[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9McwzMa.jpg (132 KB, 2056x1556)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>Read the sticky: >>76759434

>GNU/Linux questions >>>/g/fglt

>Windows questions >>>/g/fwt

>PC building? >>>/g/pcbg

>Programming questions >>>/g/dpt

>Good, cheap, laptops >>>/g/tpg

>Cheap electronics >>>/g/csg

>Server questions >>>/g/hsg

>Buying headphones >>>/g/hpg

How to find/activate any version of Windows?
https://rentry.org/installwindows

Previous Thread >>82608109
>>
>>82622679
>Internet disconnects multiple times a day
>Router log full of "WAN DHCP" errors
>Every customer service rep tells me it's not on their end
>Error message suggests that it is
>Get nowhere after 3 customer reps, usual "reboot router, factory default"

What am I supposed to do here? This cannot be fixed on my end.
>>
Bros can someone please tell me why captcha isn't loading in quick reply on nsfw boards when 4chanx is up to date?
>>
>>82622702
you can either try a second router/modem or send a bomb to your ISP, that's about it
>>
File: 1610069741215.jpg (268 KB, 601x884)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Can someone help me decode this?
Recently this guy has been posting this encrypted (possibly schizo) shit on >>>/vg/fgoalter and I have no idea if it's an encrypted message or just spam
I tried decoding with base64, but all it outputs is some incoherent garbage that looks nothing like a base64 output
After some more digging, I found this could also be a message coded in Pollux cipher, but in order to decode it, you need 3 numbers, which don't seem to be posted anywhere. I tried using image dimensions + size as a number, but to no avail.
The code itself seems to always change:
https://arch.b4k.co/vg/thread/344183167/#344188090
He posted multiples messages using the same picture, but that's not always the case:
https://arch.b4k.co/vg/search/image/qowqHPDD8oYVyNt7CQ6WEQ/

Any ideas?
>>
Are there any problems or possible danger from plugging in an extension cable into another extension cable?
>>
>>82623007
I used to do it all the time. I didn't even switch them off. It was running continuously for about 7 years and never had any problems.
>>
Are there any games (on Steam) that emulate hacking/networking/IT work or am I better off just playing around in Packet Tracer?
>>
>>82623044
Thanks friendo
Can you use all plugs just fine in the second extension cable?
>>
>>82623007
if you're in the EU, insurance won't pay in case of fire. beyond that, basically no dangers whatsoever.
>>
>>82623097
Yeah, or at least I did.
I had one socket in the wall with a four way extension plugged into it with three of those sockets running things then the fourth socket had the other extension plugged in it and that was running four other things.
So there were eight things running in total (including the extension plugged into the extension) from the one socket and it was fine.
>>
>>82622702
If there's any other provider that you can switch to, do so. I used to have cable service that would randomly go down for anywhere between 5 minutes and 16 hours several times a week. The customer-service shits just read from a script, the only reason the company bothers employing them is to keep you off their backs. None of them did shit when I called several times. But when I got another service provider and called to cancel, all of a sudden they were very interested in the problems I had, they called me three times and sent a guy to my door.

Note that you can't bluff here, they will try to call you on it, you have to actually cancel.

>>82623007
>>82623097
this is safe if and only if you don't exceed the current rating of anything in the chain. In other words if you know that all the stuff that's plugged into the power strips is never going to draw more than six amps and all of said strips are rated for ten, it's fine. "Don't ever daisy-chain power strips" is one of those rules like "don't put metal in the microwave". It can be done safely, but the average consumer isn't smart enough to understand under what circumstances its safe and what circumstances it isn't, so they cover the product with dire warnings of "Don't do it ever" to protect against lawsuits.
>>
Is TOR still safe to use for not-exactly-legal stuff? Last time I used it, over 10 years ago, I had no problems. However I'm afraid things changed now
>>
Any idea ?
>>82623531
>>
Any other latest technology sites other than /g/ ?? Something like windows latest and windows central ??
Any good websites you recommend for latest news ?
>>
Anyone got a gmail? I need to confirm if my emails are being successfully delivered to gmail addresses.
My email is defski@cock.li
Thank you.
>>
>>82623556
Should be, in minecraft ofc.
There was a massive international operation where cops sold crimilans spofed phones. That wasn't needed if tor was compromised.
>>
>>82623556
IMO you should use full shield in TOR
>>
its too hot in my country, cpu temp is between 85-95c while gayming, throttle/max temp is 105c, is it safe to run the cpu at these temps for long time or will it be damaged
>>
>>82624103
Its safe, but clock speeds will be lower.
>>
what does browser.sessionstore.interval on firefox do, is it just incase firefox crashes and thats it since im pretty sure firefox saves your tabs when you close it no matter what its set to. if thats the case then is it worth setting it to something like 1 day since the chances of firefox crashing are pretty low and i dont care too much about the tabs?
>>
>>82624197
"The state of various window, tab and user-data will be saved, and reloaded upon application start. The feature will be passive, reacting only to forced-restarts such as extension installation and crashes." -mozilla wiki
set browser.sessionstore.enabled to false to disable it.
>>
File: rippy_the_razor_tips.png (316 KB, 500x587)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
How would I go about changing this code to have the output filename also include the album name?
https://github.com/kescherCode/oggify/blob/master/src/main.rs
I've never used rust before
>>
does anyone have a good anti shitposting /coomer filter list?
I changed my browser and I didn't save my previous one, would rather not have to make it again.
>>
>>82624242
so i mightaswell disable it?
>>
>>82623170
This is a last resort I think. If I cancel I need to pay the remainder of my contract. I am not alone with these errors as searching Google gives me multiple forums posts, from my ISP's forum. Usually arguing with customers or blaming BT, which I guess may actually be their responsibility. Maybe I should make a public forum post and see how they respond.
>>
>>82624380
Sure, but test how it works.
>>
>>82623835
Help here ?
>>
>>82623835
Would also like to know this. ZDnet, ThreatPost, HackerNews, TomsHardware are a few I can think of
>>
I'm getting PFN_list_corrupt error codes every now and then. Use to happen only when I was playing a certain game, but now it's happening on boot sometimes. There's been no major changes to my boot drive (program/driver installations/what have you) in months, and I already did the usual scandisk/checkdisk stuff but it hasn't fixed anything. Any ideas?
>>
My LAN RDP performance has dropped significantly since I updated my host and client from Windows 10 1909 to 21H1.

Has anybody else run into this? Both clients are on gigabit ethernet, and have about ~1ms of latency to eachother.
>>
>>82625095
Performance drop how? File transfer, general RDP performance? I haven't noticed any change
>>
>>82625139
General RDP performance. Particularly moving windows around feels sluggish.

