[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unbutofftheinternet.png (92 KB, 1200x720)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
Did you know Ubuntu shit itself if the drive where it's installed runs out of available space? which can happen with all those fucking snap automatic updates.
Did you know that the more it tries to boot up the more corrupted the installation gets, it ends in a endless loop.
Now if you excuse me, I gotta move some very valuable files to another another safe (not ubuntu based) distro and take a shower because I literally shat myself.
>>
>>83821635
>files
Can't you just copy them to a USB stick or something?
Shouldn't you have already done that anyway, if they're valuable?
>>
>>83821635
Why can other distros boot in this scenario and Ubuntu can't?

I was under the impression most Linux distros shit themselves when the disk runs out of space.
>>
>>83821667
read, nigga, read
>which can happen with all those fucking snap automatic updates.
>>
>snap
whats wrong with git pull. you can run it every once in a while
>>
>>83821635
How do I unsubscribe?
>>
File: 1580780861814.jpg (23 KB, 373x406)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>83821635
This exact shit happened to me a month ago, I was torrenting some shit and turned my computer off, when I turned it back on it was frozen on boot and couldn't do anything about it. Thankfully all my files were still there, by using DiskInternals Linux Reader I managed to get everything off it and get a completely new SSD I had lying around

Really love Lubuntu but that shit was annoying and frustrating as fuck, why take up hard drive space if it's not going to use it to boot?
>>
>>83821635
meme os
>>
>>83821660
Ubuntu won't even boot, but you can copy files from another distro like a liveusb or using some windows based ext3 file reader.
you could also try deleting some unneeded files using the ubuntu recovery settings, assuming there are some, like older kernels etc, if there ain't any to delete so you can free up some space you're fucked.

Windows 10 doesn't have this problem btw, if you run of space, Windows will free some by removing the pagefile or deleting old crashdump reports, thumbnail cache etc. but even if you do run 100% out of space it still manages to boot.
>>
File: 1634195786146.jpg (41 KB, 1024x512)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Ubuntufags btfo, use real operating system
>>
>>83821675
So what you're confirming is every Linux distro will shit itself and die when it runs out of space. And Snap is shit. Cool beans. Im team flatpak myself.
>>
Linux is a toy you fuck around with on an empty drive. You're not supposed to actually use it for work/important data.
>>
>>83821844
been using linux on 20gbs partition for 3 months now. still havent ran out of space somehow. granted i keep data in separate partition
>>
>>83821823
no, im telling that snaps will break your system
>>
>>83821635
>Did you know Ubuntu shit itself if the drive where it's installed runs out of available space?
Yes. Arch shits itself too, although it can still boot,
>>
>>83821635
I'll take things that never happened for 200, thank you!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.