[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1638127241782.jpg (288 KB, 811x1081)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
Read the sticky: >>76759434

>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt
>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt
>PC building? >>>/g/pcbg
>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt
>Good, cheap, laptops >>>/g/tpg
>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg
>Server questions >>>/g/hsg
>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread: >>85212507
>>
File: file.png (8 KB, 335x224)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>85227048
how do i fix KDE from glitching out like this when i put my laptop to sleep? also KWin shows that desktop effects were reset due to a graphics reset
>>
I have a Samsung Galaxy A52. Is the charge input on this a USB-C? Cant find a straight answer anywhere
>>
I want to order an electronics kit to dick around with Raspberry PI and Arduino in the future.
Could someone recommend a company/supplier that ISN'T Chinese? Surely there must be a supplier of hobbyist electronic components that's not based in China.
I'm willing to overpay.
>>
>>85228007

USB-C port, even your mother comes with an USB-C these days
>>
Posting this again:

If ram can be read from a running computer by the feds, does this mean that a similar technique can be done on an encrypted hard drive while the screen is locked but the computer still powered?

>>85218911
>Does the encrypted drive just sit there or is it in use? As in being unencrypted.
The drive has been unencrypted and is just sitting there.
>>
Is it safe to keep an external hard drive plugged in and running for long periods of time?
>>
my monitor's power connector cord connects to this box (power supply?);whenever i turn the monitor to sleep, that box makes a very faint hissing sound. how to stop it?
>>
Could I have a retard proof guide on cloning a laptops hard drive so I can install an SSD and put everything back please. I'm assuming I install software, copy everything to an external of adequate size, remove HDD, install SSD then install Windows and recover from software?
>>
>>85228232
No because RAM is not encrypted in anyway whilst the drive is.
>>
>>85228232
>The drive has been unencrypted
You seem a little confused there. Your drive doesn't get unencrypted every time it's mounted. If it was, it would be possible to pull remnants of the unencrypted data. Also it would take forever.

The contents you're reading are loaded into ram, as is the decrypting key. If you used exploits like coldboot shit to get the contents of the ram, that could be used to access the hard drive. But some asshole on the street won't be able to pull that off.

>>85228288
You can copy and paste folders if you want. For the system partition you'd usually just use macrium reflect, either to copy the drive directly if you can have the old and new connected at the same time, or to make an image file on an external you can extract later. It's probably a good idea to just do a clean install though.
>>
>>85228307
The drive is encrypted but currently in an open state since the encryption key has been entered and the computer is still getting power.
>>
Did cybsec die?
>>
>>85228374
>Your drive doesn't get unencrypted every time it's mounted.
Yes I'm quite confused. My understanding is that once the encryption keys is entered, the drive is in a readable state untill it's powered down.
>>
>>85228402
Your drive is always readable. It's just full of incomprehensible gibberish. What you're doing is loading up your key into ram with the relevant software, so it's able to understand what's in your drive. Unless something's been fucked up, the drive should never contain unencrypted data at any point.
>>
>>85228459
Alright, thanks a lot anon!
>>
>>85228145
Don't waste time with those kits. It's 90% useless chink crap nobody buys otherwise. And every supplier everywhere just builds kits from the same chink crap.
If you seriously what to get into electronics engineering, you have to start with theory first, and build your personal inventory as you learn.
>>
>>85227048
How hard is SQL for someone with absolutely zero programming knowledge? I have an interview for the perfect job and have all of the other skills they are asking for. Can I fake it till I make it, Bros?
>>
>>85229188
If it's not a programming job then you're not expected to do anything advanced with it. You can learn all the basics in a day.
>>
>>85228379
>but currently in an open state
yeah, that's not a thing.
they can read your encryption key from RAM if you're using a RAM-based encryption key ( presumably there is some drive using a hardware one out there ).
but you don't "open" and "close" an encrypted drive using your key. it's not actually a key, nor a drawer full of files.
the key is a big number that gets plugged into a algorithm that mixes up the data before writing it down, and fixes it up when reading it back.
it's always mixed up on the drive so the feds can't see it.
but it's always unmixed when you read it into memory. so if they can read your RAM arbitrarily, you're kinda fucked.
>>
I need a good mpv config and filter resource.
Anyone can help me out?
I'm using mpv on windows but I doubt that's a issuse.
>>
File: 1639020647233.jpg (137 KB, 809x531)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>85229208
Many thanks, Senpai. To YouTube I go then.
>>
>>85229297
*Shader
Been working in OBS
>>
File: TOSHIBA_55X1_02.jpg (664 KB, 3087x1897)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>85227048
It's been my pipedream for a while now to be able to watch the same TV that the Japanese do. At first I thought I could set up a microcontroller somewhere in Japan that captures digital TV signals, transmits the data to me through the Internet, and then I would be able to decode the signals here into video. Doing a bit more research, though, it seems all TVs in Japan have this little DRM-enforcing card (called B-CAS, pic related) that would prevent me from decoding the signal from my basement. Is it enough to buy a Japanese television/tuner and continue with my plan? Or would it just be easier to set up a TV in Japan and use a Raspi to stream a webcam video?
Also, do you have any pointers to continue my research?
>>
>>85229350
worst case: off-the-shelf tuner box connected to an "hdmi splitter" which strips off any hdcp (encryption) and then into a capture card
>>
>>85229350
>microcontroller somewhere in Japan that captures digital TV signals
MIcrocontroller to capture the whole fucking radio band? And then stream it over the internet? All 500 channels of hd video at once?

Just set up a camera.
>>
What is the most complete and compatible GNU/Linux distro Live-CD nowadays? The one that will hook up all the system drivers required for short session. I need to check something.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (135 KB, 1209x777)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>85229371
>off-the-shelf tuner box
I guess this seems like my best bet. Some of these output composite (analog) video so it would make recording/streaming it a lot easier.
>>85229393
>MIcrocontroller to capture the whole fucking radio band?
I was wanting to see if I could somehow tune it to receive only one channel using digital filters before sending it but yeah, that sounds really stupid. Setting up a camera + TV seems like the easiest solution but it's impossible to hide a whole TV. I don't know anyone in Japan, either, much less someone who is willing to keep a TV on 24/7.
>>
File: 1598189823446.jpg (2.88 MB, 1528x2161)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>85227048
I want to migrate from Ubuntu to Debian. My real concern would be how can I backup all the shit I go in my ubuntu? I have a lot of shit that isn't bloat and I don't want to fucking manually install all my shit again from zero. What should I do anons? I hear some shit that you can do something with the debstrap and turn it into Debian. Not sure how would that work?
>>
>>85228259
Flash drives aren't designed to be permanently attached storage. Most don't expect you to have them plugged in for more than a couple hours at most. They aren't designed to be hard drives.
Being connected means it's still drawing power, and since there is no active cooling, it just sits there getting hotter and hotter.
>>
>>85228386
Yes.
>>
how do you recover "missing free space" on an sd card, without backing up and formatting it (its a big drive full of small files, it will take way too long).
It happened when I was copying a large file and accidentally removed the flashdrive.
>>
>>85229869
run a disk check
>>
>>85228145
>dick around with Raspberry PI

Then you're gonna kill a thread when you make "Just bought a RPi, what should I do with it?"
>>
>>85229805
>and since there is no active cooling, it just sits there getting hotter and hotter.
There is enough passive cooling, don't talk out of your ass.
>>
what technological advances are needed for AGI waifus?
>>
>>85229898
niggers tongue my anus
>>
>>85229805
I had 2 cheap usb flash drives as an os drive for months on a machine that was on 24/7 and those two are still doing just fine. No active cooling doesn't necessarily mean that things just get hotter and hotter until everything dies.
>>
>>85229940
Anon asked if he could leave his disk plugged in for long periods of time. I was saying it wasn't 'safe', not that it would necessarily die after 2 hours.
>durr i crossed a street once without looking and i didnt die
Well, doesn't mean it's safe to do it.
>>
>>85229998
Like that other anon said, stop talking out of your ass. Flash drives don't need active cooling. Also anon was asking about external hard drives.
>>
Settle an argument for me. Is it at all plausible in modern day to get a virus from opening an email on a major email service but not downloading anything
>>
>>85230137
Sure, zero days exist.
>>
File: mpv webm script.png (3.15 MB, 2000x1140)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB PNG
Anybody feel like helping a tard out with this? Keeps giving me an error on encode and telling me to check the logs but I don't even know how to do that. I'm on mac.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 KB, 279x37)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>85227048
what causes a file to be copied incorrectly?
>>
>>85230311
Shitty transfer protocols, disk faults.
>>
>>85230137
It's not impossible but hella unlikely. They may be able to tell when you read the email though.
>>
Anyone has a regex to block massreplying faggots that works on KurobaEx-fdroid?
>>
i fucked up my bios update
what now
>>
>>85230763
Hope you have dual bios or you're good at soldering
>>
File: 1619130132439.jpg (42 KB, 700x572)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>85230763
Enjoy your paperweight.
>>
Brainlet here i want to add a new audio track to a movie and trying to sync the audio but they have different fps and i cant figure out the right fps for the audio track (Should have paid attention in math class kek)
>Old video was 24.000 fps and its audio track 21.533 fps
>New (target video) video has 23.976 fps (-0.024 frames)

