[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


Un ironically. He will be the reason for the Year of the Linux Desktop.

And there’s nothing you can do about it. I don’t care, but he’s kinda showing just how bad FOSS is at UI/UX across the board, even package managers, messaging etc

And that’s a good thing
>>
Lol no. Fuck off niggers stay out of my linux gaming cumbrains
>>
>>84462322
Hello Jay Louis Irwin
>>
>>84462322
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as GNU/Linux, is in fact, Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, Ubuntu. Linux is an operating system unto itself, consisting of a kernel and other free components of a fully functioning operating system including the corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called “Ubuntu”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linus Tech Tips. There really is an "Ubuntu", and these people are using it, but it is just another name for the system they use.
Linux is the operating system: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The operating system is essential, but useless by itself; it is only useful to run programs. Linux is normally used as the operating system: the whole system is basically Linux, or Ubuntu, running programs. All the so-called “Ubuntu” distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
File: 1613801545109.png (1.21 MB, 2048x2348)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>Lincucks racemixing tips
Haha no, he is a retarded normie “nerd” that can assemble a fucking pc in days where a wagie can do it. His severe mental retardation will make normoids think linux bad cause some eceleb cancer cant use it
>>
>>84462333
>>84462338
>>84462379
Linus has already contributed more than you have to the state of the Linux ecosystem. Seethe more.

Most Linux tools break the first fundamental law of good design; don’t make me think. There’s an entire fucking book about if, freetards. Maybe you should learn something from the cathedral patricians, bazaar nigs
>>
>>84462395
Fuck off
If you don't want to think then use windows. Which is more suitable for braindeads such as yourself
GNU/Linux ecosystem already has enough issues such as systemd and wayland to deal with. We don't need to ruin it even further by the gaymer crowd
In short, fuck off my board >>>/v/
>>
>>84462395
this. OP is correct. linus bringing to light just how awful it is to use linux if you're not an enthusiast, even using the most user friendly distros.
>>
>>84462900
I don't play games and fully support the Free Software Movement, yet linux was still a pain in the ass to install
should I just go back to windows?
>>
>>84462379
kek. someone post this on his subreddit. I'm already IP banned from it.
>>
>>84462395
IF YOU CANT USE COMMAND LINE YOURE NOT A WHITE MAN
>>
>>84462917
If you unironically watch ltt then yes, stay on windows.
Linux is meant for power users, servers, super computers and embedded systems. We don't need to ruin the usability for all the current users just because some faggot """nerd""" youtuber can't figure out how to install steam.
>>
File: amsad.jpg (107 KB, 933x952)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>84462322
>>84462395
>>84462916
>>84462917
>>
>>84462979
why are you pretending to be ostracized when you linux users are the biggest fucking cyberbullies
>>
>>84462927
Based terry
>>
>>84463001
Says the homosexual trying to bully free devs into making linux cater to their non-contributing needs.
>>
>>84463001
this. linux users are the jehovahs witnesses of the internet. they just HAVE to tell you they use linux and that you should too.
>>
>>84463040
this post implies you don't use it.
I wonder why you come here then?
You do not fit in here, my friend
>>
>>84463056
>this post implies you don't use it.
so what?
>I wonder why you come here then?
where? /g/? /g/ is for everyone interested in technology
>You do not fit in here, my friend
says who?
>>
>linux trannies advertise their OS non-stop
>youtuber tries it out and shits on it
>linux trannies tell everyone that they don't belong in their community anyway
sour
o
u
r

