[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1620675579564.png (231 KB, 700x653)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
How the fuck are WebDevs paid so much? I'd understand if I saw costume made websites and costume code, but most of the time it's a WordPress installation with some flare on top. How do you all justify it?
>>
It's not justifiable in any way. They just ride it while it lasts.
>>
are you trying to say custom? do you think custom is spelled costume?
>>
>>82029363
How much are they paid?
>>
>>82029395
Sorry, I'm a Eurobro and I always fuck up phonetically equivalent words.
>>
>>82029363
the ones that get paid much dont use wordpress, they use custom website using frameworks. and webdev is not easy, the frontend is very dynamic nowadays and the backend can be very complex if you have a big system.
>>
>>82029430
Well a mate just got paid 5k for a website that sells some shitty horse products. I looked at the site and it wasn't anything to write home about. He probably made it in less than 10 days.
>>
>>82029452
>webdev is not easy
>>
>>82029436
no need to apologize friend
>>
>>82029452
Shut the fuck up. Even top sites use wp or some other popular framework. VERY few people do costum sites anymore. Now with webapps we're starting to see more intricate and complex sites, but in general it isn't hard.
>>
>>82029463
Webdev is abstract as fuck, or do you define webdev as "everything that is exposed through the HTTP/TCP protocol?"
As a backend developer, you're often supposed to program the underlying components as well, which are not web-related in any way.
>>
>>82029436
custom "kust-om" and costume "kost-ume" are pretty different words anon.
Wordpress shits are not paid very much, they're found on fivr for $10 a site.
>>
>>82029477
>we're starting to see more intricate and complex sites
We do?.
>>
>>82029460
Jeez I need to get in on this
>>
>>82029477
>guy who has neverdone webdev
>>
>>82029487
Backend is often hard and usually soul crushing, but frontend developers should be working for peanuts and breadcrumbs.
>>
>>82029537
Get the fuck out of here. Frontend first have to deal with getting the site to work, constant SEO changes, accessibility to people, accessible to the backend and styling. Not to mention dealing with the clients stupid demands and on the fly changes
>>
>>82029590
Bruv, you literally call some APIs and make the responses pretty in the tweedy weedy browser diddy.
>>
>>82029534
I have, it is the most menial job ever. Problem solving and error diagnosis is trivial, don't compare it to serious work please. It has its place and need, but to say that it is hard is just plain stupid. Look at the numbers, there's a reason why it is so popular.
>>
>>82029609
>I have never looked into frontend development
>>
>>82029510
In the sense that the App/Website barrier is fading. Thus opening up the opportunity to make some interesting shit, also Dapps being a thing and WebGPU look a bit promising. At least they'll have the tools to make more interesting things, even if 90% of it becomes the same "standard" endless scroll ad delivery platform the average consumer seems to never get enough of.
>>
>>82029363
Supply and demand:
Every company needs a website.
Less than 0.1% of people can make a website.
>>
>>82029620
>trivial
Really depends on what the client wants. If they want something simple then yes job is overpaid as fuck. The problem is most big clients want these huge websites with tons of moving parts to where state management, consistant styling, correct routing, crazy animations and context management, plus what I said earlier with the SEO, the site can be complex af.
>>
>>82029686
I see. One particular burmese lead smelting forum is what I use the most, so things like that easily pass me by.
>>
>>82029436
You're italian isn't It?
>>
>>82029363
Because I provide value in excess of what I get paid.
>>
>>82029996
Nah, Krautspic.
>>
>>82029387
Yea been riding this bubble for my entire adult life. It's definitely not going to last.

>>82029477
Bullshit. You don't know what you are saying. Not a single company I worked at had used WP/drupal, any other idiotic CMS to handle their business needs.

>>82029510
Yea. How about you imagine how much complexity goes into order processing in warehouses, AI driven recommendation engines, delivery management, marketing.
All you are seeing is the client-facing tip of the iceberg.

>>82029534
Agreed, pretty much most of this thread.
>>
>>82030780
Thank you. Tired of this front end bashing when they have no idea what they are talking about

>making an e-commerce website is easy

Ok now make it scaleable
>>
File: 1595888349574.jpg (37 KB, 400x400)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>82029363
>costume made websites and costume code
>>
>>82030934
Stop bullying. OP apologized for this.
>>
>>82029590
>>82029609
>>82029537
>>82029675
>>82030870
Lol frontend nigger thinks he's hot shit because he's a babysitter for the clients. Meanwhile if the backend didn't exist your app wouldn't exist either.

Outside of cuntpasting wordpress sites what matters in web apps is the business logic because the entire reason they ordered it in the first place is because they want something custom. You can't cuntpaste-javascript-libraries and "install flashy plugins" your way out of this one. Any stacey with a free hour and google can learn how to do frontend. This is why you are paid less.
>>
I was a intern in a small but successful design company of my city and the shit I saw made HATE frontend. The company had ONE developer. The work was just installing WordPress, a template and slightly tweaking it. The CSS is full of !important statements and the JS code is a incest child of GSAP, HighwayJS and some other shit.
Is this shit normal?? It was 4 months of looking at functional, but shit, code.>
>>
>>82032420
There is such a thing as a good frontend developer who sticks to either the paradigm or way the app is already made but they are rare because it's become a meme to try to get that supposed high paying job, they legitimately think they can "make apps from scratch" when they make a bunch of shitty HTML and JS plugin interfaces that can't save. The reason why this is a thing is because FE niggers suck CEO/owner cock full time and just make proof of concept interfaces to appease a few core people who pay the bill, then by they time they figure out it is a static page that doesn't save, they have long since jumped ship and done the same somewhere else. Most FE niggers don't know how to do anything except blindly beg and copy paste on stack overflow, to the point where they've been doing this for 5+ years and still have no idea how to get something to save to a db.
>>
bump for frontend developer hate
>>
File: 151908642050.jpg (25 KB, 500x375)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>82029452
>using frameworks
if you're a talentless hack, perhaps
>>
>>82029363
>>82030959
laughed, OP that was a funny typo

best of luck, have a free bump
>>
Imagine going back in time 50 years and trying to explain to someone what a frontend developer is. Imagine describing to them making that kind of money (at least compared to 50 years ago) doing a non-labor almost stress free job and how they are still that entitled, and think they are superior than backend devs who know ten times more at minimum, and can't admit defeat and just job hop every few months because they also know they are a dime a dozen and how worthless they are, but still try to pretend to be entitled and smug because being a frontend karen is basically all they have between them and being out on the street. Imagine going back in time 50 years and trying to explain that.
>>
>>82029363
A lot of web devs have the skill set for writing as well, and do the copy for the site. They get paid to know the difference between flair and flare, for example. It's hard to take someone (or some company) seriously when they make elementary mistakes like that. So I guess you've kinda demonstrated the value in your OP, haven't you?
>>
>>82029452
ooooh so hard
class NiggerController:
fun get(){get shit from db, send it back}
fun post(){receive shit and put it into db}
fun put(){edit shit in db with received data}
fun delete(){delete shit from db}

woooooow so damn har amazing
>>
>>82034593
This. After learning Django in a day, I realize how easy webdevs have it. They really are scum.
>>
>>82029363
Now integrate with Docusign, Fedex, USPS, and Salesforce and scale it up for 100,000 daily users while staying within api limits.
>>
>>82031329
>>82029537
Major cope. Backend is easy as fuck. CSS makes me want to kill myself.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.