[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 1638872736892.png (427 KB, 795x795)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
start torrenting anime in 720p
>>
File: 1630353490912.png (462 KB, 988x1190)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
sorry bruv i cant seed your shitty 1080p torrents, after i download them i convert them to 720p in ffmpeg
>>
but I already do
>>
>>85216147
All anime made after 2011 is trash. K-On was the last good anime.
>>
>>85216189
>K-On
>good anime
>>
>>85216211
Stop being a contrarian. K-On is a great anime.
>>
but freeleech is only for 1080p
>>
I have a 1080p monitor.
>>
>>85216237
When you've got giabit internet the size of downloads is irrelevant

>>85216189
Nice bait
>>
>>85216226
nice opinion
>>
>>85216237
because 1080p filesize is too big
>>
File: 1633732148665.webm (282 KB, 640x480)
282 KB
282 KB WEBM
>>85216189
it's widescreen so it's automatically trash
>>
>>85216147
I did until 2020.
But nowadays, 1080p should be your default download.
I used to to play 1080p at first mostly because I got a new computer and I wanted to do what I couldn't on the old one..
Like 40% of the anime released in 2020 was mastered in 1080p (with 720p and 900p making up the rest), it took a while for the studios to move away from it.
I'd have told you that 720p is totally fine in the past 10 years but chances are if you're watching 720 nowadays, it gets you a downscaled release and you have no control over what's used to downscale it.
For example, SAO Ordinal Scale and Alicization were mastered in 1080p and it's extremely noticeable.
>>
>>85216147
I used to download in 720p because I only had a laptop with 1366x768, and it would run cool and quiet if I played 720p videos with scaling turned off.
But now I have a desktop with 1080p so I only download 1080p and then batch downscale them to 720p for laptop.
>>
>720p in 2022
you guys aren't serious are you? i stopped watching content in 720p like 8 years ago.
>>
Thanks, Moozzi
>>
>>85216147
Why 720p?
Also why anime?
>>
>>85216147
All of my anime is super bloated 1080p x264 FLAC and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>85216576
>you guys aren't serious are you?
Nothing wrong with 720p.
>>
>>85216189
>K-On was the last good anime.
K-On is THE reason why anime is how it is nowadays.
>>
>>85216147
I only torrent in 360p, sorry bro
>>
File: 1613621447976.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>85216147
Used to few years ago, but then 1080p x265 reencodes became common and dropped barely an hour after subplease, so it wasn't really worth it anoymore.
>>
I don't mind watching upscales.

On the other hand, I am greatly annoyed seeing that the topmost and the bottommost line of pixels in 1080p “Leadale no Daichi nite” are much darker than the other lines.

So this is an upscale from something slightly different from 16:9, right?
>>
>>85216147
Sex
>>
File: 164171117089.jpg (264 KB, 1544x1883)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
my 4K TV pixels deserve better
>>
>>85216189
>K-On was the last good anime.
More like the anime that ruined everything.
>>
>>85216147
stop torrenting tranime
>>
I have heard some jap comps have been DMCAing anime like N*ntendo.
What anime should I archive?
I have some space.
>>
720 scales well into 1440 and 4k
I imagine a lot more studios are probably baselining at 1080 these days though
>>
>>85217317
>I imagine a lot more studios are probably baselining at 1080 these days though
LOL!
>>
>>85217284
boku no pico. And be quick I hear they are going to take it down any minute now.
>>
>>85217072
not him but can you explain why?
>>
>>85216147
I recently saw a friend download a 480p version of an episode. It was so disgusting we haven’t talked since.
TL;DR: If you download/torrent anything less than 1080p, you’re a faggot and should be hanged.
>>
>>85217539
you would fail a double-blind picking 720 vs 1080
>>
>>85217425
>boku no pico
Nice try, I don't archive that shit.
>>
>>85217425
>>85217554
Anyways CP is not welcomed
>>
With 1080p video look like shit on a 1920x1200 monitor?
>>
>>85217485
it basically started the moeshit trend and lazy artstyle
>>
File: Compy Nuke Pepe.png (810 KB, 750x725)
810 KB
810 KB PNG
>>85217425
Yes... archive Boku no Pico for posterity
to "educate" future generations after
the upcoming nuclear war breaks out
>>
>>85216189
All the anime before 2018 is shit
>>
>>85217610
sneed
>>
File: 1603415957095.jpg (42 KB, 867x489)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>85216189
Based, look at them seethe.
>>
Isn't most anime still produced in 720p and then upscaled?
>>
File: 1642169745573.jpg (134 KB, 456x810)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>85216189
>All anime made after 2011 is trash.
based
>K-On was the last good anime.
fren...
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.22 MB, 1799x1043)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>85216147
Nah, I want 1080p. I'll buy another HDD when I run out of space.
>>
File: Attack on Titan.jpg (146 KB, 630x760)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>85217709
>All the anime before 2018 is shit
Such as Attack on Titan?
(2013–present)
https://youtu.be/2S4qGKmzBJE

