[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cinemadisplay.jpg (61 KB, 600x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
I've been using an iMac for a long time, and now that i'd like to switch to Linux i find the lack of decent monitors a big problem.
How much do i have to spend on a monitor for it to come close to an Apple one?
I thought that a 350$ monitor would be decent but it's just hideous, if i tilt my head slightly all the colours change and everything gets darker.
People often complains that Macs are overpriced but don't consider that they come with absolutely top notch monitors. Also, does Linux even have support for 4K monitors? I'd really like to switch but this monitor thing is keeping me from doing it.
>>
>>82645809
Don’t take the “linux pill”, there’s nothing there but frustration. Stay with Apple.
>>
>>82645809
Samsung Galaxy Books have AMOLED displays with true blacks, and don't glow like phosphorus child's toys of Apple.
>>
>>82645809
It's not their displays that do it, it's the calibration profile. Simply configure the screen correctly for your device. Try to ignore the shills on this board. They will screech and squirm because of their mistakes. Be smart, do some actual homework and don't ask a coomsumer board. CALIBRATE YO SHIT.
>>
>>82645809
I'm on linux now, switching to macs when the new m chip pros come out.

I'll see you on the other side fren.
>>
>>82645809
>Every monitor seems to suck
ftfy
microled is the only half-decent display tech, the rest, including super amoled lgbt++ super thinq quantum dot retardation is godawful.
just buy whatever cheap tn that does not flicker you can find and move on, there is no point in wasting energy to find which garbage smells the least like shit...
you probably don't have the eyesight to see the differences anyways, like most people who pretend to care about colors and still believe ips is any good.
as long as you stay the fuck away from crt and really bad monitor you won't harm your eyes
>>
>>82645831
Enjoy your burn-in
>>
>>82645809
>I've been using an iMac for a long time
Thanks for putting that up front so we would all know it was okay to stop reading.
>>
I got a Samsung 24" for 90 bux, does the job perfectly
>>
>>82645809
>switching to linux
oh no no no no no, he listened to /g/
return back home, now
t. nigerian bvll apple chäd
>>
>>82646876
Dumb nigger
>>
>>82645809
If you can get over the mild gamer aesthetic, gigabyte makes really good monitors if you can get lucky with their QA. I’m also a macfag but needed a pc for work. So I bought a couple of the F127Q-Ps or whatever. They’re like 400 bucks. But the colors are the same as a Mac panel, high refresh rate and hdr. I also have the 5k ultrafine screen which is what I used to use, and that one is still slightly better, but keep in mind that you can get three of the Gigabyte screens for one of the LGs
>>
>>82645809
Just run the Linux app in MacOS
>>
>>82645809
monitor seethers are the worst. like audiophools but there is no equipment to test their utterly deranged brand fetishes.
My monitor has a red channel, has a green channel, and has a blue channel, with reasonable color balance and dynamic range. It's 14 years old and cost thousands new. I got it for 60 dolores at a flea market 8 years ago. It just works.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.