[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can someone find my geo location if they messaged me on Discord just like on Omegle? some faggot said he's loading up his tracker software to find me through Discord.

Also there's been A LOT of crypto scams happening in the course of 12 months through Discord and Telegram with a lot of deleted accounts. Shouldn't the Discord and Telegram admins/server owners be rich now with all the blackmail they have? or if said pajeets used proxy programs, a fake number, a fake email then they'll never be able to trace them back?
>>
>>82645273
If I can find your IP, it's 127.0.0.1 by the way, anyone can!
>>
No. Just don't visit any websites. He could bait you into visiting a website that looks legit, and take your IP. He might create a fake identity and approach you, beware.
>>
>>82645497
this. It could even be a legit website, there factually are websites out there which allow js injections.wwpnt
>>
>>82645273
>Can someone find my geo location if they messaged me on Discord just like on Omegle?
if i sent you a link to my website and you clicked on it: your IP is now mine. outside of that: no.
>Shouldn't the Discord and Telegram admins/server owners be rich now with all the blackmail they have? or if said pajeets used proxy programs, a fake number, a fake email then they'll never be able to trace them back?
in many countries there's no ID requirement to own a mobile phone or SIM, so they can keep creating account after account and nothing happens to them. only the real dumbfucks are using any ID that can expose them.
>>
You used to be able to post an image that you self-hosted in a chat and the thumbnail preview would reach out and hit your server for every person who seen the message. Resulting it getting everyone's ip. Think they fixed that though, and useless for anything other than doxxing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.