[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OIP7.png (55 KB, 1200x1116)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
Why is Microsoft so hellbent on forcing people to use this garbage? Nobody I know uses it, yet MS keeps adding stupid shit like the Meet Now button to Windows. Fuck Teams.
>>
File: 49FACD96D3.jpg (134 KB, 630x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>Why does microsoft want people to use their program which records video, audio and text communications?
>>
>>83817627
I WILL RAPE HER SIR. DO NOT REDEEEM IT
>>
>>83817835
Nice selfie
>>
my company (nvidia) uses it, i strongly prefer it over webex that we're transitioning away from
>>
The company I work for uses it. I haven't had issues. The way it integrates with outlook is nice too.
>>
>>83817613
Everyone I know uses it. Anon I think you might have been left out :(
>>
meet now is skype tho
>>
>>83817613
>can uninstall Teams
>can't uninstall Cortana, Maps, Get Help, or the Camera app
win some lose a lot
>>
>>83817613
I use it at work, but not for anything important
>>
>>83817964
This. It just works
>>
I know one girl that uses it, she's the coldest cunt I've ever met, is it Microsoft's fault?
>>
>>83817613
We still use it at Microsoft. It’s terrible :(

GitHub chads get to use slack, no fair
>>
I need to use this shit for university, it's invasive as fuck even in Linux. I take it out of the startup programs and it puts itself back in at the next boot
>>
>>83817613
works better than anything else
>>
>>83817613
Yeah. It's bad. It has a lot of features but really and this is kind of funny this set of applications is way more reliable:
Mumble
Pidgin
Got me on screen sharing. Vnc is still voodoo to me.
>>
>>83817613
Complain to your superior instead of complaining on this board. It's useless just like the value of the Microsoft partnership agreement the institution that forced you to use Teams has
>>
>>83817613
It's for Businesses that have money to waste of bullshit Microsoft products.
>>
Corporations use it, desu I tolerate it, it's nice to have chat, meetings and calendar in the same place.
>>
That's what I thought after seeing it integrated into Windows 11. I guess they want regular people to use it for communication, but it's clearly a business oriented service. Just make a fucking separate thing for regular users. What about Skype? Is that forgotten now? What do you tell your family to use? You get one shot and they'll never switch once they're comfortable with it. Is Microsoft going to pull a Google and remove it later on like how Google did with Allo? Cause that was fun looking like the retard of the family after getting everyone on board with Allo...

This shit is so fucking stupid no wonder people use iMessage.
>>
i have to use it for work, it's not entirely terrible, the linux client is cucked as fuck though which shits me on the regular.
>>
>>83820221
Gonna play devils advocate here

You can uninstall teams
You can still install skype
friends & family can and have dropped skype for discord despite how comfortable everyone was with it, that shit directly gave people your IP address and no one cared
>>
For kids that have homeschool due to corona they want to capitulate on that and make the extra bucks
>>
>>83817613
When lockdowns started (early 2020), my university used Teams as the main hub for online communication and the app was light af. And I mean I could open browser, ms word, and Teams. It was as light as Zoom. It was great for students with low end hardware. Then mid to late 2020, they started adding unnecessary trash, redesign the UI, and made it unbearable. Now its just a steaming pile of bloated shit. I feel like some devs/corpos are just out of touch with the reality. Why people prefer zoom? cuz its fast, easy, light. Teams was just that early on, not so anymore. Tbh I want off this ride. Teams consumes A LOT of ram, and power.

inb4 seething / werks on my machine
>>
We use it at work when there's an online meeting.
>>
>>83817613
What’s funny is they had a beloved messenger product they discontinued. They could have easily transformed it into what Teams is today over time and people would still be using it.
>inb4 ads; there were patches to remove them
>>
>>83820579
Later on they bought Skype and didnt even bother using it. Now they are pushing Teams.
>>
>>83817613
>Nobody I know uses it
Nice anecdotal evidence nerd, our 700+ employees use it, you can manage everything from the admin panel
>>
>>83818328
>can't uninstall Cortana, Maps, Get Help, or the Camera app
Our windows images deployed at my company doesn't have them, its pro without most modern apps, its almost like ltsc but you get updates and new features via wsus.
>>
>>83820568
No one will defend teams, trust me, we upgraded 100+ machines from 4 to 8gb week since we started using it
>>
>>83819989
Use the web browser version only
>>
>>83820626
I did a normal Windows 11 Pro install using the ISO/build that the Windows Media Creation Tool grabs automatically.

I know form experience with Windows 10 I could manually remove Cortana, so I assume the others as well, but its just a gaming PC so I don't want to start forcefully taking ownership of system files and editing the registry, I am just gonna let the OS do its thing, and uninstall if it becomes overbearing
>>
>>83820579
>that feel when youd come home from school, go onto the family computer and log onto msn messenger, and wait for your crush to come online.
my god that might be the comfiest screenshot of all time
>>
>>83820579

I'm somewhat sure this product when on to become Microsoft Lync, which then became Microsoft Teams

each rebrand has been worse than the last
>>
It's super popular in buessnes because they shilled it hard (using their giant advertising platform windows) at just the right time.

