[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1652370631161.jpg (312 KB, 1154x1500)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
This is the successor of /jrg/.
NEETs kept crying that it has nothing to do with technology and tried to shut us down.

Now we are back, better and stronger than ever before!
Get back to work, gentlemen.

Previous: >>86895199
>>
>>86909375
Starting new position next week, this gonna be good.
First job in a year.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>86909375
my coworkers fill the team group chat with "good day" every single working day, and we are not even pajeets
>>
>>86909497
white people
>good day
pajeets
>good morning
>>
File: 1649098460323.png (79 KB, 250x238)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
I've sent an application for a new job.
I like my current one but I want more cash and there's also a threat of return to office.
Wish me luck bros.
>>
>>86909375
Can anyone provide more feedback on >>86881393?
>>
Are you more productive in the office or when you work at home?
>>
>>86909627
It doesn't matter for me. I socialize a bit more in the office and I chill a bit more at home.
>>
File: 1645465883499.jpg (5 KB, 260x194)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>86909497
My phone buzzes with notifications every day with the HR stacy wishing people in the company happy birthday and all the retards posting happy birthday gifs and I can't turn it off because sometimes they communicate important stuff through there
>>
>>86904282
>There are two really popular managed languages.
Java and C#

>The one I work with wasn't really shilled until recently
it's Go, isn't it?
>>
Neetcel here who worked on and off in it for over 15 years for about a year combined over a dozen different jobs I hate it not because of tech and pcs which I love but the people.
I can tolerate /g/fags Irl one on one but as soon as you get into group work/school environments it's always aids
>>
File: cat-cat-stress.gif (1.29 MB, 220x327)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
Ok anons I need some real advice, please fucking help

>get job at a small, new IT company
>they get a contract to do IT for a police department
>I get told to manage it
>was given a form today and it has a fuck ton of questions like "can remote desktop be used?", "How often are logs reviewed?", Etc.
>My boss told me to only work at the PD one day a week and all I do those days is just fixing printers and solving tech issues, not reviewing logs
>wasn't even aware I was supposed to be doing that weekly
>boss also installed remote desktop apps on all the PD computers so we could work on them remotely
>boss is ignoring the form after I told him about it and just not answering
Oh God oh fuck am I going to go to jail because my boss was a retard and didn't know the law?
I wasn't aware of all these regulations and shit I thought my boss knew the legal stuff, this is my first 'real' job
>>
>>86909830
>Oh God oh fuck am I going to go to jail because my boss was a retard and didn't know the law?
is your job position/pay actually managerial? or were you just to manage something despite being a retard?
>>
>>86909696
You can turn off Notifications for Slack for mobile specifically. You should look into this Anon. Had the same problem until I figured this out:
Look under 'iOS' or 'Android':
https://slack.com/help/articles/201355156-Configure-your-Slack-notifications
>>
>>86909830
Dude, the worst that will happen is that your BOSS will be fucked as a result.

Put it in writing aka an email to remind him about that form itself. If the boss neglects it, and things escalate, then point to higher management to call that shit out.

They will probably then fire the boss, and maybe higher you instead, or work to get it done.

Since this is your first job, this is called 'Managing Up'. I have had to do this before for weird shit in the past. Its awkward, but try putting it in writing, and if you don't hear back within 1 to 3 business days, I would then escalate it up to higher management.
>>
>>86909830
send resumes and try finding a new job?
>>
I applied to a Golang developer job.
They say that they don't require previous experience in Go and offer retraining.
I'm switching from Scala, 5YOE.
What am I in for?
>>
probably the wrong place to ask but - to my /g/uys out there that've worked in FAANG, how was your experience? I have a strong L5 offer from google, but am leaning toward a startup right now that is well insulated from the impending recession. please tell me i am doing the right thing leaving a bunch of guaranteed big corp money on the table to take a homerun swing
>>
>>86909497
That's wholesome.
>>
>>86909735
How often do you encounter autists? How tolerable are social people in your job?
>>
>>86910095
https://go.dev/tour
>>
>>86910095
>Scala, 5YOE.
How did you last that long?
>>
>>86910282
At first, I did some data engineering work but then I switched to full functional programming, so I didn't really had time to get bored.
From what I'm seeing, Scala 3 has a really slow adoption which may eventually kill the language, that's why I'm switching.
I really hope that I'm wrong and Scala prevails because I love it but it's just not looking good.
>>
>>86910150
how can a startup be insulated from a recession? did they solve fusion reactors or something?
i've never been with FAANG (but similar), I'd wager atleast two of those letters will drop in the next 2-4 years. at this point I'd really only consider amazon, apple and microsoft.
but really if that startup has struck gold, you should go there. working culture will probably be 10 times better (and you'll get to influence that)
>>
>>86910305
I remember long time ago reading about how scala's compiler was really slow. There were some issues with the language, maybe related to java compatibility. I remember using scala many many years ago, maybe around 2014. Now with Kotlin not sure if scala is worth it.
>>
>>86910150
a place like blind will give you better insight than fucking 4chan

>I have a strong L5 offer from google
what org and where are you coming from?

>but am leaning toward a startup right now that is well insulated from the impending recession
i don't consider any startups well insulated

>please tell me i am doing the right thing leaving a bunch of guaranteed big corp money on the table to take a homerun swing
what is the startup offer and how much better is it than the google offer?

we can't really tell you how much risk to take. if you're relatively young and don't have many commitments then it's easier to justify taking a risk with the startup
like idk what your startup offer is but if your base salary is good enough just think of the equity as your chance to become a multimillionaire within the next few years

>>86910331
>I'd really only consider amazon, apple and microsoft.
interesting choice

>working culture will probably be 10 times better (and you'll get to influence that)
really? startups often have extremely dogshit culture
>>
>>86910334
>I remember long time ago reading about how scala's compiler was really slow.
It kinda is, but I guess I got used to it. And on quick rebuilds it works fast. I don't mind it at all.
Java interoperability however is pretty garbage since you have to use all the Java types or convert them to Scala which makes the code really messy. Or you can just write wrappers around it but this requires maintenance.
Kotlin is probably much better for interoperability with Java. If I had to say, I'd go for Kotlin today.
>>
Yes or No?
>>
>>86910409
iirc first 4 chapters are good then go straight into leetcode
>>
>>86909866
I normally just fixed broken laptops, setup printers on a network, fixed basic software issues but this one I was told I was the network administrator for the PD and I said ok because I gotta pay rent
>>
>>86910020
There's like 4 workers in this company, counting myself
My boss is literally the only higher up
>>
you're all getting laid off. sorry. *ends zoom call*
>>
>>86909877
Who says I can't do two things fucko.
Plus any way I look at it I'm making more money if I play my cards right, that's all that matters anyway.
>>
every time i have to collaborate with another team i make myself look like an idiot in front of an entirely new group of people lol
>>
>>86910452
6 months of paid vacation + severance pay just as summer starts? Don't mind if I do.
>>
>>86910275
That's actually pretty good, thanks, Anon.
>>
>>86910630
yw. the last page of the Tour has more intro stuff that you SHOULD follow up.
also, read a 2nd intro book just so you learn other techniques and stuff.
AFAIK there is a well known book for more advanced stuff, but I never read it, since I'm not a dev and don't use Go for anything beyond small scripts
>>
>>86910265
Dunno i was mainly too angry at lockdowns and piss drunk the last year to remember

