[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 160634797895.png (604 KB, 872x869)
604 KB
604 KB PNG
>This password is easy to guess
>Add another word or two. Uncommon words are better
>Add a symbol
>Add a number
>Your password is too short
IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS, JETBRAINS.
IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING SERIOUS.
JUST LET ME MAKE MY FUCKING ACCOUNT.
>>
KillNiggers123!

there you go.
>>
>tries to enter "password" as their password
>"IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS, JUST LET ME MAKE MY ACCOUNT"
You think you're the victim but you're the reason everything rejects my procedurally generated 32-character base64 password because "it doesn't have a special character" and why I'm required to do 2FA for a password that is in a cryptographic safe. They have to implement social engineering to get idiots like you to not be liabilities. So get fucked, stupid frog poster.
>>
>>83392007
>KillNiggers88!
Fixed
>>
File: 1626663120202.jpg (105 KB, 976x850)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>83392040
It's a fucking learn to code website,
add a big warning that says
>Your password is awful but we'll let you go if you understand you're an idiot if your account gets compromised
and It wouldn't be an issue, but noooo
These faggots think they know better than the user.
I DONT CARE IF MY JETBRAINS ACCOUNT GETS HACKED. I DONT CARE.
and it's not just Jetbrains but tons of other
sites where again they think they know better than me and that their site is something I give enough of a shit about to even bother.
>>
File: 1631722424043.png (16 KB, 128x128)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>83391987
>>83392291
Sorry for the stress. Hope your day gets better.
>>
File: 1605140702867.png (99 KB, 1267x785)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>83392356
thanks fren
>>
This is why I started using a password manager & its generator.
Then I stumbled upon a website that didn't allow symbols and passwords longer than 12 characters.
>>
reggin123456
>>
>>83391987
No capital letters required? Weaksauce.

It's even better on sites where you go back later and then you get stuff like:
- your password is older than 3 months old, you need to change your password
- your password cannot be the same as your last 6 passwords
>>
File: isis.jpg (22 KB, 474x355)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>83391987
>justacceptapasswordforfuckssake
>password can't contain "password"
>>
>>83392643
Does your password manager's generator not allow generating without symbols and limiting length? Even pass can do that.
>>
>>83392837
It does, but having to configure the generator for specific website(s) takes away some of the convenience of using a generator.
>>
Do password managers have requirements for the master password?

I've never used one, and I kinda wanna use one for sites I don't care about (e.g. ones that lock downloads behind a login, or gaming forums and the like, or things like Discord), and then set the master password to something like "1234" out of spite.
>>
>KillNiggers
>this password is easy to guess
>KillAllNiggers
>max strength password
>randomly generated password with all sorts of special character garbage in it
>The password must not exceed 64 characters.
>>
>>83392999
Dunno about others but pass just uses gpg which should allow any password.
>>
>>83391987

The idiot admins who

>1. force you to change your password every two weeks
>2. use abnormally strict requirements for passwords, forcing you to invent a new one on the fly, making sure you will forget it, or
>3. don't allow you to reuse a password practically ever

are responsible for internet security plummeting. Because your usual passwords don't work (either you ran out of them because you have to change it constantly, or you don't have any that meets the requirements), you invent a new one, promptly forget it by the next time you have to sign in, have to reset your password, invent a new one and so on. Your best solution at this point is either to create a file PASSWORDS.TXT, placed on your desktop, or to write them on paper that you keep next to your computer.

If they only do #2 and #3, but don't require you to change it, you'll invent a one-off password for this site, memorize it and never ever change it again.
>>
>>83392291
I know exactally how you feel, anon. Why the fuck should the site admins get to command us about "Oh you're password isn't very strong" and i'm like motherfucker i know I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF LE EPIC HACKER GETS INTO MY BADEGGSONLINE ACCOUNT. I just want my password to be easy but NOOOO. I hate techonoly for this very reason.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.