[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1637883861491.jpg (34 KB, 992x558)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
*Honest edition*
Read the sticky: >>76759434

>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt
>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt
>PC building? >>>/g/pcbg
>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt
>Good, cheap, laptops >>>/g/tpg
>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg
>Server questions >>>/g/hsg
>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread: >>84446922
>>
Having issues with hard drive space and so I downloaded SpaceSniffer and it shows Nvtelemetry.log.bak taking up 220 GB of hard drive space ; what is it and how can I make it not eat up half my hard drive space?
>>
>>84470152
Define it properly. Consider factors such as:
>are prostitutes allowed?
>can it work with a sex robot?
>>
>>84470138
she looks like a care bear
>>
With true wireless earphones, is having them fall out of your ear a big problem? Are certain designs better than others?
>>
Is it a myth that 1000+ FPS can damage the capacitors on you graphics card, even if the measured temps aren't that high? How long would it take for this to happen?
>>
Is SSD lifespan a meme? I've had the same SSD as my main OS drive for 8 years and it's still passing health checks with 100%?
>>
File: --03:56:56.900-0008.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>84470152
1. Convince a girl to have sex with you
2. Hire a hooker
3. You don't. Chastity is celebrated among all cultures.
>>
Does anybody make TVs these days? All I see are all-in-one computers with locked down OSes (aka smart TVs) I want HDMI input. component and composite would be nice too. I don't want to spend big bux.
>>
>>84470231
sort of. no well-made GPU would allow itself to burn out like that.

However, during the lanch of New World, some EVGA cards had a defect that meant this limiter didn't function, combined with a bug that allowed the menus in New World o un at an unlimited framerate, meant the cards would simply cook themselves to death.

But again, any good GPU has frame limiters so they don't work too hard, sort of like how any well-made CPU will shut itself down when reaching like 100c degrees
>>
>>84470218
Yeah it is, I own some $15 chink ones, they song ok, they don't fall but they "detach" from the ear tunnel by themselves. Wearing them swapped solves the problem ironically.
>>
>>84470252
oh, and when I say unlimited I meant unlimited. usually "unlimited" in games actually caps at like 999 because it'd be fuckigns tupid to render more than you could posibly see or even display. NW didn't have a cap, at all.
>>
>>84470242
>Chastity is celebrated among all cultures.
is that why "incel" is the new buzzword among first worlders?
>>
>>84470171
>Nv
Nvidia?

>>84470233
Huge meme, they totally outlast HDDs unless you write to them continuously for years.
>>
File: 1637613136583.png (1.19 MB, 1280x824)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>have system on 256GB SSD, still at 100%
>have spare 120GB SSD, old, currently at 84%
>...
>thinking of moving my web browser caches over to the spare SSD, because
>1) it will use up the remaining life on that SSD which is currently doing nothing and is too small for any other purpose, while preserving my precious main system one
>2) possibly provide a speed boost? I mean, theres got to be some hit when the system, the browser AND the cache are all running from the same disk at the same time, maybe having the cache on a separate disk relieves some of the burden/bottleneck on the main disk?
Based or cringe?
And if based, would moving the entire browsers over to the other disk be even better than only moving the cache? Or is this move based enough for now?

>>84469977
check on kimovil
>>84470152
take the prostitutepill, fren
>>84470249
i haven't seen a proper plain tv in years. theyre all smart tvs aka telescreens now. mandatory daily 2 minutes of screeching at russia at your smart tv, otherwise theyll cut off your food ration. that is our world soon.
>>
is there some standard domain for checking for popular commercial web filtering solutions in network
alternatively is there a domain that is in all common blocklists (or most of them) and is not something like cp or such
>>
>>84470305

yea
>>
>>>84470248
the issue I have with samba is that it's more of a pain to work with on linux, which most of my clients are, and I didn't feel like setting it up for one client. Maybe this is a stupid way of thinking, but the way I see it is that if something is designed to work, thre shouldn't be any problems with me getting it to work. Why use something else is NFS can also do it, and I already have NFS anyway? IDK, I'm not the kind of person to just switch all my systems over because of one issue, and so far NFS has only given me this one issue.

Basically I'm the kind of autist that would ratehr bash my head into a brick wall over and over than figure out how to navigate the maze, bad analogy I know but it sort of works

My home network is offline most of the time anyway so security isn't a big issue to me either.
>>
>>84470233
It's a meme for modern SSDs of respectable manufacturers. Mine's a 4 year old Toshiba, I whip the shit out of it with VMs and SMART shows 90% of life left. Anyways, nothing exempts you from making backups.
>>
I've got a 2080ti, and a Radeon HD 6870.
I'm trying to make a VM that can remove the 2080ti from my main Arch system, and use it for the Gaming Virtual Machine, while at the same time using the 6870 for my Linux system. Then after I turn off the VM, it re-enables my 2080ti for the main system.
Are there any good guides for doing this? not specifically with these cards, but maybe something like a guide on how to do this with a GPU and a CPU's integrated Graphics.
if not a guide, maybe point me in the right direction for the information to do it myself.

I've gotten qemu, Libvirt, and Virt-manager working. Now I just need to make it do what I want. I still need the GPU on Linux most of the time. Only occasionally would I need it for Windows only reasons, and I'd still like to have my Linux system active and useable on my secondary monitor. Even if it means I'll have to use a second Keyboard and Mouse. I don't mind.
>>
>>84470233
>Is SSD lifespan a meme?
Yes. Over 10 years ago a group of people on a forum ran a bunch of large scale r/w tests. I'm talking petabytes of data reads and writes continuously for months and years. The conclusion at the time was that fears of wearing out the memory were overblown.

That said, when SSDs fail, they do so suddenly and totally. Unlike spinning rust where you can read most of your data even if a few sectors go bad. In other words, keep good backups.
>>
>>84470252
Fuck. I just realized a game I was playing had that problem and was running at like 1500 fps in the menu, control panel vsync apparently wasn't working.
>>
>>84470249
yeah they are called monitors
>>
>>84470433
I don't need curved 240 Hz though. And large monitors are insanely expensive.
>>
Looks like ublock origin doesn't block ads on youtube anymore, is there a good adblock for chrome?
>>
>>84470449
Then take your meds and simply don't connect the TV to the internet ever.
>>
>>84470465
blocking youtube ads is incredibly difficult these days, ebcause the ad stream is sent from the same server as the video, you a simple host block doesn't cut it. you'd need to find something that can disable the part of the webpage that displays the ad, which I'm not sure of anything that actually does that.

Maybe ABP, or malwarebytes if you're willing to pay for it
>>
>>84470465
It does.
>chrome
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/uBlock-Origin-works-best-on-Firefox
It's Chrome's fault not uBlock
>>
>>84470465
use invidious
>>
File: file.png (362 KB, 700x493)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
really stupid question here.
this is the Thermaltake Core P200 Pedestal Case, and it looks like exactly what I want for my next PC case; slim, lies flat, still fits my 360mm rads

but I can't find anything about what size motherboard it supports, and the official chart says "N/A", does that mean it doesn't support a motherboard? Whats the point then?
>>
File: telemetry.jpg (250 KB, 1680x1050)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
Deleted geforce and restarted and it's still taking up 200+gb of hard drive space
>>
File: Virtualbox_logo.png (170 KB, 512x512)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
is there something like virtualbox except as an operating system so that I can access the full resources of my machine through each virtual machine with minimal overhead?
>>
>>84470743

Should I just delete the files?
>>
>>84470743
That's pretty fucking funny considering it's Telemetry but very clearly a bug.
>>84470770
Yeah, they're completely worthless files. People have said updating their drivers fixed this issue or just reinstalling, but you should delete it regardless.
>>
>>84470598
Not sure, but from looking at the Thermaltake webpage for that case, it looks like that "case" is meant as an expansion off of the Core W200 case.
>Extend your cooling expectations with the Thermaltake Core P200 Pedestal. Designed for the Core W200 chassis, the P200 adds more expandability to users who is looking for additional cooling and power performance.
So it seems like, no, it doesn't support a mobo, because it's just an expansion for the real case.
>>
>>84470598
>amazon page
>Motherboard Compatability ATX
>>
i have a wooden floor and im starting to realize an office chair really ruins it and scratches it.
how do you call some kind of plastic cover so that it doesnt get the floor all fucked? can i DIY one?
>>
>>84470882
I had one of those once. You can get them from office supply stores
>>
>>84470764
QEMU
>>
File: file.png (325 KB, 1021x557)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>84470837
thanks, thats what I thought. Shame, it looks really nice. Do you know of any other cases with a similar look that could fit a 360mm rad and a full size ATX board?

