[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (2).png (5 KB, 341x148)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
which fagman companies would you work for?
>>
>>82028795
I would accept any kind of programming job offer at this point.
>>
>>82028795
>From which trash can would you like to eat?
>>
cia
>>
fbi
>>
netflix is the only answer
>>
>>82028795
none
>>
>>82028795
none of them
they are all pathetic and evil
>>
>>82028795
Amazon is the only company I would actually be sad to see go, so Amazon.
>>
>>82028795
nsa
>>
>>82028795
Any except Facebook
>>
File: 1610088419303.jpg (38 KB, 680x455)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>82028795
I'd pick Microsoft as my poison
>>
none of the above. they're all manipulators and leeches. if i had to pick one it would be apple but they're still pretty bad.
>>
>>82028795
none
>>
if someone put a gun to my head and told me i had to pick one, that would be the end for me. they are dishonest, exploitative, and anti-white.
>>
>>82029088

bezos is a pro-immigrant anti-gun limousine liberal who has installed millions of surveillance devices in the homes of americans. he can fuck off.
>>
>>82028795
Stripe or square. I will BECOME the jew
>>
>>82029221
>cuneiform meme
can anyone decipher it?
>>
there is no point in supporting them because they have and will continue to use their influence to undermine american society. even if i were to make money, it would be pointless because there would be no future. whatever wealth i made would be stolen from my kids, who would likely become brainwashed.

this is what i have come to understand. you cannot climb by working for a company whose objective is to keep you down. ultimately it is a self-defeating effort. even if you are entirely self-interested, there's no point in working for someone who wants you ignorant and barefoot, or dead. it's not an option.
>>
>>82029330
And yet the other dystopian megacorps are still worse.
>>
Who are you kidding guys, 99% of you wouldn't be able to pass the Leetcode easy phone screen.
t. FAGMAN pro
>>
>>82029633

i would not be able to look at myself if i worked for bezos.
>>
>>82029659
for
>>82029628
>>
>>82028795
Neither one of the diversity hire hubs.
>>
>>82029659
You know in the end it's essentially the same shit as any other company unless you're working in the smart teams, but with 3 <= x <= 20 times more money.
There's some cringe onboarding shit, but can you tell me with a straight face that the same doesn't happen in normal companies full of agile snakeoil retards and dumb as a rock product managers?
At least at FAGMAN your colleagues are generally smart.
>>
>>82029692
that reply was for another anon. i plan to go into education, because i think my efforts will be better spent in properly educating and unbrainwashing students. i will have a much larger impact this way.
>>
>>82028795
I'd consider Microsoft cause I like some shit they've done and are at least the most diverse in income source, and probably have teams that are of interest to me, for example AR. But honestly they're all pretty shitty.
>>
>>82028795
if not fagman where else would you work? the only people i know who can get me an interview all work at fagman, i'm practically unemployable outside of big tech megacorps

>>82029063
netflix is the hardest of those to get into
>>
>>82029330
>bezos is a pro-immigrant anti-gun
Nothing wrong with those views
>who has installed millions of surveillance devices in the homes of americans
No, Americans bought them.
>>
>>82028795
>which soulless evil corporation do you want to sell your soul too
>>
Michael Jordan once said that he does not talk about politics because Republicans and Democrats alike buy snickers.
What the heck is wrong with you annons, you should take their money, get access to the best knowledge available and work with the best people possible. Fuck the morals.
We're going to die anyway, at least die with a full bank account.
>>
>>82030029
Get out and take the dark skin horde with you, please.
>>
>>82030029
30 minutes has been added to your Amazon Prime time.
Thank you for (you)r services
>>
I currently work for AMZN. It's aight.
>>
I would choose Microsoft just to make FOSS people seethe.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1040x870)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>82030309
Uhhh
>>
I work at amazon
>>
>>82030787
what org?
>>
>>82030802
Amzl
>>
>>82028795
Microsoft or Netflix I guess, the rest have huge negative stereotypes. I remember a Google employee giving a lecture at my college and people were asking him about the hours that he worked, said something like "Oh yeah many weeks I'll work 80 hours on a project, you have to be really passionate to work here but its well worth it" what a huge fag lmaoo
>>
>>82030804
I found you on phonetool :^)
>>
>>82028795
At this point it would take a big salary for me to give up what I already have. I'd much rather transition to self-employed. But I'm probably a big enough whore that I would work for any of them for the right price, in roughly this order