Mainly the dozen or so based Autists left another dozen got the vaxx and about half dozen made my last job shit and wfh so I quit
>>
>>86909592
like the other anon said in the other thread, dont you have any connections? i find it hard to believe you got to the top, so to speak, without a network of other corporate sociopaths and sons of rich fathers.
>>
>>86910567
What do you do?
>>
>>86910734
i'm a code monkey at a FAGMAN
probably a bottom 5% dev
>>
File: BNipHa4CcAAnU6b.jpg (13 KB, 530x359)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>86909375
Just put in a bunch of applications today in the hopes that I can try overemployment and speedrun my debt. I already wfh doing next to nothing for most days but there I do rarely have to go into the office maybe once a month or so. I would ideally want to have 2 fully wfh positions to juggle. I think this is the only way to break 200k in cyber.
>>
Another day another bug the customer is complaining about
Fuck my life, I can't do this shit anymore
How hard is it to get into FAGMAN as a c++ embedded dev? If I seel my soul, I want to be at least well compensated
>>
>>86909375
>submit job application through company site
>Hi anon, thank you for applying to Globohomo! As the next step in our hiring process, please complete your profile on Untapped (some new data mining tech company)

technically this can't be legal, right?
>>
>>86910816
you need to learn webdev. they dont take anybody else unless you work at a subsidiary like deepmind
>>
>>86910755
I mean what do you do to make you look like an idiot
>>
>>86910368
>interesting choice
netflix is going under is obvious, facebook has passed its peak long ago and the company stock value is a bubble waiting to burst, and google has a horrible reputation with all that lgbqtwtf shit
i dont like or own any apple products, but as a company I think they will be profitable for a long time. and working on the silicon or firmware/kernel are interesting jobs. and the same goes also for amazon, and also for microsoft (minus the silicon).
>>86910368
>really? startups often have extremely dogshit culture
maybe, but if you're coming from FAANG you'll get to influence that. whereas in big corpo, you get the environment that exists, and it's 99% the same across the whole corpo.
>>
>>86910692
My response is the same as in the other thread.
>>
>>86910891
>and google has a horrible reputation with all that lgbqtwtf shit
Google isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They had a bad reputation for over 15 years, still kept growing.

I think Facebook is also too influential to fail in the next at least 10 years.
Don't know about Netflix, maybe they have a trick up their sleeves.
>>
>make 40k euro in germany before taxes
>lots of weight on shoulders, do advanced in demand stuff, no recognition, no help
>average american has $100k starting doing nothing most of the time

i don't feel so good bros
>>
>>86910851
But I hate java
>>
>>86911011
40-50k is average in Germany. When you have more experience it can also be 60k+.
The US has ridiculous expenses, that's why they have to do more.
>>
>>86910870
idk just not know enough about the code or propose dumb solutions
>>
>>86911011
dev or admin?
>>
>>86911030
java and javascript are different languages
>>
File: 1651800294186.jpg (8 KB, 246x205)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>86909375
After 8 months of working as a technical writer full time: this shit is very comfy.
>maintain help center articles / write new content that effectively boils down to how-to articles
>answer basic questions on things like UI ("anon, is it 9:49AM / 9:49 AM / 9:49am / 9:49 am?")
>shit out very basic documentation for things like: billing site -> add a new payment method that I just copy/paste from existing help centers
>fully remote, work about 3 hours a day
>mostly spend my working time managing expectations on calls and repeating supurfluous bizjargon bullshit like "I think this implementation should be descoped while we re-align on our R4 deliverables
>ignore any/all trainings on SDLC
>make $135k/year with a fucking english degree
>>
Gonna try to get a degree at WGU
tell me guys, how fucked am i going to be when i graduate and i find out i cant find any opportunities, or will i be completely fine since i have connections through my muslim dad and his kabal of friends, aswell as a church with several people in engineering
>>
>>86911043
That's bullshit. You can't afford shit in goymany with a 5 figure salary.

50k before taxes is like 30k after, it's insane.
New car? That'll be 30k plus taxes for your average shitbox.
Rent? 1k a month for a decent place
House? That'll be 800k minimum if you don't feel like renovating the entire thing.

The only based thing about this shit ass country is having zero taxes on crypto gains if you held for a year.
>>
>>86911011
https://www.kununu.com/de/facebook-deutschland/gehalt
https://www.kununu.com/de/apple-retail/gehalt

Not even FAGMAN pays anything close to 100k in Germany. You can assume 50k in Germanistan is the same as 100k in burger land.
>>
>>86911105
dev
>>
>>86911140
Uhh a wagie is not supposed to live like a king
>>
>>86909830
i dont think they're going to care
if they tell you to fuck off with the shit then they probably wont do more than make a complaint to your boss
>>
File: 1674365347583892.jpg (21 KB, 256x251)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>first week of work
>a part of the project im supposed to be working on still hasnt been setup properly since its complicated as fuck
>basically havent started 80% of my tasks
>still getting new ones every day
>unsure of what I should say Im working on during the daily meeting
shouldnt companies have someone set all this shit up before I come in so I can just get to work and not leave a complete junior to set everything up

can barely catch seniors to help me since they either wfh, are busy on calls or come in late
>>
>morning
>Don't feel like working
>"Hi team I'll be unavailable until 13:00 PST because [bullshit reason]"

How many times I can get away doing that?
>>
>>86911221
Step 1.) Make a bare minimum attempt to surface these issues to people
Step 2.) Make a genuine effort to cover your ass so that if shit blows up because it wasn't because of your lack of effort (aka see step 1)
Step 3.) Enjoy a generous work-life balance as you sit around doing very little actual work most of the time.
>>
>>86910816
>How hard is it to get into FAGMAN as a c++ embedded dev? I
they definitely want c++ and embedded devs

>>86910891
>facebook has passed its peak long ago
still 2-4 years is a bit aggressive of a timeline for a downfall

>google has a horrible reputation with all that lgbqtwtf shit
in some bubbles sure but normies don't give a shit. only way i see it falling is if they get flat out broken up or some real shit happens

>maybe, but if you're coming from FAANG you'll get to influence that
if you're a lead probably. startups usually are obsessed about shitting things out the door as fast as possible though

>you get the environment that exists, and it's 99% the same across the whole corpo.
ehhh. yeah there are overarching company themes but not all teams are exactly alike. microsoft apparently there's no standardization since all the teams are siloed to the point where you have to re-interview if you want to transfer out of your department

>and working on the silicon or firmware/kernel are interesting job
i think all of those companies have jobs working on kernel/firmware/hardware
>>
>>86911255
kek i did that today to work from home
now i feel really bad though
>>
How do I get a WFH job bros
>>
>>86911258
yeah, I figure im just going to list out specifically what was giving me issues and hoping the project manager just takes it alright
I just want to start working on my damn tasks already, its pissing me off because it makes it look like im slacking off when I cant even access the stuff I need and I hate feeling like baggage
>>
>>86910331
insulated in that they raised early funding rounds at the right time and have many years of runway before needing to raise the next round of capital. obviously no such thing as equity insulation unless you're scoring like US government contracts

>>86910368
i've been on blind the past few months and wanted to get a different flavor of autism. it sounds insane but i honestly feel like the more normal people on this board are more relatable than most of the blind hivemind

that being said - the compensation risk question is my own to figure out. more than anything i'm interested in any personal takes on general megalith tech company culture: wlb, forced tech-culture participation, personal growth potential vs. becoming a system baby, etc. do you regret going to those companies, as it relates to daily happiness or long term career potential?
>>
>>86911356
go on indeed/linkedin and look for roles that are REMOTE, apply to those. Most remote work roles are still categorized by area, so look for remote work in cities within your timezone (west coast: Seattle + Portland + SF + LA. East coast: NYC + Pittsburgh + DC + Raleigh + Atlanta).

