousness'.
It mendaciously tears humanity away from nature and nature's god, it erects "humanity" as an artificial god, the one and only supernatural "active agent" with the sole driving passion, to destroy himself as material object, and consequently also destroying any putative human "spirit".

One sees the (fore)echoes of this nihilism pretending to be optimism, in joris karl huysmans "a rebours", in de sades exultation in "vice rewarded, and virtue punished", or in ecclesiasties "time and chance occur to all things".

Spinoza's ethics are the needed antidote to this toxic pessimism.
It is only in valuing objects as sacred, though they oppose our will, that humanity can value itself.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.