[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Capture.png (2.99 MB, 2610x1665)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
This is it bros... the ARM future is now.
>>
>>82644881
Until they backport or add a compatibility layer for the majority of x86 games already out, I'm not interested. The games I play are typically like 1-6 years old. Loonix+Proton looks like a better option right now.
>>
>upscaling
Why won't this meme die already?
>>
>>82645149
Because I like nice graphics
>>
>>82645149
their profit margins need to increase. instead of implementing more advanced, complex, and faster hardware they just slap machine learning onto it and mark it up higher. pay up goyim, you will like it
>>
>>82645228
Then DLSS or FSR isn't for you.
>>
File: nvidia joke.jpg (816 KB, 1200x629)
816 KB
816 KB JPG
>>82644881
>>
Arm was already the future /g/

Posted from my M1 MacBook Pro.
>>
>>82644881
>btw I use arch
based
>>
>>82644881
Nice it'll probably be in the eventual switch 2/pro
>>
>>82645149
Because frankly, performance is more important than fidelity and a well upscaled image is preferable to either subpar performance at native resolution, drastically lowered settings or lower resolution with simple upscaling.
>>
>>82645709
Then just run a lower resolution? Why upscale?
>>
File: 1626612434607.jpg (905 KB, 3840x1965)
905 KB
905 KB JPG
>>82645450
It is.
>>
>>82644881
Nvidia's ARM acquisition must be stopped, or we're all fucked.
>>
>>82645761
>upscaling
>>
>>82645149
The real reason is compromise. They pushed 4K hard, and the cold hard truth is the hardware required to actually deliver content at 4K resolution is insane. Upscaling a subresolution addresses the handicap of lacking hardware not being able to render the at the level you really want.

All of those phone and tablet screens with stupid high resolutions are just wasting power. They'll all render at lower resolutions then upscale back in a couple years time. Every laptop will render a subresolution and then scale back.
>>
>>82645761
That picture looks gross all round
>top one has good bridge lines but smoke is pixelated. Water a little shimmery.
>2nd one just looks shit 720p
>3rd one is native but looks worse than the first one other than the smoke.
Have any other pictures?
>>
>>82645228
DLSS and FSR are not for fidelity you brainlet.
Upscaling is only done when your hardware cannot handle assets at native resolutions due to processing and memory limitations. This is commonplace for gayming console where they are used.
Nvidiots used to roast the shit out of console-fags for years. The leather jacket man is forced to use it because their hardware cannot handle their shitty ray-tracying implementation at common native resolutions. Nvidiot do a complete 180 and treat upcoming as the next best thing. Really makes the peanuts toast.
>>
>>82645791
It's a meme image anon. It's from the new avengers game which looks like shit all round.
They have an permanent and terrible TAA implementation that makes DLSS and FSR look like absolute ass the second you start moving. DLSS looks better when the camera is still as it has more time to calculate details but the second you start moving they both look equally terrible.
>>
>>82645791
That picture is flawed.
It is actually comparing AA techniques. The native image doesn't have AA at all. DLSS is simply an interesting way of doing SSAA with some upscaling.
>>82645790
Nope, the real reason is RTX mode. Higher-end Nvidia hardware can now handle 4K at 60-100FPS with most or all assets enabled. 4K is quickly becoming not much of a milestone anymore. Mid-range stuff can even handle it with some compromises.
>>
>>82645835
Virtually no one has an ultra high end GPU, they are beyond an extreme niche item. Ray tracing replacing raster graphics is a far off pipe dream, simple upscaling won't realistically do anything for that. People want the content, but do not have the hardware for it, regardless of the specifics of the workload, the problem is the hardware isn't strong enough.
>>
File: DLSS 3 (2).png (858 KB, 1280x720)
858 KB
858 KB PNG
>>82645450
Well, you're half right.
>>82645744
Because DLSS looks better than the internal resolution used. Why play at 1080p when you can play at 1080p, DLSSed to 1440p?
>>
>>82645878
Ahem, wrong kiddio. There a small minority people that have and always will get them.
Real-time ray-tracying is a massive pipe dream because the computing power in customer-tier hardware still doesn't exist unless we revert back to 1990-era resolutions and assets.
Nvidia is pushing it because they need a app to justify pawning off their GPGPU design rejects to gaymers which helps fuel the F&D costs for their GPGPUs towards HPC and datacenter markets.
>>
>>82645927
>There a small minority people that have and always will get them.
A very, very small minority. As I said it is beyond niche.
Thanks for just agreeing with everything I said in different words, autist-kun.
>>
>>82645149
We reached the end of computer science a decade ago
Every new "innovation" is just complete meme tech now
There is still much work to be done in the field, but it's on improving all the broken, bloated shit we already have
>>
>>82645939
>Poor-fag coping this hard
>>
>>82644881
I too enjoy 2fps gaymen
>>
I think everything looks thhe same

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.