grapes
r
a
p
e
s
>>
>>84463040
We only tell you we use linux to remind you that you're too stupid to figure it out for yourself. Now that your lord and savior Linus Canadia has risen from his semen pod, you're bullying a community of nerds for GUI to control a speaker. Fuck you homos.
>>
>>84463084
Its not sour grapes to not like you niggas.
>>
>>84463094
By "we" I meant the trans community using linux.
I am trans btw, not sure if that matters.
>>
>>84463084
>Linux users are one person
You're as bad as people that refer to a board as if they were one person with a single opinion.
>>
>>84463070
Are you interested I technology?
If you aren't interested in Linux (in a thread about Linux) what other threads do you follow? I doubt you are programmer and being interested in neither programming nor Linux basically just reduces you to the brand wars threads?
I ask again:
Why do you come here?
>>
>>84463124
Good for you. But you're not me. I'm asexual.
>>
>>84463084
I just wish he'd used a good distro.
>>
>>84463094
>>84463112
>we're so intelligent, yet we can't make a good and usable OS
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>84463137
you're not a mod or the admin of 4chan. i'll post wherever i want. now seethe on, linux virgin.
>>
>>84463137
Obviously he is here for the video game hardware discussions
I mean duh, who else would waste their time watching linus tech tips
>>
>>84463158
Its not an OS its a kernel. GNU/Linux is the OS and none of is intelligent people have an issue programming what we need on it.
>>
File: ni-.jpg (35 KB, 882x614)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>84463147
asexual? so an incel??
>>
File: 1637847749468.png (39 KB, 1111x498)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>84463184
cope. linux is a server OS, not a desktop OS. enjoy your dead OS, virgin incel.
>>
>>84463196
some people may call it that, but its voluntary. So its a volcel.
>>
>>84463173
>why come on a technology board when you don't care about technology
>you'r not a Jannie I'll shit up whichever board I want
>>
>>84463201
Please stay on windows then.
>>
>>84463204
pretty cringe bro
>>
>>84463204
No, asexual means you have no attraction to anything (which means you're broken btw).
>>
>>84463173
>mod
>admin
Kek
>>
>>84463213
you're creating a strawman because you're bootyblasted. i do care about technology, so i want people to know linux is terrible technology.
>>
>>84463220
Ill live
>>84463223
Attraction is not a sexuality.
>>
>linux users are asexual trans virgins
you CANNOT make this up. holy SHIT. i thought only pedophiles used linux, but this too??
>>
>>84463201
your welcome to stay on windows. I'll stay on Linux. what ever makes you think it's dead just because it's not popular is beyond me especially since a new meme distro releases ever other month. one of which shill tips installed
>>
>>84463260
??? I'm a macOS user.
>>
>>84463228
you should go somewhere else then. a lot of people here already use Linux. I'm sure keeping people from switching is easier than shit talking it infront of people who use it
>>
File: EwcUUn2XIAY0bQq.jpg (111 KB, 933x952)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I'm happy none of the other image boards and linux forums care about Linus Chink Tips. Once his series is over he will return to Windows 11 and fuck off until the Steam Deck comes out. Then she will get assfrustrated again and install Windows on it. Watch. This nigga is trying to sell you on Windows by crying about how hard it is for like-minded brainlets.
>>
>>84463264
nothing works on linux. it's dead.
>>84463289
i'm staying here. problem? take it out on your 10 year old thinkpad, linux virgin
>>
>>84463322
/g/ - Technology not /g/ - Linux
don't like it? back 2 reddit
>>
>>84463327
>hates linux
>stays on linux anyway
This is what its like when you're raised by a single mom that fucks random men to fill the kid's "father hole".
>>
>>84463350
what a disturbing fantasy you've just projected onto me. get mental help, linux tranny.
>>
>>84463365
At least you didn't deny it.
>>
>>84463370
why would i? it's your projection onto me as in it's irreal for me but it's something your mind came up for you. it says more about you than it does about me.
>>
>>84463402
>why would i?
It hit a nerv lol.
>>
>>84463327
>old hardware bad
what an engaging argument

you argue like a 14 year old. You'll get older and hopefully become a more mature person. I hope you arem this insufferable in real life. Get some friends and stop spending so much time on websites about things you don't even like
>>
>>84463427
not really. i must've hit a nerve for you to project in the first place though.
>>
>>84463453
>an actual thinkpad linux tranny
hahahahahahahaha, i never miss
>>
>>84463454
You keep replying angrily so I guess I won. I got an accurate depiction of your childhood and your many temporary fathers.
>>
I know about the issue he had with steam before, but what happened now?
>>
>>84462333
>my hipster niggerfaggot ass can't be seen using something too mainstream
BSD is always an option.
>>
>>84463473
He tried to save a webpage and run it as a shell script, somehow made his terminal go into an endless loop for using "apt" on manjaro, and couldn't figure out how to use OBS studio.
>>
>>84463463
nope. you, however, let everyone know your deepest darkest fantasy about your mother via your projection:
>This is what its like when you're raised by a single mom that fucks random men to fill the kid's "father hole".
yikes, imagine typing something like that unironically. as i said before: get mental help.
>>
>>84463490
Didn't he directly copy-pasted the contents of a script file on github into as blank file?
>>
>>84463461
I'm not a tranny but if you projection and their rent free occupation of your thoughts is anything to go by you might be. I know you're young and impressionable but don't let those thoughts overwhelm you. HRT and the other options you've been thinking about aren't healthy and won't get you into a better mental state no matter how much you'd like them to.
>>
>>84463473
dude wanted to stream some shit on twitch, so proceeded to install propietary crap that barely has linux support and is basically a shitshow.
>Proceeds to blame distro instead of lazy ass windows propietary developers
>>
>>84463507
Yeah, he wasn't able to find the big ass green button on Github's webpage, so he copyied the code from the webpage he downloaded. Its fucking funny.
>>
>>84463516
this is you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDECQa2p7ps
>>
>>84463498
>still responds about mommy issues post.
>>
>>84463537
Jesus. Legit fucking brainlet moment.
>>
>>84462395
fuck you nigger
>>
Didn't he try to use Github, right click JUST the install.sh file for whatever he needed, saved it as an HTML file, then copied it into a terminal, and then act surprised when it didn't work?

