[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rat-race.jpg (635 KB, 1767x1103)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
Just deleted my github account with all my on and offline projects with stars and all the shit.

Anyway.
Tech is a fucking sausage party for freaking nerds and game fucking weirdos.
You will all get automated by some ML or shitty program in 10 years.
You will all be replaced by some third worlder that can do this job for way less money and in way worst conditions.
Enjoy your little online world full of borderline illegal ads to lure children into spending the credit card of their parents.

Bunch of fucking imbeciles.

>inb4 "not tech"
>inb4 "nice blog, didnt read"

Fuck you, you soulless faggots
>>
>>84472508
This guy is vaxxed for sure
>>
Sounds like you schizo'd out and will regret this.
>>
>>84472508
What are you gonna do now?
>>
>>84472508
we only get one life anon, do whatever it takes to make yourself happy with it.
>>
>>84472528
>>84472550
Not in the slightly. I'm actually glad I gained the freedom to do this. Quitting all this shit, as well as the websites, gave me some insight. Any way, letting go of tech should be something for every aspiring full time programmer out there.
I don't see people, merely a bunch of pushing pixels. It is a realm of extremely false potentiality and will make you sell your soul with all of your morals. Claustrophobic little world.
>>
>>84472508
So what you really mean is you're not good enough to make money so teen angst is your response.
>>
>>84472508
>You will all get automated by some ML or shitty program in 10 years
i've been hearing this meme for 30 years now, since you seem to know so much about the future, a proper date and year will be nice, I'm getting tired of waiting for a robot to do some pair programming.
>>
>>84472508
>offline projects
>github account
nice try, troll
>>
>>84472508
OP is cranky because apparently no one gave him a participation trophy.

Don't cry kid, not every retard can be a python fizzbuzzer.
>>
>>84472572
So what's the next step anon? Are you thinking retail work or maybe security guard. Hotel industry? Furniture craftsman? Locksmith perhaps.

Personally, I'm losing my programming job at a university because they are demanding a covid vax injection every 6 months. Thinking of going into importing exporting business.
>>
Nice blog wagie not reading
>>
>>84472576
I work in tech for some time now. After some time you just grow weary of all this stupidity and insanity. Tech is part of the entertainment industry. It is a mechanized world in decadence (save for things like Automation and AI, which will be our own abolition and doom)
>>84472582
You can fool yourself as much as you want, but it will happen. We have a big mass of entry level workers thinking they are 'living the dream' coding for some murican company on their shitty laptops inside a bedroom. I mean, each to their own I guess. We have all the apps that we ever need. There is nothing else, unless you want to put up with spaceships or whatever the fuck. Even then, this area will only be available to the elite.
>>84472586
"On and off" lol.
>>84472630
I wanted to get a badge, but indeed, they are all fake trophies so they can suck each others cock into this realm of nothingness.
>>84472663
I dont know man.
>>
File: 2.jpg (21 KB, 474x248)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>84472682
Good luck buddy
>>
>>84472663
>Personally, I'm losing my programming job at a university because they are demanding a covid vax injection every 6 months. Thinking of going into importing exporting business.

Quit while you can and make better decisions in life.
Even wandering your neighbourhood you will live a more fulfilling life.
>>
>>84472763
Are you vaxed
>>
>>84472725
>Automation and AI, which will be our own abolition and doom
You've obviously never worked in either or you wouldn't be concerned.

>There is nothing else,
I make money because I can read documentation and translate it into code to do accounting/business logic stuff. Literally nothing I do hasn't been done before, but because it's 100% mine, I am more agile than just about anyone.

There is ***all kinds of work*** for folks who can code if you're halfways competent, and more importantly, have the soft skills / business acumen to do more than just autistically write code.

I'm an "ex-pro" (ex-wagie) and I do a whole lot of other work in addition to this little coding niche, so I don't get burnt out or whatever. Don't underestimate the value of the skills you (can) learn as a dev.
>>
>>84472787
Im obliged to in my country. Not getting the jab and acting like schizo will only get you in more trouble. If you are afraid just go to your closest vodka or liquor shopping caлютcaлют
>>
>>84472798
>There is ***all kinds of work*** for folks who can code if you're halfways competent, and more importantly, have the soft skills / business acumen to do more than just autistically write code.