I also have GPU acceleration/H265 stuff enabled, previously I could watch videos though it, now it struggles (don't ask)
>>
>Making all my passwords on websites the name of the site so I don't forget

What are some reasons not to do this?
>>
>>82625162
Someone could easily find out your method.
>>
>>82625162
Obvious guess, dictionary attacks
Atleast add one other word to the site name. The word can be same across sites, just don't use only the siten name.
>>
should i update my window 7
last time i did was 5 years ago
>>
File: 20210720_161451.jpg (3.29 MB, 4160x3120)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
I cant remove the solder from this 7 year old laptop no matter how much flux I use or how hot I get the iron. Wtf do i do. The iron is at 350 degrees celsius
>>
>>82625630
450 C, add some fresh solder, then remove the whole blob
Also /diy/ has an extremely useful thread for electronics
>>
>>82622679
I'm considering selling my NH-D15 and buying a ML240 Illusion and a 3 pack of matching RGB fans, because my current case has a window and I have absolutely no lights inside my case at the moment, and I kinda want some. Yay/Nay?
>>
>>82625720
>I kinda want some
Do it if you want to. Don't live to satisfy others.
>>
>>82623063
two come to mind
>movie hacking
uplink
>"realistic" hacking
hacknet

Uplink is certified good, even if not realistic, can't vouch for hacknet, but it does use real commands and ports.
>>
>>82625720
>rgb lights
I'm not saying don't, do what you want, but, why?
>>
I got a new SSD to replace one that's running out of space. Since rsyncing and changing fstab would be annoying, I just dd'd the disk. Worked successfully, but I don't know what to do to actually expand the partition. I expanded in cfdisk, but resize.f2fs doesn't do anything, and resizef2fs always wants me to run e2fsk. How do I expand my ext4 fs without deleting the data?
>>
>>82625789
>uplink

Based anon
>>
What's the best way to prevent GPU sag? Gonna be building my PC on Monday with a 3000 series and heard that this is a common issue
>>
>>82622940
Try xxd
>>
>>82625824
For the looks mostly, but it would also be incredibly useful, I'd be able to see when I should be clearing dust from the insides etc., right now I have to take the window off and use my phones flashlight to see if it's dusty.
>>
File: 1600839826282.gif (1.79 MB, 270x270)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
My TV is interpreting signals from my blu ray player's remote. Is there anything I can do about this or am I shit out of luck? It makes my tv unusable because whenever I hit navigation buttons on my blu ray player my TV's inputs change.
>>
Can error code 10 for a device also be a hardware error? I tried to use my microSD card port on my tablet for the first time since I bought it 4 years ago and it threw this error. I spilled milk on it like 3 years ago and cleaned up my usb and charger ports, but I never confirmed if my SD card slot was in working order. Updating, unsinstalling drivers and other driver related shit I tried didn't fix it.
>>
do ssds reduce cpu usage?
>>
>>82626290
Other than another remote, which will probably give the same result I think you're fucked. Are they the same brand?
>>
>Router says my phone is connected on 2.4GHz
>Phone says it is connected on 5GHz

Which do I believe? Both bands share the same SSID and password
>>
File: 2634163471.gif (1.42 MB, 320x240)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>82622679
I recently bought a laptop. Did weeks of research and thought I found Mr. Perfect but after receiving it I'm riddled with buyer's remorse. The screen sucks, the keyboard backlight is lacking, and I think I overestimated the specs I needed.
I bought it from Cardinal Pro Electronics through Amazon. Is there any hope of me returning it without getting raped by a restocking fee or getting the run around with support personnel or something? I feel so ashamed of my poor decision making for such an expensive product. I don't want to be that guy who has to fight to convince himself he didn't fuck up entirely and pretend to enjoy the overpriced computer he bought. I just want one more chance.
>>
>>82626561
nope
>>
where do I find this exactly version of chromium?
> 89.0.4389.128
https://chromiumdash.appspot.com/releases?platform=Windows
>Get the Installer (.exe) of an older version (from the download/ page or Snapshots repository about "official" builds)
I don't know how to browse chromium-browser-snapshots/
>>
Do you adjust you headphone audio with your keyboard or with your headphones?
>>
>>82627097
neither, the volume knob on the amp
>>
Is it grammatically correct to assume chromebooks are laptops? Or are they an entirely different beast?

To me, they both look the same, and the only thing that's different is the stock OS. They are folding portable computers, as far as I'm concerned. If I'm wrong (I have a strong feeling that I am), I would like to know what makes them different beyond the OS.
>>
>>82626595
I tried a different remote, yeah same problem. They're not the same brand. The TV is LG, the player is Sony.
>>
how do i do "cd" on linux but with the highest access to everything
like sudo or root

