[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.png (595 KB, 1200x799)
595 KB
595 KB PNG
My company recently acquired a large tech firm in india. We are in the business of Insurance Software.
We currently have about 1500 US employees. The India office has ~600.
During corporate meeting today, they touted that they are continuing to "invest in our India Team Members" and are during a hiring spree and promotion spree.

In my department, we've been dealing with severe lack of resources and no shortage of work. We've been asking for new hires and only gotten a few fresh college grads.

Today my boss gave notice that Indian Team Members will be "shadowing" our development groups to help offset some pressure on us.

Should I be worried for my job? Am I about to be training my cheap offshore replacement?
Is now the time to start dusting off my resume?
>>
>>81458641
Yes it is time to dust off your resume. OR end up being buddies with the Indians and start your own contracting company.
>>
yep, the previuos company i worked in was acquired by an indian company. so i switched to another job just in time before the shit hits the fan
>>
>>81458641
Yep you're training your replacements.
Get a new job as soon as possible.
>>
>>81458641
You are being replaced by cheap and stupid ipajeets, do as little work as possible and gtfo.
>>
>>81458641
I got laid off because my boss hired three freelancers.

As >>81458921 said, time to get texlive installed. Good luck on the job market.
>>
>>81458641
>Is now the time to start dusting off my resume?
yes, but not for the reason you fear (that they're gonna take your job), but because this is a sure sign that your company will be out of business soon. once the indians take over development, the quality of your product will go downhill, severely. your company will last maybe 2 years, tops.
>>
Be sure to train your replacement in the worst possible way and start negotiating your severance package.
>>
File: 1618238406623.png (657 KB, 720x832)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
>>81458641
Based Indians leaving overpaid Ameritrannies unemployed

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.