[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: denuvo.jpg (15 KB, 640x400)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Hurr durr security by obscurity is useless
Apologize.
>>
security philosophers BTFO
>>
>>83392406
>>>/v/
>B-But i-it's technology!
No it's not fuck off to your dedicated bing bing wahoo board.
>>
>>83392503
im afraid thats technology. a one that made piracy cool again like 2000s all over again
>>
>>83392503
cope
>>
>>83392406
Games that use this tend to share one similar quality, being shit. Also aren't these faggots charging insane amounts so that devs can keep using their product so it always gets removed after a few months? I am in no hurry, i will gladly wait.
>>
File: morph.jpg (65 KB, 1352x567)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>83392406
>Denuvo
>Piracy
What if I told you Denuvo's true purpose is to get people to buy brand-new CPUs?
>>
File: den.jpg (24 KB, 640x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>83392406
>Hurr durr I like playing video games at a high framrate without stutters.
Apologize
>>
>>83392406
If you have security by obscurity, obscure people will defeat your security and not tell you

Security thru simplicity on the other hand is a lot simpler.
>>
>>83392406
yeh that was always nonsense. obscurity is the first, and most important, layer of security. the attacker cannot attack what he cannot find.
>>
>>83392406
Yes it's useless. Microsoft and Apple should be ashamed of themselves for thinking otherwise.

Security through obscurity (or security by obscurity) is the reliance in security engineering on design or implementation secrecy as the main method of providing security to a system or component. Security experts have rejected this view as far back as 1851, and advise that obscurity should never be the only security mechanism.
Security through obscurity (or security by obscurity) is the reliance in security engineering on design or implementation secrecy as the main method of providing security to a system or component. Security experts have rejected this view as far back as 1851, and advise that obscurity should never be the only security mechanism.
>>
>>83392406
>People who play Denuvo protected games
>FPS drops and stutter
>People who play Denuvo protected games with cracks
>Game as intended
Lol, the thing made piracy even appealing to people who officially buy their games
>>
>>83392707
This. FC5 was actually entertaining but even if I was given it for free I would still use a cracked version because it has none of the bugs or performance issues the commerical version does.
>>
>>83392704
Microsoft employs security by obscurity by not letting you see the code.
Apple relies on security by minority as well as security by obscurity. Their minor share of the desktop market makes them a less popular target.
The prevalence of Linux on the server side and the transparency of their code forces them to employ security be design. The only remaining option.
>>
>>83392406
>>>/v/
>>
>>83392704
Software security-thru-obscurity is different.
>>
>>83392555
>a one that made piracy cool again like 2000s all over again
Where are all these new scene groups popping up? Piracy is dead
>>
File: some marketing ho.jpg (43 KB, 598x399)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Denuvo is great! With it, hardware limitations are simulated! You have to actually optimize your code like all the pros did 15+ years ago.
If you feel like you missed the glory days of hacks & workarounds, think again! Denuvo is here!
Are you up to the challenge?
>>
>>83392822
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity
>>
>>83392822
A popular misconception is still a misconception.
>>
>>83392707
There's only a performance improvement when denuvo is completely removed and this is usually by the devs, there's only one single crack that removes it.
>>
>>83393302
Not true. Compare Resident Evil Village with Denuvo vs Denuvo cracked (not removed by developer) and the frametime differences are huge, literally drops to 30 FPS on a 3090 + 11900k at times, while with crack it does not.
>>
>>83393302
>there's only one single crack that removes it.
That's the Doom crack made from the non-Denuvo exe that got leaked on accident.

Most Denuvo VS cracked Denuvo benchmarks always favor cracked, sometimes HUGELY like with >>83393423
>>
>>83392406
Bad games use Denuvo, it's a good filterering tool. Avoid all denuvo games.
>>
>>83393423
This is the fault of capcom as stated in the nfo.
>>
>>83392406
>stop gayming 5 years ago

problem solved
>>
>>83393490
It says it's the fault of the denivo implementation used by capcom
So without denuvo, in any case it woudn't be a problem and >>83393452
>Most Denuvo VS cracked Denuvo benchmarks always favor cracked
is still true
>>
File: drake nope.jpg (46 KB, 624x460)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
I'm a vidya buyfag but denuvo = no buy, simple as. fuck outta here with that shit.
>>
>>83393490
real denuvo has never been tried
>>
ITT: People with old CPUs and/or poor people
>>
File: 1535900060821.jpg (29 KB, 238x241)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>83392707
>lies on the internet
>>
>>83392704
MS uses obfuscation on patchguard and Apple does on Fairplay
>>
I remember how piracy was almost killed back in 2015 thanks to this.
>Just Cause 3 gets a cracked version a whole year after release
>>
>>83394647
Piracy is already dead becasse you have to wait months for cracks now. Pirates can only cope.
>>
>the only person cracking denuvo is completely unhinged and a ticking timebomb

denuvo won
>>
>>83393979
See >>83393423
>literally drops to 30 FPS on a 3090 + 11900k at times, while with crack it does not.
>>
>>83394687
Kek, I can't understand your mindset for thinking that, outside of just shitposting.

When you can download a game for free, after it got all it's DLCs and patches, plus you get rid of all the Denuvo related slowdowns, while everyone else from day 0 had to play with bugs and removed content plus Denuvo related slowdowns, who really had a reason to cope?

I know this was probably a shitpost and people aren't that dumb, unless it's some mental illness related to being butthurt for paying for shitty games and having to cope online, who knows.
Anyways, have your (You), I guess.
>>
>>83394687
I don't care about waiting to play games for free. There are infinitely more games available to play than I will ever have the time to actually complete, so I never need to play something immediately upon release

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.