[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1635906187151.png (10 KB, 254x198)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
were reaching the limits of silicon.

how will they deal with it? multi-GPU graphics cards?
>>
File: 1648962466001.jpg (377 KB, 1800x1800)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>86936575
those already exist

compute scaling with multiple GPUs for research is all that's really important and they do that already

gamers will have to go outside
>>
>>86936575
>how will they deal with it?
Don't care, everything worth using can be run on a 6c/12t processor and a mid-range GPU.
>>
>>86936575
>multi-GPU graphics cards?
They already tried that. They don't do that anymore because they're more trouble than they're worth.
>>
if the recent leaks are any suggestion, more power, welcome to 600w cards
>>
>>86936575
i use intel ingrate
>>
>>86936575
Optimized code
>>
>>86936575
>were reaching the limits of silicon
I remember hearing this before you were born. I recall reading that sub-micron features were impossible.
I shit you not. Then I read that sub-70nm features were impossible - but then said that IBM had manufactured chips with 50nm features, kinda destroying their argument.
>>
File: vr checkpoint.webm (2.98 MB, 852x480)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
aaa games have been garbage for like a decade or more, more power is not really needed desu

at this point it's like cars, you've reached the limit of what's useful and anything higher is just people getting into a dick measuring contest
>>
the gaming industry got raped to death. you must be a real loser to still play the broken shit they dare to release.
>>
>>86937229
the gaming industry is shit that's for sure but there's still some games worth actually playing like doom eternal and ghostwire tokyo and dying light 2
>>
>>86936575
I will NOT buy GPUs with shit PPP.
Electricity cost an arm here, this isn't the USA.
>>
>>86936575
>were reaching the limits of silicon.
no we're not
>>
>>86936575
>were reaching the limits of silicon.
>>
>>86936887
For a short period SLI was great, when it actually had support, the only problem with multi-GPU cards themselves was bad implementation, specially cooling. But those cards were pretty small compared to today high end cards.
>>
>>86937025
what are you talking about, I still can't run dual 5k VR glasses at 120+ Hz, even with a 3090, we need to go faster
>>
Bros I just want cheap crap that's better than intlel built in why is everything 3k+ bucks!? When I was a kid I bought myself a radeon 9800 by saving lunch money I don't understand what happened.
>>
>>86938049
>Bros I just want cheap crap that's better than intlel built in
AMD APUs exist.
>>
>>86937874
2080ti and soon 6800xt fag here I feel your pain fellow vr bro
Have a quest 2 at the moment alot more gpu power for sims would be awesome
>>
>>86936575
AMD will use their revolutionary Infinity Fabric™ technology from their innovative Ryzen™ processors to connect multiple GPUs together. NVIDIA is going to crank up the power limit and create some new stupid gimmick technology to handicap AMD and Intel.
>>
>>86938120
APU's are cpus, anon. I want a video cards.
>>
>>86938049
>When I was a kid I bought myself a radeon 9800 by saving lunch money I don't understand what happened.

when tech companies went public stock the jews saw the green lines going up which meant tech companies were ready to be infiltrated and subverted

The exception to the above was Intel since it was jewish from the start
>>
>>86938049
And how much has the cost of that lunch inflated in the meantime?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.