[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: britbong.png (823 KB, 1294x919)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSSNlM3Au1A

i can't tell if this is satire or if redditors can really be this fucking dense
>>
>>83380244
>>>/k/
>>>/pol/
>>>/r/eddit
>>
I'm so sick of european shitters acting like they know what's best for countries like the US, where all our shit was built around the car.
Even if we gave up mass car ownership tomorrow, you wouldn't be able to convert the streets into walkable fantasy commie parks because trucks still have to drive down those roads to deliver perishable goods.

Roads exist as a consequence of having trucks deliver everything, cars getting to drive on them is just a happy coincidence.
>>
A bus pass costs more than driving where I live and I don't think it'll go down if they deliberately made it impossible for me to drive anymore.
FUCK OFF
>>
cars do need banned, and public transit taken seriously and properly funded.
but can't have people not paying for insurance, getting into accidents, or in perpetual debt from hopping between clunkers or loans :^)
>>
>i can't tell if this is satire
A few months back I legit watched probably 3 hours of one of those civic "engineer" channels on youtube trying to determine if it was an elaborate troll for patreon bucks or not.
>>
>>83380695
/thread
>>
File: 1533074041527.png (384 KB, 513x509)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>2 minutes in
>cars are racist
YOU LITERALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>83380244
This is true.
https://www.andrewalexanderprice.com/blog20131204.php
>>
>>83380302
don't blame all europeans, it's mainly the urbaniggers that say stupid shit like this and mostly they are from the UK.
I've never heard such retarded shit in my life here in rural france.
>>
>>83380695
Public transit is so bad where I live though. Also if they controlled transit they'd start using it against political opponents like what China does. Government already has too much power. They're already denying health care to people they don't like. They don't need more power.
>>
>>83381219
it's literally true lol
>>
In 5-10 years climate change will force humanity's hand to react in ways that we would think as impossible today

Modern civilization as it stands today is the peak of unsustainability

I fully expect the skies to be darkened within my lifetime. Giving up cars may seem a huge thing now but it's going to be minuscule when the desperation truly sets in.
>>
>>83381371
How the fuck could cars possibly be racist?
>>
>>83380244
Maybe in cities only, you'd have a point, as the density doesn't suit low throughput transportation like cars, but everywhere else? No way. Our towns are designed around roads and there is flat out not enough demand for a bus or similar system to be profitable out in the middle of nowhere.
Urban areas are the areas that float basically the entire cost of the system, and maybe some suburbs can leech off it like current city trains, but nobody is taking a 30 minute bus ride on a twice a day schedule (rural areas would be lucky to have that many stops) to buy food.

In cities it is an uphill battle too though since most public transit is heavily affected by oil lobbying and investments.
There is no way it would break even initially, which makes it a hard decision to switch as a city may just remain in the red on the project until they get some radical legislation to epically ban cars or whatever.
End result still leaves roads up though, just with only trucks, busses, and vans instead of taxis and cars.
>>
>>83381408
Because blacks can't afford cars but White people can.
>>
>>83381408
UMMMMM... educate yourself Sweaty, youre such an incel chud
>>
>>83381389
>when the desperation truly sets in
By that time it'll be too late anyways. At best we buy a few more years by releasing something into the atmosphere that we'll use to sit around with a thumb up our ass.
>>
>>83381408
Apparently the fabric of reality itself is racist. Now you understand why "anti-racists" are so deranged: They have to fight against reality itself.
>>
>>83380244
The suburban design of the US is the most retarded shit ever and has had disastrous consequences with how business and general life work in the US. That being said a society reliant on mass public transit will never happen in a racially diverse society.
>>
>>83381389
No it won't.
Have children if you want to; they will be excited to take on the challenges of their time if they don't fall for mass demotivational psyops like our generations have.
We have always had the power, and we still do. We are the masters of our world, so you can stop spouting these garbage blackpills.
>>
>>83380302
>sick of european shitters acting like they know what's best for countries like the US
learn to drive a real car (manual) before making an argument, sweetheart
>all our shit was built around the car
how come all of american cars are hot garbage then?
>>83381335
>france
enjoy getting mugged by a pack of feral ragniggers
>>
>>83381450
US is just plain fucked
It's a testament to their glowies power that they are not on the streets murdering each other already
Literally zero social cohesion
>>
>>83381389
>Annnnnnny day now guiiiisese!!!
According to climate warming tards 10 years ago, we should already be in a barren hellscape
>>
>>83381497
Yeah just like peak oil right? haha how funny those retards were right? 20 years they said in 2000 hahaha.
>oil production peaked in 2019
>An expected gradual reduction in oil production of around 1-2% each year, including divestments and natural decline.
https://www.shell.com/media/news-and-media-releases/2021/shell-accelerates-drive-for-net-zero-emissions-with-customer-first-strategy.html
>>
>>83381577
Pretty big difference between a resource being naturally more scarce and harder to get and some boogeyman which has basically only been used as a vessel to dismantle western nations.
>>
>>83381262
As he says, you don't have to ban cars: given the right city design, people will WANT to walk.
>>
>>83381577
the gas is already twice as expensive in europe than in the us, nothing is better than hearing fucking mutts of all things complaining about prices
>>83381620
i don't want to walk on the sidewalk when there are headphone-wearing electric-scooter riding niggers going 30kph past me
>>
>>83381608
>Yeah it's real but it's not real
It's been so nice coping with you.
>>
>>83381464
Damn imagine leaving your kids a garbage of an earth because your generation just couldn't stop CONSOOOMing and framing it this way
>kids I know shits fucked, but think of it as a fun challenge!
>now keep paying my nursing home bills for 5 more years so I can suffer until the absolute longest extent of my life like the bitter materialistic cunt that I am
>also don't forget to support israel while I'm gone I've spent my entire life trying to bring about the second coming and it's your job to continue my legacy
>>
>>83380244
I agree. Everyone should have to ride on public transport until they realize how awful *some groups* are to share a public space with. Only then can we progress as a society.
>>
File: 1616622733254.jpg (149 KB, 1189x827)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>83381497
try 30 (before that it was "global cooling"), but yes.
>>
Britbong detected, didn't watch. Opinion safely discard.
>>
>>83381641
What the fuck are you talking about? There's no inherent connection between peak oil and global warming. Oil is inevitably going to become to expensive to be worth using at some point, le vague "climate change" isn't
>>
>>83381351
>Also if they controlled transit they'd start using it against political opponents
Yeah, it's a good thing the government hasn't realized how useful cars could be for assassinations, population control and financial servitude, then we'd really be in trouble.
But just because it can be abused, doesn't make it inherently bad. Cars by themselves aren't even bad, it's just when they stopped being superfluous luxuries and became foundational staples that everyone started requiring. That then started funding and propping up entire tertiary industries that needn't exist. Then we have a problem. Because now they're shaping how we design own towns, cities, country, and the average life of people, for the worse. And to top it off, are also protected by the government financially, as "essential".
>>
>>83381577
>politicians implement policies to prevent oil extraction
>oil production goes down

woooooow
>>
Don't think I of all people will try and stop you.

But you have to understand both what you are doing and its risks.

Defeated Rommel all to end up perishing in a automotive accident.