The software itself sucks and is just a slack clone sloppily made in electron. There's tons of such apps like discord, which is much better.

>>83820568
Oh, MS has taken over and destroyed the world's most popular chat applications twice. First MSN, which was great and then destroyed. Everyone moved to Skype, Ms bought Skype and destroyed it.
>>
>>83820668
>I don't want to start forcefully taking ownership of system files and editing the registry
Frankenbuilds can't update, just disable it
>>
>>83817613
>eats up all the RAM and crawls it to a grinding halt on my otherwise perfectly working laptop
Fuck electron, people who write apps using this shit will go to hell

>https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comments/i2eo34/any_tricks_to_reduce_the_memory_consumption_of_ms/

>600 MB -1gb memory is nothing, ram is meant to be used. Teams is one of the most important tools for work.... I would expect to consume ram.

Motherfuck these corporate boot licking reddit shills defending teams
>>
>>83820698
It sounds strange but I feel like that would defeat the purpose of me installing W11 early in the first place, I wanted the experience other people would get, so it is more like I am evaluating it as a daily driver, I have no issue going back to W10 or going full Linux Gamer again. I did atleast disable Cortana from running at start up and appearing on the taskbar
>>
Teams is fine, we use it at work exclusively since we started working from home in April 2020 and it works fine. Could use minor UI and search tweaks maybe. I also don't like the behavior when sharing files directly in the chat, but can see arguments for it.

The only real issue I had with it was talking to someone from outside of my organization was annoying but not sure if it's a teams thing or the way my company policy is setup.
>>
>>83817613
>Want share a file
>Drag and drop
>Doesn't work
>Error message is truncated so I can't debug
>Logs don't actually log anything
And then when you get the fucking thing to work it doesn't even share the file, it actually uploads the file to one drive and then shares a download link. Naturally it doesn't tell you that this is happening.
>>83820716
>Fuck electron
Bro, it's not Electron. I've written a couple of Electron based applications for work and they consume (at most) 200 mb. Sure not great, but I've no idea what Microsoft is doing with teams.
>>
>>83817613
They want to force corporate wagies to use their service. Can't use cell phone at work because of 'security policy'? Good thing we have MS Teams. It's so secure that the NSA prefers it over their SuperSecureTM Keyloggers
>>
>>83817613
I only have this on my work laptop. HR wanted me to install it on my phone but I said no, because it required a weird app that would turn my phone into a company phone.
I hate the automatic yellow bubble shit, everyone can see if you're actually working or not
So I made a simply python script to send a key press every 60 second and now I have a green bubble every day even when I'm shitting

Something like this
n = 0
while (n< arg_for_time_minutes)
sleep(60)
Send Key press for F15
n+=1
print(n)
>>
>>83820579
>non-antialiased windows xp font
S O V L
>>
>>83822997
>I hate the automatic yellow bubble shit, everyone can see if you're actually working or not
I just put a little few ounces weight on the shift key lol
>>
>>83817613
It works... all right. Have been using it daily since corona began. I think its biggest downside and also whats keeps it from ever being good is that its made in FUCKING ELECTRON HOLY SHIT FUCK THAT GARBAGE.
>>
>>83821995
Core of Teams takes around 300MB at most, the rest is telemetry on top of telemetry bullshit so they can supply your data to 3 letter agencies all across the country.
>>
>>83820579
>>83820596
This. Its so strange. They had one product like it, then killed it. Then bought Skype and obviously had no idea what to do with it. Then they make some shoddily put together electron app and then goes "oh shit this is the one we have been waiting for!".
>>
>>83820678
Lync was even "Skype for Business" in between (which I'm still using as part of Office 2016 at work, no cloud allowed when business secrets are on the line), which was all the brand name was really good for.
>>
>>83823588
>lync
Ha! forgot it even existed. Used it very shortly before teams was introduced.
>>
>>83823327
Those were truly bizarre times when everyone was told to turn off antialiasing for screenshots so that the feelings of CRT users were not hurt.
>>
>>83817613
It looks to me that people forgot how big the world is, some groups of people schools workplaces use teams not becaue it's the best but because it's convienient to choose this program
>>
>>83817613
>Nobody I know works at any type of business
you say fuck teams but I say fuck webex and zoom. it is better alternative and guess what fuckface already included with your E3
>>
why would anyone use teams? use jitsi
>>
>>83817613
while team is a horrible application, its backend customizability is fucking amazing.
i fucking hate teams so much but being able to control who can invite who, sharing tenants, blocking file sharing, who can invite who, all that is good to have for companies.
the app sucks balls tho and i fucking hate it so much

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.