[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image-asset.jpg (993 KB, 1500x1200)
993 KB
993 KB JPG
What writing instruments does /g/ use?

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki//ppg/_-_Pen_%26_Pencil_General
>>
Just got a Wing Sung 699 and I'm loving it, though honestly the Moonman/Majohn C3 feels like a more fleshed out and better designed pen
>>
>>86923478
Very nice
>>
any good writing utensils for math?
>>
WRITING UTENSIL RANKING
THIS IS OBJECTIVE AND CAN NOT BE DISPUTED

1A: Mechanical pencil. Writes on fucking everything, even upside down. Cheap to feed and theoretically lasts a lifetime if cared for. No wear items. Tip damage not possible with proper, non-autismo designs. Not suitable for official documents but those are largely done online and sent over encrypted connections for security. The lack of permanence is a pro. Reuse your paper or mark on things that shouldn't be permanently defaced.
1B: Wooden pencil. Item of last resort if you lose your mechanical.
2A. Fineliner marker. These write extremely smoothly, with absolutely no pressure required, and can write on pretty much any surface without bleeding, feathering, or smearing unless you are using a very large line width on a very non-absorbent surface and actively trying to fuck it up. Can even mark plastic and glass. Ink is normally archival grade.
2B: Pressurized ballpoint. These are rarely permanent and are uncomfortable to use for long periods of time, but can put ink on heavily soiled/wet paper in freezing temps, which would wreck a marker in short order.
3: Fountain pen. A finicky piece of shit however you can write with more variation in line width and pick infinite ink colors. Cons: A lot of inks are trash and bleed/feather severely on most paper and even worse, aren't even close to waterproof or lightfast. Some "permanent" inks will fade to piss if your paper is exposed to indirect sunlight for two weeks. Basically, only good for writing on paper, but it does make your handwriting look quite nice as long as you don't fall for the round tipped fine nib "every day carry pen" meme or use trash inks. These are more of an art item than a practical tool and are optional
4: Gel pen. Inferior alternative to the fineliner. Writes on fewer surfaces, requires more pressure, and only some inks are nearly as permanent. Outclassed by markers in every way.
5: Standard ballpoint. Inferior alternative to the gel pen
>>
>be me
>buy a plastic water bottle
>cap comes off in one turn but forms an airtight seal
>be redditor
>buy an opus88 pen
>cap comes off in 4 turns and barely forms an airtight seal
lmao @ asian pens.
>>
>>86924548
Pencil writing will not wash off with water and pencils are the #1 choice for use with waterproof paper.

For 99% of the things you use a writing instrument for, the pencil is superior. It never dries out and it never leaks. The pencil follows the unix philosophy. It does one thing and it does it well.
>>
>>86924604
but I like ink... it's... so... smooth...
>>
>>86924548
>2A. Fineliner marker. These write extremely smoothly
every fineliner i've ever written with has been a scratchy piece of shit.
>>
>>86924824
No. Not unless your standards are set by luxury fountain pens that glide on paper because they are laying down a massive puddle of ink that takes 30 seconds to dry.
>>
>>86923421
Uniball Vision fine for most notes and drawing, and a pair of no name metal mechanical pencils in .05 and .07, plus various Sharpies and metal markers. Nothing fancy because I go through a lot of them.
>>
>>86923421
>keyboard

in the off chance I need to physically write something, I still have a stack of Pilot G2's (0.7mm) for writing checks and shit. still as nice as they ever were imo
>>
File: ecco_pigment.png (107 KB, 800x800)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
Faber Castell chad rolling through. Love these fucking things. I have every size from 0.1 to 0.7. Best pens/markers I've ever used
>>
File: lamy.jpg (54 KB, 1156x1170)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
only had the lamy safari for 3 days and its really nice
>>
File: 1647695115934.jpg (457 KB, 614x1024)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
>>86924548
Yeah, I like my mechanical pencils and fineliners
>>
>>86925021
Pilot G2s should not be used on checks, or lab notes, or garage notes. The ink washes off with household chemicals leaving no signs of adulteration. Uniball pens use "super ink" which is a pigment suspension that works into the celluose fibers and can't be removed without damaging the paper with mechanical stress and harsh detergents. Most markers with archival grade ink either use celluose binding ink or pigments. Fountain pen fags can use basically the same thing (nano-pigment inks ie: platinum carbon, sailor sei/sou boku and kiwa-guro) and celluose binding inks that accomplish the same thing (noodlers) but have inferior flow characteristics and are more prone to smearing since any dye that doesn't soak into the paper just sits on top of it. Still fraud proof though.
>>
>>86924892
I would sooner use a bic ballpoint than a marker.
>>
>>86925239
Weak chin, narrow shoulders: i dont like markers
Tall, handsome, lantern jaw, shoulders wide enough to carry two fat bitches comfortably: I only use sharpies.
>>
>>86924281
I like the Sakura Micron 05.

>>86925239
No one but autismos consider them markers. People often comment on how nice of a pen it is when they use mine.

Anyone used a Copic Multiliner SP? I've always heard that Copic is the GOAT for markers so I'm interested in how their pen is.
>>
>>86925266
Sharpies are great for their intended purpose. It's these little fine point markers tha tmake for awful writing on paper.
If you think a marker is smooth then i have to assume you have whitefinger or something.
>>
>>86925300
they are every bit as smooth as a fountain pen unless you're using one with a line width measured in actual microns.
>>
>>86923421
for me its the zebra f301
>>
>>86925498
Couldn't disagree more.
the little fibers snag and catch on everything that isn't perfectly smooth plastic. it's gritty and gross feeling.
>>
>>86925587
You have severe autism or just never used a practically dry fountain pen on anything but fancy paper because a fountain pen that doesn't write a fucking river has a very distinct feel on regular fibrous writing surfaces.
>>
>>86925587
Don't know what you're talking about, mine are smooth as butter.
>>
>>86925587
>little fibers
Must be a Sharpie thing, mine have no fibers.
>>
>>86925608
the only fountain pen I have ever used was a cheap extra fine point shitter and I never used it on anything but cheap paper. it did scratch if held off angle but it was still a better experience than any marker ever made.
>>
>>86925687
My Sharpies don't do that either. And I have 6.
>>
>>86925696
Most likely autism.
>shitter
/fa/ lingo, yep, autism.
>>
>for me: it's whichever pen I last had/got handed/took out of a draw or caddy...

A shovel is a shovel - if it's gold plated - great. Doesn't really change the fact that you have to shovel shit with it.
>>
>>86927463
if i have to choose i'm using one with a sharp tip, the edges folded over so i can get a good purchase when i stomp on it, and a long sturdy handle. "x is an x" is not a justification for using shitty tools that don't work reliably or efficiently.
>i need payment in the form of a check or cash or i charge you an extra 3% because burgerland
>*grabs bic* well, a shovel is a shovel!
>*grabs acetone* indeed!
>>
>>86924548
what a literal shit post
>>
>>86927864
A dirty lawyer/realtor/doctor etc could also wash your signature from documents to deny you services that you "never signed for". It's unlikely and would only happen for discriminatory reasons, like if a hospital in 2060 wanted to deny/delay treatments to straight white men but needed a less blatantly illegal way to do it.
>guide you into using paper instead of an electronic signature
>hand you a washable pen
>dumb cracker never signed the waivers so, we can't treat you
>I did.
>prove it!
A good pen with permanent ink is $1 and lasts for years.
>>
>>86927910
absolutely seething fountainigger
>>
>>86927921
>hand you a washable pen
Sorry sweaty, that's a violation of Corona policies, I'll use my own :^)
>>
>>86927948
You will use the pre-sterilized pens that have been documented as being santized per procedure and you will be happy. No outside writing instruments. They qualify as weapons. :^)
>>
File: index.jpg (19 KB, 300x300)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>86927966
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT
OBAMA CAN"T BAN THESE GUNS BABY
>>
>>86928036
>gets shot with estrogen syringes by the cops
>>
File: IMG_20220326_125041.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1080)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
>>86927864
I'm not disputing the physical attributes (a pen should write and not be messy for eg.)