So play nice.
>>
>>83380244
>>>/o/
>>
>>83380244

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfsTNNCbP0

Cars need to go for the good of humanity.
>>
reminder that greens are the worst kind of leftists, and they want you dead. for the environment.
>>
>>83380302
>angloids
>european
>>
>>83381665
Giving the government power that they can abuse is inherently bad because they WILL abuse it, and they NEVER use it well. They can assassinate people without cars. But it's easier to prevent a mass of people from traveling than to assassinate them.
>>
Why do retards dial it up to 100 on issues like this. Improve public transportation and I'm sure plenty of people will use their car less to save on gas.
>>
>>83381731
>They can assassinate people without cars.
based, poor people deserve to die
>>
>>83381731
>But it's easier to prevent a mass of people from traveling than to assassinate them.
What exactly is your argument here?
You think you actually have real freedom with cars, and the government couldn't just as well restrict travel, as they could with public transit?
>>
>>83381671
>Literally too retarded to read
>>
>>83381759
How do you improve public transportation when buses have the same problems as traffic does?
>>
>>83381817
Public transport in Europe and the US has far greater problems than cars.
>>
>>83380244
>MUH PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
When will this meme die. Public transport is fine in some situations, but these people are simply deluded.
>>
>>83381798
I think it's more difficult to prevent people from driving around in their own cars, than it is to ban people from public transit, especially if they want to discriminate. They don't need to create any laws.
>>
>>83381817
Light rails don't have to deal with traffic and are bretty good at getting people around.
>>
>>83380244
I think it's more important to ban the current zoning laws and financial incentives to build new towns. It's basically a pyramid scheme.

>>83380302
Shut the fuck up, fatass.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO FUCKING READ THIS:
https://www.strongtowns.org/the-growth-ponzi-scheme

>The other is the realization that the revenue collected does not come near to covering the costs of maintaining the infrastructure. In America, we have a ticking time bomb of unfunded liability for infrastructure maintenance. The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) estimates the cost at $5 trillion — but that's just for major infrastructure, not the minor streets, curbs, walks, and pipes that serve our homes.
>The reason we have this gap is because the public yield from the suburban development pattern — the amount of tax revenue obtained per increment of liability assumed — is ridiculously low. Over a life cycle, a city frequently receives just a dime or two of revenue for each dollar of liability. The engineering profession will argue, as ASCE does, that we're simply not making the investments necessary to maintain this infrastructure. This is nonsense. We've simply built in a way that is not financially productive.
>>
>>83381839
niggers?
>>
>>83381865
Amongst others yes. Asocial retards are the main reason I refuse to use public transport.
>>
>>83381860
Who controls the roads you drive on?
Who controls the licenses you're lawfully required to own?
Who formulates, writes, and actuates the laws that govern how and what you can drive?
>>
>>83381817
Underground tunnels (unironically).
so much free space we're just not using, and relatively trivial to cultivate.
>>
>>83381899
You should leave the country years before road blocks and controls on every major street happen.
>>
>>83381798
The government doesn't have to create new laws to have their cronies refuse to do business with their political opponents. Look at social media. They don't outright ban free speech, they just monopolize the platforms people use to communicate and ban their opponents from them. Politicians also like to delegate power to government departments to make de facto laws so the politicians don't have to take responsibility. The more the government delegates power, the more corrupt they become.
>>
>>83380302
I'm sick of euros because they're dumb subhumans who produce nothing of worth other than cheese and glass
>>
>>83381798
The more the politicians delegate their power, the less power voters have, the more corrupt the government becomes.
>>
>>83381922
you mean subways, retard?
>>
>>83380292
>>>/n/

You forgot about the board dedicated to this exact topic
>>
>>83382011
If we could retrofit the space, sure.
But no, subways are grim because of the human element.
What meme man was/is doing with The Boring company is closer to the right idea.
The important difference is you should never force people to be (quasi)/ dependent on it like subways in many cities. It should merely offer a more convenient alternative.
>>
>>83380244
oi thats based brit monkey, he made a good video on georgism, surprised he would be posted here
he's right btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiI1AcsJlYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvrc3tz3PwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKHYQ4ptA8Q
>>
>>83380244
it's not practical at this point
everything is designed around the car, so it'll take billions of dollars and years of work to redesign every urban center and town around public transit
and that's assuming people even want it
most don't, because everyone hates each other