everything is backed up so "being able to break the os/hardware" level of access
>>
>>82623063
Hacknet is really good. Plus, it has DLC and community made content if you want more after the main game.
>>
>>82627217
elevate to root
either "su -" if you know root password
"sudo su" if you do not
>>
>>82627365
why "sudo su" if i dont?
i will google how to get the root password, but is sudo su worse?
>>
>>82627436
>sudo su worse?
you can't run "su -" if you don't have the root password
>>
>>82627458
ive set my root password and will be using "su -" - i was wondering what the different was between the two, one not requiring the root password
>>
>>82627493
run "man sudo"
>>
>>82627502
i got it, thanks for helping me find tonights thing c:
>>
7 year old computer crashed hard playing games last night, turns on but zero display on my monitors. All fans are on. Any idea?
>>
i saw some way to use 'visual mode' to bulk rename files... it was some luke smith video. does anyone know what this is called or know what vid im talking about
>>
>>82628217
This is done with ranger, using the :bulkrename command, then pressing Ctrl+v for visual mode
>>
>copying images from PC to new phone
>make sure both folders on computer are ordered the same way
>phone folder on computer shows images in same order
>phone shows the same folder in a DIFFERENT order
What can I do to preserve the order of the images without renaming them?
>>
File: 1469431004353.jpg (12 KB, 227x227)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
From what I've heard, reversing a binary tree is a common interview question. Why exactly would you need to reverse a binary tree? Is there a practical use? Or is just a test of competence?
>>
File: d8b.jpg (41 KB, 640x480)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>82622679
Parents are tech illeterate but want to make youtube vids, I tried to teach them windows laptop but it's too complex for them, they can't even move files from one folder to another. Is Mac a better option?
>>
File: EdigyQdUMAAXk7A.jpg (87 KB, 1200x675)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>82622679
I've always made a personal rule to stick with using AMD for both CPU and GPU because people used to tell me they "play well together" compared to mixing Intel/Radeon or AMD/Nvidia, etc.
Is this really the case? Or am I needlessly limiting the scope of searching for new parts? Will I still get great performance mixing a Ryzen CPU with an Nvidia GPU?
What about the actual manufacturers? Are some blatantly better than others or is it totally case-by-case? Should I get one manufactured by the same party as my motherboard?
>>
>>82629167
You're overthinking it. There's usually no discernible advantage. The exception is that the 5xxx AMD processors have one feature called Smart Memory Access that takes both. I wouldn't let it dissuade you from using nvidia though.
>>
>>82629375
Sounds good thanks anon.
>>
is there any way to determine if client in my network is windows or not
like pinging some specific port and waiting for response
>>
File: 60089.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
I want to keep notes on my desktop but windows 'Sticky Notes' is retarded because it does not stick to the desktop like a widget and you have to open it manually everytime so it is completely pointless. I may just open notepad document.
I want it to always be on the desktop so that it forces to remind me, just like keeping a google keep widget on your android home screen.
Is there a good alternative? Are widgets in win10 not a thing anymore?
>>
I'm setting up a seedbox for the first time.
Do I need to open any ports on ufw (aside from web admin) for my torrent client?
>>
>>82629518
you can use nmap.
>>
how to get good at problem solving?
especially in coding challenges
>>
>>82629865
does microsoft-ds mean it is windows client
i kinda think it means
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (6 KB, 1148x631)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
How to remove recent history showing up on new tab in Chromium
>>
Hi, I got a laptop recently, refurbished thinkpad w540, brilliant performance so far.
It just has this quirk though. A small section of the lower part of the screen frame (pic related) heats up. Not too hot, but it does get warm just like the bottom part of a laptop gets hot when computing.
I've noticed no drop in performance, or anything bad for that matter, but I haven't seen this before and it's kind of confusing.
>>
>>82630104
Forgot pic, here it is
>>
>>82629882
Study algorithms, data structures, and software patterns. When you go through the various established algirithm paradigms, data structures, and software patterns, you will have acquired good problem solving skills. Of course, you can, and should, continue to develop them, but you need to cover the basics first.
>>
How to get rich with /g
>>
Tell me how to get a million dollar?
>>
>>82630122
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felVqzu9mlU
As you can see on here, there are two option for what it is. If it's slightly offset to the left, it's just the ribbon cable that supplies power and the image to the screen. If it's slightly offset to the right, it's that copper thing that's probably used as some sort of antenna.
>>
File: 1606070765673.jpg.jpg (473 KB, 3508x2480)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
I downloaded a loader to launch it with the app to access the Pro version, my anti-virus was deleting the file automatically and I couldn't move it to the installation folder of the app so I had to disable it, now that I moved it and it's working great can I enable my anti-virus or would it delete the file again?
>>
>>82630249
>>82630263
>>>/biz/
>>
>>82630293
Depending on what antivirus software you're using, you can explicitly tell it to make an exception for a file. In the first place, antivirus these days are pretty useless.
>>
>>82623063
Do hackthebox, or various other sites like that. Def a lot more fun than the games out there.
>>82625866
gparted may do it.
>>82626058
They sell stands you can put in your PC to help support the GPU. You can also probs look to see if there's any local 3D printer sellers that may be able to print you a stand.
>>82626850
I'd trust router over your phone. Also why do you have both bands with the same name?
>>82626912
Typically it'll be fine if it was fullfilled by amazon.
>>82627168
Yes they're laptops.
>>82628184
Could be a lot of things, have you went through basic troubleshooting steps? Reseating GPU, ram, pulling CMOS battery.etc
>>82628685
see if you have a sort option in the app you're using to view the images on your phone.
>>82629038
Mac are generally "easier" but if they don't know basic computer actions it isn't going to save them anon. No joke, may be useful to get them one of those "PC for dummies" books to help them learn basic computer actions.
>>82629848
Matters on your provider, When I used UltraSB I didn't need to.
>>82629974
Clear history, or go into incogtino mode.
>>
>>82630305
Microsoft Security Essentials. I disabled real time protection.
>>
All Google services, and only Google services detect my location/region as Germany instead of Bulgaria, my public IP is detected correctly.
The only thing I can think of is that I do have a VPN server running on my router and I've given the credentials to a friend who is in Germany, so he can circumvent some restrictions, but I don't see how that can affect me.
>>
>>82630298
It’s deliberately a joke
>>
I’m for a million dollar real cash. Not some stock option, or some online game virtual limited items, REAL cash strictly. These are all deception to cover up something else.
>>
>>82630546
Souns rad.
>>
>>82630526
I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.
>>
>>82630613
you're thinking of good jokes
>>
I’m looking at pret pokered source code, anyone tell me how do you mod the code so you have the most minimum code that you can only move around the room where you begin your first new game, once you goes out of the room it all end, also remove all other function too include the menu functions dialog function etc, and after modded the code to minimum I want compile it into full game. Why? Because I’m newbie I can’t read anything on asm.
>>
>>82630284
Great, thanks :-)
>>
any good alternatives to vola-file now that it is dead?

Thanks
>>
File: 1600452810010.jpg (51 KB, 808x503)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>leave computer for like 20 minutes
>come back
>see this
>lost hours of today's work
how is this legal
>>
>>82630942
Just press skip for now faggot you haven't lost anything stop being a retard
>>
how do I stop setup/installation windows from stealing attention and dimming the screen on windows 10
>>
File: dumbass.png (308 KB, 1287x912)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>82630942
>not adjusting the update time
Just how much of a basic inept bitch are you?
>>
>>82630942
>how is this legal
you agreed to it
>>
>>82629897
You'd want to look into nmap's OS fingerprinting abilities but naturally that's not 100% accurate and IIRC Androids show up as Linux because they have the same kernel.
>microsoft-ds
Open ports give a hint but anyone and anything can use that port for whatever.
>>
>>82630942
>leaves computer for like 20 minutes
>doesn't save anything
>>
>>82630407
>clear history, or go into incognito mode
I meant permanently
>>
What do you nibbas use for spell (and perhaps grammar) checking?
(I run Arch btw)
>>
>>82630613
You think joker is fun? If you think accessing coinbase would get you a jail terms, trying to convert to cash is subject to real property capital gain tax, need to priori notify the officers one year ahead before you liquidate your stock options, is considered worth the time, better than real CASH, I think you have a mental health problem.
>>
File: realtimerendering.jpg (28 KB, 299x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
is this book good for beginners? i am still in the 4th chapter. I bought it a while ago, should i stick to it or get another book?
>>
>>82623131
>fire
>no danger whatsoever
uh, anon?
>>82623141
Lmao, that's crazy. I only intended to use the 2nd extension, I wouldn't think you could use every plug safely

>>82623170
Hmm, I see. I didn't plan to use all the plugs anyway. so I should be good.

Thanks for the responses lads
>>
File: 20210721_121847_1.webm (2.4 MB, 720x1280)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB WEBM
This little niggerfaggot is living in my fucking monitor rent-free. How fucked am I?
>>
>>82631551
turn off the monitor and room lights and bring a flash light and the bug should be following it
>>
>>82631579
Big brain idea thanks. I've never thought about this even beeing a possibility.
>>
>>82623131
>>82623141
>>82623170
oh, one more thing, is there much difference in cheap dollar store tier extension leads and the more expensive ones? neither are surge protected
>>
>>82631607
Hurry up!
Mine died in there and now I have "dead pixels" at the top of the screen.
>>
>>82631655
if they have the same current rating then no, there isn't. actually there's a good chance both of them came out of the same Chinese factory, it's just that one gets put in fancier packaging and sold at a markup.
>>
>>82631664
That did the trick I think, can't see the cunt anymore. Yeah I was worried about it dying in there, I imagine it gets warm enough inside that screen to cook the cunt.
>>
I have a library of e-books on my SMB share inside home netwok.
Mostly PDFs, some epubs, rarely djvus.
I'm using SumatraPDF to read them from my laptop.