But a shovel with bells and whistles - gold plated, led lights in the handle, etc. is no more or less a shovel the the $10 one I got a Bunnings.

If you treat a pen as a tool (rather than a pocket held status symbol you can virtue signal and boast about on /g/) then
>>86927921
>A good pen with permanent ink is $1 and lasts for years.
is all you'll ever need. & I would never pay that much.

I literally get given promo pens every week. Some a keepable quality, most are not but they all write, fit in muh pocketses and are free.
>>
Shill me a reasonably priced pen with an italic nib. I don’t care for stubs so much, as they don’t give the line variation I’m looking for. The cursive italic on the pilot metro/prera is surprisingly decent, but I’m looking for something a little broader. Any recommendations? I also had a Lamy that wasn’t so good (maybe just unlucky?) but I ground into something pretty ok.
>>
>>86928107
>gold plated, led lights in the handle, etc.
This isn't even an argument, it's just retarded. If we stick with the shovel analogy you're basically saying that a rough handle doesn't matter because eventually you'll just get used to the blisters and it can still dig a hole.
>status symbol you can virtue signal and boast about on /g/
I've had numerous people IRL talk about how nice my pen is. Little things like this matter way more than they should.
>>
>>86928107
A gold nib on a fountain pen is like a sharp tip that makes your job easier. But because it's a fountain pen it's a shovel of limited use, it has a short handle and a small spade that prevent it from being good for many jobs. However anyone who digs holes will probably have one laying around.

Permanent ink is like a sturdy, smooth handle. Also something anyone who digs holes will want to have. Shit matters. "X is an X" is a justification/cope for poorfaggotry.
>>
>>86928107
>But a shovel with bells and whistles - gold plated, led lights in the handle, etc
what kind of pens are you thinking of lol
>>
i think its worth mentioning that some people on 4chan think spending fifty bucks is the end of the world, the stupidest thing you could ever do, and an automatic mark of LE UGLY BAD MAN and likely don't have jobs that pay over minimum wage
>>
File: plebs.png (52 KB, 300x300)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>86928480
>average tech salaries sitting in the six figure range
>/g/: holy shit you bought a $100 pen you fucking moron consoomer soi retard use this 10 cent ballpoint
Probably linux users, desu. They don't have jobs after all.
>>
>>86928276
>I've had numerous people IRL talk about how nice my pen is.
>>86928396
>"X is an X" is a justification/cope for poorfaggotry.
& there it is.
>>86928107
>rather than a pocket held status symbol you can virtue signal and boast about on /g/

>>86928418
anything that costs more than it is worth.

>>86928480
it's also worth mentioning that people who spend hard earned (or NEET'd) money on style over substance often aren't as rich as they think they are. Or ot for long at least...
>>
>>86928630
Nigger if you can't afford $10 a year on pens you need to get the fuck off of /g/ and do something with your life.
>>
File: IMG_20191221_074230.jpg (1.05 MB, 3328x1872)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>86928677
>>86928107
>I literally get given promo pens every week. Some a keepable quality, most are not but they all write, fit in muh pocketses and are free.

Apart from school stuff for muh kids I honestly don't think I've bought a pen in decades. And I have holders and caddies all over the house full.
This is muh /edc/.
>>
File: feather.jpg (33 KB, 487x353)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>86923421
A feather pencil together with obfuscated handwriting to offset malicious privacy invaders.
>>
>>86928725
>I-I go to the bank once a week and steal their pens!
No one gives a shit about free pens retard, you're sperging out because people spent an insignificant amount of money on something they wanted.
>>
>>86928781
No, I'm not. Which part of
>>86928725
>>I literally get given promo pens every week.
I work with people who want to promote their products, most of the reps have free pens (to hand to you to sign paperwork - it's not a new thing in marketing m8)
I don't care what people spend their money on - I'm pointing out that spending money on product because they got told on a pen general bred on /g/ that this 1 is "gud" is the very epitome of style over substance.
You, btw seem to be the one sperging out here.
>>
>>86927942
What made the post so shit was that it was your personal opinions arrogantly labeled as objective and undisputable.
I don't even use fountain pens.
I thought you were trolling btw, lol, were you being serious?
>>
>>86928630
I make $350,000 a year and live in a house has long since been paid off. My bills and essential expenses total less than two thousand a month.

Shut the fuck up with your poorfaggotry, I can order conids and viscontis and financially not feel a thing. It's like buying a candybar at the store to me.
>WELL MY MOMMA SAID IF YA SPEND MONEY ON FIXIN WHAT AINT BROKE YOU GONNA GO POOR REAL SOON
You were taught that because you're fucking poor, have a tendency towards buying more than you can afford, and it was assumed you always would be.
>>
>>86928920
if you made $50,000 a year in that situation a pen in the hundreds of dollars range would still be reasonable. it's not like you're buying ten of them for each color ala reddit.

then again some people are jewish and think every dollar not invested is a million you missed out on
>these people usually make 3% to -100% on investments btw
>>
>>86928920
>>86928951
nice larp - I don't need to brag on 4chinz about how rich I am or what muh portfolio makes for me and muh family annually.
>>
>Bro why did you spend $5 on a pen you could have bought a $0.10 one and invested $4.90 in shiba inu and made a billion
>*invests $49000 in shiba inu, goes broke*
>>
>>86929009
Nothing larp about not growing up poor. This is a tech board. A lot of us are paid a ton of money and a lot of us have recently sold homes in socal and moved to cheap states like colorado.

No one who isn't already broke is going to go broke from a somewhat nice pen. It's continuously consooming above your means that does that. "Don't pay extra for anything ever" is advice you give to retards with no self control or self awareness.
>durr why credit card maxed out? my limit is $10,000 and this is only $100! -that kind of person
>>
File: PIN_003_BLACK-C.jpg (38 KB, 960x960)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
any pen that is thicker than 0.03mm is literally BLOAT and a waste of ink.

if your software choices are minimalist, then why shouldn't your pen?
>>
>>86928630
>anything that costs more than it is worth.
>t. does too little writing to justify spending more than 50 cents on a pen and thinks this applies to everyone
>>
>>86929035
all the projection

Fuck off cunt - if you want to spend that $200k you earned as a chef at Wendy's on pens - be my guest.

I'll personally never need for a pen again in my lifetime and am very highly likely never have to pay for one either.

>>86929107
>>t. does too little writing to justify spending more than 50 cents on a pen
Akshully probably true - most of muh writing is jotting notes in meetings or signing contracts. I haven't 'written' as in letters etc. in years but then most of muh work communication is email or internally on messenger

As an aside - not 1 of the pens that have been handed to me to sign a contract weren't up to the task. & I got to keep them for free!
>>
ITT: pen-spergs get salty when it's pointed out to them that their brand name status symbols are nothing more than overpriced junk.
>>
>>86929170
>You can't spend extra to get something nicer because you... JUST CANT OKAY!?
Lmao poorfag.
>>
There hasn't been much discussion of pencils (or pencil accessories) in the past couple threads.
What one(s) are you mainly using and what eraser do you use in conjunction with them?
>Uni Alpha Gel Switch & Sakura Arch here
>>
>>86928725
Imagine wasting money on a tape measure when you can just use your forearm or your foot. Whenever I measure things it works just fine. I will never spend a penny on measuring implements.
As an aside, not once have I needed to measure something where my body wasn't up to the task. & I got to keep it for free!

