[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This shithole of a website needs to die alteady. What used to be a convienent website for finding obscure items in the 2000s has turned into a scalping hellhole with virtually no oversight or limit (besides darknet commodities).
>muh free market
Has completely failed here. Instead of reasonable prices for goods, you have stupid fucks selling toilet paper, hand sanitizer, gpus, and ps5s for insane prices because they’re able to starve the stores they scalp from due to the pandemic. It used to be easy to ignore such listings but now it’s turned into a game of beat the scalper or else you buy from him on ebay. I’m really surprised major retailers aren’t more upset at this.
>but another will pop up
Then force it off Google and Bing so normies are forced to go old school with craigslist and flea markets.
>>
>scalping bad
Scalping is inevitable. Companies just need to rise prises high enough to kill scalpers
>>
>>85227663
I find it ironic that they want to strongly control digital media (which hurts no one) but when it comes to physical merchandise they do fuck all (which hurts everyone).
>>
>>85227706
Are you talking about price controls? That will never happen. If a company sells a good that's valued to the market at $1500 for only $699 that good will be intensely out of stock everywhere and scalpers will buy it first to resell at $1500. Simple supply and demand
>>
>>85227756
Supply control
Stop people from reselling easily
If I’m not allowed to sell a Sony licensed song on the Internet, why am I able to sell their ps5 internationally?
>>
>>85227629
>>muh free market
>Has completely failed here.
what else would you expect from Le Electronic Bay
>>
>>85227629
the main reason I don't use it is all that shit about the expectation of feedback desu. Go on Amazon and you can just buy something, click the button, and that's it, it'll show up on your door in a few days. you don't need to worry about rating sellers or being rated yourself. nobody will refuse to deal with you for not having a certain number of upboats. nobody gives a shit so long as the payment clears, like it should be.
>>
>>85227706
doesnt hurt me
>>
>>85227836
Just wait until there is something you really want to buy but can’t because the scalpers already raided your local stores as soon as they opened.
>>
>gamers find out about insulin scalpers (the insurance industry)
ive been eagerly awaiting that thread
>>
>>85227871
ok but im simply not going to wait for that since i dont want it happening to me
>>
>>85227885
Yeah that is bullshit. Everything medical related in the US is fucked. Insulin is screwed by big time scalping.
But because of blue vs red politics, you can’t even talk about free healthcare without being called a libtard.
>>
>>85227629
Scalpers exist because retards with no self control or simply more money than brains buy from them.
>>
>>85227915
Unironically this. If you buy from scalpers then you are part of the problem.
>>
>>85227910
blue maga is The fucking worst
>>85227915
how are the people who buy from scalpers brainless? they are actually participating in the most highly-efficient scheme of video card resource allocation.
>>
>>85227915
They always did, but it’s coming to a point that it’s hurting everyone and not just enthusiasts looking for collectors items.
>>
>>85227910
>"""free"""
if someone gets it, someone pays for it, it's only a matter of who. Calling it "free" is disingenuous at best and actively deceptive at worst.
>>
>>85227952
do you think medicine is made out of money? is food made of money too?
>>
>>85227960
Money is just quantifying how much stuff is worth to people, so you don't have to go trade a basket of tomatoes to Farmer Bob for two of his chickens, you can just pay him currency instead. Which is more convenient both to you and to him. Food and medicine are worth something, so either you, or someone acting on your behalf, are going to have to give up something of value to get it. There's no way around that until you invent replicators from Star Trek.
>>
>>85227952
>buy insurance policy
>but nothing happens to you
the insurance company would need to return all your money in that case, right? after all, you did pay them but they provided you nothing in return— isnt that right?

many such examples.
>>
>>85227952
Free as in the collective tax paying population funds a healthcare system that lets them get the services they need without paying tens of thousands for an ambulance ride.
It’s like not needing to pay money everytime you drive on a road that is being maintained it expanded. Your taxes already covered the cost of that road.
>>
LMAO poor GAYmer can't play his GAYmes? LMAO GET A REAL HOBBY YOU STUPID NIGGER AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>85228006
shut it, goy. that money needs to go to building my new synagogue.
>>
>>85228006
That isn't free at all. It's actually very expensive, you're just proposing to meet that expense by stealing money from people at the point of a bayonet, is all.
>>
>>85227998
>There's no way around that until you invent replicators from Star Trek.
already did, theyre called Automated Manufacturing Processes
>>
>>85228038
i was going to propose something more level-headed but that sounds more based
>>
>>85228043
And there's an unlimited number of such automated factories, right? With an unlimited amount of raw materials as inputs? So whatever it is they produce, there's absolutely no marginal cost to producing more?
>>
I use it all the time. I still love ebay.
>>
>>85228064
as long as the sun is shining and providing free raw sunlight to the world, yep.
>>
>>85227998
if you really boil it down, money is the exchange of favors
>>
>>85228038
What else are we supposed to spend all the tax money on? We already defunded your police.
>>
>>85227941
>how are the people who buy from scalpers brainless? they are actually participating in the most highly-efficient scheme of video card resource allocation.