>>84470854
the official chart on thermaltakes website says "n/a", and I'd trust that over some sketchy site like amazon any day
>>
>>84470893
thanks that seems perfect for what I need!
>>
>>84470904
>Do you know of any other cases
No, sorry. Try over in >>>/g/pcbg
>>
how can I set up openVPN to only tunnel deluge on ubuntu? I want to use the VPN for torrenting, but not for anything else on that server
>>
>>84470764
>access the full resources of my machine through each virtual machine
Please elaborate. If you want full-fledged virtualization you're going to have resources overhead
Remider that VBox can tune how much cpu/ram can each VM take
Reminder that Docker exists. It's NOT a VM and provides little security but hardware access is on par with native apps
>>
>>84470138
I got a bunch of txt files with numbers on samples. The sample number looks like this:
It always starts with 70 following six numbers. Like 70200563 or 70658514.
It's a txt file that is used to import data to a sql database so there's a lot of | and ^ at the begging and end of the numbers.
There's also longer numbers from barcodes that is irrelevant.
What I want is a python script that goes through each file and searches for a sample number that I inputted. And when it finds that number the python script outputs the name of the file and the sample number. The hardest part is finding a regex for the number finding without including the long numbers from the barcodes.
>>
File: shrug.png (4 KB, 306x269)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Is there a media player that supports surround sound on Windows10?
>>
>>84470965
yes, all of them. or at least, any one made after the year 2000
>>
>>84470935
In your torrent client configuration, there should be an option to set the network interface that it uses. So, connect to the VPN and set your torrent client to use that network interface.
>>
okay so ive been trying super old keyboards with DIN5 and i figured out the following
>AT 85-key keyboards from the late 80's dont work at all with a mini-din adapter
>keyboards with a windows key generally work fine
>keyboards without a windows key generally dont work
>old keyboards through a DIN5 to minidin6 adapter may have function keys not working
so how do i get, for instance, this mitsumi's shift keys to work
https://deskthority.net/wiki/Mitsumi_KPQ-E99ZC
>>
Is it acceptable to talk about vtubers in a job interview if they ask about my hobbies?
>>
>>84470973
Even VLC?
>>
>>84470987
no. get better hobbies, as well
>>
>>84470997
What is a socially acceptable hobby I can learn enough to make basic conversation in a short time?
>>
>>84470950
Nevermind it hit my right after I posted:
([7][0][0-9]{6})
Question is if it will find barcode numbers if there's a 70 some where followed by 6 numbers.
>>
Is there a good way to replace multiple substrings from a string in Python or should I just do something like

for replacement in (
("{", "{{}"),
("}", "{}}"),
("!", "{!}"),
("+", "{+}"),
("^", "{^}"),
("#", "{#}"),
):
row["Title"] = row["Title"].replace(*replacement)
>>
>>84471077
>>84470950
\b([7][0][0-9]{6})

It werks!
Thanks!
>>
>>84470310
i'm so glad no one responded to you and never will
one day you'll go back to /pol/ and get the attention you desire
>>
>>84471070
biking, hiking, camping, reading, music (pick normie stuff)
>>
>>84470987
If you are applying to a vtubing related company it might not be a bad idea. Otherwise avoid.
>>
>>84470252
Are GPU health checks possible? Or is it just a matter of listening for coil whine?
>>
>>84471146
cooking is a good one too since almost everyone has to do it to live
>>
How could I safely install a hackclient for a video game without getting a virus?
>>
>>84471279
Trust your source, or do it in a VM if possible (though obviously gaming in a VM isn't usually very ideal) If you're getting it from some random forum then idk man you're playing with fire, try virustotal or something though it might not be too helpful since those tools are often flagged even when legit, but it's usually not that hard to tell those kinds of false positives from legitimate AIDS
>>
>>84471390
Thank you very much
>>
can you boot from an NVMe that's installed via PCIe M.2 adaptor?
>>
can someone give me the rundown on devops, RAD, agile, and other methods like em?
>>
buying a new laptop, tell me if i'm retarded
first thing i did was looked at cpu benchmark, exceeded current cpu so that's fine
enough ram/ssd space, and not gaming on laptop so ignoring gpu (radeon vega 7)
am i missing anything? cpu is amd ryzen 5 5600h, never had ryzen before. anything i should know?
>>
What you guys do when the internet thinks you are a spambot?
>>
>>84472165
Only happened to me when i am using VPN/Tor. In those cases i simply did the thing without using said service. (Or perhaps just trying to access the site from different node.)

I guess you could also try restarting the router to get new IP from your internet provider, but i am not sure it would really help.
>>
Why can I run the latest Linux kernel (5 something) on my laptop from 2012. But my S8+ is stuck on 4 (something)?
>>
Two questions. Anyone know if AMD did a restock this morning?
Also does stuff like ublock or other adblocker extentions interfere with the AMD queue redirect?
>>
>>84470939
I just wanted a way to easily switch between virtual machines on my thinkpad with limited RAM without running something like virtualbox on top of windows 10 which uses 40% of my RAM before any virtual machine has a chance to use those resources. So I'm going to use a really really light weight linux and then use QEMU like the other guy suggested.
>>
>>84472464
No one is stopping you from compiling AOSP from source, other than Samsung's shitty bootloader and drivers that it is.
>>
What is worse for a laptop battery, keeping it plugged in 24/7 while using or using it unplugged and charging when necessary?
>>
>>84472634
Check qube os, it sounds like what you want and a bit more.
>>
>>84470138
Has the youtube-dl download speed been fixed yet?
>>
Has there ever been a case of a cloud storage provider losing customer data? I'm assuming they have their own backups or methods of redundancy, their profit margins must be tiny.
>>
First option but only if you continue to charge it at 100%, doing this kills any battery at record pace.
>>
>>84472723
use yt-dlp, much better
>>
How do I download high-quality audio from Soundcloud (320kbps)? What settings do I need to set in yt-dlp?
>>84472665
Best way to maximise battery life is to keep it closest to 50% whenever possible, in a nutshell. Also best not to let it completely discharge. Depending on your laptop brand you may be able to limit charging past a certain % (possible with Thinkpads)
>>
>>84471922
Ryzen likes fast memory, also use passmark CPU bench charts for comparison if you didn't already, user benchmark is biased as fuck.
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 586x550)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>84472771
>How do I download high-quality audio from Soundcloud (320kbps)? What settings do I need to set in yt-dlp?
Have also tried making a Soundcloud account, but am getting this error. Not a problem with my email address it seems, because it blocks a number of my throwaway ones with a clear error about the email.
>>
>>84472748
doesn't seem to work for me
When is youtube-dl going to be patched?
>>
How quickly do new generation chips affect old gen prices? Was going to buy a $1900 laptop with an 11800h and a 3080. Seems like laptops with 12th gen chips are just a few months away though. If I wait a few months, would I be able to get a similar laptop with a new chip for a similar price? Or at the least, would the current one I want drop significantly?
>>
>>84472640
Okay, thanks for the info. Also is /e/ OS a good alternative to the stock S8+ rom? The only thing stopping me from using it is that it only has unstable builds.
>>
>>84472665
I've been using my laptop plugged in with battery for 4 years, last time I booted to Windows it told me my battery health is at 10% or something.
>>
>>84470138
Is there an equivalent of the Aurora store on iOS? Seriously question by a iNoob coming from Android.
Also, I just got Cydia. What now?
>>
>>84470978
yes but i want nothing else to use the VPN. when i start openvpn, everything gets pushed through it, i want to only push deluge.

I do have two NICs, how can i configure open VPN to only use one of them? and everything else to use the other? or is there an easier way?
>>
Which setup would be better for recording my voice live? A classic XLR microphone plugged into an audio interface, or one of those USB microphone? I will be recording from my desk and I'm looking for fairly budget options under $100, if you have any recommendations please throw 'em at me.
>>
>>84470138
If i put thing in recycle bin does computer go faster
>>
File: 1611268877369.jpg (104 KB, 765x767)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
What's the safest way to sideload apps with Cydia on iOS? I want to install Youtube++ but without getting a virus
>>
>>84473037
On KDE's network manager you can ingest an ovpn config and in the routing options you can set to ignore automatically obtained routes, this is basically the same as having route-nopull on your ovpn file.
>>
>>84473213
How much of a pain is it to keep a jailbroken iPhone? Every update ruins it and from what I remember way back when I did it a lot of apps that continuously update will quickly require you to update OS version.
>>
>>84473324
I'll answer your questions, but I warn you that I'm drunk, high, and insane. Phone is Iphone 6 12.5.1 with the A8 I think.