>>86929170
ITT: retards come and insult people with a niche hobby because they're too stupid to understand that people might care about things they don't care about.
>>
For me, it's the Pentel Quicker Clicker
>>
>>86929284
>he doesn't use his cock to measure things...
sub 12" cocklet detected.
>>
>>86929316
That's only for measuring the depth of your mother's vagina >:-)
>>
I steal high end fountain pens at pen shows. Your move bitches.
>>
File: topkek1.png (313 KB, 423x500)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>86929346
she's dead - have fun with that...
>>
Nice all the /wt/ regulars have found the thread.
Welp it was fun while it lasted. Enjoy endless arguments about poor people vs rich people and their pen buying habits
>>
>>86929353
You're a nigger.
Checkmate.
>>
>>86929035
>durr why credit card maxed out? my limit is $10,000 and this is only $100! -that kind of person
you mean women?
>>
>>86929432
das rite now you gon wridon whiboi
>>
>>86929417
>/wt/
/wut/?
>>
>>86929417
This is a thing universal to any 4chan thread where things are bought and there is a huge price spread. Unemployed fags want moral superiority and richfags (aka anyone with a full time job paying above minimum wage - living costs of 4chan users are low so even modest wages equal moderate riches) want to mock them.
>>
>>86923421
best mechanical pencil is the Kuru Toga

bought one several years ago - it's still in good shape and it's the best mechanical pencil I've ever used in my life

only thing that sucks about it is the tiny-ass nub of an eraser, but beyond that, the Kuru Toga rules
>>
>>86929417
>>86929732
not spending money on cruft != being poor
& thrift != being poor

Anyone who works, pays bills/mortgage and raises a family knows the value of a dollar. Those who choose to spend their hard earned money on frivolous things (in comparison to cheaper tools that do the same job for less cost) don't hold the high ground here. They're just less discerning about how they spend their money.

Anything else is 'gold-plated platinum cabling that audiophiles argue about tier' discussion.
>>
>bought rotring 600 twice, tip broke and get lost within 6 months.
>bought $3 zebra delguard, still use it 5 years later.
>>
>>86929953
meme pencil, only good if you writing moonrunes
>>
>>86929387
rule 34 anon
>>
>>86930120
I have a rotring 800 which I have also dropped and fucked the tip. Its never going to get dropped when its closed and not in use on a desk, so the rotating aspect of it is just wasted.
Pentel Orenz Nero is the best I've used. I only have the .5 right now, about to get the .2. The only downside with the orenz is that the plastic construction gets oily after a while. Wish it were PBT instead. Luckily, some endust cleaner on my hands and pencil return it to a normal feeling.

>>86929953
I'll get one when the dive goes down to a reasonable price.
>>
>>86929958
>muh moral high ground you are all stupid
I have $350,000 coming in a year. I do not care. You sound poor. You are not better for spending $50 less to receive measurably inferior goods. If anything, you are worst, because you lack the intelligence to understand the relative scale of a dollar and likely the ethic and intelligence to make enough to realize it and the bitterness and detachment from reality to try and rationalize that buying measurably inferior goods is a superior option.

It's not gold plated platinum cabling tier, it's more like comparing a guitar made out of plywood by a chinese factory to one made out of mahogany by an artisan. It will never sound as good. It won't make you play better no matter which one you buy, cheap or good, and the good one will always sound measurably better to 99% of people. Sorry.
>>
>>86930745
inb4 some autist criticizes typos and grammatical errors made after a jog in frigid weather
>>
File: 1647690661604.gif (12 KB, 326x252)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
>>86929958
Yeah its luxury goods.
I know the cool guys on /g/ all wear hanes plain black t shirts, walmart levis, use minimalist setups and black/gray everything, but out in the real world people want to enjoy their lives. If you spend most of your day on the computer, you want a pleasant experience. And yeah, topre keyboards are worth 300 dollars when you're above a six figure salary, you don't have to live like a poor college student. The people doing this probably drive a basic toyota corolla, and the people into cars driving new supras dont give a fuck about their 12 dollar dell keyboards
>>
>>86930784
Noooo you dont understand, muh value of a dollar, I am your moral superior you wasteful cunt stop buying things that are objectively superior you arent paid to use them so its not justified you cant just waste 1 whole fucking hour of pay you fucking retard consoomer I am better than you I am a real red blooded american family man and I have the moral high ground because you are a filthy degenerate who is not already paying off a loan for his daughters new car she totally needed hurr durr

t. gigachad who buys luxury pens and makes his kid drive a $3000 shitbox
>>
>>86930851
Funny, because I do drive a $2000 car, but at 20 years old its now a classic. Saab 9-3 viggen. They don't make em like they used to.
>>
>>86930879
They make em better in terms of safety and fuel economy. Measurably superior goods. I drive a top trim subaru dadcar, my kid drives a 2010 kia forte that was bought with vandalism and spray painted blue with a pricey speed governor installed. Neither financed. Thou shalt not exceed 65mph, sucka.

There is a point of diminishing returns but there is no denying when you actually do get more for your money. Gold nibbed fountain pens, nice markers, nice paper, and 21st century automobiles are some of those things that exist below the point of diminishing returns. I COULD buy a porsche, but I won't, and I COULD buy a conid bulkfiller and not give a shit, but I won't. And then there are autists who have a meltdown because a bic cristal is too far over an arbitrary percentage of the value of their double wide to be considered a responsible purchase according to their arbitrary system of morals.
>>
>>86930745
>It won't make you play better no matter which one you buy, cheap or good
Thank you for reinforcing muh point for me - a tool is a tool is a tool. Spending 6 gorrillion dollaryoos on a bespoke hand hewn guitar with whale bone & ivory fret ridges and made from the last living Wollemi Pine tree in the wild WON'T make you a better guitar player and using that guitar day to day no matter how much better it sounds (subjectively - literally like an audio cable) than a cheap chinese knockoff WON'T make you a better guitar player.

It was a shit analogy. If I were you I'd spend some your $350k per annum salary on a Critical Thinking and Reasoned Communication course.
>>
>>86930949
It won't make you a better guitar player but it will sound better. You don't buy it to be better at guitar, you buy it because it sounds better. It is measurably a quality you can not get below a certain price point. You can get it at higher price points, but why would you? There is a difference between spending more to get the same thing (ie: "premium" ballpoint pens that use the same core refill as cheaper stuff, taiwanese fountain pens), and then there is spending more to get a different thing which is not available if you spend less.
>subjectively
Plink plonk is objectively a different sound than strummmm. An audio cable's advantages are entirely imagined. It's a shit analogy.

Maybe you should take that course yourself?
>>
>>86930994
>An audio cable's advantages are entirely imagined.
Jesus - you really are just reiterating my points for me now.
See what this guy wrote -
>>86930934
>There is a point of diminishing returns but there is no denying when you actually do get more for your money. Gold nibbed fountain pens, nice markers, nice paper, and 21st century automobiles are some of those things that exist below the point of diminishing returns.
Everything is a consumable (admittedly some things age and need maintaining more than others) but when there is a cheaper ver. that does the same job (despite your highly tuned guitar ears) then common sense dictates you use the cheaper consumable as your day to day rather than the mind-blowingly expensive bespoke model which you pull out for gala performances and to try to impress that cute college girl (she's not going to fuck you - she just thinks you're a bloke going thru mid life crisis and might be gud to milk as a sugar daddy on the side).

While it's been fun chatting I have things to do, none of which involve a pen or pointlessly arguing with strangers online.
>>
File: 4chins.jpg (50 KB, 462x496)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
ITT
>>
>>86931326
in many ways we aren't too different from /crt/, where we're kept alive solely through worthless arguments.
>>
>>86923421
Anyone know of any mechanical pencils that an eraser cap can fit on? Please.
>>
nevermind. i'll just keep throwing away my pencils once the eraser wears out
>>
>>86931194
>See what this guy wrote
That was me
>Choose the cheapest
At certain prices you can not get certain features. Doing the same job does not mean doing the same job as well. At some point you are just buying worse shit to save barely any money just because you're poor and want to be le based rational underdog. Stacy won't bone you and neither will her dog because you saved $50 a lifetime on pens.
>>
>be me
>drive a 2012 Holden Rodeo, bought for about $5k
>serviced (oil, filters and plugs) about annually maybe 9 mths if I have time.
>owned for about 4 years now - bought when the last Rodeo I owned died (transmission went)
>I treat it like a work ute because... it is a work ute.