How can I read them from my Android, synchronising reading progress between devices?
>>
Hey guys, clueless about programming and internet guy here in need of help.
Tried all their solutions but nothing. Support says to try a tracert to their european game server (Im in EU) and I did. turns out I connect to france, then to NA (kansas) and then back to germany. The IP where I connect to NA is where the ms gets tripled and probably whats causing my ping? because I start with 60 ms at the france server and end up with 200 ms in germany (again, after I passed through NA).

Is there anything I personally can do here? Like blocking connection to the NA IPs?
>>
>>82632604
Ive no idea how a block of text disappeared from this post but Im phoneposting so anything could happen. The info missing in this post is:
>Im playing a video game but having incredibly high ping unlike any other game Ive played
>>
>>82632604
>>82632615
do you have a VPN and is it connected?
>>
In the past, computers were very slow after 2 years of use. That doesn't happen anymore.

What happened?
>>
I want to get out from this Austism world, teach me how to get get out!
>>
Hey guys, I installed windows 10 for my mom, used the debloater script, installed office, and activated both office and windows with abbodi's script. Is there anything else I can do to make her experience comfier? She basically uses it only for browsing and some business programs.
>>
>>82633315
I'd set a target version for windows in group policy, so it doesn't upgrade more often than necessary. Big thing though is make sure ublock origin is set up in any browsers she might use.
>>
>>82633068
no
>>
>>82631667
thanks
>>
>>82626058
friend's machine was really bad for this, so what i did was use a cable tie going from the 6+2 power cable up to a hole in the 5.25" bay cage
>>
File: 26a.jpg (81 KB, 771x681)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
I have a bunch of anime in .mkv files that's taking too much space in my drive (probably because multilanguage), is there a way to convert them to .mp4 but keeping only Japanese audio and English subtitles (on screen as part of the video)? And if possible compress it a little without losing quality?
>>
>>82633999
Ffmpeg probably. As for hard coding the subs. Probably not
>>
Comcast or Centurylink? Yes I know I'm fucked either way.
>>
>>82633131
Back then computers got significantly better every few years and programs got more power hungry with the progress. For the last 10 or so years Intel has had similar performance, while AMD had no competing CPUs. We might see similar progress with the new AMD CPU's and Intels response to them.
>>
do i really need to worry about ssds dying from writing too much to them? ive heard nowadays theyre pretty safe, even tlc and qlc ones
>>
>>82633315
Set teh current network connection to a 'metered' and prevent updates from running on metered connections. That should prevent auto updates completely, since money is involved.
>>
I'm using Driver Booster and it shows that I have 10GB of "junk" files, should I take my chances and clear them?
>>
>>82626058
LEGO blocks, figurines, DVD's, or anything similar. I use dominoes taped together to a cube shape.
>>
>>82633999
subs and audio files take jack shit space when compared to video. Encode them to 265. Hardsubs also take more space than soft subs.

>>82634502
They have no problems in normal use. Issues come up on servers.
>>
Are shadow bans a thing on youtube? I found out recently that I can't post any comments. The comment appears like usual when I send it but after I reload the page it's not there. I can't think of any reason for a ban though aside from that one comment that could be reported as spam and deleted by the channel owner who was paid to advertize bullshit.
>>
>>82634649
>Are shadow bans a thing on youtube?
Is the sky blue?
>>
>>82634655
It's cloudy, can't check. So can you answer my question?
>>
>>82634649
They have some kind of advanced AI filter there that looks for bad words. I once spent 10 minutes trying to type faggot in different ways(checking whether it got deleted by trying to edit the comment). Nothing worked. Faggot, f&gg0t, fagg2t, fgt, f1gt. Other comments worked though.
>>
>>82634793
I can't seem to post anything at all, in completely different channels, in different languages and nothing even remotely offensive
>>
>>82634865
Sucks to be you then. Make a new jewgle account, clear cookies, restart router.
>>
>>82634655
the sky is grey
>>
Some feedback would be appreciated:
>>82634538
>>
>>82634910
i think these are usually just windows diagnostics and pager files
also clear your browser cache and empty the recycle bin...
>>
>>82635050
So there's no danger whatsoever?
>>
File: 0 feel runner.jpg (16 KB, 428x424)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>82622679
I've got a 4G LTE modem/router for home internet. There was about 1 afternoon where it worked great, but now my download speeds are crazy slow while my upload speeds are great. The ookla speedtest shows my downloads are fine though (~50Mbps), but every other testing site, and my steam downloads show it being around .6Kbps. I know ookla cheats, but at least it shows there isn't a hardware problem.
The router has a built in bandwidth monitor, and it mirrors all of the tests results. I'm almost certain this is a problem on the ISPs end. Am I right? I haven't tried testing with a VPN, but I've heard of people with similar issues, and the VPN bypasses whatever fuckery the ISP may be doing.
>>
>>82635091
i dont want to say that even though i delete those files myself, because you might care about the consequences of doing so if things go wrong
look at what you are deleting and make that choice yourself.
>>
>>82635121
Try rebooting the router. But the shit download could just be the cell tower is congested.
>>
How do I revive dead torrent? :(
>>
>>82635144
>because you might care about the consequences of doing so if things go wrong
What's the worst thing that can happen?
>>
>>82635159
The issue has been consistent with two separate units, but I'll give it a try again. If it was congestion, I would guess it would be better at night but that's not the case. It's consistently awful day or night.
>>
>>82622679
Is there a way to remove AMD PSP from B450 motherboard?
>>
>>82635218
>windows diagnostics
if your computer dies a day after you delete the files, or if something that went wrong a day before here lead to your computer breaking later on, then you dont have the diagnostics for what happened
the risk goes lower as time passes between you clearing it and the computer dying
can you fix most computer problems?
can you learn and adapt to fix new problems?

the worst that could happen is a $100 repair or something though, really... a quick visit to some computer store to fix your computer - the worst ontop of that is losing your files also, possibly with some errors
for 10GB of "junk" files i personally take the risk. 10gb is a lot. but im not going to tell you to do it. it could possibly hurt in the future. its your choice to make. do you understand what i mean?
>>
I bought a kingston data traveler a while ago with 128gb of space, however after preparing it to install an OS with it and formatting it now it has only 32gb of space as a limit and those 128gb seem to be "gone" when I look at it on the control panel.