it's funny how progressive ideas often get shot in the foot by multiculturalism
>>
>>83380744
Which one?
>>
>>83380302
These are literally all points ingrained into your head by the auto industry. If you knew the first thing about urban planning you would know that none of this is true
>I'm so sick of european shitters acting like they know what's best for countries like the US, where all our shit was built around the car.
This is demonstrably false. The US wasn't built for the car, it was demolished for the car. What were previously the main streets and roads of town were abandoned for development on the edge of town, and if you compare photos of them then vs now its heartbreaking. Not just the US though, cities like Amsterdam underwent a huge transformation in the 50s and 60s to make them more "car friendly", only difference is that they realized their mistake and decades of conscious effort shaped the city into what it is today.
>Even if we gave up mass car ownership tomorrow, you wouldn't be able to convert the streets into walkable fantasy commie parks because trucks still have to drive down those roads to deliver perishable goods.
No one is saying to ban cars outright, cars are obviously really good for a certain type of travel. You can make streets permissible by trucks for the 1 hour in the day they need to deliver perishable goods, but for the rest of the day prioritizing the people living there is much better
>Roads exist as a consequence of having trucks deliver everything, cars getting to drive on them is just a happy coincidence.
No, roads exist because of decades of propaganda by the car industry, and the increase in pollution, noise and accidents is hardly what I'd call "happy"
>>
>>83381219
It's an interesting historical tidbit, but has fuck all to do with his argument and he only brought it up to seethe about muh racism in a video that would otherwise not give him the opportunity to do it.
>>
libertardians were right about public roads being bad because it allowed the cager menace to rise
>>
>>83381862
What about when light rail is built on existing roads and has to wait at traffic lights like everyone else?
Yes they really do do this in the US.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtRvJ1amc8M&t=45m48s
>>
>>83382222
>for the 1 hour in the day they need to deliver perishable goods
haha holy shit you really have no clue
>>
>>83382251
That isn't too big of a deal considering they still don't have to deal with congestion.
>>
>>83382261
nigga are there cars flying past your house all day every day giving you food?
>>
>>83382294
yes
>>
>>83382261
it's really not a hard problem.
What's puzzling though, is why we don't have industrial/commercial only roads. And why seemingly every giant company is okay with burning free money that is lost in the bottlenecks of commercial vehicles having to share roads with everyone else.
>>
>>83382250
Based bikechad
>>
>>83382363
You're arguing in favor of privateization of roads and people won't like that.
It's already bad enough people aren't allowed to jaywalk, imagine if you told them they're not allowed to drive down certain streets anymore because they're for commercial use only.
>>
File: come on carl.jpg (32 KB, 358x511)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
The only people who unironically say cars aren't needed are urbanite bugmen who live little solipsistic self-contained lives
>>
>>83382402
>You're arguing in favor of privateization of roads and people won't like that.
Well, the difference is these roads would be far away from everyone else and absolutely irrelevant except to specific sectors that would probably also have to pay something for access to support XYZ.
But yeah I get the
>muh freedoms
brain-melt that many people have with """radical""" ideas like properly zoned sectors and roads that would only serve to benefit everyone and actually save them time, money, and stress.
>>
>>83380244
In cities I'm in favor of it, you have to do it gradually though. HOWEVER outside of cities is a different situation. There's way more land outside cities in just about every country and smaller settlements are spread out across it so building a public transport web that connects everything would be insanely difficult, if not impossible. And that leads into the next problem, which is what if people from outside the city want to come into it or pass through? For passing by you can set up a bypass around the city I guess, but if you want to go in since cars in cities would be banned you'd need mega parking lots for every single person coming in from outside or that lives in the city and plans to leave with a car at some point.
Also unrelated to the topic but this guy sounds like a massive smug piece of shit.
>>
>>83380244
What a fag, his only solution is to LARP as dictator and tell carheads the way they will be punished. As an avid cyclist and public transit user I often take action against cars users by cycling slowly (even for me) in the middle of a busy road during rush hour causing hundreds of hours of peoples lives to be wasted. I smile as I do this, imagining the raging bosses and embittered wives of these drivers.
>>
>>83382454
Obstructing traffic is illegal even if you're on a bicycle.
>>
>>83382439
>The only people who unironically say cars aren't needed
no ones really arguing cars aren't needed or 100% evil.
Merely that they shouldn't be as ingrained/intertwined in our lives, as they currently are.
>>
>>83381646
Unlike you, most people enjoy being alive.
Also, nice projections.
The bottom line is that the world is not and will not be overpopulated anytime soon, so don't let misanthropic propaganda make you a miserable, neurotic pile of fears for vague things like the weather, natural resources, etc.
You still hold the most influence over your children, so don't throw your hands up like there is nothing you can do about anything, you pathetic globecuck.
Have kids, fix shit, have more kids.
>imagine having kids
>nooo i may get old someday though isnt that awful?
No. You are too warped to understand.
Living longer is a miracle in of itself.
I WISH my parents could've lived to old age. You have no idea.
Unironically, go outside.
>>
>>83382439
Obviously farm fags need vehicles but suburbanites and city slickers don’t it we built infrastructure with common sense (impossible in America)
>>
>>83382454
Dangerously based.
>>
>>83382472
What are they gonna do, take away my license? Have you really never heard of a thing called freedom? Carcucks really are just docile consumer cattle who do as they're told.
>>
I unironically like the pod. A pod would be ideal in a congested city, while normal cars could be used for longer trips or when you need to haul stuff.
Public transport is mostly gay.
>>
>>83382117
>i don't give a fuck if you live in bumfuck nowhere
Based. We should nuke farmfags and replace them with robots. People shouldn't live outside of cities, it's unnatural.
>>
>>83382507
>The bottom line is that the world is not and will not be overpopulated anytime soon,
Arguable, considering the correlation between available oxygen and average size of life is pretty staggering.
We're only getting smaller and weaker, and that's exponentially increasing. barring sophisticated genetic engineering to solve/circumvent this, population is an objective problem unless we become interplanetary first to then indefinitely alleviate it.
>>
>>83382594
Not even oxygen, we could feed 10 billion people comfortably.
>>
>>83382583
cities would just adjust, roads would get smaller and more compact, and you'd be right back at the start of the problem. Possibly even making people question roads and car-like vehicles in the first place
>>
>>83382604
>we could feed 10 billion people comfortably.
which would just expedite the problem, growth, and strip the planet faster.
>>
>>83382633
>cities would just adjust, roads would get smaller and more compact
And BAM, no more public transport. Mission accomplished.
>>
>>83382507
How many kids do you have that you are so desperate for random strangers online to have kids too? You sound like you are instinctively worried and guilty and trying to rope more people into doing what you've done.
>>
>>83380244
Not ban entirely but make less of them.
And improve public transport instead.
>inb4 I don't want to be near stinky people
Go live in the forest then.
>>
Americans are too short sighted and dumb to understand that cars do not belong in cities
>>
>>83382804
I think we have already established a consensus that americans need to be culled.
>>
Been living car free for 2 years. I have escaped death by tooth skin many times I'll probably die on the road desu
>>
>>83382804
It's more so just leftover baby boomer stuff, ingrained in our culture. Aside from the practical/required aspect, cars just represent the nostalgic "American excellence" / "Freedom" of yesteryear. As it's a core industry that "built" America, and we've had decades of very subtle propaganda, both conscious and subconscious that connect with concepts like adult-hood, first-loves, growing up, and so on.
But the "good" news is, that's probably gonna be stomped out in the next generation or two.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
>>83382117
kek
>>
>>83380244
Probably.
It's not going to happen, but it should probably be done.
>>
>>83382909
>decades of very subtle propaganda
so that's why americans get circumcised and donate half of their GDP to israel
>>
>>83381497
We already are.
>>
>>83381948
>I'm sick of euros because they're dumb subhumans who produce nothing of worth
I guess that's true, the english and some of the dutch did start america after all.
>>
>>83382909
>subtle
>buys your trolly companies
>destroys them all
yeah real subtle
>>
>>83382013
But /n/ would agree and call the OP a faggot.
>>
>>83382013
Most people are only aware of like 5 boards.
>>
>time for a walk, goyim.
>>
>>83380302
You're just proving how much of an utter historic travesty American civic design has proven to be
>>
>>83380530
Extremely short term logic. Double digit IQ confirmed.
>>
>>83380302
fucking this
The only problem with cars is the rising cost of them. If the government stopped regulating the shit out of them, you would have options in the sub 15k range.