All unfulfilling and fucking unnatural to human nature itself. You want to pass the rest of your life typing to see things popping up on a little screen behind 4 walls? Congratulations, living the dream.
>>You've obviously never worked in either or you wouldn't be concerned.
Lol. What is git copilot and all the other ML that keeps getting created by literal rats on microsoft.
>>
>>84472866
>fucking unnatural to human nature itself
nigger opinion, human nature is very broad

>What is git copilot
Retardation with less talent than a low-tier street shitter.

>other ML
Gradient-descent algorithms *don't create*. At best, they're shortcuts to better algorithms with lower computational requirements.

>literal rats on microsoft
Exactly which ESL backwater do you come from anyhow?
>>
File: 1623458406785.png (61 KB, 670x632)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>84472508

cringe nihilist.

>Tech is a fucking sausage party for freaking nerds and game fucking weirdos.
And wall street is a bunch of mindless profit driven posers in suits. That's what tech always has been and always will be. weddev and related have lowered the barrier which means you no more need an iq over 100 or even a vain model. But tech at the core will always attract autists.

>You will all get automated by some ML or shitty program in 10 years.
Which means we'll have opportunities to do more creative and fulfilling jobs in the future. Doesn't mean whatever you're doing is futile. The future is built by optimists.

>You will all be replaced by some third worlder that can do this job for way less money and in way worst conditions.
You get what you pay for. You might be able to get away hiring a pajeet in the short term, but you have no right to complain when things start breaking in the future due to some niggerlicious code

>Enjoy your little online world full of borderline illegal ads to lure children into spending the credit card of their parents.
Its the law of the jungle. Eat or be eaten. Nothing you can do about it. The best way to deal with that is to make the world a better place. Contribute to charity. Clean up beaches. Donate to orphanages.
>>
>>84472924
Typing like a 4channer indeed. I can see that you are already on the pit too.
>>nigger opinion, human nature is very broad
Oh no, my n word, mom, need to use it to win this argument. Like working in tech and being an internet addict living like a rat is natural.
>What is git copilot
>other ML
Less talent ? give some more years to start replacing the masses of "just learn how to code bro" and fresh grads. The market is already a cesspool of absolute shitty code monkeys.
>Exactly which ESL backwater do you come from anyhow?
? shifting focus or argument ?
>>
>>84472962
> shifting focus or argument ?
Pointing out your abysmal comprehension of the language of dialogue, which are reflected in your comprehension of the other dynamics being discussed.

Stick to your native tongue and you might be persuasive if you restrict yourself to technologies developed the other niggers of your brown shithole.
>>
>>84472951
>>Pozzle posting an Ivy League cliche from the 2000s.

yeah right. good luck brother. Nice baits by the way

>>The best way to deal with that is to make the world a better place.
Oh yes, with your stakeholder capitalism right ?? and you sittin on your ass typing on 4chan like the rest of us ?
Have a good one man.
>>
>>84472982
You are most likely a NEET who never worked on the environment before. Plus, shifting the focus because the only language that you know in your stupid country is english, while people in other countries have to learn 3-4 languages before graduating highschool.
>>
File: 1635546041728.gif (943 KB, 220x344)
943 KB
943 KB GIF
>>84472983
>>
>>84473008
>the only language that you know in your stupid country is english
Let me know when non-English speakers actually do something noteworthy in tech. So far, we're 99% of the actual innovation. Everything you do is projection to cope for your incompetence. You whine about shifting focus when you can't even argue a single point on its merits by giving actual detail. Maybe that's how they do things in brown town, but not in English tech. t. IBM alumnus
>>
>>84472951
>iq over 100
Oh no, he uses online tests created by if clauses on python and random databases on websites infested with ads to rank his 'intelligence'.
>>Contribute to charity. Clean up beaches. Donate to orphanages.
The basic white savior complex with a cliche college line uploaded. Lol
>>
>>84472508
>>84472747
I agree but fuck you for posting Steve Cutts 2deep4u garbage
>>
>>84473046
>Let me know when non-English speakers actually do something noteworthy in tech.
Awful generalizations and more vague stuff
>"brown town"
Oh no, let me use the black people on my arguments again mom!!
>t. IBM alumnus
trying to credit himself on an anonymous board.
>>
>>84473083
>vague
You're so evasive that you won't even confess what your first language is, much less explain how your little backwater has any relevance to tech. All you post are pajeet-tier Reddit cliches. No evidence of an actual brain.
>>
>>84473046
Chinks are innovative as fuck, no matter what you say to cope. They think up creative ways to make their cheap products cheaper and more reliable. Scandinavian are light years ahead of anglos in radio tech. Russians are excellent electrical engineers. Japanese have near perfected manufacturing and automation in manufacturing
Anglos are just the Jack of all trades, master of none.
>>
>>84473098
>You're so evasive that you won't even confess what your first language is,
Argument ?
>much less explain how your little backwater has any relevance to tech
Half of the world are internet and tech addicts with serious mental health issues because of it.
>>All you post are pajeet-tier Reddit cliches. No evidence of an actual brain.
Because this is 4chan /g/ ? Browse and lurk some time, you will have a surprise to the quality of posters in this place