1. microsoft
2. netflix
3. apple
4. google
5. faceberg
6. amazon

Ultimately though like any company I'm sure it matters a great deal what specific team you'd be on.
>>
>>82030819
Chime me then
>>
>>82030813
they're big companies
few people work 80h. the ones who do are lying, in a crunch, or did a few horrible weeks and still talk about it
t. pulled 2 16 hour days back to back once last year and still complain about it
>>
>>82028795
Microsoft for sure, the others have shit products I'd hate working on
>>
>>82028795
despite the rainbow apple is unironically the least gay of those
>>
>>82030841
you are probably right, I just couldn't imagine working for a company trying to push toxic ideas like working without pay because you have "passion". Any company like that is a no go unless they would pay me something I could retire on in 5 years.
>>
>>82030309
Why would they seethe? Microsoft is largely benign these days. Windows still sucks in many ways but that war has been over for a long time. Facebook and Google have done more evil than Microsoft ever did. Same with the videogame space, it's not like Nintendo and Sony are some kind of free and open champions compared to Microsoft.
>>
>>82030909
>company trying to push toxic ideas like working without pay
every company is trying to do that. amazon is the symbol of anti union

>Any company like that is a no go unless they would pay me something I could retire on in 5 years.
5 years is unlikely, you can almost certainly retire in 10 if you work at big tech though.

is it really worth it though? working at google in 2021 is like working at goldman sachs in 1981. even if i had millions i don't know what i'd do with the money. my quality of life being a wagie with millions would be the same as being a neet living off my parents
>>
>>82028795
my parents are low key pressuring me to work at google since they know a bunch of managers and staff levels there
so i guess G
>>
>>82029983
>if not fagman where else would you work?
What's your skillset?
>>
i worked at the googlag for five years. it has some redeeming qualities.

>>82030813
not the case at all from my experience. G has the best work life balance, half the people are coasting.

>>82031146
do it, it's a great place to start and end your career. save as much money as you can and you'll be FI in under a decade.
>>
>>82031171
going to a college where 20% of my class went to google, facebook, or amazon
>>
>>82031193
did you retire? at what net worth?
>>
>>82028795
Microsoft and Netflix.
>>
>This thread
Are you guys so sheltered that you think normal companies are any different? I mean, I worked in different places in both Europooristan and the US and most companies treat developers like expandable code monkeys, not to mention the single digit IQ managers and product owners that inevitably steer the places into bankruptcy or set them up in such a way that the bottom feeders will never profit.
Don't get me wrong, FAGMAN is evil as fuck, but only because they made it. At least they somewhat respect developers and give you decent money.
>>
>>82028795
Microsoft

I work on c# so I guess it's the best option?
>>
>>82030161
I'm staying your country and taking your job. Cope fag.
>>
>>82031846
>Are you guys so sheltered that you think normal companies are any different?
They are very different many companys started copying google workplace for that reason.
>>
I can't tell if Microsoft's latest marketing campaign has actually convinced most developers that they aren't one of the most actively harmful companies to FOSS or if people realise but FOSS is truly dead now. Still would have thought /g/ would have less people wanting to work for Microsoft, though
>>
>>82028795
I wouldn’t work for any of them. I’ll keep my warehouse job, thanks
>>
>>82028795
I don't know work for apple or netflex
>>
>>82028795
>working for FAGMAN unironically
Take the rope.
>>
>>82031900
if you work in seattle, amazon has such a huge presence that if you get out half your coworkers are probably also ex amazon as well.
>>
>>82029063
This
>>
>>82028813
yeah. there's a lot of people who only got amazon or google offers and had to take it.
people don't get to choose their jobs normally

>>82032056
i think the hate moved towards google and facebook recently since people feel the negative effects of social media in their lives more than that of an operating system
>>
I used to work for Facebook and Google, but I retired as a multi-millionaire and now I am a self employed entrepreneur (as a millionaire)
>>
>>82032292
i hate myself for knowing what this is from
>>
>>82029633
But I did, and I'm interviewing with amazon on the 17th. Wish me luck, anons.
If I could, I'd happily work for any of these companies, except for facebook. Fuck facebook. I'd take their money, but I'd be miserable the whole time.
>>
>>82028795
nsa
>>
>>82028849
Based glowie
>>
File: CARL_large.jpg (11 KB, 360x238)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
doesn't really matter in the long run. average tenure at fagman is ~1.84 years.