Simple, if enough people refuse to buy from scalpers, said scalpers will be forced to lower the price after they run out of idiots to sell too. Both sides can rig this game and equalize it, but one side just hasn't wisened up yet.
>>
>>85228018
Nah, it’s because of this stupid shit here.
People waiting 7 hours in line to buy a figment popcorn bucket just to resell for 200 dollars.
>>
>>85228088
fungible favors, yep! valuation is a flexible and ever-changing thing and there’s enough flexibility in the economy to have healthcare funded for people without even grazing the risk of trade breakdown. after all we spend so much more on the “defense” budget year after year after year.
>>85228070
same yeah, use it more than amazon
>>85228090
inb4 universal basic 3080s LOL
>>
>>85228111
time is money. why would one wait to buy product at half price if they could afford it now?
>>85228114
>27 bids
people clearly want to buy the product
>benefits charity
turbo based
>>
>>85227942
I agree that it sucks. I want a GPU that will carry me through the 9th console generation. But I refuse to pay over msrp for 3+ year old cards and I do not trust law makers to not fuck me even harder in the long run. I'll just play older and indie games on my 750 Ti until prices drop to something reasonable, taking inflation into consideration.
>>
>>85228111
have you considered simply Not Wanting The Product?
>>
>tfw I'm about to win a bid for an RTX 3060 going at half the price of what they go for in my country (Paraguay). Ebay is pretty okay sometimes
>>
File: file.png (86 KB, 225x225)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
FUCK EBAY
FUCK AMAZON
modern day alibaba chink shit no brand name direct to consumer zero quality assurance bullshit soon to be garbage in 6 months killing local shops with pure gigantic stream of shit
>>
File: Capture.png (275 KB, 787x1457)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
Can't complain.
>>
NANCYYYYYYYYYYYY
MOMALLAAAAAAAAAAA
I WANT TO PLAY APEX SHADOW LEGENDS
RIGHT NOW
>>
>>85228149
>time is money. why would one wait to buy product at half price if they could afford it now?

That's their right if they want to do that. I'm just saying that all these people bitching about scalpers should blame people who buy from them too. It's how supply and demand works.
>>
its alibaba for america chink junk fresh off the boat (most are california based) with a fresh markup for being able to ship instantly and not get a slow tug across the ocean
>>
>>85228114
So what about the rest of the economy that uses slave labor to charge you a massive surplus for literally no reason? You are literally participating in this thread using a machine made from slave labor.
>>
>>85228149
If a product with asbestos in it was 5 dollars cheaper than a product without it, people would buy the former despite any warning labels.
That is where government oversight is needed. Stop the invisible hand from fist fucking you in the ass.
>>
>>85228166
Then why discuss scalpers if you don't want the product being scalped? This discussion assumes scalpers have something we want.
>>
File: Capture.png (321 KB, 1030x1553)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>85228188
>>
>>85228182
dumbass, most shit that i buy i buy on ebay specifically so it goes into the pockets of some local mom n pop rather than some faceless megacorp
>>85228196
if those compainers dont want some product hard enough to be able
to afford it then they have no one to blame but themselves
>>85228209
theres no such product though and you arent allowed to sell asbestos on ebay.
>>85228229
why indeed
>>
>>85228188
>>85228234
>doesn't leave feedback
based
>>
>>85228188
>>85228234
>physical books
LMFAO
>>
>>85228204
>muh what aboutisms
Go start some slave free factories then and I’ll gladly switch
>>
>>85228209
At a certain point, people should pay for being stupid. All the government will do is take advantage of stupidity under the guise of protecting you from it. If people are too stupid to read warning labels, they're also to stupid to pick good officials that will protect them. Sometimes you have to let retards filter themselves.
>>
>>85228245
I'm going to give feedback for all of them now.
>>
>>85228234
just and fyi— if youre going to buy from thriftbooks, you could at least be earning reward points by shopping through their website. its a free 5$ book every 50 dollars or so iirc
>>85228256
gee whiz such a christian thinkg to say!
>>85228204
underrated post
>>85228281
fuck i gotta go catch up on those myself. esp for all the vendors who sent along handwritten notes
>>
>>85227629
This isn't scalping, its inflation. Just because your wages haven't gone up 50%, doesn't mean this isn't the case for many of us in the USA.
People have so much excess cash and inflation shows no signs of stopping, that people are paying 50% over sticker on new cars and close to 70% on houses. While these two examples are also intensified as the loans are practically free money with interest rates so low, the same principle still applies to high value goods which will also continue to skyrocket in value. The scalper knows this, and the people buying from scalpers maybe know this. They rather buy a scalped PS5(example) for 1000USD now, than wait for inflation to make it 1200USD MSRP.
>>
>>85228240
>theres no such product though and you arent allowed to sell asbestos on ebay.
It’s called an example. And one that is easy to relate to if you’re not a zoomer.
>>85228256
It’s slowly becoming that way. All this scalping is leading to fights, which leads to unnecessary injuries, and in some cases, unnecessary deaths. People used to get trampled on Black Fridays.
>>
>>85228310
Maybe inflation but it’s mostly lack of supply
Or lack of timely supply (lots of stock stuck in west coast of California)
>>
>>85228303
>gee whiz such a christian thinkg to say!