There is ZERO possibility that this isn't staged.
>>
>>84463545
nothing you say will distract the readers of this thread from your projection.
>>
>>84463529
Damn she's pretty cute. How big is her penis?
>>
>>84462333
If you need any more evidence that linux is a sekrit club that neets and weebs wank over and a complete fucking waste of time, look no further
>>
>>84463559
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84462379
Normoids already think linux is bad. Because it fucking is lmao
>>
>>84463579
your mummy issues? tell us about them. we're intrigued after your projection
>>
>>84463595
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463596
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
Tired of seeing this niggas face all the time, I fucking hate YouTube. There's almost no tech YouTube channel, among the ones that actually have useful info, that couldn't be relayed without staring at some ugly fag's head the entire time.
>>
>>84463611
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463541
I've also seen your other posts: >>84463622
as the other anon said.
you have some real bad temper maybe you have a family member or friend to talk about it. get well man
>>
>>84463622
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
File: dog sad.jpg (22 KB, 400x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>84462395
Nooo muh sekrit club OS! Complicating my life with an sandcastle OS that requires constant maintenance is the only interesting thing about me, we can't let normies take that away!
>>
>>84463659
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463667
No one mentioned TempleOS. Not even once.
>>
>>84462917
>yet linux was still a pain in the ass to install
>should I just go back to windows?
If you're braindead it sure must be.
https://youtu.be/RnA8BKsvuCs
This isn't really different from what you'd do when installing Windows, some steps aren't done at the same time and that's about it.
>>
>>84463697
To be fair, clicking next is really hard for most people.
>>
>>84463676
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84463721
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463730
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84463327
>nothing works on linux. it's dead
You wouldn't have internet to post this on and servers to host websites if it wasn't for Linux. Most likely not a phone either since Android is the most popular mobile OS which also relies on the Linux kernel among other things. And yeah, it's just that Valve disagrees since they've made the Steam Deck. I'm sure they haven't done their math on this and you have.
>>
>>84463746
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463757
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84463765
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463769
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84463748
> You wouldn't have internet to post this on and servers to host websites if it wasn't for Linux
Linux is only about 40% of the web server market.
> Most likely not a phone either since Android is the most popular mobile OS which also relies on the Linux kernel among other things.
In third world countries. In white countries like the US, UK, Canada, Japan etc iOS reigns supreme.
> And yeah, it's just that Valve disagrees since they've made the Steam Deck. I'm sure they haven't done their math on this and you have.
Valve have been pissing their pants since GabeN was dropped from Microsoft. Don’t think this isn’t out of spite, smoothbrain
>>
>>84463084
>ADVERTISING something free as in beer and free as in freedom
A retarded strawman right off the bat. See pic related for some Linux distro advertising.
>youtuber tries it out and shits on it
Yeah, most likely deliberately.
To quote another anon on this:
>tries to use apt on manjarao
>the whole save as debacle
>but somehow installs windows on kvm and manages to pass through hardware to it
This has to be an elaborate joke, right?
>linux trannies tell everyone that they don't belong in their community anyway
Are you expecting people to be congratulating him for bullshitting and likely doing all of this deliberately?
>>
>>84463785
>still responds about mommy issues post
>>
>>84463818
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
He should have waited for SteamOS 3.0 before trying this. That will probably dethrone Ubuntu as the most user friendly distro
>>
>>84463823
Yeah but she said she will do another "challange" on steam os, but we all know it will be more "HAI I'M KAREN KOMPLAINS KONSTANTLY" level of shit.
>>
>>84463789
>Linux is only about 40% of the web server market
Wrong.
https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/operating_system
https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-unix
>In white countries like the US, UK, Canada, Japan etc iOS reigns supreme.
Go back to >>>/pol/ or >>>/b/, you clearly aren't here to talk about technology and operating systems.
>Valve have been pissing their pants since GabeN was dropped from Microsoft. Don’t think this isn’t out of spite, smoothbrain
I don't know what the fuck you're even on about, nor do I really care about Gabe or any company for that matter. It's rich calling someone else a smoothbrain when you're unironically doing the "muh white countries" shit you dunce.
>>
>>84463821
>still responds about mommy issues post
>says he/him wasn't triggered
>refreshes for another post
>resoponds:
>>
>>84463867
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84463558
I did that the first time i used computer
>>
>>84463887
>>still responds about mommy issues post
>>says he/him wasn't triggered
>>refreshes for another post
>>resoponds:
>>
>>84463910
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84463906
Were you a child at this time or a 36 year old Canadian man?
>>
>>84463926
>still responds about mommy issues post
>says he/him wasn't triggered
>refreshes for another post
>resoponds:
>>
>>84463957
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
File: 1620702003613.jpg (475 KB, 852x973)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>84463958
>still responds about mommy issues post
>says he/him wasn't triggered
>refreshes for another post
>resoponds:
>>
>>84463856
>unix
Linux is not unix. Nice cherry picking.
Besides, your second link shows us that Linux is less than 50% of so called unix detections. By your own source, Windows also has a 22% marketshare on the web: https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-windows
> Go back to >>>/pol/ or >>>/b/, you clearly aren't here to talk about technology and operating systems.
Seems like I hit a nerve, pajeet. I’ll remember that next time you make a Satania bait thread.
> I don't know what the fuck you're even on about, nor do I really care about Gabe or any company for that matter.
So you know nothing about the subject or the history of it? Then get out, you aren’t qualified to discuss the matter.
> It's rich calling someone else a smoothbrain when you're unironically doing the "muh white countries" shit you dunce.
pissing your pants won’t make you any more of a woman.
>>
>>84464003
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84464013
You're a transphobic and racist bigot and you need to stop drinking the /pol/ kool aid
>>
>>84464024
>still responds about mommy issues post
>says he/him wasn't triggered
>refreshes for another post
>resoponds:
>>
>>84464040
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84464025
https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/os-linux
>Linux is used by 38.9% of the website we know
Oh dear oh dear. I seem to recall something, give me a second: >>84463789
> Linux is only about 40% of the web server market.
Ohnonononono how embarrassing.
> You're a transphobic and racist bigot and you need to stop drinking the /pol/ kool aid
Go back to >>>/lgbt/ or >>>/trash/, you clearly aren't here to talk about technology and operating systems.
>>
>>84463402
>>84463454
>>84463498
>>84463559
>>84463595
>>84463611
>>84463659
>>84463721
>>84463746
>>84463765
>>84463785
>>84463821
>>84463887
>>84463926
>>84463958
>>84464024
>>84464047
>getting this triggered over someone saying your mom fucked other men.
>>
>>84464074
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84464055
>you clearly aren't here to talk about technology and operating systems.
That's rich coming from a /pol/tard who's only here to rip on "le trannies" and "le nonwhites", I bet you're a fucking amerimutt too
>>
>>84464047
>still responds about mommy issues post
>says he/him wasn't triggered
>refreshes for another post
>resoponds:
>>
>>84464100
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84462900
Enjoy your 0% share of the home, office and educational market Lincel.
>>
>>84464079
Like you do see how the other dude triggered you perfectly right? You lost.
>>
>>84464138
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84464129
>education
We had to learn linux and UNIX at my uni. I teach kids how to program and do system admin work on it.
>>
>>84464129
>muh marketshare
GNU/Linux users don't care about market share because they are not trying to sell a product.
Why does this concept escape your corporate drone brains?
>>
>>84464141
>>84464074
>>
>>84464156
>not trying to sell a product
>regularly scream about how this is going to be "year of the linux desktop" and microsoft will go out of business any year now
>>
>>84464175
>i'm going to say the same thing again and again because i got exposed
lol
>>
>>84464176
>year of the linux desktop
Never heard that phrase be used unironically
>>
>>84464181
>>84464074
>>
Linux isnt everything there is to technology......
>>
>>84464206
>>84464181
>>
>>84463541
based, i wish that was me
>>
>>84464194
95% of work on linux is paid for and used by companies. Guess what, it turns out nobody is going to write working drivers for your fancy new nvidia card for free.
>>
>>84464208
To a lot of inner city programmers, it is.
>>
>>84464238
That's really unfortunate for them
>>
>>84464255
unfortunate?
>>
>>84462322

