[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: radium_5_9_48.png (746 KB, 1600x900)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
>What DAW should I use?
https://rentry.org/dmpdoc

>Where can I learn about using trackers?
https://resources.openmpt.org/tracker_handbook/handbook.htm

Wiki:
https://mu-sic-production.fandom.com/wiki//mu/sic_Production_Wiki

Previous: >>86820079
>>
File: 6fasvr.jpg (59 KB, 620x465)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
i knew you were all thirsty fags all along
imagine thinking out of all things you should do programming to pull bitches
>>
>>86863106
Is Radium any good? How does it compare to Renoise?
>>
>/g/ makes a fourth album
Artist: Anonymous
Theme: Sample challenge
Title: cd Samples
Cover art: https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1645/10/1645106405801.jpg
Rules: You have to use at least one sample from this pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/nmn6ws66q31qnwt/
Submission deadline: Midnight between the 13th and the 14th of June (UTC)
Upload the file somewhere and post the link here.
If possible use a lossless format and upload to a file-sharing service, not to a music site like SoundCloud or Vocaroo.
IMPORTANT: Include the title of the song in the post. Don't rely on us reading it from the filename or tags.
IMPORTANT: Songs that contain anything against YouTube's policies won't be oploaded on YT (but will still be added to the album)

>/g/ makes a fifth album
Theme: Love songs (not necessarily romantic, can also be bro)
Title: "My only bugs are the butterflies in my stomach"
Please suggest covers for the next few days.

>Where can I hear the previous albums?
https://rentry.org/dmpalbums
>>
*generic DAW schizopost*
>>
File: i3.jpg (368 KB, 964x1637)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
You cannot debate this.
>>
>>86863253
Can you use a trip so we know who to scroll past
>>
>>86863262
Yep, you have no debate alright.
>>
When producing a track, do most performing artists try to record all in one take or slice up bits where they fuck up and try again. Example: bassist recording for the band's song. Verse is fine but following chorus he fucks up. Do studios usually record all over again or keep the verse that was fine but have him redo just the chorus? Not concerned about being a faggot saying "lmao thats cheating", just curious.
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>86863253
>Why yes, I don't care what DAW you are using as long you have fun making music. How could you tell?
>>
File: smallmanbigworld.jpg (60 KB, 1064x1099)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
good morning sirs.
I don't know jack shit about digital music production, but I wanna learn how to make soundtracks for my game.
what should I use? I've been using beepbox
much appreciated sirs,
es ienīstu sievietes.
>>
>>86863253
No software worth using has a Lunix port.
>>
>>86863157
won't use it until it fix the retard graphic that makes fading look like dc offset
>>
>>86863106
what the actual fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>86863333
>do most performing artists try to record all in one take or slice up bits where they fuck up and try again
both.
>>
File: 1644302949542.jpg (83 KB, 958x1280)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>86858315
so Jazz theory tends to have just a few set of rules and they're up to the person playing to choose how much to follow them, few things are strict, one of them being that you tend to use 7th chords because they're richer, another one is the usage of flats instead of sharps in notation.
There is a lot to it but nothing is about just copying what's come before, its just knowing the main chords and notes in a piece and improvising depending on your mood or what you feel the audience wants.
There's also stuff like swinging 8th notes, and this makes something either sound cooler or hotter (not that simple but that's Jazz for u babyyyyy)
>>
File: 1630368336065.png (2.76 MB, 1000x1330)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>>86863426
>>
File: 1644999029735.jpg (77 KB, 680x383)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>86856133
>>86857001
>>86858287
>>86856047
Thank you guys, I appreciate it a lot
>>
File: a88-mkii-hd-4-166168.jpg (177 KB, 1600x850)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Are Roland controllers any good?
>>
I really like making extra af IDM and footwork inspired drums but they often take up too much room to have a bass and I’m too stuck in the traditional mindset where it *feels* too wrong to not have a bass
>>
>>86862048
is that the new Adafruit UNTZtrument?
>>
>>86863341
No need just pay me to do it for you
>>
Anyone here work out of an external ssd? If so which one would you recommend reliability wise (I dont care much for speed)
>>
>>86862211
>>86862328
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/polyend-play-was-un-named-machine-at-superbooth-21/160531/889
>>
i may be missing something obvious but is there any effect or VST or DAW feature that can edit the velocity of notes in a MIDI clip based on CC input?
what i want to do is record everything without velocity modulation then play the midi clip while inputting CC values on a controller to edit the velocities after the notes were already laid down with their static velocities.

i only found tools that automatically map random velocities for notes which is nice but i want to do it manually and in time by just fiddling a fader while a clip plays to determine the velocity of the playing clip's notes. AFAIK this style of recording parameters can only be done with envelopes, slide, pressure, etc.
>>
>>86863039
>what are the best waves plug-ins in current year?
The good old ones are still the best (RVox, MaxxBass, MetaFlanger, etc.). Almost everything in the Abbey Road bundle is good. I also like OVox, Vitamin, Smack Attack, MV2. And I use the H-Series constantly, especially H-Delay (my favorite delay) and H-EQ.
>>
>>86864037
No problem so far (two years in) with my Samsung T5
>>
submission for the 'love' themed album (hope I'm not too late)

song title: Poker
song artist: arno1

download
http://arno1.com/poker.wav
>>
>>86864476
let me listen to it fag
>>
>>86864513
http://arno1.com/Poker.wav
>>
>>86864537
thanks
>>
>>86864476
>(hope I'm not too late)
bruh, you're early-as-fuck. the deadline for the current cd Samples album is mid June.

>song artist
I think they're all getting tagged as Anonymous...
I would love to have artist names, however. Maybe we could vote on that for that album?
I can't imagine anyone using a serious artist name on a 4chan album, and if they do, that's their prerogative. In my case, I would like to do a parody of an existing love song and make up an artist name that gives a nod to the original artist's name.
>>
>>86864916
either is OK

I just submitted another song to /mu/'s album which are being released by "minobu runs this society", dunno it's some weaboo thing
>>
crave > pro q
>>
>>86865043
i thought i was imagining the pro q coloring but then i tried crave transparent and i realized i had once again been gaslit
>>
bought suite this week, feelsgoodman
>>
>>86865043
>no dynamic bands
why would i use this garbage over equilibrium if i just need a static eq?
>>
File: 21Vki.jpg (76 KB, 393x591)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>86866829
>pro-Q4
THIS NIGGA FROM THE FUTURE CUS
>>
File: 1581233755287.gif (1.64 MB, 498x472)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
i'm literally NOT from the future why would you even say something so stupid

Fabfilter is and always will be its own company and will never get sucked into the future vst conglomerate
>>
Made an intro for the album

Title: Intro
https://www.mediafire.com/file/326gvdua7knxbdo/Intro.flac/file
>>
bruh the 6 am grind really hits different

something about the sun starting to come up makes it easier to make definitive decisions...

like a reminder that it's going to set again whether you make them or not.... memes in rain
:'(
>>
>>110404080
halp
>>
>>86867451
wtf
since when can't you crosslink from other boards

>>>/mu/110404080
>>
>>86864400
Does it sperg out if it gets repositioned or something? What about heat? Do you run VSTs and sample packs out of it or entire DAWs (thats what im planning to do)
>>
>>86867451
>>86867466
responding because Neon Demon
not really that close but maybe it'll help but it's zZzzzZZ time

https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/wSQWuaVp/file.html
>>
File: 1632009369207.jpg (229 KB, 750x731)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>86867830
>>86867830
Wow I didn't expect that. Much appreciated. Something small in return

https://youtu.be/CVvJp3d8xGQ
>>>/t/1058831
>>
>>86868042
All good m8 I got my DMPers
Sample CDs are based
>>
>>86867578
>Does it sperg out if it gets repositioned or something?
No, unlike old hard drives. I can even play videos from my SSD while moving around in the house with my laptop and the SSD. Or shake the SSD in my hand while audio and video from the SSD are playing. No problem.