Hell even in the modern era, you can now get a pick up truck with a hybrid engine for under 20k brand new. Why the hell would we give that up.
>>
>>83383618
Yeah bro fuck regulations we should go back to leaded fuel too so that the oil companies can make bigger profits
>>
>>83381408
Not cars but American civic designers who designed many major cities in the past which we still live with today. This is completely well-known information to absolutely everyone, not sure why you're playing dumb. Ever heard of redlining? 8 mile? Robert Moses? Also watching the video you're responding about would help answer your question too.
>>
>>83381408
Because niggers have to steal bus passes
>>
>>83383305
Because having kankles will empower you when the gubment comes to strongarm your freedom from you
>>
File: 1631670170722.jpg (122 KB, 575x403)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>
File: seat belts.jpg (8 KB, 192x154)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>83383635
>Yeah bro fuck regulations
Yes. There are reasonable regulations and unreasonable ones. The laws requiring 10k worth of nanny tech in every car is unreasonable. The laws requiring cars don't smash the occupants to a pulp during a crash is reasonable.
Very few things are black and white, but in a world of extremes nobody seems willing to accept compromises and middle ground anymore, it's all or nothing.
>>
>>83383305
>makes walking the streets impossible
>"buy the car, goyim"
>>
>>83382222
quads speak the truth
>>
>>83384172
Seat belt laws shouldn't exist. The government shouldn't decide what I need and don't need on MY CAR
>>
>>83384389
>get into an accident with a care
>you fly out of your windshield with such force into a 3rd unsuspecting car through their window, causing bodily injury to them
kys faggot
>>
>>83384389
spotted the iconoclast. i bet you'd be against drinking water if the gov't said to do it.
>>
File: 1620229819012.gif (1.89 MB, 462x427)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>83380244
holy based skizo
>>
File: based_ford.jpg (13 KB, 315x500)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>83381219
Well Henry Ford was gigabased
>>83380244
Honestly I'd be fine with them being banned in downtown areas and main streets, etc
>>
>>83381474
The only good European cars are beamers. Everything else ranges from shit to okay.
>>
>>83382222
Hey faggot not everybody lives or wants to live in a 5+ million person city living like cockroaches. You need a car in those situations. Cities are a fucking plague on the world.
>>
>>83384389
Exactly why New Hampshire is the only sane state in the US.
>>
>>83383650
Not my fault dumb niggers kill eachother over shoes and don't aspire to be anything other than gutter trash. Maybe blacks should stop being animals and they could use the billions if not trillions of dollars spent on trying to get them to be like humans to their advantage.
>>
>>83382530
Yeah sorry I'm not kneeling to my local bus and waiting 30 minutes to go somewhere in the freezing cold or rain. I'll hop in my comfy luxury vehicle and drive where I want on my own accord
>>
>>83384612
NH is pretty good. Lots of meth addicts that steal shit from cars and break into houses even in rural areas though
>>
>>83384669
The whole reason buses are so shit in America is because there's no other public transportation and buses get stuck in the same traffic. With a decent train system you can just take the train and then walk where you wanna go.
>>
>>83380244
The only way to get rid of cars for good is to rebuild the whole damn country from the ground up.
>>
File: globalcooling.png (60 KB, 405x311)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>83381653
incorrect
Why don't you check your sources before regurgitating propaganda like a pawn?
>>
>>83380244
Typical city slicker. My dad's ranch is 30 miles from the nearest city. He has hundreds of cattle. Roads are often shitty in the spring and winter. What the fuck is he going to do if he doesn't own a truck? Take the bus? Ride a horse? Get a loicense for a state-issued truck?
>>
>>83384791
Use some common sense retard
>>
>>83384791
>one random dude needs a truck so LITERALLY EVERYONE needs one
Genius, I can tell you really thought this through.
>>
>>83381408
cuz niggers dont know how to drive.
>>
>>83383650
>Not cars
then shut ur nigger ass up bud, he was asking how cars were racist, not Henry Ford.
>>
>>83384791
your dad fucks animals
>>
>>83380244
sorry as long as niggers are around i am not taking a train or bus in the US
>>
>>83384850
the video is suggesting a ban on all vehicles, he is saying there are people who rely on them, you brainless nigger.
>>
>>83384850
K tell me how the govt is going to determine who gets to own a truck and I'll tell you a loophole. If you make it too restrictive then people are just going to bring their guns, especially the type of people who want to own trucks.
>>
>>83384894
Watch it again, it says clearly
>we should ban cars from cities.
seriously the entire video is about cities, not sure how you miss this.
>>83384906
How about what the thread is talking about?
No cars in cities.
>>
Even if you ban them in urban areas in the US the shithole is already doomed, the jews won
>>83384791
I didn't see the video but I will assume is talking about in urban areas, but yeah car should be left to off roads and rural areas where they make sense. Also buses are ok, public transportation should be the norm in cities.
>>
>bri'ish
opinion discarded
>>
>>83380244
Horses are unironically superior to cars.
Unless we removed speed limits in which case cars are able to out compete horses.
For long haul shipping trucks are obviously best.
But with horses:
>Doesn't require electricity or fuel
>Self driving without an internet connection or botnet
>Collisions are rare or non-deadly
>No need for insurance or a license
>Can be used for other purposes
>Low maintenance, just needs a place to shit and graze and water, every now and then needs new shoes.
>Can be recycled into dog food and glue
>Fosters human centric city design and creates new jobs and markets for the working class.
>classical image of masculinity and heroism.
I would be down for limiting or outlawing cars within city/town limits and relegating them to specific roads for trips between distant cities which is honestly what they are best at.
>>
>>83381417
On the contrary, a nigger will buy a car before he buys a house.
>>
>>83385876
you really want that much shit in the streets just move to india
>>
>>83380244
Inner cities yes cars should absolutely be illegal
Out in the country no that's retarded
It's literally that simple
>>
No, cars will always exist in smaller cities and in the country. But the problem with universal car ownership is that cars take up a lot of space and allows people to travel further which has massively spread out everything because of economies of scale i.e. big box stores and because cars take up a lot of space. Both on the road and parked cars take up a lot of space so car centric cities need massive roads and lots of parking everywhere which spreads out everything. This makes no sense for big cities which is why traffic is so bad in like LA. Walkability is pretty much inversely proportional driveability of a city and walking is just more efficient space wise and for longer trips bikes and public transport should be used and cars only really for hauling shit like furniture. Just bring everything a person needs on a daily basis and they won't have to drive. But no we can't ban cars completely that would be retarded
>>
>>83386101
authoritarian fags deserve the rope
if you think a stronger and larger government solves anything you should kill yourself
>>
>>83386108
Dude that's not what I'm even fucking saying jesus fucking christ
take a trip to your local metropolis and take an experiment
Count the number of people on the sidewalk compared with the number of people in cars between you and the other side of the street
It's instantly obvious the people in cars are not only taking up about 50 times more space than people on the sidewalk, they are also polluting the air, AND potentially murdering people when they make a tiny mistake.
I'm not even trying to take your fucking car away I'm just saying it doesn't belong in Manhattan
>>
>>83386119
>should absolutely be illegal
>dude thats not what im saying
muh city design is a retarded excuse, when all people want in large cities is to avoid dealing with poorfucks on a daily basis as much as possible
people that want to live in highly dense cities are retarded, why do you think the crime rate is so high
even in japan with their amazing public transit, people live in 200 sqft apartments, and then they wonder why their suicide rate is so high
>>
>>83381389
>10 more years
>>
>>83386101
Yep cars in cities are fucking retarded, but yeah if you need to travel a long distance or if you live in a suburban environment car is a better option.
>>
>>83384443
>sneeze on a person
>germs fly out of your maskless face with such force onto an unsuspecting disabled child - causing them death
wear a mask and get vaxxed
>>
>>83384791
Die.
>>
>>83385876
>doesn't require fuel
horses eat you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>83386175
>makes unrelated, retarded arguments
Something about not living in cities makes one seethe and drops their IQ by about 50 points.
>>
>>83380244
I have an idea, ban cars from every single urban center, force citycucks to eat bugs and live in pods too.
Due to the fact citinsects are so densely packed, simply forcing them to walk would solve most car related climate issues, while cletus in his dudebro truck can ride all day and i dont have to listen to these fart sniffers
>>
File: 08.jpg (65 KB, 699x489)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>83385876
>horses
>Collisions are rare or non-deadly
Horse-riding accidents are a thing and can totally be deadly or crippling.
>>
>>83380302
>where all our shit was built around the car.
Ah yes, the famous cities build around cars in the 18th/19th century.
US cities weren’t build for cars, retard. They were bulldozed for them. Look at how cities looked like before WW2.