>how much of a pain is it to keep a jailbroken IPhone
I don't know. I came from Android rooting. The only reason I even have this IPhone 6 is because it was literally the only phone I could afford at the shop at the time, and I had a job interview in 15 minutes. I lost my sweet customized LineageOS Pixel 3A the day before. What I mean is, the last time I installed Cydia was on my IPod Touch first generation. That was about ten years ago.

>updating the OS
It's retarded on my rooted Android too.
>says system update available
>try to patch it
>fails
>applications may or may not do the same thing
>I have no idea what to do about it
>Pretty much expect the iPhone to do the same thing

Not updating totally does make you more vulnerable, but it is such a pain in the ass with rooted devices sometimes.
>>
File: 1585359536213.png (547 KB, 720x405)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>84473428
Keep practicing anon. Everything is harder on mobile. You'll get it. Keeping shit updated is much easier on Android.
>>
What is the /g/ alternative to MPC-HC from ages past?
>>
>>84473288
i dont have a DE installed; this is on a headless server. do you know what the kde applet is changing on the system? perhaps i could do it via the terminal in a few commands then
>>
I'm looking into trying out a VPN. Doing a simple search of "best VPN" almost always nets the same 3 results - Nord, Surfshark and Express. I'm considering Nord, are they really that good? Anyone here currently using them? How painless(?) is VPN setup on linux for a first timer?

>>84473499
What OS? For a video player in general, or for something that looks like MPC-HC?
For the former, maybe mpv? https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv
For the latter, mpc-qt? https://github.com/mpc-qt/mpc-qt
>>
>>84470203
Is that the "hot" Theranos chick with the pretend tranny voice I heard about sometime ago??
>>
>>84473622
VPN for what purpose?
>>
File: lataus (1).png (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
is it worth to get an Exos x16 or Iron Wolf Pro for internal sata storage? i need to backup my 4 hdds into a single place and then just start using that single drive.
>>
>>84473622
For some uses, you can use any VPN, but for others you need specific ones
>>
File: ramhalp.jpg (283 KB, 1565x932)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
sorry if this isn't the right place but i am looking to add another 8gb of ram to my laptop but idk what amazon is asking here, what do they mean by "style"?

also I guess I have some Micron OEM ram that came with it, this should be safe right? I can post the cpu-z report or whatever, but mine at the moment is CL 22, 3200 mhz
>>
>>84473532
Yes, it is just a front end for network-manager which is what you should have installed, there is nmcli with the same functionality for headless servers, instead of launching openvpn client directly, digest the file with
nmcli connection import type openvpn file my/vpn/VPNID.ovpn
then issue something like
ipv4.never-default
to the new vpn interface and start it up, once you get it working getting deluge to only use the VPN interface should be easy.
>>
>>84473799
>>84473732
I would say for P2P mostly? I don't know if I've been throttled or there's some work being done in my area but it feels like a lot slower lately, to the point where I can't even browse anymore, while the dl/ul speed feels like 1% of what it's supposed to be.

I think I have everything set accordingly, port forwarding in the router, etc. I used to get 7MB/s+ down but nowadays I would be EXTREMELY lucky to get 1-2MB/s AND actually be able to browse or watch a video at the same time, instead everything just halts
>>
Why does hitting my monitor finally make it turn on? It's really starting to go out. Also why is there pink around the edges when it's dim or on a black screen? No it's not from me hitting it, I only hit it now, and this was showing up before I hit it.
>>
File: takedown.webm (536 KB, 522x470)
536 KB
536 KB WEBM
>>84473826
>vpn for piracy
Nord, Proton, or Windscribe will work just fine with their paid versions.

>i dnt wanna pay at all
EZ, just use Tribler or keep signing up for free ProtonVPN accounts every week
>>
>>84473811
thank god, this does sound pretty simple. i asked the other day and in my own looking around the net people were saying id have to fuck with routing tables and scripts and shit, i knew there would be a simple way to do this.
>>
File: 71tsQqsqD7S._AC_SL1500_.jpg (87 KB, 968x1500)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>WD Blue 2TB 7200RPM 3.5"
>$46.99
Does anyone here have experience with the 7200RPM version of this drive?
I want an extra drive to store all of my TV shows, movies and comics
>>
>>84473826
sounds like you might have a separate issue. are you on wifi? what internet speed are you paying for? what kind of router?
as far as VPN, i've been using torguard strictly for P2P for quite a few years now and have had no problems.
>>
>>84473911
Yeah honesly I can't pinpoint the problem properly and that's really only why I was considering a vpn, I'm grasping at anything really
Yes I'm using wifi, via whatever box my provider gave me + my own router (Linksys WRT1900ACS)
I've forwarded the ports and a quick port check says they're open
I have ufw installed, using plasma-firewall as the GUI. By default I have all outgoing allowed and all incoming ignored/rejected
The ports being used by qbittorrent/transmission/whatever is allowed all incoming/outgoing
>>
>>84473911
>what internet speed are you paying for?
I missed this, sorry. It's supposed to be 110mbps down and 10 up I think
I actually get the up via speedtests, I'll try to torrent some linux isos and see if the up is the same as well
The down though, I actually only get 20mbps via tests, and this is true for p2p as well. Regardless of the down speed though, I can't browse or stream videos at all without facing long load times as well as video buffering
>>
>>84474066
>>84473982
what kind of connection do you have? DSL, cable, or something else? paying for 110/10 and only getting 20/10 is pretty lousy.
do you get the same speeds with a wired connection? is your PC's wireless adapter 802.11ac?
what hardware is your ISP providing, just a modem? or is it a modem/router combo? if it's a modem/router, does download speed improve if you eliminate your router?
you can do a trial of whatever VPN service to see if that fixes the issue, but i don't think it will help.
>>
What crypto tracking/tax tools do you use? Kinda looking at koinly it looks like cointracker is kinda expensive
>>
>>84474145
you're better off asking on /biz/ mate
>>
i'm trying to make like 1000 instances of a struct in c, like name1, name2, name3, how do i use the value of i in the variable name?

for(i<1000){
struct Names name{0}, i;
i++
}

i wish this would work
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 400x400)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
So, I bought a TCL 50C725. It has an "AV Input" 3.5mm jack and came with Y/R/W RCA to 3.5mm cable. (see pic)

I want to use my PS2 with the TV, however I plan on getting component cables for it since I have none atm. Would it just work if I plugged the video cables into the Y/R/W connectors? Or would the TV just not do anything since it thinks it should be receiving 1 video and 2 audio lines?
>>
File: file.png (59 KB, 1206x218)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>84474454
This from the manual is what made me think it may not work
>>
>>84474440
apparently this shit is called "dynamic variable name" and neither c nor c++ has it
amazing language microshitters
>>
File: 1594217984820.jpg (39 KB, 633x314)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>84470138
>>84472961
>>84473213
>>84473324
>>84473428
>>84473489
My goal was to install ad-free YouTube on my IPhone. My journey has taken me through exploits and Cydia so far. Very fun.
Once I got Cydia, all I had to do was add this repo to my Cydia and install it:
https://repo.hackyouriphone.org/add?id=ytpp
I got a warning in Spanish that the repo contained illegal/copyrighted content. Sheesh, really trying to make me feel like a criminal just for wanting to block ads on JewTube. No wonder everyone laughs at iToddlers. You have to actually be a hacker to even block JewTube ads. Then again, the same holds true for Android.
Also, why the fuck is Youtube++ a debian package? Does iOS accept Debian installers? Can some expert please explain?
>>
>>84474454
are you trying to:
A) PS2 composite out -> component cables -> composite input on TV
B) PST component out -> component cables -> composite input on TV
C) something else?
bit confused by your question
>>
>>84474492
>https://repo.hackyouriphone.org/add?id=ytpp
my bad, it's repo.hackyouriphone.org only
Also, why isn't there an iOS tweaking general?
>>
>>84474507
you can make one, or talk about it in /fag/ or /spg/
>>
>>84474503
Yeah sorry about the wording bit tired.

Was hoping for B but have a feeling TV would only allow composite and not component.
>>
>>84470233
basically, yea, if you were at any risk of wearing one out through writes, you'd know, because it requires pretty exceptional usage
>>
>>84474520
you can't connect a component output to a composite input without a converter. if you get composite cables for your PS2 it will work with that breakout cable
>>
>>84474543
Yeah what I thought. will buy a cheap converter for now then and maybe an OSSC later, been holding off on that though since I have no use for scart but thanks.
>>
File: 1637511645871.jpg (66 KB, 550x550)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
How can I be sure I haven't misconfigured my router to allow incoming IPv6 connections?
I was playing around with some settings a while back and I wonder if I've been fucked this whole time.
>>
>>84470138
I have one of those jump starter power banks that needs recharged and I lost the original AC power cord to recharge it. I do have a Belkin 45w universal ac adapter.