>What about heat?
Never cared, never was a problem.

>Do you run VSTs and sample packs out of it or entire DAWs (thats what im planning to do)
I have the entire sample library of NI Komplete 13 on the external SSD. It works flawlessly.
>>
>>86868682
I need to do this with all my string libraries
>>
>>86868682
sounds great thx for the info
>>
hey now surge is pretty fookin good
>>
>>86868961
Ngl I downloaded and only used it for a night
Hate the interface
>>
currently looking at a Zenbook 14X. I remember the last time I tried producing on a laptop there was a good bit of latency. Is this just the norm or can it be circumvented?
>>
>>86869034
how much latency were you experiencing? did you use asio4all or an interface with asio drivers?
>>
>>86868973
trash interface but good sound and powerful
>>
File: ffx.jpg (118 KB, 1365x768)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
I have zero experience making music but I've recently got an itch to start making drum and bass (specifically liquid/atmospheric). Using a popular DAW like Abelton, is it relatively hard to making something like the following? It's hard for me to gauge how much time commitment it would take to get to something similar to this. I'm not trying to cut corners or expect to make music in a few hours, just seeing if it's worth even trying without prior experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfIW5kNOFb4
>>
>>86869633
Maybe 6 months or less to start pumping decent liquid if you study well enough, listen to each element of that track, it's not that hard compared to something like neurofunk
>>
>>86864297
im an idiot. there's a velocity midi effect in live.
>>
>>86869633
A few months of daily practice should be enough desu
>>
damn bros I think my breakcore period came early this month

just gotta crank em out...
>>
Just saw a tiktok ad somebody bought for their ORIGINAL SONG
>soulfully singing into mic and strumming an acoustic guitar
I’m actually furious that somebody thought it would help them
>>
>>86871338
>tiktok ad
how the fuck did you see a tiktok ad???
>>
File: akai-s1100.jpg (891 KB, 2284x1496)
891 KB
891 KB JPG
You dont need anything else.
>>
>>86871381
only teenagers have that kindof time
>>
>>86871361
Idk I was just scrolling facebook on internet explorer and all of a sudden it was just there. So weird

>>86871381
This post just keeps getting funnier
>>
>>86863774
only if they keys are weighted
>>86864201
looks gay
>>86871381
dangerously based. great machine.
>>86871394
teenagers? this thing was above what most teens could afford back when it was released. i would dare say that such machines are just too much to understand for today's zoomy.
> what? you can save audio onto a save icon? that makes no sense
> where's the touch screen? my obese hands are greasing up the display! nothing works!
> cursor is a knob! i don't see a cursor!
> fuck this shit, i'm going back to fruityloops!
>>
>>86871338
advertising (as cringe as it is) works. someone will see you, get curious, and then look you up, maybe even like your shit. hating it is also good, as you now got your name/product/etc. in people's minds. advertising is insidious in the way it works, but it works.
>>
>>86871808
Off topic, but I've seen a nokia communicator 9000i advertised for cheap because "the touch screen does not work"

The phone never had a touch screen
>>
>>86871438
>Idk I was just scrolling facebook on internet explorer and all of a sudden it was just there. So weird
Spare the sarcasm, I've never seen a tiktok ad neither on my phone or actual PC. YOU DID IT WILLINGLY. You monster.
>>
File: 1632424999272.png (1016 KB, 847x788)
1016 KB
1016 KB PNG
>>86871890
>Off topic, but I've seen a nokia communicator 9000i advertised for cheap because "the touch screen does not work"
>The phone never had a touch screen
>>
>>86871858
Advertising as a concept works obviously, and even when shit “outrages” or makes you cringe the corporate goal is solely name recognition and making you consider them; for an artist or any sole entity the wrong type of attention will absolutely fuck you up and make people not want anything to do with you.
Stuff like advertising generic songs in such a straightforward way just screams “desperate amateur”- everybody knows it’s about product/song placement now

>>86871902
Idek what you’re saying

The only reason I stopped scrolling is to mark “not interested” so I don’t start seeing musician targeted content
>>
>>86871934
>Idek what you’re saying
It means you're not behind 7 ad-blockers. Room to improve, no worries.
>>
>>86871934
> for an artist or any sole entity the wrong type of attention will absolutely fuck you up and make people not want anything to do with you.
unless it's involving the artist and child rape, then no. it won't fuck you up. there's billions of people on the planet that all don't think the same. there's been no shortage of artists who work failed to appeal to anyone in their own country but have had top selling songs in other countries.
>>
>>86871971
..??
Idk what else to say if you don’t think getting me too’d or exposed for plagiarism or some shit might have a net negative effect on somebody’s career
>>
>>86872003
let me get this right: you're against advertising as a musician because you might be exposed by some "me too" bullshit? you can't live life afraid of retarded whores with a twitter account. they have no power over anyone. there's this little thing called evidence that's the key. anyone can write anything they like, doesn't mean it's factual. that's been a huge problem with that movement for entitled incel whores. it encouraged all kinds of degenerate and compulsive lying simply to try and destroy people out of jealousy. many campaigns failed in spectacular fashion. that isn't something to worry about AT ALL unless you're so dangerously fucking retarded that you dig your own hole even deeper.
>>
>>86872003
If you're afraid of people seeing your music why be on the internet at all?
>>
>>86868582
A lot of things to unpack in your preset by the way, for a beginner. It's a good exercise to reverse engineer what does what
>>
i wish i could've been around when people were making dance music with their amiga computers. even though people who actually lived it would probably never go back and tell you it was actually horrible i'm still jealous of them.
>>
my monitoring situation is fucking dire
>>
>>86873489
:]
>>
>>86874498
What's stoping you from using Protracker now? The culture might not be the same but there still is one.
>>
>>86874770
well yeah but it's more about the context of it all rather than the hardware/software.

like for example someone making a cheesy techno track in protracker using late 80s sounds today is mostly making it for nostalgia purposes and that's how most people see it too. back then they were making modern music. you know what i mean? there's tons of intangible stuff that gets lost to time.

you're right though it's pretty cool that there's still a scene for it at least.
>>
>>86864916
>I would love to have artist names, however. Maybe we could vote on that for that album?
Sure.

Vote on allowing artist names for the 5th album:
https://strawpoll.com/polls/YVyP25z82gN
Poll closes in ~48 hours (May 11th, 23:45 UTC)
>>
Be real with me guys, is Logic Pro good? Worth switching to iOS for?
>>
>>86874825
Well you could try making modern music on Protracker. Mix the old with the new. Has anyone done Amiga dubstep yet?
>>
>>86875112
>Logic Pro
>iOS
>>
>>86875112
Logic is the best traditional-style DAW (traditional meaning "not FL Studio or Ableton") with the best stock plugins and samples, and well worth the switch to macOS.