As it turns out, having everyone living spread out, and relying on giant metal boxes that require specialized terrain to move on isn’t the most efficient way to transport people, and leads to LESS freedom: Yes, go ahead “free” American, use your 100% freedom and WALK to your destination. What? It takes you 6 hours to get to a grocery store? You have to rely on the government allowing you to have a driving license to go anywhere?
>>
>>83384599
I agree. You go and live outside of cities then, and use your car.
But don’t tell people who DO want to live in cities whether they should ban them or not, since you don’t even live in one.
Sounds fair to you?
>>
The state of the ethernal amerimutt. Europe does not have functioning public transport outside heavily urbanised areas just as the USA. I live in a historic city center and everything is at walking distance, but still I can not function without a car, the difference is just that I can do a lot more with a LOT less driving. My small city has functioning public transport just on specific routes which are naturally aimed at school going children and the elderly. For me it is useless, but the thing is that we did not bulldose all the historic buildings, squares and parks just to accomodate the latest fashionable mode of transpostation as we seek more long lasting solutions. The thing is that city planning in the long run is a trial and error excercise, and a lot of errors were made since the dawn from civilisation, but modern sustainable views should take a look at cities that are continually inhabited since antiquity and plan new ones accordingly. The problem with new modern urban development is that is unsustainable in the long run as everything is built with the future revenue that will be generated by the businessess using the infrastructure, but growth can not be ethernal, and the delapidated public infrastructure in the USA is a testament to that.
>>
>>83380302
Only the old farts in the bloody cabinet is to blame. Fuckers ruin all the fun.
>>
>>83383305
>Just walk 8 miles to the walmart goy
>>
>>83380244
i like my car because it allows me to run over glow in the dark melanin enriched basketball americans.
>>
Carless streets lead to more commerce for small businesses
You don't hate small business. Right?
You're not a commie fuck. Right?
>>
>>83380302
seethe harder americano, how does it feel to live in a shithole where everything is designed to make your life harder and to make you feel miserable?
you're not a capitalist, you're used by capitalists, you're extremely submissive and only a tiny handful of people decide what's good and bad for you.
in order to make you retards docile they gave you the worthless freedom of speech, they know for a fact you won't act on your words anyways, they turned you into armed but spineless cattles who can't spot totalitarism when it's here and you're going as far as supporting the very people who are activelly and openly working to kill you.
we talk about stockholm syndrom but america's retardation is a few level higher than this shit, you retards have a very unhealty relationship with your leaders and you still waste your time reeeeing at le europoors as if life was worse here, in the most developed part of the world.
>>
>>83380695
just move to the city
>>
>>83380244
Based. Bring back small communities / towns.
>>
>>83383305
Unironically based. Obesity rates would drop a tonne.
>>
>>83380244
>don't borrow money to buy a car
>don't have to pay for insurance
>don't have to pay for gas
>don't have to pay for maintenance
>don't get in a deadly accident and contribute to the death industry
>biking or walking is healthier resulting is less medical expenses
The capitalist fears those that don't own a car.
>>
>>83381389
it wont be climate change
>>
>>83380244
clearly satire you autist
>>
File: iceage.jpg (87 KB, 586x789)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>83384754
>>
>>83380302
Actually the highway system is a military structure in the US built by Eisenhower to transport troops/supplies during nuclear war
>>
File: comfyy.jpg (103 KB, 1024x652)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
I have a solution. Rangeban non-Americans and outlaw urbanites. All you ever need, honestly, welcome to spacefaring golden age.
>>
>>83380244
As someone who grew up in a California suburb, even the concept of school buses was ridiculous, so going to school, you either walked or there was literally a line of cars coming into the school parking lot every morning.
>>
From city centers yes
>>
>>83380244
US car system is the best thing that exists because it makes lives of sicty shitters miserable, keeping democrat voter base in check. Only thing better would be spraying nuclear waste on them.
>>
>>83380302
No my friend, you shit wasn't build around the car it was demolished and rebuild around car.
>>
>>83380244
too long didn't watch
if he's talking about banning cars from cities i'm thinking based
>>
>>83380244
its unironically a good idea.
since covid we can ecommute to work while staying at home.
>>
>>83381497
>I don't see it in my immediate environment so it isn't happening
>>
>>83384389
>>83384172
>>83384443
>>83386380
If you are dumb enough to not wear a seatbelt then your punishment should be either a horrible accident or death, Not a fine. Mandatory seatbelt rules only exist to protect the retarded, And frankly speaking we have enough of them already.
>>
>>83384475
I'm against a water mandate
>>
>>83382166
Public transit is shit because it's filled with foreigners.
>>
>>83381802
impose covid lockdowns, telecommute
people drive less
oil companies adjust by reducing supply
wow
>>
>>83385876
t. never been near a horse much less owned one
>>
>>83381577
Expect peak oil is already happening. We are in the danger zone period where we reached apex production and it will eventual start going downward and demand continues to increase. There's nothing to stop it.
>>
>>83382951
social distancing is good.
public transportation is unsanitary.
>>
>>83380244
Just ban cities
>>
>>83389478
this is the real solution.
>>
>>83384704
Uk here, I used to use the bus and i fucking hated it, getting a car was a blessing. Any public transport apologist need to be roped.
>>
>>83389389
>Doubling down on being too retarded to read
>>
>immediate soi shit trash complaining about muh guns pls daddy governmint step on me
not watching it
>>
Banning cars in the cities and replacing it with free public transport makes sense
Why the fuck would I pay to ride a bus filled with people when I could just drive myself?
>>
>>83390017
because it's cheaper, poorfag. Beggars can't be choosers
>>
Americans will never like public transport as long as there are black people. Yeah I'm totally going to take the bus with drug addicts, homeless schizo and wannabe gangbangers playing shitty rap on their bluetooth speakers.
>>
I'm ok with banning cars so long as the primary mode of transportation is walking. Without cars cities need to become walkable - a fundamental redesign of the city.

Transport priority should be as follows: Walking > biking or other self-powered movement > public transport > driving
>>
>>83382581
>>83382454
In Missouri I could run you over and get off Scot free.
>>
>>83388862
Most American cities are car dependent. Sure you can live in NYC without a car, but living in a place like Atlanta or Dallas you WILL be driving for every fucking thing
>>
>>83389392
My grandparents bread and raised horses for years anon.
Why do newfags always try to make random assumptions on this site? We're all anonymous it's completely pointless.
>>83386546
Theoretically, yes.
Now find me historical data that shows horses are as deadly in their hey day as cars are today and I'll concede that point.
>>83386401
Yes and they eat grass and other shit that humans can't eat.
Granted we can't eat gasoline either but grass can pretty much grow indefinitely, fossil fuels are a finite resource.
Imagine never having to mow a lawn again.
>>83385999
We can collect the horse shit and use it as fertilizer. We can pay people who dropped out of highschool or are stupid to do it the same way we pay janitors. More jobs for hard working blue collar people.
>>
Based. USSR was right about limiting car production
>>83380302
>where all our shit was built around the car.
That's the problem, retard.
>>
>>83381863
Ofc all the retards on this thread didn't read this post.

https://www.strongtowns.org/the-growth-ponzi-scheme
>>
>>83380244
>NPC: BANNING CARS BAD
>Normal person: why?
>American: >:(
It's all so tiresome
>>
>>83381863
America is such an unbelievable shithole. I can't think of a worse run country that calls itself "first world".
>>
>>83390631
>fossil fuels are a finite resource.
Bruh, "fossil fuels" are a meme
>>
>>83381408
Something about city planners not intending to spend much more money on bridge infrastructure to make sure black people could bus from rural to city areas.