amazon is a legitimately horrible place to work at though, even at the corporate level. i hear facebook throws the biggest compensation at you though.
>>82030841
>few people work 80h
they do at amazon
>>
>>82032369
>i hear facebook throws the biggest compensation at you though.
yes and no. they pay their top end more but i think the majority is on par with google

>they do at amazon
depends on the org. i might be the exception but when i was at amazon it was a consistent 10-6. i never worked at any of the other FAGMAN so i don't know if i'm really missing out that much.
but it is true that people start looking for a new job the day they sign their offer letter with amazon. when i was there, one of my coworkers DESPISED it there and told me to get out asap.
>>
File: 1623392565025.jpg (72 KB, 682x630)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Google cuz they have the data
>>
>>82028795
Right now? Working at Apple sounds the most appealing to me. Microsoft would have been appealing ages ago but now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>82031273
ah ok, fagman is probably a good choice for a recent grad since they'll take promising grads with no xp. Smaller companies usually want someone with at least a few years of experience.

Still, there are a lot of smaller startupy type companies you can work for. Most of them are just as pozzed as fagman, some moreso and with less intelligence. You can also look into more traditional research and engineering at government labs and such.
>>
>>82032765
>with no xp
This. If you're a fresh grad or a career changer, find a way to interview with fagman, because they can afford to hire shitters who don't know anything but leetcode. Smaller companies don't have the money to burn.
>>
>people WANT to be churned through soulless billion dollar corporations.

I never understood this mentality.
>>
>>82032765
yeah i kind of fucked myself outside of getting a job through connections. and all my connections are fagman. so i'm stuck here

>>82032821
unironically this. fagman is the entry into the industry
>>
>>82029221
>>82029433
That's all I got
>>
Facebook because they are allowing 100% remote work from anywhere in my country
>>
>>82030331
and? he said FOSS. Learn what the F stands for newfag
>>
>>82029983
Netlfix is hot garbage. You have to be senior eng level but only make comparable to Google L5, and they're worse than Amazon about firing on performance.
I know many people who've worked in many different areas (creative execs, software engineers) at Netflix and it's all garbage.
>>
>>82032862
I got a FAGMAN internship because having it on my resume is gold and I can fuck off back to flyovertown and name my price.
>>
well I'm a content creator so I work for google.
it's on my resume
>>
>>82028795

I feel like Amazon would be least pozzed at the moment.
>>
If you have an offer anywhere other than Amazon, take it. It is a complete shithole. I worked their for 1.5 years as do the majority of people who leave before 2 years. If you don't believe me, go read team blind.
>>
File: 1623446965561.jpg (143 KB, 1062x1080)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>82028795
I'm about to start at Microsoft. I hate big tech and Microsoft but I just wanted a FAGMAN on my resume, should be an interesting experience
>>
>>82030823
It's all pajeets and literal straight off the boat Asians. The tranny thing is a myth, they are just the loudest on Twitter
>>
I do work for a fag man lmao
>>
>>82037003
They got James Damore fired. That's the thing Pajeets are corrupt by nature and so are Chinese plus they are all deeply accustomed to just keeping their heads down and playing along with authority to get paid. Even if that authority is tranny twitter.
>>
>>82029433
WHAT FATE OMOROCA
>>
Fuck bros I just bombed a Google interview today. The first interview I did great which was a heap question but the second one they asked me how to find the shortest path between two nodes with a given value in a binary tree.

I knew how to do it logically, you just find each node in the tree and then backtrack up until your path has a common ancestor with the other path to the other node, but I could not code it for shit.
>>
i work for amazon...as a warehouse worker
>>
If you care about the ethics or politics of the company you work for, you're going to have a very rough time finding a job. All corporations are shitty, its just the nature of the beast. Play ball or get left in the dust.
>>
>>82037914
people who claim they'd refuse a six figure job because muh morals are 100% lying
>>
>>82037937
what if you have a 6-figure job already?
>>
File: neet pepe.png (271 KB, 600x579)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>82028795
none, fuck working
>>
>>82028795
I would work for any of them and try to destroy them from the inside out.
>>
>>82032341
>glowie
t. obfuscating faggot that is too much of a coward to say cia nigger
>>
>>82037937
I already make over 200k. Unless they’re paying me over 500k, I’m never working for them
>>
I'm indirectly working for microshit
I hate it.
>>
>>82028795
Of those, I hate amazon and microsoft the least
>>
>>82031769
took a break for a year, had a kid, joined a small company.
>>
>>82032821
>>82032765
Really? A bunch of questions:
Do they make you move to the Bay Area or a regional location? How does the pay compare? Is it just leetcode shit and data structures or do they want specific skills?