>>85230751
Here you go bro /.>>(.*).>>(.*)/
>>
>>85230307
It would be helpful if you showed the encode options. If you open the console (idk the default binding) then you be able to see the ffmpeg output.
>>
>>85229350
>It's been my pipedream for a while now to be able to watch the same TV that the Japanese do
If that's all you want to do, it would be infinitely easier to just use IPTV
>>
>>85230751
Sorry made a mistake the correct regex is />>(.*)>>(.*)/
It blocks anyone who replies more than once
>>
>>85229577
>receive only one channel using digital filters
You have to demodulate it, otherwise you still need the same bandwidth to transfer the signal. And implementing demodulation yourself in software is easily a year long project.
>>
Occasionally when I boot up my computer, or just at random when I use it for a while, my keyboard and mouse will randomly disconnect and the screen will freeze. Recently the display goes black too, although it won't turn off. This is a newer computer running Windows 10 but it has an older GPU, a 970. Nothing's getting unplugged either, and when I unplug and plug it back in it doesn't reconnect or unfreeze. What is this and am I fucked?

Captcha: 0KJK0
>>
I'd like to buy a domain name from porkbun and I see they offer whois privacy for free, but still I wonder whether I should provide my legit name and address when signing up or whether it''d be fine to make something up and pay with crypto for added safety
what could go wrong if I decide to register with fake data?
>>
>>85230751
Apparently new lines arent included in the "*" joker
Mass repliers could have bypassed it by adding each reply in a new line so heres a fix
/>>(.*)>>(.*)|>>(.*)\n>>(.*)\n/
It also blocks newfags with bad greentexts but who cares
>>
File: image-0729141308499.jpg (46 KB, 1365x768)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
When I execute a 'scoop list' in PowerShell I get this response:

There aren't any apps installed.

How can I fix this to show all the installed software in the machine?
>>
>>85231459
maybe you need to run this as admin or something
>>
File: 1622544230890.jpg (2.06 MB, 4608x3456)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
I just salvaged a ~30 year old pc from becoming scrap metal.

Out of curiosity, what are these banks of the motherboard for?

The PC runs a Cyrix 486 66MHz CPU
>>
>>85231477
I am running as admin.
>>
>>85232033
Cache memory for something, maybe for CPU even.
>>
>>85232033
Searching for um61256k-15 on the internet declares them to be 32 kilobyte SRAM chips with a max access time of 15 nanoseconds. Typically they hold the motherboard's BIOS.

You've got about 160KB of premium memory right there anon. Pulling one would probably brick the PC so I don't recommend it.
>>
going to reinstall windows (it's acting up and it's been going for like 5 years)
anything I should think of before wiping my drive?
>>
>>85232145
It's CMOS SRAM, it can't be BIOS(?)
>>
>>85232165
Why would you wipe it? Just reinstall in place. And there is very rarely reason to reinstall windows nowadays. System files are protected, and any additional software or drivers can be fixed without reinstalling.
>>
>>85230751
only tested in 4chan X, i don't phonepost
/(>>\d+\s){10,}/

the "10" indicates how many of them before it's triggered
>>
>>85232033
it's L2 cache for the CPU, back in the day this was not on the CPU chip
>>
>>85232233
Just want a clean install
>>
>>85232233
Maybe he doesn't know what wiping means and is actually talking about re-partitioning.
>>
>>85232203
computers of this vintage didn't have multiple-chip BIOSs, EEPROMs for BIOS usage were large enough by the 486 era to hold the BIOS rom in one chip
... also they were EEPROMs (or maybe EPROMs) not SRAM, SRAM was used to store BIOS settings (colloquially called "the cmos chip")
>>
>>85232340
what? wiping means to wipe the drive i.e. click on "format" during installation
>>
>>85232354
Wiping means overwriting the entire data, formatting can mean doing partitions with or without it. Everyone seems to have their own opinion on the term "format".
>>
>>85232384
not him but i would argue "format" has a more rigid definition than "wipe", though both of them have been used for all kinds of things
"wipe" seems to be entirely context-specific with no assumed meaning on its own. if i told someone to "wipe" a computer, they would probably do nothing more than reinstall its os
format on the other hand, means to create a filesystem, period. whether you instruct the formatting tool to zero the space it's being written to is a separate option not implied by formatting
speaking of, "zeroing", while not as popular a term, does mean to write zeros (or sometimes other patterns) over a specified space
>>
I was just changing my wi-fi password in case the neighbor is using it, but the address for changing it is in http, so couldn't our hypothetical wi-fi thief neighbor just watch the wi-fi with wireshark and see the new password?
>>
>>85232480
wifi is encrypted.
>>
>>85232501
But I changed the password on this HTML page on the address http://192.168.15.1/
>>
>>85232557
The wireless ethernet traffic is encrypted regardless your HTTP or whatever.
>>
>>85228274
pull the plug out at the wall. by the way, for future reference that box is the power supply unit.
>>
>>85227895
Stop using nvidia
>>
>>85232573
Alright then, thanks.
>>
>>85232557
Cool. Wifi is still encrypted, you moron.
>>
>>85230763
Define "fucked up"
>>
>>85232480
Unless someone is already on your wifi network, this isn't a problem. You need to have the wifi password before you can see anything on the network, whether extra encryption is provided by the protocol or not.
>>
>>85232620
That's technically true, but also irrelevant. Anyone who has the wifi password can see all traffic the same as if they had ethernet access, which is the scenario he's concerned about.
>>
>>85232480
just hook up through an ethernet cable and change the password from there, that way he can't sniff it out of the air
>>
>>85232672
You can't see all the ethernet traffic, you moron. Nobody made hubs in 20 fucking years.
And the same goes for wifi.
>>
>>85232668
Right, but if he is on the network he can see the new password because it's apparently sent through unencrypted HTTP, right?
>>
>>85232713
>Nobody made hubs in 20 fucking years.
Although dumb switches are dumb and they can be tricked to broadcast.
>>
>>85232624
fans and keyboard are working and thats it
>>
>>85232713
>the same goes for wifi.
i'm curious to know how you think wifi works
do you think the radio waves just make a tight beeline between the ap and stations or something?
of course not, wifi is one shared medium, only one device can talk on a channel at a time, because they literally occupy the same transmission medium, they don't have "their own wire" like ethernet cable provides, they are as bad as a hub in this regard, you can sniff everybody's traffic, even if you're not actually connected to the network, the ONLY thing stopping someone reading everything you do on wifi is your wifi key, and even then it's only stopping them decrypting, even without the key that can still dump all your traffic
>>
>>85229783
You can't preserve programs and settings from one OS to another. Use something like Ansible to install programs and configure stuff in a reproducible way.
Also Debian is a waste of time.

>>85232713
>t. idiot who has never run tcpdump on WiFi.
>>
File: 1642239954188-1.jpg (435 KB, 1440x1822)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
Not that I personally give a shit, but can people make an argument that crypto mining is bad for the environment?
>>
>>85233024
I don't quite understand the question.

>can people make an argument that crypto mining is bad for the environment?
They already do make that argument. And that argument is quite popular. The reasoning is that crypto consumes a lot of electricity (which is true for).
>>
>>85233111
I mean to say is it even worth arguing about in the grand scheme of things, seems like a piss in the ocean type of scenario, like whining about people using private jets when there are mega industrial complexes which produce more pollution in 5 minutes than a jet ever could in a lifetime use.
>>
I've recently got into learning about a lot of tech related areas, I've been fully engrossed in linux, python, cloud, raspberry pi, mac os superuser stuff, networking.