unironically yes, even if he's a retard
>>
>>84464269
Linux is the poverty neighborhood of the tech world where everyone is poor and everything is made from shoddy materials and barely works. You wandered out of the ghetto right into another one
>>
>>84464235
And they've been doing it without having the gaymer crowd as their main target audience
Just face the fact that GNU/Linux is not for your kind and leave us alone. Not everything has to revolve around tech illiterate people
>>
>>84464269
>>84464296
And I forgot, there's extreme inequality just like a real inner city. You have Google and IBM at the top making big bucks from Linux while everyone else begs for their scraps and pretends they're rich because they use some old shit that Google decided to dump on Github
>>
>>84463800
obviously it was a bait video. he even went as far as to search through reddit on how to execute a simple bash script.
complains about discord and teams being a buggy mess
anyone that really believes this was not on purpose to enrage linux community should kys
>>
>>84464312
>Just face the fact that GNU/Linux is not for your kind and leave us alone.
only if you leave everyone else alone. stop talking shit about windows in windows threads. stop talking shit about BSD in BSD threads. stop talking shit about macOS in apple threads. stop talking shit about other OSs and we'll leave you alone. you autists dish it out, but can't take it. this thread is you getting a taste of your own medicine.
>>
>>84464312
>And they've been doing it without having the gaymer crowd as their main target audience
They actually have, Android is the biggest gaming platform in the world
>>
>>84464296
Nah, Linux is the top 1%. Used by super computers, machine learning devices, NASA, Tesla, Lockhead Martin and CS professionals. They give to charity so the lesser-thans can get out of poverty.

Windows is like that dude what comes into the office and starts screaming about US Football and the Ford F150. He listens to dubstep as he tries to make spread sheets on notepad. One time he came to the office party wearing a lamp shade as a costume and laughed at his own jokes for hours.

Mac is that woman that really likes Starbucks and needs to tell everyone that she took a photo of her latte. When Windowsfags buy their wives an engagement ring in the tech-world, it often has a mac logo on it. Mac users often take selfies with their products when they ask for tech support.
>>
>>84464329
This board is dedicated to technology and tech enthusiasts. If you use windows as tour daily driver then it means you are a tech illiterate and I can respect that, but you are not welcome here. Nobody talks shit to bsd users, except maybe windows users or macfags.