Apply to a shit ton of listings and know that there are tons of other people trying to do the same.
>>
I've been ghosted from a process a had lots of hopes in, this shit sucks. I'm not sure if I should reach out to other people in the company tho
>>
File: 1580098758609.png (16 KB, 417x417)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>86911030
>people making a shit ton more money than me are still such stupid retards that they mistake java for js
>this is who i have to compete with
>>
I wish I had a loli to conform me while I wageslave.
>>
>>86911592
How long? Ask after a week or so. You don't know if the person is sick or if they just forgot about about you or maybe missed a mail or whatever.
>>
File: 2rqgywy69dp81.jpg (95 KB, 1284x1264)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
If I have to have another meeting about package structure for one single microservice I'm going insane
Enterprise sucks ass
>>
>>86911746
It's been almost a month lmao. I sent a new mail in monday, hopefully they reply soon. To be fair their last message was "we're gonna wait a bit before resuming the process" but still is a bit shitty.
>>
>get helpdesk interview
>no certs
>no school
>still get the job
>hybrid WFH
browsing /g/ finally paid off, thanks chads.
>>
>>86911905
When it's been a month, don't wait until monday, write this week. Maybe you get an answer and you have it out of your head at the weekend.
>>
>>86911599
It was a typo, don't get ahead of yourself
>>
>>86911940
This WILL be me.
Did you have any relevant experience or did you just lie through your teeth?
>>
>>86911905
>>86911953
Ah and also say you have an offer from another company, but you like them more and want feedback to know how you gonna proceed and it has to be quick because the other company is waiting for your answer already
>>
File: Helloforbiddenknowledge.jpg (249 KB, 1242x1231)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>86911981
I had experience in retail and customer service and heavy exaggerated how much I was studying for the compmema +A (just finished the 1001, taking the second part in a few weeks)
>>
>>86911974
you dont get paid 6 figures to make typos while shilling on 4chan
>>
>>86911426
i'm an actual dumbass L3 who's probably closer to a PIP than promotion so take everything i say with a grain of salt

>it sounds insane but i honestly feel like the more normal people on this board are more relatable than most of the blind hivemind
they are a hivemind but you at least filter for those who have experienced it

>wlb, forced tech-culture participation, personal growth potential vs. becoming a system baby, etc.
all of those depend on your team and what you're working on. lots of people brag about only having to work 10 hours a week but other have to work the full 5 days

>do you regret going to those companies
joined out of college. no regrets about joining but i also had no other offers.
i'd still prefer getting rich off crypto and not having to work or something like that, but if i have to wageslave it's definitely not a bad deal

>daily happiness
i'm stressed but that's cause i'm bad but that would be true at any company

>long term career potential?
depends on your goals.
having it on your resume is a nice check mark, especially L5

>>86911599
people unironically use java for webdev
java is one of the most common languages used in at least two of the FAGMAN so it's good to know
>>
>>86909497
Mine do as well, it's funny seeing them all waiting for the first person to say morning at 7:28am and then they all flood in like they all took the same bus, kek
>>
File: 1643318934974.gif (2.04 MB, 498x498)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
>some retard today got a phishing email with a "finance" related excel
>not only did she try to open it but she forwarded it to several people who also did the same

I'm so fucking glad our endpoint protection stopped it before it could do shit. I hate tard wrangling sales/finance workers so much
>>
File: 1582580353497.jpg (45 KB, 1125x495)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>assign dhcp reservation
>config static ip anyways
Can’t trust shit around here
>>
File: 1645643546183.jpg (37 KB, 474x479)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>"the spec says you should do X but you didn't, is that because of some underlying limitation?"
>the spec says no such thing
>"well it sounds like it does"
>paragraph N of the spec clearly says X is optional
>"well I don't understand any of that. my job is to find bugs and file JIRA tickets, so I'm filing one for this bug, okay?"
>...okay
>>
File: 6a1.jpg (98 KB, 1026x1200)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
What's the best tech job for someone like me who lacks a piece of paper that says I'm smart? All I have is a 2 year electronics degree and a massive fucking brain. I work with industrial electronics right now and the job is ok but the commute is ass. Working from home would make my life way easier. Or should I just bite the bullet and get an IT cert?
>>
File: 321321.jpg (8 KB, 216x234)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
another day of being overemployed. J1's paycheck hits tomorrow. Can't wait.
>>
>>86912510
How do I become you dude?
>>
"tech jobs"

lmfao
all tech jobs are shit and oversaturated. full off fat disgusting nerds and smelly niggers

enjoy soulless life losers

t.welder
>>
>>86912696
work remote
>>
>>86912720
>t. will never see north of 6 figures in his life
>t. will cope and say he makes that amount but lives in a bumfuck middle of no where town where the closest thing he can fuck is his sister at the local chilis
kek
>>
I feel burnt out bros. It's a cycle that never ends:
>start new job, fresh and excited
>work really hard due to excitement
>always end up moving up, getting more responsibility, more work, more money, more projects
>this increase responsibility stresses me out and I begin to get tired and frustrated and eventually I get a new exciting offer and quit
>the cycle repeats
Halp.
>>
>>86912769
enjoy sitting in a fucking cubicle in a office for rest of your life losers

computer geeks dont even get their own office top fucking kek. only finance chads get their own office
>>
>>86912119
legitimately appreciate the insight. the main draw for me was solid paycheck for relatively low work, but it sounds like the 5-hour days aren't even a given. even if they were I'm not that convinced that I'm ready to settle down into a rest + vest. good luck with the pip anon
>>
>>86912814
i have my own office - it's in my house. with my children, and wife, that I get to see and spend time with every day asides from the hour or two of "work" i have to do.
>>
>>86912782
Have you tried taking a month off between jobs or examining other aspects of your life that could use some attention? Sounds like you've made some money, so put it to use in a satisfying way.
>>
>>86912856
Money is no longer a concern in my life. I've been working in corporate-land for 13 years now, 3 jobs, and I only had 2 days off ever in between jobs, and that's because I walked out of my last job mid-day (had other offer in hand) and went and floated in my dads pool getting drunk with him. So maybe you're on to something.
>>
>>86912845
loser
i litterally build america
>>
>>86912838
>the main draw for me was solid paycheck for relatively low work,
google changed their rating distributions to be more like amazon and facebook so rest and vest might be a thing of the past
it is still probably less work than a startup

>good luck with the pip anon
i just think i'm underperforming. manager hasn't said anything at all.
also PIP means you get a new job because you're not welcome at your old one.
>>
>>86911940
Too bad helldesk is literal slavery designed to extract every last ounce of your soul and turn you into an empty husk waiting to be discarded in favour of another chipper little monkey that doesn't know what he's getting into.
>>
>>86912891
trump lost
>>
>>86912510

How do you get two jobs? How do you balance the workloads? How do you manage meetings?