What kind of job would encompass these areas? Sounds a bit weird but I've particularly enjoyed my time with linux and diagnosing obscure issues, learning about log files, writing little bash/python scripts to help me automate or monitor things, playing with aws free tier to make fun things and generally just tinkering. I don't really know the tech industry at all, and I'm a late starter clearly, but I'm getting lost in this stuff for hours. I wish I had focused on it when I was younger.
>>
>>85233182
Bitcoin alone uses as much energy as a decent sized country. And crypto hasn't yielded much of value to make it worth while. For the most part they aren't really even practical as currencies. The switch to proof-of-stake will make the issue irrelevant though. Etherium's making the jump in a few months, expect many others to follow.
>>
>>85233182
>I mean to say is it even worth arguing about in the grand scheme of things,
Someone calculated BTC network* uses about as much electricity as small European country. That's tremendous amount (compared to numbers common consumers see) and it is probably between 0.1-1% of global energy consumption.

If we wanted to limit our energy consumption**, i would say this is not negligible amount.

_____
*That's only BTC. But it is so much larget than other cryptocurrencies, that including those wouldn't change our rough estimate by that much.

**That said, fuck Greta and fuck those green commies.
>>
>>85233312
>>85233321

Thanks for the info bros, have a nice day
>>
File: 1627806409158.png (1.76 MB, 900x1200)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
Once in a while a folder named "XMR" appears at my deskopt. Some pajet is using my laptop for Crypto Mining? right? How remove this shit? And no, I don't have any cryptocoin or related shit. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>85233312
>The switch to proof-of-stake will make the issue irrelevant though. Etherium's making the jump in a few months, expect many others to follow.
I really wonder how that will turn out, because proof of stake (essentially giving new coins to people who already have most of those) seems very... unwise.
>>
>>85233406
>Some pajet is using my laptop for Crypto Mining? right?
Do you have unusually high GPU/CPU usage? If so, check which process uses those resources and google its name.
>>
>>85232879
>do you think the radio waves just make a tight beeline between the ap and stations or something?
IT'S ENCRYPTED, you absolute retard
>>
>>85233447
i see you're a "read the first sentence then reply" kind of guy
>>
>>85232480
>in case the neighbor is using it
is you house made with cardboard boxes?
>>
>>85233457
A see you're a "talk about shit i know absolutely nothing about" kind of a moron.
>>
>>85233447
the context was regarding if you could see other users' traffic while connected to a network, his concern was his neighbour knew his current encryption key, being able to sniff other wifi users' data is relevant here, since changing the password over http while an attacker has your current key means the attacker can see the key you just changed it to
>>
File: 565567.png (59 KB, 746x722)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>85233441
you mean this? is normal my disk?
>>
>>85233447
Lets take the example of a coffee shop. Wifi password is printed on the register for customers, the intent being to dissuade people in the area who haven't actually come in to the shop. Anyone who's got that password can see all the wifi traffic of everyone else. Doesn't matter one iota that it's encrypted if you're one of the people who has that password. WPA3 is meant to fix this, but it'll be ages till it's the norm.
>>
>>85233482
How the fuck would neighbor know that key? Does he have root access to the router? Or you're stupid enough to think that the password is the encryption key? You seriously THAT stupid?
>>
>>85233528
>you mean this?
Try adding GPU into the view. (I believe you can do so by right clicking the header of the "table".)
XMR=Monero is mined on GPUs.

>is normal my disk?
Windows processes can sometime hog some resources, but it shouldn't happen all the time.
>>
>>85233626
anon, most normal people understand when someone says wifi password, they mean the key/passphrase
nobody in this reply chain has brought up router web interface passwords, not that that would make sense, since this would only be useful with the encryption key, and even if the neighbour didn't know it, that wouldn't stop him sniffing a new wifi key, because the routers' web interface is http
>>
I'm trying to use Perfect Dark. I forwarded my port but it just refuses to connect and I don't know why.
>>
I have recently upgraded my monitors, and unfortunately the only option of connecting them I now have is displayport.
The issue is, that when the monitors go to sleep, somehow the computer thinks the display resolution rests, so all open windows get resized to 640x480 (but the monitors start in their native 2K res), which is incredibly annoying. This does not happen with the same hardware setup if HDMI is used instead. Is there a way to fix this behaviour?
>>
once again asking for help for my /x/fag shit, this piece of JS gets caught in an infinite loop and I don't understand why

also, many years ago I was informed that w3schools was a trash resource and have scrolled past it in search results ever since. is this still true?
function testDeck() {
function _drawCard(max) {
return Math.floor(Math.random() * max); //thanks MDN
}
let testArray = Array(78).fill(99);
testArray.forEach((e, index) => {
let temp;
let thismax = 78 - index;
temp = _drawCard(thismax);
while (testArray.includes(temp) === true) {
temp = _drawCard(thismax);
}
testArray[index] = temp;
});
console.log(testArray);
}
>>
>>85233528
>disco
>>
I have two drives and not sure which I should use for Windows and which I should use for games
>Samsung 860 EVO 250GB (SATA III)
>Kingston SSDNow V+ Series 512GB (SATA II)
The Samsung is faster obviously but I don't have many games anyways and not sure if it makes more sense to run the games off the faster drive or Windows.
>>
>>85234619
I think once you get close to the end of the array you can end up in a situation where every number from 0 to thismax is already in the array.
>>
Anyone here has an idea what could cause audio crackling with pipewire on my setup when theres load on my cpu?
having a Ryzen 7 5800X, I am trying to figure out the issue for some time now but don't really know what to do anymore, could it be a ram frequency issue or maybe a cpu frequency thing?
>>
>>85227048
Will a vpn solve high ping issues when I'm playing a game in a server that's physically distant from where I live?
>>
>>85234707
it can solve ping issues and peering issues depending on how the vpn server is being routed and of course how you are routed to the vpn server, it just acts as a middleman and can only provide data as good and efficient as you can receive, it is maybe worth a try but I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>85234707
No. You can't outsmart the routing table.
>>
>>85234722
>>85234728
Alright, thanks lads.
>>
File: 1625916496957.png (129 KB, 344x342)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
So, i have Steam installed on my G: drive (G for Games, and it's a nVME SSD) and my C: drive (sata SSD) is where i have W10 installed. The UAC stuff of W10, does it affect the Program Files folder inside this G: drive too just like the Program Files of the C: drive?

In this G: drive i have only one Program Files (x86) folder and this drive is used only for Steam/Origin/Ubisoft games and emulation programs and roms.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (21 KB, 560x388)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
I have my laptop connected to two external monitors. When I play videos on any of the external monitors, it works fine. But as soon as I try to move the browser to the laptop screen, the video starts to lag.
I really can't see why this is happening. This is a t440s ThinkPad.
>>
>>85234774
Separate physical drives don't "isolate" anything. Your PC is on, the operating system is running and the disks are there and something wanting to fuck with anything will get its way.
>>
Windows 11 freezes out of nowhere
Happened twice on 2 separate occasions
>>
>>85234619
>also, many years ago I was informed that w3schools was a trash resource and have scrolled past it in search results ever since. is this still true?
Yes, use MDN
>>
>>85234728
>>85234707
I've heard that some north american ISPs used to have troubles with overseas routing. Maybe because the ISPs were cheaping out and didn't actually even have global routing available since most services are located in the USA.
>>
>>85235028
it wouldnt let me ctrl alt delete so I had to shut it down from the power button directly
Couldn't minimize or anything
>>
>have an old LG TV from 2017 sitting in the closet
>Decide to hook it up
>Updates
>It's slow as fuck now
>Nothing fundamentally seems wrong with it; good connection, caches cleared, etc

Why is this? Is the the planned obsolescence meme?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (58 KB, 900x900)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
if i log in in another android device with the same account are my youtube settings retained?
>>
I did
>mkfs.ext4 /dev/nvme0n1
instead of
>mkfs.ext4 /dev/nvme0n1p8
And TestDisk don't seem to find the others partitions.
Is there a way to get back the Superblock (or to restore it)?
>>
>>85234525
This is an issue with your GPU drivers, most likely. Try another OS. You provide no useful information so it's difficult to help you.