>muh boss
>owns a Mercedes S series (dunno which - it's 1 of 3 he owns), his missus owns 1 too and he also owns an suv.
>about $140k according to him, bought not leased
>he treats it like a work ute
>back seat folded down, gardening tools, greasy boat tools and literal shit (sheep poo) in the back, no tarp
>he treats his car that is worth nearly 30 times mine in the same if not worse manner
>he says to me "It's a Mercedes - it's guaranteed resale value"
>I don't have the heart to tell him no one wants to buy a second hand Merc that stinks of sheep shit...
>>
>>86931887
what he means is your aussie shitbox wil lbe worth nothing and probably be sold for scrap and he'll sell his for $140k after paying a detailing service $10k
>>
>>86932418
You've never bought a used car before, have you?

Don't worry - it's a rhetorical question.
>>
>>86932599
I've bought your mums used cunt
>>
File: sage-plant.jpg (937 KB, 1920x1920)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
>>86932668
>>86929387
>>
>>86932687
it was 75% off and it was fucking NICE
>>
>>86932908
Now I know you're lying - she'd never give a discount like that. Where the fuck do you think I got my stinginess from?
>>
>>86932959
I got the discount from the undertaker.
>>
>>86933029
She's been in the ground a bit longer than that m8. I reckon you wouldn't have know which end of your pud to pull when she died.

But sure m8.
>>
>>86923421
Staedler Silver 925 leadholder
A couple of Pentel Graphgear 1000s
Pilot Metro
A dip pen that I was gifted (really nice to use)
Some microns
Some bic ballpoints

I'm probably going to buy a couple of those ink brushes moongooks use for calligraphy for my drawing, seen them in use a couple of times and they look really unique.
>>
>>86928235
Hi sir may I recommend you fountain pen Dollar 717i sir? Is vory robust pen sit made in Pakistan sir
>>
File: lamy mango.png (92 KB, 863x236)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
got a lamy safari with a fine nib.
and the nib was total shit
super scratchy and inconsistent ink-flow
I was already about to bomb germany like '45 for allowing this shit
Am I too dumb to write properly with this or is it really a shitty pen?
but then I heard about lamy's shitty QC
So I bought an extra premium nib because the pen is really nice otherwise and it was worth it
nice and smooth, super even flow and no ink creeping
now I can write without anger and germany may be spared
>>
why even write
>>
File: le ink.png (159 KB, 839x416)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Looking for ink?
look no further

https://www.gouletpens.com/pages/swab-shop
https://mountainofink.com/
https://inkswatch.com/

maybe include it in the OP next time
>>
>>86936354
but I was told in a previous /ppg/ thread that Lamy was known for their good QC
>>
>>86936515
Its almost like /g/ is filled with anons repeating things they read online as if they were their personal experiences
>>
>>86936486
This ink has no water resistance whatsoever. Bad for accidental spills and whatnot. Noodlers bulletproof inks are the only fountain pen inks I’ll use.
>>
File: scratchy.png (77 KB, 659x754)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>86936515
>>86936569
I looked it up and the are quite some reports about this issue
so I hoped I just got a bad one as well
and so it was
>>
>>86936577
was just a random screenshot for visibility sry :P

>Noodlers bulletproof inks are the only fountain pen inks I’ll use
ok shill
>>
>>86936629
It can easily be fixed by writing a few sentences on a paper bag.
>>
>>86936653
really?
I used it until it was half empty and it just got worse...
>>
>>86936651
Okay gramps spen a few more dozen posts shitting on them and claiming to be a completely dispassionate third party observer who has no animosity to the noodlers lolbert outside of your lack of satisfaction with his inks
>>
File: ok.jpg (165 KB, 1394x1216)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>86936725
ok
>>
>>86936577
Noodlers bulletproof inks are cheap for a reason. Nathan is such a jew he mixes his shit with measuring cups and doesn't own a timer. I only use platinum carbon inks and sailor nano-pigment inks.
>>
File: same ink.png (171 KB, 866x943)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>86936629
its all jewish shills because lamy is german and wouldn't release a pen for pride month. Don't listen to it! Delete this!
>>
File: lol.png (184 KB, 887x915)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
Help! Reddit shills!
>>
>>86938126
There are a lot of chink knockoffs of Lamy products for some reason, and I’m willing to bet a large portion of those experiencing QC issues got chinkshit that was comingled with the real deal.
>>
File: 206335.jpg (236 KB, 1200x800)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
This one has no terrible reviews about it not working, just the color varying from medium blue to gray-blue to blue-black. I guess he takes special care with this one.
>>
File: 71Z2mFqNv2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (98 KB, 524x1500)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>
>>86938191
Haven't used one of these since middle school. I liked it then.
>>
Shading makes text less legible.
>>
>>86938164
There are still people out there that think its safe to buy products on amazon with a huge risk of getting fakes.
>>
>>86938126
Yeah man you are just so disinterested and only care about ink quality, you have no other reasons to spam this shit. One of your first posts in these threads wasn't to tell people to never buy noodlers inks or anything like that
>>
Piston
Is it normal for it to start leaking when there is very very little ink? Had zero leaks and then it started today when I used almost all the ink.
>>
>>86938407
Yeah it's called burping, its something that happens to older men sometimes when they laugh too hard
>>
>>86938375
>t. nathanberg
>>
File: 20311.jpg (48 KB, 600x400)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>86937924
Japan makes the best version of everything™
>>
>>86938433
My entire point is that it's impossible to gauge the honestly of reviews because there is a contingent of people like you who are obsessed with the guy and go around shit talking him everywhere. Im sure you do it for entirely altruistic reason but some of these other people seem like obsessed weirdos.
>>
>>86938478
>thinking an ink company is being gangstalked because someone on 4chan is mad about getting a bunch of shitty bottles
>evidence: some other people got shitty bottles
>>
>>86938490
Post ur shitty bottles
>>
>>86938567
i threw them away.
>>
>>86938738
Of course you did
How bout you explain to the class how oversaturated inks ruin old pens
>>
>Noodlers>that (((other))) shit
>>
>>86938753
Oversaturated inks are hard to clean out. Some redditor said noodlers melted his sack but no one has bought sacks and samples to test as of yet. japanese inks are way more likely to melt latex. The lack of consistency in color, flow, and feathering is a fact at this point. He never claimed to make great ink that you could pull out for calligraphy or small handwriting. He just says it's cheap and you can't get it off the paper without leaving a trace.
>>
>>86939006
Are you a different anon? The guy i was talking to said it was a fact the noodlers inks ruined old pens, i assune ruin is comprosed of more than some staining.
>>
>>86939044
Where?
>>
>>86939066
In the last fucking thread, you got the memory of a goldfish? There aren't two peope here talking about mixing inks with measuring cups and not owning a scale, it's just you
>>
>>86939177
You're on an anonymous imageboard known for meme creation. >a fucking measuring cup and >DA JEWDLERS CONSPIRACY are both memes being repeated by multiple posters.
>>
>>86939197
No it's you posting and then being a slimly little faggot instead of defending anything you say
>>
>>86939006
>Oversaturated inks are hard to clean out. Some redditor said noodlers melted his sack but no one has bought sacks and samples to test as of yet.
Actually a lot of people have tested this over the years, on FPN and now on leddit. Over a year.
The noodler's did nothings nor did the other tested inks. I think the reddit tester is even using a warden series ink with all the weird bells and whistle chems.
Over and over again the answer seems to be shitty quality sacs, but don't let fags regurgitatating faggot boomer vintage pen restorers dissuade you.
I remember on FPN a tester found that simply leaving distilled water "melted" one of their tester sacs.
That filling mechanism was abandoned for a reason.
>>
>>86939513
Most meltings occurred where the sack contacted both metal and ink, where pretty much any ink could start a reaction between the two. Noodlers does definitely stain non-sack pens and ruin their collectors value forever, but so do all permanent inks, which is why the most permanent ink you should ever use in a vintage pen is pelikan's blue-black. Inconsistent in quality sometimes to the point of being unusable for smaller or nicer looking writing it is, but melting sacks it is not.