Oh yeah ... Attack on Titan ...
a very "mediocre" anime "indeed".
>>
>>85218024
Attack on titan is a shit anime and a shit manga. Dropped after chapter 3 and episode 3 respectively.
>>
>>85218024
Could've picked better example lel
>>
>>85218024
Nothing beats the Monogatari series from the late 2000s onwards
>>
>>85217654
>started the moeshit trend
I can think of a few titles made by KyoAni in the same style. But for them - yes, it was a pivoting point because of its popularity, even Haruhi adopted the char design.
>and lazy artstyle
Depends on a studio. K-ON by itself wasn't lazy by a long shot, its graphics is still relevant and feels modern. Studios note that it sells, they hire Vietnamese artists who draw more moeshit and make bank.
I think people are to blame. That "moeshit" style is what messes with our brain the most, it is the most effective in capturing our attention and so, it will prevail.
>>
>>85216147
No.
Seethe, poorfags.
>>
>>85216189
Bollocks
>>85216226
The art is lovely and the girls are cute but there's really fuck all going on, they barely even do anything music related apart from one gig.
>>
>>85216147
No.
>>
>>85218230
>they barely even do anything music related apart from one gig.
Have you seen the number of music discs that came out with each season?
>>
>>85216503
Most stuff is still not 1080p, it's probably about 30-40% 720p, then another 40-50% is some random resolution like 810p, 837p, 864p, 873p, 900p, 910p, or 980p. Then the final 10-20% is actually 1080p.
>>
>>85218435
If you have to pick just one standard resolution you should pick 1080p.
>>
>>85216147
I'm gonna use the 1.5GB per episode 1080p ones and nobody can stop me
>>
>>85218518
I agree, since most anime these days is above 720p.
>>
>>85216189
A fellow K On chad

Don't get the hate, you got exactly what was advertised and it didn't over stay its welcome.
>>
>>85216147
Sometimes only 1080p is available or the 720p encode is ultra low bandwidth shit by [Cleo]. Even if the anime is clearly originally mastered in 720p and the 1080p encode a total waste.
>>
>>85217373
I wish they'd start baselining at 24 or 30 fps instead of playing the stupid resolution game.
>>
>>85217485
moeshit, aka anime for absolute retards without plot or anything else of value. For some reason it was so popular that made almost every studio stop putting any effort on their and just release this kind of garbage ad infinitum. It's basically kardashians but for autistic people.
>>
>>85218827
>anime for absolute retards without plot or anything else of value
Do you not understand what "slice of life" is?
>>
>>85219093
>Do you not understand what "slice of life" is?
a shitty and overrated genre? yes
>>
>>85219124
>shitty
Exactly. For one, classic SoL stuff like Ichigo Mashimaro or Hidamari Sketch are fucking boring. Compared to that, K-ON offered outstanding visuals for the genre and much more variety compared to the rest of SoL animes from that period. Viewers got 200% of what they were hoping for.
>>
File: 1627646349359.png (785 KB, 800x802)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
I torrent at 1080 because I have like 20 TBs of HDDs I just move it to when I'm done. Also don't have a data cap.
>>
File: adad.jpg (12 KB, 273x184)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>85216189
The last anime to grip my attention
>>
>>85219622
same but like 36TB