Please respond.
>>
File: 1647260881770.jpg (173 KB, 883x1400)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>86912935

>trump lost
>>
>>86912029
Damn sounds like my exact situation, how much trouble did you have with the first test?
>>
>>86911043
man I thought the europoor thing was just a meme. sorry germanbro at least you get universal healthcare
>>
>>86912960
>get one job, then get another
>you dont, you will slack and never pull your own weight and people will hate you
>you dont, you will miss meetings and look like an ass coming up with excuses

truth is, it's harder to fire someone than it is to hire someone in tech.
>>
File: 1642898959553.png (116 KB, 311x341)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>be me
>CS undergrad
>apply for IT consultant position out of boredom
>present less than zero formal qualifications
>mfw i fucking get the job
>mostly helpdesk so far but it's well paid for how much actual work i do
>coworkers are fun and share my interests
>in the talks of making me take over some of our engineering projects
>company quickly growing, every year netting a larger profit

I think I hit a gold mine bros. It was just supposed to be a meme gig I did inbetween uni workloads but damn if the prospect of actual money isn't making my head spin.
>>
Currently working in Canada, wanted to apply for jobs in the states.
Have a B. Computer Science w/ Honors but I'm not sure what the U.S. equivalent is for my updated resume.
For those who may be unfamiliar, it's a middle step between a bachelor's degree and a Master's degree. Harder than a bachelor's in the same amount of time, but not as hard as a master's.
>>
>>86912782
>I get a new exciting offer and quit
that's the meta right now (no pun intended if you worked there)
work for enough experience to make yourself enticing for the next job hop, change jobs, get put in the middle of the band instead of the bottom for more money

>>86912838
a lot of people claim that L5 has the best responsibility to compensation ratio in the company. also being L5 is much more impressive than L4 if you want to change jobs to a different company (aka better career prospects)

if you don't mind asking what is your offer?
>>
>>86913115

That sounds stressful as fuck.
>>
>>86912720
>>86912891
enjoy being partially disabled by 40. Your kids will be trailer trash and crack prostitutes
>>
>>86912117
I get paid middle of the road 5 figures to fix stupid shit in a godforsaken codebase. I shitpost for free.
>>
>>86913160
> L5 is impressive
fortunately already have a couple top non-FAANG companies on my resume, big G wouldn't hurt but I don't think it will change my life

> what is your offer
200 base, 805 equity over 4 years, 35 sign-on (all America bux)
>>
>>86913399
>fortunately already have a couple top non-FAANG companies on my resume, big G wouldn't hurt but I don't think it will change my life
L5 at G can help you land L6 at other companies is what i mean

>200 base, 805 equity over 4 years, 35 sign-on (all America bux)
damn that's pretty good for L5. is that more or less than the startup offer?
>>
>>86909497
My team records attendance with good mornings in the chat. They're so antisocial. Nobody talks for the rest of the day unless they're in meetings.
>>
>>86913474
it's the best public-company offer I've received this cycle (all others were for similarly leveled roles). hard to compare directly to startups, as ultimately everything comes down to company success + value of equity. this offer is a much stronger guaranteed floor value, but the startup only has to do moderately well to eclipse those total comp numbers. I think that's just part of the fun
>>
>>86909375
I support this general. It's good to have a container for all these shitty wagies posts spamming the board.
>>
>>86910409
There's solutions for other languages on GitHub.

Which companies are the hot new unicorn startups? Any non retarded ones? By the time I hear about shit it's already bankrupt
>>
>>86911359
Did you tell anyone you're "Blocked"? It's the magic word.
>>
so...are consulting companies fucked? especially tech related ones? should i apply to that role? isnt it a lot of people talking?
>>
>>86909375
How many certs does it take to get into pen testing? I can't take help desk anymore.
>>
>>86914702
OSCP will get you started in that side of cyber
>>
>>86913070
I got a couple curve ball questions like "how do you fix a projector", which I don't believe was covered on the video series I watched. The first couple questions you get are performance based and little tricky, but besides that it's pretty smooth sailing.
>>
>>86914744
OSCP is the real cert, and well respected. However, suggesting that it is at all obtainable while 'getting started' is just plain cruel to the newbs. It's still quite the challenge and investment for hardened veterans.

>90 days lab access + OSCP exam certification fee - $1,599
>>
>>86915108
Yea, OSCP is pretty fucking tough, also CEH.

Network+ and/or Sec+ would be a def prereq.
>>
>>86915145
Half right. CEH is a joke, only get it if you're going for a government job that requires it. Private sector doesn't take CEH seriously at all.
>>
Don’t make this a what cert general that literally killed /cyb/
>>
>>86909627
Home, because I can manage my own time. I get my work done in 2-3 hours most days, but that's because I work hardcore with no distractions during that time. Also, like most people, eating lunch slows me down, so I get my work done before lunch and fuck off. Can't do that at the office.
>>
>>86909627
Office desu
I can't roll over to my personal pc and shitpost all day somewhere where my traffic is logged
Not stopping me from demanding to work remote tho
>>
Bros... what if I don't wanna tell them about myself?
I think that's a bit too personal for a question and quite honestly, creepy.
>>
>>86909627
at home I browse 4chan all day. Better to go into the office a couple days a week, get all the work done, then fuck off for the rest
>>
>>86915483
Okay, sorry. I didn't know that happened. I will refrain from asking cert questions again.
>>
>>86910150
take the google offer, you will learn a lot about building large scale applications, it will be more useful to you in your future career, you can take that experience to a startup and actually make it successful
>>
>>86909627
Home 100%, don't have dumbass pajeets bothering me 24/7
>>
>indian guy on the team
>lives in US now but you can tell he's immigrated pretty recently
>very nice whenever i talk to him but in PR review comments he comes off as a total asshole and is very curt and argumentative despite always being proven wrong in his arguments
is this a standard thing with pajeets? i'm starting to think he's just bad at conveying tone and isn't trying to be an asshole but goddam is it pushing me to my limit
>>
>>86915623
everyone always lies for that anyway. in particular it seems people play up how much they love the outdoors in an interview or early "get to know you" period of a job and then you never hear about them going hiking or biking or camping again, just shit about their cat or their vacation to NYC
>>
>>86915758
Pajeets are just cunts, so yes that's him in a nutshell, they will be nice to your face and stab you in the back for good boy points.

>>86915623
Don't think too much of it, just say normie things and move on. And don't tell them about your body pillows and posting on Japanese anime boards.
>>
What's the deal with certs? I have a 4-year degree from a good university and work as a SWE. Do I just not have to get them? Is this how people without degrees distinguish themselves? Sounds like a pain in the ass.
>capcha: GAGHH
>>
>>86910331
>and you'll get to influence that
HAHA, oh man. What a Neet idea right here.

You honestly don't think that startups aren't full of Woke bullshit? Man, are you in for a surprise.
>>
>>86915758
I do think pajeets are more prone to sounding a little cunty via text, like they're more blunt with the language and slightly autistic and sometimes will ask questions like
>where is the x??????
not realizing how obnoxious excessive punctuation like that comes off
>>
>>86911126
... Didn't you answer your own question retard?

Man, this is coming from someone who has had ZERO connections and had to bust his ass through Americorps, a bullshit hospital job, a bullshit Adtech job, a bullshit tech support job up until this point.

Why can't you fucking people with connections be happy? It is 100x harder the other way around.
>>
>>86909696
Develop a personal relationship with your workbuddies or we're going to turn you into a homosexual.
This is not a joke, this is a threat.
>>
>>86915828
If you don't have any plans for further education they can be a good distinguisher if you are looking to switch jobs, otherwise they don't mean much. They also mean more if you are looking for government work.
>>
>>86912769
BTFO
>>
File: philosoPepe.png (44 KB, 400x400)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>86911116
fuck you make $135k a year as a tech writer? I've always thought about making the move to one because I unironically like to write.. I write a lot of documentation now as an electrical engineer, and studied EE and philosophy in school. What sort of company do you work for, what sort of documentation are you writing/editing/maintaining?