But it also depends on what's your current DAW, and how much experience you have with it. If you're a Cubase power user, switching would not be an efficient decision for you. If you have little experience and are currently using Reaper or Studio One, you will be blown away by Logic.
>>
when do these
plug-ins go on sale? should i wait ?
>>
>>86874825
It was probably a bitter joy to make great chiptunes on Amiga. You were crafting dope songs with mind-blowing tricks and unique aesthetics... yet you were basically a nobody in a dead end, creating tracks that were considered amateurish by everyone, with zero public recognition and zero chances to get your music heard outside of the obscure Amiga nerd community. Yes, you were a good chiptune musician. But who cared?
>>
Is there any software that can isolate keyboards (not piano) and guitars? From what I tried, everything is merging keyboards and guitars together.
>>
>>86863148
yeah imagine having multiple hobbies you fat fuck
>>
>>86869392
I tried asio4all but it just wouldnt work. Flasio had a good bit of latency tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YojtJSLMfH4
what kind of patch is playing the chords? sounds like a filtered saw wave with maybe slight chorus to me but can't get anything similar.
then again, i also thought that James Blake Wilhelm Scream was using filtered saws when it was actually fucking pulse waves so what do i know
>>
>>86875236
Which plugins?
>>
>>86875509
more like flaccidio with how it has limp latency amirite amirite? xd

idk man it all depends on what you think is acceptable latency. just to give you an anecdote on mobile performance w/ specs i get around 12ms latency as reported by Live on my laptop that has a 10th gen i5.
>>
File: 623893125.jpg (58 KB, 780x438)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
s l e e p d e m o n

slept most of day...,,, vox were supposed to be placeholder but idk kinda makes sense... would rerecord though idk... idk... . . .
<.<

https://vocaroo.com/1laUMMpjQ0ix
>>
>>86876379
jk i had my buffer size really high because i had to change sample rates to check what settings people nornally use. i actually get around 8ms trying to minimize it. apparently thats still slow.
>>
>>86876414
6-8ms isnt all that bad but 12 seems kinda horrendous. Hopefuly I can get asio4all working somehow
>>
>>86875956
soundtoys devil loc and dmg eq
guitar rig 6 pro
>>
>>86875236
>sale
y not just sail instead of waiting for a sale mode and obtain them all for free? its an objectively better experience over a legitimate copy with an iCock license that you have to etch onto a usb or something. Idk maybe you'd rather buy for psych reasons or you want to be supportive which is based.
>>
>>86876470
eh someone can correct me if im wrong but i think your interface is going to mostly determine latency.

dont get your hopes up for asio4all because i just tried it and the lowest i could get it without crackling was 13.1ms with a 208 buffer size @44.1khz. i can only achieve the 8ms undistorted audio on my laptop using my interface and its drivers.
>>
File: tomfoolery.png (364 KB, 612x612)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>86876655
ye I should prolly invest in an interface any time now
>>
>find a CD I burned in 2010-2012 with my first 50 FL Studio tracks on it
>thought they were permanently gone, was amazed to find it
>load them up in FL Studio to have a listen
>remember that I composed all of them using Cakewalk Dimension Pro x64 as 90% of the synths
>no tracks are really listenable or fixable
>can't find Cakewalk Dimension Pro x64 anywhere to buy, or even to torrent
>sadge.jpg
>>
was i memed into fabfilter products or am i being memed into dmg products?
>>
>>86877401
both equally, but DMG with less legitimate cause
>>
>>86876650
is there a particular tracker?
>>
>>86863253
Ableton has max/msp support built in. You can literally code your own native Ableton plugins using C-code you fucking mong.
>>
>>86877404
>demos the eq
fucking schizos
>>
>>86877667
I think something like 60-80% of replies to my posts are complete non sequitirs these days.

How to attract mentally sane people bros?
>>
>>86877531
Ableton is the name of a company, idiot. There is no software called Ableton.
>>
>>86877840
>Being this autistic
Do you know what people mean even they say Ableton? Yes? Cool.
>>
>>86877868
Do you know that there is no software called Ableton? Idiot.
>>
>>86877868
I hope you’re the same guy responding to himself and not somebody engaging in conversation with such an obvious troll
>>
>>86877840
>my favorite software? yep, it’s Ableton
>>
>>86877401
You’re memed into both lol

t. stock plugin user
>>
File: 1644037447989.png (1.12 MB, 1920x1080)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
My DAW is Imagine-Line
>>
>>86879446
>my DAW? it’s Apple Inc.
>>
>>86863253
What a retarded image. No one fucking cares who uses which DAW except for autistic retards like you.
>>
File: death by dehydration.png (1.26 MB, 800x1667)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>86864201
the absolute state
>>
>>86863106
this is the future of advanced open source electronic music production on linux.
>>
>>86880766
no it isnt retard. even if you compile it from source, it's still the demo version and you have to figure out the several lines of code to fix if you want the paid version.
>>
File: 1628775294575.png (1.62 MB, 2406x1232)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>86880783
don't know why the fuck this file didn't attach but i was talking about vcv rack 2
>>
Why you fucking included this dmpdoc? At least fucking put in the web archive link?
Use https://dmpdoc.neocities.org/index.html, or if you hate me for being a nigger faggot (which I understand) https://web.archive.org/web/20220330105340/https://rentry.org/dmpdoc and https://rentry.org/dmprockandroll/
>>
Could you recommend any modern pop track breakdowns? Specifically one where they get into the vocals in some detail?

I want to broaden my references for vocal layering...
I think I get it intuitively to a degree but when I actually have to think about it I image more straight forward Beatles type stuff or plain double tracking etc
>>
>>86880115
the internet was a mistake
>>
>>86863253
Yay im a normal person!
>>
File: 1642505157247s.jpg (8 KB, 250x206)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Feedback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3YrRIeaS80

01: I don't really get it.
02: good, but wasnt this supposed to be hiphop?
03: has some very cool parts, i don't know what this, glitchy drum n base?
04: probably my favorite on the album, more or less what i thought real ni/g//g/as would be
05: most thematically correct track/10
06: kek'd hard all the way, especially the WoAw!
07: my second favorite track, nice old school beat, although the latter half was kind of weird
08: -skipping this as I made it- (its just bad)
09: comfy chillhop/instrumental beat, reminds me somewhat of nujabes
10: -skipping this as i made it- (should have finished it tho)
11: really liked this one too, the effect on the voice like an old rotary telephone was perfect
12:

I didn't have time to listen to all of it today, but maybe next time.
>>
File: 1649630380733.png (1.34 MB, 1840x1840)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>86882358
>01: I don't really get it.
It's a scary song where the vocals are a loop of a voice saying "for".
>>
>>86882358
>good, but wasnt this supposed to be hiphop?
no?
>>
>>86882441
ah so that's it
>>86882516
that's what i mis-remembered when i started listening, but it was good anyway.
>>
>>86879664
i judge people who use protools for anything other than straight recording, editing, mixing and mastering

fortunately those barely exist
>>
>>86881219
we begin at the beginning
NSYNC
>>
>>86878988
the limiter is incapable of doing it’s job and multiband/dyn eq isn’t available
you’ve been memed
>>
File: 1651004765051.jpg (121 KB, 744x1056)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>86882358
Very happy you liked my work. Put in a lot of work, and some shit didn't work in this album (all from me.) But now I got a basis of this music production stuff.
Even got an electronic guitar bro, expect surf rock on this album
>>
>>86882358
Oh yes, skip 14 and 15. From me and they are shit. I am extremely unhappy about them, and only released them in a drunken haze.
>>
LIMITLESS LAGS MY FUCKING PADS THEYRE OFF A 16TH NOTE WHAT THE FUCKKKK
>>
I want to buy a simple keyboard to emulate bass, I could get a midi keyboard but I also want something for my kids to play, would something like this work? I could connect to the audio input on my computer.