no data cap, massive HDD storage, and 1gbps internet

what reason would i have NOT to download 1080p?
>>
>>85219622
>Year of our Lord 2022
>Still using fucking HDDs
I get that it's more storage but do you really need that much porn? Go SSD already you pig
>>
>>85219622
>>85219669
Most anime is just upscaled from 720p or 810p, and most not with some fancy AI method but just run of the mill bilinear filtering.
The reason why you maybe wouldn't want to download 1080p is because the quality is actually better with 720p at the same file size (or the file size is ~70% at the exact same quality).
>>
>>85219694

I have two m.2's for 1.5gbs of storage, the HDDs are internal, plugged into an external case. They're purely for storage or emulating old games where load time isn't an issue
>>
>>85219716
see >>85218435


Most stuff is not 720p anymore and it hasn't been for a few years now.


Don't get me wrong, a good bit still is 720p, but not most.
>>
>>85219694
I have 1.25TB of SSDs (950 Pro m.2 for boot and 1TB 870 Evo for games/applications).

Then for HDDs I have
16TB
5TB
4x4TB

would be absurdly expensive to replace that with SSDs.
>>
>>85217539
The low resolution gives me a sense of authenticity and fun
>>
File: arMPZN7_460s.jpg (56 KB, 460x566)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>85219787

Yes. Mieruko and Douki were great.
>>
>>85219787
go back to the 'party
>>
>>85219770
Definitely most I have in my collection (I actually tested). But you are right, I don't know if it's "most" in general.
>>
File: isp angy.png (71 KB, 332x128)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
but cease and desist love letters make my mom scared ):
>>
>>85218024
Ima be honest dude. I started watching anime in the late 80's, almost early 90s, when the only way to get anime VHS tapes was to order them from magazines. I have seen so much anime and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Attack on Titan is absolute trash.
Trash story
Trash animation
Trash art style
and a Trash fan base consisting of mostly retards.
Attack on Titan fans are the rick and morty fans of the anime community
>>
>>85219838
https://anibin.blogspot.com/

this site used to get updated regularly but hasn't in awhile, but it tracked (or tried to track) airing anime and it's source resolution
>>
>>85219823
Fuck no, /qa/ is forever.
>>85219814
Ywnbaw
>>
File: 1636518330412.gif (2.82 MB, 250x313)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB GIF
>>85219787
sorry I don't want to be a woman.
>>
File: 1632964659930.jpg (25 KB, 427x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>85219787
>anime is le bad.. because it just is OK?!
>>
File: 1637769416133.jpg (113 KB, 960x827)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>85219888

I will surely be the woman
>>
just use stremio
>>
>>85216147
>>85216175
Based, me too, I convert them to x264 and decrease the color space for the authentic slightly washed out OVA look
>>
>>85219940
> 4 days ago
Another reason to shit on phoneposters tbqh. This date format is absolute ass, imagine if we used it on backups.
>>
File: Our queen .jpg (83 KB, 712x642)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>85219940
>>85219932
>>85219904
>>85219823
>>85219814
t. ranny
>>
>>85220050
let me guess, the comments all say “you’re beautiful” in typical plebbit fashion?
>>
>>85220050
lmao truly btfo
>>
File: 1632451135476.jpg (109 KB, 1024x1007)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>85219787
people who mass reply should be killed
>>
File: 1638969883275.jpg (54 KB, 407x599)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>85220050
>>
>>85216147
But anime often is 720p, and a proper downscale can save you space without much loss.
Source vs encode (upscaled)
>>
>>85216147
>torrenting anime
couldn't be me
>>
What I do is upscale the original resolution source to 4k using the bestest algorithms and motion interpolate to 60fps.
>>
>>85216147
i cannot tell the difference between the two because im retarded but choose 1080p because big number
>>
>>85220447
based and redpilled
>>
File: old.png (482 KB, 822x1200)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
I was wondering how all the shitposts itt were staying up and then I realised that this isn't /a/.
>>
>>85220447
how much effort does it take to do that to 12 episode series
how shitty is the result, especially the interpolation
>>
>>85216147
Nigger I would download anime in 4k if the nips would ever gather 500 food and click up from Dark Age.

