[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

> invents linux kernel
> doesn't know how to use it
>>
>>84461727
He uses Windows servers instead of Linux servers.
>>
He invented the kernel, not the distros
>>
>>84461727
>>
he has a windows mentality and expects linux to work like windows(by doing everything through the gui)
>>
>>84461757
>implying he knows anything about any servers
he's a gamer shill. nvidia, intel, amd, etc give him products to shill on his youtube channel because he has 15 million subs. that's it.
>>
>>84461727
ha ha that's pretty funny
>>
>>84461779
SHE LOOKS GAY
>>
>>84461727
Also doesn't know how to use github, despite inventing git.
>>
>>84461779
Her mouth looks so tight, imagine using her for irrumatio.
>>
>>84461788
besides that, how does it take someone a full MONTH to install a random distro and run steam?
ive seen the video.

it took him, sebastian, one full month to install steam and run some amiga tier game.
that is why they, the youtubers, have money.

google is promoting retardation to younger generation.
>>
>>84461963
>a full MONTH
They do other videos too anon. And besides the video was on Floatplane for a full two weeks before it was on Youtube.
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>84461727
It gets even better
>invents git
>stumped by github
>>
>>84461779
If I have to look up and type a short story in the Linux command line every time I try to do some basic shit that works with a few clicks in the Windows GUI that's just bad OS design.
Fuck Linux and fuck Linux apologists.
It's a terrible OS for people who don't actually do anything productive.
>>
File: LinusTorvalds.jpg (493 KB, 1639x1780)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
Invents Linux, doesn't know how to install Debian.
>>
>>84461727
Wrong linus.
>>
>>84461769
I'm extremely confused by the way he tried to save the files from a github repo, what kind of retard right clicks on the files there to save them?
Pretty sure it's all a sham, a theatre, sociopathic engagement bait.
Linux does have its flaws but your experience is going to be like the other guy on this series, some things are not going to work, some things need some elbow grease at times, but generally you're able to do the same stuff you do on Windows, and in some select cases, you're going to be able to do it even better.
That said I still use Windows on my computer, I'm not direction brained - I've picked just what works better for ME. People have different workloads and different opinions
fuck ubuntu though holy shit I'm glad nobody's doing this snap bullshit
>>
>>84461727
This really says a lot about our society.
>>
>>84464087
>what kind of retard right clicks on the files there to save them
works like that everywhere else on the internet, should work like that on git
>>
>>84464087
he's never programmed anything in his life. why do you expect him to know how to use git?
>>
>>84461774
>uses a meme font
the font he used had me rolling
>>
>>84465501
Show me one website that this works on, excluding the ones like Dropbox or whatever
>>
>Invents Linux
>Invents Git
>Can't use either
Is this the power of FOSS?
>>
>>84461727

>Linux was programmed on Windows with .NET
>>
>>84465632
FOSS more like GOSS
Gratis Open Source Software
>>
>>84461779
He should have had tech shrek install arch and set up Discover with packagekit. Normal people don't install OSs. Arch justwerks post install

Also Linux gaming is a meme
>>
>>
>>
>>84465827
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS RETARDED SHIT
>>
>>84462486
Yea try to do that on 100 remote machines at once, or try to do the same thing 1000 times everyday. Btw windows has a shell aswell
>>
>>84465827
lololol

this clown doesn't even know what hyperlinks are
>>
File: sdbait.jpg (13 KB, 474x474)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>84461727
>>
>>84461727
Race mixing will only get you so far as a youtuber and as the inventor of Linux. I myself was surprised to find Mr. Torvald is heterosexual.
>>
You would think Linus would know how command the Linux colonel to it do his bidding.
>>
>>84465779
seething that we get better frame rates
>>
>>84461727
u guys gonna be mad when he runs the new archinstall? Some long time arch users are positively dilating over on phoronix forum right now.
>>
>>84466114
serious business i see
>>
>>84461727
Linus Sebastian invented Linux, retard, the guy on your pic is Linus Torvalds.
>>
>>84466056
>>84466111
It's obviously scripted
Just look at the font he has set, its obvious that he wants to make linux look as shit as possible
>>
>>84466471
Nah, I think he just wanted to stir shit for views and clicks, he has nothing personal against linux.
>>
>>84465827
>Cant even use wget

I knew he was clueless when it came to anything outside of the consumer garbage realm but goddamn.
>>
>>84466585
This, he use to be a sales/marketing guy before jewtube. He knows he is clueless but at the same time knows it will generate views.
>>
>>84466598
>wget
i hope you mean git
>>
>>84461727
His issues were on the userspace tho, not the kernel
>>
>>84463869
Damn what the fuck happened to him
>>
>>84462486
Try using a gui blind vs a command line, 'see' which is more intuitive, cunt.
>>
>>84462486
imagine being a smoothbrain like this
>>
>>84466649
The trannies finally got to him, stress can cause hair loss.
>>
>>84461779
I went from Windows a
to Mac and it just worked. I went to Linux and you cunts don't even know what a minimize button looks like.