https://www.bax-shop.nl/keyboards/casio-sa-47-mini-keyboard-zwart-grijs
>>
>>86882358
based
>>
File: akai-mini.jpg (24 KB, 500x319)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>86863106
is this good for start ?
>>
>>86883437
how old are your kids ?
>>
>>86883437
https://youtu.be/dW-4NCAgr80
>>
>>86883876
>black keys
>mini keys
Ugh
>>
>>86883876
yeah get the normal version
>>
File: ReaperPeaks.png (18 KB, 572x496)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Any Reaper heads know why the meter doesn't show the same max value as "TruePk"
Is it a different type of peak? I want them to match, is there a benefit to having both values?
>>
File: KeyRig49.jpg (63 KB, 1446x761)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>86883876
Only if you KNOW you'll make use of the pads and knobs, you could just get the cheapest keyboard-only controller like my dogshit M-Audio and play drums like the Japanese Creative rep
https://youtu.be/h73kd6wsBq0
>>
>>86882441
i don't get it
>>
>>86884396
True peak is the peak when the audio is upsampled to 192khz. Sometimes they can go above 0db, though that means your audio clips a lot and it's better to reduce loudness. You don't need to worry about them being different as long as it's below 0db.
>>
>>86884460
Kino video, thanks for posting
>>
File: phobia of for loops.jpg (705 KB, 1054x1612)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
>>86884559
It's the "fear of for loops" meme
>>
>>86884971
lol i remember seeing this some years ago
>>
multiband compression and limiting and dynamic eq is podracing i havent had this much fun in months
the mixes are so fucking tight and loud now literally the kick and bass are my twin asymmetrical bitches pumping me dry
>>
>>86883905
6 and 3
>>
>>86884460
i digged more in now and i think i go with the
Arturia MiniLab MKII

https://youtu.be/bFoe9rDJnZ0
>>
>>86885776
>podracing
PogChamp*
>>
>>86885790
anon, i
>>
also my favorite for kicks and basses wow what a guy
>>
>>86885790
it sounds crap compared to every midi keyboard with a virtual instrument but i guess its ok
>>
>>86886092
https://youtu.be/Sld1ZYZdyj4
>>
>>86883876
i use it for the pads and knobs the midi is convienent but also for mapping it’s small so it fits and it’s nice to have the knobs for recording automation but otherwise it’s useless
the aroeggiator is nice to have as well some synths don’t ship with them
>>
How do I make musicians on discord like me without making myself groombait?

Completely serious question, I have no social skills
>>
>>86886925
To praraphrase the greatest man who ever lived, Idi Amin, if the referee is against you, the only way to have a guaranteed victory is to knock the other guy out.
>>
>>86887082
MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUTTT

idk what you mean by that
>>
>>86887224
It means you need to be so good at making music that they can't help but respect you.
Otherwise you'll rely on them liking you as a person, which, as I understand, is the obstacle you're facing.
>>
>>86887258
that's what I thought you meant but I didn't want you to mean

Jokes aside I just joined a server for this producer who I just got into and the only reason I did is they liked/reposted my track on soundcloud... so i'm *assuming* they fw me- I don't want to be too forward with "HEY COLLAB BROOO?" partially because it seems scummy, but also because there's a small little community of artists I like and I don't want to be that guy
>>
>>86887303
>I don't want to be too forward
Yeah don't do that, don't be annoying and also be useful to the server and people are going to like you, repost other people's stuff too and give good feedback, etc. Getting to collab is just like getting to have sex, if you can collab with a person then you could have sex with them.
>>
>>86887303
I'm a complete autist shut-in so take my words with a grain of salt, but I used to be an extreme zero-inhibition extrovert, and what I would ideally do (if I weren't a sperg) is to hang out and participate in "easy to interject in" conversations with something light, like a non-controversial opinion or joke, just to make your presence seen, and gradually lower your threshold for how interjectable the conversations are, until you're close enough that you can get into fights and whatnot.
Or you can just straight up make your entrance by asking a question that you know is going to start a discussion, but is also the kind of question that isn't weird to go to a community to ask. Something like "hi, I've been trying to <do x> for some time now but I always get <negative drawback>, does anyone know how to minimize <drawback> while maintaining <benefits>?".

Or an even easier (and IMO much better) way, just go with "hey I saw you liked my song and checked your stuff out, I really like <song title> and <song title>" and if you're not giant assholes (in which case I assume you don't want to be their friend) they're gonna respond positively and you can develop the conversation organically based on what they say.
Ultimately you're trying to develop a friendship, so act in a way that's conducive to that, and they'll probably reciprocate.
This isn't a job interview. It's all about the viiiibes maaaan
>>
illenium or illangelo?
>>
>>86887429
or illgates?
>>
File: Florida.jpg (50 KB, 640x640)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>86887429
The illest and the chillest
>>
>>86887408
>Getting to collab is just like getting to have sex, if you can collab with a person then you could have sex with them.
dead

it's extremely unfortunate that none of these people are as gay and degenerate as they're assumed to be :'(

>>86887425
>I used to be an extreme zero-inhibition extrovert
damn what happened?

>interjection
yeah that's pretty much what i'm doing now lol
hopefully eventually...

*This particular guy* actually seems like a bit of a dick when he chimes in and not all too sociable but i'll keep your advice in mind and I slither around, thanks
>>
>>86887495
>damn what happened?
became hikikomori

>*This particular guy* actually seems like a bit of a dick when he chimes in and not all too sociable but i'll keep your advice in mind and I slither around, thanks
Assholes have friends too. Join with an alt account and lurk for a bit to gather intel on what kind of interaction he tends to like, then with your real account make all the right moves to ingratiate him with fakeness.
Or just hang out the group and become friends with the others even if you don't actually interact with the guy who brought you in.
>>
File: 1531797984014.png (1.73 MB, 1080x1348)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
>>86887529
this is too much work i'm just going to bee myself and hope it works out
>>
>>86887565
Yep. The best way imo.
>>
Bump for Sylenth1
>>
maybe a dumb question but are the drum sounds used here from any recognizable machine/combination of drum machines? they sound very unique of that era i can picture a million 90s pop songs that have these drums. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTWEVl-XHLY
>>
>>86887460
illflo or illrida?
>>
>>86888413
i can hear roland 909 in it. kick, some hats. other samples i can't identify.
>>
>>86863106
anyone like volca?
>>
>>86888803
don't own any but I've always wanted the sampler model if someone were to like gift it to me. but i don't think i would ever spend money on one.
>>
>>86888803
They're a waste of fucking money but I can't help but get them. I ordered an FM2. Currently I own a Keys, Bass, Kick, Drum and the Mixer. The Drum is my favorite by far.
>>
>parametric equalization
>dynamic compression
>dynamic equalization
>multiband compression
>>
>>86889447
you forgot linear phase eq
>>
my left ear hears better than my right ear and idk how to feel about it but i'm leaning toward bad

also probably why I have trouble monitoring sometimes, I feel pretty stupid for not connecting that
>>
>>86889742
i have a janky pinky cause i sprained it really bad a while ago so playing piano isn't the full fledged experience it should be.

what im getting at is that sometimes we just have to deal with physical impairments. the bright side is that at least you can compensate for your disability a little bit.
>>
>>86889742
some producers have to keep a pair of shit headphones around to preview music on, to know how it'll sound to people with shit headphones.
you get that kinda benefit without extra hardware!
>>
>>86889799
maybe you should invest in a prosthetic??
Aren't you also MAD that we weren't born like 100 years later when small medical nuisances like this will hopefully be affordably taken care of in like an hour in a non-catastrophic climate?

