[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lovelabmaki.gif (904 KB, 500x532)
904 KB
904 KB GIF
>6th week of new job
>They STILL haven't caught on that I can't actually program

I'm shaking /g/
>>
They don't expect you to really do anything for your first three months anyway. You won't be profitable for two years. But by the time your stock vests you'll have made them money. Or you'll be fired in seven weeks, one of the two.
>>
>>82641457
calm down anon, if they haven't fired you yet then that means they don't expect you to know that shit.
>>
This is why you don't lie on your resume you fucking tard. atleast try to learn something at your job you moron.
>>
>>82641489
t. unemployed moran
do you think they hire people based solely on their resume? no you dipshit they have to pass technical interviews.
>>
No one really expects a freshman to do shit till 2 or 3 months.

Be cool and try to learn.
>>
File: 1617771060809.jpg (118 KB, 1100x1007)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
i did two internships concurrently this summer and both told me they don't want to hire me
>>
>>82641601
Any reason given?
>>
>Company wants us to take vacation
>Punishes us for taking vacation
>>
>>82641615
kek
>>
File: apu training.png (539 KB, 1858x1696)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
and the saga continues...

i was wondering if you finally got fired or not about a week or two ago.
>>
>>82641609
i'm white.
>>
Have you learned anything yet, anon? Did you get the IDE installed?
>>
File: 1613261370487.jpg (62 KB, 477x435)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>82641457
Didn't you just start your job a couple days ago? All I did was blink once, I thought.
>>
>>82641526
>tech interviews
>ah yes, of course, the way to solve this cherry picking counter problem is with my totally original on the spot algorithm
>dijkstra who? you mean that guy from the witcher 3?
>>
>six weeks
nigga I've been at it for a couple of years now, fighting feelings of guilt
>>
>3rd week of new job
>they still haven't caught on that I spend half of my work day with my eyes closed, pretending to read documents while actually napping in my chair
>>
>four weeks at new job
>thought I was getting shit tested last week with tons of tickets thrown at me.
>finished them all in the sprint
>last stand up PM seemed confused at why I was only working on 1 ticket
>anon what about everything from last sprint ?
I fucked up, I'm now going to get dog pilled with work.
>>
>>82642092
seethe, cope and dilate. you weren’t chosen because you lacked the skills or they didn’t need anyone in that position
>>
>>82641457
A friend of mine worked in a place that had a spare employee left, after one of the projects he was on run it's course, on a self-extending contract no-one bothered to terminate, for 13 months, doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing.
He even got a bonus for that period.
If you play your cards well, OP, you might just get your bonus too.
>>
>>82641457
juniors range from clueless to full of shitty useless bad habits, both need to be taught how to program anyway. all you need to do is show willingless to learn, it's all they expect from you
>>
>>82643595
how did you know im a white transgirl?
>>
>>82643674
honestly that sounds stressful. cos each month youre gonna be wondering, "shit are they gonna realize that i'm doing nothing and terminate me?"
>>
>>82644099
Yeah, this and literally wasting time professionally sounds like a major stresser. But I reckon you would get over it after a while.
>>
>>82644099
This. I personally already have shocking work performance anxiety, I can't imagine actually doing literally no work.
>>
dumb natsuoposter
>>
File: 1601221611448.jpg (211 KB, 960x720)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>82641457
>6th week of reading this thread
>>6 weeks
>>
File: heythere.png (467 KB, 909x900)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>82641457
Our politicians lie about their resumee all the time. Don't worry about not being able to actually do your job, it has been working for them for decades.
>>
>>82644289
>work performance anxiety, I can't imagine actually doing literally no work
kek
>>
>>82641457
>this thread again.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.