The power bank calls for 15V @1A and the Belkin adapter has settings for 5v, 6v, 7.5v, 9v, 12v, 13.5v, and 15v all @3A.

Is it safe (for the power bank) to use the 15v@3A to recharge it or do I need to switch to a lower voltage?
>>
>>84474113
>connection type
I don't know how to answer this, whatever tech can support 1gbit? Fiber I think?
It's odd, like I said before I could get 70mbps+ down and I could still comfortably browse or stream as if there's nothing else using bandwidth, I even hit 13MB/s downloading the MH Rise demo on steam a while back
it's only recently that this started, I only noticed maybe a few weeks to a month or so ago
Right now I'm running the xfce manjaro torrent from distrowatch and it's doing 200KB/s-1.5MB/s with youtube stuttering in the background
>wired connection
I have never used wired before, I'm multiple floors/walls away from the boxes
>PC wireless adapter
My motherboard is the MSI X570 Tomahawk, with the built-in networking
From the product page it says it's Intel AX200 (Supports 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, MU-MINO Rx, 2.4GHz-5GHz (160MHz) up to 2.4Gbps)
I'm on the 5GHz band and maybe going to 2.4 might change things, I'm willing to try anything at this point
>ISP hardware
I was given only 1 box, which is modem+router. I always turned off the router functionality and plugged my own because the previous boxes couldn't provide a signal strong/stable enough to where my system is
I haven't tested it without my router, but thanks for asking the quesiton and giving me the idea, I'll try unplugging it
I honestly don't think a vpn would solve it either, maybe the cables got some wear and tear or maybe there's some maintenance being done somewhere? For either of those cases though I figured I would just get disconnected
>>
>>84474417
they are all retarded though
>>
>>84474656
>I'm multiple floors/walls away from the boxes
this could be it. it's possible that back when your connection was good there wasn't much interference, but other people's wifi routers/microwaves/wireless telephone handsets/etc. can make your wifi quality shitty.
run a wifi channel scanner on your PC to find an open channel and switch your router to it
definitely try 2.4ghz as well, it's better for distance and wall penetration
>>
>>84474647
more amps is fine. fewer amps or different voltage is bad.
>>
how the fuck do I make an analog mic pick up my voice properly? no matter how hard I yell at my mic, I'll always sound like I'm speaking from the other end of a room, and if I try to artificially fix this problem by cranking the gain up, a constant static noise joins the frey on top of other irritable unwanted noises such as my own breathing, key presses and mouse clicks.
>>
>>84474781
what mic
>>
File: ovh fire.jpg (154 KB, 2560x1159)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>84470882
Carpet protector

>>84471421
Yes, if your BIOS supports booting from NVME. Very old motherboards (pre-2012) won't boot.

>>84472728
There have been and you'll see that the customer is still responsible for having backups in the contract. Even if this were not the case, it would be retarded to not have your own copy since someone can hack your cloud account or you can delete stuff by mistake.
>>
>>84473082
USB microphone, Fifine make cheap ones with decent quality.

>>84473209
It makes no difference.

>>84473720
>Theranos chick
Yes, she's trying to weasel her ass out of jail now.
>>
>>84470993
yes, keep in mind even dvd supports surround sound, it's been a standard feature for two decades
>>
>>84474664
you're right, but they're the only ones who mess around with this. I remember going on there once a seeing a decent thread about crypto taxes, but it would've been about 6 months ago now
>>
>>84473800
Looks good, should work. Find your CPU's spec sheet and make sure it supports 16GB of memory, Intel likes to gimp its lower-end chips with an 8GB limit.

>>84473858
It's dying, replace it.

>>84473910
Experience doesn't matter, pretty much all HDDs for home use are the same. If the price it right, buy it.
Backups are still a must.
>>
Is it possible to use a laptop that doesn't have an OS installed on it as a second display?
If yes, how?
>>
>>84474440
This, and *many* other things are just not possible with C/C++, stick with a better language.
>>
>>84474903
I know it's dying, but why does hitting it help?
>>
>>84475342
you can disconnect the LCD from the board and connect it to something that adapts it to HDMI or DP
>>
I accidentally formatted the wrong partition when installing Linux. It was an APFS partition, and the drive is an SSD. Am I completely fucked? I read that wear-leveling causes the SSD to erase unused blocks after a few minutes, is that true?
>>
File: 1634414703802.jpg (137 KB, 1011x1238)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>84471119
>t.
>>
>>84471119
lmao, what are you even triggered about?

>>84470310
have a (you)
>>
>>84475631
if you can recreate the partition in the same way it was setup then run a check disk it should recover some files and place them on the lost and found folder, not sure about APFS though, try photorec or something like that first.
>>
Is there anyone here that knows about bluetooth?
All the ways i have tried to google a solution just end up with me doing the same shit (which doesnt fix the problem).
I have a USB bluetooth dongle into my computer and i am trying to use a set of wireless earbuds.
The range on the earbuds are EXACTLY 1m.
It claims to go up to 10m or 4m with obstructions which there is none.
The dongle is bluetooth 4.0 and the earbuds are bluetooth 4.2 if that matters.
>>
Over the last few days my keyboard and mouse just randomly stop responding. While the keyboard lights go off like it's been disconnected and it stops responding, the mouse still stays lit but doesn't respond. The mouse has those meme buttons on it that control the cursor speed (different colors for different speeds) and if I press them when it happens they don't change. However after I restart the computer they'll change to whatever color I had pressed when it wasn't responding.
Does anyone know what could be causing it? It's really fucking pissing me off because it means I can't save any work when it does happen.
I thought it might be that thing where the USB ports will randomly stop working (that thing about them drawing too much power or something) but that's solved by plugging the peripheral into a new USB port. That doesn't work with this though, I have to switch the computer off at the wall just to restart.
>>
>>84476103
Don't buy cheap chinese shit.
>>
>>84476147
Are they corsair or razer products linked through a shared software?
If they are both crapping out on you at the exact same time that would be my first point of call.
If not try using a different USB slot or a USB hub to see if anything changes.
>>
In yesterday's thread, someone kindly gave me the following script to set 4chan's style to 'Tomorrow' and the catalog image size to 'large' by default. However, only the style part works. How do I get the image size part working? I have tried the values 0, 1 and 2 for the slectedIndex but they dont seem to do anything.

// Set image size to 'Large' (not working)
var sizeInput = document.getElementById('size-ctrl');
if (sizeInput) {
sizeInput.selectedIndex=2;
sizeInput.dispatchEvent(new Event('change'));
}

// Set style to 'Tomorrow'
var styleInput = document.getElementById('styleSelector');
if (styleInput) {
styleInput.selectedIndex=4;
styleInput.dispatchEvent(new Event('change'));
}
>>
>>84476193
They are not cheap Chinese shit.
>>
Considering buying a new router since I've been using this Archer C5400 since 2017.

Not up to speed on router tech, the router I'm currently using was top of the line back then but I get some drop-outs that I didn't use to get on mobile devices. Repositioning the router unfortunately isn't possible right now.

Considering getting this router but I'm not sure what I would be losing or gaining feature or performance-wise.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-OneMeshTMand-HomeShield-Archer-AX73/dp/B092B15ZNW

Like, how would it compare to this eyesore of a router.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Archer-C5400X-MU-MIMO-Tri-Band/dp/B07GG4FY6K/
>>
>>84476103
Have you tried using them in different settings? Perhaps there is something in your environment interfering
>>
>>84476232
Different settings how? I just connect them and disconnect them, they arent that advanced.
>>
>>84476249
Different locations
>>
>>84476201
>Are they corsair or razer products linked through a shared software?

Nope, the keyboard is Turtle Beach and the mouse is msi. I even plugged my phone into one of the same ports to see if it would start charging and it did, I just don't get it.
I've noticed that sometimes when I restart it just hangs on the login screen too, but it did that from time to time anyway so I think that might be unrelated.
I'll try different ports though and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.
>>
>>84476271
Of the house? I mean sure i could do that its going to be a lot of fucking around tho.
>>
>>84476274
Honestly using turtle beach products i would just go get a new keyboard. Overpriced and break easy shit.
>>
>>84476294
No, go outside for example. Or to work, school, wherever you get your tendies etc
>>
>>84476307
I only bought it because it was cheap and I needed a new keyboard. You're right though, I only had it about a month and it started chattering. I think I might get one when I get a new SSD, might be the best solution.
>>
>>84476324
Oh you mean test it on my phone or something.
>>
>>84476224
>Repositioning the router unfortunately isn't possible right now.
Money doesn't buy more watts, WiFi is weak by law. If you want more coverage, attach another WiFi access point to your router and place it in another room.
>>
>>84476494
My concern about adding access points to the primary router has always been latency, is that something to worry about?