>>84464337
Android is not GNU/Linux
And most linux development for android happens in the armv7/aarch64 space, which doesn't really apply to desktop
>>
>>84464368
See >>84464317
No company using Linux is using it "because charity" they're throwing you their sloppy scraps and you eat it up because you're poor
>>
>>84464391
>Android is not GNU/Linux
Because nothing is GNU/Linux, that doesn't even exist. GNU is a joke and is not a real operating system. It is a marketing label promoted by technologically inept activists in an unsuccessful attempt to steal credit from Linux.
>>
>>84464395
>"super computers, machine learning devices, NASA, Tesla, Lockhead Martin and CS professionals" is charity
Why can't you just cope with the fact that the world doesn't revolve around you and you only?
>>
>>84464391
>If you use windows as tour daily driver then it means you are a tech illiterate
no
>but you are not welcome here.
yes i am
> Nobody talks shit to bsd users, except maybe windows users or macfags.
linux autists spam BSD threads with "cuck license"
>>
>>84464420
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about mate.
>>
>>84464422
Let's substitute so your small brain can understand it
>There's extreme inequality just like a real inner city. You have super computers, machine learning devices, NASA, Tesla, Lockhead Martin and CS professionals at the top making big bucks from Linux while everyone else begs for their scraps and pretends they're rich because they use some old shit that Google decided to dump on Github
>>
>>84464395
Wrong. Where I work Linux is used for heavy work as mac and windows are used for accountants and spread sheet niggas. Clearly you work in fast food.
>>
>>84464435
>linux autists spam BSD threads with "cuck license"
That's a licensing issue, not a technical issue.
>>
>>84464443
>Where I work Linux is used for heavy work
As in, not being used for charity. You're agreeing with me.
>>
>>84464452
linux users in favour of GPL are the ones ruining BSD threads, so my point stands that linux users shit up other people's threads. now you're getting a taste of it.
>>
>>84464440
I know exactly what I'm talking about. And don't give me some shit about glibc and coreutils either, those can easily be replaced
>>
>>84462322
Who?
>>
>>84462322
Kill yourself shill.
>>
>>84464479
It's not a matter of ruining threads. BSD users have some tech knowledge to contribute to the board, even if there are licensing wars between them and GPLfags. Whereas windows users can only start garbage eceleb threads such as this one which contains no valuable info.
This is why winfags and macfags are treated with hostility. Too bad the /g/ oldfags have mostly left the board and retards roam free
>>
>>84464146
> doesn't understand what the educational market segment is.

It's the OS and software the K-12 student computers are using. Hint - not Linux.
>>
>>84464620
>It's not a matter of ruining threads.
yes, it is. linux users ruin BSD threads on purpose.
>Whereas windows users can only start garbage eceleb threads such as this one which contains no valuable info.
silly statement because you don't know who's using which OS
>This is why winfags and macfags are treated with hostility.
linux users are just up their own arses
>Too bad the /g/ oldfags have mostly left the board and retards roam free
you're not as intelligent as you think you are. humble yourself.
>>
>>84464620
BSD and Linux users do not contribute any meaningful tech knowledge to this board. Anyone here who uses those operating systems is a script kiddie LARPer.
>>
>>84464641
And before Lincels shout, "buh Chrome!", are you guys really claiming that as one of the Chosen now?
>>
>>84464680
This sadly. Lincels add nothing to real world home and office PC discussion.
>>
>>84462322
Linux is awesome, i just wish all my games would run on it just by default and not need proton or wine, otherwise Linux rocks
>>
>>84462322
I'd say some of his experiences were valuable for some of the projects he was working with (apparently system76 patched apt to make users create a file to override the usual apt sentence prompt), but most of his troubles came down to lack of vendor support. Anthony or some other linuxfag at LTT should put together a setup with hardware that has native Linux compatibility and have Linus compare his experiences, from the same blank starting point (not to compensate for Linux or anything, but help highlight what Linux could be if vendors actually gave a shit).
>>
>>84462322
No, he didn't. Why do you think Linux desktop projects are all half-assed? There's no money in and out of it. Everyone needs money to live. All he did was proving that big corpos and investors were right all along on not supporting desktop userbase on Linux. It's not where the money is and even if they could pour the money into it, because they will want their standardisation and protocols for everyone in the Linux desktop userbase to use, mandatory, it won't happen since most desktop Linux users will scream and whine about how it breaks the spirit of FOSS.

It's good that he's giving everyone in the Linux desktop scene a reality check, including the developers, but it's awfully bad for the image of desktop Linux which everyone is going to think and say "what a piece of trash lmao I'm gonna stick with Windows or Mac."