Ignoring the fact that busses generally never have rural routes because they don't make sense financially.
>>
Building cities around cars is just as bad, on the opposite side of the spectrum, as banning them entirely.
The best solution for society is obviously the middle road: To allow cars but to greatly prioritize public transport and cycling when planning cities, so that most people don't really need anything else.
>>
>>83390937
That's just because you're not white.
>>
>>83391037
No one laughs at what a self eating hellhole the US is than actual white people. The US is 90% muds of some kind.
>>
>>83391026
>cycling
stopped reading there
>>
>>83391085
>stopped reading there
>>
The globalists have been pushing real hard on this anti-car shit. They don't want you to own your own means of transportation and they want you to stay within a 2 mile radius from their designated congregation areas.
>>
>>83384389
>>83389321
>get into an accident
>the person in the other car needs immediate help
>you couldn't help them because you didn't wear a seatbelt and died/crippled yourself like a retard
why are lolbertarians selfish subhumans?
>>
>>83391111
checked
>>
>>83380244
the only way to get rid of cars & trucks for civilian use would be to make gasoline and diesel illegal for public use, only for public servants ambulance first responders, fire & police and professional cartage/delivery & trucking industry, and the general public gets either ethanol or electric,

i would switch to a alcohol powered motorcycle myself,
>>
>>83391111
>why are lolbertarians selfish subhumans?
Why is the grass green?
Why is the sky blue?
>>
>>83391111
Well we don't call them lolbertarians for nothing.
>>
>>83380302
Brain damage detected. Your retarded road network is not economically viable, trucks do not have to drive right up into the city to unload goods.
"wow i can drive 15 minutes to walmart!! This is what freedom is!!!!"
Unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>83381389
TWO MORE WEEKS
>>
>>83391085
Why?
>>
>>83388752
Small business is shit they never have what you need and charge 2x what you'll find on amazon
>>
Why do redditors took things to the extreme? be fucking sensible.
>>
>>83391228
"GOD EMPEROR TRUMP"
4chan: lel based based based xDDD
lefties: OMG trump supporters literally want trump to be god emperor I'm literally shaking right now

"BAN ALL CARS"
lefties: lel based based based xDDD
4chan: OMG redditors literally want to ban all cars. Why do they have to takes things to the extreme??

It's rather obvious to >100IQ persons that it's not to be taken completely seriously.
>>
>>83391281
>It's rather obvious to >100IQ persons that it's not to be taken completely seriously.
So why bother replied my post in the first place? It's weird that you took my post seriously, then.
>>
>>83391281
Anyone who's IQ is just slightly above their body temperature has long checked out of the bullshit Mutt politics, let them play in shit if they love it so much.
>>
>>83391127
and a small electric car to drive during bad weather, cold, rain & snow etc...
>>
>>83391281
Except there's literally no bottom with lefties if they get their way.
>>
Cars are only useless in dense cities with proper transportation like decent bus lines, cycle paths, tramways or subways. They're fine anywhere else.
I honestly don't understand retards who drive manuals in a big city, what's the fun in doing at best 50, having to change gear every 5 seconds, and getting stuck in traffic?
>>
>>83391483
The good thing about US cities is that they are somewhat less traffic congestion because of wide roads though the city and not as many bottlenecks. Probably costs less to maintain as well.
>>
>>83380244
The main reason people want to own cars in America is because without them we'd be forced to live near niggers.
>>
>>83391535
More news at 11, america is a shithole
>>
>>83380244
Based
>>83380302
It wasn't originally built for cars you retarded nigger LOL
>>
>>83382013
>implying newfags are aware of boards other than /pol/, /b/, /g/ and /v/
>>
>>83391395
If you think removing cars is a leftoid idea you're very wrong.
>people will have to interact with everyone around them more
>more opportunity for self employment
>less mega corporations
>having to walk around means you cant hide away from reality
>browns cant steal your car if you dont have one

And if you're on the "economic right" then you hate roads because they are a genuine economic moneypit. Shits completely unsustainable
>>
>>83391708
>Implying this thread or the video is about cars or public transport
>>
>>83382476
This. True freedom is having a car, but having the OPTION not to use it.

Where I live, I can walk to the grocery store in 5 minutes, the train station is a 10 minute bike ride, everything is easy to access but I still have my lawn, patio and 2 car garage. It is still a suburb, but its just not planned by retards.

>>83383618
It would be great if Toyota still made the 1995 Camry and sold it for like $15k new
>>
>>83383618
It has nothing to do with the government regulations, it's a tragedy of the commons. The reason no one besides sports cars sell manual transmissions or cars without elaborate infotaiment systems isn't because they were government mandated, it's because nobody bought them and the car companies have no incentive to make cars that have smaller profit margins that fewer people buy.
>>
>>83391531
>less traffic congestion because of wide roads
>not as many bottlenecks
Insane how little people actually know about this stuff.
Paradoxically more lanes cause more traffic jams.
4 way intersections (text book bottleneck) are the dumbest things ever invented and you use them instead of roundabouts.
Watching videos of Americans driving is like a toddler playing with a fork and a power outlet.
>>
File: 1605418752014.jpg (151 KB, 770x960)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>83391281
"lol ur an idiot if you believe in slippery slope fallacies, lefties are just loling and ur dumb"

"we want gay marriage" -> "bake the fucking cake, we WILL take your kid away if you don't let them on hormone blockers at 3y/o and let them cut their dick off at 8y/o. also heres a choir of gay men who are actual sex offenders singing 'we will convert your child' and let this sex offender drag queen with no underwear wearing a dress read books to your 5 year old child, oops i 'accidentally' crossed my legs and flashed my dick to your 5y/o. also let 50 year men in a dress into the same bathroom as your 12 year old daughter."

"dude just wash your hands, social distance, and take a vaccine" -> "dude you MUST download this app, report your location, stay in a camp for quarantine, need a vaccine passport, can't travel, and if you don't, you WILL be arrested. but refugees and illegal mexicans crossing the border don't need vaccines or to isolate or quarantine when coming into the country."

"dude we are just holding people responsible for their actions" -> "ban ANYONE including the president of the united states for saying mean things, dox them, harass them, attack them, ban their domain, refuse hosting, refuse their credit card payments, shutdown their patreon, etc. if you don't like it lol just build your own [x] service!."

"we just want racial equality" -> "fuck your whitey, we want black supremacy, we want reparations, white people becoming a minority is GOOD, hold white people responsible for unrelated people 200 years ago committing crimes, but holding actual criminals now responsible for their own actions = racist"

"we don't want to ban guns, we just want reasonable gun control" -> "YES WE ARE COMING FOR YOUR AR15, YES WE WILL ROUND YOU UP. you can't defeat the government with an ar15 anyway, but yes its also a weapon of war."

lefties are children who don't know what they want, and are never satisfied and total hypocrites. >>83391281
>>
>>83392035
So this is what untreated mental illness looks like.
>>
>>83391843
You are taking reason, leftoids are not about that and should not be taken seriously. They hate cars because cars allow unprecedented level of independent individual mobility, among other things.