Linux is shit. There's no justification for it being a desktop.
>>
>>84466649
he got old and fat just like you will
>>
>>84466703
Its Linux, you can make the minimize look how ever you want. Even like the Marcos one.
>>
>>84466703
>Not using a tiling WM.
>>
>>84461779
>expects linux to work
oh no no no
>>
>>84466215
why? you should be happy not seething
>>
>>84462486
Yeah, I dont wanna know what kind of lowlife incel|tranny would use linux on a desktop.
>It's a terrible OS for people who don't actually do anything productive.
But they make terminal screenshots...
>>
>>84466619
well, he definitely understands consumerism
>>
>>84466215
Windows gets better framerates?
I game on Linux retard, I still know it's a meme.
>wine sucks
>proton's great but I'm not putting my cracked games in my steam library
I mainly just pirate switch games, but any time I wanna play a PC game, it takes some doing

For normie "GAMERS" it's really not worth it. Linux is for work, multimedia, web... basically everything except games. 1 player gaming is just a bonus if you're willing to get it working
>>
>>84465501
>git is a website
this is how you shown the entire world that you are a mouthbreathing dumb fucking retard. fuck you
>>
>>84462486
Do you actually think GNU/Linux does not have point and click UIs for basic tasks?
>>
File: fancyzones.jpg (70 KB, 1024x768)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>84466811
That's what PowerToys or Nvidia Desktop Manager is for.
>>
>>84467934
Like somebody who couldn't find the toggle for a minimize button in GNOME could operate that.
>>
>>84467610
What is Lutris.
>>
>>84466437
You mean Sinus LeBastien
>>
>>84468031
it doesn't exist in Fedora you cunt. Why is it even off in the first place.
>>
File: 1632805468937.jpg (132 KB, 700x544)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>84461727
>*creates a stone he can't lift*
>>
>>84465519
you would expect that a "tech guy" ran a git clone and then a script at least once in his life
>>
>>84468854
Yes, GNOME Tweak Tool doesn't exist in Fedora or EPEL. Very good.

And you know they're pushing the hot corner. I don't like GNOME, but that's not hard to figure out.

And why were you using IBM Linux in the first place? Let go. Use something Debian or Arch based.
>>
>>84468974
If I wanted a distro that looked like windows, I'd get windows.

Fedora I heard was the most stable.
>>
>>84469034
You're pretty far out on the ice of I Don't Know What The Fuck I'm Talking About Lake.
>>
>>84461727
What's the history behind Linux? Why did Linus name it Linux instead of Linus?
>>
>>84466631
>Installing git for downloading files from Github, instead of using wget
NGMI
>>
>>84463869
>>84466649
>>84466715
>Damn what the fuck happened to him
>he got old and fat just like you will
At least he had sex, unlike most in this thread.
>>
>>84469783
If you're not a minor, there's easy outs for that.

It's call money, BTW.
>>
>>84469882
>paying for sex is the same as having sex
wrong
>>
>>84469896
I mean that's one way to do it.

I was more thinking fiance visa. Surely there's someone for you out there, annon.
>>
>>84469896
Not wrong. The most expensive sex payments are a putting a house over a cunt then paying said cunt half of everything even after she runs off with the local Crips.

Renting a rapidly depreciating high maintenance item is just good sense. Contractors use Sunbelt and I use hookers. It costs less per ride.
>>
>>84470028
Don't listen to him, annon. Just make sure you have a prenuptial and don't be caught slipping. You can outsmart any woman. You're a natural predator.
>>
I think Linus is meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator
He just sees gamers as completely technologically incompetent so he thinks he's doing them a favor by really scraping the bottom of the barrel of "how would my grandma react to using Linux"
>>
>>84469728
It was because, while Linus was a pretty good CLI OS, it lacked a proper GUI. So it merged with the X11 Window Server to create the full Linux Desktop experience.

The problem was X11 was run by the X.Org Foundation, headed at the time by pedo apologist Richard Ballmer. Those hippies want everything to use the ISC licence!

Or some shit like that. I don't know.
>>
Is Linus a real Linus ?
>>
>>84470067
Prenups don't mean shit. Judges ignore them.
>>
>>84462486
>It's a terrible OS for people who don't actually do anything productive.
People who do actual tech work need to know how to use a terminal.
Retard, who do you think built the GUI?
I do actual tech work, usually on Windows machines, and I have to use the command prompt all the time.
Retards like you need to take a basic tech quiz before being allowed to post on /g/, can't believe I have to share this board with people who literally think computers run on magic.
>>
>>84465816
lol did that really happen?
i mean this is an easy fix should we just do it?
its like a small function in your .bashrc
na better not once you start to cater to this people issues just pile up ad infinitum.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.