>>85234686
Why not replace both with a 1TB SSD? On Linux you'd use LVM do combine both SSDs into one Volume Group.
>>
Question regarding Avidemux on Windows.
In the previous version I used (2.7.6) I could use HEVC NVENC recoding to do a 2 pass recode on a video and putting in a QP of 0. This meant I could just let it run and it would automatically optimize the bitrate for that video perfectly.
This seems to be removed in the newer version (while adding a feature that I did want which was the option to export up to 8K resolution) with the only options being presets..
Would there be a way to add the 2 pass recpde function from the old version to the new version just for the HEVC NVENC encode option (the other way around to get the new swscaler in the old version would be fine as well) ?
>>
>>85235218
I think so
>>
Why the fuck do manufactors seperate their laptops into "home" and "work" laptops. A laptop is a laptop, just list them and let me look through them all without having to go into two seprate sections of the website. Worse I only just became aware I missed a bunch because appartently they aren't even listed as laptops, but rather they are "workstations".
>>
>>85235246
You overwrote your NVMe drive with EXT4 superblocks. Sorry if you had any important data in there.
>>
>>85235314
So there is no way to detect when a partition starts and when it stops ?
>>
>>85235313
Pretty sure it has to do with how they sell them, businesses usually buy in bulk
>>
>>85235370
If you simply overwrote the partition table you can create it again and the partitions are there like before. But the thing is that EXT4 has superblocks all over the place so parts of your data is corrupted for sure.
>>
>>85234942
Two reasons:
1. Your laptop is trash, throw it away
2. You are mixing refresh rates, like a retard

>>85235028
Cool blog

>>85235263
>QP of 0
Don't do this, it's stupid and results in much worse compression, completely negating the benefits of two-pass encoding.
Also, "no" to your question.
>>
>>85235459
>Cool blog
huh?
>>
>>85235313
in my experience, build quality and repairability are generally the two "real" distinguishing factors. While the internal components are very similar, "work"-grade components are built to handle more abuse, and when paired with a warranty (Dell ProSupport is a good example) they can be easily repaired by techs contracted by the manufacturer.

"consumer"-grade machines on the other hand are built to handle intermittent use, have shorter and less-inclusive warranties, and can in some circumstances be really difficult or impossible to repair because they're manufactured to look shiny and sell cheap.

If you stick around here long enough you will find that people love old Thinkpads and that is because they don't die and you can drop them from head height without them breaking. The tradeoff is they're ugly and bulky but that just makes /g/'s dick harder.

I personally have seen a coworker drop a Dell Precision M4800 from 6 ft and it continues working to this day. I would not place a wager on a consumer-grade gaymin laptop meeting the same drop test spec.
>>
bros? how do i get my external hard drive to appear in pcmanfm? I've installed udisk2 and added my user to the storage group, but it still doesn't show up in mcmanfm. If I fdisk -l as root it'll show it, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the gui
also whenever i try to access Devices in pcmanfm it just says "Operation Not Supported" despite me being in storage/disk/user/wheel groups
>>
>>85235459
>1. Your laptop is trash, throw it away
It is, but it has served me well for low level tasks (browsing, coding, photo editing, etc)

>2. You are mixing refresh rates, like a retard
Didn't know this would be an issue tbf.
>>
File: 1626549734063.png (257 KB, 460x471)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
I have a wired mic I need to make wireless for use on my computer.

I've seen the bluetooth receiver/transmitters for $10 and less, but I can't find any information on if you can plug in a normal 3.5mm mic and have that transmit to a computer. It wouldn't matter if it picks up the source as playing or recording as long as my voice somehow is able to transmit to the computer itself. Is this possible or are these receiver/transmitters only made to transmit from another bluetooth device to the aux port of a stereo system?
>>
>>85235534
>I personally have seen a coworker drop a Dell Precision M4800 from 6 ft and it continues working to this day
I was just looking at a Dell Precision and it seemed pretty nice. Do you know if the Vostros are the same quality?
>>
Why is it that in Kurodav-dev and KurobaEX some gray scale pictures get the colors flipped and how can I fix this? This doesn't happen in Kuroba stable
>>
>>85235396
Oh well I "legally" obtained EaseUS partition master and it worked.
>>
File: 1642269163052.jpg (55 KB, 800x600)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>85235313
>A laptop is a laptop
It's not, business laptops rarely have RGB or high refresh screens, instead opting for a docking port or better chassis.
The support is also different, stuff like length of warranty and BIOS updates.
>a car is a car
>>
i just updated my rig, moved my old hard drives and now i have lots of random files locked because of admin rights or whatever. of course i can grant myself full control but i can do it one file at a time. how do i bulk grant full control in W10?
>>
>>85235218
Yes, all your account setting are transferred, including browsing history, search history, likes, etc. That's true on any device you ever log-in.
Of course you need to have these settings enabled on myactivity.google.com
>>
>>85235783
>t's not, business laptops rarely have RGB or high refresh screens, instead opting for a docking port or better chassis.
My point is just let me look at them all together then I'll compare this stuff myself.
>>
>>85235588
>>2. You are mixing refresh rates, like a retard
>Didn't know this would be an issue tbf.
Yeah, I cringe every time someone buys a gaming monitor and keeps their old 60Hz one, because I know they'll come here in a week crying about stuttering or GPU fans not stopping anymore.

>>85235546
Are you using Ubuntu/Fedora or some retarded faggotry?

>>85235596
>Is this possible
No.

>>85235666
It's your retarded MiUI flipping the colors. Disable night mode for KurovaDev, or whatever it's called in that buggy chink mess.
>>
>>85236105
>It's your retarded MiUI flipping the colors. Disable night mode for KurovaDev, or whatever it's called in that buggy chink mess.
Thanks, I disabled it from the OS darkmode options
>>
>>85236096
The point is that they are so different in non-obvious ways that it makes more sense to split them like that.
If you saw a Bugatti next to a Prius in a car dealership you'd call them retards and walk away. An IT manager having to weed through 150 laptop models of which 100 are RGB trash would simply walk away and go to another vendor.
>>
>buy mid-range laptop a few years ago
>works well, but has a red keyboard and backlighting for no reason and sharp ridges just to look cool
When is this gaymer shit going to die off? I feel like a faggot whenever I take this thing out in public
>>
>>85236327
Did you buy an Asus, Acer, or MSI? If you want business/professional tier laptops you should be looking at Apple or Dell products. Gaming laptops are even more of a thing now given the GPU shortage for desktops.
>>
>>85235871
takeown /f "(drive letter here):\*"
icacls "(drive letter here):*" /grant (username here):F
both without ()
>>
I have a fat xbox 360 with a dvd drive that gets stuck and even when it does open it doesn't read/recognize discs. I did research and apparently I can't just swap it out because of some weird thing microsoft did but apparently I can use something called jungle flasher to extract the key and put it on a new drive? anyone have any tips or links to guides
>>
>>85236419
Lacks recursion. Here's a correct one:
takeown /r /f "(drive letter here):\*"
icacls "(drive letter here):*" /grant (username here):F /t
>>
whats the best and most /g/ approved version of osx?
i was thinking about going with mojave, but i recall sierra or high sierra being betger
>>
need some help i cant find information about this. have gentoo + dual monitors + nvidia, one runs at 144hz the other 60hz using xfce. Running anything above 60fps results in choppy frames for the 144hz monitor, but disabling the 60hz monitor makes the 144hz monitor work fine. What do?
>>
What matters in FPS games in terms of download and upload?

I suffer from buffer bloat on the download side of my connection because it's a weird asymmetrical, burst-y cable connection. I can fix this with SQM, but I wonder if it matters. I'm talking 50ms+ variation/jitter on my downstream--but my upload suffers almost 0ms difference under "load" isn't upload the only important thing? I'm kind of ignorant on this stuff, I've only just today began to learn on this topic. I assume upload is what matters most since that's what my bullets need to register properly i think? I can fix the download problem by shaping the traffic by a 50% decrease, but that seems like a waste to me. You might say "just play the game and see how it feels", to me it does feel better with sqm, but it might just also be I'm playing better that day. In twitchy shooters a few ms of difference feels like a mountain and I strongly believe i feel that difference but I'm also aware how fallible human perception is, so I'm plagued with the thought of placebo. i'd like some objective knowledge on this but I'm just not well versed enough.

This question might be too autistic sorry but any insight would be appreciated. If you're wondering what my speeds are they're like 300down35up.