I think it's more of a high-mid frequency loss thing than a volume thing though- i've also had trouble understanding people when they talk since I was a kid but that might just be unrelated autism

>>86889817
l0l
>>
>>86889834
well it's just bent weird and feels slightly numb in comparison to my healthy one. there are these oval-8 brand splints that straighten it though so your suggestion isnt invalid. it just overall doesnt respond with the same sensitivity.

am i mad about living in the current year? a little i guess. but at the same time im thankful for being alive at all so there's that cheesy solace.

and i feel a little sympathy for your impairment as it probably impacts just overall enjoyment of music. high-mid freqs are important especially when considering overtones. seems sorta like being slightly colorblind maybe if i understand what you're experiencing correctly.

>>86889834
>i've also had trouble understanding people when they talk since I was a kid
mmm the term aphasia comes to mind but may or may not apply. im not you and it may be an exaggeration of what you experience.
>>
>>86889427
Cool. I've quickly been obsessed collecting them lately and so far got the sample, keys, fm, modular, and nubass. Waiting on kick and another mixer to arrive in the mail. It's gonna be a wild party syncing them all together. https://vocaroo.com/1bDT1IVUTjRG
>>
>>86889916
I mean I was only half joking about current year lol.
*Of course* we're lucky to be alive at this time compared to all previous lmao, this is such minor stuff in the scheme of things; being able to make music at all is a privilege

My hearing loss luckily isn't that bad at all, and i'm just exaggerating for the sake of bitching, it's only something I notice when I *really* pay attention to headphones
>>
Bump
>>
What are some good compressor plugins for analog sound? I absolutely LOVED Goodhertz Faraday Limiter and Vulf Compressor but they're way too CPU intensive, only 1 instance consumes 10% of CPU that's way too much
>>
>>86891465
ArtsAcoustic CL1, but it’s buggy and abandonware
>>
Bump
>>
>>86880825
It's pretty fun yeah.
Keeps me from pulling a very expensive trigger on hardware modular.
>>
>>86883437
the Yamaha PSS-F30 sounds much better

https://youtu.be/prTOOZzArwg
>>
File: 1652199594837.gif (96 KB, 248x203)
96 KB
96 KB GIF
How do I write basslines and get girls like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDuOF2scsf0
>>
>>86893143
idk but should I replace my bass strings??
I haven't changed them since I got it and that was like 6 years ago lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PzS38LO-M

I haven't recorded it or tried doing french house in a long time but chopping up fucking with that sound seems like a good just-for-fun project
>>
>>86893143
getting girls like that is easy, just go to your local chinese massage parlor with 50 bucks more than the massage rate
>>
what midi controller has software that will allow me to map any input to any output?
i have a pedal that send program change msgs and i want to have those read as cc
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (43 KB, 900x900)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
WHEN ARE THE SPRING SALES
>>
>>86894706
based retard
>>
>>86895765
bome will do that with any controller. support bome and they wont ever die out! bome is teh best company to ever grace midi.
>>
i wish there was like... an automatic MIDI chord player that uses inversions. there's Live's chord effect but that wont dynamically apply inversions to get voice leading with as little motion in each voice as possible.

i think i'd need to have smarts that i dont have and write a Max effect that probably would require scripting that applies somensort of algorithm and i dunno how to write javascript or w/e language Max uses cause im a brainlet.
>>
File: polyendplay.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
head-on picture of the Polyend Play that's going to be announced at Superbooth tomorrow
>>
>>86895765
Pure Data
>>
>>86897099
>dynamically apply inversions to get voice leading with as little motion in each voice as possible
Just like I like the rhythm guitar played. I'm gonna patch this in pd, thanks for the idea.
>>
>>86897263
np dude. if you can patch it, you deserve it.
>>
>>86897395
Easy as [mod 12]
>>
Is it me or Image-Line respects their unofficial wine users?
I witnessed some bug report in a thread from a linux user and a new version with a fix was issued
>>
>>86863106
thinkin about the blackbox. any opinions people?
https://1010music.com/product/blackbox

The firmware updates made it super nice, but I am still chaffed by the idea that some instruments like an arpeggiator don't exist but I understand at the same time since it's all samples

>>86864201
>>86880115
>>86897158
oh shit, i have been waiting for a deluge replacement since deluge looks like such a gay hack and I dont like the tracker workflow for polyend tracker.
>>
>>86897452
im going to take that as a clue for what to patch. thanks for that if it's enough for anyone to get on the right path.
>>
it’s finally time for me to realize my destiny
>>
>>86897617
heh, enjoy. i personally went with the nektar pacer for USB class compliance but the behringer might be the superior device depending on application.
>>
>>86888638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9bps3a141E
>>
>>86897617
*sniffs ur feet*
you can step on me any time, big boy :)

>>86897580
blackbox looks cool
>>
>>86897678
unfortunately there are no additional expression jack’s and i didn’t want another usb device actually plus it’s $100 cheaper which is currently a factor although i’ll probably get a nektar in the future because it’s nice to have a few pedal boards depends on what direction i end up going in i guess
but regardless it’s fun to be a looper
>>
File: 1642283027580.jpg (4 KB, 249x157)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>86897839
>*sniffs ur feet*
>you can step on me any time, big boy :)
>>
File: IMG_20220511_211129.jpg (3.53 MB, 2610x2498)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB JPG
PLEASE tell me there's a way to make the Ableton browser search display shit you're searching for directly instead of just showing you the uppermost folder.
>>
>>86898136
i dont have any way to interface with 5pin midi in my setup so thats why in my case i either had to eat the price difference or get an interface with midi to accept it.

i forgot the expandability of the fcb1010 is a little limited. and yeah man, looping is awesome. i also use it to just transpose and change keys so i dont have to change fingerings because i prefer certain keys over others.
>>
>>86897588
Cant you just brute force it? I mean you know a key k of a pitch p-1 is the same distance to k with p as k with p + 1
so you can just take each permutation of the notes in y and sum the distance of each note to each and every note in the first chord and then pick the one with shortest distance.
>>
>>86898414
ahahahahahahahahahaha
>>86898491
who doesn’t? c# is toxic, eb and d have hairpins, fuck gb though B is based
a and e aren’t too bad but inconvienent,
G C F Bb are based
ab is a bitch but deserves special mention, parallel 7ths feel good on this one for me, and when it comes to contrary 10ths in a baroque style, for me it’s c minor
>>
>>86898563
you're assuming im of average intelligence but im severely below...
im gonna need some time to digest your permutation suggestion. i was trying to use modulo like >>86897452 suggested and came up with inversions that just put the note closest to C in the bass.

so this was my implentation of modulo 12 just to show that i am actually trying to think about this stuff:
i take the incoming midi note, add/subtract the transposition, take that number and modulo 12 it, and add that number to the closest C to the incoming midi note, giving me the a useful chord but not exactly my original goal

so if i want a Gmaj7 inversion with the member closest to C in the bass (D) i apply that formula for every chord member.
43 = 43
(43 + 4) mod 12 = 11
(43 + 7) mod 12 = 2
(43 + 11) mod 12 = 6

43 = MIDI note 43 = G
36 + 11 = 47 = Maj3rd above G
36 + 2 = 38 = Perf4th below G
36 + 6 = 42 = min2nd below G

yeah... just thinking out loud here to show that im trying.

im really trying to rub my brain cells together here and i hope permutations are the path if i cant somehow use a modulo operation. hope im not embarassing myself.
>>
>>86898827
I think you can probably show that a greedy algorithm will work, for each key, pitch -1, 0, +1, in y just pick the one that is closest to some note in x, so you don't have to consider all permutations.
>>
>>86898827
>D is closer to C than B
>>
>>86898827
schizo here but like mod12 table and then use like say 0,4,7 for major and then frame shift this say
and then like to answer say C to G closest would be 047 to 11,2,7 so you give it the target from C to G and it responds
individual operations would have to be like for each chord movement so a V-1 would be +11,-2,0
i guess the subtraction would be your mod
>>
>>86898873
i knew i was embarassing myself haha. oh well.