Who the fuck said I was religious? I'm a nihilist and pretty happy about it.
>>
>>85228316
its a shitty example because youre conflating dangerous products with price gouging. nobody’s going to buy a ps5 made out of al qeada IEDs to save a few dollars
>>85228346
youre a massive damn fag is what you are
>>
>>85228255
But I think you can agree that these slaves do a perfectly good job. And you certainly aren't going to get a real job.
>>
>>85228353
>youre a massive damn fag is what you are
Rule 1 of 4Chan: everyone is a faggot.
>>
>>85228303
I don't really order that many books. I was mostly just filling out my collection.
I don't even know how I lost my copies of The Many Colored Land/The Golden Torc and The Nonborn King/The Adversary. Those hardcovers are not exactly small, yet mine disappeared.
>>
>>85228365
If it bothers you that much then go make slave free products. Or go tell China yourself to stop using slaves.
>>85228353
Point is people will buy whatever they want if given the choice. Government has to stop in and regulate to stop any major abuses and/or deaths.
>>
>>85228479
ok but gpus that cost 1500 dont cause deaths
>>
>free healthcare
i dont believe in that shit
>free gpus
omg so true!
>>
>healthcare price gouged
well theres no such thing as a free lunch. sorry, not sorry!
>video game paraphernalia price gouged
daddy biden please step in and do something daddy joe biden!!!
>>
>>85227629
Bought PC parts from it recently and saved 30 bucks, they delivered it as fast as a normal store. Can't complain about ebay.

Also just don't buy overprized shit. There is nothing wrong with scalping the retards. If they wouldn't buy from scalpers, they would end up sitting on losses but no, you need your fucking children toys NOW.

>>85227830
Maybe it's different in burgerland but I made a new account and just bought the stuff like I would on amazon here. Nobody cared about my lack of ratings and rating them back too like 5 sec "Article just as described, fast delivery, would buy from them again!"
>>
>>85228530
Gpu or not, it’s still not normal to have scalping on this scale.
Before it used to be for limited editions or items just released.
Sometimes it was panic buying for toilet paper or canned food or water.
But now? It’s becoming a new norm and it needs to stop now before it gets worse.
Once people start it won’t end. Eventually they’ll start moving to essentials like food and medicines.
>>
>>85228638
Then it will become a problem and it's worth dealing with. (Also bet there is some law when it comes to necessary goods) Now it only affects toys, so nobody gets hurt and there is no point to care.
>>
>>85228638
>it’s becoming a new norm
for example? what other vital products are being scalped “on this scale”?
>>
>>85228652
The law only affects businesses. I.e if a hurricane is coming then gas stations can’t raise their prices to insane levels.
Normal people can buy out all the plywood they want and resell for 100x the price.
While hurricanes and population response to it are predictable, the current market is not.
>>
>>85227910
Public healthcare is only good for dressing wounds, setting bones and birthing babies. 99% of cases this is complication free. If you earn more than 40K you can afford a decent health care plan that will cover everything under the sun and in contrast to EU and other social healthcare countries, you don't have to wait for an appointment for 3-6 months (pre covid, now its 2-3 years) and die or wush you were dead until you can be treated.
>>
>>85228698
How is it not? There is a limited supply of certain stuff due chip shortages and cryptofags while there is a pretty high demand and people to willing to go out of the way for it (sister's bf was checking out every store in our city for a fucking ps5) obviously people would try to make a profit out of it.
>>
>>85228683
Just look back to 2020?
It’s too easy for the market to panic and buy out anything at any given time.
Most of which they wouldn’t feel like they would make a profit off of if not for ebay.
>>
>>85228700
>usa median income
>$31,333
>>
>>85228809
But who cares about others? It's all about me, mee, MEEEEE. REEE.
>>
File: 2ATAW.jpg (707 KB, 2028x2048)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>85227629
it's working fine for me
>>
>>85227629
companies should negotiate for lower % with ebay and have their shit sold directly through ebay
>>
>>85228470
>I don't really order that many books
And of course I just go and order $70 worth. 23 books. Buy 3 get 2 free and buy 3 get 1 free got me.
>>
>>85227910
public healthcare will not fix it. also enjoy your vax mandates!
>>
>>85229355
Which would be bought by scalpers anyway. It's not a thing you can realistically change sans selling 1 thing per ID.
>>
>>85229494
>Which would be bought by scalpers anyway
so the company can also raise their price on their ebay listed goods? there has to be an equilibrium point where its not profitable for the middleman to operate.
>>
I'm a NEET, no gf or kids, no friends without my own house so i dont need anything. If you can manage one toilet paper roll for a month or two, you dont need another one right away. Not to mention i only eat lunch in a day so i dont have much to shit out. You can pirate any content out there and once you have just a laptop or low end pc, you can simulate brand new android/iOS via various program. Let me guess you need more?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.