[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Web bondage edition

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS and JavaScript
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - a good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
https://javascript.info/ - quite a good JS tutorial according to many posts
https://www.freecodecamp.org - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
https://www.theodinproject.com - curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, Ruby on Rails, and SQL
https://fullstackopen.com/en/ - requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
https://flexboxfroggy.com/ and https://cssgridgarden.com/ - learn flex/grid in CSS

>List of design resources
https://ghostbin.com/paste/rTwHe

>All useful documentation in one place
https://devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
https://jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
https://3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
https://codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: https://wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using the following format in your posts (the scraper will pick it up):
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: anon
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: https://my.website.com
repo:: https://github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr

Previous thread: >>84410551
>>
goddamn i wish i was a cunny like that
>>
anyone here work for themselves? I want to make a SAAS product. Has anyone here done that before and make passive income? Are there better ways of doing that if you're a web developer? any tips?
>>
how do I get better at web design? Everything I make looks UGLY
>>
>>84440887
copy other people's designs
>>
>>84440887
Check "Refactoring UI" from OP "List of design resources". Seems good
>>
>>84441055
I've already gone through that
>>
I get paid $35 an hour full time to edit HTML files but my boss always micromanages and yells. I don't have the experience to get another entry level job somewhere, I lucked into this one. All the other ones looking for more experience also pay much less. What do I do? Start learning react?
>>
>>84440972
This.
All my first websites were just recreation of other designs with a twist.
Once you get how is it done generally, you can start improvising.
>>
>don't understand how promises work
>end up changing text loaded in with JavaScript by setIntervaling it
Lol
>>
>>84441985
>don't understand how promises work
it's in the name anon
>>
>>84441753
lets exchange jobs
>>
ok guys so. i need a job ASAP. the rush is I have like one month left to start paying a student loan. and I don't want to work manual labor. it's such a tremendous beat down on the body and a waste of mental/physical resources. It's not fucking worth it. (I've worked at UPS for 10 years) I can't do it anymore.

I wouldn't say I mastered CSS. But I think I'm 75-80% there. I just need to become proficient layouts/gridboxes/flex. I haven't gotten to javascript yet.

I just want to start working already. Is there any kind of work I can get while being just "good" at CSS? I want to train as I work. There has to be something.
>>
>>84442669
Webdevs these days requires javascript, just give up.
>>
>>84440814
she's literally me
>>
File: imag.jpg (9 KB, 228x221)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I'm broke. Where do I get free Udemy courses?
>>
>>84442741
>just give up
don't be like that anon
>>
>>84442821
ask your mummy for $20
>>
I have a "status" button that toggles between "A" > "B" > "" (then back to "A" and repeating)

I want to debounce this "status" button and then make a POST request if the "new" status is not the same as the "original" status after X seconds

function getNextStatus(status) {
switch (status) {
case "A":
return "B";
case "B":
return "";
case "":
default:
return "A";
}
}

const Status = ({ id }) => {
const {data } = useSWR(`${STATUS_URL}/${id}/`, originalStatusFetcher)
const [originalStatus, setOriginalStatus] = useState(data);
const [status, setStatus] = useState(data);

useEffect(() => {
if (data) {
setOriginalStatus(data);
setStatus(data);
}, [data]);

function clickHandler() {
setStatus(getNextStatus(status));
console.log("clicked. originalStatus:", originalStatus, "Status:", status);
debouncedPostStatus(originalStatus, status, id);
}

const debouncedPostStatus = useMemo(
() => debounce((originalStatus, status, id) => {
console.log("debounced. existingStatus:", existingStatus, "status:", status);
if (originalStatus !== status) {
console.log("changed");
setOriginalStatus(status);
submitStatus(status, id);
}
}, 500),
[]);

function submitStatus(status, id) {
console.log("POST status to", status)
}

return(
<div
onClick={clickHandler}
>
{status}
</div>
)

}

1/2
>>
>>84443177
So for a Status component starting with "", when I click it, I get:
clicked. originalStatus: undefined Status: undefined
debounced originalStatus: undefined status: undefined

Then when I click again:
clicked. originalStatus: undefined Status: A
debounced originalStatus: undefined status: A
POST status to A

So it seems to be one behind? How does that make any sense? I'm changing "status" before I call my
debounceSubmitStatus
in my
clickHandler
?

2/2
>>
>>84443177
>>84443191
figured it out... turns out usestate is async... https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54069253/usestate-set-method-not-reflecting-change-immediately

so updating my clickHandler to
const nextStatus = getNextStatus(status)
setStatus(nextStatus)
debouncedPostStatus(originalStatus, nextStatus, id)

works :)
>>
dog
(and bird)
>>
>>84442821
Why do you need udemy courses specifically? There are plenty of other resources out there.
>>
>>84442821
You don’t need paid courses to learn webdev
>>
>>84442821
most udemy courses aren't even good
>>
4chan used to be cool
>>
>>84444460
UMMMMMMM DOOD??? ANIME WEBSITE
>>
its good to know what you would do/have if you didnt have all you had, or "do" all you want to do
>>
good morning sirs
>>
>>84443385
i see that you're already using useEffect, but if it is news to you that useState is async, you might not know that useEffect runs:

once immediately upon first rendering the component (and this one time if the dependency array is empty),
and once immediately upon the update of any state variables in the dependency array

also, if you return a function from callback passed into useEffect, that function will be run upon the de-rendering of a component, which is useful for cancelling timeouts or other async tasks established in the component to avoid memory leaks
>>
as a web developer, how do i cunny
>>
>>84442821
if you can't even google that, you're doomed as a developer
>>
>>84445665
as if google would tell you that
that's a yandex question
>>
arr2.reduce((n1,n2) => n1 + n1)

What's going to happen here?
>>
File: 1637716132209.jpg (132 KB, 936x935)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Eloquent Javascript is filtering me bros.... ngl this shit goes from 0-100. How do i keep on track and stay sane?
>>
>>84445749
you're going to sum the numbers in the array
>>
>>84445929
I don't think so
const arr2 = [19, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12];
arr2.reduce((accum, currValue)=> 2 * accum)
//result: 38912
>>
>>84445749
console log it
>>
>>84445973
that's different to what you posted
>>
>>84445994
Not really? I am returning accumulator + accumulator in both cases,

const arr2 = [19, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12];
arr2.reduce((n1, n2)=> n1+n1)
//result: 38912
>>
>>84445994
>>84445973
>>84445749
I only just realised you're never using the current value, what are you trying to do exactly? it makes no sense, you're only ever using the first item in the array
>>
>>84446023
Not trying to do anything, just exploring stuff and wondering where the value 38912 came from
>>
>>84445768
Well, duh doy, son... Look, I love you Anon, but we both know you're not as fast as the other kids, and if you want to compete in this world, you've got to work twice as hard.
>>
>>84445768
>>84446122
For real though, it took me several (like 5+) attempts to understand JavaScript. Each time a few more pieces fall into place.
I'm probably too retarded for this and should have given up for something easier, but the only thing greater than my stupidity is my stubbornness. Don't give up Anon.
>>
>>84446076
See if this oodles your noodle anon
>>
>>84446122
ngl this book is fast pased compared to others and it made me feel like shit if I wasn't getting the exercises right.
this shitty book has all of its exercises plastered on stackoverflow.

thanks author for making me feel like shit but learned a lot.
>>
>>84442669
Find businesses in your area and offer to make them a website. If they already have a website, it probably sucks, and you can offer to improve it. You can do this with 0 programming knowledge, even 0 CSS knowledge these days just installing Wordpress and using free or $10 themes.