What happened? Even if I restore it to factory settings it still shows that I only has 32gb.
>>
File: 1497712038601.jpg (802 KB, 1080x810)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
Does 4ChanBBS even work anymore?
I want to build an instance so I can browse around and shitpost from some ancient DOS machine I have laying around for shits and giggles. However the project looks like it's been virtually abandoned for about two years now.
>>
File: pagenotfound-img.png (50 KB, 1024x576)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>82635449
>preparing it to install an OS with it
Extra info?
>>
>>82635478
I think I used Multiboot to prep it with a windows 7 ISO, but then I just formatted the thing so that I could get back a normal USB.
>>
>>82635452
all BBS has been abandoned for years now...
>>
>>82635502
It has multiple partitions and the first one seems to be 32GB.
>>
>>82635527
How can I restore that?
>>
File: level29.jpg (20 KB, 438x428)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>82635512
Not all of them, but I wanted something that's not reddit.
>>
>>82635201
You can't

>>82635330
Debends on mb.
Its in BIOS IF your mb supports disabling it.
>>
>>82634502
>do i really need to worry about ssds dying from writing too much to them
they typically publish how much you should be able to write to them, typically in terms of TBs, so you can look up the model you have, or want to buy, what it's expected life is in writes, and do the math to figure out if it will last long enough for you. changes are, it will be fine, they have pretty high write tolerance these days, for the better drives anyway
>>
>>82635355
Cool. Thanks for answering me, brother.
>>
Would anyone know how I could change the native subtitle color for a chromium based browser (Vivaldi)? The white subs look really bad and I'd really like yellow.
>>
>>82635620
I don't use chromium anymore, but subtitle styling was under settings -> advanced -> accessibility iirc
>>
c-can someone explain how to implement ring signatures in a way that a mathlet can understand?
>>
>>82635221
Actually residential broadband tends to be worse at nights. Daytime you have a lot of people out of the house.

Cellular broadband is kind of shitty by nature. It really shouldn't be necessary to rely on something as bad as it, but there's a lot of screwy forces at play that make US internet laughably bad, to the point where there's actually a market for goddamn satellite.

Don't know which company you're with, but cellular bandwidth is limited, and they're very likely to give mobile customers priority. If they don't balance this well, it can lead to the kind of dropouts you're talking about. Also you need a really strong connection, especially if you're competing with a lot of other people.

Then there's issues related to their infrastructure, which is jerryrigged on to the phone protocols. That can keep some things like VPNs or gaming chats from working right, and give you the mother of all NAT headaches. But that would be more consistent and disrupt less stuff than what you're talking about.
>>
>>82635533
>open disk management
>remove the mishmash of partitions
>create one big
>>
>>82635689
Is there a way I could do this on Linux? I don't use proprietary non free software that most retards like you use these days
>>
File: Cfdisk_screenshot.png (85 KB, 828x586)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>82635772
Oh, it's even easier on ganoo systems than windows. Not sure what people usually use but for me its cfdisk.
>>
>>82635772
gnome disks for gui
>>
>>82635803
gparted
>>
I'm using alt + ] and alt + [ for controlling volume with AutoHotKey. Are there any foreseeable conflicts with this?
>>
How should I clean tape residue off my PSU cables?
>>
>>82635991
alcohol/ethanol
>>
>>82635991
pee on it
>>
how do I get an invite for cock.li? I just want a mail address for shitposting
>>
>>82635991
as the other anon said it's either alcohol or more effectively isopropyl alcohol
>>
>>82630407
>>82630407
Computer rebooted, jumped into a bot game on leagues and the same crash happened which makes me think it’s the video card
>>
Just bought a GTX 710 to get some CPU usage off my Celeron G5920 (2x3.5GHZ).

When playing youtube in browser (Vivaldi, Firefox) I am still seeing high CPU usage, but none of the stutter i was seeing before, so the problem seems to be solved, however, i am curious why the CPU still seems to be so high? Shouldnt the GPU be handling it ?
>>
>>82636562
Fuck - forgot to mention: Ubuntu 21.04.
>>
>>82635991
as the other anon said it's peeor more effectively cum
>>
What happened to catbox?
>>
what is the thing im looking for that does the following..

i want to redirect all traffic on my network aimed at a particular website (*.website.com) and have it all look to either the localhost (127.0.0.1) or a PC on the network.

Reverse Proxy or something like that?
>>
What’s a bullshit budget video card for leagues and valheim? Seems all prices are fucked
>>
>>82636781
hosts file maybe?
>>
>>82636908
yeah but i also want it to work for all devices on the network. not just my regular pcs and stuff (xbox, phones etc)
>>
File: ryzen-with-radeon-vega.jpg (38 KB, 1200x628)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>82636897
ryzen with integrated graphics
>>
>>82623556
Use Whonix
>>
>>82636935
I see. Maybe you can make your router's DNS server hand out a local IP when someone asks for website.com? I don't know how likely that is to be supported though.
>>
File: though.png (167 KB, 738x723)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>82637040
>though
>>
>>82636781
run your own DNS server locally.
Most clients will use whatever DNS server they get from the router over DHCP.
>>
>>82636973
Ok well I have an old as shit mobo and a dead video card I’d just like to replace
>>
>>82637090
what the fuck is your problem, autist?
>>
my exhaust fan is intaking, how do I make it exhaust?
>>
>>82637402
...turn it around
>>
I just bought some RAM from China. Any good software you guys could recommend to test it? (stability + performance)
>>
Is it possible to buy spare side panels of cougar cases? Dropped a glass panel from my cougar panzer case, and now I can't find spares anywhere.
>>
>>82636781
Basically this >>82637097 except the "or" part, DNS answer is whatever it is. But the local IP works the same as loopback when you use it on the hosting computer THOUGH.
>>
>>82637220
League's requirements are practically nonexistant. Valheim will at least start on almost any gpu, although max settings would be like a 1060, which you can ebay under $300. Prices are starting to come down a bit, but i'll probably be another year before they're approaching normal. Also make sure you play val over ethernet. It has some of the worst matchmaking code I've ever seen.
>>
>be me; board tourist, caveman, and all-around retard
>boomer boss "got hacked"
>sure as shit there's emails from his account asking customers to redirect payments to another bank account (there was no banking information attached)
>get their IP addresses, two or three different ones but all of them the same fucking office building in Nigeria
>reset his password