TL;DR: what matters more in fps games in terms of upload and download stability or are they both equally important?
>>
hi sorry this is a truly stupid question

im a bit of a noob and my coworker asked for my github "token" to add me to a private repo... what does this mean? what is he asking for? the onlyl thing i can see is personal access token but apparently this is equivalent to my password so i cant imagine i should be sending him that lol
>>
>>85236390
I want gaming laptop specs without any of the homosexual cosmetic features
>>
>>85236514
It's been a very long time since I've messed around with 360's, but you can replace the laser easily (might as well try cleaning it first with ammonia if you're willing to replace it anyway) and the tray getting stuck can be caused by an issue with the magnet being too strong where you can actually cover it with enough layers of tape until its strength is weakened, a worn out belt, or a worm gear that needs lubricating.
>>
Can yt-dlp be used to rip music from youtube videos? I googled it and was told to use:

>yt-dlp -f 'ba' -x --audio-format mp3

But that just said 'Requested format is not available'. I know how to do it myself with ffmpeg after downloading the video but I was hoping to simplify the process.
>>
>>85236859
it's o-kay to be gay
>>
>>85236763
Speed doesn't matter anymore, everyone has enough bandwidth for games, the only problem is latency, and that is dictated by the quality of your ISP's routes and the distance between you and the game server.
And of couse download also matters. How are you going to play in real time if you aren't getting data from the server?
>>
>>85235626
Vostros are budget-tier work laptops. Think professional-grade build quality with low-spec internals and LCD quality. They're usually purchased in big lots with low/middling specs. The build quality isn't bad and they are easy to fix but most options are going to be underpowered. Slap an SSD and more RAM though and they're not terrible.
>>
>>85236614
Snow Leopard, the last good one.
>>
>>85236856
It's code for your cock, anon... Jesus.
>>
>>85237086
With youtube-dl, I just do:
youtube-dl -x --audio-format wav <url>
It downloads the video and runs ffmpeg automatically.
>>
>>85236856
Ask him.
>>
>>85237260
>laughs in dial-up
>>
>>85237285
That did it, cheers senpai
>>
File: 656757.png (39 KB, 756x736)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>85233670
like this?
>>
File: proxy-image.jpg (21 KB, 640x480)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>85237262
Sameposting

To answer your question on Precision vs Vostro... To give it some perspective, if I were forced into a deathmatch and had to choose a laptop to use as a weapon, it would be an M4800, no question. I have never encountered anything that holds a candle to it in-terms of build quality. Vostros are still better than most consumer-grade options but I have seen Vostros get physically destroyed by negligent end-users. On the other hand, you can physically destroy an end-user with an M4800.

Battery life though... lmao
>>
>apparently google merged gmail and google storage together for purposes of jewing you
>literally spam email takes storage away from things I actually want
Who the fuck decided this was a good idea?
>>
File: no gpu.png (59 KB, 782x740)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>85233670
>I believe you can do so by right clicking the header of the "table"
you mean? i can't see the gpu there
>>
File: flat800x800075f.png (241 KB, 320x320)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
gentlemen this is fucking killing me I locked myself out of admin privilege somehow on windows 10 I made my cousin a new user and I made c drive admin only access so no one can see my shit now my original account still says admin when I click it but I dont have any admin access cant open c drive cant install shit cant even open task manager what the fuck do i do
>>
>>85237538
Google.
>>
File: 1639553450556.jpg (55 KB, 391x391)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Which is the best tool to make static websites (i.e. Jekyll, rmarkdown, etc)?
>>
>>85237575
hello sir,
kindly do the needful dispatch command sfc/ scannow

many thanks,dinesh
>>
>>85237265
i mean meming aside, it needs to be usable
for poop and funnies i run tiger
>>
is there any way to delete google apps that can't be deleted from my phone without rooting it
>>
>>85237895
Not deleting but I use Omega Launcher which gives me the option to hide apps from the drawer, also I have another app that can limit app usage and apply 0 mins (basically can't open it or be run on the background)
>>
File: 1632345637667.jpg (70 KB, 1024x1024)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Since it's the thread for stupid questions.
HP gaming 15 ryzen 7 5800h / 16Gb ram / 1To SSD / RTX 3050 is it good? I want to buy something robust not buying a new laptop in 4 years.
>>
>>85237295
But then there is a chance that I might look silly. Id rather kill myself
>>
what do we do about the 150k+ tech industry salary problem?
>>
>>85237798
HTML
>>
>>85237895
https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb
>>
>>85237988
Pajeets are the ones who don't ask for help then fuck everything up.
Are you a pajeet?
>>
why dont uninterruptable power supplies work inside the pc on direct current, instead of charging ac and supplying ac as they currently do. i would think that it would be much simpler to design.
>>
>>85237988
Does he mean your public ssh key? And dont be afraid to ask questions. I would have you fired.
>>
>>85238049
Problem?
>>
>>85238140
yes, it's a problem
>>
Am I supposed to plug and unplug my laptop keeping it between 20~80% charge much like phones or can a "home" laptop live plugged in 24/7?
>>
>>85236668u
Read this >>85236105 then get rid of your 60 Hz monitor.

>>85237965
The CPU is great, the GPU is very meh. A 3060Ti or 3070 is much more future-proof.

>>85238123
You still need an external UPS for the monitor. Despite the inefficiency, it's still more practical to have one external UPS. I hope some day all laptops, PCs, monitors, and routers/switches can work with 48V power so we could have one efficient UPS for all IT equipment.
>>
File: 1642251800222.png (190 KB, 655x356)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>85227048
Each time I try to post in /vg/ it says something about 4chan blocking my isp or ip range, its been like this for at least 3 days, I'm not banned or warned, is the only thing I can do is sit still and take it like a big boy?
>>
File: w456y34w5yw4.png (221 KB, 807x1342)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
How do you change the mode pins are in on the Nvidia Jetson? I have an AGX Xavier.

https://docs-download.oss-cn-shanghai.aliyuncs.com/%E5%8E%82%E5%95%86%E8%B5%84%E6%96%99/%E8%8B%B1%E4%BC%9F%E8%BE%BE/%E8%8B%B1%E4%BC%9F%E8%BE%BE%E7%A1%AC%E4%BB%B6/Jetson%20AGX%20Xavier-Z/Series%20Pin%20and%20Function%20Names%20Guide%20Application%20Note.pdf

Looks like gibberish.
>>
>>85238123
>>85238332
ah i see. i was thinking about pressing the shutdown button to preserve the filesystem from damage but you would need a monitor to save work. while there are 12v monitors around, it would be too awkward to rewire everything.
>>
File: pain.png (3 KB, 649x51)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>85237849
thank u sar for doing the needful but unfortunation I can not do : (
>>
>>85238319
the 20-80% is to preserve charge cycles.
you can leave a laptop plugged in all the time, it won't "overcharge" the battery. it only runs on ac power until you unplug it from the wall.
>>
Is there any way I can rip content from Netflix/Hulu/HBO Max, etc. while having a valid subscription?
>>
>>85228145
Ignore these others anon, I did the same thing with cheap kits and it worked out. Some of the stuff I still haven't used but I've needed enough parts from it to pay itself off, especially when I didn't have shipping holding up my projects and not having to buy five at a time.

Don't expect to just buy a kit and have everything you need if this is something you end up pursuing. This is a good way to start tinkering around with it but when you have a legit project you want to work on you'll likely have to source more parts.

The kit this guy reviews is like $100. Way more than I would pay but the pieces look quality in the video. It also quickly reviews what each one does so it may give you an idea for projects.
https://youtu.be/8pJRs2G4wNE
>>
>>85238332
Thanks. I don't think there is better GPU for a correct price and don't need a laptop too pricey.
>>
>>85227048
I'm a potato baby and recently I created some simple visuals in MSpaint to make my job easier, however I've been asked to go a step above after sharing them with others and start either using other tools or even learning programming to make it easier for other employees to use and auditors to change. I kind of want a quick easy fix though and learning programming takes time. I essentially need something that I can edit along with the auditors that others can view and copy and paste from as necessary as well as search with tags and put pictures on. Should I just use something like Excel or Word for this or is there something better I can use?
>>
>>85238447
First off, live boot with linux off of a USB and save your files. Then mess around with Window's stupid permissions shit until you get something going.
>>
>>85238472
Good to know then, I was tired of doing it to mine.
>>
>>85238106
>>85238133
Relax niggas it's the weekend I just don't wanna look clueless Monday if giving someone a "token" to be added to a repo is a common thing. No idea if that's what he means we'll see Monday probs. The fact that no one else understood his request either lets me know it's all good
>>
File: 1642281084872.jpg (75 KB, 640x640)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>85238481
An HDMI splitter and a HDMI capture card.

>>85238319
Leave it in, the battery has a controller which discharges it a bit from time to time.

>>85234702
I believe you can choose a latency target for your sound, try increasing it a bit.
Another option is to buy a cheap USB sound card, $5-10 should buy you a nice one.
>>
>>85238586
>"token"
The only token I've added to git is my public ssh key
>>
>>85238332
thanks anon damn gonna have to buy another monitor
>>
File: 1.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>85227048
why does my audio sound flat, unless I eq it? doesnt happen on any device but my desktop running arch linux with pipewire, do I have to activate some magic config option?
>>
File: 1631739407118.jpg (38 KB, 362x346)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>85227048
How do I cope with no concentration?
It's been really fucking frustrating making little to no progress while programming due to it.
Is there a good way to circumvent it? The only time I'm actually concentrated is when I've had coffee/energy drink/tea etc. and constantly consuming that isn't exactly ideal.
>>
Do HDMI switches add input lag or can I just buy whichever I find?
>>
>>85238687
You just do it
>>
>>85236105
>Are you using Ubuntu/Fedora or some retarded faggotry?
im on arch
>>
Is there any way to default ask which ssd to boot with an aurous mobo? Got my windows and linux all setup but would rather it ask every time rather than having to press boot options
>>
having problems with one of the nodes on my wifi mesh
made a thread on their support forums
they sent me a debug firmware, and then said they'd need to do further tests so need to connect remotely via teamviewer to understand the issue.