If you want to go next level, realize that businesses don't give two shits about websites, they only care about getting more customers. Then you can branch out into full internet marketing packages (improving their Google Maps listings, their Google search rankings etc). Once you can reliably increase people's profits, you can start asking for a piece of the pie, instead of just scraps.
>>
>>84446160
yep that's what I thought, it just summs itself with first character of an array x times number of items. tried it with a simpler array and it kind clicked thanks for making it clearer
>>
File: 1625243928396.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>84446151
Anon you have restored my hope and optimism, We are all going to make it.
>>
>>84446196
To reiterate: the sole purpose of a website (in the context of a business) is to drive sales. This is the lens through which you should be considering things, because a website is just one piece of that puzzle, and has to be seen within that broader context.
>>
>>
just got banned on discord lads
>>
Anyone have experience with elixir and Phoenix? I'm a ruby on rails guy just wanted to know if it's worth it trying to learn.
>>
vue
>>
sorry, i dont know
>>
Hey, I'm starting up, any guide to develop a registration and login process with php and mysqli? And I mean guide, all I can find are lines and lines of code, that's meaningless, I want to learn not just copy.
I'm figuring the process is like:
>Build a form
>Check values with database
>Create a session
Is that it?
>>
File: 614.jpg (83 KB, 600x800)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>Just taught myself HTML/CSS/JS over the course of a week. Here is my spotify clone. How did I do? I know I'm still a noob but i hope one day I can become a great web dev
>>
>>84448143
dont bully
>>
>>84441753
Job hunt till you find a better paying one.
>>84440831
I swear, the more I talk to children/adolescents the more I hate them. Lolis in anime are 100% better then real life ones. At least Noa won't steal my stuff, hide them and go ape shit when I say it's her with camera fucking proof
>>
File: women.png (117 KB, 368x277)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>babe? are you alright?
>you wouldve been looking at page 1 of this search result with spotify playing "cotton eyed joe" on loop for 5 hours in 10 minutes...
>>
can someone explain to me why every other one of these is shilling IBM? is it an astroturf thing?
>>
>>84448484
youre the one bringing up IBM every thread anon
>>
>>84448495
this thread has weird vibes, like i just walked into an orgy for swingers. bye
>>
What do you guys use for prototyping websites? I was considering XD but I can't be bothered A) paying and B) running it through wine
>>
Did we all abandon ship?
Or is this just a dead general?
>>
Can't believe half of the npm packages are for mundane tasks that can be solved with 6 lines of code.
>>
>>84448825
The WebDev bubble burst
>>
>>84441753
I honestly wish I could work doing that.
I'm fucking tired of frameworks, legacy pajeet tier code and stressing the fuck out.
>>
>>84440814
hey frens, i’m a noob with a static page. trying to make it display nice on mobile. the page has two columns of information. column-left and column-right. it would be helpful for me to see a media query that places column-right below column-left if the screen size becomes narrow. here’s the code, which is a very short example: https://jsfiddle.net/7av8e2df
>>
File: rghsrhtrshrthrt.png (37 KB, 672x580)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
I started learning js a week ago so i'm still a bit clueless. The console gives me an error concerning memory and i cannot spot why (it also doesn't tell me).

This is my code. It's a credit card validator. I'll post the walkthrough hint from codecademy below.

Can anyone spot some mistakes here?
>>
File: hrthrthtrtrhj.png (73 KB, 1207x887)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>84450027
this is the walkthrough
>>
>>84450027
>array.length > 0 in for

I didn't keep reading but I'm sure you're running an infinite loop.
>>
>>84450057
Of course, thank you

I've now tried to fix the reverse for loop with a different syntax but it doesn't seem to work. Same error. Any ideas?
>>
>>84450027
can you explain what the first for loop is supposed to be doing exactly
>>
>>84440814
How tf is this image sfw? Mods? Come on bruh.
>>
>>84450492
Can you point out the nudity in it?
>>
>>84450485
sure, this first loop is supposed to loop through an array of 16 numbers in reverse since the last number has to be excluded. For each step it skips a number. The second for loop is targeting the numbers that are then skipped in the first one.

Or at least that's what's supposed to happen.
>>
>>84450492
Don't tell me you actually browse 4channel at work.
>>
>>84450334
Try to create a copy of the original array with the last element removed, reverse it and check for odd numbers and bigger than 9 numbers inside the reduce call.

Also this pic is really misleading about "odd digits" because it's either plain wrong or it actually refers to even indexes.
>>
>>84450004
anyone want to spoonfeed a brainlet? pls response
>>
>>84450686
I just now realised there was an iterator for reversing an array. Fuck me.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>84450752
Word of advice here, while a slice, reverse, reduce solution would look cleaner, cooler or whatever you wanna call it, that problem can be solved with a single for loop and it would be more performant.
>>
I want to make a functional frontend while touching as little Javascript as possible. What do?
>>
>>84450791
so a for loop and a lot of if ...else?
>>
>>84450861
You can do it without a single if/else and two ternary operators.
I'm counting on you anon.
Pen and paper usually helps when you're starting out.
>>
>>84450819
Okay, just do the old way then. Use templating engine or whatever.
>>
>>84450027
i know this post may be obsolete now but still
1) your loop exits once array.length lies within a certain range of values (> 0) but nowhere in your script is array's length being changed
2)
for (i = 13; array.length > 0; i - 2)
won't change the value of i. the "i - 2" part should be "i = i - 2" or "i -= 2". also "i = 13" and "j = 14" is declaring i and j as global variables
>>
>>84450888
Thanks but i'm honestly starting to grow tired of this exercise. I'll remember the tip though, as performant as possible.

>>84450940
I changed it up a little bit and the loops now read

(let i = array.length - 2; i >= 0; i = i - 2)

and it seemed to do the trick actually, it returns true now. Thanks a lot
>>
>>84450562
/g/ and /sci/ yes.
>>
>>84451135
Keep it up. Once you get it, if you want to see my solution just ask.
>>
>>84451375
I've honestly got no clue right now with my current syntax knowledge. I'd reckon you'd have to target even and odd index numbers from the array in some way. I'd love to see your solution.
>>
>>84448379
If you've only met random kids that have no ties to you whatsoever, no wonder you're being treated like shit.
Imagine having a niece or a daughter you grow up with, there's an entirely different dynamic and a level of respect.
>>
>>84451482
Well, there you go. It's just a matter of practice.