>>86898857
dude, you're speaking latin to me. im feeling so dumb. but if you are providing the keys to open the door to the solution, im going to thank you in advance for when it clicks.

my current thinking now is that wouldnt the patch need to keep a cache of previously played chords that the patch spit out? totally unrelated to your algorithm but thats where my brain is at now.
>>
I've been using FL Studio for making Dnb for 2 years now and I find it horrible, with terrible workflow. Should i switch?
>>
we have any ideas for a communal file share? surely we can come up with a way that won’t be so easily compromised while also being fast and easy?
we could have requirements for midi files
>>86899002
i use ableton and at a certain point of complexity it becomes very unwieldy i’m either experienced or inexperienced and i think you may be finding the same as me that these daws can be hard to work with and there is no solution but to be more relaxed
>>
File: math.png (566 KB, 960x540)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
>>86898938
picrel is how im feeling. i appreciate the further help though.
>>
>>86898827
You have to substract 1-11 before the mod and add it back after to choose which note will be at the center of the chord.
>>
this covers everything you will ever need for music making
>>
File: 1586990136444.jpg (211 KB, 941x1080)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>86863253
I bought all 4
>>
>>86863253
Where is Renoise
>>
>>86899002
You could take the Tracker pill and use Renoise but then you might accidentally make breakcore.
>>
File: 1641677672360.png (366 KB, 750x500)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>86899683
Mutated beyond belief
>>
File: 1530465009481.jpg (74 KB, 708x720)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
maybe...
MAYBE

... we should bring back nu-metal! O:
>>
>>86863333
>or slice up bits where they fuck up and try again
Yes combining the best bits is called comping
>>
>>86900044
bring back eurodance
>>
>>86900176
no way bro dancing is for fags I want to be in a pit getting physical with a bunch of sweaty dudes twice my size
>>
>>86900277
which size are we talking?
>>
>>86900044
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T6PXX7X2ro
:^)
>>
>>86900044
I don't care what anyone else says, there's a certain energy bands like Korn, Coal Chamber, Mudvayne, etc had in the 90s when they were live on stage that's completely unmatched by any other genre.
Those live performances were an hour long cardio session for them.
>>
>>86900296
height and weight you silly goose i'm not tryna take no foot+ dicks

>>86900308
>SOMETHING TAKES A PAAAAART OF ME
hm...

i'm both weirded out and really glad that shit like Deftones is getting popular with kids again
>>
>>86900337
Shit I believe it

got to see deftones live 5~ years ago and it was definitely one off the best concerts i've been to- can't imagine what it would have been like back when that sound was fresh and people were all pissy
>>
>>86900376
I also saw Deftones in 2012 at the start of their Koi no Yokan tour. They were great, the crowd was awesome as well.
Pretty sure Chino's voice is absolutely fried at this point, but damn if he still doesn't try.
>>
>>86899400
i hate to ask for a spoonfeed but can i trouble you to put what you're saying in a formula?

so if i were to input midi note 55 and ask for it to give me... i dont even know what!
because at this point im spinning in circles trying to think about what i even want out of the patch. is this a dead end trying to center transpositions around inputted notes? e.g. if you ask for a 5th (operation of +7) does it just always add +(-5) inverting your asking of a 5th above to a 4th below? it's kind of limited use then because it's just going to give me chords built as close to the inputted note as possible.

what i think i want instead is like... okay i want all major chords built on inputted single notes BUT for each new chord have its chord members built as close as possible to the cache of notes last played.
so if i want all 3rds and 5ths above inputted notes and want a I -> IV -> V it would go like...
1. input note midi note# 55 for the I chord in G major
2. notes 59 and 50 simultaneously appear in addition to your inputted 55
3. input note 48 for the IV chord
4. notes 55 and 52 simultaneously appear in adition to the inputted 48.
5. input note 50
6. notes 57 and 54 appear
i may have made a mistake somewhere in my voice leading but does this outline the patch goal clearly enough? is this even useful?

ahhh im so stupid. idk. im spinning my wheels feeling like im making this really complicated when its not
>>
>>86900337
Korn was awesome, funky grooves and sledge hooks worked so well together
>>
File: patch.png (16 KB, 310x458)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Not sure how useful it is to you guys, since it doesn't take into account anything about voice leading, but I tried making a patch that:
>finds the lowest note in a chord
>finds the distance between each note in the chord and the lowest
>if the distance is higher than the parameter in the [MaxDistance] dial (by default 12 semitones), it shifts it down by the number of semitones in MaxDistance
>if the distance is over a multiple of MaxDistance, it shifts it down by a multiple of MaxDistance, so if it's set to 12, you always stay in the same octave range.

The expression is:
a - ((c * ((a - b) / c)) * (a > b))
In Max:
[expr $i1 - (($i3 * (($i1 - $i2) / $i3)) * ($i1 > $i2))]
Just know that if MaxDistance isn't set to 12, it will shift to notes outside of your key, so if you do that, put a Scale device after it.

If you want it to only shift down by octaves even when MaxDistance is set to something less than 12:
a - ((12 * ((a - b) / c)) * (a > b))
In Max:
[expr $i1 - ((12 * (($i1 - $i2) / $i3)) * ($i1 > $i2))]
Just know that with this version, if MaxDistance is less than 12, the higher a note is compared to the lowest in the chord, the more octaves it will be shifted down, so it can go much lower than the desired range.

Unfortunately there's some bug with note-offs that I can't be bothered to fix, but I hope at least some part of this is useful to you.
https://we [DOT] tl/t-knwBc6YS2k
>>
>>86900943
Forgot to mention that the Threshold parameter is just the interval of time within which it detects incoming midi notes as chords.
Since there is no such thing as simultaneous notes in MIDI (they're always in sequence), to compare them and see which one's the lowest I need to group them first with the [quickthresh] object, and that knob tells it how close they need to be to be considered a chord.
>>
>>86874908
The results are in.
The 5th album will have artist names when specified, and "Anonymous" for songs without an artist.
>>
now back to the important things, like FM ratios, trap hats, and not playing instruments <3

https://vocaroo.com/1cg2GEgF6pzs
>>
>>86901047
imagine the name calling drama afterwords
>>
>>86901047
holy shit I can't believe anonymous lost

4channel really is kill
>>
>>86901067
Why?
>>
>>86900943
interesting... definitely learning from what you've done here. for starters i had no idea unpack could handle lists with more than two items haha. as you can tell from that, i have a lot to learn. im currently trying to use expr in my own patch rn on the voice leading front.

thanks for sharing, dude.