>>86939290
Schizo
>>
>>86939583
Shut the fuck up you smarmy faggot, go back to shitposting on /pol/ where you belong
>>
>>86939621
Lol.
>>
>>86939583
Many black inks in general exhibit some element of "staying power" in terms of small water spills and even protracted sunlight. Pelikan black for example does pretty well for a non alkaline aka non japanese, non explicitly water-resistant ink without the tiny irongall element Pelikan blue black has everywhere but the US market bottles.

I've been experimenting with the "vintage" line noodler's has which are meant to be recreations of older inks like the v-mail series and dark matter.

Dark Matter does not explicitly have "bulletproof" status, presumably because it lacks the cellulose reactive element required for a noodler's bulletproof or eternal ink, however it shows remarkably decent WR regardless like many black inks, though better. In an extended soak for example Pelikan 4001 Black fades more than Dark Matter.

Also v-mail Midway Blue, although dedidedly not WR, shows surprisingly robust lightfastness over weeks in direct sunlight.

I wanted to make a "vintage friendly" WR non celluose reactive, non particle pigment, non iron gall ink that washed more easily out of pens and since I prefer blueblack to straight black I mixed the two together in a sample phial to wait to see if they would adversely react and throw up a sediment.

Soon forgetting about this due to home drama reasons I lost and forgot about the mix for 3 or 4 years and have only just found it. No sediment.
Noodler's Midway Dark, or Darkway Matter. Whichever sounds less faggy if that is even possible. I intend to finally test this out in some older pens when I have time.
>>
>>86939006
>Oversaturated inks are hard to clean out.
Only true of pigmented inks
>>
>>86939734
I call me willy the leaky noodler
>>
File: hmh3yq2bj3z81.jpg (161 KB, 750x1334)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Noodlers ink hereby holds that it is self evident that the "tianment square massacre" is western propaganda and no one actually died.
>>
File: NEVER FORGET.png (9 KB, 367x84)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>86940053
I will preserve history my basterds
>>
>>86940053
Well, guess that's what the stockists demanded. Noticed that some of them straight up dropped noodlers instantly, but they are run by utter cunts so don't bother with anderson pens anyway. Goulet probably laid it out on the table that in order for him to sell inks in the fragile US market these sanitized names have to stay.
I noticed that zero foreign noodlers stockists did jack all about this.
Picked up a bottle of the horned jew bernanke red from one of them lol
>>
>>86940128
Based same. It's kinda annoying since they're all red inks.
Horned FED kikered. Tianamen. Park Red. Nikita. Censor red. Ottoman Rose. Dragon's Napalm and Shah's Rose are reddish.
I have very little use for red inks.
At least the sois cancelled this color and not something more usable.
>>
>>86940219
The fast drying black isn't waterproof and sometimes it isn't fast drying either. It's as reliable as the fed. I will never open it. I will resell it on ebay for $30.
>>
>>86940151
>making reference to the cultural devolution/great leap backwards leading to mass death is now waciss and problematic
I'm making note of every noodlers distributor that bitched or pulled all their products and not buying from them anymore. I'm most likely just buying direct from nip, spaghetti, and nazi companies going forward.

I never bought from goulet to begin with because they don't offer free shipping until $85 and brian is kind of a fag but jetpens was ok so it's kind of a shame.
>>
>>86939006
>believing (((redditors))) about anything
>using a parker vaccumatic with an old degraded latex sac instead of a new sillicone one
>>
>>86940617
It's pen restorers being mad about baystate blue and ink-mixing in pens that can't be given a proper deep cleaning. Noodlers inks makes no statements regarding the safety of mixing their inks and does not confirm that baystate blue is safe for all pens. They also recommend using their pens with their inks.
>>
>>86936354
>>86936515
They dip test every nib before they pack them for shipping to distributors.
I just learned this a couple of days ago, it's why each new pen often has traces of blue in its cunt (don't know the technical term for the nibs cunt, sorry).
>>
>>86940723
>pic
Lmao what disingenuous bullshit peddled by one of the perpetually asspained restorers that hate noodlers and likely private reserve too.
Firstly with the feed, that was a known defect in Pilot's manufacturing and, along with lamy, they made a batch of shitty feeds at one point that got fucked by not only baystate inks. Replaced under warranty with a proper feed.

The m1000 story is even more of a laugh
>where did you get this pen? It's fucked
>oh uh dead relative, but we totally didn't try to clean it out with acetone or fill it with whiteboard marker ink because we don't know wtf we're doing
>I completely believe everything you said without reservation. Tell me, was your meticulous pen collecting relative an owner of this ink brand?
>uh yeah I think I saw a bottle somewhere befo—
>I KNEW IT THAT THE JEWZLER'S DID THIS. REEEEEEEEE

In too many instances the butthurt restorers blame noodler's inks for ruining pens their clients bring in but never ever do they state specifically which noodler's ink was the culprit.
That brand makes inks that are safety pen only to innocuous boring ass regular ink that's as oversaturated as anything else on the market these days. But no they're all as dangerous as the easy to name baystate line.
The hate this brand got was always a joke. Recent events have simply confirmed to me that likely a whole slew of these boomer restorers disliked the guy's politics more than anything else. I didn't understand it before, not being American, but recent years have shown me just how psycho they can be.

Their time is over anyway as the entire market has changed nature.
Oversaturated is the order of the day with worse fucking sparkles and shit with plastic pens that are easy to clean. It's not the 90's or early 2000's anymore.
Don't hear any vitriol from them about KWZ who's older batches verifiably etched the fuck out of piston filler barrels, nope. Just vague warnings about noodlers and at one point also private reserve.
>>
>>86938191
I always wanted to squish the grip but never found one anywhere. How does it write?
>>
>>86940053
The left has character. The right is watered down, PC and soulless.
>>
>>86940053
Did this just happen? Why did they get dropped by a buch of sellers all of a sudden?
>>
>>86941484
They sell it at CVS. It's the same ink as G2 pens and are refillable.
>>
>>86940599
What did jetpens do?
>>
>>86941439
Quiet down Nathan, and get to selling bernanke red bottles with the OG label as "a concerned hobbyist who stocked up and wants to preserve a piece of noodlers history"

>>86942295
Jetpens also dropped noodlers.

>>86942237
The over the top renaming for inks no one complained about is a not so obvious fuck you to cancel culture and one step short of renaming noodlers black to "noodlers light-absorbent ink"
>>
>>86941439
>chinese pens crack, its the plastic, i totally didn't clean this acyrlic out with alcohol
huehuehuehue