The cool kid solution
const validateCard = arr => {
return (
arr
.slice(0, arr.length - 1)
.reverse()
.reduce((acc, curr, idx) => {
const n = idx % 2 !== 0 ? curr : curr * 2;
return acc + (n > 9 ? n - 9 : n);
}, 0)
+ arr[arr.length - 1]
) % 10 === 0;
}

The old trusty foor loop solution
const validateCard = arr => {
let sum = 0;

for (let i = arr.length - 2; i >= 0; i--) {
const n = i % 2 !== 0 ? arr[i] : arr[i] * 2;
sum += (n > 9 ? n - 9 : n);
}

return (sum + arr[arr.length - 1]) % 10 === 0;
}
>>
>>84451534
>Imagine having a niece or a daughter you grow up with, there's an entirely different dynamic and a level of respect.
HA HA HA HA. Very funny. I had to install a doorknob because my niece kept taking my stuff and hiding it. Not only that, she's an insufferable zoomer cunt.
>>
File: file.png (51 KB, 1200x1200)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>84451595
Damn female kid
>>
>>84450027
>>84450039
here's mine :D
const isValidCreditCard = (array) => {
let sum = array
.slice(0, -1)
.reverse()
.map((value, index) => {
if (index % 2 === 0) {
return value * 2;
}
return value;
})
.map((value) => {
if (value > 9) {
return value - 9;
}
return value;
})
.reduce((acc, current) => {
return acc + current;
}, 0);

return (sum + 8) % 10 === 0;
};

console.log(
isValidCreditCard([4, 5, 3, 9, 6, 8, 9, 8, 8, 7, 7, 0, 5, 7, 9, 8])
);
>>
>>84451644
>
(sum + 8)

nuh-uh. read the last step again
>>
>>84451678
I wish I could follow instructions ;_;
thanks for pointing that out anon!
>>
File: shitsite.jpg (121 KB, 770x742)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>84446196
>>84446227
hey anon! thanks for this! I was loosely thinking about this for the past 2 weeks. Plenty of businesses around me have no website, or awful websites. So it might be possible. I'm just wondering if I'd actually get any local businesses to bite. I have a ton of ideas for marketing my services, but at the end of the day, I'd be dealing with some stubborn blue collar asshole that thinks I'm trying to scam.

But I wasn't sure if it would be possible with my skill level. I was kind of hoping to attract an anon to maybe help me dive into WordPress some more, or lead me in the right direction.

I was wondering if there was a way to practice using WordPress as well. Without launching a website online.

Anyway thanks kindly anon. You've given me what I needed.
>>
>>84451644
  return (sum + array.slice(-1)[0]) % 10 === 0;

okay fixed! :D
>>
>>84451056
i knoow who you are :3
>>
>boss' competition has amazing copy writing, content, images, etc
>try to mimic the competition
>write long articles, blog posts,etc
>boss re-writes dozens of hours of work because it "has to be a certain way"
I love when people that don't know what they're talking about take charge and then blame you later for shit results.
>>
>>84451861
>I love when people that don't know what they're talking about take charge and then blame you later for shit results.

That's pretty much what being a boss means.
At least all of my bosses were like that.
>>
>>84450004
make the parent display:flex, make it flex-flow: row, and when it's @media(max-width: 769) flex-flow:column; yw
>>
>>84451546
Thanks. Always worth seeing what more experienced devs would do with the same problem. It's actually impressive how many different ways there is to solve simple things.
>>
>>84452059
thanks much!
>>
chmod +x bump.sh
./bump.sh wdg
>>
>>84453712
chmod 744
>>
>>84453712
>bump.sh
can I see code?
º     u  º
>>
wtf is this shit
saw this in job browsing web app
× Send me alerts everydays
"); } /

This is the LAST custom code that is processed, so we end by revealing the entire page. The page was hidden in the first custom element of column 1 (CURRENT: Menu_Fix) */ $(".coreCSB.job-page.body").css("display", "grid"); $("").appendTo("head"); }); /
A function to adjust the size of the first column depending on the screen size */ $(function(){ function jobColumnOneChange(){ var width = $(window).
width(); var height = $(window). height(); if (width >= 768){ $('.jobColumnOne'). css('padding-right', '2%'); } else if (width >= 480){ $('.jobColumnOne'). css('padding-right', '5%'); } else{ $('.jobColumnOne'). css('padding-right', '5%'); } } /

Call the above function on page load, on page resize, and on page scroll */ jobColumnOneChange(); $(window).
resize(function(){ jobColumnOneChange(); }); $(window). scroll(function(){ jobColumnOneChange(); }); });
>>
File: 1610900679823.jpg (297 KB, 689x720)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>84453925
Absolutely disgusting
>>
I'm not a web dev and I've just been editing a template for the past while.
I just can't get the colour scheme right. The site is mainly dark colour (black for header/footers, black text and Orange for the few headings I have on the main page)
I've let a few people look at it and they say it's a bit dark and needs more colour to it. But there really isn't anywhere I can add more colour without it looking even worse. How do you guys get around this?
>>
>>84454037
Can you show a screenshot? If the content is sensitive, you can use web inspector to replace it with Lorem Ipsum as a placeholder
>>
>>84451362
You know that real 3D CP sometimes gets past the filters here? Just a friendly warning.
>>
File: file.png (96 KB, 1598x990)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>84454176
Yeah should have just done that. No clue about web design and I've tried looking at colour theory and such, I don't know what really matches with a white logo
>>
>>84454393
No idea why they say that's "a bit dark" considering the only dark thing there is the navbar. Looks fine from my perspective.
>>
>>84454193
Someone browsing 4channel at work is not likely to remain at that web job long anyways.
>>
File: file.png (98 KB, 1430x988)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>84454411
Yeah, I'm just worried that it look a bit too bland or boring which might put people away. I just want a functional website that isn't just massive blocks of pictures and massive font.
This is what is in the "Lorem 1" sub pages, I should probably add in a picture or something to break it up right?
>>
>>84454510
>Other web dev communities are so much better thankfully.
What are some other communities? I would like to check them out.
>>
so if a useState changes, the component re-renders, right?

what if you have multiple useStates that all change on one useEffect variable? does that mean it'll actually re-render multiple times? is there any way you can group the useState changes together so that multiple useState changes only re-renders once?