>>86900993
yeah i was weirdly using [cycle] for multiple note detection but it's not the most efficient way
>>
>>86901105
Glad you found it helpful.
I also forgot to mention that in the expression in the first post I forgot to say that:
a ($i1) is the input note
b ($i2) is the lowest note
c ($i3) is the MaxDistance value (in semitones)
Should be obvious if you're a Max user, but it's worth saying for everyone else (even though I'm not sure it would work elsewhere)
>>
okay I want to finish mixing my songs and then put them on spotify so I can be a musician for really now

how? what distributor in current year or are they all the same?
>>
>>86901067
>>86901071
>thinking people are going to use their actual artist names and forever be associated w/ 4chin
>>
>>86901391
it's not about anybody doing that and this general is too small for it to matter, it's about the ethos of the website and being an attention whore
>>
>>86901415
Most people who complained about everyone being Anonymous said that they wanted to put a joke artist name that went with the song, not that they wanted to use their artist name for clout or whatever.
>>
>>86901449
Well I have no dog in this race and I don't care either way since I don't participate and haven't listened since the first album, it's just one opinion
>>
>>86901466
This is all an ongoing experiment and we're learning as we do it.
If allowing artist names turns out to be a bad idea we can always stop doing it for the following albums.
>>
me and my modular :^)

https://vocaroo.com/1bPP8roPPAMP
>>
>>86901749
What kind of modular?
>>
>>86901757
the kind that's actually stock ableton effects

idk it made me laugh while messing around just because it's the exact kind of thing I imagine somebody who's "into sound design" would tinker with and think they're amazing for doing on hardware even though it's just stacked filters and delays
>>
>>86901862
I'm sure a big chunk of the sounds we consider cool would lose their mystique if we could see what they're actually made of.
>>
>>86901908
that's true

when I first started trying to demystify I always thought of it like enchanting in skyrim where to learn an enchantment you have to destroy the magic thing :'(
>>
>>86900817
Fieldy's sloppy bass and the loose strings gave their sound some unique feel.
>>
>>86900308
Sounds like Monsoon by Tokio Hotel kek
>>
File: 1652012117720.png (230 KB, 1000x1000)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>86863106
I'm looking to get big into making my own music.

Can someone here help me get FL Studio or some alternative that's really good? I don't got an Apple device so no garage band.

Also I use Windows and I've got 32gb of ram in my rig so I think I'll be good.
>>
>>86903030
32 gigs is too little for music. a full song of instrument libraries made out of hundreds of lossless samples each will add up to more than 32gb FAST
>>
>>86903030
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6140168
>>
>>86903057
stahp
>>
File: 1652146852581.png (41 KB, 128x128)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>86903057
Really? Fuck my nigga makes music on a Chromebook with 8gb of ram on FL Studio

I still have two ram slots. I have 2 8gb sticks would 48gb be okay or should I invest to get a full 64gb of ram?

Also computers back than didn't have that much ram. How tf did people produce beats and music or is it all just poorly optimized now?
>>
>>86903098
NTA but only after I made the upgrade from 32 to 64 I can say I'm comfortable
48 is borderline
>>
File: 1651005604759.png (63 KB, 316x371)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>86903070
This is 100% safe right?
>>
>>86903098
They had to commit everything to audio and use the render instead of the active instrument and effects
>>
>>86903128
>piracy
>100% safe
stop being retarded, look at how they moderate the audio section and decide for yourself if (you) want to take the risk
>>
adorama sent me a defective used unit ahhhh
>>
>>86903278
lel
>>
File: lmao.png (275 KB, 1366x768)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
finally achieving my loudness goals :]
>>
>>86903364
Nice. How much is it in LUFS?
>>
>>86897617
>destiny
fuck bros i finally get a pedal, used from adorama "untested but powers" and it doesnt save, and i guess it uses some huge sysex dump and it looksing like my midi interface botches it up all bad fug
>>
>>86903486
- 0.6 on max oversampling lmao
but i'm joking this sounds like shit

achieving this is at the top of my sidequest list ;___;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXY-ZQdKJg
>>
>>86903030

You can make music on 3 gigs of RAM but your options will be fewer, back in the day people didn't use giant multi-sample libraries and CPU hog VST's. 32gig might start to sweaty if you want to write orchestral trailer music, but people are mainly lazy nowadays and want 64+ gigs to not have to worry about track count or freeze audio tracks

I made entire albums on an EeePC with 1gig of ram in 2010, but that was when freezing tracks started getting popular and nobody outside of Hollywood cared about big sample libraries. Windows XP was also a breeze to make music on, some producers still use it with a computer never connected to the internet. Optimization is important and some modern computer builds still have issues with latency

FL Studio or Ableton is fine, look up free VST synths and FX and don't bloat your folders with pirated software. grab some free drum sample packs and just start tinkering
>>
>>86903538
have you tried running limitless into pro L?
>>
>>86900566
Yeah, I'm sorry, my patching style is trial and error and I was wrong. What you can do with modulo is keeping notes inside a given octave. But this octave has to start somewhere that you have to choose.
1/ choose the lowest pitch of this octave
2/ substract it from all your input notes
3/ mod those notes
4/ add the lowest back
5/ see if it fits your needs, if not: back to 1/
The boundaries of this octave will make the inversions for you via modulo.
>>
>>86903538

Stuff like that is mainly about keeping everything as dry and squarewave-like as possible

Clipping then stacking limiters is fine for most purposes, if you're having loudness problems it's usually a mix issue and not master chain.
>>
>>86904281
I don’t have limitless nah

>>86904345
Managing dynamics all the way through

Loudness really isn’t an issue for me these days. Whenever I try to make stuff like this I always try to skip to the end and fall on my face though lmao :(
>>
>>86904335
>What you can do with modulo is keeping notes inside a given octave
i kinda see that now.

>But this octave has to start somewhere that you have to choose.
yeah im feeling lazy now but earlier i was trying to get something working where the last inputted note was that "somewhere that you have to choose". this way you could have a patch where you can play your controller with octave displacement but the sounding notes will all move with little motion. but i gave up at the point where i couldn't get it to cut notes off... it was jumping octaves... idk it just wouldnt work well but the pitches were correct as in every A produced a different A.

if you're using Max i found this handy modulo object someone else wrote because AFAIK Max doesn't have mod like PD does. so if anyone here was trying this stuff and didn't find a modulo method just make an object this vexpr object:

>vexpr ((($i1-($i2<0))%$i2)+abs($i2))%$i2 @scalarmode 1
and set the right inlet with the number to mod by and usually the left inlet would be the note you're working with.

i think i get your method but patching it is another story as im done for now on this stuff.
>>
very loud and 808-less bump

https://vocaroo.com/1aC5NwKtsp5K
>>
>>86900044
I'm mad that I would look up "tips on metal guitar" and its always nu-metal sound. I dont want that I want Metallica or Anthrax sound
>>
>>86905921
Wym just do the opposite of scoop bro lol?
>>
>>86905958
I'm a guitar newfag I'm not sure what you mean anon.
>>
>>86905974
Okay sorry for joking then
It’s kind of a running trope/joke for modern metal bands to scoop the mids and have more low end/low tunings I’m their tones whereas old thrash etc has a much smaller mid-heavy sound.
I’m absolutely not an expert (*very* casual guitar player lately) but as far as impulse responses the more modern bands I listen to tend to use mesa-rectifier/Marshall 1960 whatever cabs so I go for those, whereas .... I don’t know what old bands used; I’d assume Marshall/peavey 5150 and more diverse stuff but I don’t actually know
>>
>>86904502
Max does have a standalone modulo object. It's [%].
>>
>>86906015
Thrash metal started the mid scooping meme, but it's fairly clean gain and doesn't add all the djent frills. Thrash is mostly double or multitracked scooped palm muting through a peavey 5150 or Marshall jc800, maybe a tube screamer or chorus pedal in places
>>
Good morning /g/

how is everyone doing today? never participated in this gen before, I never participated in >>>mu/prod until I recently. it's bad for my ego to post or lurk there though and I dont wanna keep dunkin on losers.

anybody else /nebula4/crew here? n4 and the dsp56300 emu made me lose like 3 months of my life dicking around.

also, just found some cool shit on youtube 20 min ago.... crazy shit is being done with koala sampler, the state of ios music production is pretty wild. just tried it with an mpd18 and was quite impressed. was gonna post on /mu/ but they probably would get mad cus it isn't a DDL for a .zip of midi progressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLuwKKbtzyA
>>
>>86906920
>anybody else /nebula4/crew here?