Nothing he did will benefit anyone who doesn't already know how to handle a desktop Linux.
>>
>>84462322
Basic shit happening when I upgraded to ubuntu 20.40:
>musescore 3 uninstalled
>wine applications stopped working
>locked out by light-locker
>xfce-4 panel fucked up
help me, linus....I should just have stayed on 18.04
>>
>>84463084
dont conflate pop trannies with linux. removing your whole DE when you install steam is a mistake even decades old OSes like ubuntu/debian didnt make. get the fuck out of here
>>
>>84464082
Your emotional constitution blinds you from the fact that I successfully countered your narrative regarding Linux, as well as providing proof to support that position. My other comments are merely to add fuel to the fire. You will never XX chromosomes.
>>
>>84462322
>He is the best thing to have happened to GNU/Linux
he's actually the worst that could happen to Linux. Fuck this guy and his zoomer army who are ruining Linux now.
>>
>>84466758
Your seethe makes me diamonds.
>>
>>84463070
>reddit spacing
You definitely do not fit in here.
Go back.
>>
>>84466859
You don’t know what Reddit spacing is newfaggot, stop trying to fit in so hard, lurk 2 years before posting, and get out.
>>
>>84466859
That's not reddit spacing, retard.
>>
>>84462379
>normoids think linux bad
The only reason they don't know linux is bad already is because linux is too difficult for them to even try. It's like the "lets play" videos. They let you experience a game without putting in the effort of playing it. LTT is letting everyone experience linux without bricking their own boxes.
>>
This thread again.
You know, if he really hates Linux, he could just go back to Windows and be happy but guess what? He won't do it because Windows is even worse. Most of you probably haven't watched the videos where he calls Windows shit every minute.
>>
>>84466935
> Most of you probably haven't watched the videos where he calls Windows shit every minute.
You clearly haven’t watched the WAN show where Luke and Linus explain their thinking and methodology in greater depth.
>>
>>84466935
>Most of you probably haven't watched the videos where he calls Windows shit every minute.
I haven't even watched the Linux videos because I don't like this guy.
>>
>>84466959
>Linux user enters a thread with no idea what he’s talking about and hasn’t even consulted the source
kinda like every linux user lol
>>
>>84462322
You know what? I think you're right and we shouldn't stop with Linus.
I think what we need is a BIG movement across popular Youtubers to go full Linux as a challenge for a set amount of time and report back with their opinion, what went right and what went terrible.
If that opinion is positive, imagine how many people would try to use Linux once their favorite internet person did the same, making it semi-mainstream and trendy for at least a while. A few will definitely stick with it for sure.
If that opinion is negative, spoken out issues will have too much attention drawn to them, causing them to be resolved a lot quicker, potentially resulting in so many improvements and polish for FOSS software that we otherwise wouldn't have.
Linus did a small sample of this mentality already, causing a bug fix to Pop's apt and preventing easy desktop breaking package removal almost immediately after he uploaded part 1 of his challenge on main.
>>
>>84466970
>hey guys I think we should go further we need to pressure everyone into using Linux and they’ll eventually like it!
Linux community is a literal cult and this post proves it.
>>
>>84466969
I don't need this retarded zoomer magnet to get my informations from, why should I watch this retard?
>>
You can try to make GNU/Linux as "polished" or some other buzzword as you like, but shit like the PoopOS incident is literally unavoidable because FOSS guarantees that any idiot can make their own useless meme distro and hype it on Reddit until it somehow becomes relevant.

FOSS already has enough retards, it doesn't need gaymers who just want a legally free version of Windows that lets them pirate games less haphazardly.
>>
>>84467043
>no I refuse to be in the loop about popular topics others are discussing, I will instead make an ass of myself by forming opinions on the basis of farts out of my ass
>>
>>84462322
wrong, if it will be the demise of linux as an useful ecosystem, dumbing down softwares is the path to locked bootloader and DRM everywhere.
retards need handholding, see the girl who had to drop out "because" of ubuntu, these subhumans are everywhere and the only way for them to use anything based on linux is from within a golden jail they have no control over.
donb't overestimate people, most of the ones you will ever meet will be absolute and irredeemable morons, see linus and his gang of manchildren...
gladly the year of the linux desktop will never happen
>inb4 muh gatekeep
kill yourself, seriously. you passed the filter atleast once, do it, keeping you alive is a waste of ressources, if you want to go back to monke then go in a wood or do the needful.
>>
>>84462322
No, that would be Luke. Luke has shown that you can get a Linux desktop that works just fine for most intents and purposes, but that there's some jank and rough edges here and there. Polish is what Linux needs.

By contrast, Linus is just a bumbling Winbabby with a huge ego problem, and as a result is running into absurd problems (partly of his own creation) that not even most totally clueless Linux noobs ever run into. He's the type of guy where, if he sees a nail, he'll go out and buy a 12 gauge, accidentally blow his cock off, then complain that the carpenters who told him it was a bad idea are just toxic, and that the 12 gauge should have had a huge safety warning telling him that you shouldn't use it to hammer a nail.
>>
File: 717MTRABjFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (145 KB, 1336x1500)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>84462322
This. All distros will now include a LTT mode to be more inclusive to the illiterate. Pic related
>>
>>84463173
newfag detected fuck off to plebbit