I've worked as an electrical engineer in manufacturing for the past 8 years. early years involved long hours and commissioning, now I do more design and it's definitely more comfy but a bit more boring.
>>
File: giga.jpg (33 KB, 680x763)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>86909696
I only have the company messaging software installed on my work computer. I don't install that garbage on my phone.
>>
>>86911011
yuropoor tech is shit anon. Also yeah you're way underpaid
>>
>>86912720
>Imagine breathing toxic fumes on a daily basis
>Imagine coughing up black shit from your lungs after work

Ah, what a wonderful way to die.

Video related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0
>>
>>86915924
>government work
Oh no. Oh God no. No, no, no. I don't want that. I don't want to work for the government. I can't stand that. No thanks. No thanks. Oh please oh God no. No
>>
>>86912782
Happened to me back in November. I was super stoked. Then Nepotism happened, and I'm dealing with 3 people on my team both up the chain and on my level that I don't like.

Can't complain to anyone because my new boss was part of the deal. Kind of blows atm, Anon. Just doing it for the bills and to pay for a bootcamp at this point.
>>
>>86912891
Until China automates your job you stupid fuck
>>
>>86912845
Amen. Based response right there.
>>
>>86912782
Literally me
>>
>>86915916
Not the Anon, but I hate my coworkers in weird ways. They're all stupid liberals that I know more about random things. It pains to see so many of the same retards reach for VS Code, Atom, or Sublime plus subpar iTerm2.

All of which they could have replaced with Emacs.
>>
>>86915960
Not the Anon but that shit is a larp. Most technical writer jobs make $60 to $80k max cap.

t. knew a technical writer who was very good two jobs ago, and even the current one at my current job. I looked at these jobs before and they honestly don't make much.

Good if you're in a low cost state, but blows otherwise.
>>
>>86909627
I woke up 4 minutes before the scrum meeting with my boss and another person. its my 4th day at this internships. holy shit bros that was close
>>
>>86916218
So you were on time? What's the problem here?
>>
>>86911126
do launch school instead it will be better
>>
I want more pay but my job is honestly pretty comfy 95% of the time
Don't really want to risk going into a shit workplace for slightly more money
>>
>>86909497
GOOOD MOOOORNING SEEERRRRR
>>
>>86916247
ya but it was a close one, I missed my alarm but randomly woke up just in time
>>
>>86911011
Hope you get better man
>>
>>86911116
how is that a technical writing job, sounds like what a project manager does at my company
>>
>>86911011
Average starting salary in the US is around 70k right now. Most people do not start out at 100k even in Jew York City
>>
>>86911043
>The US has ridiculous expenses, that's why they have to do more.
i don't think my extra expenses make up for the fact your salary is half mine and you probably pay half of it in taxes? what's your rent like? i don't know if you're talking about healthcare but i go to the doctor like twice a year and don't have a copay so that's basically irrelevant to me
>>
>>86916409
>tfw started at 100k and got an 8k raise after six months
kinda cheating since i did have a stem degree even though this is the first job i've had to actually do programming, but my last job paid like 40k/yr so this was a big step up
>>
>>86909627
office.
>>
>>86909627
office because i have to at least appear busy at all times due to everyone being able to see me and my screen in an AIDS open office environment. at home i spend half the day shitposting on my personal laptop while i just move the mouse on my work computer every 20 minutes so it doesn't go to sleep and people see me inactive on slack. i hate the open office shit but i get the reason companies do it, it absolutely works
>>
>>86916504
Studies have shown open office layouts are actually less productive
>>
>>86916544
studies conducted by open office drones desperate to get back into a cubicle so they can goof off again
>>
>>86909497
Mine too. I'm from Argentina
They actually act like pajeets in many other ways too
Im starting to think that race doesn't have anything to do with it, it's just a third world thing
>>
>>86915676
This. Even if you only stay there for a year or so, you will make a lot of money and it will help you a lot. Recruiters basedface when your resume says ex fagman
>>
>>86909497
Me too, and I'm from Argentina. But most of my coworkers are women, so perhaps that's the case here.

>>86916594
Do you happen to work at a startup in [spoiler]zona sur[/spoiler]?
>>
>>86914702
for me it was 0 certs. :)
>>
>>86916594
>>86916624
I'm >>86909497. interesting to see argentinians here. I'm from chile and yea, people do thar shit every day. it's kinda cringe
>>
>>86915891
i have 0 work experience so i dont know if skills or connections always equal a good job
but why not just go to a catholic or orthodox church, they tend to spend a fuck ton of time at college and everyone is a family there
jews and muslims are the same
>>
>>86916624
Nope. Villa Crespo lol
I used to work at a smaller company and they were nothing like this.
they paid less but they weren't corporate NPCs
They were like normies but with sovl
>>
I like reading this general’s posts because you guys are pretty autistic and authentic. It gives me hope.
>>
>>86916409
>Most people do not start out at 100k even in Jew York City
unironically everyone i've met in that area either makes under 70 or more than 150
seems to be 2 different job markets that exist in the same place
>>
I worked for 8 years in an unrelated field. Quit during peak covid and went back to earn a degree in CS. I'm going to be mid-30s by time I graduate by end of the year. How fucked am I?
>>
>>86916763
>Eliminate the middle class per Globohomo and leftist cities
>Surprised the middle class doesn't exist
Pretty much, they need low class people for taxes and the wealthy to tell everyone how perfect their slum city is
>>
>>86916722
Where I work, people are as normie as it gets. Marvel movies and the like, however they're pretty chill, cover for each other when no one wants to work, stuff like that.
>>
I have a BSc in Mathematics and can program in python. I'm starting a cyber security 2 year program at a really good technical school. Will I be able to get a job afterwards? Not expecting anything fancy or high paying right away.
>>
>>86916846
If you have a bachelors in math you can already get a software development job really easily.
>>
>>86916853
How? I've tried for years to do anything in tech, data to software. Never even get a reply.
>>
>>86916846
A BS and 2 year cybsec would probably land you something like an infosec analyst or infosecurity specialist, basically you would be "researching" and making sure apps in your space comply with security standards. You aren't gonna be doing like reverse malware or Red team hacking and such, for that you will need a CSP cert or Pentest+ and more experience or CS. But cybsec pays well anyway so just depends on what you wanna do, you arent gonna be starving.
>>
File: wojak.jpg (28 KB, 474x418)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>86909375
I am starting to wish that I had not gotten into the tech business. I just wanted enough money for a farm. Now my dreams of living in the countryside raising vegetables are at odds with my career choices, as all the tech jobs are either remote or in the big city. For those of you who don't know, country internet sucks even with satellite internet.
>>
>>86916886
Maybe Starlink will get better and we will be able to have 20 acre farms in the countryside once we retire with our 2 mil and fuck off to the countryside in our electric trucks and railguns.
>>
>>86916879
I wouldn't mind that job I reckon. I could just work towards OSCP in my free time. The program I'm doing does have a pentest type course involved near the end, I really just hope I don't end up on help desk out of the gate.
>>
>>86915042
This is useful info thank you, I imagine you did an online test right?
>>
>>86916816
Yeah, cartoons tried to convince us that tech people are like these weird, cool, mysterious nerds with obscure hobbies
Irl tech people are just the normiest normalfags with varying degrees of social ineptitude
>>
File: FPxLTHqaIAIzc0y.jpg (80 KB, 720x752)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Anyone here Australia based? I'm a kiwi planning on moving there and wondering what a typical interview process is like.
>>
>>86916886
bruh just ditch the tech shit and use your skills to handle farm equipment
>>
>>86916968
potentially a screening interview (with recruiter and/or HR)
coding test (if programming)
at least one, if not more, technical interviews. usually if it's across multiple interviews it means interviews with peers and team leads first, followed by interviews with the management who can actually hire.
try interviewing from nz now. you might find something remote and not have to move.
>>
>>86917093
Yeah, I'm planning to start applying as soon as I get my passport sorted. My gf is deadset on moving there so probably won't end up staying in NZ either way
>>
>>86917129
why move to australia? i thought NZ was a nice place to live?
>>
>>86916793
i'm talking about tech workers lmfao
>>
>>86917149
Higher salaries, more jobs, lower cost of living
>>
>>86916886
I have this fantasy too bro, but I think having a farm is a job itself. Not saying it's impossible
It's chill, but it's also hard work
A 9-5 job + maintaining a decently sized farm alone is probably not too viable unless the farm is the only hobby you have
If I had to choose between the job and the farm, I'd choose the farm, but I need money first.
I'm gonna try to retire at like 45 and live in poverty with my savings
>>
>>86917129
all good. best of luck!
>>
how do I git gud at coding interviews? I've been using leetcode to practice whenever I have free time at my job but I feel like i'm not making much progress
>>
>>86917951
practice makes perfect.
>>
twist or stick ?
>been at this place, comfy office
>boss is super good
>IT specialist job
>just extinguish some fires and helping coworkers with some simple issues
>shit wage, full time, but basically only have work for half a day, some days no work.
>can work four times a month remote
>have to attend meetings with 100+ ppl so noone cares about me
>just put it on the background and do my own work
>nice office to work at, can probably do some freelance stuff on the freetime and earn some more doing webshit
thoughs? should i stick with this or try to land some codemonkey software dev job with better pay?
>>
anyone else also averse to pajeets?
>>
>>86915623
Make a up a new profile. Tell them you read books but mention one you read long time ago that is acceptable to the eyes of your recruiters. Do this for every hobby.
>>
I'm in my 30s, don't have a degree, never held a job (owned a couple of non-IT businesses), how can I start an IT career?

