[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hey /g/, my old laptop died and i need to replace it. what's a good laptop for a /gay/mer these days?

good battery life matters, as does a good keyboard. needs a numpad so by bf can do his work.
>>
>>84470928
thinkpad t series
>>
>>84470928
Dell D830
>>
>>84470928
>gaymer laptop
>good battery life
Figure out what you ACTUALLY need and just be content with it being below mediocre at best at the other.
>>
Legion 5
>>
I bought a MSI Alpha due to good CPU + 16GB RAM + NVMe and a 5600M GPU for 800€ in a really good deal.
The key about MSI Alpha's is that you get a Steelseries per key light configuration.
>>
>>84470928
>>>/v/
>>
precision 7520 with upgrades from chinese ebay
>>
Battery life mostly depends on how you use it and the size of the battery.
If you turn off the dGPU, set some reasonable power limit for the CPU and have a reasonably sized battery there's no reason a gaming laptop should have worse battery life than some low-power piece of shit. In fact the higher binned CPU might make power saving a bit easier, actually.
If you game on it full blast (actually impossible to really do on many laptops since they are power limited on battery alone, but it's OK if you only use EITHER the CPU or GPU at full throttle) then battery life will naturally suck, but who plays games in places where no socket is available, so that's a moot point, no one cares.
For programming, writing, browsing and the like you can get as much battery life as you could reasonably expect considering the size of the battery.
>>
>>84470928
Unironically Alienware from Dell. Get the most powerful model and buy all of the warranties. Get 6 mo “same as cash” financing and pay it off in 5 months.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.