I will leave it here, have fun man.
>>
>>84472508
I'd like to see an AI write embedded code
>>
OP is a pretentious faggot.
>>
no ones ever done this before! You're so original and enlightened, Opie :3
>>
>>84473126
>t. written using 90%+ Anglo tech
Not saying there's no contribution from elsewhere, but all these other contributors are simply refining tech that was initially made for Anglos by Anglos, and if you can't come to terms with this, you're about as perceptive as this ESL dipshit who keeps insisting his position has some validity.

>>84473130
>Argument ?
Part of my argument has been for some time now that you can't even comprehend what is being discussed because of your poor grasp of the language of dialogue. Thanks for demonstrating.
>>
File: 1621313926796.jpg (230 KB, 811x506)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>84473055
weak bait. Here's you (You)
>>
>>84472806
Typical servile europoor.
>>
>>84472508
Even Tesla had to resort to manual labor because the automation process was error prone. We're nowhere near software engineering automation.
>>
File: (You).jpg (32 KB, 480x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>84472508
If you're some frontend webdev retard sure you'll be automated away, but anything beyond that is untouchable. If ML memes ever get to the point they can, say, write an entire Qt application interfacing with non-trivial backend stuff, plus maintain and adjust for new features/updates, then at that point all other white collar workers will also be out of a job. Indians can't do that kind of project either without producing some sort of unmaintainable abomination. It's your own fault for choosing the most low-effort, soulless subsection of programming work. I do work similar to my hypothetical and really enjoy it, plus I get to sleep easy at night knowing the code I write is actually helping people. Don't blame the field/society/whatever for the consequences of your own poorly-informed career decisions.
>>
>>84472508
Mad because bad
>>
>>84473451
All I see is cope and people trying to show off, somehow, on 4chan of all places in the net.
Programming is actually fraud
>>
OP are you trans?
>>
>>84473451
>but anything beyond that is untouchable.
Yeah, good luck with your logic man. Nice pic and yet another big bait to lure the kids lurking over /g/
Starting to think /g/ really is a bunch of children pretending.
>>
>>84472508
>you'll lose your job in 10 years so there's no point in making as much money from it now if you think about it
k
>>
File: EdgXKu9WkAAzPGq.jpg (40 KB, 800x552)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>84473451
Exactly, by that point we'll either be in some Star Trek type post-scarcity "utopia" or some kind of post-human dystopia. Much bigger problems to deal with at that point.
>>
>>84472508

Lmao stopped reading there what did you think technology was?