I'm not going to glorify their turbo-nigger, fax machine methods just because they make my cartoons.
>>
>>85220718
4k anime production requires a whole new set of creator tools and workflow.

4k also tends to come with WCG/HDR and large surround sound mixes (DTS:X or Dolby Atmos).

It ends up costing like 10x as much as 1080p anime.
>>
>>85220746
No, it would just mean you need to use digital tools and stuff like Blender which literal Chinese cartoons are doing more than whatever backwards dumb drawing in Flash method the anime industry in Japan uses now.
>>
>>85220746
Time to start printing money.
>>85220166
I wonder then. Are there mpv upscalers that turn 1080 into 720 before upscaling?
>>
>>85220803
Lol, no

https://netflixtechblog.com/bringing-4k-and-hdr-to-anime-at-netflix-with-sol-levante-fa68105067cd?gi=861e5008819a


netflix basically spent the amount of money you'd normally spend on most of a 12 episode season of 720p anime to produce a single ~3 minute 4k anime demo.
>>
>>85216576
A lot of anime has 720p as its highest quality; anything higher is upscaled
>>
>>85220859
see >>85218435
It hasn't been mostly 720p in years.
Though as said, 720p is still common enough, it's hardly the standard anymore.
>>
>>85221183
iirc 2012 is when they started releasing higher quality. If I had to guess, that'd still mean most anime is 720p max
>>
>>85221223
Most anime throughout history? Sure.

Most anime that's newly releasing? Not a chance.
>>
>>85221252
>Most anime throughout history? Sure.
Of course that's what I meant
>Most anime that's newly releasing? Not a chance.
Duh, but I didn't specify new.
>>
>>85216189
children and teens are annoying. all media based around them is trash.
>>
>>85221307
Teens are hot.
>>
>>85216189
Ojamajo doremi was the last good anime
>>
>>85216147
No thanks. I'm sticking with 480p.
>>
hi
>>
>>85216885
>Intel Celeron B815
dude just buy a 2670QM they're like $20 these days
>>
File: 1622275727831.png (33 KB, 811x208)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>85216885
I'd guess you're trying to playback the file using your CPU for software decoding when you should be using the iGPU since it can do h.264 hardware based decoding up to 40Mbps.
>>
>>85221590
> 4.1 high
Not Hi10P, however. This really activated my almonds when the scene has switched to Hi10P and destroyed hw playback on tablets right around 2012.
>>
>>85221754
Yeah, I don't think Hi10p is officially supported by any widely used hardware decode blocks.

I think there is one random Chinese SoC (mediatek or some shit) that supports Hi10p decode, but that's basically it.

Everything else has to use pure software (CPU) decoding which is fine on basically any modern CPU, but yeah older stuff gets fucked.
>>
>>85216189
Literally all anime is trash.
>>
>>85221834
Says the guy on an anime website
>>
>>85221834
This, read manga instead
>>
>>85221888
I read LNs and WN more than I do manga :c
>>
>>85221858
>Anime website
Not particularly, no.
>>
>>85221977
Keep lying to yourself
>>
>>85221986
Not much to lie about. /g/'s just particularly obsessed with anime.
>>
>>85221977
It is though, no matter how much you don't want it to be
>>
>>85216189
>K-Shit

kek
>>
File: 1632382586653.png (627 KB, 1440x873)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>85222017
Almost as if they're on an anime website
>>
>>85219814
>unnecesary fanservice
also the concept and history is pretty decent
>>
>>85221910
What kind of LNs do you read? I kind of want to get into more, but I don't much about the medium besides the typical isekai trash which I don't want to read (of course).
>>
>>85222024
Yeah, whatever nigger.