That's weird, right? It's not some random ass chink company, it's a fairly well known brand. Should I just let them do it anyway?
>>
>>85238687
Work slowly at it
It's a wlilpower thing
If coding is really that problematic, then start smaller. Maybe look at some logic problems and concentrate on them for a bit. Or anything else that's not as intensive as coding.
Do that for 10 minutes (or whatever is appropriate for your attention span) and then increase the time you spend in increments.
You just need to learn to break your instant gratification habits
>>
>>85234700
checked and thanks

to the thread again, this is less of a /g/ question but is there much difference in probability between
>drawing from a physical deck (and whatever algorithm I eventually come up with to mimic it) which has a card removed from the deck every time
and
>picking a random object out of 52, 78, whatever each time without reducing the potential results by 1, then discarding any already-present results
I remember reading some logic problem that implies that there is, something about the odds of the 10th ticket in a box of 500 raffle tickets having different odds than the first one, but I fell for the herbal jew and can't think through it
>>
>>85238998
Like TP-Link well known? Kinda weird but maybe they can't repro the issue on their end?

Personally I would ask them to send me instructions and I would do it myself
>>
>>85238401
Are you using a mobile IP?

>>85237965
Depends on your use case. Go look up laptop 3050 performance on Youtube. Also check the wattage of the GPU in the HP you're interested in.
If I recall right, the 3050 isn't actually that impressive, and might not even give that much better performance than the 1660. Not sure though, but if that's the case you might be able to save some money just buying a 1660 laptop.
>>
>>85239047
If I understand your description right there shouldn't be a difference as far as I know. One problem with the second approach is that it's not very efficient, as you'll likely be discarding a lot of the draws as you near the end of the deck.
>>
File: 1427658957011.jpg (47 KB, 720x439)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>85239063
It's exactly TP-Link, i should have just said the brand name, kek

> maybe they can't repro the issue on their end?
Isn't that pretty much going to be the case for most issues people have, since everyone has a different setup?
For me, all my nodes are connected wirelessly. One of these nodes is connected to my console via ethernet. The issue is that if I start downloading something on this particular node, the net speeds of everything else connected to that one go to absolute shit

>Personally I would ask them to send me instructions and I would do it myself
I've done this. Will see what they say. If it's a no from their end, should I just let them go at it with Teamviewer? They said they'll be using the command line too, just seems odd to be giving that level of access, even if it's from a trusted brand
>>
File: 1642283783833.jpg (37 KB, 640x515)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>85238866
>Arch
Wow, totally unexpected
>>
>>85239202
so can you help me out or
>>
>>85239206
I don't know, anon. Sounds like you already tried lots of reasonable things.
Does it work if you install Dolphin, for example?
Another idea: create another user account and log in. If it works fine, then you know the issue is with your account.
I use Kubuntu and have never had any issues with storage.
>>
>>85239297
Hmmm I tried it on thunar and it didn't work either. I'll give the useradd a shot, thank you
>>
if anyone has ML experience feel free to provide feedback here >>>/sci/14107732

im looking to have a forecast algorithm that is lightweight, generalized, and can quickly generate predictions...

minimal background in ML so guidance is appreciated
>>
>>85239113
no, im posting from my computer, should I contact a moderator like when you appeal a ban?
>>
>>85232281
thank you my nigga
>>
>>85239338
Your disk is not auto mounting for some reason.
You should maybe look that up.
>>
>>85239617
yeah its confusing me because i have the utilities for it installed to automount with udisks2 and ntfs-3 since its just an external i just dont know what else i should do, maybe my fstab is fucked or im missing a usb mnt directory or something
>>
>>85239132
>>85234700
I think I did it

function drawCards(number) {
if (number > 78) {
console.error("number higher than deck");
return;
}
let arrayDeck = Array(78).fill(null);
let arrayDiscard = [];
let results = [];
arrayDeck.forEach((e,i) => {
e = i;
})
let randOf78;
for (let i = 0; i < number; i++){
randOf78 = Math.floor(Math.random() * arrayDeck.length);
while (arrayDiscard.includes(randOf78) === true) {
console.log('while', i)
randOf78 = Math.floor(Math.random() * 78);

}
console.log('afterwhile');
results.push(randOf78);
arrayDiscard.push(randOf78);
arrayDeck.splice(arrayDeck.indexOf(randOf78))
}

return results;

}
>>
Starting to get my Salesforce admin ticket this weekend, any g-friendly recommended resources for open source or pre-fabricated apps I can add to my repertoire?

I kept seeing these job listings for $80k+ and thought fuck it it's a 60hour course, time to snatch some money from dipshits
>>
>>85239972
I guess it'll work, but there's a lot of room for improvement.
The arrayDeck array is unnecessary, since you never use it, and arrayDiscard is always the same as results, so you might as well just have results and check in there.
There's also still the issue that the approach in general is not efficient.
>>
>>85239760
You could try creating a new directory:
sudo mkdir /media/usb-drive/ (or whatever)
Then mounting the drive:
sudo mount user/dev/sdb1 /media/usb-drive/
If it doesn't work you could also change its permissions:
sudo chmod 777 /media/usb-drive/
Or the user permissions of the directory:
sudo chown user -R /media/usb-drive/MyDocuments (or whatever)
>>
I NEED GOOD PHONE WITH GOOD CAMERA (with non fucked selfie cam focal length) AND SD CARD CAPABILITY AND A FUCKING 3.5MM HEADPHONE JACK
WHAT GET
>>
>>85240835
Nokia 8, frontal camera even has autofocus.
>>
Sirs can you explain to me how scaling in the cloud works?

For example I have a selenium bot using paranoid sleep times to avoid detection. Suppose it takes 2h to perform 100 actions.

Scaling means dividing the workload to cloud computers to perform 100 actions in 1h (using 2 AWS EC2 for example)?
>>
>>85239466
if you want to i guess
use irc or discord
your ip could be rangebanned because of some spammer
>>
>>85240835
Sony phones?
>>
Can someone recommend me a flip phone? I hate smartphones but need to upgrade my current flip phone because it's still on 3G.
I plan to make maybe 2-3 calls a week on it, but will mainly use it as a music player. So it needs a 3.5 MM headphone jack and some way to transfer music onto it.
Other than that I don't really care.
>>
File: Nokia 2720 Flip.jpg (127 KB, 1360x1371)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>85241106
>4G bands:
> 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20 - EU
> 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41 - MENA, APAC
>>
>>85240015
Which country?

I lied salesforce certificate in my CV but could get no job. Luckly I didnt waste money on this shit.

Everytime someone says X tech is on demand, I always fabricate a CV first and give it a try to avoid wasting money.
>>
>>85241229
>hates smartphones
>flip phone has facebook built in

hahahahahaha
aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

fucking faggot
>>
My area is about to be hit with a historically bad ice storm but I need to keep my internet on Monday for job stuff.

I read here about radio theory/converting radio waves to internet with a converter and modems.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd like to generate my own internet for power outages. I already have a generator, but I need to keep my internet too.
>>
>>85241298
aus. you can check job listings for sydney, multiple entry level's at $80k and for solo admin's $120k+. Most are WFH so honestly worth an apply if you have CRM experience, I'm only doing the free courses coz i have no crm base. But it's all so fucking easy. And I know some gov branches are using it now coz the even the chuds can use the interface
>>
>>85241229
Thanks but like this guy >>85241328 said I'd prefer something without apps or any of kind of Internet access ability. In my mind smartphone = can install apps, my bad if that wasn't clear.
For reference this is my current phone https://www.ebay.com/itm/403408920801. Basically that + 4g + headphone jack would be perfect.
>>
multilib cannot update
my arch was missing multilib, community and extras from the pacman config
so i manually added them
now none of the mirrors will resolve any packages
ive spent like 4 hours simply trying to install torguard vpn from aur
this is fucking INSANE i cant even perform simple tasks without manually fixing 6 million microscopic things
>>
Hey /g/.
I'm looking for a program inbetween a vector graphics editor and CAD shit.

I'd like to design some vector graphics that mainly rely on geometric patterns and I'm pedantic about them being perfectly straight and symmetrical.