I have decent experience on a bunch of stuff , e.g. virtualization, netsec/pentesting, programming, sysadmin, linux, web development, networking, but no actual specialization on something

What can I do in my situation anons? Should I specialize on something by getting certs?
>>
>>86916939
It used to be like that tho, where are my aspies at?
>>
>>86918156
Interested too.
>>
>>86913583
are you on my team
>>
>>86909627
it's hard to say. i guess ultimately i am at home because there are far less distractions. i think i'll go crazy having a desk in an office now where people can freely interrupt you
i think i work less at home but the quality of work i output is far greater. though, being at the office gives you a false sense of productivity and simple, relatively inconsequential things get crammed into what you consider work. so actually in hindsight, i think i work more at home too
>>
>>86918156
yes the first step is choosing what you want to do
>>
>>86918340
I would love to go balls deep into offensive netsec because I've always been better at tearing down stuff than I am at building things, would getting certs and putting out some projects be enough to get my foot on the door without a degree?
>>
What kind of job could I get with a net+ and no experience?
>>
>>86918652
mcdonalds
>>
how often do you niggies update your linkedin bullshit? just want to fly under the radar avoid those data miners desu
>>
Azure bros, how do I pass 400 without studying?
>>
>>86916073
>All of which they could have replaced with Emacs.
Fuck off with that surrogate religion, you obnoxious faggot, let people use what they want
>>
File: 1646408735002.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
German software engineer here, my team and me were just laid off as the stock tanked -70% in recent weeks.
Where do you guys find freelance jobs for high-skilled tech workers in Europe?
>>
>>86919896
So it’s true what the say about the bubble?
>>
File: chimera.jpg (226 KB, 718x1128)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>86910682
>another dozen got the vaxx
What are you implying?
>>
>>86911043
jewsa doesn't have 75% of the wage in mandatory expenses
>>
>>86912455
>okay
pussy
>>
>>86920233
>another dozen got the vaxx
>What are you implying?
Hmmm I wonder
>>
I started a new job last week in the UK and I want to quit, my contract says its a one week notice period on probation but I've done fuck all. If I leave all my shit back in the office on Monday and leave could they sue me for breaching the contract?
>>
>>86920575
seems interesting story if you want to leave so bad
pls tell us more
>>
>>86920575
just have some self respect and tell them you want to leave and take your shit. no one wants to keep someone around if they have 1 week notice anyway
>>
>>86920623
Really not that interesting, the role just isn't for me.

>>86920625
I am going to go into the office, write an email to HR/boss then leave with all my equipment behind. I'm not going to ghost them or anything.
>>
>>86909375
I find it amazing that you created this general to clean up the rest of the board of work talk and people actually fell for it as transparent as it was.
>>
>>86916781
not at all

>>86916846
>cyber security
>2 year program
>really good technical school
better start doing the offsec OSCP, learning about systems architecture and watching videos from conferences on how to find bugs to get CVEs. fill your resume with those skills/cert and you'll get jobs easily and MUCH faster. also, have fun.
>>
>>86920975
People didn’t
>>86918048
>>86916640
>>
>I have to make more pull requests today
No one told me life was going to turn out this way..
>>
>>86920975
Cope, this is the best general atm. NEETs can't relate.
>>
>>86920975
Oh no, people fell for making ontopic posts. How will all those poozen vs intelaviv and itoddlers btfo threads survive now?
>>
>>86909627
Office. Some of my work involves embedded hardware so it's faster to have it on my desk.
>>
>>86916886
??? starlink costs sth like $150/mo (plus 1k for the antenna) and it's good enough from what I've read

>>86916968
is it true that NZ has become too expensive to live and that lots of rich people have moved there?

>>86918053
try sending resumes. once you get an offer, you talk to your boss and tell him that you are leaving unless they raise your salary

>>86918156
>>86918284
>>86918398
I started as pentester at 30, without any certs. all those skills will be very helpful.
if I could so can you.

>>86918652
try convincing some boomer that you can fix their IT related issues

>>86918767
>just want to fly under the radar avoid those data miners desu
then don't use it, dumbass. that's the whole point of linkedin: to be seen by recruiters.

>>86919896
what company? SAP?
>>
congrats, Go is pretty chill
>>
>>86916886
nobody stopping you from finding another job in the countryside
>>
>>86921795
Starlink is pretty good unless you have the misfortune of being a twitch streamer. My wife and I are considering it for when we move out to the countryside. Also, what has your pentesting career been like so far? All of my work has been compliance/blue team work which is sluggish and boring.
>>
>>86912475
You're not smart anon, you're a prideful ass. You answered your own question on this post. What are you going to do next? Take the next shit job or get certs and take a shit tech job? Moving around won't change a frame of mind
>>
>>86909497
based
>>
>>86916925
I went to a nearby testing facility. If I take another cert I might do it online though.
>>
File: 1649818789671.png (305 KB, 561x561)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
I can't believe I was laid off. Germany is such a shit mediocre country. I'm 34 and so fucking fed up with software engineering. I hate the routine, I hate the office politics, I hate the power plays, I hate the daily standups. Every team I worked in over the years was fucking mediocre. A hell hole filled with normie Germans, talking about 'Simpsons' and 'Game of Thrones' shit during lunch. Just zip it could you please you neck bearded low-life.