the only way I could think of doing this is to merge the multiple useStates into one useState object and to update the object in one go. Is this the correct approach?
>>
>>84454707
>what if you have multiple useStates that all change on one useEffect variable? does that mean it'll actually re-render multiple times?
useState is not synchronous, if you call multiple ones they'll just all happen together in one re-render
>>
File: 1492845441972.jpg (47 KB, 320x320)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>new client wants me to make some changes to his ASP.NET site with a 2 week deadline
>the last contractor precompiled and published the site to the server with Visual Studio and never pushed the source code anywhere
>the entire reason my client hired me is because the last guy ghosted him
How do I break the news that I can't do shit unless the other guy comes out of hiding or I rewrite the entire site?
>>
>>84454913
yeah you're right
import { useState, useEffect } from "react";

export default function App() {
console.log("render");
const [a, setA] = useState("A");
const [b, setB] = useState("B");
const [c, setC] = useState("C");

useEffect(() => {
setA("1");
setB("2");
setC("3");
}, []);

return (
<div className="App">
</div>
);
}

only prints "render" twice

my multiple renders are happening because of swr library
>>
>>84454452
I'm not long to live this life anyway.
>>
>>84455080
Just tell him, it's no use beating around the bush
>>
I'm going to be paying $5,000 to get a basic online store set up with ongoing maintenance/admin support. First time business owner, how shafted am I getting? Less than 10 products
>>
>>84455080
First thing, the source code is the company's property so the dev who ghosted could be forced by law to give it.
Also, you just tell them to provide you the source code so you can do your job. Once they realize they don't have the source code, they'll get it from the developer who ghosted them. The 2 week deadline is most likely fucked, I'm afraid.
>>
File: 20210608_045531.jpg (172 KB, 1200x833)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>84448143
still gets your dream job because he's better looking than you and more charismatic
>>
>>84455252
You're asking for both financial/business advice and technical advice on 4chan?
Man...
>>
>>84455324
Feedback/discussion on an image/discussion board
If you have nothing to say don't say anything.
>>
dear /wdg/ is hosting a porn site a good source of income? is it a good look for employeers?
>>
>>84455252
Are you saying that the 5k covers maintenance and admin support? If so I would expect them to maybe do it for a year or two before stopping.
It also depends on how basic we are talking to whether or not this is a good deal.
>>
>>84455665
Cheers, I don't know how long the coverage will be included but I intend to develop a long term relationship with them for other graphic design needs and expansion of the website when necessary. They're a local company with the most and best reviews
>>
>>84455252
pretty hard considering you can set up a basic ecommerce site for $20/mo on shopify, squarespare etc. in like 1 hour
>>
>>84455901
I looked in to that as well and it is an appealing option. Part of it is wanting to support local business over shopify, part of it is being able to specialize as needed without having to pay for 3rd party random plugins which will minimize the number of people I have to deal with, and part of it is the webdev on retainer aspect. More expensive in the beginning but could payout over the long run
>>
>>84455333
>If you have nothing to say don't say anything.
Technically he did say something, you just didn't like what was said or are too incompetent to realize what he was saying.
>>
is it possible to edit html, specifically a href in a <a> to include a URL param without js?
for example I want a link in view_a.html?id=1 to lead to new_b.html?parent_id=1 and the same link for id=2 to lead to a page with parent_id=2
only client-side
>>
>>84456595
That's one way to look at it
>>
>>84456635
yes, you just pass in the url you want the link to send you
>>
Well I made a bunch of counters but the code for the first box is a complete mess.
const MultipleCounters = () => {
const [counters, setCounters] = useState([0]);
const countersCont = useRef(null);
return (
<div
className={
"text-3xl grid rounded-sm max-w-max justify-items-center" +
" bg-gray-200 dark:bg-gray-700 p-3"
}>
<h3>Counters</h3>
<div className="flex text-sm space-x-1">
<button
className="bg-gray-300 dark:bg-gray-600 px-1"
onClick={() => {
if (counters.length <= 2) {
setCounters([...counters, 0]);
}
}}>
Add Counter
</button>
<button
className="bg-gray-300 dark:bg-gray-600 px-1"
onClick={() => {
setCounters([...counters].map((c) => 0));
}}>
Reset All
</button>
</div>
<div className="flex gap-x-1">
{counters.map((c, i) => {
return (
<div className="grid justify-items-center" key={i}>
{c}
<br />
<button
className="w-10 h-10 mt-1 rounded bg-gray-300 dark:bg-gray-600"
onClick={() => {
countersCont.current = [...counters];
countersCont.current[i] += 1;
setCounters(countersCont.current);
}}>
+
</button>
</div>
);
})}
</div>
</div>
);
};
>>
File: 1624237170516.png (18 KB, 666x201)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>84456743
forgot pic
>>
>>84454913
>useState is not synchronous, if you call multiple ones they'll just all happen together in one re-render
It is not guaranteed to be one re-render, but most likely just one.
>>
>>84455433
As I see it, the porn is not a problem. But making money off that kind of content usually requires you to do slightly nefarious stuff towards your users. Also the stuff you host on niche websites are often sketchy, if not outright illegal.
Those would be my concerns.
>>
Anyone here messed around with WebAssembly?
Is this the right place to ask?
I'm researching it right now and I think it's pretty cool.
>>
>>84440875
Learn design decoupled from the web part I guess...
>>
>>84457027
It's pretty cool yeah but I never messed around with it since it's useless for the work I do, but I hope someday I'll get around to it.
>>
>>84455080
>ASP.NET site
sad
>>
How does anyone gather the strength of will to use Cassandra? It's postgres minus 90% of the features because muh scaling.
>>
Please spoonfeed me on how .htaccess works. I can't get it to block a directory (apache2)
>>
>>84440814
any good resource for free-to-use svg art, clip arts, shapes, figures, and so on?
>>
>>84442821
Torrent them dumb ass nigga
>>
anyone have thoughts or input on locking content behind social media interaction (shares/retweets etc)?
best sites to use for this?
personal experiences?
>>
File: bat.png (81 KB, 276x337)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
today i start with teaching the adblocker-ers a lesson... our great country was built on capitalism, and these zoomers are treading on me; i, will simply do what the founding fathers wouldve wanted
for the dead presidents
>>
Worst fairy
>>
>>84440814
pt. 1 of MUM update:
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1460970568128385031