Like I said, I'm a tourist who hardly uses computers to this degree. I'm not going to understand lingo. But where do I go from here? Resetting his password was step one but I'm going to monitor for logins afterward, I don't know if he has a keylogger or if there's fancy new ways of hacking email in the last ten years since I was computer literate. Worth reporting to FBI/Nigerian police? Apologies for newfaggotry
>>
>>82635580
That's sad. Is there any good search engine for torrents? This guy uploaded tons of stuff that you can't find from anyone else
>>
Okay so I've recent realized my network setup is ass. Currently my setup is my modem connected to my first router. The first router is then connected to a second router in bridge mode via LAN to WAN. I intended to use this second router as a switch since I had it lying around but it seems like its limiting DL speeds on anything connected to it.
I have two options:
>Download custom firmware for the second router like ddwrt or some other shit and fuck with it, hoping it works
>Replace the second router entirely with a $15-20 switch off Amazon, plug and play hopefully.
Any suggestions, alternatives?
>>
>>82638251
That's why it's sad the traditional networks got killed by torrents. Torrents die easily.
>>
>>82637688
Might just grab the most bullshit card I can for leagues and eventually buy a decent laptop for lans. Anything around $150?
>>
How do I register an email address on cock.li ? Anybody got an invite?
>>
I need to generate a new hash for a media file, for copyright reasons, since Google will detect and block me from sharing it otherwise. Since they only check the hash of the file, could you recommend a program that does it? (some websites that do it online have a size limit which is a problem for me). I'd rather do it offline.
>>
>>82638328
You could ebay a 1050ti for around that.
>>
>>82638404
We are all losers seeking invites to cock.li today :(
>>
>>82622679
How do you play music files instantly with aimp on android? When I click on a music file, all it does is add it to a playlist.
>>
>>82622679
How do you boost the sound on an android phone? Hardware, software, etc?
>>
>>82622679
Are rfid bags a meme? Looking to get a small one for my phone.
>>
File: 1623624825805.png (6 KB, 589x116)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Is it related to cable damage? How the fuck U0 have 6dB abut U1 have 36.7dB?
>>
>>82638268
just buy a gigabit switch, they're cheap. having double NAT (i.e. 2 routers behind one another) should be avoided whenever possible.
>>
File: rx250.png (36 KB, 500x366)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
tl;dr recommendation for wireless mouse
- I am in the mood to change my setup a bit and would love to try the wireless solutions.
- While I am waiting for muh first mechanical keyboards as discussed in /mkg/ (keychron k8), I was thinking about purchasing a mouse.
- Pic rel Logitech RX250 is what I was pretty much using for over a decade or more and right now I am using 3rd spare since as the last one were worn out.
-- I don't mind playing FPSes on it, it's just reliable
- What I would want is to have a wireless Bluetooth connection, usb port for charging.
- I don't really have the urge to have gaming stylized mouse (kinda gay), but then I am not sure if market would force me to buy such.
What would you recommend in that case?

Also, I am looking for wireless headphones as well.
I heard some bad rap about headsets, what's wrong with them?
>>
>>82638268
Yeah that's wrong. You run it LAN to LAN, and the second router needs to be put into Access Point mode. They should have the same IP up through the third group. I.E 192.168.1.x

Also it's worth setting the wifi channels manually on the 2.4ghz band. One of them should be on 1, the other on 11.
>>
>>82639161
Oh I turned off wireless, I don't want wireless on the second router.
>>
>>82639192
Well that's one less step.
>>
Large scale civilisation collapse in the making!! House is up for foreclosure, business is boom and bust, people dying, financial centre getting terror attack!
>>
Get gun powder, protect yourselves, zombie apocalypse, get ready to fend off insanity.
>>
Mental torture, autistics, getting worse day by day, bank robbery, banker robbing building inside out, heavy rain catastrophic, covid new variant, more lock down, more vaccination, more deception, more oppression!
>>
>>82639139
>I don't really have the urge to have gaming stylized mouse
I currently use M330 and used M185 in past and can vouch for these two, you might want to look for those, cheap and comfy.
>What I would want is to have a wireless Bluetooth connection, usb port for charging
Disregard if you strict on this criteria. I think AA is superior to charging.
>>
File: 1619340470248.png (18 KB, 1200x500)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Can picrel be used, conveniently if possible, as a complete replacement for LibreOffice?
>>
How do people spoof mobile games? Just connect to a VPN and log in? I want to spoof my location on Pokémon Go, and when I say spoof I just want it to think I'm around 200 yards away from my house, nothing crazy.
>>
Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max Insanity max
>>
>>82639795
You have to have control over the OS, without the game knowing you have control. Something like majisk, which is dying since the dev works for google now.
>>
>>82639871
hmm, what about an Android emulator like Bluestacks?
>>
>>82639755
no. not even close. latex is for preparing documents. libreoffice is an office suite. you could maybe replace libreoffice writer and math with latex (honestly latex would be a lot better than libreoffice math), but there is nothing about latex that could remotely replace calc, draw, and/or impress
>>
>>82639929
You can google it. YMMV
>>
>>82627168
You mean desktop? Laptops are the design of the device, I would say. With a keyboard and a touchpad. The rest are just tablets for me. Desktop operating systems use pointer devices as opposed as mobile devices that use touch screens exclusively. But then again, so does Surface and a bunch of other OEMs with Win10.
Good question. It used to be x86 vs ARM but now that's not even the main difference.
>>
>>82631151
delete chromium
install firefox
>>
I need to underclock a Ryzen 5600X to 3.7GHz through the BIOS of a Asus X570 mobo. How do I do that? I’ve never done that, and all the tutorials out there are about overclocking.
>>
>>82638511
Why the fuck are these so expensive?
>>
>>82628716
I think it's basically a test to prove that yes, you do know how to code. Seems many leave college with no actual coding skill nowadays
>>
>>82629835
rainmeter probably has a widget that does what you need
>>
>>82631151
install new tab changing extension
I used to use humble new tab page(HNTP)
>>
>>82632002
maybe calibre or ubooquity? I don't know if they track reading progress.
>>
>>82640232
Crypto mining
>>
>>82632604
can you set a server region? Maybe it's set to allow US when it ought not to be
>>
>>82634502
The important stat is TBW, how many terabytes can be written to an ssd before it can be considered "end of life", they tend to be near or around 100 terabytes.

https://nullbeans.com/what-does-ssd-tbw-mean/
>>
>>82634649
YT in the past has sometimes set comments to uploader approved only, without the uploader knowing, could be that. Shadowbans are a very real possibility though.
>>
>>82635201
Keep it in your client and pray
>>
>>82639986
>>82639755
I use LaTeX for slides and some documents, and is pretty nice IF you have a single format template, otherwise irrelevant tasks like aligning, page numbering, doing tables can easily transform the experience into hell
>>
>>82636717
works for me sempai
>>
how can I make sure I am always reachable through mumble despite having dynamic IP
>>
>>82640497
i dont know anything about mumble, but the solution to dynamic IP is usually Dynamic DNS.
>>
>>82640497
either ask your ISP for a static ip (they may charge for it)
or if you don't want to, then use a dynamic dns service, i recommend afraid.org
>>
>>82640497
register a domain name with a dynamic DNS service. you run a service on a computer on your network that reports your public IP periodically, so you can always reach your home IP by a domain name
>>
>>82637483
memtest86 seems to be the go-to
>>
>>82637483
google chrome
>>
I have kinda expensive mouse and the scroll wheel went bad after a few months. It doesn't scroll at every detent and sometimes it even scrolls between detents. However if I spin the wheel quickly at a constant rate, it seems to scroll at a constant rate. Any ideas? I've never had this problem with a mouse before, usually the switches crap out first.
>>
>>82640666
>detent
i can't help you, but thanks for teaching me a word
>>
>>82640786
Yeah I looked it up and I guess scroll wheels use mechanical encoders these days, while my older one had an optical encoder? Great, yet another switch that will break and make the mouse a pain in the ass to use. I have the worst luck with mice. Fuck it, I'm going to find a cheap ass mouse that fits nicely in my palm and buy a box full of them.
>>
>>82622679
I need a firefox addon (or some browser command or whatever) to save browsing history (only the URLs would be enough) from all my current tabs. any suggestions?
>>
>>82641105
what's wrong with the built in history function?
>>
>>82641119
I want to save ALL the history (i.e., current and previous visited URLs) from ALL tabs, not just the current ones. I don't know how to do that from the history tool. is it possible?
>>
>>82641119
>>82641165
nvm, it is. I'm retarded and didn't know you could do that.. thanks a lot m8!
>>
>>82641165
hmm, i'm not sure. if you drag down on the back arrow it shows you all the history for that tab, but that only works while the tab is still open, and you probably already knew about that feature
>>
Where do I go about finding decent small computer desks? Lack of ergonomics is taking its toll after 6+ months of working from home. Sick of having to lean forward to type and use the mouse.
>>
Is there any simple program for Windows that does nothing besides display an icon on the taskbar that I can change colors from the command line? I think this would be useful for displaying info at a glance from my other devices which can send the command to do so
>>
So I recently started twitter again on a new account.
Relied on autologin for quite some time, but decided to limit my usage, and login manually each time there'd be an extra step other than just opening a tab.