Guys I'm thinking about going on welfare and being a neet again. Thoughts?
>>
>>86922202
>Starlink is pretty good unless you have the misfortune of being a twitch streamer
then don't? guess you could upload pre-recorded stuff or whatever as your last resort.

>Also, what has your pentesting career been like so far? All of my work has been compliance/blue team work which is sluggish and boring.
testing stuff: web/desktop/mobile applications, servers, internal/external wired/wireless networks, APIs, ... I've done a bit of everything. right now I'm doing almost nothing, so I'm getting really bored... but otoh, it's almost free money and I have a LOT of time. I don't get paid as much as ex-coworkers, but idgaf tbhwyf

>>86912475
companies don't pay people for being smart, they pay people to solve problems in order to make or save money (or, at least, for the promise of doing it)
>>
>>86922684
whining office bitch
>>
>>86922684
Start your own business
>>
>>86922684
Who the fuck is talking about The Simpsons and GoT in 2022? Are Germans living a decade behind everyone?
>>
>>86922684
sneed
>>
>>86922684
>34
>got laid off
>everyone around me is mediocre
My guy, I doubt you're gonna take this well, but there was one constant throughout your entire career - if it wasn't obvious enough. The final nail in the coffin is that you got laid off in what is supposedly a team made up of mediocre people.
>wah I got laid off because I don't talk about Game of Thrones at lunch.
Nah.

I hope you're just baiting because god damn you sound insufferable.
>>
>>86918056
this is a thread for people with jobs. if you want white people, check out /v/ or wherever NEETs hang out.
>>
>>86922677
Thanks for answering my questions, just one more:
Were the questions "gimme" answers? I know you said you were thrown off by >how do fix projector
But I'm just curious how seriously I really need to study for it.
I don't want to waste money by failing.
>>
>tfw you think you did well in an interview but the company passes on you
>>
>>86922976
they probably got a copy of your 4channel.org post history during the background check
>>
>>86922684
And you can’t believe you were laid off?
>>
>>86910891
>facebook has passed its peak long ago and the company stock value is a bubble waiting to burst
PE is 15 right now, 30% profit margin, 6% revenue growth yoy. Facebook actually makes money and the stock is cheap right now.
>>
File: 16324756438573.gif (50 KB, 128x111)
50 KB
50 KB GIF
I completed my first two tasks at work today
>>
>>86911221
>>86911258
>>86913743
Was just about to post the same advice.
>Sorry big sir, i'm as blocked as the main drag in Delhi and you're the agile janny.
>>
>>86922954
the questions seemed like they were pulled from a pool of available questions that were randomized. The only thing I would say you need to know by heart are port numbers, cloud services, printer stuff, and the (comptia)troubleshooting methodology .
>>
>racking network equipment in a small hut in the middle of a field with a heat index of 95
Brehs don’t fall for the network admin meme
>>
File: 1652458943620.jpg (109 KB, 607x546)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>86909375
AMAZON RECRUITERS KEEP EMAILING ME FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF I'M BLOCKING ALL AMAZON EMAILS
>>
>>86923707
they are annoying as fuck aren't they? I got 2 within an hour of each other one time.
>>
>>86923707
It's not just Amazon, it's different recruiters from their subsidiaries that are annoying as fuck too.
>>
>already got a contract coming up
>did some interviews just to look around
Damn that was instructional af.
>>
>in pointless all hands meeting
>woman who's entire job is giving this meeting is talking about mental health awareness
>talking about Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin, and Endorphins, aka DOSE for sure
>"Make sure you all get your daily DOSE!"
took all my energy to not say "thanks doc"
>>
File: 960x0.jpg (223 KB, 960x959)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
I'm gonna grid leetcode as a madman. I have a rusty knowledge on java, c# and js, but never touched python. If you want, join me in this crazy adventure. Any suggestion on style or making it more idiomatic are welcomed.

>Problem
https://leetcode.com/problems/contains-duplicate/

>Java
https://wandbox.org/permlink/pvJ1Ia7Db39CeoWm
>C#
https://wandbox.org/permlink/GuLYixjDydEmGn1I
>Python
https://wandbox.org/permlink/qlpHYzc5yOE1mFpH
>JS
https://wandbox.org/permlink/rUTv74FnWey0gAka
>>
>>86924520
oh god the pointless charade of caring about mental health took a slight toll on my mental health
>we're all here for you if you are feeling lonely
yeah i bet
>>
>>86909497
good morning sir
>>
>>86922684
Same boat as you
neeting unironically seems like a better choice
>>
File: 1652464850430.png (28 KB, 796x240)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>86909497
>>
I'm so fucking sick of my job. When I signed up, it was to do front end dev stuff. For the past two months I've been doing IT work including setting up servers, and I've literally had to google how to do every single thing cause I have no training with it. I wasn't onboarded at all, and have to work with a team that is made up of 50% who don't speak English. For the past week I've stopped responding to our messages on the Slack-like app (it isn't even Slack lol), and thinking of just stopping doing shit at all until I get fired.
>>
>>86924520
>>86924890
same fucking shit happens to me. how the fuck do these women even have a job? their whole job is fucking useless and makes things WORSE. how can companies pay these people and not realize they are wasting worker's (and, therefore, company money) time on retarded shit?
>>
>>86924989
start sending resumes.
>>
File: LzaHq9sa_400x400.jpg (30 KB, 400x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>86909497
BUENOS DIAS SENOR
>>
>>86924974
what should i do instead sir?
>yo man could you review this
>oi cunt pull_request_link
>pull_request_link
vs
>hello sir, could you please review this when you've got a moment?
>>
File: FGRqowWVgAEj-fA.jpg (124 KB, 934x931)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>86909375
im never going to find a job, i feel so demoralized. I have a cs degree (from a state school, horrible GPA desu), 1 internship, a personal website, side projects and im 700+ application deep from applying on and off since i graduated in 2020. i can't take it anymore, im so close to giving up and just getting a wagie job. this is so stressful. i want to work in web development and do comfy front end stuff but ill take anything at this point. pls hire me i need to move out of my moms house im 27 it's pathetic.
>>
>>86909627
It's significantly easier to pretend like you're getting work done at an office. With WFH they're a lot stricter about your time-tracking and proving that you're actually hitting your deadlines. At the office you can look busy just by walking around and talking to people and pretending all your time spent in "meetings" is actually productive.
>>
>>86925045
Why don't you try using the name of the person?
>hello John, could you please review this when you've got a moment?
>>
>>86925059
Link side projects
>>
>>86925059
There's something very wrong with your resume or projects. Do you have ANY work experience? 27 yo who never had a job is a red flag.
>>
>>86925065

I absolutely disagree.