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2019/08/core-updates.html
>>
>>84459099
you're treading on me by shoving these ads all over the place. seems like the non aggression principle has been violated, just like your mother.
>>
>>84460384
i visited an old/test site from mobile today to see what was up and holy fuck there are so many ads
you zoomers havent seen 1% of "aggressive monetization of a site" nowadays, though. today we remind them
>>
>>84440814
My provider has failed me for the last time!
What host do you guys use? Domain buying, custom email, and all that jazz?
>>
>>84460482
i use namecheap and they have never failed me
>>
NAKADASHI
>>
>>84460511
Oh cool, it even accepts the euro.
>>
>>84440814
I like .net core
>>
Wtf does it mean to have
>linux
on your resume? On my resume I simply say I can comfortably use windows, macos and linux distros as my work environments but wtf do people mean when they put "linux" in their skills?
They know what a kernel is? They know how to use bash? They know how to use apt get? They know how to install linux on a machine? They know how to use a gui?
Wtf does linux on your resume mean? Wtf.
>>
>>84461958
Probably that you can use it for development and deployment
>>
>>84461958
it means all of those things
>>
File: 1637489933696.jpg (54 KB, 731x747)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Are there any certifications I should get for a junior dev position or is it enough to just have a github portfolio?
>>
File: 1581172653943.png (41 KB, 300x300)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>84440814
Yo any experienced dev care to give me his two cents on traditional programming vs Class based programming?
>>
>>84462168
Start with traditional, some things will naturally evolve to be a class
>>
>>84462189
Traditional one is what I must like 99% of the time. My method is to apply what I was told to do by those that taught me. Split everything into small functions that do one simple thing then divide into main function that orchestrates all the other functions, etc.
I'm able to do class based programming, but only when I'm forced to and low-key guided into it, it is not natural to me to think in a class based way. If there are clear benefits to Class based programming I'd love to adapt this style. ... Any exercises to end up thinking in Class based way? I've done quiet a good bunch of them already it is just it isn't my way to build programs, it's like very alien to me. I haven't been taught how to design them, just use them for the most part.
>>
>>84462236
It's useful on big programs where many programmers work together. Try designing a library, that's one of the way you can end up using it
>>
File: 1609049574796.png (233 KB, 500x573)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>Remix is a NEW JavaScript framework you MUST try
WHEN DOES IT END
>>
>>84462426
No it's not, everyone settled on React/Angular/Vue, just pick one. A JS framework is just like a backend language, you don't need to know all of them. Remix will also probably die and never be anything important, just like Redwood
>>
>>84462292
>Try designing a library
interesting, thx for the tip anon
>>
>>84462454
Another good example is data structures. I don't know what language you are working with, but you probably have a growable array and a dictionary that are objects
>>
>>84462468
>but you probably have a growable array and a dictionary that are objects
I "know" Java, PHP, Laravel, Node, but not sure what you mean. A dynamic (non defined lenght) array and some objects to shove inside of it?
>>
>>84462426
It ends when the devs of existing frameworks stop taking years to implement new features
>>
>>84461958
to me it means they can use Unix tools and have some general understanding of Linux
>>
>>84461958
Imo you should be able to use any mainstream Linux distro, setup your environment, install packages, setup Cron jobs, basic bash and terminal commands to troubleshoot basic problems.
>>
>>84462426
Seems like a dead end thing, or maybe it will become as big as htmx or something like that. Not commonly used, but works for small scale stuff.
Just go all in on React, it is the Java of the front end web. React will be here for decades, as it is slowly swapped out for something new and eventually crumble under it's own technical debt from old age.
>>
>get halfway done
>topic changes, 1300 words to rewrite (to rewrite again)
>instant tired
>type "nigga" into spotify
>"there it go (the whistle song)" - juelz santana starts playing
SONGSSSS OF THE BIRDSSSS!!
NO STOPPING! ONE MILLION PUNCH-CARDS A DAY!
>>
>>84451595
I have two sons and they're pretty great. Though they never get to use any of my electronics, and I have no plans to buy them a smartphone.
>>
>>84462426
>WHEN DOES IT END
It already has. Some new meme framework isn't going to change shit about the fact the big three frameworks have long since entrenched themselves.
>>
>watch tutorial
>15 seconds of silence
>non-pajeet voice greets you

Is there a better feel?
>>
>>84462426
I know the basics of React, Vue and Alpine and I refuse to touch anything else or keep with the latest up to date memes.
Literally unsubscribed from every newsletter because shit was driving me crazy.
I'm confident with my vanilla JS knowledge so if I get a new job I'll just learn whatever they use and call it a day.
>>
>add 401 basic authentication to site
>submit credentials
>firefox network monitor doesn't even show a request being sent
>server shows a request, but with no data

How the fuck does this shit work? I just want a simple keyword pass to a website. How is the username/password transmitted?
>>
File: 1613089769496.jpg (33 KB, 680x550)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Is it possible to add some sort of progress bar to a Promise.all function?
I have a scrapping script that goes through like 200+ URLs and it can take some time to finish and i need an indicator that would show if nothing froze or something.
>>
>>84440887
Pay a romanian 50€ on Fiverr to make you a design
>>
>>84464647

You're doing good sticking with React and Vue. Aren't you interested in backend stuff though ? If you do, and want to get hired, you should learn a proper backend lang for enterprise work. Either C# or Java. It'll be as good of an investment as your time spent learning JS.
>>
>>84466179
nta but if i enjoyed javascript, do you think i would enjoy c#? java seems excessively verbose and bloated, i really dont want to dig into that
>>
>>84465971
Promise.all takes in an array of promises. So, I would probably just wrap each promise in a function before using await Promise.all

let progress = 0;
let promises = [] // your promises here

const withProgress = (promise) => {
return new Promise(async (resolve, reject) => {
try {
let result = await promise()
progress++;
return result;
} catch (e) {
return reject(e);
}
});
}

let wrappedPromises = promises.map((promise) => withProgress(promise));

await Promise.all(wrappedPromises));

Now you can use the progress / promises.length to get percentage finished. btw didn't test anything written above and it might be ridden with syntax errors because I wrote directly into 4chan textbox.
>>
>>84465971

You can make a progress bar that goes from 0 to 100 in X seconds and make it stop at 95% if the response didn't arrive yet. Otherwise, whenever it arrives (at 50% for example), the progress bar/modal/view disappears and is replaced with the content.

Or, you can simply add a loading turning wheel, which, i think would be more appropriate to your situation since you have no reliable metric to measure the time it'll take to end the task.
>>
>>84466225

C# is one of the most satisfying languages for developpers. Yes, i think you might even end up even prefering it to JS.
>>
>>84466179
I will lean to backend eventually.
I decided to focus on front end when I was studying because it was easier to get into imo, but the amount of bullshit you have to deal with is stressing.
Also I hate modern web design and designers with passion.
>>
>>84466484
React and eventually a CSS library like Tailwind is enough. You don't need other stuff. What you need (for a job) is to work with Typescript and to use React along with Redux. Maybe Next for SSG React apps but not necessary.
>>
>>84466228
The progress works nicely now, however i now lose the actual scrapping results.
>>
>>84466726
that shouldn't be the case. Maybe you are forgetting to await the promise passed inside of your implementation of "withProgress"?

if your promise returns a result, then it being wrapped with withProgress will also pass the same result but just increment a number too. If the wrapped promise returns a value, then you'll get the values when Promise.all is finished.

maybe it's
await promise

instead of
await promise()

idk
>>
>>84466937
The 'result' in withProgress wrap has the actual data that i need actually.
If i console log it, it all gets printed out.
>>
>>84467038
oh lel I get it now
I forgot to resolve it lol

it should be
return resolve(result)

not

return result
>>
>>84467076
lmao yea it works now
thanks a lot
>>
>>84467160
anytime! :D
>>
>>84440814
What is the easiest to use SPA framework? I'm currently using Vue and wondering if there's something else out that that is simple and just werks.
>>
>>84467784
Maybe try Svelte?
>>
>>84465971
>>84466228
a fake loading bar is probably smarter and easier to be honest
>>
Can i somehow automatically merge package.json and package-lock.json with main in a way where it adds all the missing dependencies and doesn't remove anything?
>>
>>84468816
git stash
git pull
git stash pop
"accept both" on conflicts

I'd keep my current package-lock.json though, and run an npm install to update it
>>
>>84467988
I just got lucky and was able to see a doctors!! Its only shingles and I'm getting some prescriptions filled right now. All for $4 because I live in Canada. Any idea how much a 15min Dr visit + written prescription + common meds would cost in the states? Just curious.