I used nebula 3 for a while, there was a compressor I don't recall the name of that just blew me away, hadn't heard anything like that from software before. I didn't vibe with the CPU draw, bugs and general obtuseness of the stuff so I eventually abandoned it in favor of hardware and cloud processing. Nowadays there are also more plugins that sound about as good as nebula

my experience of ipad music production was paying a lot for a device whose battery will be dead in 5 years, and the environment is painfully limited and messy with midi/io, file handling etc.
>>
>>86906351
thats funny because i thought there was only [%~]. shows how in the cloud my head is. i searched the reference for modulo and only found that signal modulo but you're right, [%] was in plain sight the whole time.

the whole discussion was over my head but the forum where i got that modulo vexpr from described there being different types of modulo math or something. there's like a Euclidean modulo method and truncated division. i think what i posted was euclidean and [%] is truncated but i dont know as again, the discussion was over my head. i was just script kiddie copy and pasting.
>>
>>86907081
You don't really need modulo for this.
In my expression here >>86900943 I wrapped octaved without it and IMO it works much more elegantly.
Since MIDI notes are all integers, any division will just disregard the remainder, effectively doing the opposite of what a modulo does.
You can get that number and multiply it by 12 to get the number of semitones to shift the note by.
The part that does
>($i1 - $i2) / $i3)
Means:
>input note minus lowest note (gives you the distance in semitones)
>divided by the maximum distance you set (12 or whatever)
Now you have how many octaves (or multiples of the max distance, in case it's not 12) up it is, so you multiply by 12 (or by the max distance parameter) to get how many semitones you want it to go down.
This whole thing is then multiplied by:
>($i1 > $i2)
which is a boolean that returns 1 if the input note is bigger than the lowest note, and 0 if it's not.
So if the note is bigger than the lowest, it shifts it by the number calculated above then multiplies it by 1 (effectively allowing it to go through), and if it's the same or smaller than the lowest note, it shifts it by the number multiplied by zero (so it effectively shifts it by zero, which basically turns off the entire thing if the input note isn't bigger than the lowest note).
Even if you decided to make something that takes voice leading rules into account, this is still a better way to implement the wrapping part than using modulo, because it does the whole calculation for how many semitones you need to shift the input note in one single move.

But I think this whole approach isn't the best for the user's perspective, because it establishes a new range for each chord, so if the lowest note is significantly higher than the previous chord's lowest note, it will still make a big jump.
I think a device that lets you set a center note and a range of notes above and below it allows, would work much better, as it would wrap all the chords to the same range.
>>
>>86907055
>ipad music production
how long ago? I can't imagine considering an iPad to be a feasible replacement for a daw in any way, but idk. I like being able to kill time when i'm out and about by sketching out ideas. koala is good for that, but im realizing that not all ios production is really a walled garden. Just interesting to see new workflows, and lately I've been very into restricting my toolset. I use live BTW and I just can't seem to get shit finished lately, and the amount of options is part of it. Anyway, koala isn't that good, im getting an og sp404 today :^)
>>
>>86907243
i just assumed that since i wanted to deal with two notes (incoming one and last one) it would have taken more than copy and pasting for me to use your method lol. i guess i could have just used zl sort to figure out which of those two were the bass though but i have a short attn span and didnt.
and when you wrote that it didnt take into account voice leading earlier i also assumed it was a non-starter for my purposes and i glossed over your expression's utility. but since you say
>Even if you decided to make something that takes voice leading rules into account, this is still a better way
i'm trying to come to terms with it.

yesterday i did glance at it and was confused when you wrote the boolean because i had no idea what a boolean was. i sort of just hit mild confusion and went back to trying modulo. i didnt know the boolean would spit out a binary number but now i understand it at a shallow level.

>so if the lowest note is significantly higher than the previous chord's lowest note, it will still make a big jump.
i see. i had the same problem with trying to force modulo to work anyway.

im glad you're engaging with this topic though, makes me feel like im going to be able to get a patch of use out of it all just by casually thinking around the topic hopefully.
>>
>>86907497
Godspeed my friend.
I don't think you're as dumb as you seem to think. You're just inexperienced so you're not used to this sort of thinking.
Keep at it and it will become easier and easier, even if now it seems like something you have to be innately smart for.
>>
>>86907055
you're a man of great culture, btw. Nebula 3 was a shitshow from what i've heard. Obv anything acustica makes is basically retarded and clunky and feels 3rd worldy, but I'll be honest, i use nebula and 3rd party libs in every stage of production for myself and recording others. Sound design, gain staging, panning, console emulation, distortion, harmonic enhancement, space and ambiance, I sum in nebula half the time. I do all my work on a base macbook pro 13, first m1, 8gb ram and 256. I loosely follow a traditional analog recording workflow, and man. I wish I could move all to hardware but i dont make a ton of money yet, no neetbux, and mentally ill af. However, I've owned some pretty top hardware before, and i've spent a lot of time in studios with racks that would make anybody who's into engineering cum.

>Nowadays there are also more plugins that sound about as good as nebula
did you use third party libraries at all? I'm on top of getting ITB results that are indistinguishable man, its an addiction to me, it's a serious problem in my life. But, i can tell you that fucking nothing holds a candle, and very ew things come even within the same realm of nebula 4 with Tim Petherick, Cupwise, and alexB libraries. Plus azzimov's skins?? ooooof. I hate the damn plugin, fuck the company, but i look at it as a worthwhile price to pay for the sheer results you can achieve ITB with those devs libraries. The only possible comparison to nebula I've touched or found is external DSPing expansions, like UAD, apogee, etc. But, with audiogridder? shit man, a mac mini c2d from 08 or 09 has me able to run 2-10 or so instances of nebula per track on 12 track projects. no freezing, no dropout, never above 75% cpu, no bouncing tracks. idk, sorry im autistic and passionate about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9603MvS9Mk is a TLA-100 vs tim petherick's sampling of one. It's the only comparison between hardware I can find, everything else is cloud vs neb.
>>
>>86907541
ty for the encouraging words, dude. and yeah maybe i am being pessimistic about it all falsely believing a lack innate ability is too crippling. but the desire for automating a process i usually have to pause to think about keeps me at it whenever i get bored with other aspects of music.
>>
what's the most popular and most used DAW on /g/
>>
new thread:
>>86907673
>>86907673
>>86907673
>>
>>86907629
Cakewalk
>>
File: bitwig.png (68 KB, 1000x1000)
68 KB
68 KB PNG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.