>t. wfh. 6 hours in of work and haven't even opened the code editor today.
>>
>>86925108
i graduated when i was 25 in spring 2020 right before the pandemic, ive been volunteering at a local nonprofit that is not software-related for the last year or so in my free time, ive held plenty of wagie jobs in the past as well just never had a job in tech besides my web development internship.

i am about to start lying a fuck ton on my resume i dont care anymore, i just need to make it believable. im thinking of just stealing shit from github for more side projects as examples of recent work.
>>
>>86925081
i do that but sometimes you need to switch it up, theres so many variations of the word "Hello"
>>
>>86925086
i would never link anything on 4chan but ill give you a run down

>websitei built to show photography i took while traveling, it's pretty silly and has text blurbs and pictures that you can rotate and re size with a transformation tool, pretty pointless overall
>hackaton project that connects to a grocery store api and retrieves calories and recipes
>2 group projects from school, 1 is a crud app and the other is an IOS app
>website i built during my internship
>>
>>86925170
Anon you're a fool if you think you can't do that in an office setting. I've spent entire weeks at the office looking busy and doing absolutely nothing productive. It may be easier at home since you don't have to pretend as hard, but like I said, at least at my company, they look at your actual PRs and deadlines a lot more closely when you're WFH. It's like if you actually show up, people assume you're getting work done, because at least you showed up to the office.
>>
>>86925008
i dunno bro. the people in charge at my company seem like they enjoy the structure and like having women they can boss around and they just kind of give some busy work to do
everyone else seems to buy into it though like 'omg u make me feel so welcome' so it makes me think i'm the fucking weirdo
>>
File: facebook-office-plan.jpg (342 KB, 1440x900)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>86925379
>the people in charge at my company seem like they enjoy the structure and like having women they can boss around and they just kind of give some busy work to do
Powerful men got used to having air-headed women in the office, and when secretaries started becoming obsolete thanks to software (don't need a person to remind you about a meeting when Outlook does it for free) they invented new bullshit roles to keep air-headed women around. The work environment for executives has barely changed over the years while they keep making everybody below them work more and more like cattle to boost shareholder profits.
>>
>>86909375

Started out doing config management at DirecTV right around the time AT&T took over. Did a bit of backend Python work. Really basic stuff. Learned more about JIRA than I ever cared to learn.

Ended up doing application support. Boss was an asshole and the product, while having some cool features, had its fair share of warts. It was dependent on software that was being deprecated. A lot of things didn't work but customers liked my service. Did a lot with SQL. Got pretty good at it.

Ditched that shit for an Android programmer position. Learned about threads. They always seemed like something mystifying. Nope. Just more instructions. Wrote code and tested. Entire shop was disorganized but I made the best of it. Ended up having to quit around COVID. Could not take the wear and tear on my vehicle (1.5h commute each way, brakes gave out one morning) and the loss of sleep was killing me.

Ended up working from home as a Data Engineer. First time ever hearing of Spark. First time ever using Azure. Quickly became team's Azure Monitor SME. Convinced the team to switch from Python to Scala cause muh types. The software architect bitched but we all agreed to make the change.

(Present) That contract ended. Got placed on a new project. Its support...again. Such is the life of a consultant. Relegated to writing UNIX scripts that do small tasks (move files here, clean up permissions there) along with other random tasks. Mainly write in Python and Bash. Good mix of Windows and UNIX. Learning new automation systems.

Life is good. Currently working on certs and on expanding my knowledge and skillset as a software developer. Often get calls from recruiters and I always listen to what they're offering if its 100% remote. If the pay is significantly better, I move.

Thank you for reading my blog post, xirs **takes a bow**
>>
officecucks of /g/, when do you come in for work? Im thinking about switching from 8-4 to 10-6
>>
>>86925379
that doesn't make sense in my case because we all work remote, including these dumb bitches.
>>
>>86924890
>yeah i bet
Have you actually talked to her about your mental health or have you just succumbed to your cynicism?
>>
>>86925496
I work from home and start at 6. Sometimes I take a nap in my office and wake up at 8
>>
File: 1649386478638.jpg (68 KB, 600x600)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>86909375
Working as a consultant, this past month has been crazy. So many people have quit both my consulting company, and the client I'm working at. I'm talking people that have been at both companies for 10, 15, 20 years, all jumping ship at the same time. I have no idea wtf is happening but I'm genuinely worried. I don't want to jump off the bridge just because everybody else is, but I also don't want to be the last person aboard a sinking ship. Hard to tell which is which.
>>
>>86925497
only the tech team at my place works remote. the directors/team leads/marketing/hr people still go into the office at least 3/5 days of the week
>>
>>86925540
Fucking A, get a pair of nuts and leave too. Never be afraid to leave.

Just start slamming your resume elsewhere.
>>
>>86925291

I slept two hours in the morning today during work hours, watched porn and took a 30 mins shit afterwards. Let me know when you can do that in the office.
>>
>>86922875
Completely separate Anon, but at my job (2 jobs ago), people kept droning on and on about Game of Thrones to the point where I found out spoilers on leaked posts and started pretending like I watched.

The lunch table quickly gave up talking about Game Of Thrones soon after. It was glorious and hilarious at the same time.
>>
>>86925540
The economy is going into meltdown mode. Are you sure they're leaving of their own volition?
>>
>>86925540
>>86925612
be careful though, things are getting tougher

>>86925680
this.

>>86925561
even C-levels work remote. in fact, they are foreigners and work from their respective countries... for whatever stupid reason
>>
>>86925699
just a weird setup at my place. they all live in london and rent a fancy london office. i guess they just like it
>>
>>86925680
stocks are probably undervalued currently
>>
File: 1611090009630.jpg (54 KB, 657x527)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>86925520
probably the latter
>>
>>86909497
Same yet are all Caucasian from western Europe.
>>
>>86912455
Let them open the ticket, then close it and refuse to answer any question about it. That's what I always do.
>>
>>86925627
Way to shift the goalposts, retard
>>
>>86926203

It's the same Mongoloid, do you think I had to appear busy all day long today? I haven't even had a meeting today and don't think I will.

I believe your pretension that appearing busy in the office is easier is shit in my experience. It's always been more stressful for me in the office but it's always situational, your company maybe is just shittier stress-wise.

Anyways, no bad feelings you cum guzzler. I hope you have a great day sir.
>>
>>86925540
Lived through the expect same thing recently. Start applying for a new job right now.
>>
Are all consulting tech companies basically for retards or people who couldn't find a real job? Are there some that are actually selective? Like McKinsey tech maybe?
>>
im sorry to announce that you are ALL being made redundant. goodbye
>>
File: 1640035150583.gif (621 KB, 396x223)
621 KB
621 KB GIF
>>86926311
Freedom at last!
>>
>>86918156
Make some projects, post it on GitHub, put your GitHub in your resume, send that to hr.
>>
>>86925680
>Are you sure they're leaving of their own volition?
Yes because their LinkedIns are already updated with the new companies they're all starting at, that are all also consulting companies.
>>
>>86926311
DevOPS strikes again
>>
I hate fiberglass ceiling tile
>>
>>86925059
It could get worse
>t. 32 living the neet life
>>
Fucking hate my life. Accidentally showed too much competence in my company full of useless pajeets. Now every single time they need a task done urgently they give it to me. I'm not even fucking a good web dev. Only took the job for the money and because it was remote. I miss my old job so much, why did I leave.

To other anons out there, if you are chilling in your job currently think twice before moving for more money. It might not be the best idea.
>>
File: devlishpepe2.png (31 KB, 300x250)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>86915758
>is this a standard thing with pajeets?
They think the world revolves around them. They don't care about what other people think, which is a very white trait.
>>
>>86923610
Any strategies for studying?
>>
new thread when?
>>
>>86928134
Do it, anon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.