t. only ever had one chinese pen crack and it's because i used alcohol to clean it
>>
>The over the top renaming for inks no one complained about is a not so obvious fuck you to cancel culture and one step short of renaming noodlers black to "noodlers light-absorbent ink"
Be that as it may, the leddit thread that the name change screenshot came from shows that there were complaints about that ink. Fucking cesspit. Had a look back to a rage thread from a few days ago and it shows the same thing. When these fags went on their virtue signalling seethe frenzy a whole bunch of "problematic" or "cultural appropriated" names were flagged. They even raged that Q-Eternity was qanon ink lmao illiterate retards. That ink predates that psyop and refers to Quantitative Easing, you know, that thing that makes money worth less than it did before? The goulet bitch was in one thread doing damage control and taking notes. There's probably going to be more changes or discontinuations.
I really hate that place and every single piece of trash that posts on it.
>>
ITT: Extreme autism
>>
>>86938166
>color varying
As someone who's never owned a fountain pen, I have to ask, what's stopping you from just shaking it before use?
>>
>>86944133
it's still going to vary. He makes it by hand and the ingredients he sources are probably pretty inconsistent, or else there's no way he's making a living when most ink makers have to charge $15-20 for 50ml to turn a good profit even with mass production. You will just never get top quality and consistency from a boutique at those prices ($0.13/ml). It's not happening. On the other hand the next best permanent inks are well over $0.4/ml for US buyers, come in tiny fancy bottles, and are guaranteed to actually clog/melt vintage pens, to the point that people don't even try to use them.
>>
>>86943986
shhh, they'll start calling you a poorfag because you don't spend a percentage of the $350k per anuum you earn on pens...
>>
>>86944727
bro that guy gave you brain damage
>>
File: 1648630394138.jpg (76 KB, 1500x1467)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Does Sharpie make the best permanent marker? Or are they just the most common/go to?
>>
File: pencils.jpg (65 KB, 600x400)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
r8 my fav gear
>>
>>86945665
make less blurry photos/10
>>
>>86923421
LET'S MAKE THIS THE GREATEST THREAD ON /g/.
>>
File: file.png (125 KB, 474x474)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>86923421
>uniball kuro toga
comfy af
>>
File: lessblurryphoto.jpg (134 KB, 900x600)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>86945788
>>
I like fountain pens but I also hate them. I like gold nibs, but they're hideously expensive now because it's a luxury item now. I like small pens, but no one else does, because it's a luxury item and has to be flashy. I like small italic points, but no one else does, because it's not dramatic enough. Except dip pen users I guess because they still have taste. I also hate shading, glitter inks, and colors other than blue and black.
>>
File: Momokagothic1.jpg (102 KB, 640x800)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>86945941
that extended ikea thing is super dope 10/10
the rest looks pretty generic but comfy 7/10
sry if thats not the case. I just dont recognise any of that
Momoka Sakurei 10/10
>>
File: TWSBI-Vac700r-Iris-OW-2.png (762 KB, 1500x1000)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
>>86923421
in 2022 I am forgotten
>>
File: 1CypgIa.jpg (82 KB, 1220x1013)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>86946141
>hueg
>bad ergos
>posting not advisable
>cracks in your path
>>
>>86940053
yikes
shant be buying any of those soulless wares
>>
>>86930120
I have the Rotring 600 0.5 and the ballpoint pen, I haven't dropped either from more than desk height but so far no damage, they feel really sturdy but I don't doubt the mechanical tip broke. ill keep an eye on it so I don't snap my shit.
>>
>>86946141
>virgin taiwanese market segmenter<Chad chinese clone 823
>>
File: file.png (617 KB, 1600x881)
617 KB
617 KB PNG
>>86923421
I use this beauty. Can someone recommend me a sickass baller ballpoint pen from Japan?
>>
>>86946778
what is the difference between this and the Rotring 600 ballpoint pen, besides a marginally different tip design?
>>
>>86946796
not much, just get whichever one is cheaper at the moment
>>
>>86946796
>>86946812
>not much
plastic is kinda different from metal you know
>>
>>86946824
the Rotring 600 is metal same with the rapid pro
>>
>>86946824
>>86946841
yeah I think only the thread on the inside may be plastic but on the outside it's metal (the rapid pro)
>>
I think my least favorite part of this thread is the autistic obsession with pigment/permanent ink
When was the last time any of you wrote a check or signed some mortgage papers?
You don't need laser-proof tornado resistant ink for your chicken scratch math notes
>>
>>86946924
>I think my least favorite part of this thread is the autistm
>>
>>86923421
What about a slim multi ink pen?
At work i often switch between red/green/blue (and my mechanical pencil)
>>
>>86947748
Jetstream 3 Color Slim, Jetstream Prime 3/3+1.
>>
File: pelikan_black_gold.jpg (319 KB, 3072x2304)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
Best pen coming through
>>
>>86948029
>math with a fountain pen
kek
>>
>>86946778
Get the jestream refill that fits in there
Uni SXR-600 .7 black
>>
>>86924548
this is undeniably true. most of the things you use a writing instrument for don't have to be permanent, and can be digitized if you want them to be. a pencil is more reliable and also spill proof and can write on wet paper. you need a pen so rarely that you might as well buy a good fine tipped permanent marker that doesn't bleed instead of a fancy fountain pen.

fountain pens are for calligraphy.
>>
>>86946141
I have one and all it’s good for is dripping ink all over the page.
>>
The recent controversy makes me want to give noodlers a try. I've only ever used pelikan 4001 blue, with a cheap pelikano and printer paper.
I don't really care about colour.
What ink can you recommend that I start with?
>>
>>86950180
I forgot to mention I'm left handed
>>
>>86950180
HoD, 54th Massachusetts.
i think you can still buy Bernanke Red from euro retailers but it's gonna run out soon now that he's kneeled to the jews
>>
>>86924281
I am a math major, and use pentel orenz nero 0.2mm. Save quite a bit of paper by writing smaller, and there is less confusion with thinner lines not being smudged and blurred. Hb lead will be light and scratchy though, recommend 2B.
Paper is kind of a factor too. If you're using printer paper, 2B will smudge and look like shit. I use muji B5 grid notebooks.
>>
>>86950098
>fountain pens are for calligraphy.
Dip pens are for calligraphy. No calligraphers use fountain pens.
>>
>>86950322
Does the pilot parallel pen count as a fountain pen? It’s widely used for blackletter and italic lettering.
>>
>>86950241
The quick dry Bernanke series was made for lefties, fittingly enough. Also Q-ETernity as the blue-black of the lineup of red, blue and black.
With noodler's you can't go wrong with old reliable Bulletproof Black.
The standard Blue ink is also nice.
Everyone goes on about the noodler's with special properties but their regular inks are nice too.
>>
>>86950339
It's marketed as a calligraphy pen, not for regular writing and the shape means it's for deskbound use rather than general portability/pocketable use. Doesn't have the standard fountain pen nib or feed system, can't fit the converter which is only included "for cleaning purposes" so it's pilot proprietary cartriges only.
Dunno. I'd say it's its own thing.
>>
the pannecock2012 thread...
>>
File: jh-lie-de-the-2.jpg (425 KB, 2500x1250)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
Brown inks are my favorite for daily use. I like J. Herbin's Lie de The. What is anon's favorite brown ink?
>>
>>86946141
I know this sounds faggy as fuck but damn...
>that's the prettiest pen I've ever seen.
>>
>>86947748
Pilot Coleto takes .3, .4 and .5 Pilot ink cartridges.
It's permanent ink and ultra fine.
>>
File: 1399235826394.gif (1.48 MB, 300x164)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB GIF
>>86950520
>>
>>86946778
>Can someone recommend me a sickass baller ballpoint pen from Japan?
What tip size do you want?
>>
>>86923478
Based wing sung Chad
I used wing sung 233 since 7th grade till college . Runs good if cleaned regularly
>>
>>86924548
>t. literal schoolchild
come back when you've turned 18
>>
>>86948513
>noooo you can't use a pen how *you* like
>>
>>86950322
Fountain pens are for casual/beginner calligraphers and doing stuff on the go, basically. I wouldn't call it high or fine calligraphy but a lot of FP users focus heavily on shading, sheen, purdy colors,and penmanship. They are art supplies. In adult norp use they're just for nice looking signatures and personal letters/cards. Also "low calligraphy".
>>
>>86951029
The closest I have is orange
>>
lol, i don't know who's more autistic in this thread, the pen fags or the screeching cunts who are having seizures over people using pens.
>>
>>86952989
obviously the latter anon
>>
>>86936354
German fine nibs usually are shit incl kaweco and lamy.
>>
>>86952989
>the screeching cunts who are having seizures over people paying top dollaryoos to buy something someone else virtue signalled over owning on an anonymous Kilimanjaroian Crayon Sharpening imageboard.
tidied that up for you a bit m8.
>>
>>86954982
ty anon
>>
Pic related is the best design ever made, change my ming /g/tards
>>
File: 1650404352487.gif (1.02 MB, 300x170)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>86952989
>>
>>86957390
It's okay, i don't really like having to post the cap to use it, i don't think it's worth the size savings. But you can spend much more money on a much worse pen
>>
anons i just wanna thank you for meming me into getting into fountain pens, it's given me the drive to improve my penmanship, start journaling, and studying/taking notes again. Fuck the janny who deletes these threads
>>
File: 1431386083279.jpg (13 KB, 261x197)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>86957450
As the anon who revived /ppg/ I appreciate your comment.
>>
>>86957465
you also wrote the wiki right? thanks for that
>>
>>86952989
>did you just spend $50 on a HECKIN PENNERINO? I AM YOUR MORAL SUPERIOR I AM A REAL AMERICAN FAMILY MAN I KNOW THE REAL VALUE OF A DOLLAR! YOU WILL GO BROKE WHILE I WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE HUMBLY SUPPLIED ENTIRELY BY MY HABIT OF STEALING PENS FROM OTHER PEOPLE! WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU PAY FOR A NICER TOOL WHEN YOU CAN GET A WORSE ONE FOR FREE? RETARD.
>Lol, poor.
>>
>>86950360
Bulletproof black smears like a bitch, even a day later.
>>
>>86951029
Noodler's Walnut is a deep, dark, sharp (rare for noogles) and very legible brown that leans VERY heavy towards burnt orange. It's the only ink I use for heavy longform writing.
>>
>>86954982
That's none of your business what other people spend their money on.
I personally spend it on cheap whores and crack. YOLO nigger!
>>
your guys' taste is horrible and i won't share my pen/pencil secrets with you losers
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (121 KB, 1280x720)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
If you're interested in De Atramentis ink, German public broadcasting made a short segment about him and his grandson. Sadly it's only available in German, but this dude looks like Gepetto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj4-MBkxvhY
>>
>>86959648
QRD for the non-aleman