>>85222073
No, not really.
>>
>>85222166
You'll start watching animu if you browse 4chan enough :^)
>>
File: 1637780884173.jpg (31 KB, 470x470)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>85217054
True chads browse in the living rooms with friends on 4k tvs
>>
>>85222212
As a matter of fact I have tried watching it, didn't like it very much.
>>
>>85222166
Deny it all you want, it's still an anime website
>>
>>85222291
Well, I watched my first anime in 2021, after over a decade of 4chan. I liked it, and started watching more.
>>
>>85216147
>ITT all anime after [year my childhood ended] is trash
>>
>>85220050
>>85220071
i dont bully or attack people for their appearance but
>me (an ugly trans girl)
self-deprecation gets my goat like nothing else
>>
>>85222329
Not really, no. Literally go to /biz/ or /sci/ or especially /lit/ and post anime, and you might just get called a fag, and it might very well be by me.

>>85222351
Hey that's great and all, but that wouldn't exactly make it an anime website, now would it.
>>
File: file.png (410 KB, 1559x876)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>85220047
Here you go
>>
File: 1641211138969.jpg (1.56 MB, 2420x1488)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>85222389
>Literally go to /biz/
>>
>>85222435
Yes, did you see the Exodus amounts of frogs? So now is this a frog website? Or is Pepe anime too?
>>
>>85222448
Not everything on the anime website needs to be anime related. Pepe and Apu are just some of the anime website's non-anime mascots
>>
File: file.png (59 KB, 1802x465)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>85222017
>>85222073
Samefag. I even did an experment the other day. Anyone who argues for this shit is just samefagging
> Anime website """debate"""
> (you) all the pro-anime website people, NOT the against-anime website
> Not five fucking minutes later, get a post saying "it's an anime website"
https://desuarchive.org/g/thread/85104419/#85110774.
Makes you fucking think huh? Do you just like arguing with yourself?
>>
File: 1611956158157.png (2 KB, 139x41)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>85222487
>every time someone else piggybacks on an argument it's a samefag
ebin
>>
>>85222448
It's kind of frog website. desu, I think frog posting is on the decline overall. It varies depending on the board but it feels less to me.
>>
File: file.png (84 KB, 912x558)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>85222500
> Pretending that proves anything
More importantly, do you think arguing with a random poster will cease the debate of "anime website"? Hell, the other person could love anime, and is just fishing for yous
>>
>>85222389
>Hey that's great and all, but that wouldn't exactly make it an anime website, now would it.
It's an imageboard - not a textboard, and as far as I know anime pictures, whether to expression certain feelings, or borderline shitpost, were always allowed on all boards. It was, and still is in many ways, dedicated to japanese animation.
>>
>>85222524
>> Pretending that proves anything
It may not prove it but it helps. Why are you so dead set on there only being one guy arguing with you about this when there's been 33 fucking unique IPs itt?
>do you think arguing with a random poster will cease the debate of "anime website"?
No, but it is something to do
>>
>>85222473
>>85222548
That would seem to make sense if anime wasn't almost universally shunned in some parts of it.

>still is in many ways
Yes.

>>85222487
>>85222524
We're all Anonymous here nigger.
>>
>>85222575
>That would seem to make sense if anime wasn't almost universally shunned in some parts of it.
it's not
>>
>>85222575
>That would seem to make sense if anime wasn't almost universally shunned in some parts of it.
Just because some boards have higher concentrations of people in denial doesn't mean it's not an anime website
>>
>>85222591
Go to /lit/ right now and I and other anons will be there to call you a faggot over it. Animeposting on /lit/ goes drastically worse than it does on /g/. You could say that /g/ is an anime board, which would make sense to me, but you're biting off more than you can chew with "anime website" IMO.