Inkscape lacks constraint functionality to force things perpendicular/parallel/etc, and I often need to eyeball dimensions there, as well as do things like circular patterns pretty much manually step by step, cloning shit and rotating it until I get what I want.

On the other hand, most CAD software is a nightmare when it comes to exporting it in normal formats like svg, if I want to color my stuff, make it look nice, etc.

What would you recommend? Preferably open source but at this point I don't mind pirating proprietary software.
>>
>>85241653
>my arch was missing multilib, community and extras from the pacman config
how the fuck...?
man if that happened and i didn't know why i would just replace pacman.conf with the stock one and try again, who knows what else is missing
>>
>>85241773
turns out i fell for the artix meme
>>
>>85241948
oh kek
i swear half the the time someone says their arch breaks in weird ways, it ends up in "oh i'm using <some derivative of arch> btw..."
>>
how to revert whatever google is doing to their image search
>>
I want a burner phone for privacy reasons. Not "hide from the government" but "hide from corporations". How does that work? Do I just go into Verizon store or something and ask for a prepaid SIM and pay with cash? Then put it in a phone I've never used before and also bought with cash? Then when I want more data I just buy top offs with cash again?
>>
I just discovered something weird and cant find the answer to it. Is it possible for one program to cause flickering lines to appear on the screen? Whenever im on firefox i see these lines flicker on my screen when i usually dont on any other program.

Why is that?
>>
Picked up a tablet from a friend today which he gave up on trying to fix, but I'd like to get it fixed myself if possible and give it back to him. The tablet seems to be Intel based and has no OS of any kind installed, it just crashes to an EFI shell upon powering on. Any ideas on how to get something on it? It has a micro SD card and a single USB port.
>>
>dual monitor
>start full-screen game
How do I move the game to the other screen?
>>
>>85242258
use yandex, its based
>>
I was looking some python code earlier and have a question.

I generally define a function:
def foo():
bar()

and I saw:
def foo(self):
self.bar()

So whats the point of writing self.bar()
>>
>>85232601
ok but is there a permanent fix besides 'lmao just dont use your graphics card'
>>
>>85234702
Check your sample rates. Weather you are outputing to an external DAC or using your own card's DAC, try using a more conventional bit depth / sample rate combination, like 16bit 44.1 KHz
>>
>>85243152
It's essentially an arbitrary convention when writing methods (functions within a class) that doesn't really matter.

You don't need to know how it works, but if you want to:
https://www.programiz.com/article/python-self-why
>>
>>85228145
I wanna follow up in this. I did some digging around and found this site:
https://www.sparkfun.com/
It looks like they assemble all their shit in-house in the USA. If anyone knows of similar companies please let me know. They don't even have to be U.S. based - just not among the hoard of Shenzhen-based chinkshit suppliers.
>>
hello how can i find the original thread all archives give error
i can't upload it because of range ban but it is the career thread in archive(expired) i don't know if this help File name: "1642265108793.png"
File MD5 hash: "7bf1719f07869579ab8a9abb97bab104"
File size: 1.3 MB
Image dimensions: 1253x705
>>
>>85240899
Looks nice but its basically as old as my galaxy7.

>>85240975
Xperia 1 III is good, pricey but better than anything else in that range. It has a headphone jack and sd slot!
>>
File: 1613317190252.gif (1.43 MB, 360x238)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB GIF
What is trusted installer and why wont it close? It is bogging down the system also. On windows 7.
>>
>>85227048
How do I hack into someones ICloud or Instagram
>>
How hard would it be to just build your own PS5 from commonly available parts and just install the software on it and stuff?
>>
Is there a way to buy a number to use to register for emails etc, I don't even care about privacy, I'd give them my name and card, I just want a cheap number that's not from my country. I don't call anyone and I spend around 20 euros a year to keep my card, I'd pay the same for virtual number.
>>
So I have a mechanical keyboard, and the O key has a tendency to either not fire, or double tap, ie oo like that. I'm constantly having to edit the stuff I type to deal with it. It's relatively new. Any idea what can cause it? I live in a relatively humid region and I wonder if it isn't a tiny bead of moisture in the switch? How can I check/diagnose the problem?
>>
i recently got a new phone and was looking for some general tips on preserving the battery as best as possible. so far i’ve charged it up to 100% a couple times and only let it dip to 20% once. should i cycle it, and if so, how? any other advice or experiences appreciated
>>
>>85243908
PS5 equivalent PC? Not hard >>>/pcbg/
>>
>>85243908
Impossible.
>>
>>85244193
From what I've heard it's best to shallow charge it, I think around 80% seems like the sweet spot for preserving battery life but idk how important it is. I usually just leave mine on a wireless charger all day (set to charge in slow mode on the options) and have the thing plugged into a smart plug and configured to turn off when the phone hits around 85% battery and turn back on when it gets below 80%, idk if this is good for it or not but can't be bothered to baby it much more than this and obviously it's gonna go lower if I'm out of the house for a while. Some people say wireless chargers are the devil and will kill your battery too though...
>>
How many M2 NVME SSDs can I install on Z690-A pro D4 without it affecting other pcie lanes or whatever?
>>
I brought my s21 ultra to the beach and i think there's sand in the top speaker as everything sounds muffled now.
What do i do?
>>
Is webp better for 8bpp lossy compression?
>>
how do you get an ID that is accepted by googles ID verification system
>>
>>85242548
Yes, yes and yes.
>>
is there any real competitor to an ipad
>>
>>85243784
good morning sir!
>>
how many times can you solder/desolder something before it can no longer be done
>>
>>85244647
>>
>>85244193
Just don't leave it charging at 100% all fucking day, never let it come to 0% where it has to poweroff, and never use the phone while it's charging.
That's the consensus of what kills phone batteries the fastest. And if it's not necessary don't use fast charging and prefer regular charging.
That's it. Don't stress too much about the percentages and shit.
>>
>>85244621
Turn 18. The government will issue you an ID.
>>
>>85244679
why would you give your own ID to google
>>
>>85244631
No. The Galaxy Tab comes the closest on Android, and the Pixel Slate on ChromeOS.
Other than these, they are all shit.
Maybe the Microsoft Surface but it comes with full Windows, so they're almost unusable.
>>
>>85244684
Why would you have a Google account in the first place?
>>
File: 1611379221827.png (177 KB, 1041x1723)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>85243970
I have the same problem. Asked /mkg/ and it's because of my shitty keyboard. You're lucky it only happens on one key for you, mine just picks and chooses how much of a piece of shit it wants to be. It's in a good mood currently (pic related).
The only way I know to fix chattering properly is to resolder the offending key. Or you can just try clean it with the compressed air and see if that works. If that fails, then "keyboard chattering fix" does a decent enough job for me. Plus it tracks which keys have the problem, but I'm sure you can turn that off if you want to.
>>
File: 1639683744389.jpg (546 KB, 1280x1280)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>85244744
>>
>>85244652
My record is 19.
>>
Been using the kuroba dev build since the new captcha and it has issues and I don't think it's getting updates, any similar clover forks out there being maintained?
>>
When we connect to an iot device like a smartwatch/ refrigerator via Bluetooth or wifi, is it something like this?