The other concern was that my older router might be degrading performance with age. I didn't used to get these sorts of drop-outs that I currently experience with my Switch or smart phone.
>>
File: 1543747406752.gif (427 KB, 857x994)
427 KB
427 KB GIF
>>84476519
Normal wired access point don't add latency but repeaters or mesh systems do.
>>
Is this Microsoft Office activation script legit?
https://github.com/abbodi1406/KMS_VL_ALL_AIO/blob/master/KMS_VL_ALL_AIO.cmd
I can't understand what it does...
>>
>>84476207
Bumping. Its a script for violentmonkey/grasemonkey
>>
>>84474440
Dude, it's called an array:
struct Names names[1000];

There's literally no reason to have dynamic sequential variables when arrays exist.
>>
>>84476537
Pretty much what I expected yeah.
I want to get this router relocated so I can get the strongest signal for my devices, and actually connect my PC to it, but that isn't gonna be happening any time soon.
>>
File: Armourcard-BLOCK-R2.png (209 KB, 1280x815)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
do these actually work? will they permanently disable nfc in cards/passport if they're exposed long enough?
>>
>>84477140
What is that? Tinfoil that goes over the card?
>>
I send Monero via my online wallet, and it didn't give me a transaction ID, so I can't input this to the seller to show I've paid. Will a TXID be revealed when payment goes through, or do you need offline wallets?
>>
>>84477351
oh, i realised it will show once it goes through. got worried.
>>
What should I do to get a job without a degree? I know my shit, and in future want to finish college when I have enough math knowledge.
I know C with stantards and want to get some real experience, but I have no clue if HR will give me an even low paid job for start. I mean I need good experience, maybe gamedev.
I do solve problems at hackerrank, or codewars. Learn algorithms and doing my way to finishing calculus. I need money and I'm desperate. Help please anon. I know i'm a fucking loser.
>>
>>84477394
If you main C you should probably look for work with embedded systems. Gaming uses C++ mainly, and business usually uses stuff like Java or C#. As for actually getting hired though, idk. Might want to get a wagie job for cash while you blast out 1000 applications hoping to get through the automated resume filters. Other than that, you'll need networking. Maybe attend events/conferences and build some relationships to get your foot in the door so you can get past the blank line on the resume.
t. Employed guy who never had to search for a job
>>
>>84477446
Just what I needed, thank you so much. I'll do my best.
>>
Can I transfer files from my PC to my newly bought NAS via direct Ethernet link? I mean sour if the pc straight into the NAS
>>
>>84477471
Yeah. You know a router is just another computer, so you're really just cutting out the middle man. That being said, unless your NAS has routing software set up, you might have to manually set up the connection.
>>
>>84477500
alright
my pc is connected to the network via a power line that’s capped at 30Mbps
since I have some 4TB of shit to transfer, I figured I’d rather bring the NAS to the PC and connect them directly
>>
I played RDR2 yesterday and my GPU was running at 75c on average at stable locked 60fps
today my GPU is running at 58c on average and still at stable locked 60fps
is this normal? is it because it underclocked itself since it doesn't need the extra power? I didn't check the clock speed yesterday so I can't tell
>>
File: 3334357300264677.jpg (82 KB, 727x875)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Is she ok? How many years? How much bail?
And how much money in the mattress for when she comes out?
>>
>>84477805
--->
>>84470138
>>
>>84477140
it's probably just a piece of sheet metal (or has a metal film on it)
if so, yes, that would stop nfc cards from working, provided the card is right next to this, and no, it would have no affect, temporary or permanent, if the card is moved away from it
the idea is that it prevents the antenna in your nfc card from picking up a strong signal, since this sheet of metal will sink most of the power
>>
I wonder if she does anal
>>
>>84477471
See what happens. It could be you need to assign them IP addresses manually.
(that's why it's a good thing to make them manual from the get-go instead of waiting for a situation where the DHCP server isn't there)
>>
File: 1619498898971.png (60 KB, 190x181)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Is it possible to make a website and then prevent people from accessing it with a phone?
>>
>>84477863
It's a trouble, requires analyzing stuff and shit.
>>
>>84477909
I see. Now for an even more retarded question.

Let's say I only want people who are using higher-end PCs using a website. Is it possible for the website to communicate somehow with the user's computer to check for hardware specifications?
>>
>>84470138
How do i get around a ban? Changing your IP isn't hard but is there an easier way? I was told i can post on a vpn if i just clear my browser cache but it doesn't work it still says my IP Range is banned
>>
>>84477954
probably the only reliable way to do that is to run something cpu intensive in javascript for a moment to measure the cpu speed
though really, you best bet is to simply make a ui that needs a high resolution screen to be comfortable, generally desktop websites suck on phones and so most sites have special alternative versions for display on phones, so just don't do that and most phonefags will be put off
>>
>>84478140
Somehow I didn't think of that, but it makes the most sense.
>>
>>84478147
Another thing you could do is just have a warning on the site that it requires a high end device. If someone wants to visit and have a shitty experience on their phone, why not let them?
>>
>>84478147
well if you don't browse the web on a phone then it's natural you wouldn't know much about browsing the web on a phone
the only phone browsing i do is to look for something quick to fap to in bed, but even that poultry usage it's still obvious how important a phone interface is for websites on phones, my go-to fetish site uses a pretty old school at this point interface which is very much not meant for phones, and it's barely usable, like for example the menu buttons require you hover over menus to see the list, something you can't do on a phone, so i'm lucky the menu opens and stays open by holding click to bring up the context menu, then cancelling it
basically yea, do desktop-y things like large spaces you need to scroll and zoom around for, and things you need to hover over to use, etc
>>
>>84478180
>If someone wants to visit and have a shitty experience on their phone, why not let them?

I'm thinking of making an image board in the future. I believe that people who post from their phones contribute to a general lack of discipline and overall quality and simply wish to avoid them at all costs.
>>
>>84478147
>>84478200
oh and of course use small links, like just link the text "First 1 2 3 4 Next Last", so you can't fat-finger them and have to zoom way in to single them out, super phone-unfriendly
>>
>>84478201
Makes sense, but I think you're still better off just making it hostile to phoneposters. E.g. have click and drag captchas, don't implement a mobile version, etc. Might not want to constrain by performance or screen aspect ratio because some posters would be on potatoes with vertical monitors, but you can make it a massive pain in the ass to not use a mouse.
>>
>>84478229
>>84478255
Very helpful anons. Thanks.
>>
>>84478255
>>84478201
yea, unfortunately using a performance test won't really work, unless you hate frugalfags as well
like my 2008 thinkpad would surely fare worse next to a high end phone in a javascript benchmark, not to mention even on my desktop i prefer palemoon, which isn't exactly a speed demon even on recent hardware
vertical aspect... eh, not too reliable, phonefags can just rotate their phone, and actually on my desktop i use vertical tabs and put a terminal next to my browser, so the actual page area on my desktop is ... ok it's not quite vertical, but it's almost square, it's also under 1280 even though i'm on a 1080p monitor, which i have seen sites mistake for a phone because it's "low res", as if everyone fullscreens their browser
>>
>>84476103
Do the earbuds work fine with your phone?
I have the same problem as you, PC gives ~3m distance with no obstacles (Bluetooth 5.0 PCIe adapter) while the phone allows 6m through walls, even more without them.
>>
File: 1628071289008.png (541 KB, 891x597)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>84470171
>Nvtelemetry.log.bak taking up 220 GB
use cmd / powershell and tail that file last 10 - 20 line to see what's inside
>>84470316
you might want to run your own dns resolver and monitor query from there (like using pihole or blocky), otherwise try using NIDS like Snort or Suricata
>>84472728
not exactly cloud storage but ovh fire few months ago is a close example
>>84472891
supply/demand
>>84473858
something are loose. open it up, prepare a lot of flux+solder wick then resolder everything
>>84474641
double check the network interface and routing tables
>>
>>84477140
Don't buy branded shit, these are cheap in dollar stores and EBay/Aliexpress.
>>
Let's say I have millions of somewhat valid emails and a decent knowledge of programming, how can I profit from this? Legally of course
>>
File: 1637939649879.png (723 KB, 1067x2091)
723 KB
723 KB PNG
>>84477805
>mattress
Not much, she wasted most of the investors' money on her expensive lifestyle and on paying criminals to harass whistleblowers.
Her "billionaire" status was based on the value of Theranos, but that value is exactly zero today.
>>
I want to make a website ¿what's the quickest most simple way of doing it?
>>
I have Rosetta Stone 3 installed and all the 5 levels of English but I can't get RS to recognize the mounted ISO.
Does anyone know the folder structure of the installed language packs?
I am asking so I can just copy everything from the ISO and paste it on the designated folder.
>>
>>84476207
Why doesn't this greasemonkey script work? TELL ME, YOU COWARDS!
>>
>swipe up from the bottom edge gesture on the touchpad of a bluetooth keyboard connected to my android tablet launches chrome
Why and how do I disable this?
>>
>>84471922
Make sure you get dual-channel RAM. It's not AS important if you're not using the iGPU for much, but you should still avoid anything with single-channel RAM (unless you want to upgrade the RAM yourself, in which case you should make sure the laptop allows you to do that).
>>
>>84478517
Create a html file with a text editor.
>>
>>84479563
And then?
>>
File: 1447857251303.jpg (39 KB, 240x226)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
I'm trying to choose between Philips 65PUS 9435 and 65PUS 7906
(For watching movies in a dark room, and Steam Linking some casual vidya games)