>>85222611
Whatever nigger. I feel like you're just trying to bait at this point. Just saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.
>>
>>85222659
>Just saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.
Literally applies to your side of the argument as well. Saying it's not an anime website over and over doesn't make it not an anime website.
>>
>>85222659
>Animeposting on /lit/ goes drastically worse than it does on /g/.
I browsed for two seconds, saw a guy post an anime picture, and literally no one cared. It's literally just a /you/ problem. Get over yourself and seek help.
>>
>>85222677
You seem to be missing the gist of the argument here, but in any case:
while(true):
print("It's not an anime website.")


>>85222700
Did you, I bet you saged, didn't you. I can't find a single one.
>>
>>85222765
>>>/lit/19735629
4 replies and not a single person cared. Please stop projecting your mental derangement onto an entire board. You can take the time to call him a faggot or whatever you do to make yourself feel better now.
>>
>>85222800
I don't even know what to tell you right now, other than eat shit and die, you absolute fucking moron. Get fucked, shithead.
>>
>>85222945
lmao is this what you do when someone calls you out on your bullshit?
>>
>>85222976
No, this is what I do when I encounter a passive-aggressive twat, cocksucker.
>>
>>85222659
maybe because lit is a nu-board? also the subject intersects less with people who watch anime compared to how it is on /g/uro.
>>
>>85222992
>passive-aggressive
Do you even know what that word means? I've disagreed with you quite clearly this entire time and provided a clean counterexample to the scenario that you made up in your head.
>>
>>85216885
just don't be poor. how the fuck can you not play 1080p in 2022. holy autism
>>
>>85223007
It's all the same to me.

>>85223020
Yes, I am very intimately aware of what passive-aggressive means, fuckhead. Take your shitty opinions and get fucked.
>>
>>85216859
>watching low quality reencodes
fuck that cancer, shit is so low effort now you have "groups" reencoding using NVENC with horrible settings
>>
>>85223050
>Take your shitty opinions and get fucked.
his opinion is 100% correct. also dont be so mean.
>>
>>85223050
>getting this mad because /lit/ doesn't actually hate anime like you pretended it does
lmao keep it coming. I'm here all day.
>>
>>85218024
>t. hasn't seen the ending
>>
>>85218024
now THIS is premium quality bait
>>
>>85223073
I disagree, and if someone's going to act like a twat I'm going to treat them like one.