>>84468194
seriously? if this isnt bait, I feel bad for you, whether it's your fault or not. Living with a visible chronic condition can be worse than a shitty invisible one.

I think I'll live a few more years and see my Learn Chinese app to it's completion. VueJs is a dream to work with compared to ReactJS and it's bullshit state updates
>>
I want to upload mp4 from the client to the server for ffmpeg conversion and then back to the client. Is there any reason to use websockets over http? I'm not sure what the best approach would be.
>>
Any guides on dynamic meta tags? I'm developing a website where I'm supposed to be able to share links to products via facebook and each product name/description/image should show when viewed on fb. What should I do?
>>
>>84469867
HTTP is bloat
>>
>2021
>HTML still exists
what went wrong? it's a relic from the 90s
>>
>Getting to ending stages on developing my website
>Starting to blank out and feel hopeless about what I'm actually gonna put on here
>>
>>84457761
I figured it out
>enter "sudo a2enmod rewrite" into console
>restart apache
>go to etc/apache2/apache2.conf
>go to line <Directory [site root]
>change "AllowOverride None" to "AllowOverrideAll" for both entries
>>
>>84470259
What language/framework are you using
>>
>>84470717
Angular
>>
>>84470655
>I figured it out
how?
>>
>>84440814
Isn't this board sfw? That's straight up porn.
Not that I hate it tho.
>>
I can't even build this shitty ecommerce website. Gonna fucking end it.
>>
>>84450819
Phoenix Liveview
>>
Writing my first webcrawler, bros. Using Python (pyppeteer) for it.
How tf is the target website noticing me?
>if I open pyppeteer's browser (chromium in a certain folder) and go to the website through it, it doesn't get bothered
>if I call pyppeteer's launch(headless=false)+newPage and manually type the website from there, I get one request before being shut off
I can only imagine pyppeteer itself is leaving a trace, but.... where? It accepts Javascript and should be a normal browser.
>>
>>84471276
Really depends. Have you tested your crawler with different sites and especially known "good" ones like wikipedia?
>>
>>84471334
Yeah, the logic in it is solid.
It really is a 403 issue and I wanna know how tf they could be onto me
>>
>>84471383
If you don't want to provide a link to the site you are trying to crawl, you could at least post the complete request headers. There has to be something.
Also try to disable JS and watch for differences
>>
>>84471276
Are you using pyppeteer_stealth?
>>
>>84471506
I-i am not
I feel very retarded now, but I'll take a look at it and see if it works

>>84471474
>you could at least post the complete request headers
I don't think it's the headers, really. But I'll try the JS tip, it sounds.... interesting
>>
>>84467784
Everything is the same, just different kind of flavor. Every year there will always be at least one new shiny new framework or library, you'll get to the point where you just don't care anymore. Just learn one and master it so that you have enough knowledge when your job requires another framework.
>>
>>84440814
But... why are her ass-cheeks down on the back of her thighs? Has the artist actually ever seen a real girl before? And the placement of those strings looks... seriously painful!
>>
>>84470781
My issue was htaccess support wasn't enabled in apache2.4, all the search results were for older versions of apache, and that was what I was doing wrong.
The instructions are in the previous post.
>>
>>84470781
>>84471937
But to block a directory entirely put a file called ".htaccess" in the folder with the text "deny from all"
>>
>>84457761
>>84471937
htaccess support is disabled by default because it's terrible for performance and you can accomplish all the same things in the actual apache config without affecting performance. Don't enable it unless you actually need to.
>>
>>84471541
>I'll take a look at it and see if it works
Well?
>>
>>84471976
>you can accomplish all the same things in the actual apache config
Could you explain please. I barely know what I'm doing here. Trying to password protect a directory.
>>
File: 1484029687868.jpg (30 KB, 400x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>84472094
Sorry anon, was still running some tests here
But yeah, it seems to have worked. Thanks a lot fren
>>
>>84472336
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-password-authentication-with-apache-on-ubuntu-14-04
>>
So it was just a header issue after all?
>>
Currently teaching myself web dev to try, working on ostensibly portfolio projects. So far have used just HTML/CSS/JS in these projects, latest one is a fairly basic online shop but which uses Node.js and Node's SQLite module to interact with a server-side database file (so I know some SQL now).

I'll probably have most of this one done within the next couple of days - what would be best to start learning next? I'm assuming React?
>>
Have I wasted my time by learning angular?
>>
>>84472907
depends on your goals
but yeah react with next.js would be a good next step to learn a frontend framework
>>
is making a living out of wordpress morally bad as web dev
>>
>>84472482
Maybe, not sure
I can't get it to pass as a headerless, though.
The only difference I can notice is the viewport/screen, but changing viewport doesn't seem to do much - and changing "screen" doesn't seem to be a thing within pyppeteer
>>
>>84473103
Retards will always use WordPress because it's WordPress. No shame in profiting off of them.
>>
>>84472939
yes
>>
>>84473103
Yes but do it anyway
>>
>>84473103
nah but i hope it dies soon
if there are people who want to streamline this awful experience, then there should be people like you making money to do that
>>
What the fuck is wrong with people that they thought graphql was a good idea
>Oh yeah you can return data and error at the same time, in case part of the request succeeds and part of it fails coz you know thats something you actually want to be able to do
>Having client libraries throw on error? Nah lol just manually check the errors property before checking the data property of the returned struct bro party like its 1995.
Whoever thought up this crazyworld bullshit has to have been sleeping through the last 40 years of web development experience.
>>
>>84473103
Boomer friend runs wordpress for 8 years, his designer vanished so he chips me a few hundred to update his catalog. I keep it just for his peace of mind without radical changes. Hosting is expensive but a grain of salt to company profits so IDGAF.
>>
>>84474897
not him but how much did your friends hosting cost?
>>
>>84474905
~$200 a year. i know.
I tried running WP2Static so I can stick that shit on Cloudflare Pages and ditch the jew host, but the php is too old and I don't wanna break shit with updates.
>>
>>84474927
thats really not a lot of money to spend on a high-traffic site, if its business. you can go cheaper but at the expense of speed, which costs a lot of other things
>>
Any nice hosting/domain name sales on black Friday? searching "black Friday sale hosting" only yields me dozens of ads
>>
>>84466256
>C# is one of the most satisfying languages for developpers. Yes, i think you might even end up even prefering it to JS.
Based. I too love C#, but TS is my choice of pain these days. Mixing the type safety of a compiled language with the speed of a dynamic one. It is not perfect at either, but it hits the sweet spot for me.
>>
>>84473103
I don’t touch wp anymore but I made a lot of money from it. There’s a lot of digital agencies that need wp freelancers all the time and you can charge good money if you know what you’re doing.
>>
Any git projects that record html5 video element from livestreams?
>>
File: rat2-tr_1k.jpg (2 KB, 244x244)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
how schizo do you go with your inter-linking in docs? so far in this one ive got:
>((link-to-doc_anchor-03) & link to 03-1, for above snippet related (see highlight(yellow(?)))
>where anchor-03-1 links to 03 also
i missed it like you wouldnt believe!
>>
>>84475317
Every day is black friday if your registrar doesn't markup icann fees :D
>>
for me, its
_anchor-1 , _anchor-2 -...> _anchor-9
then
_anchor-01 , anchor-02 -...> _anchor-09
up until _anchor-11 -...> _anchor-99

it works very nicely with roman numerals + ticker tape, when you set a line at the top/bottoms of the tapes so it can all stream into one, using 10 as a separator (X) or "DEL" 7F7F7F7F7F7F :3 heh
>>
>>84475876
i mean... breadcrumbs
web development.
>>
in javascript there is keydown event that fires everytime i press a key, but i need an event that fires every time a character is written
so if i hold "a" key down to write say aaaaaaaaaa i want an event to trigger every time that "a" is written, is there such event?
>>
>>84475589