Here's a comparison: https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/dec71dd64c

It would be an easy choice since 9435 is a VA panel.. BUT I don't know where they get this information from. On the Philips website, I found this document that doesn't mention anything about what panel it is. It just says "LED LCD"... https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/65PUS9435_12/9000-series-4k-uhd-android-tv-bowers-wilkins-sound-with-ambilight-3-sided

So if they're both IPS I should probably just go with 7906 since it's from 2021 right? I don't really give a shit about the soundbar.
>>
>>84479677
Rent a VPS and drop your file into the public html directory, and name it index.html.
>>
I want a server so that I can play around with a few different things including,
>data hoarding
>website hosting
>email server hosting
>sending and retrieving files (images, audio) through my phone.
>fun LAN stuff
>web scraping

what equipment do I need to make this happen? I want to buy something today.

Do I get a 2 bay synology and two 1 TB for data hoarding with it? Could I communicate to it with my phone? I guess if it doesn't have wifi, I could go phone <--> computer <--> NAS, right?

Or a low end i3 Intel prebuilt computer for just handling all this traffic? Redundancy isn't really a concern for me unless you can convince me otherwise. So a single 1TB HDD would suffice.

thoughts?
>>
File: 1393495027857.jpg (33 KB, 428x323)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
What sidebar extension for firefox should I use?
Must not be proprietary.
>>
I have an itx case (node 202) that can fit in my backpack but the backpack has no padding to protect it. Do I need padding to protect it and if so should I buy 1" thick memory foam to use as protective padding or is there a better way?
>>
I'm a complete retard that needs a new home router. I think our internet speed is 1,000Mbps.

Are the wiki router recommendations up to date? Should I just buy one of those? https://wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/Routers#What_routers_does_.2Fg.2F_recommend.3F
>>
>>84480022
First, checked.
Second, any computer can be a server, but buying a prebuilt NAS system will come with bells and whistles like having a lot of NAS systems preinstalled and configured and nice dashboards. Get the NAS if you want to get up and running fast, get a regular clunker if you want a project (which will be good to learn how everything works anyway).
Typically, one plugs a NAS into their router via ethernet and gives it a static ip, then everything can connect to it via its local ip address, e.g. 192.168.1.5. Synology might already do this for you, or walk you through it during setup, I don't know since I've never had one. Here's what you'll want on it:
>data hoarding
>web scraping
gallery-dl, yt-dlp, a torrent client, etc.
>website hosting
Apache or Nginx
>sending and receiving files
Not sure, but I'd bet Synology has some solution. Or you could try Nextcloud. Though typically, you'd want a server for each different type of content. E.g. video->Jellyfin, audio->Ampache, images->Booru
>email server
This one's kind of a bitch, but here's a setup script some guy pieced together from his own experience:
https://github.com/LukeSmithxyz/emailwiz
>LAN stuff
This is pretty much dependent on the programs you're running. Generally all you need it to install the program's dedicated server, make sure your server has a static ip, and forward ports on your router.
>redundancy
Always recommended, but if budget is an issue it can at least be put off. Basically the rule goes: only skip backups for data you don't care about. If you're only keeping movies that you can just go re-torrent, no problem.

Also check out >>>/g/hsg. It's not always alive, but that's your go-to for home server info
>>
Are there any big email providers that don't ask you for your phone number?
Or at least if they ask you, it's just for one-time verification purposes which does not lock you into mandatory 2FA.
Does google asks for your number on account creation just for verification or enforced 2FA?
>>
>>84470171
If it's in ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NvTelemetry then you can safely nuke it, the file I mean not the entire folder.
There's no reason it should take that much space, do you not update your GPU drivers or something?
>>
>>84477863
Make a Java Program using a desktop only UI
>>
File: 434.png (26 KB, 375x385)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>84470138
>try to emulate ps3
>works fine
>check the performance
>cpu usage 100%
How harmful is a 100% usage in a amd cpu? i don't want to fry my cpu.
>>
>>84480240
thanks for the info, anon!

I guess my best bet will be to by a cumputer with a few HDD slots available and run a NAS system on it. I should be able to use it for other projects like website hosting, data scraping while it has NAS, right? or is NAS like as OS that needs it's own container?
>>
Where can I get my hands on a wufuc. Every link from every video or site keep leading me to a dead link.
>>
>>84480328
NAS typically just refers to a system running samba/nfs which makes certain directories available to other computers on the local network. So yes, you can use it for anything else you want, too.
>>
I'm pretty new to buying internal HDDs, from what I can tell by scouring the archives: Avoid SeaGate and don't by SMR
I see a WD Red Plus NAS CMR 5400RPM 4TB on Amazon for a good price, do NAS drives have to be connected via network? Can I plug it in directly and use it like I have with HDDs in the past?
>>
>>84480511
NAS drives refer to the construction of the drives. IE NAS drives are designed for long-term reliability and large capacity with slower speeds. You can use it like any other drive, but it might be pricier and 5400RPM is horrendously slow for desktop usage. Good for archiving stuff though.
>>
Look for an LGA1700 ATX Mobo with NVMe slots, but all I can find is ones with M.2 slots. Is this the same thing? How do I know if I'll get NVMe performance from my Mobo?
>>
I installed a missing python dependency via .whl file but pip cant recognize the version after installing. What do?
>>
Are neural networks like Machine Learning with steroids?
>>
>>84480706
m.2 is the form factor, NVME is the standard it uses. So All NVME will use an M.2 style slot, but not every M.2 slot is necessarily NVME. I think most M.2 slots support it, but it should say somehwere in the specs.
>>
Why does my second monitor default to HDMI AV input instead of HDMI PC? I have to manually change the input every time I boot so that it doesn't cut off the edges of the screen and look like garbage I'm using a Viewsonic VX2433m
>>
Anyone around who understands router specs? I was looking at the TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) and don't get the difference between data transfer rate and the internet plan suggestion here. Why's it say it's good for 300Mbps whe nthe data transfer rate is 1750?
>>
>>84480797
>>84480706
whenever I CTRL+F one of the mobos that has a few M.2 Slots, it rarely mentions NVMe
>>
File: original.jpg (172 KB, 650x456)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
So I made a vultr VPS and I really liked it, then I tried to use it as a wireguard VPN tunnel for torrenting and they went full hebrew on me.

Is there any euro based VPS that's quick, cheap, and will toss (((DCMA)))s in the trash?
>>
>>84470138
is english legalese turing complete?
and if so, could you write a program in it and have a compiler spit out a working program?
>>
>>84480897
1) probably not
2) if it was, then by definition, yes.
>>
File: NVMe....png (9 KB, 423x89)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>84480797
For example, this uses PCI M.2, so I *think* it should be NVMe compatible, but it doens't say NVMe anywhere on the specs page
>>
>>84475342
Buy a driver board for your lcd model. They are 20-30 bucks on ebay. I went through this. Wanted to mount an old laptop screen i had lying around that had a dead backlight, too much hassle. Might work 10 times better if it has a working backlight. Ended up buying a used monitor for 40 bucks on fedbook.
>>
File: DumSex.jpg (29 KB, 173x142)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>Doin CCNA
>Trying to figure out the math part (convert binary to hex and all that)
>Forget that I was literally pulled from math class in 4th grade for being brain dead retarded and dragging the average of the class down
>Fuck.png

Is there an easy way to understand this shit, and assume that in terms of math, my level makes the average nigger's iq look like Einstein?
>>
>>84481167
khan academy is your friend
>>
For some reason 4chan banned my IP range from posting images, and every server I try on NordVPN is banned. I don't want to pay for the pass, what can I do to be able to shitpost again?
>>
>>84479836
If they don't mention the panel type, then that TV model is a scam – they'll shove whatever panels are cheapest on that particular day. There is no relationship with any panel manufacturer, they literally buy the bottom of the barrel shit that other TV manufacturers didn't want to touch. It works just like outlet stores but for panels.