>almost 300 diffferent inks
>made every ink recipe by himself
>more popular than ever before and still growing
>started his buisiness with self-made iron-gall ink 20 years ago
>up to 8 weeks shipping time
>scented inks are super popular
>everything is completely handmade - small variations in composition every time and thats a good thing
>his son thinks about taking over his business
>good reputaion (and customers)all over the world - USA, Canada, China(+Taiwan),Australia, worldwise Exept France (not said why)
>they make up to 700 bottles a day
>>
>>86957675
Another anon(s) did the wiki so I can't take credit for that.
>>
>>86957390
I badly need a cheap chinese knockoff E95
>>
File: r7A4TBm.jpg (36 KB, 1024x768)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>86957390
Very nice. However...
>>
>>86959648
Hopefully the reddit drones shift from noodlers to this guys, he's actually good at making ink
>>
I brought home like 100 pencils from a conference over 5 years ago. I don't think I've even gone through half of them. I even got myself an electric sharpener to make it go faster.
>>
>>86962482
as an adult pencils are useful because you can correct notes but you're more likely to break the lead than dull it
>>
>>86962596
>you're more likely to break the lead than dull it
Only if you use shitty knockoff pencils.
>>
>>86962913
Pencils are cheap plentiful and borderline useless. they roll off garage benches and 2x4s all the time.
>>
>>86939044
Different anon here.
Noodlers did get stuck in my pilot while others were fine. But one bottle is not an pattern.
But i just stopped buying it
>>
>>86962449
Yeah, he comes across as an ink-focused Santa Claus
>>
I have a Cross Tech 3+. It is really practical, but one of the ballpoint pen is falling out of the casing every time I rotate. I will try to contact Cross about the warranty.
>>
>>86959621
post your pen taste
>>
>>86963938
Noodlers QC is random. Sometimes they'll be so saturated the excess dyes will form sediments in the bottle, and in pens. I get it, handmade, boutique, super cheap, but you get what you pay for and honestly I only used about 3/4 of a 50ML bottle through my last two years of college so the value proposition aint great except in a fantasy world where huge corporations still use pen and paper or where everyone has a 4mm stub nib and only uses "fountain pen friendly" papers.
>>
File: R.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1000)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>86963335
idiot
>>
>>86962154
However ?
>>
>>86964526
Why the fuck would I pay for these when I can steal pencils, even mechanical pencils, for free? They all break and get lost the same.

Are they super smooth? Do they produce dynamic line variations? Can I change the lead color at will? What do they do that's worth paying for?? They slide off surfaces instead of rolling and don't fit in a standard pencil sharpener for when you inevitably lose their snowflake one. Wow, totally worth it. I could also steal a sharpie which also writes on everything and never needs sharpened. That's why it's called a sharpie. It's sharp, I-diot.
>>
uh oh here comes the low effort bait again.
>>
>>86965382
Who are you talking to?
>>
>>86962154
Wow
>>
>>86964520
Agreed. You get what you pay for. Cant complaint.
>>
japanese pens would be nice if they stopped making 99% of them except the tippy top end multiple hundreds of dollars pens cartridge-converter which is sad because their ridiculously fine and dry nibs are good for random shitty paper

i can exhaust an entire converter and still have to write in one meeting (nearly essay format notes taken furiously over 4-5 hours), or stick to pricey sailor/platinum pens because they offer waterproof ink cartridges.
>>
>>86964786
Give it back Tyrone
>>
File: file.png (261 KB, 1000x1000)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
Supreme
>>
>>86967707
supreme trash lol
>>
>>86967714
it costs literally cents and lasts for half a year
>>
>>86923421
I don't think I've handwritten anything but my signature in years
>>
>>86967722
yeah it cost cents because it writes like trash, oh wow, my trash pen lasts for 6 months, woopdie doo lol
>>
>>86967707
Use it if you like but it's awful for very long writing sessions.
The ink it lays down is poor. Pic related.
>>
>>86967722
You get what you pay for everywhere from $0 to about $25. $50 for an antique pen. Past that there's no fucking point.
>>
so i can't buy spare tips for a pilot fountain pen?
fucked up a tip since i press down too hard when writing i think and it seems wasteful to have to buy a whole other pen to get a tip.
>>
>>86968252
I'm pretty sure you can on the gray market. That being said if it's a steel tip then I recall them being pretty hard to fuck up from heavy writing alone
>>
>>86968252
How hard to you have to bear down to spring a nib? Take it easy, anon. Also, no, nips generally do not sell loose nib units. The only ones you'll find are for the Pilot vanishing point/decimo/fermo, and they cost almost as much as a new pen, because it is almost an entire pen.
>>
>>86968252
>buys writing instrument with selling point that it requires zero additional downward pressure beyond its own weight in order to write
>pushes so hard it fucks up
stick to bic sticks
>>
>>86968333
>>86968850
>>86969244
didn't realize the pen was running out of ink and adjusting it back to normal didn't go well.
got it somewhat workable now but agree i might be pushing down too much.
>>
>>86968252
which pilot pen?
>>
>>86967798
I occasionally write with a bic just to remind myself of how good my pens are
>>
>>86969749
based
>>
>>86967798
look at those wisps. sovl.
>>
do you shake your ink before filling up
>>
>>86970100
>Open
>inspect for mold
>shake
>fill
yes
ink goes moldy
especially if you fall for the european ink meme
>>
>>86969473
metropolitan which is cheap sure, but don't want the same pen if i'm buying another, especially if it's just for the nib.
>>
>>86970132
Wing Sung/Yong Shen 659 and 698 nibs will fit the metro. You can find them for $2-3 on ebay/aliexpress. It probably wont be as smooth as the original nib though.
You could also just buy a 659 that comes with 2 nib units (EF and F) for ~$12 and swap the extra nib onto your metro.
>>
>>86970229
after having messed with it before the writing was already less quality.
i'll check out that pen, better than my idea of buying a kakuno if that one comes with two nibs.
>>
>>86967798
Goddamn. You just can’t beat a classic 25 cent bic
>>
File: castell 05.png (126 KB, 443x432)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>86929271
I love using pic related
it's comfy and slim
although i never use the eraser on top
>>
>>86970104
>yes ink goes moldy
isn't there alcohol in there?
what makes ink go moldy?
>>
>>86969244
noob here, isn't the selling point on gold nibs that you can press down to get thicker lines and line variation?
>>
File: 66r9xo10h3a81.jpg (218 KB, 1600x1071)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>86970375
It doesn't even lay down proper lines, what are you talking about? Drawing and writing is all about laying down lines.
>>86970038
I guess you like:
>brakes that only stop 80% of the time.
>hamburgers that sometimes don't come with patties
>a laptop that occasionally blacks out the monitor
those aren't examples of soul, that's called zero quality control, bad design and soulless mass production.
>>
>>86969749
>I occasionally write with a bic just to remind myself of how good my pens are
what pens anon, post pic if you have one.
>>
>>86971936
Faber Castell has never ever let me down.
Great sharpeners, erasers, big fat pencils (that I can't seem to find anymore), and apparently their pens are good too.
>>
>>86972236
No. Not every nib is a truly "flex" nib, no matter what the metal or the marketing behind it (titanium). Some gold nibs are hard as nails, some simply soft but just because it's soft doesn't mean it's designed for pressure induced line variation and that you should use it that way, it's soft for a smoother ride, like suspension. Some are expressly made for pressure induced line variation, but those are few and far between and always very costly and not as good as their vintage counterparts, which were made for secretaries writing shorthand not would-be amateur "calligraphers" messing around.
You want flex? Buy some disposable dip nibs and a holder and knock yourself out wrecking as many of those as you want. Or buy an Indian pen with a steel "flex"nib that's cheap to replace.
None are expressly designed for the constant, hard downward pressure like what's required for a standard ballpoint, with some exceptions but those were originally made for making triplicate copies in the 40's. Nothing in current production I can think of comes to mind that can withstand the sort of pressure the parker 51's gold and octanium nibs were built to take for making out triplicate forms, but even then it's still a fountain pen so it's meant to be used normally without pressure on regular paper.