>>85223082
I guess you like being insulted, okay. I fucked your mother in the ass for three cents yesterday and made your dad clean it up with his tongue. No wonder they raised a fucking cuck.
>>
File: 1359318601925.jpg (80 KB, 400x400)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>85223138
>losing it this much because you can't just accept that you're posting on an anime website
>>
>>85216147
No. I'm not torrenting anime in any resolution. It's trash.
>>
>>85223173
I cannot communicate to you how badly you've gotten your ass handed to you already. There's really not much more to say about it.
>>
File: 1418896216909.jpg (58 KB, 240x208)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>85223255
>u-u-us big boys at /lit/ HATE anime, don't let us catch you posting anime!
>actually you can find plenty of anime images and no one cares
>>
>>85223309
Lick my balls faggot. You know you want to.
>>
This was ideal back when anime was digitally mastered at resolutions of 720p or below (600p, 576p). Nowadays everything is mastered at 1080p or 900p, so downloading 720p WEBrips is technically downscaling.
>>
File: workflow.png (71 KB, 700x884)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>85220843
that's a really cool chart desu
they don't use any obscure software, just standard stuff
>>
>>85217425
free my nigga thad
>>
File: Untitled.png (2.11 MB, 1799x1043)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
>>85223050
>It's all the same to me.
Not quite. You'll often see anime viewers often sperging aboout uncompressed audio, or the better/best video upscallers if not run on a monitor where native res = video res. It's a subject which this board covers, but not really something other boards might necessarily be interested into. It is why /g/ converges more with anime than other boards.
>>
>>85220746
>what is upscaling with vulkan
God I fucking hate normies and normie companies
>>
>>85221360
Children are hot.
>>
>>85223622
you're hot.
>>
>>85216147
More are 910p native now these days so you lose detail by picking the 720p version
>>
>>85223838
>you're hot.
You're cold.
>>
>>85224405
You're yes.
>>
>>85224456
You're no
>>
>>85216147
Most shows these days are around 900p or 1080p. Start torrenting 1080p.
>>
>>85222403
So you just went and re-screenshotted that? Thank you, but you're too kind. I almost forgot about that.
>>
okay
>>
>>85224658
you're in
>>
>>85220047
Nothing to do with phone posters, it's a (great) 4chanX setting too.
>>
>>85223479
I want her to suck my finger
>>
>>85216226
>the vanguard of globomoeshit
>>
>>85224823
She sucks her own finger, actually.
>>
>>85224915
>women behave like toddlers
im staggered
>>
>>85224964
She's got some sticky sweet stuff all over her hands. Please be kind towards my autistic waifu, anon.
>>
>>85224906
You literally just slapped random buzzwords together. That made zero sense.
>>
>>85216367
What anime is this?
>>
>>85216576
I watch 720p anime. Easier to store across my devices and anything higher resolution is upscaled anyway.
>>
>>85225229
"Angel Dokuro-chan" or something.
>>
>>85225237
>anything higher resolution is upscaled anyway.
I mean, probably only about 30% of current shows are 720p, so most things you download in 720p is downscaled.

Though most is some random in-between resolution between 720p and 1080p. So you deal with 720p and downscaled content, or 1080p and slightly upscaled and potentially bloated content.
>>
>>85225271
>about 30% of current shows are 720p,
compared to about 3% of shows that are 1080p
>>
>>85216147
no
>>
>>85225307
yes, but most stuff is still above 720p

they use all sorts of resolutions, 768p, 810p, 837p, 860p, 900p, 910p, etc.

So do you want to downscale all of those to 720p just because you're autistic and don't want to have a little bit of bloat upscaling it to 1080p?
>>
>>85225229
>>85225247
It's also very unfunny. Don't watch it.
>>
>>85225328
>768p, 810p, 837p, 860p, 900p, 910p,
All of these are closer to 720p than 1080p, so your argument doesn't make sense. And I'm willing to bet you can't tell the difference either
>>
>>85224704
Me on the left.
>>
>>85225418
So your answer is yes, you're an autistic moron willing to sacrifice quality in order to save a little bit of space

sorry, but it's 2022, storage space is cheap.
Far easier to just download the 1080p version and know I'm getting the highest bitrate and quality possible, even if it is a bit bloated.
>>
File: cute.jpg (1.95 MB, 2560x1378)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>85216189
i only watch wholesome anime like pic related
>>
>>85225418
>All of these are closer to 720p than 1080p
I don't think that really matters. The point is that by encoding those at 720p, you're inherently sacrificing resolution since it's a downscale. Now how noticeable this actually is, is of course, debatable. It's also worth noting that webrips at 720p are so fucking shit and bitstarved nowadays that you should probably just get the 1080p no matter.
>>
>>85225686
Yeah, that was uhm... Well. Let's say those who have lost their shit over that on /a/ while discussing a new ongoing, wouldn't call it "wholesome".
>>
>>85225802
Yup, 720p streams are bit starved to fuck, i just download 1080p for everything these days. Even if there are a few shows where it wont matter, it's a couple GB of waste at most for a whole season.
>>
>>85217932
sounds comfy ngl
Might find a torrent of it
>>
File: 1617148513703.gif (737 KB, 500x461)
737 KB
737 KB GIF
what are some good anime to watch. the latest one i watched at patlabor (movie 1,2,3). is gundam hathaway good?
>>
File: qacouple.png (143 KB, 1200x804)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>85219888
Kwah was pro anime though
>>
File: Mami death.gif (284 KB, 245x249)
284 KB
284 KB GIF
>>85225686 >>85225912
their deaths and faces of despair
were quite wholesome
uwu <3

