[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: c.png (1.47 MB, 785x784)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
anyone with Ipod classic/Rockbox experience?

looking for links. dunno how to put apps like cbr and og ipod games as well as hb

also better places or guides on what cases to get with what fat battery and sd card adaptors.

and what mods can be done other than battery/ssd and bluetooth?
>>
god damn nigger use a fucking search engine and your own judgements
>>
>>85227876
Legit question.
Any reason to fuck with these outside of 2000s nostalgia and tinkering?

Can't imagine old ipods having merit over a modern personal music player outside of "I already had it"
>>
>>85227964
SOVL mostly.

Also fuck off battery life and not having to run a full OS like android or chinkshit is a plus. The only really annoying thing is the proprietary connectors, everything else is just like a modern pmp.
>>
ipod 5.5th gen with rockbox is peak comfy. battery lasts literally a week
>>
>>85227876
I never needed my personal music collection on demand at any moment, outside home.
>>
>>85227876
I have the little blue one there in the front. It has worked well for me for 15 years now. I use it every day and it still mostly works. Sometimes when I drop it, the screen goes white and I have to navigate the menus by memorizing and counting the number of clicks to get to the right playlist or podcast. The screen eventually starts working again after a couple weeks or months, so it's not that big of a problem.

>>85227964
>Can't imagine old ipods having merit over a modern personal music player outside of "I already had it"
Why would I ever buy a new one when I already have one?

>>85227977
>battery life and not having to run a full OS like android or chinkshit is a plus.
I've had mine for 15 years now, use it like every day, and a single charge still lasts for days to weeks.
>>
>>85228002
Because you never leave
>>
idk how to torrent and tpb is down/blocked for me now even with vpn

i dont wanna get music off youtube. anyone got suggestions?
>>
File: DAP History.jpg (3.15 MB, 3740x1189)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
>>85227876
Is there not enough info on the Rockbox.org forums?
>>
>>85228019
noice. My 4-button ipod battery and drive crapped out, but replacements are in the mail, so gonna revive it this weekend.
>>
>>85227876
I tried to mod my Classic
It went horribly wrong. One of my biggest DIY fuckups.
I did get rockbox on it though.
>>
>>85228325
True.
>>
For me, it's ipodwizard and modded stock firmware (5G/5.5G). Theming scene was impressive.
>>
>>85228325
I also can never leave my home because I do not own an iPod with Rockbox. I feel like a prisoner in my own house. One day I will escape with my Rockbox.
>>
>>85227876
I have a 7th gen 160gb but I use it with stock firmware but I genuinely like itunes and use it with my iphone anyways. I actually hardly use it, airpods sound quality is good enough for me, but it’s fun to show people
>>
File: ipod.jpg (1.32 MB, 2734x3112)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>85227876
>looking for links. dunno how to put apps like cbr and og ipod games as well as hb
What does "cbr og hb" mean? Are you illiterate?
>also better places or guides on what cases to get with what fat battery and sd card adaptors.
Use iFlash adapters.
>and what mods can be done other than battery/ssd and bluetooth?
Clear face plate.
>>
>>85227876
>and what mods can be done other than battery/ssd and bluetooth?
Only other one I can think of is adding better caps for the amp
>>
>>85229052
>ipodwizard
>What does "cbr og hb" mean? Are you illiterate?
Comic book reader

or any other hb (Homebrew)

i don't know how to put on apple apps and i want to use itunes alternatives. looking into foobar and WinX MediaTrans
>>
are there trippy visualizers for the ipod with rockbox or otherwise?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.