> they are a genuine economic moneypit. Shits completely unsustainable
They are on par or less bad than most govt projects. Roads themselves can certainly be sustainable because of the sheer economic opportunities they create, it just matters where you place them. If you're not getting enough then cutting welfare to a couple of niggers or privatizing them will either way be a net benefit, either they close or they become self sufficient.
>>
>>83392034
I sense deeply seated envy and loathing in this post.
>>
>>83392107
can't prove me wrong, i have sex and am not neet. dilate/ywnbaw
>>
>>83391869
This Anon Gets It
>>
>>83392247
>everything is left vs right
retarded nigger American
>>
In the near future self-driving cars will BTFO the eurokeks yet again. Roads are the only ""public"" transit that matters in the long run. Rail is for freight.
>>
>>83380244
Internal combustion engine cars will be phased out, but it's already too late.
Better late than never, though.
>>
>>83390482
This is such a danger to our democracy
>>
File: Arabian-dromedary-camel.jpg (216 KB, 1600x1066)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>83385876
*blocks your path*
>>
>>83393482
This, ICEs should've been banned decades ago.
>>
>>83380244
Demanding cars be banned is straight-up retarded but it's not too far off the mark imo.
Public transport should definitely be more encouraged and better funded, it can transport more people at once, and the carbon emissions are lower than if everyone was just in their cars.
>>
>>83381408
niggers are too retarded and poor to own and drive a car
>>
>>83393514
based
>>
>>83391111
>I DEMAND YOU TO WEAR THE BELT OR I WILL CRY FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY WITH THE USE OF VIOLENCE !
>why are lolbertarians selfish subhumans?

seatbelt laws shouldn't exist but i would wear one anyway
>>
>>83391535
It's really surprising how many people here in America think suburbs and modern urban planning are great. I dream of the day I can use my car just for fun or long distance travel.
>>
>>83393385
You are helping my point.
>>
>>83393585
>carbon emissions
World's biggest meme after global warming
>>
>>83393790
It’s because they literally don’t know there’s an alternative
>>
>>83393790
Just don't live in suburbs, i'm sure the nigger concrete beehive will welcome you with open arms.
>>
>>83380244
No, only ban private cars and cars driving above 30km/h. Best option. People can still transport whoever/whatever needed at lower emission and accident rate (also less traffic jams) speeds, but mostly will stop polluting and jamming the streets due to better transit options.

Obviously if you live in rural towns, you need cars to commute. Can't very well close them, and they also won't easily get railway connections soon.
>>
>>83380244
>should cars be banned
personal cars yes, of course, 30 years ago already
we would be healthier, happier and had a fighting chance to stop global warming
>>
>>83393843
nice /pol/ bait
>>
>>83380244
No, but (((smart))) things should be.
>>
Car centric neighborhoods are perfect when you live in a multi ethnic dystopia since the only goal is to keep the hordes separate from the rich.
If you have a remotely healthy society, the Netherlands model works great and the rich are just annoyed because they have to walk next to you sometimes.
>>
>>83393915
A ban isn't necessary or helpful due to people living in poorly public transit connected towns and suburbs and their workplaces that also need to go to cities.

30km/h or such prevents most of the bad effects inside towns and cities. It reduces noise. It reduces pollution, it reduces accident risks if people and kids actually meet near the streets. It allows using bicycles, e-rollers and whatever else on the same streets to go between houses in the same town/city WITHOUT using a car.

Between towns/cities you need to allow cars at higher speeds, but can build railroads if you have budget.
>>
>>83393922
Imagine thinking this.
>>
>>83393966
I haven't yet met rich people annoyed to walk next to others in Switzerland. Most generally like it.
>>
File: 1631531019345.jpg (161 KB, 950x534)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>83380244
Drive up taxes on cars(except for licensed taxi drivers) and increase quality of public transportation. You have to be a real contrarian to ignore all the negative effects cars have.
>>
>>83393868
American cities are shit too. They don't have to be, but we intentionally fucked up our urban planning in the mid 1900s, and it's been terrible ever since.
>>
>>83394008
>Drive up taxes on cars
Despite being 99% of wear on roads, semitrucks only pay 35% of the maintenance
https://www.gao.gov/products/109954
>>
>>83394016
Then just leave and let history forget you were our countrymen. You have the means to and we get to have a cleaner country. Everyone wins.
>>
File: 71.jpg (216 KB, 1080x1346)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>83380244
No.
Ban piston engines, catalytic converters, and emissions testing.
All cars must by law use rotary engines with worn side and apex seals.
>>
>>83393983
20mph is hella slow
>>
>>83394163
walking is even slower
>>
>>83394073
kek based /o/tist
>>
>>83394000
He's wrong but close, it's not rich versus poor, but white versus black. White's don't want to ride/walk with obnoxious niggers and have them tear up and graffiti the cars/streets.
Unironically segregation would really help public transit adoption in the US.
>>
There's nothing wrong with cars
>>
>>83380244
cars are cancer but you americans are so brainwashed by your billionaire overlords that you will defend a fucking tailpipe directly connected to your brain just because an european or a redditor told you that maybe such thing is bad
>>
Rich people want to ban cars because they're the only ones who can afford to be reasonably close to their (now largely remote) workplaces. Banning cars comes after fixing that problem, which is impossible given current property prices.
>>
>>83381464
>We are the masters of our world
and look where this mentality has gotten us
the worst environmental lie repeated is that we have to take care of the planet like we even have the power to kill it
the planet will shake us off like flees and then we will die and it will carry on some more billion years without us
we are not masters of shit other than destruction, our own
>>
File: Frown_Digest.png (273 KB, 478x364)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>83390236
Basically this.
Every encounter with public transit in the south is miserable.

And bicycles don't make sense because not only are the distances orders of magnitude larger than European cities, but it can be well over 100 degrees in the summer, and summer weather patterns trap smog, so you try to avoid using a car and you show up where you're going sweaty with an aching throat from all the brake dust and smog.
Forget about it in any smaller city there aren't even sidewalks they'll run your ass over.
Fuck /n/ it only works in Europe.
>>
>>83394395
>a fucking tailpipe directly connected to your brain just because an european or a redditor told you that maybe such thing is bad
When was the last time reddit nigger or europoor gave decent advice like that? It's all leftist bullshit, entirely justified to be not just ignored but doing the opposite.