The new tech ballpoints like jetstreams and acroballs are another story, but ballpoints really have ruined generations of peoples' handwriting.
It boggles the noggles how that anon fucked up a pilot metro since those were made with the current generation of "fucked by ballpoints" in mind. I've forgotten how much pressure people use to write. Let this be a reminder to everyone to never lend out a fountain to anyone, especially anyone who goes
>just let me try it bro
No. They'll fuck it up.
>>
>>86972324
>Faber Castell has never ever let me down.
this
I've been using their stuff since 1st grade in school and was never disappinted
really good stuff
PSA: not a shill I swear. just my personal exp.
>>
File: eraser.jpg (127 KB, 1200x565)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>86973188
My favorite is the blue erasers that don't leave a fucking mess everywhere, instead rolling the erasers discarded material into one clean bunch.
>>
File: 1534045742476.jpg (13 KB, 300x199)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>86967707
>>
>>86948029
you got that equation wrong
>>
>>86973472
LOL!? I've never seen it in my whole drunken life, but I need this nao
not making a total mess everytime you erase sounds like a dream come true
>>
File: 100974_2.jpg (81 KB, 1080x1080)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>86973981
Get these, they're weebier
>>
>>86974046
thanks for the input anon
now I have to get both and compare them
are there even more out there like this?
*thinking face*
the sakura SumoGrip seems to be one as well
ok next stop: art supplies
>>
>>86972771
I normally write with a steel nib, thinking I use no pressure and I fucked up a gold nib immediately so now it has inconsistent flow and borders on railroading sometimes.

t. gorilla
>>
>>86974046
>30₺
>>
>>86972297
You know bics vary their line width and color density with pressure, unlike gel pens, correct? Handwriting actually looks nicer with a bic if you can stomach the pressure. Nicer than most of these modern round fine to bold point fountain pens and their soi users who obsess over SHADING and SHEEN and GLITTER IN THE FUCKING INK.
>>
>>86972211
Yes, but some inks are made out of food. There's red European inks that are made out of grape juice
>>
>>86975657
>There's red European inks that are made out of grape juice
ah ok didn't know this
but especially in these cases: shouldn't adding alcohol solve the problem?
why would you allow you ink to go moldy?
doesn't make sense to me, but maybe theres some hidden mechanics that won't allow this
_ _
\_(o.O)_/
>>
>>86975967
>shouldn't adding alcohol solve the problem?
The amount of alcohol you'd need to prevent mold or microbes from surviving in the ink would make it worthless as ink
>>
>>86972211
It's water with dyes or particulates in it, and they're not alcohol based because alcohol destroys plastic pens. Recent EU regulations made them lower the concentration of biocides and stopped euro ink makers from using the best ones (because they are literally poison), in case some retard drank ink. The best way to accomplish mold resistant ink without loading it with poisons is to make it strongly acidic or alkaline, which also destroys some pens (japanese ink = highly alkaline = melts latex). Euro ink makers want to keep their reputation as being vintage pen friendly.

FYI except for the acidic baystate colors noodlers ink is PH neutral and contains extremely strong biocides, so it doesn't go moldy or melt your pen. Shame about the consistency though.
>>
>>86977088
thank you anon
so it's complicated...
but it's not all of them. in the "DeAtramentis" video here >>86959648
it's said that he's using alcohol (but not mentioned if it's all of them or not...)
>>
Man, nothing compares to Orenz Nero 0.2mm.
surgical level writing. Clean, crisp writing, just takes so much frustration I previously didn't notice when doing math on paper.
>>
>>86977378
fyi deatramentis permanent inks stain those shitty overpriced clear plastic chink pens like nothing

>>86977507
>pencil
>>
>>86977568
Yes, pencil. Ink is a waste of paper for math.
>>
>>86977680
Ink's cheap, and stop fucking up so much you need an eraser.

t. math major any job i want 300k starting
>>
>>86975254
>Handwriting actually looks nicer with a bic
Yeah, only bics don't write consistent lines which is a big no-no.
If I absolutely had to buy a ballpoint cause I was writing on all sorts of paper all day, it would probably be a Uni-Ball which is like silk.
You get what you pay for and with Bics you hardly pay anything.
>>
>>86975181
Nerde satiyorlar?
>>
What's the better fountain pen material, ebonite or acrylic?
>>
>>86977737
It depends, ebonite has a pleasing feel and light weight but it can discolor over time, acrylic is probably a bit more fragile in terms of drops or being crushed and more plastic feeling obviously acrylic offers a much wider range of appearances and colors.
The answer is probably whichever pen has better qc and finishing
>>
File: e90.jpg (90 KB, 1106x1012)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>86977695
You could pay me to use ink, I still wouldn't use it. I write on bound notebooks and that is how I organize my notes, not ripping out tons of paper for no reason when a pencil is the right tool for the job.

>stop fucking up so much
Yeah, I don't think anyone is solving even anything but the simplest integrals 100% right the first time without going into a wrong rabbit hole for 10 minutes and having to erase a ton of shit.
Pens can be nice sure, but you are wasting your time for no reason with a pen. If you're in research, your advisor would legit get mad at you as well. Can't imagine messing up a digit in a table for PDE's or interpolation with a pen.

You can use pens for whatever you want, but lying on the internet because you have some pen obsession is pathetic. As an actual math major, I know you're not one, or in your first year.
t. math grad student
>>
>>86977830
I always thought ebonite was pretty brittle?
>>
we did it guys!!! bump limit!
now I'd like to congradulate everyone and thank you for participating

>>86977737
no idea but maybe this helps
https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/75388-acrylic-vs-ebonite/
https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/i7ovzl/asa_ebonite_vs_acrylic_pens/
https://www.fountainpennetwork.net/forum/topic/192097-ebonite-vs-celluloid-vs-acrylic/
>>
>>86977847
Maybe as it ages
I could just be talking out of my ass
>>
>>86977721
>fountain pen: doesn't write consistent lines
>pen snob: omg so bootiful
>BIC: doesn't write consistent lines
>pen snob: UGH.
>artist who actually uses them: actually i fucking love the 10 cent bic. kino shading. kino variation. only talentless fags hate them.
>>
>>86978138
>artist who actually uses them: actually i fucking love the 10 cent bic. kino shading. kino variation. only talentless fags hate them.
No artist has ever said that
>>
>>86978221
There is no regulatory agency that determines who is or is not an artist, or what quality of work can be considered art. Anyone and everyone is an artist, so the opinion of an "artist" does not apply unless you hyperspecify.

>"Hyperrealism sketch artists love 10 cent bic"
That would be an anecdote, but at least have some relevance.
>>
>>86977858
new bread
>>86978564
>>86978564
>>86978564

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.