Phone > Wifi/ Mobile data > Internet > Wifi > IOT

Phone > Bluetooth > IOT
>>
>>85244862
Would probably vary from device to device, app to app.
>>
>>85227048
Anyone have a recommendation for G502 alternatives that don't double click? This is the third one. I've asked before and the only thing anyone has ever recommended is the Razer Basilisk, but I'm not a fan of Razer. Any other good options?
>>
What's a ftp program that's not full of adware and bloat? Any good foss options?
>>
>>85244920
I use vsftpd
Unless you mean client, I just use the native app in the OS
>>
>>85244862
>Phone > Wifi/ Mobile data > Internet > Wifi > IOT
assuming by IOT you mean IOT device, then yes
>Phone > Bluetooth > IOT
No, because IOT uses the Internet by definition.
>>
>>85244621
>>
How do I fix webms not showing thumbnails in file explorer?
>>
>>85231038
Probably faulty USB port. If you're using a USB hub, plug your mouse and keyboard direct directly to the PC.
>>
File: 1641627753192.jpg (44 KB, 300x300)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
This is probably not going to be very clear. But is there some kind of file format that works like an image, but that I can slide through it to reveal another part of it?
>>
>>85245015
Specifically what you need is a ".webm container parser" extension for file explorer, and probably codecs to decode VP8, VP9 and AV1 formats. The one I found and use is called Icaros
https://shark007.net/forum/Thread-New-Release-3-2-1-Final
>>
>>85245063
Nice. Many thanks anon
>>
>>85245038
>This is probably not going to be very clear. But is there some kind of file format that works like an image, but that I can slide through it to reveal another part of it?
Pretty much any image. Just concatenate whatever data to the file.
>>
File: 1641636746733.png (184 KB, 600x642)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>85245091
>Just concatenate whatever data to the file.
I did not understand. Specifically "concatenate".
>>
>>85228145
Honestly? A ESP32 is more than enough to keep you entertained for a year. Wifi, bluetooth, lorawan... Dual core CPU
>>
>>85245038
Powerpoint
>>
>>85244664
>never use the phone while it's charging
lol what
>>
>>85245142
That's not what I was referring to. Imagine a gif where you have to manually slide through it to reveal more of the image. That's basically what I wanted to know if there is. The closest I've seen it is 3D model sites where you can look at the model freely, but I don't know if there is such a thing as a file format, like PNG, even if it's just moving in two dimensions..
>>
>>85244193
Just keep it between 80 and 20% and that's that.
The cycling meme comes from the era of cadmium batteries and dumb chargers - 80s stuff. The idea was that to prevent overcharging the batteries were used until they fully lost their charge so you would know the exact time to charge them. It's crazy this meme still lives in the current year.
>>
>>85245179
Now that you describe it I have to agree with him, Powerpoint is the closest thing, it sounds like you're talking about a slideshow in a file. You could accomplish it with HTML, CSS, and Javascript too I suppose, but not like something you could embed into a 4chan post
>>
A reputable person told me that Disney used ray tracing for a scene in 1991's beauty and the beast and that it took several months to render. Is this true, I couldn't find mention of it anywhere?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Best video editing software (((for mac))) that I can pirate or get for free? I want to start a youtube, imovie is a stupid fucking app.
>>
>>85245235
I don't know about that movie specifically but yes animation studios, including disney use non-real time path tracing/raytracing for scenes in movies
>>
>>85245161
It means don't use the phone while it's charging. What's the confusing part?
Fast charging and heavy use (like gaming) at the same time, particularly for a longer period of time, makes your phone’s battery warmer than is ideal, and extreme temperatures are not good for your battery.
>>
>>85238940
>"booting disks"
EFI boot doesn't work like that. What you have is boot entries that point to specific EFI executables.
>>
>>85245203
I see, thinking of a better comparison what I was imagining was like you zoomed in on a large image and you were scrolling through it, but without the power to unzoom. It would depend a lot on the artist's creativity to take advantage of this limitation.
And now that you mention it, this is possible on websites, so this is a good idea for a project. Thanks.
>>
>>85245236
Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Lightworks.
>>
>>85245271
I forgot to mention im a complete beginner
>>
>>85229931
better watch out then
>>
>>85245250
>What's the confusing part?
No reasoning. Well, the warming up makes some sense. THOUGH.
>>
>>85244920
FileZilla
>>
>>85245278
Then why are you acting all smug about it? Stick to iMovie then.
You could also try a FOSS editor like Kdenlive, Avidemux, OpenShot or Shotcut.
>>
how do I download an android app directly onto an sd card? I have the developer option enabled and the cards been formatted and I checked it works because I can move files to it but when I try to download something I get an undefined error
>>
hdlp whetse thee any key>?
>>
>have router and TV in opposite sides of the house
>smart TV wifi reception isnt so great
>notice ethernet port in my cable box
Can i get internet from my cable box considering its from the same internet package, or is it meant as an input rather than output?
>>
>>85245236
Get wincucks 10 and sony vegas imo
>>
Sometimes WINE opens a window such that it's partially off screen, and I can't use the mouse to move it. How do I move a window with the keyboard? I've tried using Alt + Spacebar + Move, but that doesn't seem to do anything.
>>
>>85245670
Yes, it's called wired ethernet.
>>
File: 1642327176376.jpg (60 KB, 992x556)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>85244920
Don't use ftp for any reason. It is never the only option.

>>85245250
This is retarded advice, Tesla puts battery packs in direct sunlight in the Australian desert and they work just fine with temperatures that are not even attainable in a smartphone.
>>
>>85245758
Doesnt work, am i supposed to configure something? Am starting to doubt my cable box can act as a router
>>
>>85244962
IOT can use other communication networks instead of on the internet.
>>
How much truth is there on the claims that crypto transactions take shitloads of electricity to be processed?
>>
>>85245788
The way that crypto works is that computers have to brute force hashes to verify a transaction, and by doing so they are rewarded with said crypto currency. This brute forcing takes a FUCKLOAD of electricity.
>>
>>85245788
afaik the transactions itself don't contribute to the electricity consumption because mining is done regardless.
>>
>>85245784
>*I*nternet.
And even then, direct phone-device communication is not IOT by any definition. You some sort of access to the bigger network of devices.
>>
>>85245750
Alt+LeftMouseButton

>>85245773
Is it so difficult to post a picture of your cable box?
>>
>>85245773
>Doesnt work
No DHCP reply? Or no link?
>starting to doubt my cable box can act as a router
If your IP belongs to picrel you are in a private subnet and the thing is doing address translation or "routing".
>>
>>85245788
not much if you're talking about a pos model but a lot on pow
>>
>>85245806
>direct phone-device communication is not IOT by any definition
Can you explain this, anon? I can connect to my Fitbit via bluetooth
>>
>>85246028
It's not an IOT device, what's there to explain? You thing earbuds is an IOT device? They also connect via bluetooth.
>>
>>85246028
I'm guessing he means bluetooth, nfc and things like that aren't internet
>>
>>85237423
>>85237562
Weird.
Sorry, but i am out of ideas.
>>
>>85246117
Could anyone just google what the fuck IOT is? IOT is a network of devices talking to EACH OTHER. Not to the phone only.
>>
i bought some usb c cables (from a reputable brand) and theyre fine and all but the connection plug itself is, how should i say, tight? as in it takes a bit of force to actually unplug the cable from the device. could this damage to devices port in any way? like just to give a frame of reference i bet a little kid would struggle to unplug this cable
>>
How do I survive the first phone screen with HR if I'm an incel?
>>
>>85246313
Say you're trans. Always. Just lie and you're insta hired.
>>
File: 1632801786739.jpg (16 KB, 280x175)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
I'm not even sure how to put it into words
Is it possible to somehow automatically shift the hue value by 1, export the picture and repeat the process until all 360 hues are used?
Obviously this would take a lot of time manually, so is there a way to automate the process?
>>
>>85245236
final cut pro
its the best editing software for mac since its perfectly optimised
even if you pirate it will update through the app store
>>
is there anyway to default soft subs in mpv to a certain font/color? 99% of stuff is fine but some stuff i have has a weird font/yellow, and i want it to be the regular font+white like everything else
>>
File: 1617228538275.png (92 KB, 1031x558)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
trying to download with yt-dlp again and it doesnt fuckin work AGAIN, fixed itself last time somehow

i run thiscommand only downloads the firs tsong
yt-dlp -x --audio-quality 0 --audio-format mp3 --embed-thumbnail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9XDGD-HA1Q&list=PLUjfFj_aTvM5XSn_rKJcS0RnHYVrHmywW
>>
Is there some way to play halo 3 xbox 360 multiplayer? I found out M$ shut it down, but I know the wii has wiimmfi, so is there something equivalent for the xbox 360? Sorry 4 retarded, idek where to begin looking for any xbox homebrew

>>85246869
idk try `https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjfFj_aTvM5XSn_rKJcS0RnHYVrHmywW` instead of `https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9XDGD-HA1Q&list=PLUjfFj_aTvM5XSn_rKJcS0RnHYVrHmywW`.
Some vids missing btw but probably available on archive.org. Can't be bothered to check
>>
`test`
``forgot``
```how```
this
works
>>
 how do i into code blocks?

[asdf] test [/asdf]
>>
>>85246987
>>85246869
and remove the last "`"
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjfFj_aTvM5XSn_rKJcS0RnHYVrHmywW`
>>
>>85247024
alright works now thanks, and how do i generate those better playlist links?
>>
>>85247052
1. click on the first link
2. click link in picrel
>>
>>85247052
Click on the playlist name on the right panel
>>
File: 1618063564963.gif (293 KB, 786x586)
293 KB
293 KB GIF
>>85247082
hej
>>
>>85247097
sory ze nie odpisuje wczas na discordzie caly czas musze pomagac gosciowi robic tego bota na discorda
>>
File: 1630746822430.jpg (62 KB, 1024x768)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>85247110
przestań jakiemus cuckowi za darmo pomagac jak janitor chodz lepiej ze mną pochodzic i na siłe szukac punktów do rozmowy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.