TS and C# is the absolute best combo for a webapp.
>>
>>84476581
Written to where? An input? See the ‘change’ event
>>
>>84477061
not him, but I did some "testing" and it doesn't seem to do the needful, I wonder if keydown together with some wizardry (save input and compare with input every 0.001 seconds) would do the needful
>>
>>84442821
rutracker ofc
>>
>>84477061
in a form input field test
>>
>>84477061
>change
that only fires on blur, not even every time you press a key
>>
it's oninput you nerds
>>
>>84476581
Use the on key event and use an if statement to filter out the events you want.
>>
>>84477026
I just go full TS. React/Next + Node/Nest. It just makes it so easy and quick to make a website or webservice.
>>
I'm making an image board, I want to know how to replace the quotes in a reply with the link to the quote. How do you get them from js? with a regex?
>>
>>84477770
this is one way:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/replaceAll
>>
>>84440814
im so fucking tired of seeing this image and images of like it from you people
>>
>>84477120
use the 'input' event then https://jsfiddle.net/ufsxed73/
learn to read the docs, it's very easy to look at the available events
>>
>>84477820
it's the latest schizo trying his best to shit up the threads
>>
>>84477795
cheers mate I've worked it out with this
>>
File: 1637480728186.png (80 KB, 148x268)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>84477832
you couldn't be more right, I kneel
>>
>>84477843
not me posting this stuff
>>
File: 1506366333760.png (74 KB, 221x225)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
Is there any way of quickly checking if any of JSON properties are 'undefined' other than checking each one "by hand"?
>>
>>84478034
You might want a full-on JSON validation library.
You might also not.
>>
File: hhh.jpg (86 KB, 606x610)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Why is my fucking type union not working?

const courseParts: CoursePart[] = [
{
name: "Fundamentals",
exerciseCount: 10,
description: "This is the leisured course part",
type: "normal"
},
{
name: "Advanced",
exerciseCount: 7,
description: "This is the harded course part",
type: "normal"
},
{
name: "Using props to pass data",
exerciseCount: 7,
groupProjectCount: 3,
type: "groupProject"
},
{
name: "Deeper type usage",
exerciseCount: 14,
description: "Confusing description",
exerciseSubmissionLink: "https://fake-exercise-submit.made-up-url.dev",
type: "submission"
},
{
name: "Backend development",
exerciseCount: 21,
description: "Typing the backend",
requirements: ["nodejs", "jest"],
type: "special"
}
];

types:

export interface courseParts {
courseParts: CoursePart[];
}

export interface CoursePartBase {
name: string;
exerciseCount: number;
type: string;
}

export interface CoursePartBase2 extends CoursePartBase {
description: string
}

export interface CourseNormalPart extends CoursePartBase2 {
type: string;
}
export interface CourseProjectPart extends CoursePartBase {
type: "groupProject";
groupProjectCount: number;
}

export interface CourseSubmissionPart extends CoursePartBase2 {
type: "submission";
exerciseSubmissionLink: string;
}

export interface CourseRequirementPart extends CoursePartBase2 {
type: "special",
requirements: string[]
}

export type CoursePart = CoursePartBase | CoursePartBase2 | CourseNormalPart | CourseProjectPart | CourseSubmissionPart | CourseRequirementPart;

The problem is in pic related. Typescript doesn't infer the correct type. It's always "CoursePartBase" when for example in the case of part.name being "Fundamentals" the type should clearly be CoursePartBase2.
>>
>>84478545
Try removing the bases from the type CoursePart
>>
>>84478693
Didn't work, it still somehow infers CoursePartBase
>>
>>84478545
read docs on discriminating unions, can't be bothered to write a load
also why do you have 2 base interfaces? doesn't seem needed
>>
>>84478545
And I think you should match part.type in the switch.
>>
>>84478740
Thanks, I can see the description field now
I just wonder why matching part.name didn't work?
>>
>>84440814
fairy funny ToT
>>
>>84478831
I believe it's because the property has to be a constant, so typescript can infer the type. Name-property is just any string.
>>
>>84477638
Yeah, it's also a great solution for most scenarios. If you're working with something too heavy with a complex architecture, it's the moment to switch from Nest to .NET.
>>
>>84477638
>>84479281
...Otherwise, Next/GraphQL/Nest/Postgres is my go to tool. Quick to set up, quick to deploy.
>>
Netlify is weird, the first time I deploy my site and submit a form it shows the "we received your submition" standard message from their site, but the second time the submit button just doesn't do nothing after submitting the form, the form post still being sent but it doesn't reload the page or show the standard message, it doesn't nothing. I'm doing something wrong?
>>
I don't know why I have so much trouble with freecodecamp. I find it very difficult to read the content on their page. I don't know if it's the spacing, the font, or the fact that they just drop random topics on you out of nowhere. Javascript.info? I can breeze through it. FCC? takes me like 10 minutes just to read the lesson area. What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
File: viktor.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
When will modern web-design and its designers die? It's all so terrible, why is it so terrible. A horror monstrosity.
A corrupted don't make me think approach, dark patterns, making things you don't have to do seem mandatory, SPA everywhere, useless transformations everywhere, mobile design on desktop, giant pages without any useful information, infinite scrolling, home pages you have to scroll through.
Why, who is promoting this? Who is promoting this. Why is the front-end like this, slow, bad functionality, no functionality at all, bloated, evil, over-engineered. Wtf is this.
>>
>>84479458

I have a question for you. How do you find the design of the following websites: Instagram - Facebook - Google - Github - Heroku.
>>
>>84479623
Instagram - bearable, they haven't changed much
Facebook - terrible in every way
Google - ? it's an input box, what do you want
Github - It's good profile and repository wise, otherwise it's bad
Heroku - I don't use it, from its front-page I already dislike it
>>
>>84478034
wrap it with a try catch statement
>>
File: the-scraper.png (659 KB, 1545x869)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
>>84440814
I've recently finished working on a scraper for my small project using lxml and python. Does anyone here have a comprehensive cheat-sheet for writing XPath?

Also, please enjoy pic related I made.
>>
>>84479852
I like it anon
Since we're here:
H-how do I dodge ReCaptcha v2 for free? Doesn't need to be perfect, just wanna add it to my project as a "proof of concept" kind of thing
>>
>>84479707
>Github - It's good profile and repository wise, otherwise it's bad
What's bad about it ?