After a while twitter claimed suspicious use and now says I need to get a code through a phone number.
It doesn't really make sense to me and googling around it seems to just be a way for them to collect phone numbers, but if you just contact them and say no you're supposed to get your acc unlocked without giving them a phone number.
How long do you reckon that takes?

I'd really not like to give in and give them a phone number, but I'm getting too tired for my principles.
>>
Why does my >android phone screen turn off and go into rest mode randomly while watching videos on Chrome?
I have to keep babysitting it and fiddling with the draggable upper bar, or whatever it is called, to keep it from doing this.
>>
>>82622940
the text itself seems to be base64. the linux base64 tool decodes it fine, to a degree. the decoded data, though... no idea. a simple binwalk pass gives no results. a quick glance on it shows no patterns imo
maybe the guy is posting a big file in reverse or some shit? guess you could wait until he stops posting. try doing some more advanced analysis than this. here's a suggestion: https://reverseengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/21555/what-is-an-entropy-graph
also ask >>>/g/cybersecurity
>>
>>82641201
it shows everything, or at least a lot of stuff,which is enough for me. I had like 300 tabs in one of my browser profiles...

>>82641357
dunno,but here's a couple of workarounds:
install an app for that:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/16067252/how-to-stop-screen-sleeping-when-using-apps-like-youtube-chrome-and-skygo-without-changing-sleep?hl=en

or do this
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/4329102/how-do-i-prevent-my-phone-from-sleeping-while-media-is-playing-in-chrome?hl=en
>Solution: Go to the video and while it's playing Tab out and open an old tab let it load then go back to the video and fullscreen the video for some reason this has worked three times already but it's not a permanent fix obviously. I usually dont even post on these things but it's fkn annoying hope I helped someone.

>>82641356
all social networks do this. I lost a couple of fb accounts because they wanted my phone #. I guess it has to do with your IP being in some blacklist, or their pattern detection systems (or whatever it is called) being shit

>if you just contact them and say no you're supposed to get your acc unlocked without giving them a phone number.
>How long do you reckon that takes?
this guy says it takes less than a day: https://old.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/8e5m73/twitter_is_forcing_me_to_add_my_phone_number_how/dxtty0y/
>>
File: Waters.png (14 KB, 300x442)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
When I run 3D Mark and see "average" is that just people with 3090's average or is this also accounting for the CPU? I just don't know if I'm splitting hairs over FPS or scores when my 3090 is doing a good job. I'm seeing plenty of people/youtube reviews of themselves hitting frames higher than I am and just want to know what's going or I should look into something.
>>
Hi, what do you think?

This hdd started to disconnect itself and reconnect for a couple of seconds. It has only been used for about 4 months

But from the past week till now, when I access some media or games stored in it, it takes a lifetime to load them.

I'm using DiskGenius and running an analysis in this harddrive. Do you think it is worth it to let it finish and attempt to repair it with the same tool? or shall stop the analysis I ditch it already?
>>
Asset price gonna inflated so much since the predatory banker wouldn’t stop passing down interest rate down to the end users, chink products, house price, food price, gpu price, everything soar to the sky!!
>>
>>82642813
Copy any data that is important off that drive as soon as possible. It's busted.
>>
>>82641529
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>82642950
would it be worth it to let it finish the analysis? Or just stop it?
>>
>>82643037
mate, the errors are so consistent that i could draw the last few squares for you
you know it's fucked already, no need to check the last little bit
>>
>>82622679
Wish the guy in the OP pic had a rolled up newspaper and a spray bottle :^)
>>
File: 5.webm (340 KB, 640x352)
340 KB
340 KB WEBM
Ok, I get graphical glitches when using dual monitors and really bad screen tearing, never happened with my old graphics card. I did a fresh install with DDU, using latest drivers I dont know what else I'm missing. Reply box and the cursor blinks and I get other oddities when browsing.
>>
File: 1616003966515.jpg (18 KB, 360x450)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I want to convert all my videos (mainly porn clips) to webm to save space - am I going to suffer quality loss?
>>
question: >>82643433

>>82643431
what GPU and OS? if Linux, what driver?
>DDU
I guess Windows?
>>
>>82643463
Shit, sorry
i7 4790k
8gigs ram
Driver version 471.11, was looking to see what are the most stable drivers for this gpu currently. had a 780 and never had a problem with dual monitors, ran even better with it desu, smoother scrolling while browsing and everything. Did I get a lemon?
win 7 was on linux back here for the time being
fuck it's doing it right now
This has been going on for months and I've posted here a few times, I'm going nuts. I tried a setting on the nvidia control panel
>content type reported to the display
>desktop programs
>>
>>82643502
does it happen only in the browser? tried disabling (or enabling) hw acceleration in the browser settings?

>Did I get a lemon?
dunno, I'll let other people answer that, but I guess if it's not a driver issue, then yeah, probably. is it on warranty?

>win 7
m8, that shit is unsupported now. I doubt nvidia will give a shit if its drivers have issues in win 7

>was on linux back here for the time being
did you have any issues while using it?
>>
>>82643451
Every conversion brings a quality loss.
> webm
Not a codec. VP8, VP9, AV1? I recommend AV1 if you have a good CPU.
>>
is there something I can buy or make that can turn off a lightswitch remotely without a ton of extensive electrical work?
>unscrew light switch panel
>connect something or whatever
>press a button
>turns light on/off
>>
Zombie apocalypse getting near 2021! The end is near. Great reset!
>>
>>82630209
thanks anon
>>
>product with the best marketing wins, not the one with the best technology
why is it like this
>>
File: tegaki.png (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
How does this work? I have a domestic network working in cascade with 3 routers using 3 different ips. Main router has dhcp enabled and has IP ending with 1.1, other 2 routers end with 1.2 and 1.3 and have dhcp disabled so that they simply act as repeater for the main router across the building
I just had somebody connect a random router in the building which by default has IP ending with 1.1 and dhcp enabled by default (it wasn't configured yet) and whenever that router is online every device linked to one of the repeaters (1.2 / 1.3) starts rerouting traffic to the new 1.1 router instead of using the old one
Why is this happening? And is there a fix? This happened by mistake so I could figure it out myself but checking the gateway IP and not recognizing the web ui when trying to access it but how would someone prevent malicious behaviors? Is it too late if someone has already manual access to a network with a LAN cable?
>>
Don't know who needs to hear this, but if you have a static IP/ 100% sure you aren't behind CGNAT and still can't forward port, ditch UPnP and forward them ports manually.