https://youtu.be/cMWQ5waOqBY
>>
File: USB drive.jpg (418 KB, 1173x1500)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>85225686 >>85225912
https://youtu.be/LdBkM40x7So
>>
>>85224043
As if an anime had details that matter
>>
>>85216189
>le do le i le fit le in le yet?
le no
>>
>>85226556
I'll still take the higher bitrate at the end of the day
>>
>2022
>people still believe kyoani invented moe and that k-on killed anime
oh wow it's 2007 all over again haha
moeshit like lucky star vs. nekketsu manlet power fantasy garbage like gurren lagann amirite brehs
>>
>>85216147
I used to do this, but h.264 is ancient and the only release groups doing hevc or based av1 releases are making 1080p
>>
>>85216189
>K-On
You spelled 'Konata' wrong and the anime is actually called Lucky Star.
>>
I miss checking anibin each season to see what was upscaled.
>>
>>85227571
That guy probably unironically died. I wonder what happened. Well you can use getnative at least.
https://github.com/Infiziert90/getnative
>>
I download 1080p downscale to 720p then upscale back to 1440p.
>>
>>85216147
480 good enough for me
>>
>>85216147
sorry anon i dont download anything below 4k
>>
>>85216885
anon thats so sad especially for a gentooman
i can loan you $30 if you want, send email
>>
Why do you torrent anime when you can just stream it illegally and download from the same website for free?
>>
>>85228152
Why would I pick some faggot web player over mpv?
>>
>>85228152
I mostly watch blurays, not airing streamed anime
>>
my wife and i lived in an apartment and had a 720p TV, so we downloaded 720p.

now we have a 4K tv, but my media PC cannot output at that resolution and I am not fond of the scaling, so it is set to 1080p, and I now download everything at 1080p.

If HEVC is not available, i find x264 at the highest bitrate.

no problems.

>>85219841
use a vpn faggot
>>
File: specs.png (40 KB, 812x621)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
I download in the highest resolution avaliable for all media and use MadVR. I have a good PC there's no reason I shouldn't use it.
>>
>>85216189
/g/ hated him because he told them the truth
>>
>>85216226
It shaped me into the woman i am today
>>
>>85223479
why the fuck are you not using no-border
>>
>>85222435
Please ser /biz/ is a crypto board
>>
>>85228959
/biz/ may have started as a crypto containment board but it's got much more now. I only use it for /pmg/ and /smg/
>>
File: 1641139951068.jpg (270 KB, 600x640)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
I archive my anime at 1080p x265. Get a bigger hdd if you can't keep up, storage is cheap.
>>
File: hayase_01.jpg (865 KB, 1441x1076)
865 KB
865 KB JPG
>>85226340
SDF Macross
>>
>>85229026
whats your archiving process? dump them into a folder? tar them up? do you make backups?
>>
>>85216147
>torrenting anime
no thanks
>>
>>85229207
There's no point in compressing video files. The data is already compressed when you encode them.
>>
>>85224906
>globomoeshit
kek
>>85228697
use mpv meme scalers, or madvr ones

These might help you anons, though I don't know if I'd consider them gospel: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1PJYwhjzLNPXV2X1np-S4rdZE4fb7pxp-QbHY1O0jH6Q/htmlview
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1emW2Zsb0gEtEHiub_YHpazvBd4lL4saxCwyPhbtxXYM/htmlview#
>>
>>85220166
mekakucity actors, right? such a weird anime.
>>
>>85216147
Shut up whore
>>
>>85216189
Anime has been shit since the turn of the century
>>
I only download my anime 1080p from YIFY, best quality Sirs!



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.