T. Autist
>>
>>84472725
>We have all the apps that we ever need
We haven't even begun to automate a lot of work in a lot of fields. At minimum programmers have years of work ahead, feeding AI systems information about how we do things so the AI can tell us how to do it better. We are running out of easy, cushy shit everybody can relate to, but when we need to ML jerk off bulls for their semen so we can automate cattle production, you're still going to need a programmer to oversee what the program thinks is best so you don't go ripping bull dicks off on your first few attempts.
>>
>>84472508
T. MACDONALDS WORKER
>>
File: 1607508317698.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>84472528
I'm vaxxed
>>
>dev = "tech"
>>
File: 1637920371568.jpg (13 KB, 192x192)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>84472508
Nice blog, git gud
>>
>>84474380
>post-scarcity "utopia" or some kind of post-human dystopia
already there, ppl just arent paying attention
>>
File: 1637406650268.png (279 KB, 600x2000)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
>>84472508
>OP
>>
>>84472508
>Faggot can't get a job
>Makes it everyone else's problem
>>
>>84472582
>ove been hearing this meme for 30 years
No you haven't and it's just around the corner. Better start dusting off that spatula
>>
>>84472572
IT field was sexy when the paycheque that came with it was sexy, but that lass hit the wall back in her 00’s, and now most of the sector (especially in my country) pays dogshit wages and expect stellar results.

My gameplan is to transition into investing and to work up a nice dividends portfolio that can cover my monthly necessities, by which point I’d have the option to retire from work, and the mere option to do that will fortify my negotiation position immensely; I would be able to tell dogshit employers to get fucked.
>>
>>84472572
I actually agree with you, but I have no other way. Shit is fucked in the world and at least I need some money to retire "young". Also, my girl wants to have a family, maybe I'll have something worth fighting for.
>>
>>84472508
good mornign sir. I am third wolrder. (Brazilian) thanks for the good news,. best regards
>>
File: hacker-news.webm (1.08 MB, 880x478)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB WEBM
>>84472508
>sausage party for freaking nerds and game fucking weirdos
>soulless faggots
>>
>>84472508
>sausage party
What is this supposed to mean? Do you want #wymyn-in-tech? Your wife is at home.
>>
>>84472508
How could you be replaced with ML? Where you that shit?
Do you think authors were replaced by word control?
>>
>>84472508
love this blog
>>
File: c3d.jpg (129 KB, 1080x1037)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>84472572
>It is a realm of extremely false potentiality and will make you sell your soul with all of your morals
>>
>>84472508
What's your plan for your future?
>>
>>84477119
same, cook burgers
>>
>>84472508
nice blog, didnt read
>>
>>84472866

OJust realize OP just finished readind uncle's Ted manifesto KEKW
>>
>>84472866
Natural just means it was designed by nature, it does not mean it's good or have a greater goal by itself.
>>
>>84472508
based and redpilled
>>
>>84472508
Nigger, what did you expect? Were you born yesterday?
>You will all be replaced by some third worlder that can do this job for way less money and in way worst conditions.
You've just contributed to this problem.
>Enjoy your little online world full of borderline illegal ads to lure children into spending the credit card of their parents.
???
>Bunch of fucking imbeciles.
>Fuck you, you soulless faggots
Seethe - the post.
>>
>>84472508
>Just deleted my github account
You've never written a line of production-tier code in your entire life, NEET.
End yourself.
>>
>>84472572
I have a pipe dream of doing something like this in the future, but it's way too soon to make any concrete plans, as I'm just now starting my career (still in College). But I hope to churn out enough cash in the first few years out of college that I can afford to make this kind of decision.

I've thought at length about it, and there's one thing that I think the whole plan has to hinge on: property. You need to own a plot of land in a low-density area with friendly gun laws, and you have to be able to enjoy the weather (don't set up shop in a cold place if you're not from a cold place). If you really want to detach yourself from Uncle Ted's future, you need something steadfast to attach yourself to, or you'll just implode.

I have 0 experience making this sort of move, but I really think the advice is good. How are you gonna delete social media, throw away your phone, and then live in the city? Even the fucking restaurant industry, the least techy industry in existence, will make the customer use the smartphone in some way just to sit down sometimes (especially post-covid).

So yeah, get some property, get a dog, get a woman who's down with all that, and learn about plants and agriculture. Before you make your final departure, go to your local library and check out every book you can think of. Get helpful books for cultivating food and treating illness and stuff, but also load up on the classics. Then just leave, and never return them.
>>
>>84478415
Yeah, that can be nice. Not quitting all tech, but living with only the minimum of the minimum required.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.