[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613566629400.jpg (12 KB, 419x280)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Why is the US using that awful plugs? The european plug is literally superior
>>
>>85233282
They can be a massive pain in the ass to pull out. I know what's the point, but a lot of them go too far with it.
>>
>>85233322
I thought bri'ish plugs were praised for being a massive pain under your foot and to pull out
>>
>>85233676
Never used a bong plug, but the one in OP's pic can pull some wall sockets out if you don't hold them down. There's the smaller less grippy version but that doesn't have ground from what I understand, so it's not suitable for anything that requires serious juice
>>
>>85233710
the british plugs are good but are overkill for most of the shit that they use.
>>
File: CH-T23_socket-plug.jpg (14 KB, 404x200)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>85233282
best plug is swiss plug

>10A with smaller pins or same 16A as Schuko and Brit plugs
>almost as compact as an Europlug
>much less painful to step on
>>
>>85233733
That actually looks pretty nice. Another point to switzerland in the ranking of "countries I most want to move to in case my one goes to shit"
>>
Plug threads are the worst threads on /g/
>muh bong plugs stronk
>seething nigels hospitalized after standing on a plug
>earth pins are for faggots and women
>science has STILL not found a reason for anyone to need more than 120v
>i am a le canadian, when i need la boiling water i just start a campfire, what is thees "kettle" you speak of?
>imagine being an american and having your clothes stolen from a laundromat because you couldn't run a washing machine without the house burning down
>imagine being a euro and dying because TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY VOLTS jumped out of your socket and zapped you to death
>just wear shoes you fucking nonces i stand on plugs every day and i still have most of my toes left
>OH NO NO NO EVERY PLUG IN BRI'AIN NEEDS A FUSE BECAUSE OF RING CIRCUITS EVERYONE LAUGH
>wtf is japan doing
>imagine thinking electricity flows in wires lol, you dumb faggots, you ridiculous fools
>>
>chinkstralian plug is le spooky face
>>
>>85233322
>They can be a massive pain in the ass to pull out.
Some sockets are purposely designed to be very hard to pull out.
They are meant for server racks and such, but people also use them in other places because they tend to look nicer.

Sockets meant for normal use should all be quite easy to unplug.
>>
>>85233826
AHHHHHH
>>
>>85233869
I dunno man, several sockets I see are partially hanging out because people pulled the plugs put without holding them down and partially pulled the screws out of the wall.
>>
>>85233803
>e-celeb threads
>shit's exploding on twitter rn
>muh tranny
>muh brave
>muh applel m1
>itoddlers btfo
>23746111153th distro flamewar thread
>muh cnile
>rusttranny
>muh crt
>let me guess. you need more
>OH NO WE GOT TOO COCKY
>cuck license
>suckless shitposting thread
>muh gonooo/loonix
Are you sure, anon?
>>
File: _pdp_sq_.jpg (31 KB, 500x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>85233826
WAAAAAZAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>85233282
What I really don't understand is:
Why don't Americans combine two 110V phases into a single 220V phase?
It should be very simple to do and make switching over to a new socket pretty easy as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwWaIvIeao
>>
>>85233923
that's literally how the US wires up things like clothes dryers, electric stoves, and air conditioning systems
>>
>>85233930
Making it even easier to do a full upgrade.
>>
>>85233322
non-problem, just wiggle it a bit
>>
>>85233974
What would justify that cost?

99.95 perfect of people here wouldn't give a shit.

The only practical benefit people would care about is larger electric heaters, but that's probably not something people should be striving for.
>>
>>85233733
>>85233826
>>85233725
>Claiming these plugs are good
These plugs SUCK, idiots. You can't plug them upside down, unlike superior EU plug. I never had to mess around with an euro plug
>>
>>85234250
>What would justify that cost?
Not having to live like a 3rd world peasant.
>>
>>85234280
euro plugs are shit
>>
File: 1642262494577.jpg (30 KB, 750x750)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
MAMMA MIA LA SPINA
>>
>>85234421
This and schuckos are shit!!!
>>
>>85234280
But you don't NEED to plug them upside down, since the molded body isn't as huge as CEE 7 and Brit plugs and doesn't protrude over the side of the socket.
>>
>>85234288
some 3rd world peasants use UK plugs tho
>>
US plug just werks
>>
>>85233282
Better question: why don't we also have 12VDC outlets? So many goddamned wallwarts for no reason
>>
>>85233733
The best of all that this almost became mandatory EU standard. It also has 3 phase connectors which would fit in schuko space and 2 of these fit in a standard schuko space.

Consoomers were deemed too stupid to have plugs on their shit replaced.

Was this axed due to some german-french conflict like what happens with railroads?
>>
>>85236640
Because losing couple volts over the wiring is terrible for 12V and nothing for 230. Also 12V devices generally more picky about power stability, and you can't achieve that with the shared bus.
>>
>>85233803
>Imagine thinking electricity flows in wires lol

Well boys we found the veratasium fag
>>
>>85237067
>Because losing couple volts over the wiring is terrible for 12V
Simple, 12V AC wiring with rectifiers at the outlets
>the rest
Understandable
>>
>>85237098
>Simple, 12V AC wiring with rectifiers at the outlets
You retarded? You think AC is immune to ohm's law or something?
>>
>>85237134
No, you mong. I just thought you were talking about the voltage drop from DC transmission. You know, the whole reason we use AC power in the first place.
>>
>>85237145
You don't know shit about electricity. Bye.
>>
>>85237179
Suck my left nut
>>
>>85234421
>>85233282
In Italy there’s like 3 or four standards I can never figure out and just try at random. There’s three prong, two prong, two-prong compatible three prong, two-prong non-compatible three prong, and smaller two prong not compatible with other two prong. Idk what is even supposed to be the actual standard.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.