t. bored CS grad looking for resume pak
>>
>>82039445
meant undergrad
>>
>>82028795
Work for Amazon, just put in my two weeks.
>>
>>82038775
Hello Rakesh
>>
>>82035684
What was the interview process like.
>>
>>82039445
leetcode and some luck is all you need. G has lots of offices around the globe, but try to push you to work at the mothership. the pay scales based on the local cost of living, but is usually on top of the market.
>>
>>82039469
Why?
>>
>>82028795
Netflix at most.
Fuck Facebook, fuck Apple, fuck Amazon, fuck Google. These are all companies with a track record of fucking humanity up the ass and I won’t sell my soul to work for these motherfuckers.
Netflix too maybe, it’s the opium of the masses nowadays.
Money doesn’t bring happiness after about 70k (in U.S. on avg.) so why the fuck should I sell my soul?
>>
>>82030919
>it's not like Nintendo and Sony are some kind of free and open champions compared to Microsoft.
MS has ironically been pretty fantastic in the video game space. Ever since the original Xbox, they've been the only one of the three to push for cross-platform stuff while continuing to invest in PC game development instead of trying to force everything to be console exclusive while having unprecedented backwards compatibility.
>>
>>82038715
How?
>>
>>82037914
>>82037937
>>82038281
I have a six figure job and I'd probably still take a FAGMAN position. There's a big difference between my job, which is a bit over $140k/year before bonus (which is not that much) vs. a typical FAGMAN salary + bonus at my level which would be insane.
>>
>>82039740
Just an online quiz/code test then 4 interviews back to back, each one was basically the same asking a bit about my background and then going through a coding question
>>
>>82039816
>Money doesn’t bring happiness after about 70k (in U.S. on avg.)
This number gets thrown around a lot by poor people for pure cope.
>>
>>82028795
microsoft or apple tbqh
>>
>>82039848
It depends where you live, 70k in my city is enough to get rent and food and that's basically it. 70k in bumfuck nowhere will buy you a mcmansion, 40 acres of land and a big truck and you can live like a king if that's your thing
>>
>>82039848
I believe it. My parents make close to 400k combined and they're both miserable cunts that always argue about money
>>
>>82039772
how come google never answers my applications?
if they just look they'll see me and they'll go "WOW this is a real skilled guy"
>>
>>82028795
>jewish social media that controls information, censors and violates privacy
>globohomo company that sells products for faggots and engages in child labor
>globohomo search engine that controls information, censors and violates privacy
>globohomo software company that makes spyware for every computer
>globohomo store that copies and kills businesses, sells spyware at home devices and violates labor laws
>globohomo digital heroin that promotes faggots, pedophilia and racemixing
>>
>>82039848
It gets thrown around by psychologists who studied these things.
Hedonic adaptation exists.
You very likely won’t be able to become a bourgeois (not even saying they are happier), so putting so much time and effort into serving a system that extracts your labor capital and actively makes the world a worse place instead of focusing on your mental and physical health and meaningful connections with others is an idiots strategy to life very clearly influenced by your desire to make mommy/daddy proud.

>But I’m do better things than the poor people do because I’m not poor and muh propaganda said poor people are morally inferior
Fuck off, you still have the chance to change your ways before you realize at 60 that you’ve worked yourself to death and nobody in your life actually likes you
>>
>>82039926
i don't know if these are criticisms or not?
>>
>>82039926
Basically this without the conspiracy shit but keeping the moral implications.
They are shit companies.
>>
would work for facebook to steal peoples data/nudes
>>
>>82039979
You can steal peoples nudes without working at Facebook, you know? Might even save you a lawsuit or two
>>
>>82037884
> amazon whorehouse worker

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.