DO NOT BUY.
>>
What the hell does miui optimisation actually do? I had to turn it off for some APK thing but it stops images uploading in bromite when it's disabled and I don't notice anything any time it's on
>>
Is it normal for a company to have to work on part of a repo as part of the hiring process for developers? I got a response and said that they want me to work on one of the issues on of their github repos to see if I'm capable of working for them
>>
>>84481277
sounds like a shit company. Don't work for them if they aren't paying you.
>>
>>84480864
They're probably labelled PCIe (the ones you want) and SATA.
>>
>>84481277
They're either incompetent or have no intention of hiring and just want to get free work out of you.
>>
>>84481351
>>84481393
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep looking
>>
File: 1614669522040.png (664 KB, 754x721)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
best task reminder and note taking app which works both for pc and android don't care if its property
>>
File: 1637955731507.png (43 KB, 1024x331)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
I'm trying to understand how Usenet works, am I correct In saying it's a centralised server and when I pay for access to a Usenet service I'm only paying for access to their service at whatever rate they meter to me?

Also I found this explanation online
>As the only true uncensored and unrestricted communication network around, Usenet continues to be the most secure, reliable, and fast way to search, access, and download files and articles. Unlike the Internet, Usenet offers fully unrestricted downloads and access speeds with a truly free exchange of content and information.

Which makes no sense to me seeing as all the service providers seem to charge you.
>>
>>84480332
https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/wufuc.html

>>84480857
Probably an element of BS in there, but routers can have a hard time handling super high wan bandwidth, particularly with VPN. Also your wan is capped at gigabit, so you'd only ever see higher than that on local traffic.

>>84481212
Find a different ISP. VPN posting is against the rules, and they're not hard to blacklist.
>>
>>84481513
Google Keep, honestly. If you can handle the Google of it all
>>
>>84474734
Right. I forgot this was a thing, thanks for reminding me
>sudo iwlist wlan0 scan | grep Frequency | sort | uniq -c | sort -n
> 1 Frequency:5.18 GHz (Channel 36)
> 2 Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
I guess there's at least 2 devices out there on channel 11, one of which is me?
I'll try a few different things out, if all else fails I can always call it in or maybe change providers or something

>>84476207
>>84476821
>>84478850
From a quick glance, it seems like 'size-ctrl' doesn't exist. If you inspect the catalog page you'll find out that what you're trying to change is 'index-size' instead
>>
>>84480022
>1TB HDD
You'll regret it the next day. Anything smaller than 4 TB should be SSD. The best cost/capacity ratio for HDDs is around 6-8 TB.
>>
>>84481612
what will you recommend right after it, and to clarify i should have just a todolist+note taking app
>>
My Kindle keeps saying "1 min left in chapter" and ;ReadingTimeReset does not do anything. Do I need to redownload the book or is there a new way to do it on the new Paperwhite 5?
>>
>>84481167
there probably wasn't anything wrong with you, you probably just missed some important foundational stuff from 1st through 3rd grade and it kept snowballing and then you gave up.
like the other guy said, try the khan academy site and start from the absolute beginning even if you think you know something already.
https://www.khanacademy.org/math/k-8-grades
>>
okok this feels like the dumbest question I've ever asked but
how do I watch an age verified youtube video without verifying my age
I don't want to give google my ID
>>
>>84480327
It's fine, you're worrying for stupid stuff.

>>84480511
>Avoid SeaGate
Genius move, limit yourself to the only vendor who sells SMR NAS drives.
>>
>>84481731
copy the video ID and paste it at the end of https://yewtu.be/watch?v=
>>
>>84481782
ty anon
>>
>>84480779
Have you installed it in the same environment? How did you even install the whl?
>>
>>84481731
https://github.com/zerodytrash/Simple-YouTube-Age-Restriction-Bypass ?
>>84481782
What sucks about invidious is that there's very few instances that go beyond 720p (at least for me) unless I pass it through mpv, then everything is as it should be
>>
File: 1637957261608[1].webm (1.99 MB, 560x640)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB WEBM
>>84481750
Reliability these days

Toshiba > Seagate > WD

This post brought to you by TruthPillGang
>>
I would like to learn programming, but I can't afford to go to school. There are a lot of options and I have no idea what langauge to start with.
>>
>>84470138
I needed a powerful portable workstation and got a good deal on a max spec Asus Zephyrus G14 yesterday. I don’t want to go back to Windows but I need it for some programs, is there any downside to doing a clean install of LTSC on that particular machine? Ryzen 5900HS, Nvidia 3060, 32GB of DDDR4 RAM.
>>
>>84481904
python is nice and easy to start with to learn concepts like loops with and see real results with little effort, and then if you ever want to figure out what's going on behind the scenes you can play with C or assembly.
start with something like this free course from Harvard University https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x
>>
>>84481985
I will look into those. I hope I won't pick up bad habits or something similar.
>>
>>84480797
>All NVME will use an M.2 style slot
Wrong, NVMe is just a logical interface, it does not mandate any physical characteristics.

>>84481021
That image clearly states that the M.2 slot is PCIe, so by definition it supports NVMe.
>>
>>84482168
>NVMe is just a logical interface, it does not mandate any physical characteristics.
In theory sure, but are there any nvme drives that don't use m2?
>>
>>84481674
Honestly don't know. Beyond Google Keep because it comes with Android phones, I'm a total freetard who doesn't even look at proprietary software.
Try this: https://alternativeto.net/software/google-keep/
>>
is this worth getting? https://www.coursera.org/professional-certificates/google-it-support
i know jack shit about programming or anything computer related but i'm thinking of getting a meme IT or programming job. would go to uni but that's not possible atm
>>
>>84470138
so i have an rx 480 + ryzen 3600x +16gb ram

how does it compare to a pspro? Im trying to figure out what kind of performance i can expect for elden ring at 1080p. thanks
>>
>>84472858
Never, everybody already jumped ships. And the throttling is and will be the cat and mouse game, those jews really don't want us to download videos.
>>
>>84473499
SMPlayer for mpv
Good ol' VLC
>>
>>84473766
Storage are like burgers, some people prefer McDonalds', others Burger King's, Five Guy's, Popeye's, etc. Basically pick whatever manufacturer you like but make sure to KEEP BACKUPS, that's the only thing that will for sure save your ass.
>>
>>84473910
>>84482406
>>
>>84480823
>Viewsonic
hmmmm I wonder why.
>>
can anyone tell me what a Pentium G4400T 2.9GHz processor is equivalent to in terms of i5/i7 etc?
>>
>>84481523
>I'm trying to understand how Usenet works
In what context? idk what it currently stands but historically and technically it was a cloud storage of it's time.
>makes no sense to me seeing as all the service providers seem to charge you
Makes a lot of sense to me to charge people to access high demand content.
>>
>>84482497
i5-750 (no, not 7500).
>>
What thermostat lets me program it with if/then statements?

For example:
>IF
ambient temperature is measured below 60*f for 5 consecutive minutes
>THEN
Turn on fans and heat until ambient temperature is measured at 75*f for 5 minutes

It's fucking cold in here
>>
I have a USB hub plugged into my laptop with my USB headphones, mouse and keyboard plugged into it. Every now and then everything kind of disconnects and reconnects (almost seems like its overloaded). Ive had this happen with other USB hubs as well, is there a generally recommended type of hub I should use or am I perhaps putting too much load on my laptop? Windows btw
>>
>>84478116
It's not that easy to overcome a ban, but I'll tell you how IF you provide a screenshot of what you were banned for (I need to make sure you're not a pedo)
>>
>>84482543
thanks man
is it the same as this or just equivalent?

>>84482635
also interested in this
>>
>>84478116
>newfag discovers VPNs are range banned because of faggots like him
I wonder what you got banned for
>>
>>84482755
you may get this screenshot on 4chan.org/banned, although I would use some tool to hide your IP because it displays your IP
>>
>>84481540
I saw that, but the video I saw were all using exe, and that use a .bat. Does that make any difference?
>>
>>84482901
>>84481540
For the wufuc.
>>
>>84482348
Whenever I try to use it just says "Command Not Found" even though I already installed it
>>
Anyone familiar with MATLAB? I've been trying to figure this out for an hour and it seems like it should be dead simple.