>>84462395
All xomputers require thinking unless you're an iToddler
>>
>>84462333
stupid fucking nigger, fuck you
>>
>>84466991
That's just your interpretation, not my words. I didn't call for pressuring and I fucking hate the cultist throat shovers that ruin it for everyone else.
I actually meant that it'd be interesting if Linux got more mainstream attention and more widely used by different kinds of people of all tech literacy grades. We have too many elitist opinions and we need more normal user opinions if we want to improve the state of Linux GUI's and user-friendly design choices. And with so many distros out there already, the choices will remain plenty for devs and elitists, so everyone will win! I don't think of this as a terrible scenario in any way.
>>
>>84467260
>Linus actually tried to go beyond his knowledge and learn something about Linux and you see this makes him bad mkay? Linus shouldn't do niche setups and configure things which is what we Linux actually brag about when talking about Windows and Mac.
>Linux is all about choice and freedom unlike slave-minded Windooze but Linus didn't have to do actual choice mkay.
>He should have taken examples from Luke who learned the hard way to be as generic and bland as possible in configuration and choice of the distro because when distro devs refuse to unite and unify the Linux userland with some standards you have to do it yourself by having as common combination of hardware and configs as possible, despite Linux being all about freedom and choice.
I love entering and reading threads like these silently because amounts of cope and mental gymnastics happening there are enough to fuel a continental ballistic missile.
>>
>>84467955
>>Linus actually tried to go beyond his knowledge and learn something about Linux and you see this makes him bad mkay?
He clearly didn't attempt to learn a single thing including and not limited to doing basic google searches about what messages his operating system was giving to him.

That's why he nuked his windows manager on his first day trying to install Steam because he didn't bother reading even a single solitary error message to understand what the machine was trying to tell him. That's why he downloaded an install.sh script as a github HTML file and was shocked that it didn't run. That's why he nuked OBS' inputs when he didn't have a sound driver installed to begin with.

And that's the stuff we saw him do on video. Picture all the bumblefuck stupidity he did because his ego keeps him from even using Google to attempt to understand a problem before he goes to do random fucking things in the UI to 'Fix' it.
>>
>>84468083
and btw, this is stuff 14 year old me didn't do when I started using Linux back in the days when it was considered a cringe hobbyist OS for stuffy purists who demanded coding experience to use it. Even back then I knew that Google was my friend and almost 100% of my problems existed on stackexchange somewhere if I just put the error message there and hit 'search'.

these are not mistakes anyone seasoned with computers would make even once.
>>
>>84462322
>Un ironically. He will be the reason for the Year of the Linux Desktop.

hell no, fuck off le reddit shill fagot
>>
>>84467955
What made you decide to post something so painfully retarded, that completely and utterly misses the point of my post and this thread as a whole? Their challenge is supposed to be about using Linux from a normal user's perspective and the challenges they might run in to, not monkeying around with exotic setups. So, yes, Luke choosing the 'generic and bland' choice is the sensible approach. If Linus wants to do a niche setup, then sure, but he should be prepared for the fact that he has to actually learn how to do it and what the differences might be with regards to setting it up on Linux.

Which brings me to my next point: Linus didn't try to go 'beyond' his knowledge, or learn anything. To the contrary, he went into with what little knowledge he had, got upset that it didn't work ("what do you mean apt-get doesn't work on Manjaro?????"), and has generally gotten angry when things aren't exactly like Windows ("what do you mean file extensions don't work exactly like Windows???"). He's hardly tried to look up how to fix any of his problems, and he interprets all help as inherently condescending or "toxic" because he's an egomaniac. Instead, he bumbles about and makes things worse by trying to "fix" problems, without actually understanding anything about his system, because learning something would mean admitting he doesn't know something.
>>
>>84462322
I wonder if he'll rename his YouTube channel to GNU/Linus Tech Tips.
>>
>>84463001
Yes, I agree that trannies are the top cyber bullies
>>
>>84463056
That's "/g/ - Technology", not "/g/ - Linux", fag.
>>
Is the Linux community full of retards or is it the autism?
>>
>>84470839
yes
>>
>>84462322
The whole premise of the video series is idiotic.

>Will my peripherals and games that were designed for Windows work just as well on this free OS that they weren't designed for, has no paid support, and hardly anyone uses?

If you want it to be like Windows, use Windows.
>>
>>84463247
What are you talking about? Sexuality is entirely attraction
>Straight = Attraction to opposite gender
>Gay = Attraction to same gender as a Man
>Lesbian = Attraction to same gender as a Woman
>Asexual = Do not feel attraction
>>
>>84471003
But that's not the premise you're intentionally misrepresenting it to better your own argument. The premise is whether Linux is a viable replacement for Windows for the average user, to do that they are testing things modern people do with computers like play games, stream etc. While exploring it they will ask many questions like the one you asked and the answer to that one is obviously "no".
>>
>>84471003
Wanting your hardware to work isn't the same as "want it to be like Windows," you disingenuous fuck.
>>
File: though.png (149 KB, 738x723)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>84463454
>though
>>
Time to let other Linux distros die. We only need about 3 of them.
>>
>>84462395
>ecosystem
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. get out!
>>
>>84462900
>>84463184
>>84464156
>>84464312

The proper way to adress the OS ,is Linux, since all """"gnu"""" systems are linux, but not all linux are gnu.
>>
>>84471148
The answer is yes if you do it correctly though.
>>
>>84462322
Gatekeeper of Linux unironically.
>>
File: 1636915515406.png (240 KB, 1000x1757)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>84462322
>uses HD600
Based AF.
>>
>>84463155
I wonder why he didn't consider Fedora
>>
>>84471003
So, you don't intend to do anything on your Linux system except mess around with Linux. Thanks for being honest about that.
>>
>>84468120
> when Linux was considered a cringe hobbyist OS for stuffy purists...