Also, share with me some example of good website UIs so i understand what you mean.
>>
>>84479931
I've already explained it. I just hate using the modern web because everything is so large, nausea inducing movement of elements, useless content, nauseating transformations, nothing in one place, and so on.
Just look at this front page, scroll through it, it's horrendous.
>github.com
idk, youtube? other than infinite scrolling. I use DFtube on it though but it's not in your face, shows you what you want, intuitive functionality, doesn't use transformations everywhere, and so on.
>>
>>84480012
strictly speaking design-wise that is, I don't like youtube as a "company"/service.
>>
>>84480012
and I mean it, not just nauseating as a word I use for effect, I get genuine mild sea sickness
>>
>>84479914
If it's the normal v2 captcha's (not the invisible captchas) then unfortunately you're gonna have to use a paid third-party solving service (i.e. 2captcha).

Otherwise, you can try this if you have a beefy machine: https://github.com/PatrickLib/captcha_recognize or if you are using Selenium (headless chrome) you can try and load an extension (such as https://github.com/dessant/buster).

I know these aren't perfect solutions and a lot of the time they require a lot of work to get it working, but it is what it is.
>>
File: 23423.png (1.94 MB, 1919x1079)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>used to learn stuff and code after work
>haven't done anything in 2 months
>stopped browsing coding websites and reading newsletter

How do I get the itch back anons?
>>
>>84480268
i usually think of a cool idea when i take a shit and jump to start it before i flush
>>
>>84480268
stop porn if you haven't, you can try taking nicotine (not cigarettes) whenever you study and train giving you a craving for it. Haven't tried it though lol.
>>
>>84480268
You dont man. Is all downhill from there. And then you start thinking about retiring ......................
>>
>>84480288
Yeah I'm thinking starting an interesting project would be an ideal way of learning something new.
I don't have the patience to sit through tutorials anymore.

>>84480335
>>84480339
I think it's just a mix of work being boring and stale as fuck (working with legacy code), cold weather, and not working out due to a leg injury.

>you can try taking nicotine
I wouldn't advice you to do that. That thing is literally poison. It was used for pest control in the past and they dropped it because it was too efficient and killed pretty much everything.
>>
>>84480398
nicotine is a nootropic though
>>
>>84446151
>it took me several (like 5+) attempts to understand JavaScript
I needed to hear something like that
>>
This is how i've been seeing it.

Ok I'm 31 years old now.

I don't have a career, children, or even a girlfriend (haven't had one in 3 years or so, and before that it was about 6 years).
I don't even have a ######6 job, I am self employed doing computer stuff, which I hate, i've had jobs but can't keep them.

I'm a nice looking guy not ugly, a little overweight.

I have trouble paying rent alot of the time.

I was diagnosed with shcziophrenia at 16 and eversince then I have had anxiety.

First I couldn't smoke pot, then I had panic attacks when I did meth.

Ok the pot and meth I could live without.
But now I cannot drink anymore.

I have recently relasped into this $#%^ of anxieity psychosis or whatever the f*ck it is I have right now.

I ######6 hate taking risperidol, the $#%^ makes me sleeply and depressed as ###$.

Don't get me wrong I have thought about suicide for a long time.

But I mean I have no plan, nor do I plan onhaving a plan, I am thinking I am going to go thru this same $#%^ over and over again.

I am so ######6 ###$ up rightnow,

Anyone got out of the webdev path to another tech field ? how did it go ? is it the same thing over and over ?
>>
>>84480512
Thanks for the blog, how do I subscribe?
No, seriously, why would anyone who got out of this field would be browsing /wdg/ of all places?
>>
>>84480526
>No, seriously, why would anyone who got out of this field would be browsing /wdg/ of all places?

i DONT KNOW MAYBE FEEDING ON THE MISERY OF OTHER PEOPLE like me
>>
>>84480512
Everyone doesn't have the same path anon. Avoid comparing your life to that of others. Pot and meth definitely played a role in your condition.

I know 3 people from my close circle who had schyzophrenia and 1 with a severe depression. The shit they give you takes all motivation and/or will power out of you. Sadly, there's no advice i can give you other than suggesting that you embrace your condition and accept it instead of feeling overwhelmed by stress whenever it happens. You need to get out of your comfort zone but at the same time you should avoid rushing and stressing over things. Sport will definitely help you a lot. Find a job where you will have to work with others, even if it's a mcdonald's job. Your revenues are already unstable. What you should look for is something that will help you pay the bills and stay busy and with others.

Depression and its medication sucks all your will power. There's two ways out of your condition. The first is suicide. The second is that you figure out a way to appreciate life again. Even if it comes with a big loss. You can find hapiness in simple things.

I hope you will heal from you illness soon. Stay strong fren.
>>
>>84480803
it instead of feeling overwhelmed by stress whenever you start worrying about it*
>>
i'm losing my mind over this.
is there any way to "limit" my join() in javascript by type?
for example:
1) I have the string "abc1def=cd" and I want to turn it into ["abc", "1", "def", "=", "cd"]
2) Turn it into an array (that's the best way i can think on doing this), now everything is separated.
3) Create a function that joins the aforementioned array by type, then return the array.
I can't find a way to join according to the type.
>>
>>84480221
Thanks fren
>>
>>84480947
I'm still searching about it, it came to my mind that maybe I could use regex to separate it?
I have 0 idea how to do it in regex, I don't need someone to do it for me, i just need to know if its possible.
>>
File: Sin título.png (23 KB, 1042x232)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
wtf? How do I use width: -webkit-fill-available?
Because if I write it like that on my css it doesn't work. Thank you
>>
no obtuvo ningun resultadooooooo
SUGERENCIAS LA BUSQUENDAAAAAA
>>
>>84481159
If you add "-term" on Google it hides results that include "term". Surround it in quotes.
>>
>when a backend mongoloid complains about the state of modern web dev and then designs a website like debian.org
>>
File: 1632252758379.png (1.5 MB, 1008x1024)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>when backend and frontend are arguing and i tell them to shut the fuck up
>>
>>84479931
>What's bad about it ?
github should look like a text editor desu. Aka have tree file browser and code preview on the right side
>>
File: 20211103_001908.png (182 KB, 467x239)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>an hour spent trying to fix cors error
>turns out I switched res and req on the router function
>>
File: .jpg (81 KB, 750x937)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>learn JS
>I'm a full stack dev now
>>
File: 176.png (433 KB, 532x582)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>84480970
No worries, and good luck on your project.
>>
>>84481792
press "." when you open a repository.
>>
File: 906[1].jpg (55 KB, 912x1024)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>learns firebase
>I'm a full stack dev now
>>
>>84470750
There seems to be a "Meta" service that allows you to do everything you want with meta tags.

Look at the official docs, they might help you: https://angular.io/api/platform-browser/Meta
>>
I'm working on a SCADA style system for small scale systems. I want a drag and drop editor for designing processes. But I do not know what to use?
It must play nice with uploading SVG's and "process stp descriptions" into a database/filesystem.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.