Worked for me after a week of shit not working.
>>
>>82642813
>>82642950
One time I had one of my "external HDDs" dropped on the floor. And it could not do r/w operations, but it was discovered by OS.
What I tried according to "suggestions from internet" was to wrap it in plastic and put it into freezer for hours.
After unwrapping it I plug it into HDD adapter and run robocopy with /MOV flag, which managed to work for a dozen of minutes until it got warm.
Rinse and repeat till was empty.
>>
There is no end. Pandemic, more suffering, more austism, more depression, no end to the collapsing civilisation, rotten would get even more rotten, degenerate get even more degenerate.
>>
>>82640292
I used to have blank new page, but is there really no option to turn this off without an extension? I'm just going to switch to librewolf or whatever
>>
>>82643638
>tried disabling (or enabling) hw acceleration in the browser settings?
yeah I did
>is it on warranty?
I can't find the receipt, fuck. Single monitor, I get zero problem, it's gotta be fucking shitty win 7 drivers.
>did you have any issues while using it?
Haven't tested linux with it. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
>>
>>82644177
my internet is behind a cgnat, and isp cost extra for static ip, on my old isp i didnt have static ip but i would be able to forward ports easily with upnp too, but that ip generally was expensive, i don't think getting an static ip is in options since it costs extra, since i just wanna do it for hosting game servers, but is there literally no way to host any kind of server with cgnat? i do know about expose and ngrok but they introduce ton of latency
>>
can someone tell me some livecd what includes all tools needed for building LFS out of the box
remember live CD, it must fit to standard 700mb cd-r

(list what tools it needs:
>bash
>binutils
>bison
>bzip2
>coreutils
>diffutils
>findutils
>gawk
>gcc
>glibc
>grep
>gzip
>obviously linux kernel
>m4
>make
>patch
>perl
>python 3
>sed
>tar
>texinfo
>xz
>>
>>82644474
Grass. Touch it.
>>
If set a subdomain to reroute to a public IP VPS and put an SSL on it will it encrypt the rerouting as well?
>>
>>82644142
>dhcp disabled so that they simply act as repeater
Not an answer to the actual question but they are simply access points. WiFi repeater is the absolute shitty way of expanding the wireless.

>I just had somebody connect a random router in the building which by default has IP ending with 1.1 and dhcp enabled by default (it wasn't configured yet) and whenever that router is online every device linked to one of the repeaters (1.2 / 1.3) starts rerouting traffic to the new 1.1 router instead of using the old one
>Why is this happening?
IP collision, it's a surprise ANYTHINGs working at that point.
>And is there a fix
Stop colliding IP addresses or use a more obscure network mask. This is exactly the reason I went for an obscure mask of 10.0.127.0/24 to prevent the default 192.168.1.1 from doing something like that.
If you really want to close people to their own subnets consider using actual routers and give everyone their own address range. But that's another topic and idk what kind of devices there are available other than using a routing PC with multiple network cards.
Yet another solution is to use the wifi-boxes in their routing mode but then you lose the ability to share printers and stuff with the wireless clients. Big question is do you want to be on the same ethernet block with whoever's using your access points.
>>
>>82645328
>WiFi repeater
They might be WiFI APs but they are linked via LAN to the main router. I also tried switching the new router to 0.1 but every other device on the network stopped receiving addresses from the main router dhcp and started using the 0.1 router dhcp instead. I don't really get it but for now I disabled dhcp on the new router since it had default credentials
>>
How would I remove the first keyframe segment of several videos? Like the fist few sec. Using GNU/Linux
>>
>>82644177
Not relevant if you have static IP or not. uPNP is just a mechanism to make port forwarding more convenient when programs support it so you dont have to configure it manually.
>shit not working
Typical chinkshit routers.
>>
>>82645371
>They might be WiFI APs but they are linked via LAN to the main router.
Therefore they are access points.
>credentials
Wireless encryption credentials?
>>
>>82645394
>Wireless encryption credentials
No no, control panel credentials. The router is linked via LAN to the network so I can access to it from anywhere. I just inputed admin/admin and disabled dhcp from there. Now everything works fine. I'm going to tell the owner (my father) to fuck off with his toys and don't link them to the network..
I was just curious about possible solution. It seems devices pick the closest dhcp in the network instead of using the main one. I would probably need to set a static local ip to force a connection but that's not really a fix
>>
>>82645414
>It seems devices pick the closest dhcp in the network instead of using the main one.
In my experience it's random, whoever gets to reply first. Everyone on the same ethernet block are just as close, everyone is "local".
>>
what's the best option to convert a lot of gifs to png? I have a manga that came in the wrong format.
>>
I thought I could just swap out the cells of a nearly dead laptop battery but apparently that just bricks the BMS? I tried wiring the battery + to the BMS output + like I've seen on the internet but it doesn't work, there's no hope is there?
>>
>>82644039
the world is unfair
>>
>>82644786
Most live cds support installing programs no? The FAQ suggests that any live install should work
https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html#what-dist
>>
I'm an independent filmmaker and I have lots of lots of 4k footage from a film I'm working on. Right now everything is stored on external hard drives but I want to back those up in case they get corrupted or burnt to a crisp in a fire. Should I back them up with cloud storage?

I know cloud storage is incredibly insecure and shouldn't be used to private files, but surely there are no downsides to backing up my unedited footage in the cloud, right? Anyone have any recommended ways to back up terabytes of footage for free? Preferably not involving Google because lol, they might delete everything if they find out I ever said the word nigger in the past.
>>
How do I compile a visual studio project? I just want to recompile a github project on my own instead of waiting for a release from the author. Is there command line tool I can use for the task without downloading the IDE?
>>
>>82643138
Understood, thanks!

>>82644258
Sounds crazy, will try when my SSD arrives
>>
>>82641529
>this guy says it takes less than a day: https://old.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/8e5m73/twitter_is_forcing_me_to_add_my_phone_number_how/dxtty0y/
I got an automated email and waited on that over night, but when I replied to it saying I had no phone, they apologized for the mishap and unlocked my account in 6 minutes.
Such a relief.
>>
You rent a car you pay car rent. You rent a boat you pay rent. But you rent a house you want to rent free, you want to propose a bill to ban eviction, you want to not pay rent for car for boat for house, you don’t want to rent but everything free.
>>
>>82646971
>>>/pol/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.