Bad news, anon. It still is.
>>
>>84468083
Oh sure, he nuked his window manager not because apt is trash (they fixed it now and forbid nuking protected packages btw, what prevented them from doing so earlier with the same cases happening all around? Probably the fact they weren't laughed out loud on public) and incompetence of devs but because of the error message a normal user would never understand.

All that machine was telling him is that some randomly named packages are going to get nuked while installing steam, and since you install steam and trust your operating system you normally would think that's a required step for installing steam, like resolving dependencies, given you have no clue what those packages are? How are you going to get clues, with google? If an operating system can't work without googling that you have to do to NOT nuke your own system doing very basic things, it's a garbage operating system.
Cope, seethe, dilate, etc. Better yet, replace your flat brain with google, retard, because that's the only thing you are able to do.
>>
>>84472157
Not a user but at least it's actually good.
>>
>>84471908
gnu/kbsd would like to disagree
gnu/hurd as well
>>
>>84462917
>yet linux was still a pain in the ass to install

>ISO on USB Stick
>USB Stick in computer
>install

>OMG, such a pain in the ass, I can't even anymore
>>
>>84463537
>>84463555
He didn't even copy the code. He right clicked and saved as HTML on the *.sh script and wasn't able to figure out how to run it in shell. Then when he found out it didn't work because he just saved the script and not all the dependencies that would have come in the *.zip if he just had the brains to click le big green button.
>>
>>84472923
Nobody cares about the two people using that shit.
>>
>>84462322
>He is the best thing to have happened to GNU/Linux
He literally made GNU/Linux.
>>
>>84462395
>don’t make me think
This, but also ironically windows 11 is going backwards. It just nests all the old useful menus within its new menus that make it difficult to do basic things that intermediate users will want to do, like change the audio output. Even something as basic as changing from your laptop speakers to bluetooth speakers is now non-obvious. Now you have to open the quick menu by clicking the sound icon and then click on the little arrow to get the audio output options. Terrible. It's not the 90s anymore, people use more than one audio device
>>
>>84462916
This, unironically. The faggots at POOP OS already thanked him.
>>
>>84466859
>shows newfaggotry this hard
>says that others don't belong here
kek'd
>>
>>84462322
absolutely based take
>>
>>84472157
Said on a Wan Show that he wouldn't use Fedora because it had a meme name. Clearly he is retarded or at least baiting people. I laugh every time some says "you don't understand the point/concept of the video, it's the "normie perspective""
>>
>>84463223
Different asexual anon here. Its not nearly that clear cut. Sexuality waries widely. Many asexual people experience attraction. But they dont experience the sexual urges nearly as much. We still find people handsome, beautiful, etc.
>>
>>84476516
you're just low test
>>
>>84462395
Damn, this post is so correct that it's causing so many spergs to seethe.
>>
>>84463322
Seems like you're going to enjoy your stay on /r/linux more than on here. /g/ is a TECHNOLOGY board not a LINUX board.
>>
File: DSC00773.jpg (3.09 MB, 4912x2760)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>84463541
> iwn cuddle tripcode while we both wear striped programming socks and program on our librebooted thinkpads

why live
>>
>>84462395
>don’t make me think
I'm glad Linux filters retards like this by its own nature/philosophy. We already have enough OSs for retards like MacOS and Windows.

Congrats random poster, this is a 10/10 bait post
>>
>>84476661
this is what porn addiction does to a nerd
>>
>>84476724
i never mentioned sex though i just wanna cuddle him >_<
>>
>>84476724
Nothing wrong with programming socks. That the poster is being an effeminate fag instead of a macho chad is the problem.
>>
>>84463558
github's UI makes it unnecessarily complicated to download a single file, I wasn't surprised
>>
>>84476661
Ugly fuck
>>
>>84464435
>linux autists spam BSD threads with "cuck license"
that's not linux autists, those are unironic glowniggers
>>
>>84476859
do you REALLY expect a Microsoft product like github to have a good UX?
>>
>>84477732
I have no expectations one way or the other I'm just saying downloading single files is not intuitive for noobs so I'm not surprised seeing a noob struggle doing it
>>
>>84477743
the real issue is that people think github == free software when that could not be farther from the truth. if github does something stupid it is 100% because of Microsoft.
>>
>>84477757
but this specific part was already stupid long before microsoft got in
>>
>>84477764
no, this was a half baked feature microsoft added because they are inept retarded incompetent fuckups
>>
>>84477799
and they had to add something because it was even less intuitive to download files before



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.