Listen to them and do the opposite it the best action you can take regarding those people.
>>
>>83393780
>evades the argument
so this is the intelligence of lolbertarians....
>>
>>83388908
heh
>>
i love living in my suburban cracker psychosis hell pit. i love being afraid of my neighbors and have my surrounding architecture and infrastructure actively superimpose this fear of the outside world inside of my little dopamine and consumerism fried brain. i harbor daily thoughts on slaughtering my family but a new funko pop release will quell the blood lust at least for one more day. this is a prison i willingly signed up for.
>>
>>83394949
Evade this
YOU
WILL
NEVER
BE
A
WOMAN
>>
>>83395040
Nice fantasy but stop snorting crack
>>
>>83380302
>>
>>83395113
I'll shill for urban planning commies if they pay me more.
>>
>>83395072
that's the first thing you got right, lolbert. now you just have to come up with an argument.
>>
>>83395136
Uh, sweetie, that's not an argument, you see. I just defeated you in discussion, don't be racist.
>>
>>83380244
Obvious clickbait is obvious. If you want people to stop using cars, focus on making better alternatives instead of banning the only viable option you've given them. If you just make streets walkable and give people reliable and cheap public transportation, they'll use cars less often without having to force them to stop.
>>
>>83381351
>oy vey, you can't have good public transit and stop buying cars! do you want to end up like CHINA?
This is why the US will always be a shithole.
>>
Take my car out for a spin on the country roads or get funneled into a can of human sardines to share seats with muggers and rapists to get to work at some inner city office? No thanks. Looks like Rush might be right about the song Red Barchetta. I get why cars should be banned in most cities and replaced with public transport but outside of cities, I think its a poor idea. Public transport in rural environments is always looked over because maintaining the cities economy is far more important to legislators. They'll ban cars and it will encourage everyone to move closer to public transportation stations and stops, and effectively create new postmodern problems that come as a side effect to overcrowding. Cherish the age of the car, the utmost freedom one can attain in their personal mobility that the world has ever seen. Optimize and fine-tune this luxury we have instead of banning it outright. If a system where all cars are banned, we will find ways to safeguard these cars and we will drive them secretly deep in the mountains and there is nothing you guys can do to stop us.
>>
File: 1625507615913.jpg (132 KB, 828x817)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>83384612
>nu hampshire
>>
>>83393482
>>83393563
Not to mention that the oil exports to the west have accounted for the greatest transfer of wealth in human history.
>>83393843
Riding the willful ignorance train to the end of the line.
>>
>>83395610
>Riding the willful ignorance train to the end of the line.
Can't have commies hogging all the fun. I bet you believe in nuclear winter too.
>>
>>83394163
Works fine within towns and cities. Very few cities are even 20 miles wide and preventing traffic jams and accidents very often saves far more time than higher driving speeds could. The increased non-car participants like bicycles or such mostly *can't* even really jam a street.

And then there is also the pollution and noise reduction.

Of course this would be a much worse plan if 60mph from destination to destination just worked regardless where you go, but it basically never does in a city once you do that. You have car-only streets, they jam for acceleration/deceleration and accident and other reasons, it's a mess.
>>
>>83392247
Driving to the grocery store to then drive over the street to the next car park for another shop is not freedom, it’s bad planning.
>>
>>83385876
>doesn’t require electricity or fuel
>horse starves, dehydrates or doesn’t work due to lack of care
>>
>>83380244
the average driver shouldn't be allowed to have a car. 100% of drivers I know own a poorly mended tincan.
>>
>>83380244
I would ban (normal, current ICE) cars in cities if I could, or at least restrict them heavily.
IMO, cars should only be used when people really need them or in the most efficient cases: for transporting bulky stuff or 4+ people. public transport should be used in any other case (the more people using public transport, the more efficient it becomes).
also, I would promote smaller cars. seeing only 1 or 2 people in a big fucking car is a terrible waste of energy and space IMO.
but I agree with >>83380292, this is no topic for /g/. this is about public policy, transport or somethnig related, NOT about the technology itself.
>>
File: franz halder.jpg (143 KB, 565x799)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>83385876
How on earth did you get access to /g/ from the German General Staff HQ in 1941?
>>
>>83395734
looks good enough to me, certainly better than some pinko faggot "planner's" vision
>>
>>83384573
Even theyve lost their way. Honestly. Look at the m5 f80 (2010 one). A nasp v10 5 litre pushing 507 brake horse. Rwd and three fucking pedals. Now theyre just like vag and merc - two big turbos shoved on a shitty engine with a shitty dct that tales 10 years to slow down, and then use a fwd drive train with rear assist and have the audacity to call it all wheel drive.
>>
>>83385876
>Doesn't require electricity or fuel
Needs a massive amount of food, far more massive than you need extra when using a bicycle. Because it's a big animal.

> Collisions are rare or non-deadly
Wrong, horse collisions are very harmful, was and is a big issue on streets.

It gets worse when you're not strictly selecting for the best most calm horses out of many more than need to be killed, and reserve the streets for them.

> Can be used for other purposes
No thanks.

> Low maintenance, just needs a place to shit and graze and water
If you're still at like 20 people per 100 square kilometers, maybe. Else drinking water and fields are crucially important areas near human settlements and NOT available for horses.

Bicycles and such with extra cars when needed superior in almost every way.
>>
>>83395888
You're talking about the E60, NOT the F80.
>>
>>83395842
imagine if you had to do a pre drive check every trip and needed 100 hours logged with an instructor before you got your license. the roads would be so much better
>>
>>83395971
thank you for your input but cars aren't planes, fuck off
>>
>>83396079
shut up cager
>>
>>83396140
can i touch your cockè
>>
>>83396079
In fact, planes are so expensive because of the entire tons of government managerial overhead stacked on top of each other, as well as courts dumping liability on the companies in all cases. Without this bullshit a plane would cost little more than a modern car, but because of the fear of some irrational fear of flying in women and bureaucrats we've gone to space before the common man can rise into the sky without contacting entities as big and as corrupt and inefficient and fraudlent as said governments.
>>
>>83395971
At least Autopilot is finally making its way into cars thanks to Tesla
>>
>>83396258
>>83382951
>>
>>83396205
that and the constant maintainance
>>
>>83394949
>evades the argument
there is no argument, just the claim that by putting myself in risk there is a small chance a situation where i would be unable to help might happen.

To use this very low risk in order to enforce violence and extortion towards orders is completely retarded and not even worth arguing against, go fuck yourself bootlicker, im reporting you, say goodbye to your social credit score.
>>
>>83396688
>small chance a situation where i would be unable to help might happen.
that """small chance""" is orders of magnitude bigger when you don't wear a seatbelt, stupid lolbert retard.
don't bother trying to shit up your braindead reply, i won't read it.
>>
>>83396764
>that """small chance""" is orders of magnitude bigger when you don't wear a seatbelt, stupid lolbert retard.
its still stupidly small, also liberty is not relative to "muh statistics"
>i won't read it
bootlickers like you are not capable of discussion
>>
>>83392269
Your ability to sense emotion is equally on point as most americans.
>>
>>83394039
Why are you getting so defensive towards someone criticizing decisions that put the country in a worse state?
>>
No, they shouldn't be.

SLAVE FUCK.
>>
File: murica-land-of-the-oil.gif (1.25 MB, 320x180)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
>>83380244
>"studies show the more roads we build, the more people drive and congestion actually increases. (...) It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if we decrease the number of roads that we can drive on, the less people will drive."

Okay now do the same thing with water. People drink a lot of water. Just decrease the amount of water available and less people will drink water.
Yes, in case that is true. But who gets to drink the water? Rich people who can afford to drink it.

Another fascist ploy disarmed - a world saved. People I say to you, drive your car, use fossil fuels, fuck the green and left, use the goods provided by mother earth. Don't let anyone guilt you into playing their game. Burn a Tesla today, in minecraft.

If you don't fight back this green energy oppression you too will enjoy a ride in the public 'transport'. While only select special people get to ride their own cars on roads paid by you.
Also >>>/n/
>>
>>83397654
How do I crosspost? I'm kind of new to this 4channel thing. Thanks in advance anonbro!
>>
>>83397654
>induced demand of water
retard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.