I have a [10000 x 2] array of x,y coordinates and I want to plot them, colouring points where the norm of the point is between some minDist and maxDist. I tried making an array of the norms, which worked fine, and then converting that with logical comparison to an array of colours which did not work. Ideally it would be a line plot but I'll take a scatter plot too.
>>
>>84482942
did you install it in your home folder? under
 .local/share/bin 
? Then add that folder to your $PATH variable.
>>
With 100BASE-TX ethernet you can carry two connections over a single piece of cat5 cable because it uses 2 twisted pairs and the cable has 4.
Do routers commonly support this? i.e. can I wire pins 1, 2, 3, and 6 from the router to 1, 2, 3, and 6 on one computer and 4, 5, 7, and 8 on the router to 1, 2, 3, and 6 on a second computer and have it just work?
>>
At the risk of being shown the way to Lenovo— I want a Windows laptop that is compact but powerful enough to do music recording and production. I don’t want to drop a ton of money but I don’t want a weak piece of wood of a laptop either. Any recommendations?
>>
>>84483009
typical, I figured it out right after posting this. need to just tediously map values from norms to a colormap in a loop.
>>
>>84483041
that's how cheap adapters like these work
>>
>>84482613
Pay attention. I have a solution for this, and it's pretty easy but it does require a level of engineering skill and a measure of time. I'd rather work on my car personally. My solution for your problem essentially involves building it all yourself, but it's not expensive like you'd think. This solution only works for 120V AC appliances (anything you plug into an outlet) so it is acceptable for my goals

>get one or more monitoring stations positioned throughout the house
>monitoring stations can be anything but I recommend RasPi or Arduino, with a DHT11 temperature sensor connected.
>You can connect a DHT11 to the Pi or whatever you're using by USB or GPIO, or other ways if you're smart and creative.
>You may find the official Linux driver written in C for the DHT11 sensor on Github if you search for DHT11.
>Connect your monitoring stations to your WiFi network, preferably on an isolated subnet for security
>Write some code which centers all the sensor data in a command & control tower (or an SSH client or something)
>Now buy a web power switch, along the lines of this https://dlidirect.com/products/new-pro-switch
>Set up the web power switch on the same subnet
>Write some code which connects your command center to the power switch and the monitoring stations
It's a day's work in Python and the total cost is about $200 plus whatever heating appliance you're using.
>>
>>84483081
>>84483041
by the way you will need one of these at each end, your router won't support using the 2x twisted pairs per port. you need to use two ports.
it's really not a good idea just use a switch instead.
>>
>>84483081
That's what I want to use. But I need to know if I need to use two of them (one on the router side, one on the computer side) or if one is enough.
>>
>>84483107
I get 10 Mb/s down from my isp. And I want to connect 2 computers in a room that's on the other side of the house of the router. I want to do this cheaply, which is the reason i only want to buy one long cable instead of two. Why should I buy a switch if two cheap adapters will do the trick?
>>
How do you format code on 4chan?

Is it
for i in range(10):
?
>>
>>84483068
Unironically get an IdeaPad. Can't go wrong.
>>
This is C++
What are all these ms? I mean the single letter 'm'?

for( i=0; i<m->njnt && itemcnt<mjMAXUIITEM; i++ )
if( (m->jnt_type[i]==mjJNT_HINGE || m->jnt_type[i]==mjJNT_SLIDE) )
{
// skip if joint group is disabled
if( !vopt.jointgroup[mjMAX(0, mjMIN(mjNGROUP-1, m->jnt_group[i]))] )
continue;

// set data and name
defSlider[0].pdata = d->qpos + m->jnt_qposadr[i];
if( m->names[m->name_jntadr[i]] )
mju_strncpy(defSlider[0].name, m->names+m->name_jntadr[i],
mjMAXUINAME);
else
sprintf(defSlider[0].name, "joint %d", i);

// set range
if( m->jnt_limited[i] )
sprintf(defSlider[0].other, "%.4g %.4g",
m->jnt_range[2*i], m->jnt_range[2*i+1]);
else if( m->jnt_type[i]==mjJNT_SLIDE )
strcpy(defSlider[0].other, "-1 1");
else
strcpy(defSlider[0].other, "-3.1416 3.1416");
>>
>>84483174
You can get switches really cheaply too, like $15 maybe for a basic 100MBit 5 port switch. Put it in the same room as your two computers and you will still only need one long cable.
>>
>>84483205
I've spent years trying to study this language and still can't read it. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear, but run a debugger and see what m is. That's how you solve a question like yours in the general sense.
>>
Howdy was looking for a new pair of headphones/set since after using my Sennheiser 363D's for 9 years or so. The usual thread isnt up.
I was looking at wireless this time but everyone says thats a dumb idea and to just get speakers instead. I was looking at the Sennheiser PC38X and Philips Fidelio X2HR.
If its of any help I play a large mix of games, listen to mostly metal and im from the UK. Ive found a pair of the 38X for £108 or $144 which seems a decent price. Any help in choosing a pair?
>>
Where is /hpg/ ?
>>
>>84483403
make one
>>
>>84483205
Need more context, like the declaration of m and if it's a class or struct, the declaration of that too.
>>
Is computer science really science?
>>
I have a huge industrial installation that has 8 different field networks all with different IP ranges. Currently, every time I switch networks, I have to change my own IP address to be able to connect to the PLCs in that network. Is there any IP or subnet setting I can use that lets me connect to any of them?
The ips are e.g. 172.1.x.y where x is different for each network
>>
I have the Sony WF-1000XM4 (what a name) and I can't say I really noticed it being any better than my gaming headsets or the Soundpeats T2 I was using prior. Waste of money to go to the HD 6XX?
>>
How can I check if a tablet can watch 4k video? I ordered a Xiaomi pad 5 so I'm curious how to check.
>>
How can I look for malicious activities on my network with wireshark? 99.99% sure my ex spouse is looking at my traffic, they knew the wifi password for years. I changed the wifi password but they seem to still know what I am doing. Please help
>>
Moving 28GB from my sata SSD to a USB 3.0 (apparently) drive and it's hovering around a constant 5MB/s. Wtf is going on. It's a lot of music files, around 5500. I know lots of small files is slower but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>84483899
Just log into your router and look at what's connected? Other than that scan for malware which is unlikely to find anything and most importantly, change passwords.
>>
>>84482901
>>84482914
I've never had majorgeeks steer me wrong. Could be the original was an exe
>>
File: iil-210129-629924.png (572 KB, 1000x1000)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>84482212
Pic related, and many more.
NVMe even works over TCP, all you need is a network card.
>>
Can any rust people help me? I'm iterating through a list of chars like so:

let mut iter = my_str.chars.enumerate().peekable();
for (i, c) in iter {
// Do some stuff

if iter.peek().unwrap().is_numeric() {
// Do some other stuff if the next char is a number
}
}
[\code]

Basically, I'm trying to parse a simple language and in some cases I want to check if the next character is a number. When I try to do this I get "method not found in `&(usize, char)`" for the is_numeric() function.
>>
>>84484220
Wow I fucked up my closing tag. That's embarrassing
>>
>>84483348
>>84483449
Thanks for answering this >>84483205
But I kind of figured it out. 'm' was actually a stored variable.
What's going on with 'm' here is like a class and function or variable in python.
m->jnt_type[i]
would be written as something like
model.joint_type
in Python
>>
>>84484157
So do I just run the .bat?
>>
File: clown.jpg (484 KB, 700x831)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
can someone respond to my thread?

if it's less than $10 i'll buy you one

>>84484491
>>84484491
>>84484491
>>84484491
>>84484491
>>84484491
>>
On youtube when i search for music or cooking livestreams it's really hard to find someone actually making music or cooking live. Most streams seem like they're channels made by bots or replaying old footage.

This is in stark contrast to twitch where if i browse each category, most streams are actually what im searching for - live music making or cooking.

Is this simply just because most streamers choose twitch instead of youtube? or am i not using the right search terms?
>>
>>84484579
Probably a mixture of streamers choosing twitch and youtube being the main platform attracting bots. I know a lot of people choose twitch because even though it's pretty draconian in its policies, youtube tends to throw around bans more randomly for bullshit reasons
>>
>>84484619
im sad that this is the case since I'm a youtube fanboy but okay, makes sense. i wonder for what reasons they give out bullshit bans though....

and i guess it's better that youtube isn't as large a monopoly as it could be.
>>
>>84483518
Just assign 8 IPs to your network interface. Easy.
>>
I have 2 monitors with only 1 display port each, and a laptop with a USB c port that can handle display port. What is the best way to handle daisy chaining?
>>
>>84484708
It mostly comes down to false positives from their automated moderation systems and then not fixing it when it's appealed. I know one channel who only does live streams talking about the news, so all OC, and he got demonitized for "unoriginal content". Appeal denied. Now he's looking at twitch for his main platform and doing exclusive content over there.
>>
>>84484711
Thank you I forgot I could do that
>>
>>84484353
Go for it.
>>
I saw this in some C++ code and don't know what it means.
What does it mean to store a char, or is this a string, with a [40]? 40 what?
 char str4[40];

Does this put a limit of 40 characters in the string or something?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.